PDA

View Full Version : Poland V Latvia International Friendly

BIGDON
21st May '12, 03:22 PM
Tuesday 22nd May 19.45 K.O

will accept nothing more than a win we should win by 2 goals

BIGDON
21st May '12, 03:49 PM
most of the youth team won 8-0 today in the reserve game likely they will play tomorrow V Latvia as well

can see the goals here

http://sport.onet.pl/5136412,eurokontakt-detal.html#play

dont think many of the first team will feature

NeverDatGuy
21st May '12, 04:42 PM
were they playing against an under 13s team or something? The other team is shockingly bad in that vid

BIGDON
21st May '12, 04:45 PM
were they playing against an under 13s team or something? The other team is shockingly bad in that vid

was against a 4th division Austrian team

NeverDatGuy
21st May '12, 04:53 PM
What's the Polish youth team like on a European scale? How well do the U23/21/18s do in tournaments normally?

MyLord
21st May '12, 05:13 PM
lol I have no idea who i just bet on:dead:

BIGDON
21st May '12, 06:45 PM
What's the Polish youth team like on a European scale? How well do the U23/21/18s do in tournaments normally?

it is improving well for us the U17 squad got to the semi finals of the under 17s Championship in Slovenia this year after a decade long wait to even qualify with defender Gracjan Horoszkiewicz making the UEFA.com 10 to watch list

qualfication for the U21 Championships in Israel 2013 is still in our hands 3rd in the group with 3 games to go

and more importantly alot of the youth are getting a chance in the Euros which is what we needed in the squad

hope Wolski, Kucharczyk and Grosicki get game time tomorrow

co9uy0k4wG4

aAfVynfo17o

2CExXl5XySQ

NeverDatGuy
21st May '12, 06:52 PM
it is improving well for us the U17 squad got to the semi finals of the under 17s Championship in Slovenia this year after a decade long wait to even qualify with defender Gracjan Horoszkiewicz making the UEFA.com 10 to watch list

qualfication for the U21 Championships in Israel 2013 is still in our hands 3rd in the group with 3 games to go

and more importantly alot of the youth are getting a chance in the Euros which is what we needed in the squad

hope Wolski, Kucharczyk and Grosicki get game time tomorrow

co9uy0k4wG4

aAfVynfo17o

2CExXl5XySQ

Wolski is alot, hope the Poles do well this summer

BIGDON
21st May '12, 11:38 PM
the following players only joined up today

Robert Lewandowski, Jakub Błaszczykowski, Łukasz Piszczek, Wojciech Szczęsny, Dariusz Dudka, Maciej Rybus, Ludovic Obraniak, Damien Perqius, Kamil Glik

Jack 1017
22nd May '12, 01:09 AM
samjackson247 givehijrep pls leave some green in my CP before I go all in on the Poles and lose all my rep ffs

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 12:51 PM
Smuda confirmed Lewandowski, Piszczek, Rybus, Glik, Szczesny, Dudka, Perquis and Obraniak all wont play

looking forward to this game for the youth prospect especially Wolski

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 03:05 PM
The expected starting XI is:

Przemysław Tytoń - Grzegorz Wojtkowiak, Marcin Wasilewski, Tomasz Jodłowiec, Jakub Wawrzyniak - Eugen Polański, Rafał Murawski - Kamil Grosicki, Rafał Wolski, Adrian Mierzejewski - Paweł Brożek

http://this11.com/boards/abCGZB8aht.jpg%3Cbr%20/%3E

Of the above, I expect Wasilewski, Wawrzyniak and Polański to be close to 100% starters for the Greece match, Murawski a 80% starter (depending if Smuda prefers Dariusz Dudka), with Grosicki a possibility at LM as well.

So we should take a cautious and realistic approach to this game. In fact, the most important thing will be to see how the fringe starting XI players perform, i.e. guys who may play a role coming off the bench at Euro 2012. I will particularly be paying close attention to Kamil Grosicki, who has been in good form in the camp so far according to reports, and Adrian Mierzejewski. While Grosik had an excellent season in Turkey (garnering interest from Galatasaray), the ex-Polonia mid Mierzejewski had an up-and-down first year at Trabzonspor. A year ago, he was one of my favourite players in the Ekstraklasa and the NT, a creative midfielder with a cannon of a shot who could slot into the central attacking mid spot that we have always been looking for. That position now belongs to Ludovic Obraniak but Mierzejewski can still play a big role for us at EURO.

Rafał Wolski is another one to look out for. The 19-year old Legia product is undoubtedly a big talent, but he is only now getting incorporated to the NT set-up. It may be a lot to ask of him to step in to the kadra and perform right away. On the other hand, though, Wolski is a natural talent (a skinny, underdeveloped one at that, but still...) but having watched him closely at Legia, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped into consideration to be one of the first subs off the bench.

We start off with our familiar 4-2-3-1 formation, and Polański and Murawski should take charge of the midfield, allowing Wolski, Mierzejewski, and Grosicki to get forward in support of striker Paweł Brożek. Hannover 96 striker Artur Sobiech is expected to play the second half up front... part of me hopes he shows something spectacular and jumps above Brożek in the striker rankings. I don't mind Brożek as a #2 striker option behind Lewandowski, but only if he is playing (and scoring) regularly. Unfortunately, his move to Trabzonspor and subsequent loan to Celtic did not work out at all... he has scored 3 goals since moving to Turkey in Jan 2011. Yup, 3 goals in the last 1.5 years.

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 03:51 PM
edit this will be the team for tonight

Fabiański – Boenisch, Wasilewski, Jodłowiec, Wojtkowiak – Polanski, Murawski - Mierzejewski, Wolski, Grosicki – Brożek

one man threads >>>

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 07:47 PM
http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/53405/1/latvia-vs-poland-live-stream-online.html

FoundTheGif
22nd May '12, 07:50 PM
Why was the event abandoned?

Nigel
22nd May '12, 07:53 PM

Cos Bigdons the only plumber on forum

Hutch
22nd May '12, 07:59 PM

Cos betting was switched back to vCash for the Euro competition.

Naruto
22nd May '12, 08:05 PM
lol @ no szezcny in goal cool losing bro

FoundTheGif
22nd May '12, 08:48 PM
It's against Latvia though

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 09:24 PM
1-0 Poland

sobiech

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 09:41 PM
FT 1-0 Poland

poor game tbh but glad we won few made decent claims for the Euro squad such as Wasilewski, Sobiech and Wolski on his first start Fabinaksi had a decent game not much to do though

Polanski and Brozek were poor hope they dont make the final 23 should find out more on Saturday in the game vs Slovakia where most of the first team will play

Hutch
22nd May '12, 09:59 PM
5* decision to abandon the event. My bet would have lost.

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 11:17 PM
beeZO_COJJ4

Jack 1017
22nd May '12, 11:37 PM
Can confirm rep would have been won ffs

BIGDON
22nd May '12, 11:50 PM
Can confirm rep would have been won ffs