PDA

View Full Version : What would your England Euro 2012 Squad be?

Nigel
4th February '12, 05:36 PM
Dunno if theres already a topic.
Squads are 23 men.

Starting Squad -
1. Joe Hart
2. Micah Richards
3. Ashley Cole
4. Phil Jones
5. Jack Wilshire (if fit)
6. John Terry
7. James Milner
8. Scott Parker
9. Daniel Sturridge
10. Ashley Young
11. Adam Johnson

Subs
12. Ben Foster
13. Chris Smalling
14. Baines
15. Jack Rodwell
16. Tom Cleverly
17. Frank Lampard
18. Danny Welbeck

Reserves
19. David Stockwell
20. Kyle Walker
21. Gareth Barry
22. Aaron Lennon
23. Wayne Rooney (banned for first game)

No. Goalies - 3
No. Defenders - 7
No. Midfielders - 7
No. Forwards - 6

Play a 4-3-2-1, with two wingers playing off the striker. Captain would be Hart or Richards, imo should go to someone who will hold it for the next few years.

Hij
4th February '12, 05:39 PM
Nah that's not it.

Because Capello prefers Oxlade Chamberlain

Or is a fan of him or something like that.

StrallyMan
4th February '12, 07:42 PM
Aaron Lennon n not Chamberlain :stunned:

and no Gerrard?

FoundTheGif
4th February '12, 08:04 PM
My squad:

Goalkeepers:
Hart, Foster, Stcokdale

Defenders:
Cahill, Cole, Richards, Smalling, Jones, Terry, Baines

Midfielders:
Barry, Parker, Cleverley, Young, OC, Johnson, Milner, Lampard or Gerrard (Whoever performs better over the current season)

Forwards:
Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Defoe, Bent

Would play 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1

Already mentioned the front four in another thread.

Nigel
5th February '12, 12:24 PM
Aaron Lennon n not Chamberlain :stunned:

and no Gerrard?

Lennons alot more proven that Chamberlain, and realistically this is a tourney we can do well in so want to take players we know can handle the pressure.

It was between Lampard and Gerrard for me, but Lampards record for England and in the Premiership outsides Gerrard. 2nd in World player of the year and Ballon D'or, 2 or 3 most prem assists ever, Chelseas 3rd leading goal scorer, averages over 10 assists and 1400 passes a season. Plus hes played alot more this year and with the current England team

Switch
5th February '12, 12:29 PM
Lennons alot more proven that Chamberlain, and realistically this is a tourney we can do well in so want to take players we know can handle the pressure.

It was between Lampard and Gerrard for me, but Lampards record for England and in the Premiership outsides Gerrard. 2nd in World player of the year and Ballon D'or, 2 or 3 most prem assists ever, Chelseas 3rd leading goal scorer, averages over 10 assists and 1400 passes a season. Plus hes played alot more this year and with the current England team:laugh: its england the whole squad doesn't handle pressure

The Don
5th February '12, 12:46 PM
Hart
Richards Cahill Terry Cole
Parker (c) Wilshere
Johnson Sturridge Young
Welbeck (for first 3 games)

Subs:
Ben Foster
Phil Jones/Chris Smalling
Baines
Rodwell
Lampard
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Rooney

Reserves:
Stockdale
Walker
Gerrard
Walcott
Zamora

captain's an interesting one, in that first 11 you'd say Parker but he's only recently become part of the international fold

think it'll be a temporary thing anyway with new manager installing a long-term one so i'd make parker captain for the euro's

chris89
5th February '12, 12:50 PM
I swear Parker barely opens his mouth?

masterpig
5th February '12, 12:59 PM
Joe hart for captain.

Wouldnt take terry or lampard.

The Don
5th February '12, 01:01 PM
obviously we can only assume but he seem's a good mature player to look to on the pitch with a good attitude

if we're being real terry is probably still captain, just with a slightly colder left upper-arm

BIGDON
5th February '12, 01:06 PM
Parker was a great captain and leader for us especially last season when we was down 3-0 at half time at West brom and came back to 3-3

SCOTT PARKER left his West Ham team-mates and coaching staff "close to tears" with an inspirational half-time speech at West Brom.

