PDA

View Full Version : Juve to sign Paul Pogba

Parrr
7th March '12, 12:18 PM
Is this kid dumb :dead:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111213/Paul-Pogba-leaves-Manchester-United-join-Juventus.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

AJNorthEast
7th March '12, 12:26 PM
Greedy youths, hell end up a dead beat match fixer quote me.

Shocking how the agent will get more than united.

AJNorthEast
7th March '12, 12:27 PM
Greedy youths, hell end up a dead beat match fixer quote me.

Shocking how the agent will get more than united.

chris89
7th March '12, 12:33 PM
lol @ Man Utd, cool youth bros

Don't worry I'm sure you can tempt another upcoming talent from one of the Prem teams for £10-£15m

inb4hehasnopositionlikePhilJones

BIGDON
7th March '12, 12:34 PM
o hai Ravel part 2

Scrappy123
7th March '12, 01:16 PM
These youts don't understand how lucky they are.

inb4racialabuse&hecries

Plak
7th March '12, 01:47 PM
:dead: as a youth player there aren't many clubs you can go to better than United. Juve is certainly not one of them.
What an ejit

Hij
7th March '12, 01:52 PM
What a legend

chris89
7th March '12, 01:53 PM
Obviously someone is doing wrong somewhere in the Utd youth setup, they've lost their 2 most promising to inferior teams :laugh:

Fergie>>>>>

Big 45
7th March '12, 02:18 PM
These youts don't understand how lucky they are.

His loss tbh

lol @ Man Utd, cool youth bros

Don't worry I'm sure you can tempt another upcoming talent from one of the Prem teams for £10-£15m

inb4hehasnopositionlikePhilJones

Obviously someone is doing wrong somewhere in the Utd youth setup, they've lost their 2 most promising to inferior teams :laugh:

Fergie>>>>>

6 of United's current 1st team players came through the Academy.

How many of Chelsea's players did the same bro?

Don't worry even if you don't finish top 4 I'm sure you can tempt another average player from one of the Prem teams for £30-50m.

inb4hescoresnogoalslikeFernandoTorres.

Scrappy123
7th March '12, 02:21 PM
I've said it before, but look out for Kerim Frei.

chris89
7th March '12, 02:45 PM

Don't worry even if you don't finish top 4 I'm sure you can tempt another average player from one of the Prem teams for £30-50m.

:laugh:

myavi.gif

We don't boast about our academy but you lot do, cool keeping them happy bro

EA
7th March '12, 02:58 PM
I don't blame him and Morrison for leaving.

First team football in Serie A >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> waiting for your crack at 1st team football in the Premiership.

BIGLEE
7th March '12, 04:07 PM
all about money tbh , i would too.

chris89
7th March '12, 04:13 PM
Having Carrick start games consistently in front of you<<<<<<<<<<<

MoneyMan
7th March '12, 04:19 PM
The lad just couldn't take any more channel 5 pars.

chris89
7th March '12, 04:29 PM
inb4 Rooney gets a wage rise to £350k due to questioning the clubs ambition

Pristine Condition
7th March '12, 04:34 PM
Good luck to him, I say

Hij
7th March '12, 04:51 PM
Wait hold on a minute there is no way I'm letting that slide. 6 of the first team?

01 De Gea - £20m
03 Evra - £5.5m
04 Jones £20m Booked
05 Ferdinand - £30m
06 Evans
16 Carrick - £16m
17 Nani - £16m
18 Young - £20m
22 Scholes
10 Rooney - £30m
19 Welbeck

Ignoring the fact that team cost a cool £157.7m, I count 3. I think it's also generous including the likes of Scholes seeing as he came through the academy when I was 3 fucking years old. Likewise with Giggs who was on the bench.

And actually as you mention it, I find the Man U academy to actually be one massive myth, that has only ever produced average Premier League and Championship players (despite of course the "you never win it with kids" team, most of whom have retired), despite many playing one or two games and then being hyped up as the best player, in the world, ever, possibly, maybe, could have been, ok turned out to be bog standard.

