PDA

View Full Version : GROUP C: Italy v Ireland (18th June, kick-off 19:45)

BIGDON
17th May '12, 11:04 AM

The Messiah
17th June '12, 09:57 PM
Bump

BIGDON
17th June '12, 11:25 PM
bump with addition bets

Hij
18th June '12, 12:25 PM
7 hours 20 minutes to go

Hij
18th June '12, 12:48 PM
I've lumped on Italy but when I saw 1.8 I went to check Betfair to put 50 on it and its 1.39 lol

Mr. Jefferies
18th June '12, 12:48 PM
Ireland :pinkface:

chris89
18th June '12, 12:49 PM
I've lumped on Italy but when I saw 1.8 I went to check Betfair to put 50 on it and its 1.39 lol

Explain betfair to me, I always want to bet on there but don't get it, if I lose my bet do I have liability to pay people for the other outcome coming in?

Sean
18th June '12, 12:53 PM
I fancy Ireland to win this hands down all in for 100k?

Mr. Jefferies
18th June '12, 12:54 PM
I fancy Ireland to win this hands down all in for 100k?

They won't win mate.

Sean
18th June '12, 12:56 PM
They won't win mate.

Raa ireland have nothing to lose apart from they have lost the last 2 games wont want to lose a third and will just want to piss off the italians think theres a fair chance depending on what odds i can find on them will probably bet on them tbh.

quality
18th June '12, 01:04 PM
18 years to the day Ireland beat Italy. 18 years to the day this happened: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughinisland_massacre. They will be wearing black armbands. So they will definitely be up for it, I have money on Italy getting to the final, so hopefully they win a close fought match and Spain win.

Hij
18th June '12, 01:07 PM
18 years to the day Ireland beat Italy. 18 years to the day this happened: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughinisland_massacre. They will be wearing black armbands. So they will definitely be up for it, I have money on Italy getting to the final, so hopefully they win a close fought match and Spain win.
Heard about this. Sad.

BIGDON
18th June '12, 03:57 PM
Rep of Ireland team to play Italy: Given, O'Shea, Dunne, St.Ledger, Ward, Duff (c), Andrews, Whelan, McGeady, Keane, Doyle

@ me for any requests for more goalscorers to be added

quality
18th June '12, 04:09 PM
Rep of Ireland team to play Italy: Given, O'Shea, Dunne, St.Ledger, Ward, Duff (c), Andrews, Whelan, McGeady, Keane, Doyle

@ me for any requests for more goalscorers to be added

FUCKS SAKE TRAP. What do McClean, Gibson and Long have to do to get a game? What is the point of playing the exact same line up? Whelan and Doyle have been absolute shit.

NSF
18th June '12, 04:12 PM
Can confirm Ireland are gonna get raped

BIGDON
18th June '12, 06:43 PM
Italy: Buffon, Chiellini, Balzaretti, Abate, Barzagli, Motta, Marchisio, De Rossi, Pirlo, Cassano, Di Natale

Julio Cesar
18th June '12, 06:47 PM
YtQ6a8gA7qk

Ireland are gonna win I've got a feeling

Xtra P
18th June '12, 07:42 PM
Can this be opened for 2 minutes please BIGDON

The Messiah
18th June '12, 07:44 PM

30 seconds.

BIGDON
18th June '12, 07:44 PM
done quickly

Xtra P
18th June '12, 07:46 PM
Safe bro, on mi phone.

The Messiah
18th June '12, 07:47 PM
Closed.

Xtra P
18th June '12, 07:49 PM
I'm currently walking down the street head buried in my phone, stopping and starting as i type lol

chris89
18th June '12, 07:51 PM
Where the fuck did you get odds of 4/5 from? Some lucky people ITT :laugh:

Hij
18th June '12, 08:04 PM
Explain betfair to me, I always want to bet on there but don't get it, if I lose my bet do I have liability to pay people for the other outcome coming in?

You automatically pay them (as money is taken off you as you bet) and Betfair takes a commission. The odds are whatever any person who is on the website is willing to accept as on betfair you can play bookmaker and punter.

