PDA

View Full Version : Fabio Capello resigns as England manager

BIGDON
8th February '12, 08:26 PM
The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England Manager.

This follows a meeting involving FA Chairman David Bernstein, FA General Secretary Alex Horne and Fabio Capello at Wembley Stadium.

The discussions focused on The FA Board’s decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capello’s response through an Italian broadcast interview.

In a meeting for over an hour, Fabio’s resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England Manager with immediate effect.

David Bernstein said: “I would like to stress that during today’s meeting and throughout his time as England Manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner. We have accepted Fabio’s resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future.”

A media conference with David Bernstein and the Club England Management team will take place at Wembley on Thursday at 12 noon.

The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference.

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/080212.aspx

MoneyMan
8th February '12, 08:27 PM
*mandess*

Harry getting acquitted and Fabio quitting both at the same time.............

hmmmmm.....................

Big up Bigdon breaking this story 3 minutes before the official BBC website as well lol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chris89
8th February '12, 08:28 PM
it's true, cool england career fabio

Arkan
8th February '12, 08:29 PM
lol, was always on the cards though with his backing for terry and the FA going behind his back pretty much.

Whos in for the Euro's though?

Probably Redknapp, the tax dodging (whatever the jury says) wheeler dealer cunt.
I just hope to hell they dont choose pardew, i can see them doing it.

My choice would be Stuart Pearce but im sure hes said in the past he wouldnt take the job

Burden Durden
8th February '12, 08:29 PM
Lol for spurs

BIGDON
8th February '12, 08:30 PM
inb4bigSam

GrimmyGrimGrim
8th February '12, 08:31 PM
Spuds are pissed

NSF
8th February '12, 08:33 PM
Smh not exactly the perfect timing tbh. The FA <<<<<<

chris89
8th February '12, 08:33 PM
inb4JThatebandwagonagain

cool decision FA :laugh:

MoneyMan
8th February '12, 08:34 PM
inb4JThatebandwagonagain

cool decision FA :laugh:

inb4ClaudioRanierinextEnglandmanagerandTerrygivenc aptaincyback

BIGDON
8th February '12, 08:36 PM
John Terry for player manager

JamieQpr

chris89
8th February '12, 08:36 PM

JamieQpr

GrimmyGrimGrim
8th February '12, 08:37 PM
loool

PLAYER. MANAGER. CAPTAIN. LEADER. LEGEND.

kilik
would like redknapp to stay at tottenham tbh. hes done alot there.

the fa did say before that the next manager after capello would be english right?

NSF
I dont get why all the media want Redknapp as the England manager, if that pie faced cunt takes over then <<<<<<<

EA
*mandess*

Harry getting acquitted and Fabio quitting both at the same time.............

hmmmmm.....................

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/305/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Nah but seriously I reckon Redknapp is next in line. The national team needs a fackin' football manaja!

Arkan
8th February '12, 08:38 PM
Lol for spurs

nah i think he would do both jobs atleast until after the Euro's

much like keegan did when he was managing fulham (when there were in division 1 aka championship)

Hutch
8th February '12, 08:39 PM
The FA are a joke.
Capello not backing down and being a puppet >>>>>> Respect him for resigning tbh.

JamieQpr

Would be a great decision.

j09
8th February '12, 08:41 PM
think hes took the job lol

quality
8th February '12, 08:42 PM
Don't take it Redknapp. You can't win in that job. Plus the best midfielder is injured.

Let O'Neill have it, and he can install the English kick and rush mentality.

Grimes
8th February '12, 08:44 PM
The Fa fucked this up jeez

england football lord

gonna have to deal with stuart pearce

BIGLEE
8th February '12, 08:44 PM
Hopefully arry leaves spuds.
Lock into talksport good discussion going on.

Grimes
8th February '12, 08:45 PM
john terry inadvertedly ruined england's chance

NSF
8th February '12, 08:46 PM
What the fucks so great about Redknapp anyway? the tax dodging pleb. Spurs havent won jack shit n/s and his greatest achievement is the FA Cup with Portsmouth smh.

quality
8th February '12, 08:48 PM
Lock into talksport good discussion going on.

Does not compute.

Hahahaha hopefully they go for Pearce.

Julio Cesar
8th February '12, 08:49 PM

JamieQpr
Protests would be made

Arkan
8th February '12, 08:49 PM
What the fucks so great about Redknapp anyway? the tax dodging pleb. Spurs havent won jack shit n/s and his greatest achievement is the FA Cup with Portsmouth smh.

i dont like him at all, but tbf he has done well with spurs since he's been there, and has made a good team out of them

Hutch
8th February '12, 08:50 PM
loool

PLAYER. MANAGER. CAPTAIN. LEADER. LEGEND.

Inshallah the FA make the right decision.

kilik
8th February '12, 08:51 PM

name a better english manager who should get the job then

NSF
8th February '12, 08:51 PM
name a better english manager who should get the job then

why does he have to be english? lol.

Inb4Warnock gets it.

Hutch
8th February '12, 08:52 PM
inb4Mourinho

Julio Cesar
The way how Terry still wont be captain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Arkan
FA have already said that they wont employ a foreigner atleast in the forseeable future

NSF
8th February '12, 08:53 PM
i dont like him at all, but tbf he has done well with spurs since he's been there, and has made a good team out of them

Yeah he's got them playing well but thats not much if you dont win anything lol.

kilik
8th February '12, 08:54 PM
why does he have to be english? lol.

