PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Final 4: England v Italy (24th June, kick-off 19:45)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hutch
19th June '12, 10:16 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/1444u35.jpg

Hickory Dickory
19th June '12, 10:19 PM
Can see us winning but then at the same time can see us getting ripped apart lelelle.

Naruto
19th June '12, 10:23 PM
If Oxlade/Theo starts ahead of Milner can see us winning this.

Italy play very defensive and I can't see them attacking on all fronts so I wouldn't see the logic in playing Milner for extra defensive cover when Ox is a better technical and pacey player who is more likely to do a lot more damage.

Karim Benzema
19th June '12, 10:42 PM
I pray england beat italy

hate italy so much

Josh
19th June '12, 10:46 PM
If Oxlade/Theo starts ahead of Milner can see us winning this.

Italy play very defensive and I can't see them attacking on all fronts so I wouldn't see the logic in playing Milner for extra defensive cover when Ox is a better technical and pacey player who is more likely to do a lot more damage.

I don't think Woy will start anyone other than Milner down the right.

Sosa
19th June '12, 10:52 PM
id hate to see walcott start tbh

Naruto
19th June '12, 10:54 PM
id hate to see walcott start tbh

cant really do any worse than milner can he.

walcott to start with oxlade on for him second half, or vice versa

Sosa
19th June '12, 11:10 PM
cant really do any worse than milner can he.

walcott to start with oxlade on for him second half, or vice versa

he done worse then milner this evening tbh, did he even touch the ball when he come on? should be left as an impact sub..

Naruto
19th June '12, 11:25 PM
he done worse then milner this evening tbh, did he even touch the ball when he come on? should be left as an impact sub..

can confirm he touched the ball.

he also made a run which put him in a undoubtable goal-scoring position which needed just a simple pass but for once ox fucked it up for him. if walcott had failed to make that pass to ox walcott would be getting demolished left right n centre by his critics on the forum right now

Sosa
19th June '12, 11:30 PM

he also made a run which put him in a undoubtable goal-scoring position which needed just a simple pass but for once ox fucked it up for him. if walcott had failed to make that pass to ox walcott would be getting demolished left right n centre by his critics on the forum right now

If he starts it should be up front with Wayne

DTR
20th June '12, 12:07 AM
I pray england beat italy

hate italy so much
Wonder why.:-D

Karim Benzema
20th June '12, 12:17 AM
Wonder why.:-D

cause italy and france are rivals bro

similar to the rivalary of england and germany

was hoping italy would lose to us

but england will do

and if france go out ill rep england.... only time i dont rep england is if they are vsing france.

Mr. Jefferies
20th June '12, 12:21 AM

To be fair that's completely one way. Germans don't give a fuck about us.

Our real rivals should be Ireland and Scotland.

Karim Benzema
20th June '12, 12:23 AM
italy hates france

france hates italy

i like mario thou

DTR
20th June '12, 12:25 AM

was hoping italy would lose to us

but england will do

and if france go out ill rep england.... only time i dont rep england is if they are vsing france.
Or this?:-D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e0rIiASFq4)

Jack 1017
20th June '12, 12:29 AM
Wait, AMP is French and hates Italy because they beat France when they vsed them in the 06 WC? mind=blown tbh

Karim Benzema
20th June '12, 12:38 AM
france and italy have been rivals long before 2006

surprised you guys didn't know this

Mr. Jefferies
20th June '12, 12:39 AM
italy hates france

france hates italy

Yeah.

But Germany don't hate England. They hate Holland, they don't give a fuck about us, it's just a sad as fuck obsession by English people trying to force a rivalry with a nation that moved on years ago.

I've met loads of Germans abroad and been on many nights out with them pissed as a fart and they think we're cool as fuck..

Hutch
20th June '12, 12:44 AM
I've met loads of Germans abroad and been on many nights out with them pissed as a fart and they think we're cool as fuck.

A couple of people I know that went to Munich for the CL final also said the Germans were a good laugh. 1 guy was with his mates in a pub full of Munich fans and they were all singing non stop, he said the Munich fans applauded them after the game and shook their hands.

Mr. Jefferies
20th June '12, 12:49 AM
A couple of people I know that went to Munich for the CL final also said the Germans were a good laugh. 1 guy was with his mates in a pub full of Munich fans and they were all singing non stop, he said the Munich fans applauded them after the game and shook their hands.

Most of the ones I've met were like that.

Never met a German dickhead but the closest time was when I met some lads a few years ago and we all got pissed in a pub in Bulgaria, they were talking about Turks and how they're all cunts and immigrants lol

Karim Benzema
20th June '12, 12:52 AM
guess english fan beg ww2 too much

england vs scotland rivalry seems dead to me

seems like the scots care more

but your right german and holland is pretty deep

so is spain and portugal

chris89
20th June '12, 01:45 AM

Joey Barton >>>> pls confirm

MyLord
20th June '12, 01:57 AM
Can see a very defensive game here tbh but I like the game that we've been playing last couple of games. Playing defensively almost letting the opposition come at us so we get a feel of their gameplay then strike and close them down... sort of

Walcott and Chambers start???? not to sure. Walcott seems more of a threat when he comes on at 60+mins but can also do alot of damage from the start. lol@milner on the wing.

Switch reminded me that Downing is there to:laugh::laugh::laugh: fucking waste of space

Gerrard(a.k.a top scouser) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scrappy123
20th June '12, 02:30 AM
If we win this then Roy has matched our best ever record at The Euros and he had been manager for a few weeks before the tournament.

it's tough but possible.

Would silence his critics like a boss.

Big up Jay and Sir Woy Hodgson

Sup Hij

RealOnRoad
20th June '12, 02:30 AM
Milner remains the worst player by a mile, really hope he doesn't play any part at all
I'd rather we play with ten men tbh

nesta17
20th June '12, 02:37 AM
we have a much better team than italy really there is nothing to fear, we have the better playmaker, the better forwards, and for sure the better wingers. ballotelli is a problem but is easily wound up like rooney, john terry your time.

Grimes
20th June '12, 07:00 AM
lol at much better team when they have balotelli

Switch
20th June '12, 08:10 AM
If we win this then Roy has matched our best ever record at The Euros and he had been manager for a few weeks before the tournament.

it's tough but possible.

i think he already has

we have a much better team than italy really there is nothing to fear, we have the better playmaker, the better forwards, and for sure the better wingers. ballotelli is a problem but is easily wound up like rooney, john terry your time.i dont think so, from what i've seen of italy thus far england are still inferior but i dont really watch the Italian league just basing it of this tournament, do you watch Italian football? because to make a statement like that you must have to watch the players quite frequently to say that tbh.

Julio Cesar
20th June '12, 08:16 AM
Joey Barton >>>> pls confirm

Can confirm it was the right thing to do

DTR
20th June '12, 08:16 AM
We CAN win this.

FoundTheGif
20th June '12, 08:18 AM
If we win this who do we go up against next?

NSF
20th June '12, 08:28 AM
If we win this who do we go up against next?

Greece or Germany I think

Mr. Jefferies
20th June '12, 09:51 AM
We CAN win this.

that's it lads, we're fucked.

Jay
20th June '12, 10:25 AM

it's tough but possible.

Big up @Jay (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=2) and @Sir Woy Hodgson (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1006)

Sup @Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1)

In Woy we trust, transformed both our clubs tbh.

All in on Woy #YOLO.

chris89
20th June '12, 10:34 AM
Woy>>>>>>>>

Topped the group you know :laugh:

Jack 1017
20th June '12, 11:07 AM
lol at much better team when they have balotelli

Pirlo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

M.O.G.
20th June '12, 11:17 AM
We can spin Italy, think out of all the so called big nations they're the weakest.
If we play like we did last night though....we'll be boarding a plane swiftly.

Nigel
20th June '12, 11:41 AM
Chiellini is injured and out the game.

Reckon we should play Theo or the Ox over Milner. Need the page to hit them on the counter, as tbh we are similar defensive sides.

RoadManNoOldMan
20th June '12, 11:55 AM
All in on england 2 win after 90

what the fuck have i done!

quality
20th June '12, 11:59 AM
Have a tenner on Italy to win e/w (so technically make the final) at 14/1. Treason.

Theoneandonlykriptik
20th June '12, 12:05 PM
englannnnnnnnnnndddddd

NaiJaBoY
20th June '12, 12:13 PM

Trust, We will be hearing "he hasnt got a football brain" blah blah lol

Jay
20th June '12, 12:28 PM
Trust, We will be hearing "he hasnt got a football brain" blah blah lol

I would be pissed if I was Walcott last night, quite a few times he was in a perfect position waiting for a pass and he just got ignored.