For instance, If say Chelsea are at 2.35 to win against Manchester United and I don't think they will, I can lay them (or essentially act as the book maker). I can 'accept' a bet of 10 at a liability of 23.5. So I would require 23.50 in my account in order to make the bet- with the chance of winning the punters 10er.

Works both ways as well, if you see odds that you think are too low (ideal example: Russia at 1.14 to qualify) you can accept a bet of 10 but only at 1.14 liability.

I did quite well yesterday as I backed Portugal at 6.2 to win when they went behind, and then laid them off at 1.2 when they went ahead, meaning that I managed to 'all green' my bet. e.g 43 profit if Portugal won, 36 profit if its a draw, 36 if its a win. Essentially just trading at fluctuating prices.

While it sounds good, it generally works better during tournament betting, like putting money on an outsider to do well, then trading out if he gets to the semi finals (say Tennis) to guarantee money, rather than letting it run and then losing.

Odds on Betfair are generally better imo

BIGDON
18th June '12, 08:09 PM
Where the fuck did you get odds of 4/5 from? Some lucky people ITT :laugh:

pre tournament odds didnt change any win odds when i added the other bets

chris89
18th June '12, 08:11 PM
pre tournament odds didnt change any win odds when i added the other bets

Lul cool, you do realise odds change based on performances

Karim Benzema
18th June '12, 09:34 PM
wayyyyyy mario!!

BIGDON
18th June '12, 09:46 PM
http://i.minus.com/ib24NTdDgA1H7v.gif

chris89
18th June '12, 09:59 PM
Feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to bet on these heavily inflated odds ITT tbh

j09
18th June '12, 11:12 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibftoZt8zhN5SZ.gif

The Messiah
19th June '12, 08:05 AM
Feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to bet on these heavily inflated odds ITT tbh

What do you not understand about pre-tournament odds?

All the group games have had them.

DrunkPete
19th June '12, 08:29 AM
Irelands fans>>>> A few of my boys got caught on the TV Today, never stopped singing all the way through, even when they was getting raped!

chris89
19th June '12, 10:31 AM
What do you not understand about pre-tournament odds?

All the group games have had them.
Lol @ betting on pre tournament odds while in the tournament, if this thread was open pre tournament you'd have a point, I didn't notice any of the other odds cos they still seemed realistic.

BIGDON
19th June '12, 10:39 AM
Lol @ betting on pre tournament odds while in the tournament, if this thread was open pre tournament you'd have a point, I didn't notice any of the other odds cos they still seemed realistic.

thats what Hij decided on and 100% the 4/5 existed i found a old pre tournament betting coupon i used as a fixture guide and its got that price on it

chris89
19th June '12, 10:44 AM
thats what Hij decided on and 100% the 4/5 existed i found a old pre tournament betting coupon i used as a fixture guide and its got that price on it
It definitely didn't I checked on oddschecker, anyway doesnt matter to me I was out ages ago, just trying to make it fair for everyone, someone might have bet on Spain because they thought the odds in here would be realistic and low

LeBcfc
19th June '12, 10:46 AM
Who cares?

BIGDON
19th June '12, 10:47 AM
It definitely didn't I checked on oddschecker, anyway doesnt matter to me I was out ages ago, just trying to make it fair for everyone, someone might have bet on Spain because they thought the odds in here would be realistic and low

before the tournament started 4/5 was available on Italy to win this match

The Messiah
19th June '12, 10:52 AM

The thread was created in May. It was kept out of view purely to stop the Sports room from being clogged up. Makes no difference if the same odds are kept whether you bet in May or June.

chris89
19th June '12, 11:02 AM
The thread was created in May. It was kept out of view purely to stop the Sports room from being clogged up. Makes no difference if the same odds are kept whether you bet in May or June.

of course it does, the reason why the odds got lower was because Italy have been better than expected and ireland worse, it's like me going into a bookies today and getting avb to spurs odds from last week when he was 10/1