While we are at it, here are a list of "STAR MAN U PLAYERS" that still haven't done much other than a few cameos and then left, you could include Pique who you sold to Barcelona I guess, but surely that comes under a Fergie mistake and besides you stole him from their academy anyway.

Macheda
De Laet
Morrison
Pogba
Zoran
Diouf
Ljajic
Eagles
Bellion
Steele
Spector
McShane

Then there are others like Shawcross and Simpson, but it's not a major return (in terms of actual top class quality in and around your "first team") from a team that can afford to buy shitloads of young players using their cash and reputation and shove them all into an academy and hope they come good. Fabio and Rafael are my predicted next two to fall by the wayside and leave United, along with that Evans fella who is crap.

By the way, Cleverley is going to be the best player ever you know.

j09
7th March '12, 04:52 PM
The lad just couldn't take any more channel 5 pars.

Big 45
7th March '12, 04:57 PM
Wait hold on a minute there is no way I'm letting that slide. 6 of the first team?

01 De Gea - £20m
03 Evra - £5.5m
04 Jones £20m Booked
05 Ferdinand - £30m
06 Evans Booked
16 Carrick - £16m
17 Nani - £16m
18 Young - £20m
22 Scholes
10 Rooney - £30m
19 Welbeck

Ignoring the fact that team cost a cool £157.7m, I count 3. I think it's also generous including the likes of Scholes seeing as he came through the academy when I was 3 fucking years old. Likewise with Giggs who was on the bench.

And actually as you mention it, I find the Man U academy to actually be one massive myth.

While we are at it, here are a list of "STAR MAN U PLAYERS" that still haven't done much other than a few cameos, you could include Pique who you sold to Barcelona I guess, but surely that comes under a Fergie mistake.

Macheda
De Laet
Morrison
Pogba
Zoran
Diouf
Ljajic
Eagles
Bellion
Steele
Spector
McShane

Then there are others like Shawcross and Simpson, but it's not a major return (in terms of actual top class quality) from a team that can afford to buy shitloads of young players using their cash and reputation and shove them all into an academy and hope they come good. Fabio and Rafael are my predicted next two to fall by the wayside and leave United, along with that Evans fella who is crap.

Welbeck, Cleverley, Giggs, Scholes, Evans, Fletcher all 1st teams players when they're not injured/ill

Some of you starting to sound a little jealous lol

http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/gif/8278.2n850dh.gif

kilik
7th March '12, 04:59 PM
these youts letting their agents gas them up. they dont realise the agent is just looking for a big payday ffs.

we will defo buy a cm now as i heard fergie didnt because he was going to bring through pogba

Hij
7th March '12, 05:04 PM
Welbeck, Cleverley, Giggs, Scholes, Evans, Fletcher all 1st teams players when they're not injured/ill

Believe me, I'm not jealous.

Firstly, there are players in your academy now that were still residing in their old man's ball sack when Giggs and Scholes were in the academy, so they are hardly representative of something that has changed over the last two cunting decades.

Cleverley has played 5 games.

Evans is shit and even Alex Ferguson himself would be laughing at you calling him a first team player. Vidic? Ferdinand? Smalling? Jones?

By the way, before you come out with the customary retort of our academy being shit, I'm not saying it's any better, I just don't buy this Man U myth that the media say I'm supposed to buy into.

I can't argue with Fletcher or Welbeck.

Also it has to be said, that as the team that has been at the top of the Premier League for the last 20 years the most times, with the biggest reputation, it is more than likely that from the hundreds of players imparted upon your team, a couple will come good - its nothing groundbreaking.

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 05:08 PM
I don't blame him and Morrison for leaving.

First team football in Serie A >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> waiting for your crack at 1st team football in the Premiership.

You're baffed if you actually believe he's going to get first team football.

Evans >>>>>> Coates
Cleverley >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Henderson

Has Coates even started a game lol?

kilik
7th March '12, 05:12 PM
its funny that a liverpool fan is talking about our academy when you have to buy average english players for crazy prices. :dozey:

Hij
7th March '12, 05:16 PM
Evans >>>>>> Coates
Cleverley >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Henderson

Has Coates even started a game lol?