Hij
20th June '12, 02:12 PM

it's tough but possible.

Big up Jay and Sir Woy Hodgson

Sup Hij

Lol I've yet to see a convincing performance .

I fully expect that this is where we crash out.

I hope we don't though .

iKlozzle
20th June '12, 04:04 PM
InB4 4-1

Hodgson was never a bad manager, just had a bad spell at Liverpool, and even then was it that bad? Kenny didn't do much better IMO.

He's proven with Fulham and WBA. Not to mention his European experience. Man managed Inter Milan once you know!

quality
20th June '12, 04:05 PM
Man managed Inter Milan once you know!

Not successfully. He sold Roberto Carlos as well.

iKlozzle
20th June '12, 04:12 PM
Not successfully. He sold Roberto Carlos as well.

I don't know much about his tenure at Inter tbh. But it shows he has experience at European level.

And selling a player doesn't make you a bad manager lol. Fergie sold Cristiano Ronaldo.

quality
20th June '12, 04:18 PM
I don't know much about his tenure at Inter tbh. But it shows he has experience at European level.

Then why bring it up. If I fail a GCSE, I can't put on my cv I have experience of exams.

Hodgson managed to get his Inter team, containing Javier Zanetti, Youri Djorkaeff and Ince, through to the 1997 UEFA Cup Final where they played Schalke 04. Given that Inter had a recent history of winning UEFA Cup finals, with victories in both 1990 and 1994, the Italian side started as favourites. It was the last UEFA Cup final to be played over two legs, with each club winning their home leg 1–0. When the German underdogs won the final in Milan on penalties, Inter fans pelted Hodgson with coins and lighters.

I don't think he's a bad manager. At all.

But bringing up failures abroad, success in Scandavia, or previous experience as an international manager is void. This has never previously been criteria for a manager.

iKlozzle
20th June '12, 04:26 PM
quality

Using your GCSE example

You could talk about the knowledge acquired whilst undergoing the course. You just failed the assessment, doesn't mean you didn't learn anything.

I see your point and see the flaws in my previous statement.

quality
20th June '12, 04:29 PM
I've said before if we wanted a successful English manager in Europe with a good record with middle of the road Prem clubs, we'd have got McClaren back. He was actually successful in a better league, with a small club as well.

There's a fundamental flaw in producing managers when Redknapp and Hodgson are stand out candidates.

Josh
20th June '12, 05:06 PM
Can confirm GCSEs aren't the same as managing Inter Milan bros

DTR
20th June '12, 05:13 PM
that's it lads, we're fucked.
We can, when I have gut feelings about things, I'm always right.

chris89
20th June '12, 05:18 PM
We can, when I have gut feelings about things, I'm always right.
I remember when you made like 5 predictions in a football thread, got 2 out of 5 right, quoted and bolded them :laugh:

Mr. Jefferies
20th June '12, 05:21 PM
I remember when you made like 5 predictions in a football thread, got 2 out of 5 right, quoted and bolded them :laugh:

lol

>>>>>

NSF
20th June '12, 05:29 PM
quality I swear you're the type of guy who's never happy. I could understand you making all these essays if we were losing but we've just topped the group and haven't lost a game yet. Until we do then I think you're just wasting your time and coming across like some bitter guy because the appointment saga fucked up the end of your season, had nothing to do with star players going into games thinking they were gonna be easy was it?

If you are gonna judge him fairly then I think qualifying for the world cup should be where it's done so we can see what he can do with a decent amount of time.

quality
20th June '12, 05:35 PM
quality I swear you're the type of guy who's never happy. I could understand you making all these essays if we were losing but we've just topped the group and haven't lost a game yet. Until we do then I think you're just wasting your time and coming across like some bitter guy because the appointment saga fucked up the end of your season, had nothing to do with star players going into games thinking they were gonna be easy was it?

If you are gonna judge him fairly then I think qualifying for the world cup should be where it's done so we can see what he can do with a decent amount of time.

I'm talking about football. I've not said he's a shit manager. But him and Redknapp being the candidates is depressing. Fuck all to do with bitterness, I've posted on here numerous times saying that the England job shouldn't be an excuse for what happened with Spurs.

If you think all this posting about England is to do with Redknapp... You're a mong.

DTR
20th June '12, 05:41 PM

I don't.:laugh:
My predictions are usually good though.

Mr. Jefferies
20th June '12, 05:47 PM
I don't.:laugh:
My predictions are usually good though.

Remember the bet you made with yourself? (And lost :pinkface:)

NSF
20th June '12, 05:52 PM
I'm talking about football. I've not said he's a shit manager. But him and Redknapp being the candidates is depressing. Fuck all to do with bitterness, I've posted on here numerous times saying that the England job shouldn't be an excuse for what happened with Spurs.

If you think all this posting about England is to do with Redknapp... You're a mong.So what's your point then? Give the guy a chance and see what he can do instead of moaning about it constantly, do you think Mourinho or Fergie is gonna drop everything to manage a team that is known for failure at tournaments?

quality
20th June '12, 05:54 PM
So what's your point then? Give the guy a chance and see what he can do instead of moaning about it constantly, do you think Mourinho or Fergie is gonna drop everything to manage a team that is known for failure at tournaments?

"Give the guy a chance" do you think he gives a shit if I'm supporting him on grimeforum? I'm saying the choice of English managers is depressing. The football England are playing is depressing. Good luck to him, but I'm offering an opinion - I'm not going to say everything is cool.

DTR
20th June '12, 05:55 PM

lululu yeah:laugh:

I remember when I said Ji-Sung Park will score in a certain game(can't remember what game) and he did.
I remember when everyone went for a team in the FA cup, and I was the only one who went for the team in the lower league, and I got it right.
I remember when the same situation happened again, me and Stepper only bet on the lower team and got it right.

Just to name a few.
England will win.

chris89
20th June '12, 05:58 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Clive Eboue
21st June '12, 02:03 AM
So going in to the tournament everyone agreed we had little, if any, expectations for the tournament and we all knew that we have a pretty rubbish squad with barely any technical ability.

Win the group unbeaten and people still moan. Seen.

Some people will never be happy lol can confirm I will be running through Palmers Green with my "In Woy We Trust" themed England flag draped around me when we bully Italy off the pitch on Sunday >>>>>>>

M.O.G.
21st June '12, 11:20 AM
"Give the guy a chance" do you think he gives a shit if I'm supporting him on grimeforum? I'm saying the choice of English managers is depressing. The football England are playing is depressing. Good luck to him, but I'm offering an opinion - I'm not going to say everything is cool.

You play a certain way to win, yeah it's boring but it's getting the results.
The whole world knows we cant go out there and pass teams off the park like Spain, or wear teams down like Germany or overwhelm any of the teams in these euros, were simply not good enough to do that but Hodgson (who's time at Liverpool really was that bad) has got them playing a certain way that will enable them to grind results out.

Personally dont care if we scrape through by 1-0 every game, as long as we win, I think finishing top of a group that contained France, Sweden who we couldnt beat for years and a workman-like and decent Ukraine team has already exceeded expectations, we can beat Italy as well.

quality
21st June '12, 12:14 PM
You play a certain way to win, yeah it's boring but it's getting the results.
The whole world knows we cant go out there and pass teams off the park like Spain, or wear teams down like Germany or overwhelm any of the teams in these euros, were simply not good enough to do that but Hodgson (who's time at Liverpool really was that bad) has got them playing a certain way that will enable them to grind results out.

I don't think its possible to grind the way any further than you would get playing expansive football. In 04 England got to the quarters playing some decent stuff. Making it an entertaining game and losing is preferable to sitting behind the ball and losing. There's just something so depressing about watching a team play for setpieces, it must be hell supporting Stoke. I might be proved wrong, who knows.

England are basically going to surrender a lot of the ball to Pirlo, who will play infront of the midfield and has the ability to pick passes (long and short). You'll then have Motta and Cassano playing infront of the defense, completely untracked like Yarmalenko was at points. People seem to think beating Italy is a foregone conclusion for some reason. A lot of the game depends on Rooney being fit enough to close down Pirlo and then be able to do something when he has the ball. I can see him getting sent off tbh, as he certainly won't have players around him in support in attacking positions.

