PDA

View Full Version : GROUP B: Portugal v Holland (17th June, kick-off 19:45)

Hutch
17th May '12, 01:49 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/15x6fky.jpg

Hutch
17th June '12, 12:06 AM
Bump.

Clive Eboue
17th June '12, 12:07 AM
Holland to win by two goals.

Deagle
17th June '12, 01:21 AM
Will bet on Huntelaar irl.

Nigel
17th June '12, 01:31 AM
22/1 for holland to win the euros on paddy power atm, worth a dabble imo.

Clive Eboue
17th June '12, 01:46 AM

LOL Germany, Italy, Spain and Andy Carroll would ruin their defence mate. 22/1 for a reason :sad:

Josh
17th June '12, 02:07 AM

With a back four of Van Der Wiel, Mathijsen, Heitinga & Willems?

No chance.

tippa
17th June '12, 02:21 AM
can't wait for this match

Nigel
17th June '12, 11:28 AM
LOL Germany, Italy, Spain and Andy Carroll would ruin their defence mate. 22/1 for a reason :sad:

Would get Czech or Greece in quaters I think, then Semi's anything can happen.

With a back four of Van Der Wiel, Mathijsen, Heitinga & Willems?

No chance.

Only change to that defence since the world cup final is the omission of Van Bronckhorset

Josh
17th June '12, 11:34 AM
Only change to that defence since the world cup final is the omission of Van Bronckhorset

Didn't win that either did they? ;)

Deagle
17th June '12, 11:41 AM
Would get Czech or Greece in quaters I think, then Semi's anything can happen.

Which is a large part of the problem. Willems' performance against Germany :laugh:

Parrr
17th June '12, 12:48 PM
for the first time in years i would actually like for england to play portugal. they dont look good at all. just know for a fact as soon as we play them ronaldo would play sick and nani would also play sick

in this game though 2-0 to the dutch

MyLord
17th June '12, 01:19 PM

:dead:

Germany >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dutch

kilik
17th June '12, 01:36 PM
i dont understand if holland win can they go through? greece went through even though russia had better GD

Grimes
17th June '12, 01:48 PM
i dont understand if holland win can they go through? greece went through even though russia had better GD

i think it will be done on GD not head to head

if holland win and germany win; the danes , portugal and holland will all have 3 points and no clear winner head to head

Hutch
17th June '12, 02:08 PM
Does goal difference not count for anything in the Euro's?

I thought Holland needed to win by at least 2 goals but if Greece qualified on head to head I don't get it lol.

Deagle
17th June '12, 02:37 PM
Does goal difference not count for anything in the Euro's?

I thought Holland needed to win by at least 2 goals but if Greece qualified on head to head I don't get it lol.

It's based on head to head results, then goal difference among the ones with same points, then number of goals among the ones with same points, then overall GD then overall goal scored then UEFA ranking I think.

EDIT: Basically in Holland's case, if they win and Denmark lose, they all have 3 points, and all three teams have 1 win and 1 loss against each other. Then you do GD among the three so Holland win if they score more than 2 goals.

Hutch
17th June '12, 03:10 PM
It's based on head to head results, then goal difference among the ones with same points, then number of goals among the ones with same points, then overall GD then overall goal scored then UEFA ranking I think.

EDIT: Basically in Holland's case, if they win and Denmark lose, they all have 3 points, and all three teams have 1 win and 1 loss against each other. Then you do GD among the three so Holland win if they score more than 2 goals.

That's stupid imo they're just over complicating things.

Goal difference shows consistency, you don't really have a lucky 3-0 win but can easily have a lucky 1-0 win head to head.

For example:
Team A: 3-0 3-0 0-1
Team B: 0-2 1-0 1-0
(final result they played each other)

Am I right that Team B would qualify first on the head to head rule if the results went like that?

Grimes
17th June '12, 03:12 PM
head to head then goal difference makes great sense

FoundTheGif
17th June '12, 03:17 PM
Nani will duppy Hollands LB

Deagle
17th June '12, 03:18 PM
That's stupid imo they're just over complicating things.

Goal difference shows consistency, you don't really have a lucky 3-0 win but can easily have a lucky 1-0 win head to head.

For example:
Team A: 3-0 3-0 0-1
Team B: 0-2 1-0 1-0
(final result they played each other)

Am I right that Team B would qualify first on the head to head rule if the results went like that?

