PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fans Get Your Ass In Here No Homo

Scrappy123
8th February '12, 02:35 PM
LUIS SUAREZ is still refusing to apologise for sparking the Patrice Evra race storm.
The Liverpool star got an eight-match ban after the FA found him guilty of abusing the Manchester United ace. But Suarez, who faces Evra at Old Trafford on Saturday, says the spat should have stayed on the pitch.

He said: "I was not depressed at all. I knew what I did and there is a kind of football law that says 'what happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch and that's the end of the story'."

Suarez, speaking on Radio Sport 890 in Uruguay, said: "I know against Man United it is going to be tense because I'm going to face Evra. But I'm used to having fans whistle at me. I hope nothing unusual happens. I'll have to forget what happened for that moment.

"I do know Man United fans are going to try to make me feel uncomfortable.

"But I have to tell them — they are going to spur me on if they whistle at me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is your hero for fucking real??

Yeah, I look forward to seeing Evra punch his teeth out. Can Liverpool fans confirm asap that Evra shouldn't subsequently be punished because "What happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch"

As for being spurred on when getting abused........

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/05/article-0-0F11010000000578-816_468x286.jpg

Evidently so...remind me what you done at the Cottage again g?:dead::laugh:

Plak
8th February '12, 02:52 PM
Biggest scumbag in the premier league bar none.

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 02:54 PM
I love Suarez as a player but all this is so ridiculous is laughable. How the hell have the club not instructed Suarez and Dalglish to draw a line under it, its like they purposely try and fuck it up further every time.

Jack 1017
8th February '12, 03:41 PM
inb4hecallsEvraa******thistime

Edit - Unknow pister hacked my account I didnt say this ok ffs

chris89
8th February '12, 03:46 PM
inb4ban

Zoffie
8th February '12, 03:54 PM
Suarez is a fucking cunt. Don't think that this hate thing for him is new, a lot of the fans of alternative clubs in Holland would say a long the lines of, "He's a great player, but he is a dick"

That there is an admission of guilt accompanied by condemning Evra for being a snitch.. lol.. the nerve!

EA
8th February '12, 03:55 PM
I'm not even surprised & neither should anyone else be. This man is clearly an asshole & he has even bigger assholes supporting him.

Even though it's in my best interest as an Arsenal fan, I really hope that Man Utd crush Liverpool & that jiggaboo Glen Johnson scores an own goal.

Matt91
8th February '12, 04:05 PM
Suarez is the real victim in this didn't you know?

quality
8th February '12, 04:28 PM
Look at Parker trying to hurt Suarez's finger.

http://www.vagaportal.fo/media/Itrottur/UTLENDIS/FEBRUAR/Suarez.jpg

And they want to give this animal the England captaincy :dead:

Danielson
8th February '12, 04:52 PM
Suarez is a top dickhead for that comment if it's real.

inb4EvrabreakshislegsalaKeane

FoundTheGif
8th February '12, 05:05 PM
Dalglish made a comment on this as well. Mentioned that Suarez didn't deserve to be banned in the first place.

Joke of a club.

I LOVE GRIME
8th February '12, 05:08 PM
hoping that a united player is shown what roy keane did to alf ingehalland b4 the game and goes out there and re creates it

8th February '12, 05:14 PM
fucking scum, like everyone associated with liverpool...

Danielson
8th February '12, 05:32 PM
fucking scum, like everyone associated with liverpool...

http://www.washsummit.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/h/shotsfired-frontcover.jpg

Hickory Dickory
8th February '12, 05:59 PM
I think this is the appropriate time tbh,

RVP>>>>>>>>Suarez.

Xtra P
8th February '12, 07:13 PM
inb4 Hij

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8214/popcornwu.gif

Mazer Rackham
8th February '12, 07:17 PM
liverpool <<<<<<

SpandyAndy
8th February '12, 07:25 PM
dalglish and suarez have both handled this so badly lol

still major respect to liverpool fans for managing to ignore every fact, the testimony of the referee and suarez's constant story changes to still say they think he's innocent. Bias like that takes an amazing level of ignorance.