Your actually retarded. But I'll humour you. Firstly, neither are academy players, but I'll allow that point for now.

Evans is 24. Coates is 21 and still adjusting since his move to England. He won the Copa America with Uruguay and won Best Young Player there. I can't confirm nor deny he will go onto be better than Evans, but I can give my opinion, and that is that he certainly looks the better prospect. We'll have to see where Coates is in 3 years time, to really make an informed decision, rather than just >>>>> icons.

Henderson and Cleverley. Well, to use your retort, has he even started more than a handful of games?

Scrappy123
7th March '12, 05:17 PM
Evans has been United's best defender this season.

Just saying bros.

Hij
7th March '12, 05:23 PM
its funny that a liverpool fan is talking about our academy when you have to buy average english players for crazy prices. :dozey:

Top response mate! Because that definitely proves me wrong, about your academy being a pile of hyped up horse manure.

Besides the fact that at times he's been the only defender, how many games of Manchester United's have you watched?

From RedCafe

Come on lads, Evans is our new O'Shea (or perhaps Brown, who always promised to be better than he turned out to be for one reason or another).
Love the guy, but let's face it, he's good but not (ever) great. The odd "great game" perhaps but typically he's in the squad as a solid "fill-in" when needed, which I grant you has been a lot more often over the past few years than I would like.

I agree with this. He's a useful player to have around when the likes of Vidic are out and we need someone to step in. But I don't see him ever being a club great or a stalwart at the back. I like the comparison with John O'Shea, though obviously Evans is slightly less versatile.

He did one of his trademark needless tackles from behind, should've seen yellow. An over eager ref could've given him red, which would be very harsh but not necessarily wrong. No need to put yourself in that situation Jonathan.

He has lapses in concentration and often panics. Add to that his passing is and has never been good and he just isn't good on the ball. Also, he is not that strong, not that tall, and not that fast.

A few of you had hissy fits when I said that I thought Evans isn't United quality back in August. He isn't. I'd rather we kept Wes Brown or John O'Shea to be quite honest. He has no strength, looks nervous when he plays and doesn't have the quality that the other United central defenders have. I've seen him struggle with so many long ball situations over the years too, that's one of the first things a good centre back should be able to deal with.

It's like me saying Spearing has been our best midfielder this season. But cool, I'm off.

Scrappy123
7th March '12, 05:26 PM
United fans love to find a scapegoat.

The real ones would tell you he's improved and stepped up.

Hij
7th March '12, 05:27 PM
Fair enough it has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I've watched every United game that is on as long as it doesn't collide with ours and have been impressed rarely.

The argument was about first team players who came from the academy. He is not that. If he was as good as you say he was the extortionate amount of money wouldn't have been spent on Smalling and Jones.

Even Shawcross and Simpson who United sold previously are better than him, he's nothing more than a squad player.

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 05:30 PM
Your actually retarded. But I'll humour you. Firstly, neither are academy players, but I'll allow that point for now.

Evans is 24. Coates is 21 and still adjusting since his move to England. He won the Copa America with Uruguay and won Best Young Player there. I can't confirm nor deny he will go onto be better than Evans, but I can give my opinion, and that is that he certainly looks the better prospect. We'll have to see where Coates is in 3 years time, to really make an informed decision, rather than just >>>>> icons.

Henderson and Cleverley. Well, to use your retort, has he even started more than a handful of games?

SMH I hate when people try to insult me, and then use the wrong your/you're. The reason I mentioned Coates is because you called Evans shit, when tbh he's alright, just weak minded. You then said "Even Sir Alex would be laughing at you calling him a first team player" Are you retarded? Has he not started the last couple of games?

Cleverley's had 8 apps this season. Henderson has 22 aps, 1 goal 1 assist.

MoneyMan
7th March '12, 05:31 PM

Just saying bros.

Hij went in but i'm not gonna lie Scrappy is right tbh. Evans has been sick since the City game.
and FoundTheGif you SURELY have to see Coates is a better prospect than Evans?

