View Full Version : Bale v C. Ronaldo FIRST 99 PREM GAMES

Shanger
7th February '12, 11:40 PM
http://c0014169.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_acf3e90

Just some stats

:smug:

FoundTheGif
7th February '12, 11:41 PM
Saw something similar for Nani vs Ronaldo. Does not mean much.

quality
7th February '12, 11:41 PM
In before the bitch fest.

Shower Posse
7th February '12, 11:43 PM
:dead:

Shanger
7th February '12, 11:44 PM
Saw something similar for Nani vs Ronaldo. Does not mean much.

Nani is a very good player tho who is a regular at a team which regularly challenges for the league, so i'd say this is considerably more surprising.

nortside

Rambo
7th February '12, 11:44 PM
ronaldo was sub a lot

Shanger
7th February '12, 11:46 PM
ronaldo was sub a lot

Bale was LB a lot :P

Rambo
7th February '12, 11:47 PM
lol fair one

quality
7th February '12, 11:47 PM
He was also second choice left back a lot. With more injuries than Ronaldo...

FoundTheGif
7th February '12, 11:55 PM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/NaniRon1.jpg

Tony Starks
7th February '12, 11:57 PM
Does not mean much.

MoneyMan
7th February '12, 11:58 PM
Bale will never be as good as Ronaldo though lol.

Rambo
8th February '12, 12:01 AM
Bale will never be as good as Ronaldo though lol.

why?

Jack 1017
8th February '12, 12:03 AM
These kinda stats<<<<<<<<<<

What are they meant to prove?

why?

Because he will never win Spurs a Champions League or any trophy of note

Rambo
8th February '12, 12:06 AM
These kinda stats<<<<<<<<<<

What are they meant to prove?

Because he will never win Spurs a Champions League or any trophy of note

lol by that logic djimi traore is a better defender than vermaelen

MoneyMan
8th February '12, 12:06 AM
why?

He just won't be. He's sick, but Ronnie is imo one of the greatest to ever do it, i'm talking top 15/20 players EVER. Bale, if he keeps on going sick, will be the best ever Welsh player lol.

There's no comparison.

And what Stepper said as well lol.

Rambo
8th February '12, 12:08 AM
He just won't be. He's sick, but Ronnie is imo one of the greatest to ever do it, i'm talking top 15/20 players EVER. Bale, if he keeps on going sick, will be the best ever Welsh player lol.

There's no comparison.

And what Stepper said as well lol.

ronnie developed into that player though, he didn't turn up at utd and was awesome, i remember him being heavily criticised for having a poor end product and doing too many tricks

whats to say bale won't?

Danielson
8th February '12, 12:13 AM
lol @ even entertaining Bale > Ronaldo

nortside
8th February '12, 12:14 AM
lol at getting mentioned.

Bale is good, no doubting, but what im saying about the boy is his main asset is brutal pace and I feel his dribbling ain't all that. But none the less he good

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 12:27 AM
C. Ronaldo>>> Original Ronaldo

I know no one wants to hear it but its the truth

8th February '12, 12:33 AM
alot of dumb posts ITT but we have a winner...

:dead::dead::dead:

Sosa
8th February '12, 12:37 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:dozey:

Danielson
8th February '12, 12:39 AM
:laugh:

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 12:41 AM
Ronaldo's just really unlucky the GOAT is playing in the same generation as him. He's head and shoulders above everyone else and will end his career regarded as higher than fat Ron who lost vital years at his peak due to injury and then wasted the last five years of his career due to unprofessionalism

EA
8th February '12, 12:43 AM
lol @ even entertaining Bale > Ronaldo

8th February '12, 12:45 AM
Ronaldo's just really unlucky the GOAT is playing in the same generation as him. He's head and shoulders above everyone else and will end his career regarded as higher than fat Ron who lost vital years at his peak due to injury and then wasted the last five years of his career due to unprofessionalism

He was a legend at 25, so what if his later stages of his career was a flop??

CR7 will never better what R9 did...

You're better than this Tony.

:smh:

DTR
8th February '12, 12:46 AM
He was a legend at 25
As was CR7.