Julio Cesar
8th February '12, 07:28 PM
Biggest scumbag in the premier league bar none.

Wrong.

SpandyAndy
8th February '12, 07:46 PM
Wrong.

Yeah, that Joey Barton is more of a scum bag.

Hij
8th February '12, 09:16 PM
I knew someone would post this.

The media conveniently missed out the line where he says "My conscience is clear..." (and some more I don't know the rest. So when he says "What I did on the pitch" - he means "I know what I did on the pitch".

Martin Lipton even admitted to a tweeter that they omitted the other line because without it the story is better. More fool you.

Scrappy123
8th February '12, 09:25 PM
That line isn't even the problem for me. It's the fact he is trying to blame Evra for "snitching" so to speak.

If you stupid enough to say what he did to Evra then you face the consequences.

Pirate
8th February '12, 09:35 PM
Inshallah he dies on the pitch

Hij
8th February '12, 09:37 PM
But Suarez position is that the word means "mate" or "pal" in his dialect and that the word can be used to refer to someone independent of their skin colour.

No-one can prove conclusively either way - not even me.

He's admitted using a word that could be construed differently in those circumstances.
Evra has said he heard more and he felt he was racially attacked.
The FA panel have concluded that he might have or probably was racist - which tbh he'd be getting a not guilty if it was in a real court like Harry Redknapp- but fuck it, we'll roll with the punches and take the 8 match ban.

For me, it's done. He'll get dog's abuse on Saturday and then gradually it will die down. You only have to watch videos of people on trains to see the real racism in this country, we'd do better spending more time on that. I've had 5 months of this shit, and the only reason the thread has been created is because the English media have again run with select quotes. I used to be paranoid, but It's not even that, its clear as day that they only quoted the bits that made him look more of a cunt.

I know your joking, or even if your not, considering the frequency of footballer deaths on the pitch that's a little extreme.

quality
8th February '12, 09:40 PM
Tbh Hij, I agree with bits of that post (particularly the last bit). But the last thing Liverpool have done is "roll with the punches". They've acted the cunt massively.

chris89
8th February '12, 09:42 PM
blackie blackie blackie

Hij
8th February '12, 09:42 PM
Tbh Hij, I agree with bits of that post (particularly the last bit). But the last thing Liverpool have done is "roll with the punches". They've acted the cunt massively.

I tried to be fair within it.

Yes, the club haven't covered themselves in glory, but they believe Suarez version of events (I don't know if its true or not). But when we realised that any appeal wouldn't lead to an overturning of the ban, only a reduction of it, then it was futile.

quality
8th February '12, 09:44 PM
Ok they believed Suarez, I won't mention the Kuyt/Comolli mistranslation thing.

But why accuse Evra of having previous in playing the race card despite the facts showing that's a lie? How is a world famous football club going to try and tarnish the character of the potential victim of racial abuse from the start.

EA
8th February '12, 09:47 PM
But the last thing Liverpool have done is "roll with the punches". They've acted the cunt massively.

If they had kept their mouths shut, not worn those bullshit T-shirts and not made Suarez a martyr, this would have died down ages ago.

Big 45
8th February '12, 09:47 PM
http://www.manutdfansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Defending-racism.jpg

Hij
8th February '12, 09:50 PM
Then in respect, I won't mention anything from Evra's bit which doesn't quite stack up either.

I believe they accused him of previously lying or being found to be unreliable in a previous FA hearing, calling his reliability into account, which would be true. If they have gone one further, then you'd imagine it would be the bod who wrote the statement and the person who checked it to be culpable - rather than the club as an entire entity- and I would have to say in all fairness it should be apologised for.

Like I said, it's done, it's only the media bringing it back up again, after he spoke hilariously in Spanish again for an interview, and they've gone rooting for a story, picking out bits to best suit something that "ups the stakes" before the game on Saturday.

http://www.manutdfansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Defending-racism.jpg

I'm sure the lads who made that banner were aware that a Man United fan was yesterday found guilty of Racist Abuse towards Kenwenye Jones.