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 05:34 PM
Hij went in but i'm not gonna lie Scrappy is right tbh. Evans has been sick since the City game.
and FoundTheGif you SURELY have to see Coates is a better prospect than Evans?

Haven't even seen him play tbh. All I know he's not getting played. Honestly I don't pay much attention to Liverpool

Pristine Condition
7th March '12, 05:37 PM
Evans has stepped up big time recently, even I admit I cussed him off whenever I saw his name on the team sheet.

Can't fault him atm tbh

Hij
7th March '12, 05:38 PM
You then said "Even Sir Alex would be laughing at you calling him a first team player" Are you retarded? Has he not started the last couple of games?

If we are going to be pedantic little cunts, then you needed to include an "it" when you said "SMH I HATE when people....". It's "I hate it when" mate.

What does the last two games matter? It's only a result of other players being unavailable. You have four other defenders that take priority over him. We've been starting Spearing, he's not going to be a first team player in the future, but we play him in the first team because Lucas is injured. If all players are fit, Evans does not start, don't tell me he does because your insulting my intelligence.

Apologies for the faux pas in my punctuation.

Cleverley's had 8 apps this season. Henderson has 22 aps, 1 goal 1 assist.

What does that prove? Fuck all. It's only popular opinion that says either will be better at this stage. That's all it is. We can all beat our chests regarding "potential", you can say he's highly rated more, but he's not proved anything yet.

So in conclusion, this great Man United academy that you speak of, that produces all these amazing first team players, essentially has brought through what, Fletcher and Welbeck? You go bros!

MoneyMan
7th March '12, 05:39 PM
Haven't even seen him play tbh. All I know he's not getting played. Honestly I don't pay much attention to Liverpool

Yeah I know he ain't, he's not meant to be tbh. Not tryna sound like KKKenny's PR guy here but most of our signings have been for the future, i.e. they will be shit for 3 years then maybe good in 2015-2016 season :laugh:

:sad:

Coates should be sick though. You don't win player of the tournament ahead of Messi, Aguero, Suarez, Cavani etc if you ain't pretty good.

EA
7th March '12, 05:40 PM
You're baffed if you actually believe he's going to get first team football.

He's more likely to at Juventus since they're an old team that needs young players.

You're not honestly saying to me that he was gonna get consistent first team football for Man Utd any time are you? You have too much to play for to start experimenting with your youngsters.

Hij
7th March '12, 05:48 PM
Yeah I know he ain't, he's not meant to be tbh. Not tryna sound like KKKenny's PR guy here but most of our signings have been for the future, i.e. they will be shit for 3 years then maybe good in 2015-2016 season :laugh:

The tabloids are very sensationalist. I'd say Carroll was a mistake, but I'd say as a squad, the average age is down, it's been trimmed down by 18 players in and around the first team squad and the reserves and that impacted massively against the fees. We're in a situation now so long as the owners commit, where we have an adept if not spectacular team, that needs quality additions and quality only. We don't need to go out to buy 'average' players any more, as we have them all already.

Coates should be sick though. You don't win player of the tournament ahead of Messi, Aguero, Suarez, Cavani etc if you ain't pretty good.
To be fair, he won Young Player of the Tournament.

I'm writing too much. Pique's the only starlet you let go. Fletcher is a great defensive midfielder, Welbeck still has some to prove, but does seem like he will go onto be an excellent striker. It's a decent two out of three. It's certainly better than ours, although a lot of the signing's Rafa made are still only 14-19 now and due to come through soon, so we'll see how good the upgrade of our academy was in the last decade, it still might be shit- but I'm more hopeful now than I have been for a while.

BTW, who are the players coming through at the minute? We have a few and I know Chelsea have a few as well, unsure about Arsenal.

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 05:48 PM
He's more likely to at Juventus since they're an old team that needs young players.

You're not honestly saying to me that he was gonna get consistent first team football for Man Utd any time are you? You have too much to play for to start experimenting with your youngsters.

