PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho quitting Real at the end of the season...

Mr. Jefferies
29th January '12, 02:30 AM
...for a Premier League job according to Twitter. :pinkface:

Duncan Castles @DuncanCastles

Jose Mourinho has decided to quit Real Madrid at the end of this season for a Premier League job. On @ST_Sport @SprtNationalUAE soon. #rmcf

If this is true (I know) who would he join?

The Stig
29th January '12, 02:40 AM
If he's coming back to Chelsea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

kilik
29th January '12, 02:46 AM
If he's coming back to Chelsea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He would never go back there while abromovich is running it.

I want him to take over fergie when he is ready to retire

MoneyMan
29th January '12, 02:46 AM
Unless he's pushed I don't think he'll leave 'til he's won something big, if he gets the league this year he will not stop going until he beats Barca in the CL.

Mourinho can manage any club on Earth, he is solely motivated by success. He thinks he is, and wants everyone else to think, he is the best manager ever and he NEEDS to win at Real for that to happen.

The rivalry with El Clasico, Messi vs Ronaldo, Mourinho vs Pep etc nowadays is just a madness and Jose is losing 90% of the time - he doesn't like that one bit.

If he does come back to England it would be either Chelsea or United.

Mr. Jefferies
29th January '12, 02:50 AM
Unless he's pushed I don't think he'll leave 'til he's won something big, if he gets the league this year he will not stop going until he beats Barca in the CL.

Mourinho can manage any club on Earth, he is solely motivated by success. He thinks he is, and wants everyone else to think, he is the best manager ever and he NEEDS to win at Real for that to happen.

The rivalry with El Clasico, Messi vs Ronaldo, Mourinho vs Pep etc nowadays is just a madness and Jose is losing 90% of the time - he doesn't like that one bit.

If he does come back to England it would be either Chelsea or United.

People say that but he won't unless there's a change of ownership. Can you really see him wanting to take control of a club who's transfer budget consists of nothing more than magic beans?

Joining City seems more likely.

MoneyMan
29th January '12, 02:54 AM
I dunno why I can just only see him either back at Chelsea or at United.

Going to City would just be like going to Madrid - they are the English galacticos these days.

As I said I think he is a very very passionate and determined person, he will want (more than anything in his career so far) to win the Champs League and La Liga with Madrid. Barca have been fucking him up since he went to Spain and he will stop at nothing to get revenge.

Once/if he's done that, then I could see him going back to Chelsea as he has unfinished business there as well, JamieQpr feel free to post the John Terry peno miss again mate.

Matt91
29th January '12, 02:58 AM
wouldn't mind him at Spurs - he always seemed to have a bit of a soft spot for us and I believe Everton during his time in England calling us proper football clubs

Fergie has atleast 3 yrs, Mancini is probably gonna be safe altho I wouldn't write him off leaving/sacked, dunno about Wenger he won't leave until atleast 2/3 more yrs and that's about it - it'll be to a team with a bit of money and a decent squad. I like him and would happily have him assuming Redknapp gets England job he's got that winning mentality plus his little war of words with Wenger will be a laugh

FoundTheGif
29th January '12, 03:01 AM
Lex thinking like Plak.

Xtra P
29th January '12, 03:02 AM
Probably City or hate to say it but spurs.

MoneyMan
29th January '12, 03:03 AM
Lex thinking like Plak.

lol Spurs are in the clouds right now, let them dream bro.

#TheTimesTheyAreAChangin (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=TheTimesTheyAreAChangin)

Scrappy123
29th January '12, 03:04 AM
He won't go Chelsea again:dead::laugh:

That's a club in crisis :evilgrin:

Matt91
29th January '12, 03:08 AM
Lex thinking like Plak.

u think hes gonna wait 3 yrs to go utd? he could go to near enough any team in the world bar barca

lol @ caz talking about dreaming, pretty sure we'll finish higher than you unless something majorly drastic happens for the forseeable future

Mr. Jefferies
29th January '12, 03:10 AM
If he leaves Real at the end of the season he is far more likely to end up at Spurs than Man. United.