The fact that banner was made shows that it's not just us being "tribal" though. Rather than create a banner for Evra, those lads are using the incident to score cheap points, which hilariously, I'd say was rather tribal myself. Won't be picked up on by the press though.

quality
8th February '12, 09:53 PM
I cba to look around, but Evra didn't lie in a previous tribunal thing? United's kit men said something about racial abuse, Evra said nothing and took the ban for the trouble at Chelsea? He also didn't accuse Finnan, some deaf fan did?

Big 45
8th February '12, 10:00 PM
I'm sure the lads who made that banner were aware that a Man United fan was yesterday found guilty of Racist Abuse towards Kenwenye Jones.

Yes and he was turned in by fellow United fans.

Condemned by the club, not turned into a martyr by the players, fans and manager.

Probably a Liverpool fan in disguise..........

United defending titles, not racists

I cba to look around, but Evra didn't lie in a previous tribunal thing? United's kit men said something about racial abuse, Evra said nothing and took the ban for the trouble at Chelsea? He also didn't accuse Finnan, some deaf fan did?

Evra has never lied or claimed to be racially abused before...........another lie from dalglish/liverpool

Jimmy Conway
8th February '12, 10:01 PM
But Suarez position is that the word means "mate" or "pal" in his dialect and that the word can be used to refer to someone independent of their skin colour
oh god hij just shut the fuck up. You sound so naive and idiotic that it seems like the rumors of Lemon being the brains of this site are starting to become more and more believable. You know what he said was wrong, you know your club handled it badly and are rapidly declining in terms of football and respect (which is why all you guys have now is history) and truth be told, I honestly wouldn't doubt it if you move down to the coca cola leagues in the next year or so.

Hij
8th February '12, 10:03 PM
The FA said they found Evra to be an unreliable witness in that hearing as far as I can remember, I believe that was what they were referring to- his reliability as a witness if he has lied to the FA or concocted stories before - why is his version of events accepted 100% this time round? But if the comment was mentioned in regards to a racial accusation, I cannot remember, and I cba to look around either - but if it was, then an apology needs to be forthcoming.

We'll never know. People will sit on either side of the fence they choose over this matter- me included. If you had to ask me honestly which I believe is lying, I couldn't tell you, but equally I couldn't read the FA report and find conclusively that Suarez was guilty neither. Infact, the whole thing became a mountain out of a molehill (I agree we didn't help in that regard) but I believe the onus was on us to accept the ban and be done with it, regardless of the tarnishing of his name - and any fair man would see the different in the press regarding John Terry.

Anyway like I said, I'm done, anyone with a brain knows there will be stories this week because the game is at the weekend. I'm off to actually watch some football after a brilliant goal in the FA Cup- Middlesborough 1, Sunderland 1

oh god hij just shut the fuck up. You sound so naive and idiotic that it seems like the rumors of @Lemon (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=3) being the brains of this site are starting to become more and more believable. You know what he said was wrong, you know your club handled it badly and are rapidly declining in terms of football and respect (which is why all you guys have now is history) and truth be told, I honestly wouldn't doubt it if you move down to the coca cola leagues in the next year or so.

Both are possibilities, your retarded if you think otherwise. To not think otherwise is to write off other cultures and dialects which is in itself racist. You can research the word he is referring to and it will say it can be used independent of skin colour.

You can feel free to disagree with me, but the way you've just called me out is pretty disgraceful.

Hutch
8th February '12, 10:03 PM
The fact that banner was made shows that it's not just us being "tribal" though. Rather than create a banner for Evra, those lads are using the incident to score cheap points, which hilariously, I'd say was rather tribal myself. Won't be picked up on by the press though.

Pretty sure you've been doing the same thing recently in regards to Terry tho.

Hij
8th February '12, 10:05 PM
Probably a Liverpool fan in disguise..........