SunSport understands Parker told the players to remember 'those fans use every last penny they earn to come and sing their hearts out for us'.
He also ordered Avram Grant's under-achievers to show they deserve to wear the claret and blue jersey.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3409064/Scott-Parkers-half-time-speech-inspires-West-Ham.html

Cole hails 'inspirational' Scott Parker team-talk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9396118.stm

chris89
5th February '12, 01:36 PM
fair enough I never see him talking on the pitch though

Tony Starks
5th February '12, 01:48 PM
Lol @ Lennon. He's behind Walcott, Young and I'd start OC over both of them anyway

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 01:52 PM
Hart
Richards Cahill Terry Cole
Parker (c) Wilshere
Johnson Sturridge Young
Welbeck (for first 3 games)

Subs:
Ben Foster
Phil Jones/Chris Smalling
Baines
Rodwell
Lampard
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Rooney

Reserves:
Stockdale
Walker
Gerrard
Walcott
Zamora

captain's an interesting one, in that first 11 you'd say Parker but he's only recently become part of the international fold

think it'll be a temporary thing anyway with new manager installing a long-term one so i'd make parker captain for the euro's

Tell me you're joking please

Dunno if theres already a topic.
Squads are 23 men.

Starting Squad -
1. Joe Hart
2. Micah Richards
3. Ashley Cole
4. Phil Jones
6. John Terry
7. James Milner
8. Scott Parker
9. Daniel Sturridge
10. Ashley Young
11. Adam Johnson

Subs
12. Ben Foster
13. Chris Smalling
14. Baines
15. Jack Rodwell
16. Tom Cleverly
17. Frank Lampard
18. Danny Welbeck

Reserves
19. David Stockwell
20. Kyle Walker
21. Gareth Barry
22. Aaron Lennon

No. Goalies - 3
No. Defenders - 7
No. Midfielders - 7
No. Forwards - 6

Play a 4-3-2-1, with two wingers playing off the striker. Captain would be Hart or Richards, imo should go to someone who will hold it for the next few years.

Do you have something against Liverpool man? Completely dropped Glenn Johnson and Steven Gerrard lol

StrallyMan
5th February '12, 01:58 PM

Do you have something against Liverpool man? Completely dropped Glenn Johnson and Steven Gerrard lol

who needs Johnson when u got Richards

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 02:00 PM
who needs Johnson when u got Richards

And if Micah picks up an injury?
Dont tell me you'd throw in an untried and untested Kyle Walker, right?

StrallyMan
5th February '12, 02:04 PM
Dont tell me you'd throw in an untried and untested Phil Jones, right?

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 02:14 PM
My squad:

Goalkeepers:
Hart, Foster, Stcokdale

Defenders:
Cahill, Cole, Richards, Walker, Jones, Ferdinand, Baines

Midfielders:
Barry, Parker, Wilshere, Young, Walcott/Ox (depending on how they perform for the rest of the year), Johnson, Milner, Gerrard

Forwards:
Rooney, Carroll, Welbeck, Defoe, Bent

Gerrard or Ferdinand as captain

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 02:21 PM
Dont tell me you'd throw in an untried and untested Kyle Walker, right?
Actually I would lol.

Richards >>>> Walker >>>>>>>> Johnson

Feel kinda sorry for Walker tbh, he's a good young player, but as long as the Rhino is in front of him, he probably won't start.

My squad:

Goalkeepers:
Hart, Foster, Stcokdale

Defenders:
Cahill, Cole, Richards, Walker, Jones, Ferdinand, Baines

Midfielders:
Barry, Parker, Wilshere, Young, Walcott/Ox (depending on how they perform for the rest of the year), Johnson, Milner, Gerrard

Forwards:
Rooney, Carroll, Welbeck, Defoe, Bent

Gerrard or Ferdinand as captain

Sturridge is better then Carroll

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 02:21 PM
Im glad you guys arent football managers tbh.
An untried player at a major tournament over a seasoned pro :dead:

Micah should start ahead of Johnson yes, but atm Johnson should be chosen as back-up to Richards

Also Martin Kelly >>> Walker

Nigel
5th February '12, 02:22 PM

Had Johnson, but then noticed I never had a back up LB. Tbh, Walkers been on better form this season so deserves it more.

Why so many people taking 4/5 strikers?
England have only realy been using 1 front man the last few games, so taking bare strikers seems pointless.