EA
8th February '12, 12:49 AM
:stunned: c'mon Tony Starks R9 spent the entire 01/02 season injured, put on a bag of weight & still won the golden boot at the WC. He was a one of a kind & is the best striker of all time. This is coming from someone who idolises Thierry Henry.

EDIT: DTR top 2 player in the world =/= legend.

8th February '12, 12:50 AM
Tony's trolling...

As was CR7.
lol

I'm talking bout top 5 forwards ever bro...

Where's CR7's WC winners medal??

Cazorla
8th February '12, 12:52 AM
As was CR7.

No offence but you're a yout. Your opinion is void, did you even see the real Ronaldo in his prime. You must have been like 5 years old.

DTR
8th February '12, 12:56 AM
Where's CR7's WC winners medal??
Where's Luis Ronaldo's Champions League medal?

tippa
8th February '12, 12:59 AM

wow

Never thought i'd hear this especially from an arsenal fan

8th February '12, 01:00 AM
Where's Luis Ronaldo's Champions League medal?
The same place CR7's WC medal is tbh...

DTR
8th February '12, 01:05 AM
The same place CR7's WC medal is tbh...
CL>>>>>>WC.

EA
8th February '12, 01:06 AM
I can't believe this discussion is actually being entertained tbh.

R9 won FIFA World Player of the Year when he was 20 ffs. The man scored 352 goals in 518 games, won 2 Ballon d'Or awards, 2 WC medals & is the all time leading goalscorer in WC history.

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 01:09 AM
CL>>>>>>WC.

And give him world class stars like Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Kaka, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho etc and he'll have world cup medals of his own

tippa
8th February '12, 01:14 AM
As arrogant as C.Ronaldo is even he wouldn't compare himself with R9.
He knows were he stands, in his shadow

DTR
8th February '12, 01:17 AM
I can't believe this discussion is actually being entertained tbh.

R9 won FIFA World Player of the Year when he was 20 ffs. The man scored 352 goals in 518 games, won 2 Ballon d'Or awards, 2 WC medals & is the all time leading goalscorer in WC history.
R9 won 3, DO YOUR RESEARCH

CR7 has got 106 goals in 103 games for Madrid, and you think he's stopping anytime soon? And has the best goal scoring average in Real Madrid's history, a team that R9 played for himself, 1 CL medal and has already surpassed Luis Ronaldo's goal scoring record in UCL history.

EDIT: CR will pass R9's goal scoring record, he only needs 6 goals. Something that can be done in his next WC.

NaiJaBoY
8th February '12, 01:20 AM

http://i.imgur.com/zLOgt.gif

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 01:20 AM
Ronaldo WAS supposed to be that guy. But he achieved only half of what he could have and only world cup glory saved his career. Me personally, I can look beyond playing well in a 1 month tournament as a striker of the best team in the world.

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 01:24 AM
All this talk of medals is gay as fuck, teams win medals not players, you don't judge how good a player is by what fucking trophies he's won, that's some dickhead idea.

Brazilian Ronaldo was better than Cristiano Ronaldo but not because he won more medals. Ronaldo was the most complete and perfect striker of all-time and the best player in the world by the age of 21. He was an entertainer like C. Ronaldo but had the modesty and right attitude about the game to go with it, never dived, never cheated IIRC. That famous goal he scored for Barca would not have been possible if he didn't have the determination to stay up when his shirt was being pulled for example.

NC57WLJYmUE

He just finds a way to trick his way through it. Cristiano would have gone down.

A Ronaldo robbed of his pace still managed to bag a hat-trick at OT in the CL and score 8 goals in the World Cup plus move to another league and still be a don, he was still the best striker in the world even after those injuries. Ronaldo had it all as far as I'm concerned, pace, strength, trickery, finishing, poaching, long-range shots... he also knew when to use his trickery.

Qq5h9XpD9HY

Would Cristiano have got back up and won the ball back there? I very much doubt it.

DTR
8th February '12, 01:26 AM
move to another league and still be a don.
Hasn't CR done the exact same?

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 01:29 AM
Hasn't CR done the exact same?