It's between City and Spurs as I also don't think he'd go to Chelsea with Abramovich still there.

Jimmy Conway
29th January '12, 03:14 AM
I say either Arsenal or QPR, could be off though. But if all else fails I'm thinking Totty or Chelski.

Wait edit, or Liverpool Hij

Matt91
29th January '12, 03:15 AM
I have a feeling he might stay at Real though and this is him just tryna use the media to get at someone or something

Shanger
29th January '12, 03:24 AM
i reckon he will stay at Real

but if he leaves, will hopefully replace Harry who will go to jail
>>>>>

he would make us title and CL contenders on a bmt

Plak
29th January '12, 03:33 AM
Lex thinking like Plak.
What, no mention?

MoneyMan
29th January '12, 03:37 AM
u think hes gonna wait 3 yrs to go utd? he could go to near enough any team in the world bar barca

lol @ caz talking about dreaming, pretty sure we'll finish higher than you unless something majorly drastic happens for the forseeable future

Mention me directly you tubthumper. I know you'll finish higher than us, that's exactly why I said you're dreaming right now :dozey:

Matt91
29th January '12, 03:49 AM
tubthumper? :laugh:

cringgggggggggggggggge child MoneyMan - happy now?

MoneyMan
29th January '12, 03:53 AM
Yes i'm happy now mate, you've finally given me my dose of negative forum attention for the day :)

Can't be having people repping and loving me all the time it's unnatural!

FoundTheGif
29th January '12, 03:54 AM

You've just pulled 3 years out of thin air haven't you? You've said it yourself, he could go to any team in the world bar Barca, but for some reason he would choose Spurs...?

If he leaves Real at the end of the season he is far more likely to end up at Spurs than Man. United.

It's between City and Spurs as I also don't think he'd go to Chelsea with Abramovich still there.

Disagree. I know you think he wouldn't want to go to a club where there isn't any money to spend/small transfer budget, but United don't actually have a small budget.

Don't even think he'll need to spend a lot to fix our team. Apart from midfield where he'll have more then enough to but a good midfielder.

What, no mention?
Nah famalam.

Matt91
29th January '12, 03:57 AM
You've just pulled 3 years out of thin air haven't you? You've said it yourself, he could go to any team in the world bar Barca, but for some reason he would choose Spurs...?

Are you illiterate? Read OP it says PL team :dozey:

unless you can see him managing blackburn or qpr name someone else in the top 5 he'd go to realistically.

Fergie will still be at Utd in 3 yrs, quote me.

thank you much love goodnight xx

http://www.jack-frost.co.uk/fonejacker/fonejacker_terry_tibbs_2.jpg

Mr. Jefferies
29th January '12, 03:59 AM

Disagree. I know you think he wouldn't want to go to a club where there isn't any money to spend/small transfer budget, but United don't actually have a small budget.

Don't even think he'll need to spend a lot to fix our team. Apart from midfield where he'll have more then enough to but a good midfielder.

Nah famalam.

Eh?

Plak
29th January '12, 04:12 AM

Nah famalam.

Any deluded united fan.
You are saddled with a huge debt because of your yank owners, you haven't got a pot to piss in.
Also I swear Fergie came out recently saying 3 years.

FoundTheGif
29th January '12, 04:22 AM
Are you illiterate? Read OP it says PL team :dozey:

unless you can see him managing blackburn or qpr name someone else in the top 5 he'd go to realistically.

Fergie will still be at Utd in 3 yrs, quote me.

thank you much love goodnight xx

http://www.jack-frost.co.uk/fonejacker/fonejacker_terry_tibbs_2.jpg
No I'm not illiterate.
Not in any order:
United
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal ffs.

Night bro.

Eh?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/manchester-united/transferbilanz/verein_985.html

Using that site and taking the figures from the last 4 years (I rounded them btw) We spent 35 mil on average over the last 4 years. I also expect that to be the transfer budget every year, With Phil Jones's transfer going into the transfer kitty next year.