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 02:25 PM
Sturridge is better then Carroll

Two different types of players, you need a different option in the team. Carroll provides an aerial + physical threat and would be usefu.

Micah should start ahead of Johnson yes, but atm Johnson should be chosen as back-up to Richards

Why not let Walker travel? If he's only going to be backup then there is no harm in giving him experience, people want Chamberlain to go despite not playing for England. The only reason your saying Kelly >>>> Walker is because you support liverpool.

Switch
5th February '12, 02:30 PM
Two different types of players, you need a different option in the team. Carroll provides an aerial + physical threat and would be useful.

:laugh:

he's been shit all season and not unless he starts banging in goals on a rvp flex he doesn't deserve to go

The Don
5th February '12, 02:32 PM
Tell me you're joking pleasel

best 'alternative' option england have

there's a stigma of him being a shit player which he can't shake but if we honestly analyse performances of england frontmen over the last 18 months he's in the top 5 and isn't as similar a player as the rest

he's better than carrol and crouch at holding up play and he offers something in games where you aren't the superior team which

A) darren bent doesn't

and

B) england might not be as soon as they meet a top 10 european side

he's not a starter but i'd bring him tbh

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 02:32 PM

Johnson's been average this season, Walker's has been better then him. Johnson's not even that reliable ffs.

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 02:37 PM
:laugh:

he's been shit all season and not unless he starts banging in goals on a rvp flex he doesn't deserve to go

His job isnt to score goals, he brings others in to the game and puts himself about,as I said he would be a good option to have considering that England often play with 1 up top.

chris89
5th February '12, 02:43 PM
People picking players based on visions of stuff they should be able to do but haven't actually done all season.

Andy Carroll lol, this aint fifa

Parrr
5th February '12, 02:46 PM
I can tell you most my players been picked already so I will tell you who I wouldn't take.

Carrol
Crouch
Barry
Terry (giving him the benefit of the doubt cause innocent untill proven guilty.. But when the case comes to a conclusion he shouldn't play for England again if guilty.)
Upson

They can all piss off ^

I really want Richards to travel but he never seems to get picked for some bizarre reason..

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 02:47 PM
Two different types of players, you need a different option in the team. Carroll provides an aerial + physical threat and would be usefu.

Why not let Walker travel? If he's only going to be backup then there is no harm in giving him experience, people want Chamberlain to go despite not playing for England. The only reason your saying Kelly >>>> Walker is because you support liverpool.

So you'd take up a space in the England squad just to give him experience?
No need to be there, he's good but currently third choice.
And yes I may be slightly biased but Kelly is better defensively and he can attack.

Switch
5th February '12, 02:48 PM
His job isnt to score goals, he brings others in to the game and puts himself about,as I said he would be a good option to have considering that England often play with 1 up top.a striker thats job isn't to score :dead:

like i said he's been shit all season whatever his job is/has been, he may put himself about but he's hardly been good at it, the guys all over the shop and until he sorts himself out he shouldn't be thought of when talking about internationals, there are lesser known players playing doing a better job than carroll (while scoring may i add) but won't get the chance

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 02:48 PM
Johnson's been average this season, Walker's has been better then him. Johnson's not even that reliable ffs.

It's a major tournament, you cant just throw these untested players into that kinda circumstance.
Swear Walker only has 2-3 caps, him and Kelly are the future England right backs but right now they simply arent

Switch
5th February '12, 02:50 PM
And yes I may be slightly biased but Kelly is better defensively and he can attack.i would take kelly to tbh, he's a good player

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 02:52 PM
And yes I may be slightly biased but Kelly is better defensively and he can attack.

I dont rate Johnson, and would rather take a future England starter in Walker rather than him. Not just to give him experience, but I think he could do a job if needed aswell.

a striker thats job isn't to score :dead:

like i said he's been shit all season whatever his job is/has been, he may put himself about but he's hardly been good at it, the guys all over the shop and until he sorts himself out he shouldn't be thought of when talking about internationals, there are lesser known players playing doing a better job than carroll (while scoring may i add) but won't get the chance
Exactly, a target man has to bring others into player and win headers, rather than being an out and out goalscorer, they should obviously chip in with a few goals aswell.

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 02:52 PM
I dont rate Johnson, and would rather take a future England starter in Walker rather than him. Not just to give him experience, but I think he could do a job if needed aswell.