Inb4Warnock gets it.

the fa said it will be english. tbh unless its mourinho or hiddink i dont want a foreigner

Grimes
8th February '12, 08:55 PM
mistakes FA have made

1. keeping capello on after the world cup
2. Let Capello reinstate john terry

Arsene would be fantastic for england tbh

Burden Durden
8th February '12, 08:56 PM
England wernt gonna win shit with Capello as the manager anyway. His decision making is terrible.

Julio Cesar
8th February '12, 08:57 PM
Will be Pearce for the Euro's and then Redknapp after

NSF
8th February '12, 08:57 PM
the fa said it will be english. tbh unless its mourinho or hiddink i dont want a foreigner

Yeah i know theyve said that but i just dont understand why they are so adament he has to be english, would they turn down Mourinho if he applied for it because he wasnt english? knowing the FA they probably would.

Parrr
8th February '12, 08:58 PM
James Corden's time to shine

Plak
8th February '12, 09:00 PM
Yeah he's got them playing well but thats not much if you dont win anything lol.

Can you confirm you will be calling your next manager's achievements "not much" if he gets you promoted in second and then secures a mid-table finish for Leeds then? As he won't have won anything after all...

Also I don't think any manager in the world would take a national job while they have a respected team in one of the best leagues in third place and nailed on for a CL finish.
Except Harry Redknapp defies logic.

Xtra P
8th February '12, 09:00 PM
'arry will become England manager and Mourinho will become the spurs manager, its bait.

tippa
8th February '12, 09:01 PM
john terry fucking up the england team from every angle

quality of english managers is poor

NSF
8th February '12, 09:03 PM
Can you confirm you will be calling your next manager's achievements "not much" if he gets you promoted in second and then secures a mid-table finish for Leeds then? As he won't have won anything after all...
by not much i mean in relation to managing a national team and wanting to take them all the way to the final of a euro or world cup. I'd rather someone who had achieved success in cups etc. with league teams over someone whos only won an FA cup and got the job just cos he was english. Redknapp is a good manager, bit of a cunt, but i dont think he'd do well managing a national team.

Scrappy123
8th February '12, 09:05 PM
Good.

He can take his bumboy Terry with him.

Plak
8th February '12, 09:06 PM
by not much i mean in relation to managing a national team and wanting to take them all the way to the final of a euro or world cup. I'd rather someone who had achieved success in cups etc. with league teams over someone whos only won an FA cup and got the job just cos he was english. Redknapp is a good manager, bit of a cunt, but i dont think he'd do well managing a national team.

Fair enough.
However no one will be a good match for the England job.

NSF
8th February '12, 09:08 PM
Fair enough.
However no one will be a good match for the England job.

the media fuck it up all the time anyway, does anyone know if the media in spain/italy/germany act like ours around international tournaments? lol.

Hutch
8th February '12, 09:10 PM
the media fuck it up all the time anyway, does anyone know if the media in spain/italy/germany act like ours around international tournaments? lol.

Nah no media is as bad as ours when it comes to the England team lol. It doesn't help that the FA listen to it all and crumble under any bit of pressure without thinking about the consequences.

Grimes
8th February '12, 09:12 PM
Nah no media is as bad as ours when it comes to the England team lol. It doesn't help that the FA listen to it all and crumble under any bit of pressure without thinking about the consequences.

true

but we can't blame the media for john terry having racial allegations against him

john terry should never been reinstalled as captain

the FA should never of renewed capello's contract before the euro's

Pirate
8th February '12, 09:18 PM
Fuck Fabio, Terry-fancying cunt

If Pardew becomes England manager then I want Mourinho for the Toon :laugh:

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 09:18 PM
EDIT - Alan Pardew with Trevor Brooking as assistant.

Hutch
8th February '12, 09:24 PM
true

but we can't blame the media for john terry having racial allegations against him

john terry should never been reinstalled as captain

the FA should never of renewed capello's contract before the euro's

Terry should have never had it taken away in the first place tho, what has his personal affair got to do with football lol. Bridge didn't even go to the World cup it was a terrible decision. That was a prime example of the FA listening to the media.
Capello knows that JT is the best captain we have and as the manager, he has the right to make anyone captain. If any players had a problem with it then they could have spoke to the FA or something, I'd understand them removing it if players are complaining. You don't see any Chelsea players complaining about him being captain tho.

I agree about the Capello contract, stupid decision.

Pirate
8th February '12, 09:26 PM
the FA CAN CONFIRM...

GF has blown...

Hij
8th February '12, 09:28 PM
john terry fucking up the england team from every angle

quality of english managers is poor

Taking the England team for Wayne Bridge's wife

Plak
8th February '12, 09:43 PM

Spain's media is worse than ours in terms of clubs, believe they all support the NT though.
Italy's media is quite conservative and doesn't have tabs running the show, Gazetta Della Sport is their main sports newspaper and I doubt it shits on the NT/manager before.
Germany? No way, they actually have a sense of national identity.

Matt91
8th February '12, 09:44 PM

I ask myself the same question every tournament year, it's pretty obvious they want us to fail as they love a scapegoat, the tabloids are scum bags

I'm hoping Danny boys got something in Harry's contract which prevents him leaving to manage England, especially after how we've helped with his trial but it wouldn't suprise me.

I'd prefer Mike Bassett to be England manager, it's the only way we'll succeed.

Plak
8th February '12, 09:45 PM
'arry will become England manager and Mourinho will become the spurs manager, its bait.

Only think this will happen if it's at the end of the season and Mourinho wins either the league (looking likely) or the CL as he will not want to leave Real after 3 years with only a Copa Del Ray to his name.
However can see it happening as well.
I reckon Pearce to become manager until after the Euros and then Harry will probably take over after that.

Hij
8th February '12, 09:45 PM
Please.