Any deluded united fan.
You are saddled with a huge debt because of your yank owners, you haven't got a pot to piss in.

Apart from midfield what do we have to fix Plak, tell me?

I've read somewhere are debt is around 433 million. That's manageable.

Mr. Jefferies
29th January '12, 04:26 AM
lol

If we're talking net spend it's more like £4m and considering the Glazers promised £25m every year, plus the £60m Ronaldo money, plus £100m they promised after Rooney's tantrum, then consider that they've had to persuade a retired player to come back because of a gaping hole in midfield, I'll leave you to think about whether United have a small budget or not.

MoneyMan
29th January '12, 04:31 AM
433 mill of debt is sustainable?!?! Fuck that, if Uefa properly enforce FFP (which I have serious doubts about) then United and a lot of other top clubs are FUCKED if they're still working with that level of debt in a year or two time. Which they will be of course because there's no way in hell you're making 500 million pounds profit.

United have an advantage though in that they're producing good young players like Welbeck, the likes of City and Liverpool have to start doing that because we can't keep forking out 35 million on brilliant English talent (lul) forever.

chris89
29th January '12, 09:43 AM
433 mill of debt is sustainable?!?! Fuck that, if Uefa properly enforce FFP (which I have serious doubts about) then United and a lot of other top clubs are FUCKED if they're still working with that level of debt in a year or two time. Which they will be of course because there's no way in hell you're making 500 million pounds profit.
cool understanding of ffp bro

Hutch
29th January '12, 11:01 AM
He won't go Chelsea again:dead::laugh:

That's a club in crisis :evilgrin:

I would say being in 12th place is more of a crisis than 4th tbh.

Mr Nasri
29th January '12, 11:04 AM
Arsenal. I pray.

Big 45
29th January '12, 11:20 AM

United have an advantage though in that they're producing good young players like Welbeck, the likes of City and Liverpool have to start doing that because we can't keep forking out 35 million on brilliant English talent (lul) forever.

lol you're a fucking idiot.

FFP regulates the losses a club makes per year, making sure they don't spend more than they earn.

Man United makes record profits each year whilst still paying off it's debts.

tippa
29th January '12, 11:41 AM
if mourinho comes city it's a wrap

Tony Starks
29th January '12, 11:42 AM
I have a feeling he might stay at Real though and this is him just tryna use the media to get at someone or something

But then again you can never tell with Mourinho, he's aware of how hard it is to beat this Barca team and he might just beat them to the league and run off winning

Shower Posse
29th January '12, 11:57 AM
Lol at him going to Spurs serious now?

I doubt he is going to leave Madrid but if he does I reckon its going to be United or dare I say Arsenal but that's a wildcard tbh

Hutch
29th January '12, 12:02 PM
Think a lot of it depends on how AvB does by the end of the season and if Abramovic gets tired of the shit form and results.

Would love him back at Chelsea obviously but it would have to be long term, the changing of managers for us is a joke Mourinho should have never gone in the first place and I think Abramovic knows that.

Shower Posse
29th January '12, 12:03 PM
Any deluded united fan.

I dont believe that Fergie will be here 3 years from now tbh
tears will be shed
He said the last time he announced his retirement and it went sour with our results that he was going to do it differently so Im quite sure when he leaves its going to be a shock departure rather than a planned one

Big 45
29th January '12, 12:05 PM
He wants to go to United, but inshallah Ferguson stays in charge for another 10years.

MyLord
29th January '12, 01:01 PM
Reckon he'll stay at madrid or Chelsea or City tbh. Dame Alex not gonna retire for now and I doubt he'll go spurs or LFC .

Nigel
29th January '12, 01:22 PM
If he does come to England it wouldn't surprise me if he took the England job tbh. Or Spurs if 'Arry goes to England or gets bird

MoneyMan
29th January '12, 02:19 PM
cool understanding of ffp bro

lol you're a fucking idiot.