The Brazilian lad has done it four times. ;)

Once after serious injury and losing much of his pace, which is the point I'm making.

DTR
8th February '12, 01:31 AM
The Brazilian lad has done it four times. ;)
CR done it 3 times.

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 01:33 AM
CR done it 3 times.

4 > 3

If there was an all-time GOAT starting 11, Brazilian Ronaldo would be in it, Cristiano would not.

Sosa
8th February '12, 01:37 AM
CL>>>>>>WC.

maybe nowadays, not back then. you're too young to realise.

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 01:37 AM
Brazilian Ronaldo has been the top goalscorer in the league in three different countries.

Matt91
8th February '12, 01:38 AM

Original Ronaldo's Stats (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1328661328-f82f0064573002e9e4997185bd0ac82074744a28)

Big 45
8th February '12, 01:38 AM

You make alot of stupid statements in sports room but this is probably the worst one so far.

DTR
8th February '12, 01:39 AM
4 > 3

If there was an all-time GOAT starting 11, Brazilian Ronaldo would be in it, Cristiano would not.
I'm sure CR could rip any league up, am I not wrong?

EA
8th February '12, 01:40 AM
R9 won 3, DO YOUR RESEARCH

CR7 has got 106 goals in 103 games for Madrid, and you think he's stopping anytime soon? And has the best goal scoring average in Real Madrid's history, a team that R9 played for himself, 1 CL medal and has already surpassed Luis Ronaldo's goal scoring record in UCL history.

EDIT: CR will pass R9's goal scoring record, he only needs 6 goals. Something that can be done in his next WC.

I said Ballon d'Or. He won 3 FIFA World Player of the Year awards.

CR7's goal scoring prowess in La Liga is skewed. Look at the competitive balance of that league. It's Barca/Madrid or Madrid/Barca. When R9 played for Madrid; Valencia, Deportivo & Athletico were all relevant teams. Messi & Ronaldo are literally scoring at will & as great as they are, look at the squads they play with & look at the quality of their competitors.

CR7 has also has more games in the UCL than R9 since R9 spent most of his career playing for teams in the UEFA Cup.

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 01:42 AM

CR7's goal scoring prowess in La Liga is skewed. Look at the competitive balance of that league. It's Barca/Madrid or Madrid/Barca. When R9 played for Madrid; Valencia, Deportivo & Athletico were all relevant teams. Messi & Ronaldo are literally scoring at will & as great as they are, look at the squads they play with & look at the quality of their competitors.

CR7 has also has more games in the UCL than R9 since R9 spent most of his career playing for teams in the UEFA Cup.

Real talk.

Cristiano is also a liability a lot of the time.

Also Cristiano Ronaldo won't get near Ronaldo's World Cup goal record if that's what DTR just said. :stunned:

NaiJaBoY
8th February '12, 01:43 AM
Nah he wasnt that guy :stunned:

Teams....... Appearances.....Goals
Clubs...................518........352
National team........98..........62
U-23 national team.8............6

Cruzeiro Esporte Clube
Campeonato Mineiro (1): 1994
Copa do Brasil (1): 1993

PSV Eindhoven
KNVB Cup (1): 1996
Johan Cruijff-schaal (1): 1996

FC Barcelona
Copa del Rey (1): 1997
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1997
Supercopa de España (1): 1996

F.C. Internazionale Milano
UEFA Cup (1): 1998

Real Madrid C.F.
La Liga (1): 2002–03
Intercontinental Cup (1): 2002
Supercopa de España (1): 2003
Sport Club Corinthians Paulista
Campeonato Paulista (1): 2009
Copa do Brasil (1): 2009

National team
FIFA World Cup (2): 1994, 2002
Copa América (2): 1997, 1999
FIFA Confederations Cup (1): 1997