Yes, because all Liverpool fans are racist. With that myopic logic you clearly are the best person to talk on such matters.

Pretty sure you've been doing the same thing recently in regards to Terry tho.

Yes I have, but I've done it on purpose, as hopefully it might have highlighted to you some of the brick walls you have to go through to explain a point away, when everyone's already got their opinion from the press and refuses to listen to anything you say.

I don't defend racists. Evra and The FA both say they don't believe Suarez is a racist anyway.

Xtra P
8th February '12, 10:06 PM
Hij you're going on too normal for my liking bro

crack open a beer and go into skengman mode

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/11564/288772-super_saiyan_2_veigto.jpg

Hij
8th February '12, 10:09 PM
@Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1) you're going on too normal for my liking bro

crack open a beer and go into skengman mode

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/11564/288772-super_saiyan_2_veigto.jpg

:laugh:

With that I'm done.

Safe for the decent chat anyway Quality lol.

Boris Bowser
8th February '12, 10:11 PM
I've heard mixed race guys say far worse lulul

Suarez's grandad is black and he has plenty of black friends and also helps black charities

:laugh::laugh:

That line isn't even the problem for me. It's the fact he is trying to blame Evra for "snitching" so to speak.

If you stupid enough to say what he did to Evra then you face the consequences.

Evra's original complaints were completely different to what the actual words said turned out to be. He overly exaggerated too knowing it'd all blow up. Not a defense, just saying, Evra played the victim too.

Would be good to see Suarez give a handshake (n/h) to Evra on Saturday and let it pass-by.

Jimmy Conway
8th February '12, 10:13 PM
Both are possibilities, your retarded if you think otherwise. To not think otherwise is to write off other cultures and dialects which is in itself racist. You can research the word he is referring to and it will say it can be used independent of skin colour.

You can feel free to disagree with me, but the way you've just called me out is pretty disgraceful.

Am I really? Or are you the retarded one for ignoring the obvious. It's like saying "nigga nigga nigga nigga" an then saying like "oh nigga can mean friend or black person" no but why are you saying nigga anyway you burrito rolling son of a bitch?

More disgraceful than your justification of defending an assholes racist actions and supporting a shit club?

Scrappy123
8th February '12, 10:19 PM
I've heard mixed race guys say far worse lulul

Suarez's grandad is black and he has plenty of black friends and also helps black charities

:laugh::laugh:

Evra's original complaints were completely different to what the actual words said turned out to be. He overly exaggerated too knowing it'd all blow up. Not a defense, just saying, Evra played the victim too.

Would be good to see Suarez give a handshake (n/h) to Evra on Saturday and let it pass-by.

Surely it's a question of Evra shaking his hand?

Suarez not shaking his hand would just be the dumbest thing:laugh:

I know what you mean though. Part of me wants the whole United team to air him though:laugh:

Boris Bowser
8th February '12, 10:21 PM
I feel as if Suarez hasn't really shown any remorse (I'm a LFC fan btw). I get that it's a bit of a cultural difference, but by now I'd have hoped he'd have at least agreed to apologise and let it move on.

Kartel
8th February '12, 10:29 PM
Tbh Dalglish don't know how to handle the press or behave, neither do Liverpool so they're perfect for each other

Danielson
8th February '12, 10:34 PM
I feel as if Suarez hasn't really shown any remorse (I'm a LFC fan btw). I get that it's a bit of a cultural difference, but by now I'd have hoped he'd have at least agreed to apologise and let it move on.

that's my problem and he doesn't admit that what he said was wrong regardless of what it means to his culture back home - he plays football in England and needs to understand context. He's a grown man.

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 11:18 AM
Am I really? Or are you the retarded one for ignoring the obvious. It's like saying "nigga nigga nigga nigga" an then saying like "oh nigga can mean friend or black person" no but why are you saying nigga anyway you burrito rolling son of a bitch?

More disgraceful than your justification of defending an assholes racist actions and supporting a shit club?