FFP regulates the losses a club makes per year, making sure they don't spend more than they earn.

Man United makes record profits each year whilst still paying off it's debts.

FFP means a club can't rely on a rich sugar daddy (like Glazer) to sort the club out of debt, which is what happens at the minute. United make a massive TURNOVER yes, they don't make massive PROFIT. For them to overturn their debts as FFP stipulates, they would need to make around 500 million pounds profit in the next 2 years. They aren't going to do that.

Simples.

Plak
29th January '12, 02:57 PM
No I'm not illiterate.
Not in any order:
United
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal ffs.

Night bro.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/manchester-united/transferbilanz/verein_985.html

Using that site and taking the figures from the last 4 years (I rounded them btw) We spent 35 mil on average over the last 4 years. I also expect that to be the transfer budget every year, With Phil Jones's transfer going into the transfer kitty next year.

Apart from midfield what do we have to fix Plak, tell me?

I've read somewhere are debt is around 433 million. That's manageable.
Firstly, I didn't say anything other than your midfield needed sorting. But your players are all ageing. Giggs is 38, Scholes will be at United til May then leave, Berbatov is 30, Evra and Vidic are 30, Ferdinand is past it, neither of your goalkeepers have particularly impressed (De Gea lol). Not to mention very short on cover; Fletcher is always out it seems, Park Ji Sung is a 7/10 every game type of player but hardly sparkling, the Da Silva twins don't seem to get much game time which is crucial at their level... etc.
I think when Fergie leaves the new appointment will get crucified and have a torrid 6 months then whoever they employ after him will do well. Don't know why I think that, but I think it was the Benitez situation at Liverpool, in that Hodgson did shit and got sacked, and even though Kenny has done just as bad (in terms of the league, as Liverpool have made progress in the cups) he has not generally been attacked in the media. I think Fergie's shadow is too much for their first appointment, and I think that's why Mourinho won't take the Man Utd job. I see it as Spurs or Arsenal tbh.

Shower Posse
29th January '12, 03:06 PM
:dead::dead::dead:

FoundTheGif
29th January '12, 03:20 PM
Firstly, I didn't say anything other than your midfield needed sorting. But your players are all ageing. Giggs is 38, Scholes will be at United til May then leave, Berbatov is 30, Evra and Vidic are 30, Ferdinand is past it, neither of your goalkeepers have particularly impressed (De Gea lol). Not to mention very short on cover; Fletcher is always out it seems, Park Ji Sung is a 7/10 every game type of player but hardly sparkling, the Da Silva twins don't seem to get much game time which is crucial at their level... etc.
I think when Fergie leaves the new appointment will get crucified and have a torrid 6 months then whoever they employ after him will do well. Don't know why I think that, but I think it was the Benitez situation at Liverpool, in that Hodgson did shit and got sacked, and even though Kenny has done just as bad (in terms of the league, as Liverpool have made progress in the cups) he has not generally been attacked in the media. I think Fergie's shadow is too much for their first appointment, and I think that's why Mourinho won't take the Man Utd job. I see it as Spurs or Arsenal tbh.

All those players you mentioned have replacements, apart from arguably Scholes. Smalling will take Ferdinand's spot in the team, same with Jones and Vidic.

We have Rooney, Hernandez, and Welbeck, so you mentioning Berbatov being 30 is clutching straws. Same with Park tbh, Park is a squad player, there was no point in mentioning him.
De Gea is 20/21 bro iirc, has had a constantly changing defence, is new to the country and doesn't speak english very well. Don't get me wrong he's made mistakes and I'm not excusing him for them, but there are reasons he hasn't made the position his own.

Not even sure if you're serious on that last bit tbh. You're talking about Mourihno being scared of the fact he can't succeed Fergie. Don't think Mourihno is scared of anything. The reason Hodgson didn't do well wasn't because of Benitez, it was because it wasn't his level, he wasn't good enough to manage Liverpool, and was chosen by the media.

