PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Football 14-02-2012

Sean
14th February '12, 04:35 PM
Odds to follow

BIGDON

Mr. Jefferies
14th February '12, 07:09 PM
Would bet on Lyon but that'd mean I'd have to watch their game and that's not happening with Bayern vs Barca also on. The big games in the CL are here now.

Will wait to see the latest on Iniesta before betting though.

MoneyMan
14th February '12, 07:18 PM
It's fucking weird not having United in the draw. Even though it's just one big team out, it seems like the whole competition is shit now lol. I couldn't see beyond Barca or Real for this years trophy, but I definitely can't now. Who the fuck else can test them? Bayern maybe, but I doubt it.

inb4Barcaloseagain

Mr. Jefferies this is actually scary, I just realised again Iniesta didn't play - again they lost :stunned:

Please don't tell me EVERY game they've dropped points, he's been out? Surely he's been in a couple as well?

Mr. Jefferies
14th February '12, 07:38 PM
It's fucking weird not having United in the draw. Even though it's just one big team out, it seems like the whole competition is shit now lol. I couldn't see beyond Barca or Real for this years trophy, but I definitely can't now. Who the fuck else can test them? Bayern maybe, but I doubt it.

inb4Barcaloseagain

Mr. Jefferies this is actually scary, I just realised again Iniesta didn't play - again they lost :stunned:

Please don't tell me EVERY game they've dropped points, he's been out? Surely he's been in a couple as well?

Na it's every game, seriously. This is why I've been trying to get statistics on Barca with/without Iniesta in 2011/12 to make sure I'm right. All their wins in the league were the games he played in, all of their draws and losses were games he missed. Not sure on cup games as I think IIRC they beat APOEL away from home in the group stages of the CL, they had a young team out (first time I saw Thiago play I think), Messi got a hat-trick (one was a penalty) but there might have been some even in cup games where he didn't play and they drew or lost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_FC_Barcelona_season

Can't be arsed to dig up any more but they've drawn twice in the league where Iniesta played but both their losses were games he missed.

Barca don't penetrate teams as much when he's missing, they don't seem to be able to break through the defence.

Hutch
14th February '12, 08:08 PM
Leverkusen: Leno; Corluka, Schwaab, Friedrich, Kadlec; Rolfes, Reinartz, Bender (lol); Renato Augusto, Castro; Schurrle

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Abidal; Fabregas, Iniesta, Busquets; Adriano, Messi, Alexis

Julio Cesar
14th February '12, 08:14 PM
Leverkusen: Leno; Corluka, Schwaab, Friedrich, Kadlec; Rolfes, Reinartz, Bender (lol); Renato Augusto, Castro; Schurrle

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Abidal; Fabregas, Iniesta, Busquets; Adriano, Messi, Alexis
Not the best defence from Barca, no Xavi either.

FoundTheGif
14th February '12, 08:17 PM
They're going to have to rest Messi sooner or later.

Hutch
14th February '12, 08:18 PM
Mascherano >>>>>

I'd be very surprised if Barca don't win this with that 11.

Mr. Jefferies
14th February '12, 08:23 PM
They're going to have to rest Messi sooner or later.

They rested him in the last group games and the Spanish cup. Plus they have winter breaks.

Barca will take this.

V.I.PERSTAR
14th February '12, 08:25 PM
Can't see past Barcelona but you never know with the Champions League so gonna put a cheeky bet on Leverkusen.

Would bet on Lyon but that'd mean I'd have to watch their game and that's not happening with Bayern vs Barca also on. The big games in the CL are here now.

Will wait to see the latest on Iniesta before betting though.

Bayer*

Mr. Jefferies
14th February '12, 08:25 PM

Genuine laugh out loud moment. Wouldn't have clocked if it weren't for your comment.

Can't see past Barcelona but you never know with the Champions League so gonna put a cheeky bet on Leverkusen.

Bayer*

lol

Typo.

Hutch
14th February '12, 08:27 PM
Genuine laugh out loud moment. Wouldn't have clocked if it weren't for your comment.

I think he scored in the last round as well. I remember laughing when I saw the goal alert come up during another match lol.

FoundTheGif
14th February '12, 08:28 PM
Did you know? Lars Bender has a twin brother, named Sven Bender that plays for Borussia Dortmund?

That's a pretty decent career turnout tbf.

FoundTheGif
14th February '12, 09:05 PM
Is Pedro injured or something?

Hutch
14th February '12, 09:10 PM

I think he is yeh.

This game is boring as fuck I hate Barca matches.

Julio Cesar
14th February '12, 09:39 PM
Come on Leverkusen....

V.I.PERSTAR
14th February '12, 09:52 PM
1-1 gwan Leverkusen

Julio Cesar
14th February '12, 09:52 PM
1-1 get in

Plak
14th February '12, 09:54 PM
Reckon Barca will win the CL as they don't have a hope in hell of winning the league now.
Still no team has ever won the CL twice in a row..

Julio Cesar
14th February '12, 09:56 PM
oh fuck off sanchez

Hutch
el oh oh oh el

2-1 Sanchez

Good goal

V.I.PERSTAR
that didn't last long 2-1 Sanchez again.

Julio Cesar
14th February '12, 10:01 PM
Thiago on for Iniesta

Hutch
14th February '12, 10:10 PM

Pedro was sub I didn't realise, he was injured recently tho :pinkface:

Julio Cesar
14th February '12, 10:13 PM
Leverkusen's keeper is dodgy

What a goal that would have been

Hutch
14th February '12, 10:25 PM
When the ref gives a free kick for that shoulder to shoulder challenge you know football is turning into a joke

Julio Cesar
14th February '12, 10:29 PM
3-1

Sick cross

Mr. Jefferies
14th February '12, 10:32 PM
I like that Messi stayed up there. Great pass too.

BIGLEE
14th February '12, 10:34 PM
messi>>