Please put Roy Hodgson in charge.

quality
8th February '12, 09:46 PM
Yes the media build England up.

But no one forces the players to come out with the shit they do, then turn in the most turgid performances ever seen. The media didn't let an easy goal in vs USA and barely score in the group stages. The media didn't watch the ball come over their heads to let Germany score. Etc.

Plak
8th February '12, 09:51 PM
Harry would get England playing good football IMO, but the top 6 in the table atm are probably better sides than England when both are fully fit.

Hij
8th February '12, 09:54 PM
Come on Patrick Barclay, Henry Winter and Oliver Holt and all you other reckless gobshites. Hodgson for England. He was perfect for Liverpool, you lavished the praise upon this man, who would surely be the man to "guide us through the storm" and "steady the ship". If he was perfect for us, he's perfect for your precious England.

I expect to see the articles in favour of him from tomorrow, but there won't be :laugh:

No coach, no captain and 4 months till the tournament lululu

quality
8th February '12, 09:55 PM
Bring back McClaren.

Matt91
8th February '12, 09:57 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, MIKE BASSETT ENGLAND MANAGER 2K12!!111!!

Hij
8th February '12, 10:14 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, MIKE BASSETT ENGLAND MANAGER 2K12!!111!!
Repped for the hilarious film

When they do three cheers for the Mexicans after losing to them >>>>>>>>>>>

UpWUaRtZ-JU

"I tell you wha' If that Ramirez doesn't win player of the tournament then it will be a crying shame"

Kartel
8th February '12, 10:23 PM
Capello didn't do shit in the first place

Hij
8th February '12, 10:27 PM
Apart from have a 67% win record, the best ever for and England manager :laugh:

Plak
8th February '12, 10:30 PM
Apart from have a 67% win record, the best ever for and England manager :laugh:

All very well playing against the Kazakhstans and Andorras of the world, but when it comes down to it he was any Sven at the World cup and would have repeated winning sweet fuck all in the Euros.

Hij
8th February '12, 10:32 PM
All very well playing against the Kazakhstans and Andorras of the world, but when it comes down to it he was any Sven at the World cup and would have repeated winning sweet fuck all in the Euros.

Yes because it's all to do with the manager and not the dirge of players we have, who continually fuck up at every tournament I've ever watched in my life, ever.

I'll start with one of the clichés that will come out loads in the next few days. Harry Redknapp "Will get us playing football"

The way Capello now has such a shit reputation after managing for England, it truly isn't the holy grail, it's a death trap.

I'm with quality on this one - Harry shouldn't touch it with a fucking barge pole.

Plak
8th February '12, 10:37 PM
Yes because it's all to do with the manager and not the dirge of players we have, who continually fuck up at every tournament I've ever watched in my life, ever.

I'll start with one of the clichés that will come out loads in the next few days. Harry Redknapp "Will get us playing football"

The way Capello now has such a shit reputation after managing for England, it truly isn't the holy grail, it's a death trap.

I'm with quality on this one - Harry shouldn't touch it with a fucking barge pole.
I don't think Harry would be any better a fit than Capello, in fact I don't think anyone would.
Fact is we have to lower our expectations as a nation over the next four years to just giving a good showing in tournaments, fuck all this bollocks about winning anything, with the England players we currently have, we won't be taking home silverware.

Shower Posse
8th February '12, 10:46 PM
Typical F.A
Capello changed the formation
Dropped Lampard/Gerrard combination
Had England playing solid football

Apart from the hiccup at the World Cup he has done a very very good job
And the FA go and fuck it up
England is getting knocked out with no points in the Euros

Matt91
8th February '12, 10:58 PM
tbh youve gotta be a fucking mad man or brave to take this job lol

Plak
8th February '12, 10:59 PM
Typical F.A
Capello changed the formation
Dropped Lampard/Gerrard combination
Had England playing solid football

Apart from the hiccup at the World Cup he has done a very very good job
And the FA go and fuck it up
England is getting knocked out with no points in the Euros
This could and probably will happen tbh.
Wilshere shouldn't go, not because of his ability but because we have seen what taking injured or injury-prone players (King, Lennon and Rooney to WC2010) does. Bearing in mind this leaves us with, most likely, Parker, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner and Barry to take, there is no way we will get past the QF frankly. There is no spark in the team. We cannot even play like a highly functional side because the distribution is so poor.

Bish
8th February '12, 11:04 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/f9jxgp.jpg

quality
8th February '12, 11:06 PM
Capello clearly wanted out, as I can't see why he'd show so much loyalty to someone who tried to organise a coup against him in 2010.

For whoever called him 'any Sven', not true - in hindsight, Sven was the best of any post Venables managers. Shit, at least he reached the QFs...

Capello is a fantastic club manager, terrible England manager. Probably the best manager the FA ever recruited, but clearly didn't pan out (some of which endemic English football failures, other parts Capello fucked up as well)

EA
8th February '12, 11:10 PM
tbh youve gotta be a fucking mad man or brave to take this job lol

The England job is career suicide. Look at McClaren lol.

Shower Posse
8th February '12, 11:12 PM
Capello clearly wanted out, as I can't see why he'd show so much loyalty to someone who tried to organise a coup against him in 2010.

For whoever called him 'any Sven', not true - in hindsight, Sven was the best of any post Venables managers. Shit, at least he reached the QFs...