Individual honours
Supercopa Libertadores Top Scorer (1): 1993–94
Campeonato Mineiro Top Scorer (1): 1993–94
Campeonato Mineiro Team of The Year (1): 1994
Eredivisie Top Scorer (1): 1994–95
La Liga Top Scorer (2): 1996–97,2003–2004
European Golden Boot (1): 1996–97
Don Balón Award La Liga Foreign Player of the Year (1): 1996–97
Copa América Final Most Valuable Player (1): 1997
Copa América Most Valuable Player (1): 1997
Confederations Cup All-Star Team (1): 1997
Cup Winners Cup Final Most Valuable Player (1): 1997
Cup Winners Cup Top Goal Scorer (1): 1996–1997
IFFHS World's Top Goal Scorer of the Year (1): 1997
UEFA Most Valuable Player (1): 1997–98
Serie A Footballer of the Year (1): 1997–98
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year (1): 1997–98
UEFA Best Forward (1): 1997–98
Bravo Award (3): 1995, 1997, 1998
FIFA World Cup Golden Ball (1): 1998
UEFA Cup Final Most Valuable Player (1): 1998
Copa América Top Scorer (1): 1999
Copa América All-Star Team (2): 1997, 1999
FIFA World Player of the Year (3): 1996, 1997, 2002
Ballon D'or (2): 1997, 2002
World Soccer Magazine World Player of The Year (3): 1996, 1997, 2002
Onze d'Or (2): 1997, 2002
FIFA World Cup Silver Ball (1): 2002
FIFA 100
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team (2): 1998, 2002
FIFA World Cup Final Most Valuable Player (1): 2002
FIFA World Cup Top Scorer (1): 2002
Intercontinental Cup Most Valuable Player (1): 2002
UEFA Team of The Year (1): 2002
Laureus Comeback of the Year (1): 2002
Strogaldo De Legendary Award: 2002
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality (1): 2002
La Liga South American Player of the Year (2): 1996–97, 2002–03
Golden Foot award (1): 2006
Brazilian National Hall of Fame: Class of 2006
Serie A Player of the Decade: 1997–2007
France Football Magazine: Starting eleven of all-time (2007)
FIFA World Cup: All-Time Leading Scorer
Campeonato Paulista Best Player (1): 2009

http://i26.tinypic.com/2h4c7ep.jpg

DTR
8th February '12, 01:43 AM
Also Cristiano Ronaldo won't get near Ronaldo's World Cup goal record if that's what DTR just said. :stunned:
Only needs 6 goals bro, only 6.
That can be achieved in his next world cup.

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 01:48 AM
All this talk of medals is gay as fuck, teams win medals not players, you don't judge how good a player is by what fucking trophies he's won, that's some dickhead idea.

Brazilian Ronaldo was better than Cristiano Ronaldo but not because he won more medals. Ronaldo was the most complete and perfect striker of all-time and the best player in the world by the age of 21. He was an entertainer like C. Ronaldo but had the modesty and right attitude about the game to go with it, never dived, never cheated IIRC. That famous goal he scored for Barca would not have been possible if he didn't have the determination to stay up when his shirt was being pulled for example.

NC57WLJYmUE

He just finds a way to trick his way through it. Cristiano would have gone down.

A Ronaldo robbed of his pace still managed to bag a hat-trick at OT in the CL and score 8 goals in the World Cup plus move to another league and still be a don, he was still the best striker in the world even after those injuries. Ronaldo had it all as far as I'm concerned, pace, strength, trickery, finishing, poaching, long-range shots... he also knew when to use his trickery.

Qq5h9XpD9HY

Would Cristiano have got back up and won the ball back there? I very much doubt it.
So he's better cos he had a better attitude on the pitch? What about his attitude off it, reported to have had cheeseburgers for breakfast while in Italy and god knows what else we dnt know about.

I agree he was the most gifted striker of his generation but by the time he was 30 he was finished. CR7 will still be at the top of the game in 3 years time and that's why he gets more respect from me.

Also comparing their goal records don't mean that much to me as CR7 has spent the majority of his career so far as a winger as we all now.

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 01:48 AM
So he's better cos he had a better attitude on the pitch? What about his attitude off it, reported to have had cheeseburgers for breakfast while in Italy and god knows what else we dnt know about.