Yeah. Team B could have lost 0-6 in the first one and still qualify with that last win lol

Hutch
17th June '12, 03:22 PM
Yeah. Team B could have lost 0-6 in the first one and still qualify with that last win lol

See that's just bullshit lol.

Goal difference THEN head to head is a much fairer way to decide.

Deagle
17th June '12, 03:27 PM
That seems to be the English way of thinking, Prem uses overall GD but other European leagues use head to head for teams with same points. Although I think it's fairer in the league since they play each other twice.

The Messiah
17th June '12, 04:01 PM
See that's just bullshit lol.

Goal difference THEN head to head is a much fairer way to decide.

Disagree. Head-to-head is fairer. When comparing two teams it's better to see who is better than the other, before comparing abilities against other teams in the league.

Hutch
17th June '12, 04:06 PM
Disagree. Head-to-head is fairer. When comparing two teams it's better to see who is better than the other, before comparing abilities against other teams in the league.

In the league over a 38 game season I agree. But in the Euro's I think goal difference is a fairer indication (see my earlier post).

The Messiah
17th June '12, 04:14 PM
In the league over a 38 game season I agree. But in the Euro's I think goal difference is a fairer indication (see my earlier post).

Same principe applies. If it's appropriate for a 38 game league why is it not appropriate for six-game league?

Deagle
17th June '12, 04:17 PM
Same principe applies. If it's appropriate for a 38 game league why is it not appropriate for six-game league?

Three

Hutch
17th June '12, 04:19 PM

3 game league*

Look at my earlier post when I gave an example of what can happen (and what did happen with Greece and Russia). How is it fair that a team can possibly lose 4-0 then win 1-0 and 1-0. While the other team can win 3-0 3-0 then lose 1-0 and go out on head to head.
The team that won two games 3-0 is the more consistent team.

Deagle
17th June '12, 07:10 PM
Netherlands (4-2-3-1): Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Vlaar, Mathijsen, Willems; De Jong, Van der Vaart; Van Persie, Sneijder, Robben; Huntelaar

Portugal (4-3-3): Rui Patricio; Joao Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Coentrao; Veloso, Moutinho, Meireles; Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo

Finally VdV and Huntelaar

The Messiah
17th June '12, 07:16 PM
Three

3 game league*

Look at my earlier post when I gave an example of what can happen (and what did happen with Greece and Russia). How is it fair that a team can possibly lose 4-0 then win 1-0 and 1-0. While the other team can win 3-0 3-0 then lose 1-0 and go out on head to head.
The team that won two games 3-0 is the more consistent team.

My bad a three game league.

The point I'm making is if you say it's fine for a 38 and not fine for a 3 game league where is the cut-off as to where it is appropriate? There won't be one that will be universally agreed, therefore you should enforce the rule of all leagues.

Hutch. I agree that in the scenario you gave the team with the bigger wins appears more 'consistent' but hat is not the case. You get 3 points for a 6-0 win and 3 points for a 1-0 win. Bonus points do not exist. The only reason goal difference matters is as a differentiator in the event two teams are equal. Surely it is fairer to measure two equal teams by their head to head record then by goal difference which does not affect the number of points gained in a win in any way shape or form.

Grimes
17th June '12, 07:23 PM
head to head proves who the better team between two teams imo more than goal difference

goal difference rewards flat track bullies

Hutch
17th June '12, 07:26 PM
My bad a three game league.

The point I'm making is if you say it's fine for a 38 and not fine for a 3 game league where is the cut-off as to where it is appropriate? There won't be one that will be universally agreed, therefore you should enforce the rule of all leagues.

Hutch. I agree that in the scenario you gave the team with the bigger wins appears more 'consistent' but hat is not the case. You get 3 points for a 6-0 win and 3 points for a 1-0 win. Bonus points do not exist. The only reason goal difference matters is as a differentiator in the event two teams are equal. Surely it is fairer to measure two equal teams by their head to head record then by goal difference which does not affect the number of points gained in a win in any way shape or form.

But my point is that you can scrape a lucky 1-0 win in a 1 off game. If that is the game that determines who goes through it's not fair imo, especially if the team that loses out has a superior goal difference because they comfortably won their first 2 games.

1 Home and 1 away game in the league is a much better indication. I just don't agree with them having the head to head rule in a 3 match league like this.

when you look at Group A, Russia were better than Greece in 2 games then Greece scraped a win to knock them out head to head.

Xtra P
17th June '12, 07:31 PM
Dis gon b gud.gif

The Messiah
17th June '12, 07:40 PM
head to head proves who the better team between two teams imo more than goal difference

goal difference rewards flat track bullies

Agreed.