Capello is a fantastic club manager, terrible England manager. Probably the best manager the FA ever recruited, but clearly didn't pan out (some of which endemic English football failures, other parts Capello fucked up as well)

How was he TERRIBLE england manager thou
Excluding that disastrous WC...which we qualified with the most points for in the whole of Europe and were also top scorers and I swear Rooney was tied leading scorer( not sure)
The best win/loss ratio for any England Manager ever
I actually thought England were going to quite well this year

Good Luck to the lucky person that gets this post

Plak
8th February '12, 11:15 PM
Excluding that disastrous WC...which we qualified with the most points for in the whole of Europe and were also top scorers and I swear Rooney was tied leading scorer( not sure)

Every manager for England post-Sven, unless they win the cup/get to the Semis at least, will be considered "terrible", it is the way our media works.
Does not help that our youth production is dire in comparison with Spain and Germany.
Germany will probably win the Euros tbh. Will watch England until we drop out still.

quality
8th February '12, 11:16 PM

Finishing 2nd in that group was terrible. The performances at that world cup were terrible.

If you thought England were going to do well at this Euros... We'll agree to disagree.

Matt91
8th February '12, 11:17 PM
I've sent my Football Manager CV in, wish me luck guize!

I took England to the finals in FM11 and that was with a 34 & 37 y/o Gerrard & Lampard but we lost in extra time :sad:

Shower Posse
8th February '12, 11:21 PM
I just think as nation we expect England to perform way above what we are capable of doing

Especially with the players at our disposal .....

Plak
8th February '12, 11:24 PM
Lol some cunt just screamed "Redknapp for England" as he left the set of SSN.
Will happen. The media will have their way as usual.

I've sent my Football Manager CV in, wish me luck guize!

I took England to the finals in FM11 and that was with a 34 & 37 y/o Gerrard & Lampard but we lost in extra time :sad:

I won WC2018 with England on FM10 playing with a 34 y/o Rooney, beat Colombia after progressing from a Q/F of Brazil and a S/F of Argentina.

Matt91
8th February '12, 11:25 PM
Lol some cunt just screamed "Redknapp for England" as he left the set of SSN.
Will happen. The media will have their way as usual.

I won WC2018 with England on FM10 playing with a 34 y/o Rooney, beat Colombia after progressing from a Q/F of Brazil and a S/F of Argentina.

beat cameroon, uruguay, brazil & lost to spain

Plak
8th February '12, 11:27 PM
beat cameroon, uruguay, brazil & lost to spain

TBH we need to find some yout called Jak Collier as that boy ran my midfield>>>
But yeah you're welcome to the job mate best of luck

Hij
8th February '12, 11:31 PM
Finishing 2nd in that group was terrible. The performances at that world cup were terrible.

If you thought England were going to do well at this Euros... We'll agree to disagree.

Equally I don't see Harry Redknapp coming in with his cape on and doing much either.

I could eat my words though and for once I probably wouldn't mind so much.

Matt91
8th February '12, 11:33 PM
all these cunt players coming out and saying we want harry, fuckin rooney u pube haired scouse inbred, does this not constitute as tapping up?

I hope they offer it to Brendan Rogers as Swansea seem to be the flavour of the month lately or Pardew, ideally John Motson would be brilliant with David Pleat as his assistant

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 11:34 PM
Whoever it is, please for the love of God take youngsters and have the balls to play them.

BIGDON
8th February '12, 11:36 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img738/3637/3nxylw.jpg

Plak
all these cunt players coming out and saying we want harry, fuckin rooney u pube haired scouse inbred, does this not constitute as tapping up?

I hope they offer it to Brendan Rogers as Swansea seem to be the flavour of the month lately or Pardew, ideally John Motson would be brilliant with David Pleat as his assistant

:laugh:

BIGDON
David Gold DavidGoldWHU
I meet Fabio Capello a number of times and on one occasions sat next to him through a match it's was impossible to hold a conversation DG

Plak

Shower Posse
8th February '12, 11:38 PM
If Redknapp leaves doe

Spurs are pissed:laugh::laugh:

I know a couple of my Arsenal peeps will be popping bottles

:drinks:

Matt91
8th February '12, 11:38 PM
i have this feeling all too similar to the berbatov and modric tfr sagas lol

MoneyMan
8th February '12, 11:40 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/f9jxgp.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hij
8th February '12, 11:41 PM
I love how in England we feel like we're the only team trying to win it

Matt91
8th February '12, 11:42 PM
SkySportsMobile Sky Sports Mobile
Roy #Keane on #Rooney backing #Redknapp: "Wayne should keep his nose out of it, he didn't do enough on the pitch when #Capello was manager."

Keane>>>

NSF
8th February '12, 11:44 PM
SkySportsMobile Sky Sports Mobile
Roy #Keane on #Rooney backing #Redknapp: "Wayne should keep his nose out of it, he didn't do enough on the pitch when #Capello was manager."

Keane>>>Looooooool Roy freeing the realness >>>>>>

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 11:44 PM
Anyone else think Keane has turned into a right moody cunt since retiring? Not to say he's not right here, just seems like a cunt these days.

EA
8th February '12, 11:46 PM
Looooooool Roy freeing the realness >>>>>>

Rooney is a real bitch sometimes.

FoundTheGif
8th February '12, 11:52 PM
Anyone else think Keane has turned into a right moody cunt since retiring? Not to say he's not right here, just seems like a cunt these days.

I agree.

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 11:55 PM
I agree.

IMHwCbbG6WY

This whole interview.

Scrappy123
8th February '12, 11:57 PM

He has.......

But he comes up with some of the sickest put downs now.

