PDA

View Full Version : Which players would you like to become pundits when they stop playing?

zurich
7th February '12, 07:38 PM
I think Joey Barton will be great entertainment as he will keep it 100% real.

Who do you think will make good pundits or who would you personally like to.

Plak
7th February '12, 08:10 PM
Agree on Barton.
Frank Lampard. One of the most intelligent footballers, always keeps a level head and doesn't chat bare shit like some of them do.

Julio Cesar
7th February '12, 08:11 PM
Barton and Bellamy. Although not a player, I'd like to see Neil Warnock become a full time pundit aswell.

MyLord
7th February '12, 08:43 PM
Barton and Adebayor:evilgrin::laugh::dead:

BIGLEE
7th February '12, 08:45 PM
Barton , allardyce and balotelli

Pirate
7th February '12, 09:18 PM
Barton and Balotelli top shouts

I'd want someone like Shola Ameobi - intelligent, well-spoken and, crucially, unbiased towards the old "Big Four" (United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool) unlike more or less all pundits on TV.

Shearer - thick
Hansen - thick
Lawro - thick
Neville - clever enough BUT United bias
Redknapp - thick as pigshit
Souness - Liverpool bias
Dixon - Arsenal bias

etc

chris89
7th February '12, 09:23 PM
Barton and Bellamy. Although not a player, I'd like to see Neil Warnock become a full time pundit aswell.
Basically any cunt in English football?

He's not tbh, top pundit, proved everyone wrong including myself

Pirate
7th February '12, 09:26 PM

He's not tbh, top pundit, proved everyone wrong including myself

I reckon he's the best pundit on telly, but a couple of times he's been a little bit too biased lol

Julio Cesar
7th February '12, 09:28 PM

Characters, not cunts.

chris89
7th February '12, 09:39 PM
Characters, not cunts.

No you picked cunts, David Luiz & Mario Balotelli are characters, Craig Bellamy and Joey Barton are cunts

Hutch
7th February '12, 09:43 PM
Neville has proved me wrong too I thought he'd be a cunt, but he was definitely biased on Sunday. First real time I've seen that from him tho.

Lol at Barton :dead: guy just chats complete shit on Twitter, he can be a journalist when he retires.

Lampard would be good.
Clarke Carlisle I think will be anyway, he's already worked with sky when he's been injured.
David James maybe but could see him on BBC.

Would like to see it just stay as the Soccer saturday panel forever tho tbh.

Julio Cesar
7th February '12, 09:44 PM
No you picked cunts, David Luiz & Mario Balotelli are characters, Craig Bellamy and Joey Barton are cunts

They are two of the biggest characters in football. They may not be particularly nice people, but they are characters all the same. I'd rather listen to him than Alan Shearer, Hansen, Lawro, etc.

Nigel
7th February '12, 09:53 PM
Balotelli and Chris Kamara are doing this years FA Cup final on ITV, has already been confirmed.

ITV are aiming to spice up the game commentary to contrast Adrian Chiles boring monotonousness.

chris89
7th February '12, 10:40 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381330_209638235793531_100002420696944_433692_1200 476784_n.jpg

JamieQpr

Julio Cesar
7th February '12, 10:51 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381330_209638235793531_100002420696944_433692_1200 476784_n.jpg

JamieQpr
Its the Sergio Tacchini top that makes the picture :laugh:

EA
7th February '12, 10:56 PM
I like to hear insight from tactical players who read the game so I would love to hear ex-players like Bergkamp as pundits.

Zoffie
7th February '12, 11:00 PM
The reason why people love to hear what the likes of Roy Keane, Balotelli, Mourinho, Barton has to say, is because most of people in the industry are too safe, too boring, they don't even say what's on their minds half the time.

They just belt out cliches.

As far as pundits go for former football players, i don't really give a shit, but Gary Neville is a top man.
I hate Wilkins & most of everyone else in regular circulation, but, Merson gives me jokes.

Jay
7th February '12, 11:04 PM
Would like to see Ian Holloway doing more. Out of the current crop of players Im not really sure of anyone who would be good in front of the cameras other than people already mentioned. Barton just because he'd end up being controversial.

Hutch
7th February '12, 11:07 PM
The reason why people love to hear what the likes of Roy Keane, Balotelli, Mourinho, Barton has to say, is because most of people in the industry are too safe, too boring, they don't even say what's on their minds half the time.

They just belt out cliches.

As far as pundits go for former football players, i don't really give a shit, but Gary Neville is a top man.
I hate Wilkins & most of everyone else in regular circulation, but, Merson gives me jokes.

I've never heard a Chelsea fan come out with that, My word.

Ray Wilkins is a top bloke, I met him in Chelsea. He's a bias pundit towards us but he talks sense as well.

Shower Posse
7th February '12, 11:08 PM
Balotelli>>>>>

Pirate
7th February '12, 11:09 PM
I want someone who won't be afraid to criticise players and refs tbh

Julio Cesar
7th February '12, 11:10 PM
Ray wilkins is a tosser

Bergkamp
8th February '12, 06:17 PM
Barton and Balotelli top shouts

I'd want someone like Shola Ameobi - intelligent, well-spoken and, crucially, unbiased towards the old "Big Four" (United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool) unlike more or less all pundits on TV.

Shearer - thick
Hansen - thick
Lawro - thick
Redknapp - thick as pigshit
Souness - Liverpool bias
Dixon - Arsenal bias
etc

Nar boss, far from. This guy loves Man city

Ray wilkins is a tosser

I'll rather listen to Wilkins that Shearer. And he's from the manor

NE63
8th February '12, 06:21 PM
John Hartson came across well on MOTD a few weeks ago. I was pretty surprised because I always thought he was a total twat when he was a player.

Danielson
8th February '12, 06:24 PM
Cahill would make a good pundit although, as a Chelsea fan, he's a bit too honest lol...

BDG_lHqNwL8

honest, well-spoken and does not talk out of his arse. He seems like a genuine guy.

Pirate
8th February '12, 08:33 PM
Hartson >>>>>>

Cahill sounds pretty clever and genuine from that interview tbh

NE63
8th February '12, 08:57 PM
QUOTE=chris89;2707308]No you picked cunts, David Luiz & Mario Balotelli are characters, Craig Bellamy and Joey Barton are cunts[/QUOTE]

A kid I know used to be at Newcastle youths when Bellamy was a player and reckons he is a top bloke off the pitch.

Pirate
8th February '12, 09:36 PM
Bellamy's a cunt, ask Shearer he'll back me

Hij
8th February '12, 09:40 PM

Bellamy was a bit reckless and volatile but he's fine overall really. Does a lot of charity work as well, so he's certainly nowhere near a "cunt".

Gary Neville turned out to be quite good tbh so who knows?

Hutch
8th February '12, 09:41 PM

Xtra P
8th February '12, 10:19 PM
I like Bellamy tbh, seems like a real guy, someone you could actually roll with and catch joke.

Pirate
9th February '12, 12:18 AM
in fairness if it wasn't for what he did at the end of his newcastle days i wouldnt say he was a cunt but hey ho

Stellios
9th February '12, 02:55 PM
Kevin Phillips wants to go into it, and i think he would do well.

I'd like to see David James and Nicky Butt.

AJNorthEast
9th February '12, 03:20 PM
Anyone honest enough to say what they actually think without being worried in case they get into bother