I was agreeing with you up until the quoted part then your post became a bag of nonsense.
I can handle others calling us shit, it's their right as football fans and supporters of rivals, but an American such as yourself who more than likely doesnt follow the sport and has made his opinions of the game from what he reads on the forum and ESPN or Fox just to aim pars at Hij is a non-no.

Surely it's a question of Evra shaking his hand?

Suarez not shaking his hand would just be the dumbest thing:laugh:

I know what you mean though. Part of me wants the whole United team to air him though:laugh:
You laugh like that wouldnt be a good thing for Liverpool, I hope they fire Suarez up as much as they can, im sure he will let his feet do the talking when he leaves 3 defenders chasing shadows like he did last season.

There should be a line drawn under this whole situation now, Suarez should have/should apologize and admit his error..even if he didnt mean in to be said in a racist manner he should admit it was stupid to say, get the game out of the way then move on.

Too far man

dalglish and suarez have both handled this so badly lol

still major respect to liverpool fans for managing to ignore every fact, the testimony of the referee and suarez's constant story changes to still say they think he's innocent. Bias like that takes an amazing level of ignorance.

What an ignorant statement this is.

Sosa
9th February '12, 11:21 AM
Wow since this case started Hij must have written at least 20 double sided pages worth defending suarez an his club.

Jay
9th February '12, 12:25 PM
This is very boring now. Is this what football has come down to? The discussion of the Suarez and Terry cases? Even Capello leaving is all down to this. This is football, can we not concentrate on the actual game rather than this witch hunting that now surrounds it.

Who really give's a fuck if Suarez apologizes or if the teams shake hands. Do you apologize for everything you do in your life? I very much doubt it. Do you shake hands with everyone whenever you play sport? They are not there to be friends. They are there to play a game and to beat each other. I look forward to the match this weekend and hope its a great match and that it's not all about Evra and Suarez. Shit like this is ruining the game as a spectacle.

Hij M.O.G. predictions for the result?

Ide like to see Andy Carroll grab a goal in this game, highlight the decent performances he's been putting in in the past couple of games. Also like to see Gerrard show that he's the main man, not Suarez. Silence some guys.

Is Cleverly back for this one?

Jack 1017
9th February '12, 12:55 PM
Suprised hij hasnt banned lengman ITT tbh

M.O.G.
9th February '12, 01:26 PM
This is very boring now. Is this what football has come down to? The discussion of the Suarez and Terry cases? Even Capello leaving is all down to this. This is football, can we not concentrate on the actual game rather than this witch hunting that now surrounds it.

Who really give's a fuck if Suarez apologizes or if the teams shake hands. Do you apologize for everything you do in your life? I very much doubt it. Do you shake hands with everyone whenever you play sport? They are not there to be friends. They are there to play a game and to beat each other. I look forward to the match this weekend and hope its a great match and that it's not all about Evra and Suarez. Shit like this is ruining the game as a spectacle.

Hij M.O.G. predictions for the result?

Ide like to see Andy Carroll grab a goal in this game, highlight the decent performances he's been putting in in the past couple of games. Also like to see Gerrard show that he's the main man, not Suarez. Silence some guys.

Is Cleverly back for this one?

Got a feeling with all the hype going into the game that Suarez is gonna make their defense look stupid again, im saying same as the FA Cup, 2-1 to us.
Were fired up for this one

SpandyAndy
9th February '12, 01:43 PM
Also why does 35 Mil striker Carroll playing decent against Spurs suddenly turn him into the next Shearer? ffs he's shit and possibly the worst signing ever in the Premier League.

Bobby_7
9th February '12, 02:22 PM
what a prick

Jay
9th February '12, 03:08 PM
Also why does 35 Mil striker Carroll playing decent against Spurs suddenly turn him into the next Shearer? ffs he's shit and possibly the worst signing ever in the Premier League.

Don't think anyones said he's the next Shearer have they? I think everyone always ignores the fact that Liverpool never actually payed 35 mil for Carrol, didn't chelsea in effect pay it? Pretty sure they said the deal was that whtever Newcastle asked for Carrol, Chelsea would have to add 15 mil on top of that to get Carrol?