M.O.G.
21st June '12, 01:00 PM
I don't think its possible to grind the way any further than you would get playing expansive football. In 04 England got to the quarters playing some decent stuff. Making it an entertaining game and losing is preferable to sitting behind the ball and losing. There's just something so depressing about watching a team play for setpieces, it must be hell supporting Stoke. I might be proved wrong, who knows.

England are basically going to surrender a lot of the ball to Pirlo, who will play infront of the midfield and has the ability to pick passes (long and short). You'll then have Motta and Cassano playing infront of the defense, completely untracked like Yarmalenko was at points. People seem to think beating Italy is a foregone conclusion for some reason. A lot of the game depends on Rooney being fit enough to close down Pirlo and then be able to do something when he has the ball. I can see him getting sent off tbh, as he certainly won't have players around him in support in attacking positions.

I dont see Italy as a major obstacle if im being honest, I stated on here earlier in the week out of the so called bigger nations I view them as the weakest, with that said it will be tough but it's very winnable.

I think we'll win but I expect us to go out to the Germans, if Greece dont pull off a massive shock.

quality
21st June '12, 01:09 PM
I dont see Italy as a major obstacle if im being honest, I stated on here earlier in the week out of the so called bigger nations I view them as the weakest, with that said it will be tough but it's very winnable.

I think we'll win but I expect us to go out to the Germans, if Greece dont pull off a massive shock.

In what respect are they not a major obstacle? They qualified from a tough group, and have served up football miles better than England (admittedly in patches, 2nd half Spain, 1st half Croatia, the Ireland game). There seems to be a mentality that England are already in the semis. You would think England was the nation who'd won 4 World Cups and were playing a minnow.

chris89
21st June '12, 01:12 PM
I think it's just relief to not be playing Spain tbh, we have a massive chance

M.O.G.
21st June '12, 03:50 PM
In what respect are they not a major obstacle? They qualified from a tough group, and have served up football miles better than England (admittedly in patches, 2nd half Spain, 1st half Croatia, the Ireland game). There seems to be a mentality that England are already in the semis. You would think England was the nation who'd won 4 World Cups and were playing a minnow.

In regards to the other team we could have played and the players they have they just dont strike that kinda fear into me, it's a tough game but one were very capable of winning, im not anti-England bro, you come across like that tbh, everything is an argument against rather than for England.

quality
21st June '12, 03:53 PM
In regards to the other team we could have played and the players they have they just dont strike that kinda fear into me, it's a tough game but one were very capable of winning, im not anti-England bro, you come across like that tbh, everything is an argument against rather than for England.

Nah I'm just conditioned by watching tv coverage and hearing people chat in the pub like these other teams are shit. Italy are a proper team, if England get past them it will be a big deal. England's competitive record against decent nations is shit, there's a reason for that.

I'm not anti-England at all, I don't want them to lose, but shit football is shit Stepper

Example number 1 below

hkP1Rf0bJ_E

Mr. Jefferies
21st June '12, 03:54 PM
I think it's just relief to not be playing Spain tbh, we have a chance

Fixed.

Beat Italy and the giddyometer will start to creep up. If Greece beat Germany it'll go into overdrive.

M.O.G.
21st June '12, 03:57 PM
Nah I'm just conditioned by watching tv coverage and hearing people chat in the pub like these other teams are shit. Italy are a proper team, if England get past them it will be a big deal. England's competitive record against decent nations is shit, there's a reason for that.

I'm not anti-England at all, I don't want them to lose, but shit football is shit Stepper

Example number 1 below

hkP1Rf0bJ_E

Italy arent the Italy of old man, they are pretty much like England average players surrounding a few world class players i.e Pirlo and Balotelli.

quality
21st June '12, 03:58 PM
Italy arent the Italy of old man, they are pretty much like England average players surrounding a few world class players i.e Pirlo and Balotelli.

They're a good team. If Sweden and Ukraine can look comfortable against England, Italy are a challenge above that.

Mr. Jefferies
21st June '12, 03:59 PM

Where Italy have an advantage though is, they've won things recently and got to finals, won the WC on penalties. England have a mental issue once it gets to the quarter finals. The players are probably doubting themselves.

quality
21st June '12, 04:03 PM
Where Italy have an advantage though is, they've won things recently and got to finals, won the WC on penalties. England have a mental issue once it gets to the quarter finals. The players are probably doubting themselves.

And Italy have played well in patches in this tournament.

Fitness after 60 mins is probably an issue for both teams, England's midfield (Gerrard, Parker, Milner) and Rooney, Pirlo and Cassano for Italy. That's where Walcott can probably have an impact.

Mr. Jefferies
21st June '12, 04:06 PM
And Italy have played well in patches in this tournament.

Fitness after 60 mins is probably an issue for both teams, England's midfield (Gerrard, Parker, Milner) and Rooney, Pirlo and Cassano for Italy. That's where Walcott can probably have an impact.

Or the Ox. He needs to calm down though, as when he's played he's went on runs then got excited with himself and made a poor pass.

This match is honestly too close to call imo. Rooney and Balotelli both capable of changing the game or getting sent off and both are as likely as each other.

Josh
21st June '12, 04:08 PM
They're a good team. If Sweden and Ukraine can look comfortable against England, Italy are a challenge above that.

But France didn't look comfortable against us, if Milner could score open nets we would've most likely won that game and man for man they've got similar strength squads.. Italy's is slightly better.

I personally think we'll lose but we've got a decent chance.

Edit: I should clarify what I mean by 'look comfortable' - they obviously had more possession but they rarely looked like breaking us down and even their goal wasn't 'breaking us down' it was cos our midfielders were two/three yards too deep.

quality
21st June '12, 04:10 PM
But France didn't look comfortable against us, if Milner could score open nets we would've most likely won that game and man for man they've got similar strength squads.. Italy's is slightly better.

I personally think we'll lose but we've got a decent chance.

Edit: I should clarify what I mean by 'look comfortable' - they obviously had more possession but they rarely looked like breaking us down and even their goal wasn't 'breaking us down' it was cos our midfielders were two/three yards too deep.

I'd say France looked comfortable. They just didn't ever go for it which, given their last group stage result, seems mental now.

Shower Posse
21st June '12, 04:11 PM
i think he already has

i dont think so, from what i've seen of italy thus far england are still inferior but i dont really watch the Italian league just basing it of this tournament, do you watch Italian football? because to make a statement like that you must have to watch the players quite frequently to say that tbh.

What do you think bro

I don't think its possible to grind the way any further than you would get playing expansive football. In 04 England got to the quarters playing some decent stuff.

Sven>>>>>>

Best England manager since the turn of the millennium

Been reasonably satisfied with the performcances still but we still dont have an attacking philosophy :angry:

We are not a possesion team
Our Counter attacking is shit
Our long ball play is also shit
We dont use wingplay

<<<<<<<

Italy's formation is going to mark Rooney out of the game

Cmon England
#Woy Army

:party:

The Messiah
21st June '12, 04:11 PM

quality
21st June '12, 04:21 PM
Been reasonably satisfied with the performcances still but we still dont have an attacking philosophy :angry:

We are not a possesion team
Our Counter attacking is shit
Our long ball play is also shit
We dont use wingplay

<<<<<<<

This is the thing that interests/annoys me. The sit in two rigid banks of four, don't press. They can't keep the ball, and don't get it forward quickly enough to counter effectively. I said in another thread, Man Utd provide a blueprint, just get the ball to the wings asap. It seems like they've been playing for set pieces, it's like Stoke without the long balls.

I know it's early days, but #justsaying #antiengland

NSF
21st June '12, 04:36 PM
Yawn

quality
21st June '12, 04:47 PM
Yawn

You watching the highlights of the Ukraine game bruv?

chris89
21st June '12, 05:01 PM
Not sure if people would have been happier if we played good football and went out

Hij
21st June '12, 05:16 PM
Not sure if people would have been happier if we played good football and went out

You talk like we didn't ride an immense amount of luck against every single team we've played :laugh:

At least Quality has a pair of fucking eyes.

FoundTheGif
21st June '12, 05:22 PM
Who did we play before Belgium?

Scrappy123
21st June '12, 05:23 PM
All Roy's fault. Should of set out Gerrard and Parker to play 60 1-2s up the field with each other. Who cares if we kept losing the ball and conceding. Would of played nice football init. Inshallah in the W.C he does this so we can better finishing above France and topping the group.

quality
21st June '12, 05:26 PM

Tbh, England will get to the same stage they always get to, playing even worse football. I would just like to watch entertaining football.

chris89
You talk like we didn't ride an immense amount of luck against every single team we've played :laugh:

At least Quality has a pair of fucking eyes.