You seem to think Mourihno would go to Spurs because he has a good relationship with Redknapp and that you don't have a lot of debt. I'm pretty sure this is down to the fact you make smart transfers and follow a strict wage bracket. What happens when Mourihno wants a big name? Can you see Mourihno asking for 40 million at Spurs to buy whoever?

Danielson
29th January '12, 03:25 PM
Chelsea ir more realistically, Citeh. United are not ready to let go of Fergie quite yet.

Keyser SŲze
29th January '12, 03:31 PM
Please be Villa Please be Villa Please be Villa Please be Villa

Xtra P
29th January '12, 03:33 PM
Why do people think he'd go back to Chelski ?

Has him and Abram sorted out their differences? 'cause I swear he left on bad terms.

Zoffie
29th January '12, 03:39 PM
I want Newcastle to get a billionaire investor & Mourinho & I want Redknapp to stay at Spurs.

Mourinho's first choice is Chelsea, it'll be weird for me to see Mourinho manager of another EPL club.
Most Manchester United people wouldn't admit it openly, but, they'd want Ferguson to step down to secure Mourinho, most clubs would.
He's the best manager this world has ever known... easily.

Why do people think he'd go back to Chelski ?

Has him and Abram sorted out their differences? 'cause I swear he left on bad terms.

They did & they've completely made up & talk regularly, but, that doesn't mean he'll come back, Roman's whole thing was that he wanted good football.

Plak
29th January '12, 03:49 PM
All those players you mentioned have replacements, apart from arguably Scholes. Smalling will take Ferdinand's spot in the team, same with Jones and Vidic.

We have Rooney, Hernandez, and Welbeck, so you mentioning Berbatov being 30 is clutching straws. Same with Park tbh, Park is a squad player, there was no point in mentioning him.
De Gea is 20/21 bro iirc, has had a constantly changing defence, is new to the country and doesn't speak english very well. Don't get me wrong he's made mistakes and I'm not excusing him for them, but there are reasons he hasn't made the position his own.

Not even sure if you're serious on that last bit tbh. You're talking about Mourihno being scared of the fact he can't succeed Fergie. Don't think Mourihno is scared of anything. The reason Hodgson didn't do well wasn't because of Benitez, it was because it wasn't his level, he wasn't good enough to manage Liverpool, and was chosen by the media.

You seem to think Mourihno would go to Spurs because he has a good relationship with Redknapp and that you don't have a lot of debt. I'm pretty sure this is down to the fact you make smart transfers and follow a strict wage bracket. What happens when Mourihno wants a big name? Can you see Mourihno asking for 40 million at Spurs to buy whoever?
Any manager in the world would be scared of following Fergie. Don't get it twisted he's the best manager ever easily, if Mourinho wasn't performing he'd be sacked 6 months in. Anyway, I think Mourinho would go Spurs over United because firstly we have a better squad than you with much less need for improvement and most of our best players (VDV, Bale, Modric, Walker) are still young. I also think he'd pick us over you because we're more of a challenge than taking over United. If you look where each club was that Mourinho took over (Chelski wanting titles, Inter wanting CL, Real wanting to be reasserted at the top of La Liga) they all had something they needed to fulfil. United, maybe if City took over and United fell off a bit there'd be scope to call United a challenge, but they've already been there, done that and got the trophies. Mourinho would be simply continuing Fergie's good work if he done well at United, whereas at Spurs he'd set up his own legacy.

Big 45
29th January '12, 04:08 PM
FFP means a club can't rely on a rich sugar daddy (like Glazer) to sort the club out of debt, which is what happens at the minute. United make a massive TURNOVER yes, they don't make massive PROFIT. For them to overturn their debts as FFP stipulates, they would need to make around 500 million pounds profit in the next 2 years. They aren't going to do that.

Simples.

lol are you fucking stupid?

Since when were the Glazer's 'a rich sugar daddy' lmao. They brought the debt to Man United when they purchased the club you retard lol. They're over a billion in debt themselves.

You still don't understand what FFP is.