Hutch about to drive. Will respond when I get home.

Scrappy123
17th June '12, 07:41 PM
No optimism.

Maybe that means RVP will score a hat trick.

Nigel
17th June '12, 07:41 PM
why the odds so shit?

Put me off betting tbh, they're miles of what PP and Skybet are offering

kilik
17th June '12, 07:42 PM
im liking that holland lineup. very attacking they could of done that from the start, hunterlaar in the middle and rvp cutting in from the right

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 07:42 PM
Portugal's national anthem is class.

Milford Cubicle
17th June '12, 07:43 PM
Come on Portugal, for the sake of my sweepstake

Hij
17th June '12, 07:43 PM
why the odds so shit?

Put me off betting tbh, they're miles of what PP and Skybet are offeringThread was made like 3 weeks back brah

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 07:44 PM
The odds on Holland are better in this thread than you'll get on a betting site now, after they lost two games.

Julio Cesar
17th June '12, 07:46 PM
The odds on Holland are better in this thread than you'll get on a betting site now, after they lost two games.

Does not make sense

Scrappy123
17th June '12, 07:49 PM
This should of been the XI vs Denmark tbh.

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 07:53 PM
Does not make sense

Indeed. I confused myself.

Can we forget I posted that :pinkface:

Hutch
17th June '12, 07:56 PM
Laaavly goal.

Scrappy123
17th June '12, 07:57 PM
ijfriuhgriuhgurhri

We miss fucking sitters but look at the two goals this tournament ffs.

j09
17th June '12, 07:57 PM
woi

Julio Cesar
17th June '12, 07:59 PM
inb4GermanyDrawOnPurpose

Hutch
17th June '12, 08:02 PM
If Germany win and Holland win, how can Holland qualify if they lost to Denmark?

Lol Postiga <<<<<<

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 08:02 PM
If Germany win and Holland win, how can Holland qualify if they lost to Denmark?

Goal difference if they win by two clear goals.

Scrappy123
17th June '12, 08:03 PM
Van Der Wiel with his spastic passbacks.

His 6th one this season exact.

Julio Cesar
17th June '12, 08:03 PM

Hutch you're confusing me.

Can someone please explain what the results need to be for Holland to qualify?

Hutch
17th June '12, 08:04 PM

But I thought it was decided by head to head results? lol.

Julio Cesar
17th June '12, 08:04 PM

Too many rules, choose one or the other ffs.

Scrappy123
17th June '12, 08:05 PM
FFS YOU MAN!

Germany win and Holland win by 2 is all that is needed.

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 08:06 PM
Hutch you're confusing me.

Can someone please explain what the results need to be for Holland to qualify?

Denmark lose, Holland win by 2 goals.

tippa
17th June '12, 08:06 PM
1 - 0 germany podolski

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 08:07 PM
But I thought it was decided by head to head results? lol.

Denmark beat Holland, Portugal beat Denmark, Holland (as things are) beat Portugal.

Nobody wins on head to head and they'll all be on 3 points, thus goal difference.

Hutch
17th June '12, 08:07 PM
But Denmark beat Holland.

And as it stands how the fuck are Portugal 2nd when Holland are beating them looool these rules <<<<<<<<

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 08:08 PM
And as it stands how the fuck are Portugal 2nd when Holland are beating them looool these rules <<<<<<<<

They make perfect sense imo.

Hutch
17th June '12, 08:10 PM
Denmark beat Holland, Portugal beat Denmark, Holland (as things are) beat Portugal.

Nobody wins on head to head and they'll all be on 3 points, thus goal difference.

Oh right, I understand now.

Didn't think about them all cancelling each other out on head to head :pinkface:

chris89
17th June '12, 08:10 PM
But Denmark beat Holland.

i can't get my head round them tbh

Josh
17th June '12, 08:12 PM
fuck these rules

just watch the games and find out what happens after the final scores come in :pinkface:

Hutch
17th June '12, 08:12 PM
Goal difference >>> head to head. Come at me bros.

Nice goal from Ronaldo.

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 08:13 PM
Cheers for that Ronnie you bell-end.