People need to realize this is a major tournament and not a bunch of friendly games, you need experience.

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 02:54 PM
People picking players based on visions of stuff they should be able to do but haven't actually done all season.

Andy Carroll lol, this aint fifa

Why not? He'll do a decent job and provide a different option.

People need to realize this is a major tournament and not a bunch of friendly games, you need experience.

No point in bringing average players with experience, you might aswell bring somebody who is going to be taking Johnson's place soon to give them a taste of international football. We dont have a chance of winning it anyway IMO.

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 02:55 PM
Why not? He'll do a decent job and provide a different option.

No point in bringing average players with experience, you might aswell bring somebody who is going to be taking Johnson's place soon to give them a taste of international football. We dont have a chance of winning it anyway IMO.

The whole of the England squad besides maybe 2/3 players are average man

chris89
5th February '12, 02:56 PM
Need a good balance of youth and experience but if I was Sturridge, Welbeck, Defoe or Bent and an inexperienced, not on form player like Carroll got picked over me I'd retire from international football from humiliation

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 02:57 PM
The whole of the England squad besides maybe 2/3 players are average man

I know, which is why I think we should focus on youth this tournament, although obviously you do need a few experienced players chucked in there.

Plak
5th February '12, 02:58 PM
GK: Joe Hart
RB: Kyle Walker
CB: Joleon Lescott
CB: John Terry
LB: Ashley Cole
RM: Aaron Lennon
CM: Scott Parker
CM: James Milner
LM: Adam Johnson
ST: Wayne Rooney
ST: Darren Bent
S1: Rob Green
S2: Micah Richards
S3: Phil Jagielka
S4: Gareth Barry
S5: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
S6: Matt Jarvis
S7: Daniel Sturridge
R1: David Stockdale
R2: Leighton Baines
R3: Gary Cahill
R4: Frank Lampard
R5: Danny Welbeck

Personally think the only old heads that should be allowed to go are Lampard and Cole, and out of those two I would only want Cole starting every match. Jarvis deserves to go I think, but I'm not sure I would start him. Walker has been the best RB in the league this season IMBO. Terry has to start every game I think, even though he ain't exactly world class he is still one of the best English defenders that is fit on a regular basis. I don't think Wilshere will be fit and even if he is fit I don't think he'll get the playing time under his belt to be match fit. He hasn't played in months so even though he would go usually, and probably will go this season, I don't think he should go. I don't see England getting past the QF tbh so I don't really care who goes, but this squad should be about building a new England team with young players mixed with SOME experience.

M.O.G.
5th February '12, 02:59 PM
Need a good balance of youth and experience but if I was Sturridge, Welbeck, Defoe or Bent and an inexperienced, not on form player like Carroll got picked over me I'd retire from international football from humiliation

Even as a liverpool supporter i'd be ashamed to be English if Andy Carroll gets picked (on the basis of this seasons performances, unless he scores in every game until the end)

Matt Jarvis? LOL, im done.

Plak

Personally think the only old heads that should be allowed to go are Lampard and Cole, and out of those two I would only want Cole starting every match. Jarvis deserves to go I think, but I'm not sure I would start him. Walker has been the best RB in the league this season IMBO. Terry has to start every game I think, even though he ain't exactly world class he is still one of the best English defenders that is fit on a regular basis. I don't think Wilshere will be fit and even if he is fit I don't think he'll get the playing time under his belt to be match fit. He hasn't played in months so even though he would go usually, and probably will go this season, I don't think he should go. I don't see England getting past the QF tbh so I don't really care who goes, but this squad should be about building a new England team with young players mixed with SOME experience.

Switch
Exactly, a target man has to bring others into player and win headers, rather than being an out and out goalscorer, they should obviously chip in with a few goals aswell.then why not bring grant holt instead of shitty carroll, he's scored goals and is a good target man also chips in with a few assists?

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 03:02 PM
then why not bring grant holt instead of shitty carroll, he's scored goals and is a good target man also chips in with a few assists?

Are you seriously suggesting Grant Holt is better than Andy Carroll? If so then there is no need to further this discussion.

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 03:06 PM

Can confirm that starting XI will be ripped apart.

Lennon, and Lescott should not start for England. Darren Bent has been poor this season. May as well start Defoe.

smh at Jarvis and Jagielka. You make it hard for people to take you seriously.