"City can feel proud all they want....they are still out"

MoneyMan
8th February '12, 11:58 PM

Wasn't he always?

lol, Rooney is acting like a saint these days. Because he's famous and just intelligent enough to string together 140 reasonably coherent characters, he thinks people want to listen and that he DESERVES his opinion to be listened to :dozey:

Fuck off, score successive hat tricks versus Italy, France, Spain, Holland and Germany, let me fuck your wife, then break your leg in the Euro Final so you're out for the United season - THEN I might like you.

Eric Cantona
8th February '12, 11:59 PM
IMHwCbbG6WY

This whole interview.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

kilik
9th February '12, 12:02 AM

most people who dont support man utd thought he was a cunt as a player :laugh:

Hij
9th February '12, 12:09 AM
Keane don't fuck about

Jstar
9th February '12, 12:17 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AlKG9xjCEAEaq6c.jpg:large

FoundTheGif
9th February '12, 12:20 AM
Sounds bitter any time he talks about United.

Kartel
9th February '12, 12:24 AM
Whoever it is, please for the love of God take youngsters and have the balls to play them.

tbh.

Shower Posse
9th February '12, 12:28 AM
Keane as pundit needs to happen

Hutch
9th February '12, 12:38 AM
Ignore the video title, uploader is a fucking moron.

eOTnD-kamPI

Plak
9th February '12, 12:41 AM

eOTnD-kamPI

Mistaking nationalism for racism<<<<<
Guy is still an air chatting cunt though doesn't matter what nationality the coach is we will still underperform at every tournament that is England's way.

Hij
9th February '12, 12:49 AM
British Media circa 2000

"Kevin Keegan is a clown, he too English, what we need is a canny furran manager with tacticks and fourmayshun and wotnot"

British Media circa 2006

"Sven is also a clown, he too furran, what we need is a caring Ingurlish manager with arm round the shoulder skillz, playing with a smile and wotnot"

British Media circa 2007

"McClaren is a buffoon, he too English and dumb, what we need is a canny furran manager with tacticks and winning skillz and wotnot"

British Media circa 2012

"Capello is also a buffoon, he too furran, what we need is a funny Ingurlish manager, a barely literate tax dodger with good ingurlish skillz to get them playing with smiles and wotnot"

eOTnD-kamPI

He won't be the only one mate. The hilarious irony is that the xenophobia in the press will be top notch for the next few days :laugh:

I agree with having an English manager, but he's treading on tiptoes there lol.

Hutch
9th February '12, 12:50 AM
Mistaking nationalism for racism<<<<<
Guy is still an air chatting cunt though doesn't matter what nationality the coach is we will still underperform at every tournament that is England's way.

c/s

I just saw it on SSN and lol'd, I knew some cunt would have upped it to youtube already.

Hij
9th February '12, 12:50 AM
Also

inb4 "Harry Redknapp didn't have enough time" after we fail to get past the quarters in summer

Rambo
9th February '12, 12:52 AM
British Media circa 2000

"Kevin Keegan is a clown, he too English, what we need is a canny furran manager with tacticks and fourmayshun and wotnot"

British Media circa 2006

"Sven is also a clown, he too furran, what we need is a caring Ingurlish manager with arm round the shoulder skillz, playing with a smile and wotnot"

British Media circa 2007

"McClaren is a buffoon, he too English and dumb, what we need is a canny furran manager with tacticks and winning skillz and wotnot"

British Media circa 2012

"Capello is also a buffoon, he too furran, what we need is a funny Ingurlish manager, a barely literate tax dodger with good ingurlish skillz to get them playing with smiles and wotnot"

He won't be the only one mate. The hilarious irony is that the xenophobia in the press will be top notch for the next few days :laugh:

. its crazy mate.. the simple fact is england are not good enough to win a major tournament

Hij
9th February '12, 12:54 AM
. its crazy mate.. the simple fact is england are not good enough to win a major tournament
There it is.

Like I always think every 2 years, it's as if our country don't realise that the ​other teams want to win it as well

Plak
9th February '12, 12:56 AM
Watch Germany and Spain monopolise the Euros with Brazil added to that list for the World Cup and see where the media are in 10 years time.
But they'll still be harping on about us winning WC2022.

Hij
9th February '12, 12:58 AM
Apparently Marcotti said that Capello didn't say "He's my captain whatever happens" and effectively up yours.

Matt91
9th February '12, 12:59 AM
what a birthday mr levy's having lol - his manager dodges jail time but can't dodge the FA's scrawny bandwagon hands - just get in Hiddink and leave it be plz

Hij
9th February '12, 12:59 AM
Post-South Africa Record:

Played: 14
Won: 9
Drew: 4
Lost: 1 (vs France)
Goals For: 25
Goals Against: 10
Clean Sheets: 7
Losses in 2011: 0

chris89
9th February '12, 01:03 AM
can confirm a young england starting 11 could get to the semi's of the euros with a decent manager in charge.

where's the faith lads!?

NSF
9th February '12, 01:11 AM
I actually do think we've got good enough players just they never seem to play like they can be bothered when it comes to tournaments.

Plak
9th February '12, 01:12 AM
Badness should be England manager.
"n up front, Lizzyberf, Devlin/Devilman you in goal san"

Matt91
9th February '12, 01:12 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_magazine_big_picture/HarryRedknappSpacebook080212.JPG

Plak
9th February '12, 01:13 AM
can confirm a young england starting 11 could get to the semi's of the euros with a decent manager in charge.

where's the faith lads!?

Name the XI still.

