- Michael Owen to Man Utd
- Capping Anthony Gardiner
- Ryan fucking Nelsen

Mr. Jefferies
1st February '12, 09:25 PM
- Michael Owen to Man Utd
- Capping Anthony Gardiner
- Ryan fucking Nelsen

Definitely this. Genuine 'WTF' moment. Although I had heard the rumour early on in the day I thought it wouldn't happen.

Grimes
1st February '12, 09:27 PM
paying 20 mil for keane
Courting Gareth Barry at the expense of xabi alonso
bringing on lucas for gerrard against everton

Mr. Jefferies
1st February '12, 09:46 PM
£7mil for a tramp? who dat.

Bebe.

sHyeRiIEK0M

:cool1:

Tony Starks
1st February '12, 09:53 PM
:stunned: Never seen that Bebe video before. 7 Million?? I was even surprised to see he was still on the field in the second half

Hutch
1st February '12, 09:53 PM
I've said 'what the fuck' at quite a lot of AvB's subs during games this season.

Leaving Lampard on the Bench and starting Meireles.
Starting Torres

Can we have owners decisions?
Sacking Mourinho.

EDIT: This looks like I hate AvB but I don't lol, just should have never sacked Mourinho.

MoneyMan
1st February '12, 09:56 PM
Too many to name

Silence
1st February '12, 09:58 PM
Constantly playing Karl Henry.

chris89
1st February '12, 10:01 PM
avb bringing on kalou against Valencia this season when trying to hold onto a lead

man city signing nasri

paying 20 mil for keane
Courting Gareth Barry at the expense of xabi alonso
bringing on lucas for gerrard against everton

lulu... biggest rafa fail

Tony Starks
Taking Theo to the World cup, strange but excuseable. Clearly having no intention of wanting to play him is what angered me.

Wenger subbing off The Ox the other week

Wenger continuing to play Cygan, Almunia, Fabianski, Silvestre, Squilacci, Chamakh

Hutch
1st February '12, 10:02 PM
avb bringing on kalou against Valencia this season when trying to hold onto a lead

Unbelievable Jeff

Plak
1st February '12, 10:10 PM
Ever buying Crouch.
Playing Crouch 73 times in the league.
Passing up on Rémy, Súarez and others because we already had Crouch.
Not playing Pavlyuchenko, even when on form, because of Crouch.
Playing Crouch in a European competition against the second best team in the world.
Trying to partner every striker and VDV we had with Crouch, instead of trying to form another pairing.

The Don
1st February '12, 10:10 PM
:stunned: Never seen that Bebe video before. 7 Million?? I was even surprised to see he was still on the field in the second half

this!

actually laughed

taking off the ox the other week was bad

i have shook my head at a lot of avb subs this year, and things like playing lukaku on the wing, and persisting with bosingwa despite him being genuinely abysmal - but they're not quite up there with 7 million on a player you've never seen play from the portuguese lower leagues

FoundTheGif
1st February '12, 10:59 PM
Mancini buying Nasri lululul

Carroll Going for 35 mil LULULULUL

Danielson
1st February '12, 11:04 PM
any manager that signs Barton. Not because he's a bad footballer, he isn't, but because he's a complete arsehole.

Rambo
1st February '12, 11:13 PM
Constantly playing Karl Henry.

dickhead

Silence
1st February '12, 11:15 PM
dickhead

Add Stearman aswell.

Hutch
1st February '12, 11:16 PM
Starting Danny Gabbidon

JamieQpr

Plak
1st February '12, 11:27 PM
Chelsea signing Sidwell leaves me baffed to this day.

Rambo
1st February '12, 11:41 PM
Add Stearman aswell.

lol didn't watch us in the championship then.. strawberry... if you had of said leon clarke, or thomas frankoweski i would of understood but to pick out one of our best midfielders and a talented young centre back being played out of position is idiotic

quality
1st February '12, 11:55 PM
Definitely this. Genuine 'WTF' moment. Although I had heard the rumour early on in the day I thought it wouldn't happen.

Watching his MOTD mates justify it was hilarious then, and whenever they try it now. Can't knock him, his brochure worked.

LOOOOL forgot about Steve Sidwell.

Switch
2nd February '12, 12:02 AM
playing bendtner on the wing
persisting with players that consistently let you down
constantly losing our best players and not replacing them properly and still thinking we can challenge for the big trophies
saying you want super quality players *buys chamakh*

Matt91
2nd February '12, 12:06 AM
8 mill for hutton
selling berbatov and gettin frazier "black zoro" campbell in on loan
buying back keane from lpool
rasziak
ryan nelsen

quality
2nd February '12, 12:10 AM
8 mill for hutton
selling berbatov and gettin frazier "black zoro" campbell in on loan
buying back keane from lpool
rasziak
ryan nelsen

A million times yes.