Switch
5th February '12, 03:06 PM
Are you seriously suggesting Grant Holt is better than Andy Carroll? If so then there is no need to further this discussion.has grant holt not out performed andy carroll this season in the manner that you would like to see carroll actually play?

chris89
5th February '12, 03:09 PM
has grant holt not out performed andy carroll this season in the manner that you would like to see carroll actually play?

5th February '12, 03:10 PM
starting 11

hart - (c)
richards - terry - lescott - cole
milner - gerrard - wilshere
the ox - welbeck - young

subs / reserves

foster
stcokdale
walker
jones
cahill
baines
parker
cleverly
johnson
sturridge
rooney
bent

duppy teams with pace say nizzy...

BIGDON
5th February '12, 03:12 PM
yes big up Green without doubt the 2nd best English keeper fuck Foster and Stockdale

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 03:14 PM
has grant holt not out performed andy carroll this season in the manner that you would like to see carroll actually play?

He's scored 2 more goals than him, whoppdee doo. Luke Young has as many league goals as Torres this season, does that mean Chelsea should sign him and play him up front? Statistics dont tell the truth the whole time, and you should be taking future internationals, not donkeys. Carroll has more potential than Holt could dream of.

Switch
5th February '12, 03:20 PM
He's scored 2 more goals than him, whoppdee doo. Luke Young has as many league goals as Torres this season, does that mean Chelsea should sign him and play him up front? Statistics dont tell the truth the whole time, and you should be taking future internationals, not donkeys. Carroll has more potential than Holt could dream of.
:laugh::laugh:

carroll fits into both categories but is more of a donkey

just to let you know holt was merely an example, i wouldn't take either as neither of them are good enough and for the record this season holt has 7 goals and carroll has what 3 is that 2 goals difference lol bare in mind carroll is playing in a better team and has had more shots

Julio Cesar
5th February '12, 03:22 PM
:laugh::laugh:

carroll fits into both categories but is more of a donkey

just to let you know holt was merely an example, i wouldn't take either as neither of them are good enough and for the record this season holt has 7 goals and carroll has what 3 is that 2 goals difference lol bare in mind carroll is playing in a better team and has had more shots
Was talking about goals in all competitions, carroll has 7 Holt has 9 = 2 difference. I highly doubt that Holt has had more shots, could be wrong though.

5th February '12, 03:22 PM

who said carroll is a future international??

his career is going nowhere ffs, if he can't get away with fouling players he's useless :laugh:

Switch
5th February '12, 03:28 PM
Was talking about goals in all competitions, carroll has 7 Holt has 9 = 2 difference. I highly doubt that Holt has had more shots, could be wrong though.face it whatever way you try to look at it carroll still looks shit and has yet to prove anyone wrong, well bar you i guess

who said carroll is a future international??

his career is going nowhere ffs, if he can't get away with fouling players he's useless :laugh:.
his future is bleek no memphis

zurich
5th February '12, 03:49 PM
Owen >>>>>>>>> Crouch/Carroll

Plak
5th February '12, 07:18 PM
Can confirm that starting XI will be ripped apart.

Lennon, and Lescott should not start for England. Darren Bent has been poor this season. May as well start Defoe.

smh at Jarvis and Jagielka. You make it hard for people to take you seriously.
Post yours up then. Lennon of course should be starting for England, who the fuck else do we play, Theo fucking Walcott?
Let me guess, as you're a manure fuckboy you'll say Smalling or Ferdinand (LOL) should be starting ahead of Lescott?
Fuck that.
Jarvis is a very good winger who only doesn't get picked purely because of the team he plays for.
Jagielka is a better, more experienced centre back than most we could take. I can't think of anyone else other than Dawson (LOL shit) Shawcross (LOL shit) King (ALWAYS injured) Ferdinand (LOL ALWAYS INJURED AND SHIT), so there really is no one I'd rather take.

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 07:24 PM
Post yours up then. Lennon of course should be starting for England, who the fuck else do we play, Theo fucking Walcott?
Let me guess, as you're a manure fuckboy you'll say Smalling or Ferdinand (LOL) should be starting ahead of Lescott?
Fuck that.
Jarvis is a very good winger who only doesn't get picked purely because of the team he plays for.
Jagielka is a better, more experienced centre back than most we could take. I can't think of anyone else other than Dawson (LOL shit) Shawcross (LOL shit) King (ALWAYS injured) Ferdinand (LOL ALWAYS INJURED AND SHIT), so there really is no one I'd rather take.