Zoffie might know more on that

Zoffie
9th February '12, 04:08 PM
That's just what Liverpool fans tend to say, but, it's nonsensical, for instance if Newcastle said we want 8m for Carroll, Liverpool wouldn't have charged us 23m for Torres.

Liverpool were not obliged to buy Carroll, what was so imperative that they needed to buy Carroll then? They had signed Suarez already.
Newcastle sold Andy Carroll & rather than replace him straight away & rush, they pinpointed nice value in a player like Demba Ba in the next window.

Liverpool received 50m for Torres & they chose to spend 35m of it on Carroll. It's clear that in hindsight Liverpool, I think even more than Chelsea regret using the money as they did. (Chelsea have a Billionaire benefactor)

I think Torres is a top player, but, his wages & place in the game & his age means there is less time for patience, which is a shame.
I'm still hoping, he can find himself at Chelsea, but, if not elsewhere, I see his quality all too often. His confidence is smashed.

FoundTheGif
9th February '12, 04:24 PM
Kenny should also apologise to Evra.

Jay
9th February '12, 04:33 PM
That's just what Liverpool fans tend to say, but, it's nonsensical, for instance if Newcastle said we want 8m for Carroll, Liverpool wouldn't have charged us 23m for Torres.

Liverpool were not obliged to buy Carroll, what was so imperative that they needed to buy Carroll then? They had signed Suarez already.
Newcastle sold Andy Carroll & rather than replace him straight away & rush, they pinpointed nice value in a player like Demba Ba in the next window.

Liverpool received 50m for Torres & they chose to spend 35m of it on Carroll. It's clear that in hindsight Liverpool, I think even more than Chelsea regret using the money as they did. (Chelsea have a Billionaire benefactor)

I think Torres is a top player, but, his wages & place in the game & his age means there is less time for patience, which is a shame.
I'm still hoping, he can find himself at Chelsea, but, if not elsewhere, I see his quality all too often. His confidence is smashed.

The games I've watched him in Ive seen him show glimpses of the player he was at Liverpool. Then see him make one little slip up and everyone jumps on the "50 mil for that" ship. At times he just cuts a frustrated figure.

Hij
9th February '12, 05:00 PM
Carroll was perhaps a mistake (he is still fairly young to be fair), but you cannot deny that in effect, for all the banter aside and talk of billionaire benefactors, we swapped Torres and 7m for Carroll and Suarez- surely we under paid with Suarez?. Because lets face it, the billionaire benefactor you mention Zoffie is the one that gave us 50m for Torres and enabled us to make that potential mistake (I'm not really a fan of ruling him out quite yet, his form has improved recently) and also helped us pay off a very large chunk of a smallish fee for one of the best players in the world on top.

I think we can all agree that we would never have spent 35m on Carroll without the sale of Torres- regardless of whether it was the best transfer move or not. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Oh and I've not even heard the words "Next Alan Shearer" from anyone, hyperbole in the extreme.

The games I've watched him in Ive seen him show glimpses of the player he was at Liverpool. Then see him make one little slip up and everyone jumps on the "50 mil for that" ship. At times he just cuts a frustrated figure.

He needs to put his fucking boot, through the fucking ball and fire it towards the fucking net. Case in point Sunday. He clearly hasn't "lost it" - to make the position, he did an excellent bit of skill, reminiscent of his time at Liverpool. His confidence is smashed I agree with that. I do notice that the influence of Valero on the whole and Benitez a little less, is never mentioned though in regards his success at Liverpool.

iKlozzle
9th February '12, 05:05 PM
Lol, Andy Carroll

True, they did get Suarez at a good price... But imagine where else the 35m could of been invested.

And this isn't a dig at Liverpool fans, but I think most of their signings (Downing and Henderson especially) were complete wastes of money. Can you honestly say that Henderson is worth 20m when he's probably going to struggle to make the Euro 2012 team? No Liverpool signings have set the world alight have they?