No. Didn't even mention that idea tbh. He probably would've started a game or a few, or maybe come on in the last minutes. But smh United is one of the three biggest teams in the world. If I was rated highly there, with a high probability that if I worked hard, I would get into the team in a 1-3 years I wouldn't leave. ffs we're starting a 36 year old and a 30 year old in midfield lol. His chance would've came tbh

MoneyMan
7th March '12, 05:56 PM
The tabloids are very sensationalist. I'd say Carroll was a mistake, but I'd say as a squad, the average age is down, it's been trimmed down by 18 players in and around the first team squad and the reserves and that impacted massively against the fees. We're in a situation now so long as the owners commit, where we have an adept if not spectacular team, that needs quality additions and quality only. We don't need to go out to buy 'average' players any more, as we have them all already.

To be fair, he won Young Player of the Tournament.

I'm writing too much. Pique's the only starlet you let go. Fletcher is a great defensive midfielder, Welbeck still has some to prove, but does seem like he will go onto be an excellent striker. It's a decent two out of three. It's certainly better than ours, although a lot of the signing's Rafa made are still only 14-19 now and due to come through soon, so we'll see how good the upgrade of our academy was in the last decade, it still might be shit- but I'm more hopeful now than I have been for a while.

BTW, who are the players coming through at the minute? We have a few and I know Chelsea have a few as well, unsure about Arsenal.

Morgan, Sterling, Suso and Tony Silva look decent from what i've seen. No idea if they can step it up though, I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of the best academy prospects getting runs out this season tbh, we've nothing else to play for really. We ain't getting 4th, Europe is guaranteed, so apart from pride there's nothing to win league wise.

Obviously I still want to see us really push on and try to win the FA. See how many people try tell us that's a mickey mouse trophy as well.

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 06:00 PM
If we are going to be pedantic little cunts, then you needed to include an "it" when you said "SMH I HATE when people....". It's "I hate it when" mate.

What does the last two games matter? It's only a result of other players being unavailable. You have four other defenders that take priority over him. We've been starting Spearing, he's not going to be a first team player in the future, but we play him in the first team because Lucas is injured. If all players are fit, Evans does not start, don't tell me he does because your insulting my intelligence.

Evans has started 19 matches, the most of all of our CB's (Apart from Jones, who starts at RB, or in midfield from time to time). At this current moment Ferdinand/Evans is our starting CB partnership.

What does that prove? Fuck all. It's only popular opinion that says either will be better at this stage. That's all it is. We can all beat our chests regarding "potential", you can say he's highly rated more, but he's not proved anything yet.

So in conclusion, this great Man United academy that you speak of, that produces all these amazing first team players, essentially has brought through what, Fletcher and Welbeck? You go bros!

What? You're the person who asked how many games Cleverley has started. I bought up the stats. Henderson has started regularly for Liverpool. Not too sure anyone has been impressed.

I LOVE GRIME
7th March '12, 06:07 PM
has not being confirmed and jonny evans recent form>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Star2D2
7th March '12, 06:27 PM
Don't really get your point Hij. Man Utd's academy is pretty good. Not the best in the world but apart from Barca, most academies are a bit hit and miss.

Even so, when you can sell players like Eagles and McShane for a couple million each, it must pay for itself. Then, every now and then someone like Fletcher/Welbeck comes along who actually cracks the first team - so it's all profit I guess. P.s. Weren't the Fabio twins academy?

Hij
7th March '12, 06:32 PM
Evans has started 19 matches, the most of all of our CB's (Apart from Jones, who starts at RB, or in midfield from time to time). At this current moment Ferdinand/Evans is our starting CB partnership.

Sorry but you've still had an injury crisis in defence. Which is why he has played more.

Anyway, I hate talking about Man United so I'm gonna make the Tottenham thread for later.

What? You're the person who asked how many games Cleverley has started. I bought up the stats. Henderson has started regularly for Liverpool. Not too sure anyone has been impressed.

I said Cleverley hadn't started much more than a handful of games, so I was correct.

By the way, having seen how Henderson has been moved around the field, and watched most of our games this season, what is your opinion on the 22 appearances he's made?