It's ok if you don't want to praise Woy cos he trolled your club

All Roy's fault. Should of set out Gerrard and Parker to play 60 1-2s up the field with each other. Who cares if we kept losing the ball and conceding. Would of played nice football init. Inshallah in the W.C he does this so we can better finishing above France and topping the group.

I wanna come 2nd next time tbh we did too well

Hij

I didn't mention Roy much in my post, infact I didn't mention him at all, but I think as someone who was watched the games I'm allowed to put up my opinion on how we have played.

Found The Gif, we played Norway. Belgium and Norway were games where there was if I recall a rather fantastic goal and not much else in the way of forward play. It is my opinion and it won't be taken from me, that there isn't much of a plan B. I think Walcott's goal could have been saved, we've had a goal go over the line that hasn't counted against us, and been fortunate teams have been unable to finish. If we go onto win it, it won't matter.

It's my belief that over the course of an entire qualifying period for say the World Cup, we would get found out. You can quote me.

quality
21st June '12, 05:27 PM

1-2s aren't the issue. Direct football can be entertaining. There is a lot of pace in the side...

chris89
21st June '12, 05:28 PM
Let's be honest what did you expect of this team :laugh: I expected to go out playing shit football tbh

A team without a particular style can't really be 'found out'

quality
21st June '12, 05:29 PM
Let's be honest what did you expect of this team :laugh: I expected to go out playing shit football tbh

Me too. I'm just commenting on football, in part of the forum designed for commenting on football. Some people think everyone should just say England are playing well and look good, I don't see it. Good luck to them etc.

Hij
21st June '12, 05:29 PM
It's ok if you don't want to praise Woy cos he trolled your club

He's not devoid of praise. I think calling up Carroll was good and has paid off, Lampard's injury has been fortunate for him as I think Gerrard has assisted 60% of the goals we've scored and has done well at times keeping hold of the ball. I just think the football is static, we sit too deep, and if we concede early against a team of Spain's ilk we could be in trouble.

Millwall made the FA Cup final once.

quality
21st June '12, 05:31 PM

Of course they can. If you don't offer anything going forward... You won't win every game by the odd goal.

I'm as critical as Ireland's performance. They have shitter players, but could have played in another manner.

Hij
21st June '12, 05:31 PM

They can be beaten though.

I take nothing away from England, I'm glad we've reached the quarters, I hope we go all the way, I'd love to be proved wrong, I just think that we've done what good cup teams do, and snatched some awesome goals at times after hardly creating anything, but I put that down more to players like Gerrard, Welbeck, Young and Walcott bailing Hodgson out, than any tactical nous.

What happens when we struggle to get that awesome goal. We'll need to keep more of the ball, and create more chances.

chris89
21st June '12, 05:32 PM
The way we are playing now is the best possible chance of beating a team of 'Spain's ilk' tbh, the top teams close down too well for us to get more creative in my opinion, did you really want him to try out a new tactic and style in our group? The next qualification is when it should happen.

I saw someone mention the 'Man Utd blueprint' earlier, am I the only person who thinks their football is boring and repetitive? It's basically just Valencia/Nani running down the wing and crossing in for 90 minutes, hoping for a gangly Welbeck leg.

Hij
21st June '12, 05:35 PM
"Italy and England both averaged of 29% of the match action in their own half. Only Greece, Denmark and Ireland allowed the ball in their half of the pitch for longer."

The way we are playing now is the best possible chance of beating a team of 'Spain's ilk' tbh, the top teams close down too well for us to get more creative in my opinion, did you really want him to try out a new tactic and style in our group? The next qualification is when it should happen.

The Chelsea performance was good donny, but twice you faced penalties which would have made your situation a lot worse. Maybe your name was on the cup, but I ask, what happens if Spain do get two goals in the first half?

Naruto
21st June '12, 05:36 PM
---------hart---------
johnson--terry--lescott--cole
----------------------------
oxlade--gerrard--wilshere--young
-----------------------------
------welbeck---rooney----

england would be fire tbh.

Hij
21st June '12, 05:37 PM
I can't see him naming both Oxlade/Young on the wings from the start.

chris89
21st June '12, 05:38 PM
The Chelsea performance was good donny, but twice you faced penalties which would have made your situation a lot worse. Maybe your name was on the cup, but I ask, what happens if Spain do get two goals in the first half?

Then we go out, same applies for if we tried to play football with them, maybe even worse.

Personally I don't like seeing my team lose regardless of the type of football that was played.

Btw the 2 penalties we gave away were both stupid moments from Drogba and not so much individual ability from the players who won them (Fabregas dived anyway).

quality
21st June '12, 05:39 PM
I can't see him naming both Oxlade/Young on the wings from the start.

Wilshire is in the team, I assume its for after the Euros.

Best thing that could happen would either be miserable failure (which hasn't happened) or they win it, so maybe some of the older guys step aside.

Clive Eboue
21st June '12, 05:39 PM
This thread is full of dog shit.

Why would we play attractive football when we have very few technical players???? We would get absolutely ruined, we have to play to our strengths which are set pieces and dogged performances. No, we haven't been that impressive but we are grinding out results.

Evidently quality would like us to be a Barca Z-team and lose 6-0 to Ukraine though I hear you.

quality
21st June '12, 05:42 PM
Evidently quality would like us to be a Barca Z-team and lose 6-0 to Ukraine though I hear you.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

It's not about short passing. Direct football is entertaining. Counter attacking is entertaining. Playing like the team is on ket isn't.

chris89
21st June '12, 05:42 PM
Andy Carroll's goal vs Sweden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any of Spain's goals so far

quality
21st June '12, 05:43 PM
Andy Carroll's goal vs Sweden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any of Spain's goals so far

I'd agree. Apart from the one they scored against Croatia.

Clive Eboue
21st June '12, 05:48 PM
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

It's not about short passing. Direct football is entertaining. Counter attacking is entertaining. Playing like the team is on ket isn't.

Who cares?

Club >>>>>>>> Country

not like you have to watch England every week lol you treacherous swine.

Josh
21st June '12, 05:48 PM
Found The Gif, we played Norway. Belgium and Norway were games where there was if I recall a rather fantastic goal and not much else in the way of forward play. It is my opinion and it won't be taken from me, that there isn't much of a plan B. I think Walcott's goal could have been saved, we've had a goal go over the line that hasn't counted against us, and been fortunate teams have been unable to finish. If we go onto win it, it won't matter.

It's my belief that over the course of an entire qualifying period for say the World Cup, we would get found out. You can quote me.

Ukraine's goal was offside in the build up FFS why does nobody mention this?

'I think Walcott's goal should've been saved' yeah well I think Milner should've scored that open net and Gerrard & Parker should've been 2 or 3 yards further out for Nasri's goal and maybe Hart should've saved it but none of this happened. You're barely hiding your anti-England/anti-Woy bias here Hij.

We're riding our luck but to progress far into a tournament everyone needs luck.

quality
21st June '12, 05:49 PM
Who cares?

Club >>>>>>>> Country

not like you have to watch England every week lol you treacherous swine.

I agree. It's hardly treacherous, I'm not saying I hope they lose, I'm saying I hope watching the next game isn't dull as fuck.

Clive Eboue
21st June '12, 05:51 PM
I agree. It's hardly treacherous, I'm not saying I hope they lose, I'm saying I hope watching the next game isn't dull as fuck.

Everything you're saying is anti-England tbh, a lot of the criticisms are true but it's the way you put them across whilst saying you want to see more exciting football which would lead to an immediate exit which makes you a traitor.

chris89
21st June '12, 05:52 PM
I don't think we are riding our luck tbh, Roy could have waited to bring Walcott on and it could have been too late, but he made a reaction sub and it paid off, we deserved a point vs France and Ukraine were just shooting from outside the box all game tbh.

quality
21st June '12, 05:54 PM
Everything you're saying is anti-England tbh, a lot of the criticisms are true but it's the way you put them across whilst saying you want to see more exciting football which would lead to an immediate exit which makes you a traitor.

I'm just pissed they left Ledley at home tbh.

NSF
21st June '12, 05:55 PM
The thing is quality it's like you're trying to convince everyone to admit that England don't play attractive football. No-one is saying its exciting but they are getting behind the team and hoping they do well. You're just raising the same point a million times and being negative in general about it all. At the end of the day it's all about the winning not how we do it and if that means only having one shot on goal in each game then so be it aslong as that shot goes in. We can't use the United blueprint yet because it can't be drilled into the whole team within 10-15 training sessions. The whole team has to be built up from the back, the reason United are good at their style of play is because everyone's on the same wave length with them training together for so long. Picking up Liverpool and Chelsea players and telling them to change their style when you've got a major tournament coming up is ridiculous and would be suicide.

quality
21st June '12, 05:59 PM
The thing is quality No-one is saying its exciting but they are getting behind the team and hoping they do well.