Any time Paul Stalteri played.

Matt91
2nd February '12, 12:16 AM
A million times yes.

Any time Paul Stalteri played.

except when he played against west ham :evilgrin:

seeing mark noble and all those hammers crying was a magnificant sight, especially with me being from essex :laugh:
the abuse i've taken from when fuckin elvis hammond and grimsby knocked us out of cups to lasange gate that game was excellent - was also taraabt's finest hour for us in 10 mins winning us the freekick

quality
2nd February '12, 12:23 AM
except when he played against west ham :evilgrin:

seeing mark noble and all those hammers crying was a magnificant sight, especially with me being from essex :laugh:
the abuse i've taken from when fuckin elvis hammond and grimsby knocked us out of cups to lasange gate that game was excellent - was also taraabt's finest hour for us in 10 mins winning us the freekick

That was one of the best games I've ever seen to be honest. Nonsense from start to finish. Put your shirt back on Tevez you fat cunt.

Matt91
2nd February '12, 12:30 AM
I'm gonna put it out there that Berbatov has been our best striker the past decade, he made things look so effortless and easy to think if he was still with us>>>>

quality
2nd February '12, 12:31 AM
I'm gonna put it out there that Berbatov has been our best striker the past decade, he made things look so effortless and easy to think if he was still with us>>>>

Probably tbh, but I always thought him and Keane were never really good at the same point (apart from Fulham away in that shit coloured away shirt). Were both pretty patchy.

He was a proper Spurs player, classy but absolutely no consistency or desire to really work too hard.

Silence
2nd February '12, 12:37 AM
lol didn't watch us in the championship then.. strawberry... if you had of said leon clarke, or thomas frankoweski i would of understood but to pick out one of our best midfielders and a talented young centre back being played out of position is idiotic

Been watching wolves for last 15 years and i don't think either are prem quality..guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Matt91
2nd February '12, 12:37 AM
i can't remember performances together bar the fulham game but i felt they complimented each other well from what i remember they were both on the same wavelength more often than not. I remember the game berbatov scored 4 against reading and we won 6-4 - i was behind most of the goals in second half we played pretty shit that day iirc

quality
2nd February '12, 12:38 AM
i can't remember performances together bar the fulham game but i felt they complimented each other well from what i remember they were both on the same wavelength more often than not. I remember the game berbatov scored 4 against reading and we won 6-4 - i was behind most of the goals in second half we played pretty shit that day iirc

Yeah don't think we'll ever get a better strikeforce. But I think Berbatov was at his level tbh, if he had a bad game no one really cared. Now at Utd if he has a bad game (or even now if he has a good one) he ain't playing for a month.

Matt91
2nd February '12, 12:45 AM
oh yeah agreed his whole attitude and stuff was always very questionable as we found out

Plak
2nd February '12, 12:49 AM
Berbatov from 2007/08 times would win us the league no gas.

2nd February '12, 12:50 AM
Taking Theo to the World cup, strange but excuseable. Clearly having no intention of wanting to play him is what angered me.

Wenger subbing off The Ox the other week

Wenger continuing to play Cygan, Almunia, Fabianski, Silvestre, Squilacci, Chamakh
:smh:

I beg you don't disrespect a invincible...

RYgxuqHbVG0

w8...

Grizzly
2nd February '12, 01:04 AM
Every decision McLeish made when manager for us.

Matt91
2nd February '12, 01:36 AM

RYgxuqHbVG0

w8...

:stunned:
lmao i've rewatched that vid about 5 times now and i still dont know why he was tryna push up for :laugh:

MoneyMan
2nd February '12, 01:43 AM
*Insert something Woy Cuntson did here*

Zoffie
2nd February '12, 02:28 AM
I wanted Av-B here from about last year January, it hasn't panned out as I've got to know him more, now, I have labelled him "The False Prophet"
He makes weird decisions all the time.

I am glad that he persists with Luiz at CB though, I see more CFC fans have come around to see how quality he is in defense..

Romelu Lukaku
2nd February '12, 07:24 AM
Kevin Keegan selling Andy Cole to United when Cole had bagged something like 60 in 80.

BIGLEE
2nd February '12, 08:54 AM
Selling bellamy

NE63
2nd February '12, 09:00 AM
Leeds selling Cantona to Man U. You cant help but think Man U's history wouldnt have been quite so rosy if not for that bollock by Howard Wilkinson.

