PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the England captain?

MoneyMan
3rd February '12, 03:47 PM
Alright I don't care who is the best player, who has been captain before, who the FA are likely to promote in the future, who you personally support - just vote for who YOU think would make the best captain of our national team.

I included the main options and some random players, don't think i've missed anyone major out.

FTR I know Rio has just ruled himself out, I don't care about that either, if you want him to be captain then vote for him.

I will tell you who I want and why later on, so as not to prejudice the statistics :-D

quality
3rd February '12, 03:51 PM
I couldn't care less. But Milner being on there and Barry (was in line previously) and Parker not being is lol-worthy.

MyLord
3rd February '12, 03:53 PM
Gerrard. IF he can stay fit or Lampard. Rio is the best option imo

fuck terry

I LOVE GRIME
3rd February '12, 03:55 PM
will be barry

MoneyMan
3rd February '12, 03:57 PM
I couldn't care less. But Milner being on there and Barry (was in line previously) and Parker not being is lol-worthy.

oh ffs u cunts will moan about anything!

Milner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry x100000

but yeah c/s about Scotty I did forget him lulz :pinkface:

I don't really care either btw, Liverpool>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>England, but it's a topical topic so I went for it!

Scrappy123
3rd February '12, 04:25 PM
Where is Chris Smalling option?

Lolz

Julio Cesar
3rd February '12, 04:28 PM
Voted Rio, im sure Anton would be a suitable replacement aswell.

quality
3rd February '12, 04:34 PM
http://worldofweirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/angry_rooney_440.jpg

True patriot.

It should be Joe Hart really, but it won't be.

Villain_94
3rd February '12, 04:41 PM
joe hart, he's the best player in the england team

Mr. Jefferies
3rd February '12, 04:45 PM
It depends what you're looking for in a captain.

Rooney is a regular starter, a hard-worker, a leader, the best player in the team and fiercely patriotic but has his tantrums which can cost the team and tend to cost them at the most vital moments. Also inconsistent and when he plays poorly, England tend to struggle.

Joe Hart was my other candidate, he's the undisputed no. 1 English goalkeeper and a regular, not sure how patriotic he is but seems a good lad and conducts himself well on and off the pitch, not sure if this alone is worthy of giving him the captain's armband, plus he's a goalkeeper*.

These are the two standout candidates. I personally would give it to Rooney as *I'm not a fan of having a goalkeeper as the captain when he's stood in his 18-yard box all game.

I thought after the Bridge/Terry thing it should still be Terry as he's a clear leader but I don't know if it's wise to let him carry on, especially if players in the squad aren't happy with it.

MoneyMan
3rd February '12, 04:51 PM
I think Stevie or Hart and i'm not even gonna say why.

Mr. Jefferies
3rd February '12, 04:55 PM
It shouldn't be Gerrard, what happened to this new, youthful England Capello promised after the World Cup? Plus you need the captain to be a first choice on the teamsheet and Gerrard ain't.

Zoffie
3rd February '12, 04:55 PM
Most capped bar Terry. Coz it's meaningless any way. Terry doesn't know how not to be a leader, like when Chelsea had Drogba, Ballack, Terry....
Natural leaders will lead regardless.

Let's just hope England win.

Mr. Jefferies
3rd February '12, 04:58 PM
Most capped bar Terry. Coz it's meaningless any way. Terry doesn't know how not to be a leader, like when Chelsea had Drogba, Ballack, Terry....
Natural leaders will lead regardless.

Let's just hope England win.

Agree with this.

Big 45
3rd February '12, 05:14 PM
Rooney.

Rio and Gerrard have had their time.

Rooney stands out from the rest of the bunch. He'd be able to tell the team what to do whilst at the same time still being respected by them. The England team is nothing without him. I think being given this responsibility would encourage him to be more focused on the field and not lose his cool so much.

Plus he has the Manchester United fighting spirit engrained in him, never giving up and always working hard to get the result needed. Alot of players in the team could learn from that.

Hart maybe, but I think a goalkeeper captain will be useless imo.

No bias of course.

Mr. Jefferies
3rd February '12, 05:18 PM
Rooney.

Rio and Gerrard have had their time.

Rooney stands out from the rest of the bunch. He'd be able to tell the team what to do whilst at the same time still being respected by them. The England team is nothing without him. I think being given this responsibility would encourage him to be more focused on the field and not lose his cool so much.

Plus he has the Manchester United fighting spirit engrained in him, never giving up and always working hard to get the result needed. Alot of players in the team could learn from that.

Hart maybe, but I think a goalkeeper captain will be useless imo.

No bias of course.

This was my thinking also, the extra responsibility might make him grow up a bit.