Are you one of those guys who puts their hand on the front of the Sun to channel positive energy for the England team? They're in Ukraine they couldn't give a shit if you're getting behind them from Leeds, or if I'm posting on Grimeforum saying their football is boring. I'm not the type to go to a game and boo, so its cool. Granted you must be used to shit football...

Hutch
21st June '12, 06:01 PM
This thread is full of dog shit.

Why would we play attractive football when we have very few technical players???? We would get absolutely ruined, we have to play to our strengths which are set pieces and dogged performances. No, we haven't been that impressive but we are grinding out results.

NSF
21st June '12, 06:27 PM
Are you one of those guys who puts their hand on the front of the Sun to channel positive energy for the England team? They're in Ukraine they couldn't give a shit if you're getting behind them from Leeds, or if I'm posting on Grimeforum saying their football is boring. I'm not the type to go to a game and boo, so its cool. Granted you must be used to shit football...Not really but atleast I'm not a miserable cunt who moans about the way an international football team plays under a new manager who's been in charge for around 2 months. Show a bit of optimism while we're winning and progressing. If we fail to qualify for the next tournament then your points wouldn't be falling on deaf ears but as it is no-one expected anything in this tournament. The sly dig at Leeds is just pathetic aswell, but hey maybe I'm just jealous of you guys getting to play in the champions league, wait...

quality
21st June '12, 06:43 PM
Not really but atleast I'm not a miserable cunt who moans about the way an international football team plays under a new manager who's been in charge for around 2 months. Show a bit of optimism while we're winning and progressing.

Miserable? Why are you bringing emotions into it? I'm discussing football via an internet forum. It's not an emotional thing. I go out, I watch the games like a #toplad, then I offer an opinion afterwards. I'm not sending the players death threats or anything, I don't boo my own players (whether that's Spurs, England or Ireland games I've been to...) when I go to games, the England players don't require me to be optimistic, its retarded logic. You can block me or stop replying if you disagree...

NSF
21st June '12, 06:51 PM
Miserable? Why are you bringing emotions into it? I'm discussing football via an internet forum. It's not an emotional thing. I go out, I watch the games like a #toplad, then I offer an opinion afterwards. I'm not sending the players death threats or anything, I don't boo my own players (whether that's Spurs, England or Ireland games I've been to...) when I go to games, the England players don't require me to be optimistic, its retarded logic. You can block me or stop replying if you disagree...
Because thats how youre coming across obviously. What are you achieving by constantly being negative about the way the team are playing? Like i said before maybe if you were doing it after the next set of qualifiers and the team were under performing people would be more likely to debate with you about the situation.

quality
21st June '12, 06:54 PM
Because thats how youre coming across obviously. What are you achieving by constantly being negative about the way the team are playing? Like i said before maybe if you were doing it after the next set of qualifiers and the team were under performing people would be more likely to debate with you about the situation.

I'm achieving as much as you are by being positive. Fuck all. I thought that much was obvious.

iKlozzle
21st June '12, 07:13 PM

MindIsFullOfFuck.jpeg

Mr. Jefferies
21st June '12, 07:18 PM
MindIsFullOfFuck.jpeg

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?103821-Real-Madrid-V-Barcelona&p=2601476#post2601476

Shower Posse
21st June '12, 07:23 PM
I saw someone mention the 'Man Utd blueprint' earlier, am I the only person who thinks their football is boring and repetitive? It's basically just Valencia/Nani running down the wing and crossing in for 90 minutes, hoping for a gangly Welbeck leg.

:laugh:

Coming from a Chelsea Fan

Leaveityeah

#OAP F.C

Hutch
21st June '12, 07:25 PM

Leaveityeah

#OAP F.C

He's clearly talking from a neutrals perspective.

No one can be bored while watching their own team.

http://p.twimg.com/At5ItS4CMAAsw_m.jpg:large

j09
21st June '12, 08:35 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4ULi5VcFbto/T-MoW097ThI/AAAAAAAABu4/YlaajUac4Ts/w600-h342-k/lKg53Fz5.jpeg

nesta17
21st June '12, 09:42 PM
no i dont watch the italian league, but i truly believe we have the better team at euro 2012.

stop being so negative

The Messiah
21st June '12, 09:51 PM
no i dont watch the italian league, but i truly believe we have the better team at euro 2012.

stop being so negative

Arsene Wenger: "Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home."

nesta17
22nd June '12, 01:39 AM
Touche!

Scrappy123
22nd June '12, 02:18 AM
Arsene Wenger: "Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home."

lool

Context of quote?

The Messiah
22nd June '12, 02:36 AM
lool

Context of quote?

2002. Arsenal about to win the league. Sir Alex says that Manchester United had been the best side in the Premier League since Christmas that season, and journalist asks Wenger to respond.

chris89
22nd June '12, 02:39 AM

Leaveityeah

#OAP F.C
Wing cross<<<<<<<<<<<

Use the center bros

Clive Eboue
22nd June '12, 02:44 AM
Wing cross<<<<<<<<<<<

Use the center bros

Totally dude.

chris89
22nd June '12, 02:48 AM
Totally dude.

Middle? Or is it centre?

Clive Eboue
22nd June '12, 03:09 AM
Middle? Or is it centre?

Centre :dozey:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zs4aar.png

Josh
22nd June '12, 03:10 AM
centre is the english way of spelling it

Hij
22nd June '12, 03:11 AM
Are you one of those guys who puts their hand on the front of the Sun to channel positive energy for the England team? They're in Ukraine they couldn't give a shit if you're getting behind them from Leeds, or if I'm posting on Grimeforum saying their football is boring. I'm not the type to go to a game and boo, so its cool. Granted you must be used to shit football...

Thanks for spending time doing what I would have done if I wasn't in the pub talking about it rather than typing about it.

Have fun in this England circle jerk, see you all on Monday.

Josh
22nd June '12, 03:12 AM
Wuh oh, drunk Hij is on the prowl

Hij
22nd June '12, 03:18 AM
If we fail to qualify for the next tournament
When.

Wuh oh, drunk Hij is on the prowl

Excellent riposte young sir.

Josh
22nd June '12, 03:22 AM
Excellent riposte young sir.

Almost as good as your reply to my post

Ukraine's goal was offside in the build up FFS why does nobody mention this?

'I think Walcott's goal should've been saved' yeah well I think Milner should've scored that open net and Gerrard & Parker should've been 2 or 3 yards further out for Nasri's goal and maybe Hart should've saved it but none of this happened. You're barely hiding your anti-England/anti-Woy bias here Hij.

We're riding our luck but to progress far into a tournament everyone needs luck.

The fact you didn't even care to mention that Ukraine were offside in the build up when you know full well they were shows that you were clutching at straws trying to find more reasons to have a go at England.

Your stance makes me feel a bit queasy in all honesty.

Hij
22nd June '12, 03:28 AM
Almost as good as your reply to my post

I hadn't even mentioned you, but you decided to have a pop at me. I read a few posts, agreed with Quality and made my way out, then saw a few new posts at the end and had a look.

And queasy?

Nauseated; feeling sick: "in the morning he was still pale and queasy"

Seriously mate, get a grip.

The fact you didn't care to mention how we were one of the worst performing sides in all aspects of our play during the group stages makes me think you have a pro England bias, building up to a crescendo of disappointment like the rest of the print media- every couple of years.

And your stance makes me feel like your a bit of a dickhead in all honesty.

Clive Eboue
22nd June '12, 03:31 AM
Unbeaten at the top of the group but still absolute dog shit >>>>>>>>>

England trolling the Euro's tbh.

Josh
22nd June '12, 03:32 AM
You don't have to mention me, it's a forum, I can jump into a debate if I like lol

Thanks for confirming the definition of queasy for me though bro I totally didn't know what it meant. Although maybe you look in the mirror and confront your personal demons.. y'know, try to find out why you seem to hate the national team of the country you were born in so much. And if you make a point, be prepared to debate it next time or this room is pretty much pointless.

Josh
22nd June '12, 03:45 AM
The fact you didn't care to mention how we were one of the worst performing sides in all aspects of our play during the group stages makes me think you have a pro England bias, building up to a crescendo of disappointment like the rest of the print media- every couple of years.