I agree he was the most gifted striker of his generation but by the time he was 30 he was finished. CR7 will still be at the top of the game in 3 years time and that's why he gets more respect from me.

lol

Ronaldo ate cheeseburgers for breakfast and was still the best player in the world >>>>>

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 01:50 AM
lol

Ronaldo ate cheeseburgers for breakfast and was still the best player in the world >>>>>
Like I said it won't affect you over a 1month tournament but his career finished at 30. He lost

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 01:52 AM
Like I said it won't affect you over a 1month tournament but his career finished at 30. He lost

You're talking about longevity, obviously Cristiano Ronaldo is superior out of the two for longevity.

At their peaks, Brazilian Ronaldo was the better player.

Shower Posse
8th February '12, 01:56 AM

Best post ITT

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 01:57 AM
And LOL @ him winning Serie A player of the decade when he was only at Inter for 5 years, won 1 UEFA cup and managed under 70 appearances (14 games a year average). Mockery - its just typical of the attitude towards him as a player. Almost a mixture of awe at how good he was, sympathy at how injuries fucked him and ignorance towards the facts of how he wasted his talent through unprofessionalism

EA
8th February '12, 01:58 AM
Only needs 6 goals bro, only 6.
That can be achieved in his next world cup.

R9: 15
CR7: 2

:dozey:

Also comparing their goal records don't mean that much to me as CR7 has spent the majority of his career so far as a winger as we all now.

So their goal scoring records cannot be compared because CR7, who now plays as a striker, didn't spend his who career doing so? Shall we discredit Henry's goal scoring record as well then?

Also, R9 being done by 30 wasn't in his control. His career was plagued with injuries and he still managed to boss it at every possible level. It's not like he did a Torres.

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 02:02 AM
DTR where did you get 6 goals from lol, I remembered the one he got against North Korea but I admit I thought only 6 goals seemed a bit strange. :laugh:

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 02:03 AM
So their goal scoring records cannot be compared because CR7, who now plays as a striker, didn't spend his who career doing so? Shall we discredit Henry's goal scoring record as well then?

Also, R9 being done by 30 wasn't in his control. His career was plagued with injuries and he still managed to boss it at every possible level. It's not like he did a Torres.
Players like RVP or Michael Owen have been plagued by injuries but we don't refer to them as "Fat Robin" or "Fat Mike" do we?

Mr. Jefferies
8th February '12, 02:04 AM
Players like RVP or Michael Owen have been plagued by injuries but we don't refer to them as "Fat Robin" or "Fat Mike" do we?

Hardly Ronaldo's fault.

http://thyroid.about.com/b/2011/02/16/ronaldo-brazilian-soccer-football-hypothyroidism.htm

DTR
8th February '12, 02:09 AM
DTR where did you get 6 goals from lol, I remembered the one he got against North Korea but I admit I thought only 6 goals seemed a bit strange. :laugh:
Nevermind mate.:laugh:

EA
8th February '12, 02:20 AM

So you're trying to discredit Ronaldo because he wasn't a disciplined eater?

The fact remains that people wrote him off before the 2002 WC because he put on weight. Not only did he dominate that WC but he also went on to be prolific for Real Madrid (83 in 127). Say what you want but the man is legendary.

RvP has just found his prolific form in the last 18 months & Michael Owen's game deteriorated significantly after his big injuries to point where he's no longer relevant.

NaiJaBoY
8th February '12, 02:27 AM

Ronaldo had problems with his knee when he was at Inter, he was injured for almost 2yrs and scored 49 goals in 69 games

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 02:32 AM
Ronaldo had problems with his knee when he was at Inter, he was injured for almost 2yrs and scored 49 goals in 69 games
Goal scoring record is great. But that was over 5 years, he played 70 games and won 1 trophy during his peak years, and didn't feature in the CL. However you wanna look at it that's not good enough

NaiJaBoY
8th February '12, 03:11 AM
Am sure Nesta still has nightmares of this
zUZ9w2zsHYo

M.O.G.
8th February '12, 09:56 AM
http://c0014169.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_acf3e90

Just some stats

:smug:

Lol, I see your point but can you post up career stats please

lol by that logic djimi traore is a better defender than vermaelen

Djimi Traore >>>>>>

quality
8th February '12, 10:07 AM
There are definite similarities with the two - pace and strength is a huge part of their game, take it away and they'd be painfully average players. That said Ronaldo is better than Bale in the air and using both feet.