Don't really get your point Hij. Man Utd's academy is pretty good. Not the best in the world but apart from Barca, most academies are a bit hit and miss.

I took exception to the bold claims of over 50% of the starting Man U first team having come recently from the academy and started a crusade not to allow that shit to go unquestioned.

I agree with everything else you have put. Yes the Fabio twins are as well, I've mentioned them in this thread.

Star2D2
7th March '12, 06:42 PM
Fair enough. I think any team with 50% of players coming from their academy is:

A) Barcelona

B) A conference/debt crippled team.

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 07:01 PM
smfh that better not be you Scrappy Star2D2

Big 45
7th March '12, 07:34 PM
I took exception to the bold claims of over 50% of the starting Man U first team having come recently from the academy and started a crusade not to allow that shit to go unquestioned.

no one even said that lul

I don't even know what you've been ranting/arguing about hij.

you seem obsessed with how the media portray United, not with what anyone has actually said on here.

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 07:41 PM
I said Cleverley hadn't started much more than a handful of games, so I was correct.

By the way, having seen how Henderson has been moved around the field, and watched most of our games this season, what is your opinion on the 22 appearances he's made?

lol don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic or whatever, but this is poor.

No one can call Torres shit bros, you haven't watched most of his games, how he's been moved around the field and any other varying factors. Ignore the fact he hasn't scored much and cost 50 mill.

Zoffie
7th March '12, 08:20 PM
'Too long don't readers' can skip

What Hij is saying I've been saying for a while.
Remember when Manchester City had a group of young players coming through they all rated...

Michael Johnson, Kasper Schemeichel, Vladimir Weiss, Stephen Ireland, Micah Richards, Nedam Onouha, Ched Evans, Daniel Sturridge.
There was a point when Kasper, Ireland, Johnson, Richards & Onouha was all involved & Sturridge & Evan s were on the periphery due to age & injury.
They raved about Manchester's City's academy because they've always had a good number of players coming through.. Off the top of my head we think of Barton & SWP.

What happens when Manchester City start competing at a higher level & with more resources. Right now they have Guidetti scoring untold amount of goals in Holland. So my question is this... Is the Manchester City academy now worse because the 1st team has become more competitive, making it harder for talents to make it into that team?

Now when Manchester United lose Guiseppe Rossi & Pique who played together & they go on to star in Spain, do you say to the people at United's academy they're rubbish at spotting talent? No, it's not easy to incorporate talents & actually that's not the academies job.
The academies job is to train players & identify worldwide talent to incorporate in the system. Now the club gets 1st picking of these players, but, if they choose not to use them & they star elsewhere, it doesn't reflect badly on the academy.

It's the 1st team that management that it reflects badly on. Now in terms of Pogba, this season against Blackburn I remember that Rafael Da Silva was used in central midfield. There have also been numerous occasions when Phil Jones have been deployed in midfield & beyond that he brought Scholes back out of retirement to play inn midfield again.

At the top of the season Ferguson knew Pogba's contract situation & even said, "If I don't play him, then what will happen? He'll leave."
I think fans are so naive, someone that they don't want to leave goes & it's ALWAYS supposed to be down to greed. If it's not the players greed, it's the agents greed.

Take Ravel Morrison, United didn't even offer him a new contract, Ferguson took the decision to do the best thing for Ravel & that was to help him get out of Manchester, Manchester United knock back £4m from Newcastle because it was up north & too close to home, he knows too many bad eggs in that area. He went to West Ham for about 500k, only on 15k. What did United fans say... "Greed, bad agents advice".

It's not the case & it's not the case for Pogba either, Pogba only got 20k @ Juvé, Chelsea offered Pogba & his agent Raiola better terms.

Also when you talk about Barcelona's academy remember Guardiola was Barca B boss & changed their direction when he became manager.
Under Rijkaard this was a typical team.