Julio Cesar
17th June '12, 08:13 PM
fuck these rules

just watch the games and find out what happens after the final scores come in :pinkface:

kilik
17th June '12, 08:14 PM
willems is shit. doesnt deserve to be the youngest ever at the euros

Scrappy123
17th June '12, 08:14 PM
Double blow.

j09
17th June '12, 08:20 PM
how does it stand now

kilik
17th June '12, 08:22 PM
how does it stand now

portugal through

Shower Posse
17th June '12, 08:22 PM
willems is shit. doesnt deserve to be the youngest ever at the euros

He is a winger

The only reason why he is playing there is cos Pieters is out inured

Crawla III.
17th June '12, 08:29 PM
Holland's full backs are getting raped

If Postiga wasn't so shit Holland would be dead

Grimes
17th June '12, 08:33 PM
portugal got two of the best wingers in the world

hollland are getting boyed

didierpogba
17th June '12, 08:41 PM
Hollands defence is POOR

Papinades_
17th June '12, 08:41 PM
Holland's defence is atrocious. Worst in the competition. Portugal could've atleast scored 4 goals in that half.

They have to win by two clear goals but that aint going to happen with that defence lol

Xtra P
17th June '12, 09:03 PM
Won all my bets already, nicee http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/images/smilies/untroubled.png

Ronnie having a belter so far.

Arsenal and the spuds providing the only goals for Holland so far in the tournament.

The Messiah
17th June '12, 09:04 PM
But my point is that you can scrape a lucky 1-0 win in a 1 off game. If that is the game that determines who goes through it's not fair imo especially if the team that loses out has a superior goal difference because they comfortably won their first 2 games.
Why not? If you win, you win. Arsenal would have won plenty of titles in the past 6 years if football was fair, and teams who sat back and defended well against wasteful teams were not rewarded.

Grimes made the point that taking goal difference into account doesn't necessarily reward the better team, just the team that are capable of bullying a team when they are 1-0 up, rather than the equally good team who are better suited to playing possession football to see the game out when 1-0 up.

1 Home and 1 away game in the league is a much better indication. I just don't agree with them having the head to head rule in a 3 match league like this.

when you look at Group A, Russia were better than Greece in 2 games then Greece scraped a win to knock them out head to head.

Russia were not better than Greece on that day. That all that tells us. Why should Russia be rewarded for past glories?

Deagle
17th June '12, 09:07 PM
He is a winger

The only reason why he is playing there is cos Pieters is out inured

No he's not

FoundTheGif
17th June '12, 09:13 PM
Nani should've buried that.

Rambo
17th June '12, 09:14 PM
ronaldo>>

GrimmeySimmey
17th June '12, 09:14 PM
Nani reminds me of Jermaine Jackson tbh

FoundTheGif
17th June '12, 09:15 PM
Great composure by Ronaldo. Great pass by Nani. Great counter attack.

Xtra P
17th June '12, 09:16 PM
Ronnie went HAM in this game.

Crawla III.
17th June '12, 09:17 PM
Holland are shit.

tippa
17th June '12, 09:23 PM
holland 0 points -5 GD

how did this team get to the wc final :lol:

chris89
17th June '12, 09:25 PM
Ronnie went HAM in this game.

perfect performance

didierpogba
17th June '12, 09:25 PM
Holland will probably have a big brawl after this

Hickory Dickory
17th June '12, 09:28 PM
Inshallah there is a big brawl after the match.

Julio Cesar
17th June '12, 09:32 PM
Ireland >>>>>>>>>>>> Holland

Ronnie is a beast

He's had a good game therefore he's not a bottlejob anymore, unlike RVP who is obviously shit cos he's had a bad tournament.

Clive Eboue
17th June '12, 09:34 PM
Ireland >>>>>>>>>>>> Holland

Ronnie is a beast

He's had a good game therefore he's not a bottlejob anymore, unlike RVP who is obviously shit cos he's had a bad tournament.

Ronaldo won world player of the year tonight.

GrimmeySimmey
17th June '12, 09:36 PM
Holland leaving with 0 points. :dead:

Scrappy123
17th June '12, 09:38 PM
All those club goals...you are both whit you useless cuntz.

Fuck You RVP and fuck Hubtelaar.

Hij
17th June '12, 09:39 PM
Back in the game!!

If France qualify I should be on 85000

MoneyMan
17th June '12, 09:43 PM
Holland been the worst team at the EUROs by far, no passion or desire from them whatsofuckingever. Robben and RVP have been so so greedy and wasteful :dead:

j09
17th June '12, 09:47 PM
ronaldo >>>>>>> messi

Mr. Jefferies
17th June '12, 09:47 PM
I'm staring bankruptcy in the face.