Scrappy123
3rd February '12, 05:21 PM
Joey Barton tbh.

He will make us all proud.

ThatGuy
3rd February '12, 05:21 PM
Scott Parker for captain.

chris89
3rd February '12, 05:46 PM
Joe Hart, but voted for Terry

MoneyMan
3rd February '12, 05:49 PM
Joe Hart, but voted for Terry

:laugh:

No bias

Hutch
3rd February '12, 06:21 PM
Terry, there's no better captain.

Rambo
3rd February '12, 06:27 PM
Gareth barry

3rd February '12, 07:05 PM
Micah Richards cah he's black.

DTR
3rd February '12, 07:08 PM
Should regularly start Parker and give it to him, he fits the role good enough.

FoundTheGif
3rd February '12, 07:11 PM
Rooney. The only worry is him lashing out and the fact he's missing the opening games.

Mr. Jefferies
3rd February '12, 07:11 PM
Should regularly start Parker and give it to him, he fits the role good enough.

You don't just start a player for the sake of giving them the captaincy.

It's between Rooney and Hart as those two are the only two that will start when everyone is fit.

DTR
3rd February '12, 07:15 PM
You don't just start a player for the sake of giving them the captaincy.

It's between Rooney and Hart as those two are the only two that will start when everyone is fit.
I know, but he's worthy to be a regular starter anyway.

Mr. Jefferies
3rd February '12, 07:21 PM
The point is, he isn't a starter. So he's not or shouldn't be in the running to be the captain.

I expect Gerrard will get it as he's vice-captain and Rooney will miss the first two games of the Euros.

Rambo
3rd February '12, 07:23 PM
gareth barry>>>scott parker

3rd February '12, 07:32 PM
The point is, he isn't a starter. So he's not or shouldn't be in the running to be the captain.

I expect Gerrard will get it as he's vice-captain and Rooney will miss the first two games of the Euros.

Are you dumb??

Parker will start for England... Gerrard - Parker - Wilshere (if fit) < All three have injury problems lulu

So Parker's a good shout for the captaincy, Gerrard will probably get it tho (if fit)

:dead:

DTR
3rd February '12, 07:34 PM
Are you dumb??

Parker will start for England... Gerrard - Parker - Wilshere (if fit) < All three have injury problems lulu

So Parker's a good shout for the captaincy, Gerrard will probably get it tho (if fit)

:dead:
Playing devil's advocate here and what not, but then where will Lampard play?

kilik
3rd February '12, 07:35 PM

Notsureifserious

Rambo
3rd February '12, 07:37 PM
Gareth barry is mad underrated, is first choice for city and dictates the way they play in a lot of matches, his off the ball movement and passing range is fantastic and allows people like silva and nasri freedom with his positional sense..

scott parker is good, Gareth barry is just better

Pirate
3rd February '12, 07:37 PM
Rio but only because he's Anton's brother tbh

If I was being serious then I'd have to say Wilshere as much as it pains me, next generation thing, or Micah

3rd February '12, 07:38 PM
Playing devil's advocate here and what not, but then where will Lampard play?

:laugh::dozey:

Lampard won't be starting games for England again... unless there are injuries to the three players i named...

Gareth barry is mad underrated, is first choice for city and dictates the way they play in a lot of matches, his off the ball movement and passing range is fantastic and allows people like silva and nasri freedom with his positional sense..

scott parker is good, Gareth barry is just better
Barry has been good for City, but for England :laugh:

England don't have a player like Silva...

Rambo
3rd February '12, 07:43 PM
:laugh::dozey:

Lampard won't be starting games for England again... unless there are injuries to the three players i named...

Barry has been good for City, but for England :laugh:

England don't have a player like Silva...

i agree, but barry in a anchorman role behind wilshere and gerrard would be essentially the same...

FoundTheGif
3rd February '12, 07:46 PM
He should take Carrick.

The Stig
3rd February '12, 07:53 PM
Rio should NEVER be captain. I picked Terry but think Richards would be a good captain tbh. Him or Hart

lol

Julio Cesar
3rd February '12, 08:35 PM
I agree with Will Magnus, I'd have Barry over Parker aswell. Better defensively and stronger, allows more creative players to do there thing.

Pirate
3rd February '12, 08:46 PM
Biased as a Newcastle fan but I rate Parker highly, have done since he played for us no bandwagon thing lol

MoneyMan
4th February '12, 09:21 PM
Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry it's not even worth discussing lol

kilik
4th February '12, 09:23 PM
Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry it's not even worth discussing lol

guys have forgotten how bad barry was at the world cup

EA
4th February '12, 09:24 PM
It should be Joe Hart really, but it won't be.