Eto'o
Ronaldinho'o-------Messi
Xavi ---- Deco
Marquez
V.Bronchorst---------------Puyol
Edmilson Oleguer
Valdes

Was Barcelona's academy worse under Rijkaard or is it the managers willingness to incorporate them that's the difference.
Blaming an academy or saying it's shit or useless because the players didn't make it into the 1st team, I believe lacks understanding.

Dalglish like Guardiola worked in the academy before stepping up & I love that Kelly is playing, Spearing is used rather than importing a foreign squad player, Robinson's got air time, Shelvey was brought back to be part of the squad when they suffered an injury.

Ferguson as well, he has good technique in incorporating younger players, just Pogba didn't want to entertain his mind games.
In terms of pure academy products, going back to Scholes generation is desperate they came through years ago, but,
Welbeck has been at the club since 8, same as Larnell Cole, who I rate, I rate Will Keane & Tunnecliffe, who know's if they will make it.
Good academy United & Liverpool's shift to academy focus that started with Benitez & is coming along now is sure to reap benefits.

People also have to remember, that academies aren't microwaves that you can judge after a short period. This is the best period of La MAsia talent at Barca & Cruijff made changes TWENTY years ago

Scrappy123
7th March '12, 08:33 PM
smfh that better not be you Scrappy Star2D2

huh?:laugh:

Jstar
7th March '12, 08:40 PM

Their team isnt even old, they have Vidal and Marchisio in the middle of midfield. Pirlo aswell so I dont see how Pogba is going to get regular games there

Zoffie
7th March '12, 08:46 PM
Pirlo's not old? Juvé have a new mandate of youth Raiola negtiated the deal to get Pogba to a club where he believes he'd be a competitive member of the squad. Balotelli isn't particularly happy & not starting regularly as well according to Raiola.

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 08:48 PM
huh?:laugh:

lol sorry mate. Thought that you changed your name.

Nigel
7th March '12, 08:52 PM
United and Liverpools youth systems 15 oddyears ago >>>>>> nOw

Zoffie
7th March '12, 08:54 PM
No, it's just that they're getting better talent from abroad as it's more competitive than it was then. Before United was trying to be the best team in the country, now moreso in terms of quality they have to compete with football teams across Europe & it's raised the bar of the type of quality you need to be given a chance.

Hij
7th March '12, 08:57 PM
lol don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic or whatever, but this is poor.

No one can call Torres shit bros, you haven't watched most of his games, how he's been moved around the field and any other varying factors. Ignore the fact he hasn't scored much and cost 50 mill.
Yes, I was being sarcastic, you've already just said "I don't pay much attention to Liverpool" - so you're the last person I'm going to let pass judgement. I've never said Torres was shit, I've just revelled in him not scoring because I think he's a scumbag for leaving. I actually defended him in another thread where I pointed out all the assists he had made.

United and Liverpools youth systems 15 oddyears ago >>>>>> nOw
The way you summed up my whole argument in a sentence :(

no one even said that lul

Fucking hell your dense. You said 6 of the starting 11. That is over 50%. You said it. It's bollocks. You're a gobshite. Fuck off.

I cease arguing with typical Manchester United supporting bellends. Pristine, Jeff, Eric, come back, all is forgiven.

datnigganev
7th March '12, 08:57 PM
so Man U need central midfielders yet let their 2 most talented go without being given a chance? seen.

Scrappy123
7th March '12, 09:01 PM
Look at the bright side United fans.

The chances of you signing that CM you need in the summer has gone up now.

Big 45
7th March '12, 09:04 PM
Fucking hell your dense. You said 6 of the starting 11. That is over 50%. You said it. It's bollocks. You're a gobshite. Fuck off.

I cease arguing with typical Manchester United supporting bellends.

lol I never said that.

Typical liverpool scumbag making shit up as per usual.

I said United have 6 1st teamers who came through the academy, is that not true? you dumbshit :laugh:

FoundTheGif
7th March '12, 09:12 PM
Yes, I was being sarcastic, you've already just said "I don't pay much attention to Liverpool" - so you're the last person I'm going to let pass judgement. I've never said Torres was shit, I've just revelled in him not scoring because I think he's a scumbag for leaving. I actually defended him in another thread where I pointed out all the assists he had made.