Big 45
9th February '12, 01:20 AM
Aslong as the right squad is picked I got faith we can do well this year, we've got enough sick players....

nortside
9th February '12, 01:40 AM
Don't matter who the manager is, cos when all these overhyped players get together and their technique get's shown up the manager will get blamed again. Repeat the same story for the next manager afterwards

British Media circa 2000

British Media circa 2006

British Media circa 2007

British Media circa 2012

realest fucking post

england are pure gasssssss:angry:

where's the faith lads!?

they weren't young at all mate

seamen

g neville adams southgate

platt ince gascoigne mcmananaman

shearer sheringham

I can't even member the other player

either way teams at home always do well. look at south korea

GrimmyGrimGrim
9th February '12, 02:54 AM
he said a young team could do this time, not last time lol

-----------------Hart----------------

Richards -Cahill- Jones- Bertrand/Gibbs

----------- Cleverly --------------

Oxlade/Walcott-------A.Johnson/Lennon

-----------Wilshire ---------

---Sturridge -- Wellbeck ----

subs: Walker, Walcott, Rodwell, Josh McE, Carrol, Henderson, Milner

AJNorthEast
9th February '12, 05:40 AM
too much hype around england

Spain Germany and the new generation of Brazilians will destroy euros & THE NEXT WORLD CUP

EDIT: missed the end of my sentance off lol.

FoundTheGif
9th February '12, 05:51 AM

Spain Germany and the new generation of Brazilians will destroy euros

Jstar
9th February '12, 08:54 AM
Lol @ people saying good riddance to Capello going. We have just lost one of the best English managers of recent years (All time actually, he has a very good record). People talk about him not bringing in young players, yet Joe Hart, Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Jack Rodwell, Danny Wellbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Chris Smalling, Jack Wilshere, Matt Jarvis and Andy Caroll all received their first England caps under Capello.He was slowly and surely bringing a better organised and positionally aware England team through. People are quickly forgetting the 1-0 win to Spain. Do you think any past managers or Redknapp himself could habe bee able to do that?

Have to rate Capello for sticking to his guns and not backing down. I would actually like to see Guus Hiddink, but it will probably be Redknapp or Pearce :dead:

tippa
9th February '12, 09:15 AM

Spain Germany and the new generation of Brazilians will destroy euros

:laugh::laugh:

NSF
9th February '12, 09:47 AM
Lol @ people saying good riddance to Capello going. We have just lost one of the best English managers of recent years (All time actually, he has a very good record). People talk about him not bringing in young players, yet Joe Hart, Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Jack Rodwell, Danny Wellbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Chris Smalling, Jack Wilshere, Matt Jarvis and Andy Caroll all received their first England caps under Capello.He was slowly and surely bringing a better organised and positionally aware England team through. People are quickly forgetting the 1-0 win to Spain. Do you think any past managers or Redknapp himself could habe bee able to do that?

Have to rate Capello for sticking to his guns and not backing down. I would actually like to see Guus Hiddink, but it will probably be Redknapp or Pearce :dead:

He fucked up at the world cup but the players were at fault aswell. Since then he's improved the way they play a lot.

quality
9th February '12, 09:58 AM
Alan Shearer as manager. He always knows what he's talking about #passion

quality
9th February '12, 10:20 AM
The 1-0 to Spain was a fluke in a friendly. Anyone saying it was down to managerial genius is nuts.

See if England, under any manager, can get a result against a top 10 team in the knock out stages.

The.Z
9th February '12, 11:19 AM
England will never win anything even with a manager from the moon.

quality
9th February '12, 11:33 AM
England will never win anything even with a manager from the moon.

He wouldn't understand the English game.

nortside
9th February '12, 11:38 AM

lol yeah just clocked:laugh:

either way they won't

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 11:48 AM
We wont win the euros, use them to give the youngsters big game experience and prepare for the world cup.

Hart
Richards
Cahill
Jones
Cole
Ox
Wilshere
Gerrard
Johnson
Rooney
Welbeck/Sturridge

^^ Keep some of the old guard, that would be my starting 11

Is Leon Britton English? That guy has impressed me greatly this season.
Edit: I said I wouldnt pick Ox, but circumstances have now changed and if im picking a squad to prepare for the world cup then the kid would be there.
Edit 2: Also I know I have kept 3 regulars, but we cant play all youngsters and getting taken for mugs.

Matt91
9th February '12, 11:52 AM
Who was the last top 10 team we beat ignoring Spain recently I have a feeling it's Argentina from 09 in Geneva

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 11:55 AM
Who was the last top 10 team we beat ignoring Spain recently I have a feeling it's Argentina from 09 in Geneva

Think you could be right, im struggling to think of any.

quality
9th February '12, 11:59 AM
How about the last top 10 team they beat in a tournament?

Argentina in 2002 group stages. Before that, Germany in Euro 2000 (knocked out of group stages after), Holland in group stages and Spain on penalties in 1996. That's what you're dealing with.

They're a quarter final team. End of.

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 12:02 PM
How about the last top 10 team they beat in a tournament?

Argentina in 2002 group stages. Before that, Germany in Euro 2000 (knocked out of group stages after), Holland in group stages and Spain on penalties in 1996. That's what you're dealing with.

Bring through the youngsters....prepare for the next world cup now, forget the old guard, it didnt work for them but the youngsters have huge potential.

quality
9th February '12, 12:08 PM
Bring through the youngsters....prepare for the next world cup now, forget the old guard, it didnt work for them but the youngsters have huge potential.

Another golden generation?

The 1996 team was a good side. And they couldn't even win on home soil.

Seaman, Pearce, Ince, Adams, Southgate, Platt, Gascoigne, Shearer, Sheringham, Anderton, McManaman.

Subs: Flowers, Barmby, Campbell, L Ferdinand, G Neville, Stone, Fowler, Walker.