(And before you get mad and turn this around on Man Utd, these are just my thoughts).

Jay
9th February '12, 05:15 PM
Carroll was perhaps a mistake (he is still fairly young to be fair), but you cannot deny that in effect, for all the banter aside and talk of billionaire benefactors, we swapped Torres and 7m for Carroll and Suarez- surely we under paid with Suarez?. Because lets face it, the billionaire benefactor you mention Zoffie is the one that gave us 50m for Torres and enabled us to make that potential mistake (I'm not really a fan of ruling him out quite yet, his form has improved recently) and also helped us pay off a very large chunk of a smallish fee for one of the best players in the world on top.

I think we can all agree that we would never have spent 35m on Carroll without the sale of Torres- regardless of whether it was the best transfer move or not. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Oh and I've not even heard the words "Next Alan Shearer" from anyone, hyperbole in the extreme.

Hows the Uruguayan centre half looked when he's played? Havn't seen him in any of the games Ive watched this season.

He needs to put his fucking boot, through the fucking ball and fire it towards the fucking net. Case in point Sunday. He clearly hasn't "lost it" - to make the position, he did an excellent bit of skill, reminiscent of his time at Liverpool. His confidence is smashed I agree with that. I do notice that the influence of Valero on the whole and Benitez a little less, is never mentioned though in regards his success at Liverpool.

Definately, the chance he had on Sunday where he ended up not getting a shot off. In his Liverpool days I would have expected him to just put his foot through that and it go straight into the bottom corner. On Sunday though it looked as though he was actually thinking about the finish there and put himself in 2 minds. Theres a lot to be said for strikers thinking too much and not just using their instincts which is surely what puts the best strikers ahead of the average.

I hated Carrol at Newcastle, still don't like him now, but he's a striker that can definately cause problems and is a very different prospect to the other strikers available to you.

Bellamy has been Liverpools best signing for me. It's not so long ago that he was tearing Man Utd apart on the counter during the Manchester derby.

Henderson, Downing both given ridiculous price tags and I would expect most Liverpool fans would take back the money right now if they could!

MyLord
9th February '12, 05:16 PM
Scrappy123

He's not saying he will not apologise and what he's saying about 'what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch' is pretty much like us saying no snitching.

quality
9th February '12, 05:30 PM
Torres clearly doesn't have the mentality to be a top forward is what I've learnt.

The best of the best miss a chance, or have a bad spell, and bounce back. They never think twice about shooting again when the opportunity presents itself.

He must be very weak mentally. He doesn't even want to go in the 18 yard box. Might as well play him in centre midfield.

Zoffie
9th February '12, 07:03 PM
Lol, Andy Carroll

True, they did get Suarez at a good price... But imagine where else the 35m could of been invested.

And this isn't a dig at Liverpool fans, but I think most of their signings (Downing and Henderson especially) were complete wastes of money. Can you honestly say that Henderson is worth 20m when he's probably going to struggle to make the Euro 2012 team? No Liverpool signings have set the world alight have they?

(And before you get mad and turn this around on Man Utd, these are just my thoughts).

Chelsea got Sturridge for 6.5m I'm not going to then deduct money from Torres' price now he has come in to recognition. It's desperate.
Carroll is 23 & therefore can go on each year to repay some of that investment & perhaps even make the money seem like a wise investment in the end. He has the time on his hands & he's not on huge, huge wages (I'm assuming).

The tit for tat with Carroll & Torres banter, I'm disinterested in.

Zlatan moved in the 50m's. Kaka moved in the 50m's. Torres moved in the 50m's.

Cristiano's move for 80m & his ability to shake the pressure on the pricetag is amazing on his behalf. I think hence-forth clubs should put a glass ceiling on transfers to below the 50m mark.

When too much money is invested in a player like it has been done with Carroll & Torres, if their mentality is not strong enough, they won't be able to reproduce their best form & could crumble under the pressure to immediately justify the investment.