I wasn't aiming the Torres point at you. I was trying to imply it's stupid to say unless you watch most of their games, and see every step they make or whatever that you can't judge them.

Hij
7th March '12, 09:14 PM
I wasn't aiming the Torres point at you. I was trying to imply it's stupid to say unless you watch most of their games, and see every step they make or whatever that you can't judge them.

Fair enough mate, I didn't realise.

Shower Posse
7th March '12, 09:23 PM
Pogba is a fuckin idiot

kilik
7th March '12, 09:38 PM
we offered him the same amount that juve have. his agent is getting 2mil though :dozey: why let a agent make profit off your back you idiot.

chris89
7th March '12, 09:42 PM
mans will be mad, how dare he leave Man Utd?

Hij
7th March '12, 09:44 PM

Zoffie
7th March '12, 10:12 PM
we offered him the same amount that juve have. his agent is getting 2mil though :dozey: why let a agent make profit off your back you idiot.

As I understand it, Pogba asked his agent to find him a new club, it didn't matter if you offered him the same terms

Tony Starks
7th March '12, 10:27 PM
United fans acting like Pogba was in their team, its a brave, bold move but he's doing what he feels is best for his career. Good luck to him

kilik
7th March '12, 10:31 PM
United fans acting like Pogba was in their team, its a brave, bold move but he's doing what he feels is best for his career. Good luck to him

the only reason he hasnt been brought through yet is because he wouldnt sign a new contract. no point giving a player exposure when he could leave at the end of the season for free.

Zoffie i thought it was common knowledge that its his agent that has been the driving force behind him leaving

7th March '12, 10:50 PM
:lol:

Zoffie
8th March '12, 12:45 AM
the only reason he hasnt been brought through yet is because he wouldnt sign a new contract. no point giving a player exposure when he could leave at the end of the season for free.

That doesn't make sense, if you don't to give him exposure, he's still going to leave any way. There is a point in playing him, because it could've got him to re-sign.

Zoffie i thought it was common knowledge that its his agent that has been the driving force behind him leaving

I don't know of that, it's natural when a player leaves a club & the fans don't want him to go they slander him & the agent & put it down to greed.
Players are not gormless & I'm sure he's had everyone at United try to convince him to stay.

If I were an agent & I had a young wonderkid on my books & I wanted to move him to land a payday despite him being at a great club & being happy there, then I'd know that...

One.... if it doesn't work out, I could face the sack.
(That's 5% of all of his future weekly earnings down the drain for just £2m)

Two... All my other clients will now think I am putting my money before their best interest & they will sack me.

Three... The club (United) will blacklist me, it's important that clubs respect agents, otherwise they wouln't want to do business with you
& they wouldn't accept your calls anymore.

Raiola isn't a fly by night guy that relies on Pogba, Mancini & Balotelli & I think Yaya are all clients.

Ferguson said at the top of the season, He has to play Pogba, if he doesn't play Pogba he knows he will leave.. that suggests this is about playing time.

In the mean time this season he has played Rafael in midfield against Blackburn, played Phil Jones in midfield numerous times & brought Paul Scholes back from retirement.

Pristine Condition
8th March '12, 12:47 AM

Rosicky

judgeyboy
8th March '12, 01:11 AM

His loss tbh

woah.gif

Shower Posse
8th March '12, 06:01 AM
Tbh doe if I was Pogba and saw scholes getting brought out if retirement to play the position I do it will make me double think

I am just pissed both Pogba and Morrison both left in the same season. Morrison not so much, hopefully Petrucci isn't to affected by the injury he just recovered from because we really need some creativity in midfield for next season

chris89
23rd May '12, 12:15 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7773096/Juve-set-to-seal-Pogba-swoop

I thought he signed a new contract though? The Wet Dog

Mr. Jefferies
23rd May '12, 12:17 PM
No, he was off ages ago.

Fergie confirmed it in a speech at the player of the year awards.

Jack 1017
23rd May '12, 01:29 PM
Dont worry Man U bros he will end up like Fran Merida