And your stance makes me feel like your a bit of a dickhead in all honesty.

That wasn't relevant, you were speaking about individual things (Ukraine's goal being over the line whilst neglecting the fact their forward was blatantly offside, saying the Swedish keeper should've saved Walcott's goal) - I responded with similar points - I think Milner should've scored an open net, most likely giving us a victory over France and that our centre mids should've been two/three yards further out therefore stopped Nasri from shooting - I could go on about Mellberg who should've been marked for both of Sweden's goal and you could say that Lescott should've been marked better for our goal against France - my point is how biased you are and how none of these things matter because they happened. Yet you actively sought out the things that England supposedly got lucky with.

Just sad tbh.

For what it's worth I'm not one of these tub-thumping 'England till I die, cut me and I bleed red & white' type of guys, I just don't find it a massive chore 'supporting' my country and I don't actively try to seek reasons why they're shit when they're actually doing OK in a tournament for once.

NSF
22nd June '12, 07:34 AM
When.see that just proves my point, i usually agree with some of the stuff you say but that just reeks of bitterness towards Hodgson.

Pirate
22nd June '12, 10:20 AM
people seem to think france and italy are as bad as they were 2 or 3 years ago, both teams are better than england. now france obviously had a shocker against sweden (because blancs a fag and won't play hatem), but both sides have more than one world class player. (cough rooney)

M.O.G.
22nd June '12, 10:21 AM
people seem to think france and italy are as bad as they were 2 or 3 years ago, both teams are better than england. now france obviously had a shocker against sweden (because blancs a fag and won't play hatem), but both sides have more than one world class player. (cough rooney)

Italy are good, nothing more nothing less....

Have you forgotten Joe Hart and Ashley Cole are English though bro?

Pirate
22nd June '12, 10:26 AM
Cole is a slightly better version of Johnson (no racist) - very good going forward but suspect defensively
Hart can fuck off, goalkeepers don't count as world class players

M.O.G.

Rambo
22nd June '12, 10:33 AM
Cole is a slightly better version of Johnson (no racist) - very good going forward but suspect defensively

M.O.G.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

shut up

Pirate
22nd June '12, 10:34 AM
ITT someone posts clips of Cole doing well defensively, I've never seen it

StrallyMan
22nd June '12, 10:35 AM
why dont goalkeepers count lol? course they count u bell end here one of the most important players...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/521542_298889556874836_1775092026_n.jpg

chris89
22nd June '12, 10:35 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

shut up

not sure if i just saw someone say Cole is SLIGHTLY better than Johnson

quality
22nd June '12, 10:36 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article7870006.ece/ALTERNATES/w300/pg-70-balotelli-reuters.jpg

Pirate
22nd June '12, 10:37 AM
because goalkeepers usually have less impact on a game than the outfield players
although admittedly hart is englands second best player

M.O.G.
22nd June '12, 10:42 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOL Ashley Cole is the best LB in world football

GrimmeySimmey
22nd June '12, 10:49 AM

Not sure if srs.

Jack 1017
22nd June '12, 11:35 AM
In every fred I have read this morning Pirate has been chatting a bag of shit, will neg

FTR Ben Arfa started for France against Sweeden you fucking retard

Parrr
22nd June '12, 12:16 PM
lululu yeah:laugh:

I remember when I said Ji-Sung Park will score in a certain game(can't remember what game) and he did.
I remember when everyone went for a team in the FA cup, and I was the only one who went for the team in the lower league, and I got it right.
I remember when the same situation happened again, me and Stepper only bet on the lower team and got it right.

Just to name a few.
England will win.

fucking hell son if i give you the fixtures list for united this year can you predict each game then do the same for city and arsenal and tell me whos gonna win the league? saves me watching all the games seens you are always spot on

DTR
22nd June '12, 12:32 PM
fucking hell son if i give you the fixtures list for united this year can you predict each game then do the same for city and arsenal and tell me whos gonna win the league? saves me watching all the games seens you are always spot on
*looks into crystal ball*

iKlozzle
22nd June '12, 12:46 PM

M.O.G.

Not sure how this can be seen as racist tbh

But anyway, c'mon son, Cole is one of the best full backs in world. Johnsen has proved me wrong a little in this tournament, I used to think he was pure trash, but he's done well.

Also GK don't count as world class players? Nah, bro, you must be trolling, you MUST be, I can't understand this.

LeBcfc
22nd June '12, 01:10 PM
England to win1-0 Rooney tap in

Pirate
22nd June '12, 02:47 PM
The goalkeeper thing was a joke.
But I still don't rate Cole. And obviously he's a lot better than Johnson but he is of the same cloth - attacks but not a great defender.

Silence
22nd June '12, 02:54 PM
What makes you say that? ^^^

LG
22nd June '12, 03:34 PM
But I still don't rate Cole. And obviously he's a lot better than Johnson but he is of the same cloth - attacks but not a great defender.

lol at it being a joke after you got called out on it

chris89
22nd June '12, 03:37 PM
First guy I've ever seen who doesn't rate Ashley Cole, ever

GrimmeySimmey
22nd June '12, 03:40 PM
In every fred I have read this morning Pirate has been chatting a bag of shit, will neg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lomeocc9sK1qzozj1.gif

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2ch6cl1.jpg

quality
First guy I've ever seen who doesn't rate Ashley Cole, ever

I think he's better defensively than attacking these days tbh, I don't see him as having huge end product. That said, I don't think he was great in England's first two games in particular.

Overall, fantastic player though. Probably the only England player of modern times who can say he's never had a bad tournament.

Clive Eboue

M.O.G.

Literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted in the Sports Room.

iKlozzle
22nd June '12, 03:42 PM
Pirate

Mate, I'm not one for going at people for expressing controversial opinions but what you're suggesting is a bit surreal in all truth.

Ashley Cole used to boss Ronaldo in every match he played against him. He was our best player at the 2010 world cup by a mile (which doesn't say much but yeah). I don't even like the guy and I certainly don't like Chelsea, but to suggest he can't defend. SMH.

I'm United fan and I'd take him over Evra, anyday.

(And Evra is a don tbh)

quality
22nd June '12, 03:43 PM
Ashley Cole used to boss Ronaldo in every match he played against him.

Not sure if this is true. I though Portugal-England in 2004 was genuinely one of the greatest 50:50 duels I've seen between two players.

chris89
22nd June '12, 03:44 PM
I don't know why people are even trying to justify Ashley Cole's defensive abilities ITT tbh, just neg Pirate and move on

iKlozzle
22nd June '12, 03:52 PM
I don't know why people are even trying to justify Ashley Cole's defensive abilities ITT tbh, just neg Pirate and move on

Because someone is wrong on the internet bro, we cannot allow this.

chris89
22nd June '12, 03:53 PM
Because someone is wrong on the internet bro, we cannot allow this.

Sometimes things are so obviously wrong they do not need correcting bro

Cazorla
22nd June '12, 04:37 PM

M.O.G.

:smh: x9000+

He's not suspect defensively. He's also probably made more goal line clearances than anyone in football, ever.

Hutch
22nd June '12, 05:09 PM

http://i41.tinypic.com/33eoajo.png

FoundTheGif
22nd June '12, 05:13 PM
Cole is the best LB in the league imo

Pirate
22nd June '12, 05:27 PM
not sure whether to regard this as a successful troll or not, as it now seems people think im a moron instead of being mad :sad:
holtyt stepper though lullis

iKlozzle
22nd June '12, 06:47 PM
not sure whether to regard this as a successful troll or not, as it now seems people think im a moron instead of being mad :sad:

Nah man, don't pull the "oh, everyone disagrees with me? I'll just say I'm trollin" card...

Josh
22nd June '12, 10:01 PM

He's the best defending LB in the world, just how good do you want him to be?

edit; only justseen last page

Scrappy123
22nd June '12, 10:05 PM
I hate Cole, but you can't deny he is quality.

Sosa
22nd June '12, 10:05 PM
because goalkeepers usually have less impact on a game than the outfield players
although admittedly hart is englands second best player

lol are u retarded? cech basically won the champs league for chelsea with his saves in that final

just one recent example

Shower Posse
22nd June '12, 10:18 PM
Literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted in the Sports Room.

Where you been

A bag of shit is posted in here

:laugh::laugh:

Them 1z
#leaveityeah

Nah man, don't pull the "oh, everyone disagrees with me? I'll just say I'm trollin" card...