Look at that team. And the bench, its madness.

tippa
9th February '12, 12:12 PM

They way england get hyped up for tournaments you'd think their brazil
something needs to be done about the media asap

quality
9th February '12, 12:25 PM

They way england get hyped up for tournaments you'd think their brazil
something needs to be done about the media asap

It's not just the media. Rational people just can't see this either.

And, at the same time, the media weren't responsible for the performances in the lead up in 2008 and in the World Cup 2010. England scored 2 goals in 3 games against the US, Algeria and Slovenia.

The players and managers are at fault to. It's just one massive fuck up, Redknapp should stay away (obviously I'm biased).

Jack 1017
9th February '12, 12:51 PM
Out of all the "top" national teams England are the only team to have their whole sqaud playing in the same league, I can confirm these man do not like each other. Maybe the younguns are cool but do you really expect Rooney to play at his best when JT is his captain l0l

England will stay shit, dont matter bout the manager or players imo

Prem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any other football league/tournament

Josh
9th February '12, 01:19 PM

Is anyone saying different?

We know we're shit mate.

quality
9th February '12, 01:21 PM
Josh

Stuff like this.

Aslong as the right squad is picked I got faith we can do well this year, we've got enough sick players....

People getting gassed about this next generation of players coming through... It won't change much.

Big 45
9th February '12, 01:27 PM
lol you lot are a bunch of miserable cunts.

I can confirm I will be wearing my England top with pride whilst sipping a pint at my local pub this summer.

Grimes
9th February '12, 01:30 PM
capello gave into the press and lost his bottle

he was only kept in the job after the world cup because the fa gave him a new contract (because inter wanted him)

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 01:30 PM
lol you lot are a bunch of miserable cunts.

I can confirm I will be wearing my England top with pride whilst sipping a pint at my local pub this summer.

Nah, dont get me wrong I will be wearing my shirt with pride and sipping countless pints while singing 3 lions and on the ball but were still shit lol.

RealOnRoad
9th February '12, 01:33 PM
Shouting EN-GER-LAND and then getting emotional when they lose stupidly is all part and parcel of the England experience. after the Euros The WC will be here before you know it.

Josh
9th February '12, 01:34 PM
Nah, dont get me wrong I will be wearing my shirt with pride and sipping countless pints while singing 3 lions and on the ball but were still shit lol.

c/s

bar the england shirt, i don't own one. i love england games especially tournament ones, the amount of pints that get sipped is emotional

Grimes
9th February '12, 01:35 PM
I don't see why england can't get to the semi's

quality
9th February '12, 01:50 PM
I don't see why england can't get to the semi's

Finish above France. If they do that, they'll get Italy.

Finish second, they'll get Spain.

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 02:12 PM
Finish above France. If they do that, they'll get Italy.

Finish second, they'll get Spain.

Italy are shit now man, I reckon we could spin them easily.

Jstar
9th February '12, 02:25 PM

Easily?

We couldnt even get past Algeria and USA at the World Cup bro l0l

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 02:46 PM
Easily?

We couldnt even get past Algeria and USA at the World Cup bro l0l

I wont mention who Italy failed to get past at the world cup

Arkan
9th February '12, 02:55 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419625_366704150007516_207968445881088_1421699_104 3700654_n.jpg

AJNorthEast
9th February '12, 02:57 PM
:laugh::laugh:

:evilgrin: Didn even think anyone would notice tbh

quality
9th February '12, 03:12 PM
Italy boast the best defensive record going into the finals. They were breached only twice – against Estonia and Serbia – in ten Group C fixtures, an average of 0.2 goals per game.

Qualifying form is largely irrelevant, but they're not shit. If you can't break Algeria down, you can't break Italy down.

And that still depends on finishing above France. Which will require beating France.

FoundTheGif
9th February '12, 04:29 PM

That midfield won't work. You have Cleverley playing in DM, and I'm pretty sure he can't play there well. May as well put Jones there and Smallling with Cahill.

Matt91
9th February '12, 04:48 PM
Out of all the "top" national teams England are the only team to have their whole sqaud playing in the same league, I can confirm these man do not like each other. Maybe the younguns are cool but do you really expect Rooney to play at his best when JT is his captain l0l

England will stay shit, dont matter bout the manager or players imo

Prem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any other football league/tournament

Italy 06 won WC all players in serie a

Shower Posse
9th February '12, 04:52 PM

I dont know what England you been watching

grimeis
9th February '12, 09:29 PM
We wont win the euros, use them to give the youngsters big game experience and prepare for the world cup.

The Fa should give the job to Stuart Pearce on a temporary basis. He's worked closely with Capello & the first team and obviously with the U21s. They should completely lower expectations for this tournament and see it as preparation for the Brazil world cup/ bedding in the younger players. The only players from the 'golden generation' that should in the squad are Ashley Cole & possibly Gerrard, that's it.

FoundTheGif
9th February '12, 09:46 PM
The Fa should give the job to Stuart Pearce on a temporary basis. He's worked closely with Capello & the first team and obviously with the U21s. They should completely lower expectations for this tournament and see it as preparation for the Brazil world cup/ bedding in the younger players. The only players from the 'golden generation' that should in the squad are Ashley Cole & possibly Gerrard, that's it.

Don't know if you watched the U21 euros but Stuart Pearce is fucking terrible, Picked a poor team at that tournament and if allowed to continue will do more damage then good.

quality
9th February '12, 11:29 PM
Don't know if you watched the U21 euros but Stuart Pearce is fucking terrible, Picked a poor at that tournament and if allowed to continue will do more damage then good.