Jack 1017
8th February '12, 10:45 AM
Ronaldo/Ronaldo is debatable, Bale/Ronaldo :dead:

chris89
8th February '12, 10:50 AM
cool 1 on 1 miss bro, pay over 30m for bale and you'll be very disappointed with what you actually get

quality
8th February '12, 10:51 AM
cool 1 on 1 miss bro, pay over 30m for bale and you'll be very disappointed with what you actually get

I respect you for bringing your own club's experiences to the table.

It's a good job we paid £7m really then.

M.O.G.
8th February '12, 10:52 AM
London derby of parring has kicked off

chris89
8th February '12, 10:57 AM

It's a good job we paid £7m really then.
I wasn't talking about how much you paid you moron.

quality
8th February '12, 10:59 AM
I wasn't talking about how much you paid you moron.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Plak
8th February '12, 02:46 PM
Don't think Bale is as good as Ronaldo but certainly think he's capable of becoming at least as good.
Technically there isn't much difference between the two, and remember Ronny had to have Usain Bolt give him lessons on sprinting.
I think unless we win something big in the next 2 years we won't have Bale by the time he hits his peak at 27/28. Given Barca have bought Alexis Sanchez for something like £38m and have Pedro I don't believe the news that they will bid for/buy him in the summer, and don't think Real will either, but I think eventually one of the two would try.
No one in England would have the money to get him from us though, we wouldn't sell in this country for anything less than £50m.

EA
8th February '12, 03:23 PM
Don't think Bale is as good as Ronaldo but certainly think he's capable of becoming at least as good.
Technically there isn't much difference between the two, and remember Ronny had to have Usain Bolt give him lessons on sprinting.
I think unless we win something big in the next 2 years we won't have Bale by the time he hits his peak at 27/28. Given Barca have bought Alexis Sanchez for something like £38m and have Pedro I don't believe the news that they will bid for/buy him in the summer, and don't think Real will either, but I think eventually one of the two would try.
No one in England would have the money to get him from us though, we wouldn't sell in this country for anything less than £50m.

Man City & Chelsea have the money to pay for him. Also, he's British so I wouldn't rule out Liverpool either.

Zoffie
8th February '12, 03:36 PM
Ronaldo is better than Cristiano. I always judge on talent, rather than stats & all that.

I think what's telling also... is if you were to ask true Madridsta's (actually Spanish Madrid fans in Madrid that go to games/watch every broadcast & have done for a significant amount of time) the same question, I'd suggest that Ronaldo would win over Cristiano comfortably, despite Cristiano's stats.

The reason why Cristiano is being linked with a move back to England is that A healthy amount of Madrid fans, don't like Cristiano as a player, they see the Walcott problem with him.

Jack 1017
8th February '12, 03:36 PM
Man U could put in 30m for him and he would go, Berbatov can confirm

Tony Starks
8th February '12, 03:52 PM

Shanger
8th February '12, 04:56 PM
Lol, I see your point but can you post up career stats please

i dont have a point l0l jus wanted to show guys bale aint some kick and run dickhead winger

Danielson
8th February '12, 05:14 PM
the way kits have gone all hipster now - look at how baggy the Barca shirt was compared to today's Puma kits for example lol.

Plak
8th February '12, 05:26 PM
Man City & Chelsea have the money to pay for him. Also, he's British so I wouldn't rule out Liverpool either.
if they pay £20m for Downing I wonder what that translates into for Bale.
But nah that won't happen.

Zoffie
8th February '12, 05:56 PM
I hope Bale stays at Spurs. Real Madrid will lose Mourinho so, they're going to go through a lot of changes once again.
Barcelona love to play slow football, even Cesc has recently come out & said, Guardiola keeps on telling him to slow it down & not play it as fast. Bale would be such an ill-fit.

Modric staying at Spurs & Bale there makes them a force. Might as well, stay there & try & make something of that team.