Can confirm I would Walcott ahead of Lennon. As for the CB thing I was gonna say Cahill. Jarvis is the definition of average, he's literally an average winger. Young is better then Jarvis. The reason you can't think anyone else but those 4 is because you're fucking retarded.

Can confirm I would take Smalling over Jagielka.

Nigel
5th February '12, 07:26 PM
Plak you do know England ain't played a 442 in donkeys, right?

Also guys saying Carroll. LOOOOOOL
Englands formation is reliant on a striker who can interchange, move about and drop back. Carroll can't do that. He probably thinks its 5 a side and one player always has to be in the oppositions half. He just ain't good enough atm for Internationals, when kids like Sturridge and Wellbeck are having much bigger effects. Cant see Carroll knowing what to do as a lone striker.

Plak
5th February '12, 07:27 PM
Can confirm I would Walcott ahead of Lennon. As for the CB thing I was gonna say Cahill. Jarvis is the definition of average, he's literally an average winger. Young is better then Jarvis. The reason you can't think anyone else but those 4 is because you're fucking retarded.

Can confirm I would take Smalling over Jagielka.

Your opinion is now null and void.

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 07:32 PM
Your opinion is now null and void.

Lennon aka one trick pony. Run to the byline, pullback, hope someone's there. Don't even know why I'm taking you seriously tbh, you said Jarvis should be in the squad. Also said without Van Persie Arsenal would be 13th or some shit like that. smh

Plak
5th February '12, 07:40 PM
Lennon aka one trick pony. Run to the byline, pullback, hope someone's there. Don't even know why I'm taking you seriously tbh, you said Jarvis should be in the squad. Also said without Van Persie Arsenal would be 13th or some shit like that. smh

My guess: You haven't watched Spurs in ages, you've watched England with Lennon in but only with Johnson behind him (who is a FUCKING SHIT right back btw) and you follow the media like a sheep claiming he has "no end product" or whatever.
If Lennon is a one trick pony what the fuck does that make Walcott?
I said Arsenal would finish mid table, which is 8th-13th, and they would without RVP. He has CARRIED them the whole season.
Alright, if I had to go back and change it, I would probably pick Young ahead of Jarvis, I forgot about Young tbh. But you're gassed and full of shit frankly.
Walcott ahead of Lennon...SMH.

5th February '12, 07:43 PM
ITT most people chat air...

:lol:

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 07:51 PM
My guess: You haven't watched Spurs in ages, you've watched England with Lennon in but only with Johnson behind him (who is a FUCKING SHIT right back btw) and you follow the media like a sheep claiming he has "no end product" or whatever.
If Lennon is a one trick pony what the fuck does that make Walcott?
I said Arsenal would finish mid table, which is 8th-13th, and they would without RVP. He has CARRIED them the whole season.
Alright, if I had to go back and change it, I would probably pick Young ahead of Jarvis, I forgot about Young tbh. But you're gassed and full of shit frankly.
Walcott ahead of Lennon...SMH.

It makes Walcott better then him. I'm not sure what to say. If you think Lennon is a better winger then Walcott your lost. Also gassed in what way? Your team is shit, and you're biased because Lennon plays for Spurs. How is he better then Walcott? Don't mention pace, because when they're both that fast it's irrelevant. Is he a better finisher? Better dribbler? In what way is he better then Walcott.

Plak
5th February '12, 07:56 PM
It makes Walcott better then him. I'm not sure what to say. If you think Lennon is a better winger then Walcott your lost. Also gassed in what way? Your team is shit, and you're biased because Lennon plays for Spurs. How is he better then Walcott? Don't mention pace, because when they're both that fast it's irrelevant. Is he a better finisher? Better dribbler? In what way is he better then Walcott.

Lennon is a better crosser than Walcott, and they're probably equal in terms of finishing.
Though Walcott has 3 goals and 7 assists this season to Lennon's 3 goals and 3 assists, Lennon has only played 13 games as opposed to Walcott's 23, on top of that 3 of those assists came against Blackburn yesterday.