Watch what this guy does at the Olympics. Fuck all.

samuell
9th February '12, 11:29 PM
Hate cappeli

grimeis
9th February '12, 11:38 PM
Don't know if you watched the U21 euros but Stuart Pearce is fucking terrible, Picked a poor at that tournament and if allowed to continue will do more damage then good.

Fair enough, tbh i didn't watch any of the U21 tournament in the summer but Pearce doesn't seem to be the most inspiring manager. It's more the idea of blooding the young players and getting rid of the deadwood who won't be involved in Brazil 2014.

FoundTheGif
9th February '12, 11:58 PM
Fair enough, tbh i didn't watch any of the U21 tournament in the summer but Pearce doesn't seem to be the most inspiring manager. It's more the idea of blooding the young players and getting rid of the deadwood who won't be involved in Brazil 2014.
He should never be the guy to manage any England squad. He truly is terrible. I reckon any deadwood is swept through by the time they reach U21 level, it's just a matter of seeing if they're up to that level if not.

grimeis
10th February '12, 12:48 AM
He should never be the guy to manage any England squad. He truly is terrible. I reckon any deadwood is swept through by the time they reach U21 level, it's just a matter of seeing if they're up to that level if not.

By deadwood i meant the 'golden generation' i.e ferdinand, terry, lampard etc their time's come and gone now at international level.

Triez
10th February '12, 12:53 AM
England did start to show some form under Capello tho...

They even managed to somehow beat Spain lol

Hij
10th February '12, 01:05 AM
England did start to show some form under Capello tho...

They even managed to somehow beat Spain lol

Fuck that. He's awful, useless, a failure, rubbish, crap, a disgrace
This is why England win fuck all.

Jay
10th February '12, 02:54 PM
Redknapp ruling himself out of a dual role.

NSF
10th February '12, 02:59 PM
Wil be interesting to see who the media blame when England fail to get out of the group stages since Redknapp can do no wrong in the media's eyes.

NE63
10th February '12, 03:12 PM
I wouldnt have Pearce as Englands manager. As great a player as he was, he hasnt been a tactical guru as a coach/manager. He even played David James as Striker for Man City FFS !!!!

EA
10th February '12, 03:32 PM
Expects to win every tournament...

Hasn't won anything since 1966.

Grimes
10th February '12, 05:16 PM
Expects to win every tournament...

Hasn't won anything since 1966.

spain won fuck all before the euro's

for a nation of england's size and prominence in european football i don't see why they shouldn't expect to be competitive

EA
10th February '12, 05:32 PM
spain won fuck all before the euro's

for a nation of england's size and prominence in european football i don't see why they shouldn't expect to be competitive

Competitive, yes. Dominative, no. The English media never say "we could do well", it's always "we should do well". IMO, given England's recent track record, it's ridiculous.

When Spain won the Euro's, their squad will filled with genuinely world class players. England's squad on the other hand, has arguably 2 world class players & the entire squad isn't exactly deep. Geographical size or the prominence of the club teams shouldn't have a role to play in expectations on an international level. Unless the prominent clubs are predominantly filled with players from that nation (i.e. Barcelona or Real Madrid).

Grimes
10th February '12, 05:48 PM
Competitive, yes. Dominative, no. The English media never say "we could do well", it's always "we should do well". IMO, given England's recent track record, it's ridiculous.

When Spain won the Euro's, their squad will filled with genuinely world class players. England's squad on the other hand, has arguably 2 world class players & the entire squad isn't exactly deep. Geographical size or the prominence of the club teams shouldn't have a role to play in expectations on an international level. Unless the prominent clubs are predominantly filled with players from that nation (i.e. Barcelona or Real Madrid).

that's gas tbh

before the euro which was before pep won the trebble the majority of the spanish squad weren't certified world class players.

Big footballing nations should do well at international level full stop

England national team is highly composited of players from its top 4

Triez
10th February '12, 06:50 PM
Wil be interesting to see who the media blame when England fail to get out of the group stages since Redknapp can do no wrong in the media's eyes.

GrimmyGrimGrim
10th February '12, 07:41 PM
I'd be pissed if I was a Spurs fan with Rooney & Ferdinand coming out saying Redknapp should get the job

what's the difference in that and a player tapping up another player?

Matt91
10th February '12, 09:03 PM
Pretty much what I said Grimmy it's a joke they're just tryna fuck us up, Ferdinand won't even be in the squad the fuckin lip hanging cunt and Rooney got sonned by Roy Keane

AvB and all these other muppets should stfu

FoundTheGif
10th February '12, 10:24 PM
That Keane point was moot btw. He's scored and created the most in the team.

Matt91
10th February '12, 10:58 PM
That Keane point was moot btw. He's scored and created the most in the team.

give a fuck, still shouldn't be chattin about another manager at another team leaving.

should read the rest of what roy said

FoundTheGif
10th February '12, 11:18 PM
give a fuck, still shouldn't be chattin about another manager at another team leaving.

should read the rest of what roy said

I agree on not talking about other people's teams but you mentioned that Roy Keane comment about Rooney and it was wrong. Would you still be angry if Harry wasn't the favourite for the England job, but someone (Footballer, other managers etc) still mentioned his name? Don't see United fans being angry at Kenny for suggesting his name.

Matt91
11th February '12, 12:04 AM
I agree on not talking about other people's teams but you mentioned that Roy Keane comment about Rooney and it was wrong. Would you still be angry if Harry wasn't the favourite for the England job, but someone (Footballer, other managers etc) still mentioned his name? Don't see United fans being angry at Kenny for suggesting his name.

Yes to put in simply, it's still tryna unsettle our team and I think Kenny is just tryna wind them up before the derby although I agree with his points with him being one of most successful British managers etc but we all know he won't leave