Kartel
2nd February '12, 01:11 PM
sHyeRiIEK0M

:cool1:

as a united fan i always thought this deal was just a way to make p off agent fees and shit

Jay
2nd February '12, 01:18 PM
Hodgson not making a single substitution during a xmas period game when we had another match 2 days later. Mind = blown

Tommy
2nd February '12, 01:48 PM
Bruce playing 4-6-0 earlier in the season.

Gyan leaving.

Josh
2nd February '12, 01:49 PM

got 9 in 14 for us this season :-D

Jack 1017
2nd February '12, 01:56 PM
Allowing Viera to sit with the directors in the stands at Shitty every week, hurts my heart r/s

Selling players and replacing them with lesser players/not replacing them

Almunia, Squillaci, Silvestere, Jenkinson FML

Kartel
2nd February '12, 02:07 PM
Not having a proper keeper for so many years after Schmeichel left <<<

The Don
2nd February '12, 02:21 PM
I am glad that he persists with Luiz at CB though, I see more CFC fans have come around to see how quality he is in defense..

c/s

Sosa
2nd February '12, 02:26 PM
Not having a proper keeper for so many years after Seaman left <<<

Shower Posse
2nd February '12, 02:51 PM
This applies to a few managers as well

Making Matthew Upson wear a England shirt for so long:dead:

Taking him to the world cup

RYgxuqHbVG0

w8...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NSF
2nd February '12, 02:51 PM
Leeds selling Cantona to Man U. You cant help but think Man U's history wouldnt have been quite so rosy if not for that bollock by Howard Wilkinson.
I was thinking about that the other day, how Leeds would've done if he didn't leave.

Buying wingers and forwards for 3 years while our defence leaks goals like the titanic did water.

EA
2nd February '12, 02:57 PM
Selling your best players and not replacing them.
Buying Franny Jeffers for $10 million.
Consistently buying shit players.
Consistently passing up the opportunity to buy good players and letting them go to other teams.

MyLord
2nd February '12, 03:00 PM
Spending £75 on Carroll, henderson and Downing

Wearing those Suarez t shirts:dead:

Playing henderson on the wing against Bale at Tottenham

Keeping Maxi on the bench

Trying to swap Carroll for Tevez:laugh:

Hodgson not making a single substitution during a xmas period game when we had another match 2 days later. Mind = blown

:laugh:

Tommy
2nd February '12, 03:00 PM

You're going to shit yourself when you find out how much you really paid.

MyLord
2nd February '12, 03:02 PM
Buying Poulson:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Buying that other left back(Cant remember his name):laugh::laugh::laugh:

You're going to shit yourself when you find out how much you really paid.

:dead:
Tell me

Tommy
2nd February '12, 03:06 PM
Buying Poulson:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Buying that other left back(Cant remember his name):laugh::laugh::laugh:

:dead:
Tell me

Times that number by a million, and you're in the ball-park.

Thanks for the cash though, Colback's proved an ample replacement.

MyLord
2nd February '12, 03:26 PM

Parrr
2nd February '12, 05:56 PM
Selling Staam bitd.

Selling RVN

Selling Beckham

Seeing any manager basing an attacking 3 around Crouch or Carrol makes me want to spit feathers. worst two English centre forwards about. Crouch scored alot before but hes naff. cant jump without fouling & hes a mouthy cunt when he gets penalised.

Carrol is just a pub guy. simple as that he is bollocks.

inb4 negged

quality
2nd February '12, 05:57 PM
Selling Van Nistelrooy worked massively, tho suppose it was a bit shocking at the time.

Parrr
2nd February '12, 06:03 PM
it worked but at the time it made me think 'what the fuck?'

Julio Cesar
2nd February '12, 06:29 PM
Qpr 3-2 down at home to Man City, Clint Hill (very defensive left back) comes on for Traore in the 90th minute, he wasnt injured.

Months later a rumour goes around saying that Warnock got a percentage of Hill's appearance fee.

Coincidence?

Mr Nasri
3rd February '12, 08:52 AM
buying jordan henderson for 20m
playing lee catermole

EA
3rd February '12, 09:47 AM
Parrr

You sold Beckham and bought Cristiano Ronaldo as his replacement. Hardly a mistake IMO.

Mr. Jefferies
3rd February '12, 10:33 AM
Parrr

You sold Beckham and bought Cristiano Ronaldo as his replacement. Hardly a mistake IMO.