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 08:04 PM
Lennon is a better crosser than Walcott, and they're probably equal in terms of finishing.
Though Walcott has 3 goals and 7 assists this season to Lennon's 3 goals and 3 assists, Lennon has only played 13 games as opposed to Walcott's 23, on top of that 3 of those assists came against Blackburn yesterday.

Lennon isn't a better finisher then Walcott. Your whole opinion on this matter can't even be trusted because you're a Tottenham fan, trying to one of your players is better then another player on your rival team. Your whole opinion is beyond biased.

Plak
5th February '12, 08:08 PM
Lennon isn't a better finisher then Walcott. Your whole opinion on this matter can't even be trusted because you're a Tottenham fan, trying to one of your players is better then another player on your rival team. Your whole opinion is beyond biased.
I didn't say better you doughnut I said equal.

Also you say Lescott shouldn't start for England, but then who should?

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 08:14 PM
I didn't say better you doughnut I said equal.

Also you say Lescott shouldn't start for England, but then who should?

Can you read? I've already said Cahill. Lennon always pulls off these shit, weak shots. Can't finish to save his life.

Plak
5th February '12, 08:18 PM
Can you read? I've already said Cahill. Lennon always pulls off these shit, weak shots. Can't finish to save his life.

And yet
Same amount of goals as Walcott in 10 less apps.
Cahill ahead of Lescott yeah?
Cahill who's been in the worst defence in the league for 6 months yeah?
Not Lescott who's been in the best defence in the league for 6 months yeah?
LOL.

Plak
5th February '12, 08:19 PM

And yet
LOL.

I LOVE GRIME
5th February '12, 08:22 PM
all i know is walcott should not be going to the euros under any circumstances

Tony Starks
5th February '12, 08:29 PM

Walcott has 4 goals and 8 assists actually

For all his shortcomings, when hes on his game hes effective. i'd def take him, ask Barca how effective Theo Walcott is off the bench

Plak
5th February '12, 08:31 PM
Walcott has 4 goals and 8 assists actually

For all his shortcomings, when hes on his game hes effective. i'd def take him, ask Barca how effective Theo Walcott is off the bench

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/67507/theo-walcott?cc=5739
Got my stats from here, might be wrong then.
Problem is Walcott's "game" don't come around nearly enough to warrant him a place on the plane IMO. To this day he still has had only one outstanding England performance; against an under-strength Croatia side.

Tony Starks
5th February '12, 08:36 PM
Wayne Rooney was anonymous at 2 world cups, hes banned for two games and hes still gotta go cos we all know what he can do when hes on his game. Same with Theo

ESPN has only league stats, Whoscored.com is a better site and database for stats

http://www.whoscored.com/

Plak
5th February '12, 08:41 PM
Wayne Rooney was anonymous at 2 world cups, hes banned for two games and hes still gotta go cos we all know what he can do wen hes on is game. Same with Theo

ESPN has only league stats, Whoscored.com is a better site and database for stats

http://www.whoscored.com/
ESPN has all stats, I was just focussing on league stats as that's a more fair reflection (Theo has been playing in CL whereas Lennon had EL which we weren't taking seriously at all).
I dunno, tbh I think Lennon and Walcott are similar players of similar ability, just seems to me that Lennon when he hits a run of form is incredible (any Spurs fans who got to watch him 09/10 will tell you he went on a run where if he wasn't playing we weren't doing well, and this was the season we got CL. I dunno if Walcott has that in him tbh.

Also for clarity I'd rather no Spurs players went to Euro2012 as England has a history of injuring Spurs players taking them to meaningless friendlies or playing them in 1 or 2 games in tournaments. But I'm saying if I was England manager I would take Lennon.

FoundTheGif
5th February '12, 11:56 PM
And yet
LOL.

Actually Blackburn has the worst defence in the leagye.
Lescott doesn't do much defending considering the midfield in front of him, and the person he has next to him (Kompany). His team aims to keep possession of the ball.

Plak
5th February '12, 11:59 PM
Actually Blackburn has the worst defence in the leagye.
Lescott doesn't do much defending considering the midfield in front of him, and the person he has next to him (Kompany). His team aims to keep possession of the ball.
It wasn't before he moved...
...Lescott is better than Cahill.