Naruto
24th June '12, 11:30 AM
can confirm england will win

chris89
24th June '12, 11:55 AM
can confirm england will win

pls confirm if bets have been placed or if we can relax?

Naruto
24th June '12, 12:01 PM
pls confirm if bets have been placed or if we can relax?

lol can confirm none have been placed yet but im contemplating flipping my £7 on england to win 2-0 @ 11/1

Jack 1017
24th June '12, 12:05 PM
lol can confirm none have been placed yet but im contemplating flipping my £7 on england to win 2-0 @ 11/1

lol @ Italy not scoring/winning #LIY (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=LIY)

Naruto
24th June '12, 12:07 PM
will bump post Stepper

Jack 1017
24th June '12, 12:15 PM
Will wait to see if Balotelli is starting before I go all in on him for the luls

Today is the day when this shit England team is found out, only Theo/Ox will be able to save them

M.O.G.
24th June '12, 12:20 PM
Will wait to see if Balotelli is starting before I go all in on him for the luls

Today is the day when this shit England team is found out, only Theo/Ox will be able to save them

I pray 1 of them start ahead of Milner

chris89
24th June '12, 12:21 PM

Posts will be bumped

Nigel
24th June '12, 12:42 PM
Im a big fan of Milner, but the boy ain't delivered. Should be dropped tbh.

Rambo
24th June '12, 12:44 PM
no milner is right to start, theo doesn't do half the defensive work he does

Naruto
24th June '12, 12:46 PM
no milner is right to start, theo doesn't do half the defensive work he does

italy are already quite a defensive team. would make no sense to me whatsoever to start milner, he hasn't done fuck all this tournament, both offensively and defensively, and oxlade brings the pace and technicality and freshness that milner doesn't. im sure ox can track back for 60-70 mins before walcott comes on as an impact sub and terrorises an already fatigued and worn out italian defence.

Rambo
24th June '12, 12:49 PM
italy are already quite a defensive team. would make no sense to me whatsoever to start milner, he hasn't done fuck all this tournament, both offensively and defensively, and oxlade brings the pace and technicality and freshness that milner doesn't. im sure ox can track back for 60-70 mins before walcott comes on as an impact sub and terrorises an already fatigued and worn out italian defence.

England are not good enough to go out and attack italy, they need to contain and hope for a set piece

Naruto
24th June '12, 12:52 PM
England are not good enough to go out and attack italy, they need to contain and hope for a set piece

lol 'llow it england have man for man a better squad than italy

welbeck
rooney
walcott
gerrard
parker
lescott
hart
terry
cole
oxlade

>>>>>>

if england had wilshere >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

england jus need to retain possession a bit better so they can actually move forward with the ball.

no doubt gerrard will boss shit today tbh

Grizzly
24th June '12, 12:53 PM
Ingurlund

FoundTheGif
24th June '12, 12:59 PM
Don't think this game will live up to expectations at all

Julio Cesar
24th June '12, 01:07 PM
lol 'llow it england have man for man a better squad than italy

welbeck
rooney
walcott
gerrard
parker
lescott
hart
terry
cole
oxlade

>>>>>>

if england had wilshere >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

england jus need to retain possession a bit better so they can actually move forward with the ball.

no doubt gerrard will boss shit today tbh
Acting like Italy have a shit squad when they have the likes of Buffon, Abate, Chiellini, Maggio, De Rossi, Pirlo, Balotelli, Di Natale, etc.

Man for man Italy have a better squad IMO, although England can definitley win this match.

Guerillatoker
24th June '12, 01:39 PM
Hij The Wet Dog Hutch BIGDON

How do I get more vCash?? Mans been sitting on 0 for weeks now.

DTR

GrimmeySimmey
24th June '12, 01:40 PM
Hij The Wet Dog Hutch BIGDON

How do I get more vCash?? Mans been sitting on 0 for weeks now.

DTR

Had to donate for the euros because money is involved.

Matt91
24th June '12, 01:41 PM
Cassano to score first @ 9/1

Have a feeling he will finally score today

Guerillatoker
24th June '12, 01:50 PM
Had to donate for the euros because money is involved.

Oh yeah shit i forgot about that

GrimmeySimmey
24th June '12, 01:56 PM
Oh yeah shit i forgot about that

Getting rest at the end of the euros.
And evreyone will get a set amount

top 5 each month get rep, Hij

Naruto
24th June '12, 01:57 PM
Acting like Italy have a shit squad when they have the likes of Buffon, Abate, Chiellini, Maggio, De Rossi, Pirlo, Balotelli, Di Natale, etc.

Man for man Italy have a better squad IMO, although England can definitley win this match.

hart >>> buffon

chiellni is injured

rooney >> balotelli

come at me bro

Rambo
24th June '12, 02:02 PM
hart >>> buffon

chiellni is injured

rooney >> balotelli

come at me bro

C/S both of those however

Abate>>>>johnson

De Rossi >>>> Lescott

Pirlo>>><<<gerrard

Di Natalie>>> Welbeck

Marchiso>>>Parker

FoundTheGif
24th June '12, 02:03 PM
Does Abate even play? I swear Maggio plays at RWB/RB?

Rambo
24th June '12, 02:04 PM
Does Abate even play? I swear Maggio plays at RWB/RB?

even so, maggio is better than johnson

Naruto
24th June '12, 02:08 PM
englands team consists of european champs and top 5 PL starters (minus johnson lolol)

with a bit of possession and creativity n playing as a team they could beat italy tbh, don't see why people are so pessimistic.

england have looked very good defensively and very well organised thus far IMO

ukraine sweden n france aren't walkovers by any means n they finished top of the group. they are now a very hard team to beat.

im supporting england for the first time in my life (germany aswell), and ive got belief in the squad.

if they start milner tho...lol

n lol at carrol tbh should jus come on as a sub in the last 20 mins to head balls down to walcott/ox/young from harts goal kicks to park the bus chelsea style

Moves
24th June '12, 02:44 PM
Pirate

Mate, I'm not one for going at people for expressing controversial opinions but what you're suggesting is a bit surreal in all truth.

Ashley Cole used to boss Ronaldo in every match he played against him. He was our best player at the 2010 world cup by a mile (which doesn't say much but yeah). I don't even like the guy and I certainly don't like Chelsea, but to suggest he can't defend. SMH.

I'm United fan and I'd take him over Evra, anyday.

(And Evra is a don tbh)

http://c-ronaldo7.skyblog.com/pics/21904701.gif

Ashley Cole though >>>

Ro-Man Roader
24th June '12, 02:49 PM
http://c-ronaldo7.skyblog.com/pics/21904701.gif

Ashley Cole though >>>

Repped.

FoundTheGif
24th June '12, 02:51 PM
englands team consists of european champs and top 5 PL starters (minus johnson lolol)

with a bit of possession and creativity n playing as a team they could beat italy tbh, don't see why people are so pessimistic.

england have looked very good defensively and very well organised thus far IMO

ukraine sweden n france aren't walkovers by any means n they finished top of the group. they are now a very hard team to beat.

im supporting england for the first time in my life (germany aswell), and ive got belief in the squad.

if they start milner tho...lol

n lol at carrol tbh should jus come on as a sub in the last 20 mins to head balls down to walcott/ox/young from harts goal kicks to park the bus chelsea style

Against France yes. Against Sweden and Ukraine no.

Naruto
24th June '12, 02:56 PM
Against France yes. Against Sweden and Ukraine no.

france finished second in the group. n england still managed to grind out wins against both sweden n ukraine so what does it matter if they weren't as defensively impressive as they were vs france and were a bit more attacking n open vs sweden n grinded it out vs ukraine. they still won.

when united play poor but grind out the win/3 points, it's the sign of champions n what champions do, but when england play poor but grind out a win/3 points, it's doom n gloom when they come across a better team..lol GTFO

COME ON ENGLAND!!

england to beat italy by 2 clear goals

Mustafa Ornek
24th June '12, 02:57 PM
Italy haven't played as defensively as people think.

They've been attacking, thats why they did well against spain.

England need to attack aswell, throw walcott on for dat der counter attack.

Karim Benzema
24th June '12, 03:10 PM
Don't think this game will live up to expectations at all

can see it being very defensive lol

i think one goal will settle this

when that goal is scored.... the other team will come alive for the next 20,30 minutes or so and attack non stop while the other just keep doing what they were doing for the past 90

will not be watching with friends as i am still in a fragile state over yesterday but mashallah i will heal

hopefully england win

£20 has been placed

for all the fellow REAL betting mandem Lex Sean Stepper

Bet365 have "£50 Free In-Play Bet on England v Italy "

bet however much (£50 max) and get that money back in in-play>>>>

I've put £20 on england and will use the other free £20 on in play

Deagle
24th June '12, 03:14 PM
Parker will need to contain Pirlo somehow but I don't really see this happening.