Brilliant bit of business tbh.

Didn't think so at the time though, I was out all day, got in and saw on AOL News he'd left and felt a bit sick. Felt even worse when I saw him being unveiled for Real Madrid.

Ronnie's debut though >>>>>

quality
3rd February '12, 10:49 AM
Probably already mentioned, but taking Walcott to the 2006 World Cup.

Seeing all the guys in the pub with Walcott 23 (I think 23?) on the back on their shirts was even funnier.

Hij
3rd February '12, 11:53 AM
buying jordan henderson for 20m
playing lee catermole

After 9 months?

Hij
3rd February '12, 11:55 AM

There is no way that Downing and Henderson were £20m cash straight up. Both are lower with add ons

Villain_94
3rd February '12, 11:55 AM

RYgxuqHbVG0

w8...

:laugh::dead:

NE63
3rd February '12, 11:56 AM
Phil Brown bollocking Hulls players on the pitch against Man City. Made himself look daft, the team imploded and he has been virtually unemployable since.

Parrr
3rd February '12, 06:42 PM
Parrr

your not getting this thread. read the title. IT MADE ME THINK WHAT THE FUCK. AT THE TIME.

every 1 needs to fucking read swear down you bunch of inbred spastics

sorry i didnt mean that

:sad:

MoneyMan
3rd February '12, 06:47 PM

LOOOOL, Kenny though>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's deep how our player got accused of racism, so we wore t-shirts in support of him, then a fan wearing that same tshirt got arrested for racially abusing another player at a match :laugh::dead::(:dozey::angry::laugh:

chickenkormapilauandnaan
3rd February '12, 08:57 PM
Brilliant bit of business tbh.

Didn't think so at the time though, I was out all day, got in and saw on AOL News he'd left and felt a bit sick. Felt even worse when I saw him being unveiled for Real Madrid.

Ronnie's debut though >>>>>

AOL news lol

Pirate
3rd February '12, 09:10 PM
Paying £35million for Carroll
Suarez T shirts
Selling Ginola to Spurs
Allowing Shearer to become 'bigger than the club'
Then dropping Shearer for a Tyne-Wear derby
Ever thinking it was a good idea to lose it at Fergie in a TV interview - Keegan, Rafa, Wenger YOU CANNOT BEAT THE CUNT AT MINDGAMES
Signing Perch
Phil Brown wanting to be an entertainer - onpitch team talk and singing after avoiding relegation
Chasing a game and bringing a defender on for an attacker
Not playing Ben Arfa in every game
The umbrella
Becoming Blackburn manager
Having anything to do with El Hadji Diouf

Shower Posse
3rd February '12, 09:16 PM
Avram grant being appointed Chelsea manager

Pirate
3rd February '12, 09:41 PM
turning down bale for figueroa bitd ttkk

Nigel
3rd February '12, 10:11 PM
Chris Powell and Danny Mills being seen as the best left and right backs in the country at one point, and being played for England....

Sam Dalla Bona being allowed to leave Chelsea.
Winston Bogarde being at Chelsea.

Carlton Palmer playing for England.

Arsenal buying Richard Wright and Fanny Jeffers

Hutch
3rd February '12, 10:22 PM
Avram grant being appointed Chelsea manager

What manager made this decision?

adidasgrandad
3rd February '12, 10:49 PM
alan curbishley signing nigel quashie when we were bottom of the league and needed a revival. we revived...but it was sure as fuck not down to nigel quashie

EA
3rd February '12, 11:36 PM
your not getting this thread. read the title. IT MADE ME THINK WHAT THE FUCK. AT THE TIME.

every 1 needs to fucking read swear down you bunch of inbred spastics

sorry i didnt mean that

:sad:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

J/K :-D

quality
4th February '12, 12:20 PM
alan curbishley signing nigel quashie when we were bottom of the league and needed a revival. we revived...but it was sure as fuck not down to nigel quashie

My mate went to see you at Newcastle away and swears blind Quashie ran the game. Probably never happened again.

adidasgrandad
4th February '12, 12:41 PM
My mate went to see you at Newcastle away and swears blind Quashie ran the game. Probably never happened again.

lol i refuse to remember that ever happening. he was a ghost for about 6 months.

also...signing luis boa morte at the same time was a disgraceful transfer.

also... avram grant and co giving luis boa morte a new contract when he was a)fat b)shit and c)always injured because he was fat

giving keiron dyer 60k a week...on a 4 year deal.

vibezin
4th February '12, 12:59 PM
dont know if its allready been said but.

arsneals newest signing....WTF