Zoffie
6th February '12, 08:42 PM
Rooney
Oxlade----------------Sturridge
Wilshere Gerrard
Parker
A.Cole Jones Smalling K.Walker
Hart

Gary Neville starting XI

6th February '12, 08:59 PM
lol

/

i agree with you that lescott is better than cahill in your other post tho...

Pirate
6th February '12, 11:51 PM
Starting Squad -
1. Joe Hart
2. Micah Richards
3. Ashley Cole
4. Phil Jones
6. Joleon Lescott (has had a great season for Citeh tbh)
7. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
8. Scott Parker
9. Daniel Sturridge
10. Darren Bent (quality player imo)
11. Ashley Young

Subs
12. Ben Foster
13. Gary Cahill
14. Kyle Walker
15. Steven Gerrard
16. Tom Cleverly
17. Frank Lampard
18. Danny Welbeck

Reserves
19. David Stockwell
20. Leighton Baines
21. Gareth Barry
22. Aaron Lennon

Captain - Micah Richards
Play a 4-4-2 with either Wilshere and Parker central midfield or Parker and Cleverly dependent on fitnesses. Want one experienced and one younger in partnerships tbh

chris89
6th February '12, 11:57 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/nyu001.png

lululu

GrimmyGrimGrim
7th February '12, 12:02 AM

wud
7th February '12, 12:05 AM
Agbonlahor - Rooney
Lennon ------------------ Ox
Parker - Milner
A.Cole - Terry - Lescott - Richards
Hart

4-4-2 Diamond. Agbonlahor > Bent anyday for me. Could play Jones in DM instead of Milner.

7th February '12, 12:08 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/nyu001.png

lululu

and rightly so...

Tony Starks
7th February '12, 12:18 AM
Rooney
Wilshere Gerrard
Parker
A.Cole Jones Smalling K.Walker
Hart

Gary Neville starting XI
Probably the best side posted ITT. SMFH wud suggesting starting Agbonlahor you've lost your damn mind

Throw Richards and Lescott in over Walker and Smalling and that's my team.

Pristine Condition
7th February '12, 12:49 AM
People seriously thinking of taking Wilshire, even though he has been out all season? :stunned:

When is he due back? Has he even kicked a ball since his injury? Risky nonetheless.

wud
7th February '12, 01:00 AM
Probably the best side posted ITT. SMFH wud suggesting starting Agbonlahor you've lost your damn mind

He's faster than Walcott, he's strong, he can finish with both feet, he's an aerial threat...he's better than Darren fucking Bent. I'm of the opinion you'd start with him and Rooney up top, then throw on Welbeck or Sturridge to up the tempo, it'd make more sense keeping them as impact subs.

chris89
7th February '12, 01:06 AM
Agbonlahor hasn't scored for fucking ages lol

MoneyMan
7th February '12, 01:06 AM
I'm just here to confirm Gary Hooper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all strikers England can take except Rooney and Welbeck. I'm not fully convinced on Sturridge yet, everytime I think YES he's sick, he goes a bit shit.

Keyser Söze
7th February '12, 01:08 AM
Heskey !

chris89
7th February '12, 01:13 AM
I'm just here to confirm Gary Hooper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all strikers England can take except Rooney and Welbeck. I'm not fully convinced on Sturridge yet, everytime I think YES he's sick, he goes a bit shit.

he's been sick since the beginning of the season tbh, then he got injured and didn't do much for a few games, kinda turned up vs utd, sold evra for our 1st

vibezin
7th February '12, 01:24 PM
id take the ox tbh sub or starting hes better than most players in the prem atm and hes 18

quality
7th February '12, 01:27 PM
Hart

Richards
Smalling
Lescott (I know... But er?)
Cole

Parker
Milner
Wilshire (if he makes it)

Sturridge
Rooney
Welbeck

For the first game, replace Rooney with Chamberlain or something.

vibezin
7th February '12, 03:40 PM
whilshire is due back soon....

lescott is okay overrated tbh

FoundTheGif
7th February '12, 06:11 PM
Pretty sure Wilshere is out for the season.

Grizzly
7th February '12, 06:21 PM
just stay at home tbh.

ferdinand, lampard, terry are shit and gerrard is on his way but they will all be picked

DTR
7th February '12, 06:42 PM
Rooney----Welbeck
Wilshere----Parker
Cole Smalling Lescott Richards
Hart