FoundTheGif
24th June '12, 03:16 PM
france finished second in the group. n england still managed to grind out wins against both sweden n ukraine so what does it matter if they weren't as defensively impressive as they were vs france and were a bit more attacking n open vs sweden n grinded it out vs ukraine. they still won.

when united play poor but grind out the win/3 points, it's the sign of champions n what champions do, but when england play poor but grind out a win/3 points, it's doom n gloom when they come across a better team..lol GTFO

COME ON ENGLAND!!

england to beat italy by 2 clear goals

I disagree about them being open. They were sloppy against both Sweden and Ukraine. Against Sweden it was a matter of "Don't make it harder on yourselves." Against Ukraine it was purely grinding for a result.

I understand your point on United and England. But they both have different things expected from them. You expect United, to be at the top, winning games, trophies etc etc And they've proved that time and time again. So when something goes wrong or they play poor and grind out a result it's seen as a blip.

People expect England to win games and competitions but they don't, so when England pay poor and grind out a result it's seen as "same old England". People already expect them to fail and them grinding out a result isn't helping in the slightest.

Joe
24th June '12, 03:22 PM
njYcS99gfpE

Naruto
24th June '12, 03:52 PM
I disagree about them being open. They were sloppy against both Sweden and Ukraine. Against Sweden it was a matter of "Don't make it harder on yourselves." Against Ukraine it was purely grinding for a result.

I understand your point on United and England. But they both have different things expected from them. You expect United, to be at the top, winning games, trophies etc etc And they've proved that time and time again. So when something goes wrong or they play poor and grind out a result it's seen as a blip.

People expect England to win games and competitions but they don't, so when England pay poor and grind out a result it's seen as "same old England". People already expect them to fail and them grinding out a result isn't helping in the slightest.

so what happens if they grind out a result vs italy, grind out a win vs germany by some miracle set piece carrol 70th minute n 11 men behind ball for 20 chelsea park the bus style, n end up in the final.

wouldn't them grinding out a result help them in the slightest then?

ppl expected england to struggle qualifying, and deffo france to top the group. instead they topped the group without their best player for 2/3 of it, n now they're on the verge of entering the semi's with a very realistic chance.

i think england could and will win tbh. the real test will come vs the germans but even by that stage, i think considering the circumstances, it'll have been a successful campaign tbh n deffo a squad to look forward to the WC with jones, smalling, hart, theo, oxlade, welbeck, etc all blossoming lol n/h

Nigel
24th June '12, 03:53 PM
Pirlo plays to deep to threaten Parker, will be more Gerrard/Rooneys man imo.

Di Rossi ain't a natural CB, can see Rooney causing some issues to him.

Italy really ain't got the pace we got either, especially Young Johnson and Walcott if starting, those three can hit the counter attack.

Gerrard did a job vs Sweden too, hopefully he carrier the form over

Mustafa Ornek
24th June '12, 04:01 PM
£50 on Rooney to score + England win

7/2

Manz will be mad when I'm ballin and buyin the locals rounds in da pub later tonight joey barton>>>>

Scrappy123
24th June '12, 04:14 PM
IN ROY WE TRUST!

COME ON LADS!

Dkdjdm

BIGDON
24th June '12, 04:14 PM
being reported to be the same team that played Ukraine

Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Young, Rooney, Welbeck.

iKlozzle
24th June '12, 04:19 PM
being reported to be the same team that played Ukraine

Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Young, Rooney, Welbeck.

At least Roy is consistent I guess

Only question I had was Milner but he's not THAT bad.

Naruto
24th June '12, 04:28 PM
MILNER FFS

hope that isnt the squad

FoundTheGif
24th June '12, 04:52 PM
so what happens if they grind out a result vs italy, grind out a win vs germany by some miracle set piece carrol 70th minute n 11 men behind ball for 20 chelsea park the bus style, n end up in the final.

ppl expected england to struggle qualifying, and deffo france to top the group. instead they topped the group without their best player for 2/3 of it, n now they're on the verge of entering the semi's with a very realistic chance.

i think england could and will win tbh. the real test will come vs the germans but even by that stage, i think considering the circumstances, it'll have been a successful campaign tbh n deffo a squad to look forward to the WC with jones, smalling, hart, theo, oxlade, welbeck, etc all blossoming lol n/h

By "helping them in the slightest", I meant helping ease the publics doubt. The thing about this country is when the see the slightest glimmer of hope. If all that happened all it would do is give the tabloids something to rave over, even if England play shit for both games.

I disagree. I think people expected England to qualify, just not at the top of the group. They've done tbf to them, though with a lot of fortune.

Mr. Jefferies
24th June '12, 05:23 PM

This is a very good post.

I think it's been successful anyway though whether we lose or not. We've got to the final 8, which means that we are just about achieving as we're top 10 in the Fifa world rankings.

BIGDON
24th June '12, 06:09 PM
confirmed England team
Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Young, Rooney, Welbeck

FoundTheGif
24th June '12, 06:10 PM
Milner?

lul

The Enigma
24th June '12, 06:13 PM
If England beat Italy they will be against Germany in the Semi-Finals.

The USA have announced plans to turn up half way through and take all the credit.

Mustafa Ornek
24th June '12, 06:13 PM
lul

BIGDON
24th June '12, 06:43 PM
Italy: Buffon, Abate, Bonucci, Barzagli, Balzaretti, Montolivo, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Rossi, Cassano, Balotelli

Deagle
24th June '12, 06:53 PM
Same lineup for England...

I liked Italy with their three man defence.

iKlozzle
24th June '12, 07:01 PM
Sick promo

Will post later depending on outcome

The Messiah
24th June '12, 07:03 PM
Same lineup for England...

I liked Italy with their three man defence.

Makes sense to go 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 against England.

England's threat lies from their wide men and crosses, and also no point having a 5 man walled midfield to soak up pressure when England will be sitting back.

On a train at 20:15. Arrive at 21:45.

I'm going to miss the whole match tonight. Pissed.

FoundTheGif
24th June '12, 07:09 PM
2-1 Italy

Deagle
24th June '12, 07:12 PM
Makes sense to go 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 against England.

England's threat lies from their wide men and crosses, and also no point having a 5 man walled midfield to soak up pressure when England will be sitting back.

On a train at 20:15. Arrive at 21:45.

I'm going to miss the whole match tonight. Pissed.

This is more like a 4-3-1-2 that Milan use, it's gonna be boring like this.

RealOnRoad
24th June '12, 07:14 PM
Fucking Milner, if he scores all will be forgiven.
But at least Woy is sticking to his guns

GrimmeySimmey
24th June '12, 07:32 PM
Lethal bizzle with the england song....
Edit: Gary 'Leave it yeah' :laugh:

Cazorla
24th June '12, 07:34 PM
lol at Shearer saying Ballotelli hasn't achieved anything in his career so far. He's won the same amount of league titles as you Shearer you stupid cunt and he's only 21.

GrimePays
24th June '12, 07:35 PM
lol at Shearer saying Ballotelli hasn't achieved anything in his career so far. He's won the same amount of league titles as you Shearer you stupid cunt and he's only 21.

lol sheez

Jonás Gutiérrez
24th June '12, 07:37 PM
just hoping woy doesnt start welbeck, was fucking useless in the last game, carroll + rooney up front to start tbh

GrimmeySimmey
24th June '12, 07:39 PM
Buffon going for it.

Jack 1017
24th June '12, 07:41 PM
Why is betting closed ffs

MoneyMan
24th June '12, 07:42 PM
Our anthem has to be the most boring, depressing song on the planet. Anthems are meant to be fucking inspiring ffs.

didierpogba
Carm on england

Shower Posse
CMON ENGLAND

When we win this game reps will be handed out ITT

Danielson
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22460841.jpg

Mr. Jefferies
24th June '12, 07:43 PM
Our anthem has to be the most boring, depressing song on the planet. Anthems are meant to be fucking inspiring ffs.

They should fuck it off. It's stupid, not everyone likes the monarchy.

Bullshit anthem.

Julio Cesar
24th June '12, 07:48 PM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit that was close

Tight and Bright
that strike made me feel uncomfortable guiz

FoundTheGif
lol I can see us winning this but only by stealing a goal

Danielson
24th June '12, 07:49 PM