The Messiah
17th June '12, 09:50 PM
The Messiah has a total of 513321
Hutch has a total of 240764
Xtra P has a total of 141883
Nick has a total of 129272
kilik has a total of 105830

chris89
Enjoyed that match

The Messiah
The Messiah has a total of 513321
Hutch has a total of 240764
Xtra P has a total of 141883
Nick has a total of 129272
kilik has a total of 105830

Grimes
17th June '12, 09:56 PM
robben seems passed it

Xtra P
17th June '12, 09:57 PM
Back in the top 3, my bets were spot on today.

Podolski anytime scorer
Ronaldo anytime scorer
Holland and Portugal both teams score

Grimes
17th June '12, 09:58 PM
this team reminded me of england with there cm's letting them down

Xtra P
17th June '12, 09:58 PM
robben seems passed it

He's been figured out, he's bait, cut in and shoot, he doesn't do the unexpected.

chris89
17th June '12, 10:01 PM
He's been figured out, he's bait, cut in and shoot, he doesn't do the unexpected.

no one knew wtf to do with him when he was at us

Julio Cesar
17th June '12, 10:02 PM
He'll be back soon. He's predictable but he's very good at it.

Tony Starks
17th June '12, 10:02 PM
Robben easily the biggest flop of the tournament.

Ronaldo proved yet against he doubters are wasting their time

Deagle
17th June '12, 10:41 PM
Robben's peak was around 09-10. Thought he started off quite good today but clearly not.

It's amazing that they've only scored two goals with the best strikers in PL and Bundesliga.

Pristine Condition
17th June '12, 10:57 PM
Ronaldo >>>>

Bang on it today.

Nani's pass for the 2nd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Holland <<<<<<

No fight, no spirit, woeful

j09
17th June '12, 11:14 PM
ronaldo >>>>>>> messi

http://cadfael.tv/image/src/1339961258914.gif

Bobby_7
17th June '12, 11:30 PM
Ronaldo >>>>

Bang on it today.

Nani's pass for the 2nd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Holland <<<<<<

No fight, no spirit, woeful

MoneyMan
17th June '12, 11:35 PM
Ronaldo proved yet against he doubters are wasting their time

Tbf Ronnie was invisible for the 1st two games.

Stepped up when he needed to though.

chris89
17th June '12, 11:36 PM
Tbf Ronnie was invisible for the 1st two games.

Stepped up when he needed to though.

People going a bit OTT lol, hopefully he kills it in the knockouts though

kilik
17th June '12, 11:37 PM
holland played with no heart, cant believe they were in the final of the world cup.

robben just needs to be sat down and told we all know what your going to do when u dribble, hes pathetic.

Xtra P
17th June '12, 11:42 PM
Show Robben on the outside and he's neutralised tbh

Tony Starks
17th June '12, 11:42 PM
Invisible is the worng word to use. Thats the word to describe the performance of Huntelaar today. Did nothing positive, created nothing and posed no threat.

Ronaldo for the first two games, similar to RVP the whole tournament wasnt at his usual standards, dont mean they werent on the ball making things happen. Ronaldo could and probably should have had some goals even before today

Switch
18th June '12, 01:20 AM
holland played with no heart, cant believe they were in the final of the world cup.

robben just needs to be sat down and told we all know what your going to do when u dribble, hes pathetic.why?

in that tournament they were more of a team and hell of a lot more organised

this tournament they were quite literally a bunch of individuals just playing together, in each of there games it never looked as though anything was going to really click. 0 points and only 2 goals that is a disgrace.

kilik
18th June '12, 01:35 AM
why?

in that tournament they were more of a team and hell of a lot more organised

this tournament they were quite literally a bunch of individuals just playing together, in each of there games it never looked as though anything was going to really click. 0 points and only 2 goals that is a disgrace.

near enough the same team and they played very bad

zurich
18th June '12, 07:28 AM
Holland are the 'Liverpool' of country football. No one is scared to play them anymore

Julio Cesar
18th June '12, 07:54 AM
VDV coming 4th and going out of Europe again lululul

Switch
18th June '12, 08:26 AM
VDV coming 4th and going out of Europe again lululul:laugh::laugh:

quality
18th June '12, 09:09 AM
Probably the best game I've watched so far. Was sort of hoping Ronaldo would go without a goal, but Holland not getting a point is funny enough.

quality
18th June '12, 10:36 AM

Hij
18th June '12, 12:25 PM
Sublime^

Cazorla
18th June '12, 12:25 PM

Bergkamp-esque first touch.

quality
18th June '12, 12:32 PM