United make profit and from that the GLAZER'S use it to pay off their debts. The club's debt will be gone in a few years, but because the money United generate is used to pay it off, there's less to spend on players for the team.

The club's debt was 500mill but its down to near 300mill now through payments Man United have made each year.

FFP will be put into place to stop clubs like Man City and Chelsea who do have rich owners and spend money that they don't generate each year. City made over a 200mill loss last year and Chelsea around 70mill.

Most Manchester United people wouldn't admit it openly, but, they'd want Ferguson to step down to secure Mourinho, most clubs would.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/44/qYEHdX4X3jbl68kcr4EO5pvdo1_500.jpg

FoundTheGif
29th January '12, 04:11 PM
Any manager in the world would be scared of following Fergie. Don't get it twisted he's the best manager ever easily, if Mourinho wasn't performing he'd be sacked 6 months in. Anyway, I think Mourinho would go Spurs over United because firstly we have a better squad than you with much less need for improvement and most of our best players (VDV, Bale, Modric, Walker) are still young. I also think he'd pick us over you because we're more of a challenge than taking over United. If you look where each club was that Mourinho took over (Chelski wanting titles, Inter wanting CL, Real wanting to be reasserted at the top of La Liga) they all had something they needed to fulfil. United, maybe if City took over and United fell off a bit there'd be scope to call United a challenge, but they've already been there, done that and got the trophies. Mourinho would be simply continuing Fergie's good work if he done well at United, whereas at Spurs he'd set up his own legacy.

I'm pretty sure Mourihno wouldn't be scared of taking the job, if anything looking forward to it. And I doubt he would be sacked in 6 months, that's bs.

Fair enough on the first reason, it's understandable but not a reason why somebody would want to go to a club. The second reason is shit though. You could go to literally any club and set a goal. You said he wouldn't want to come here, because we had already won it all. Why would he go to Madrid then? They're the definition of won it all, saying "he wants to put them back on top" is a shit reason. I could say he wants to go to United and make them the best club in the world.

You've had a relatively good 2 and a half years and you and your fans have gotten gassed.

Mr. Jefferies
29th January '12, 04:15 PM
I want Newcastle to get a billionaire investor & Mourinho & I want Redknapp to stay at Spurs.

Mourinho's first choice is Chelsea, it'll be weird for me to see Mourinho manager of another EPL club.

I really can't believe you've said this and I can't even think of anything to say. It's just totally wrong mate.

Zoffie
29th January '12, 04:22 PM
What's wrong? Cause of Ferguson??? smh.. It's okay, what Ferguson has done cannot be erased, he's been a great manager, that history will never forget as well, but, how much you want to bet that when History picks out a manager as the best ever Mourinho's name will come up first, more often than any other.

Mourinho to managers is to what Maradona & Pele are to players.. When he leaves the game.. pffff. Just imagine.

Grimes
29th January '12, 04:28 PM
Mourinho isn't better than ferguson IMO but i can see what zoffie is saying

he should go back to porto and try that feat again

Sir Kippington
29th January '12, 04:35 PM
Madness. At their peak Wenger, danglish, fergie,clough all >>>>>>Jose.
Put him at a mid table team with no pees and see how rough he is. Not saying he is not good by any means but best manager on earth with that hideous brand of football..fuck that.
The only thing he is the best at is media manipulation and taking the pressure of his players, in the chelski days..swear them man at Madrid wanna spin his jaw for him now though..lol
Don't even think he is better than Barca's manager, fair enough he is blessed with sick players but the brand of football is a next ting. Jose would have the same team and he wouldn't let them play like that.
All the same I think he would go back to Chelsea , fuck differences if roman pushes the wallet out, it's a deal.

Danielson
29th January '12, 04:36 PM
http://www.emirates247.com/sports/football/will-arsenal-get-real-over-wenger-mourinho-swap-2012-01-29-1.44003

http://7cantonas.com/2012/01/jose-mourinho-to-succeed-sir-alex-is-the-only-choice/

a couple of interesting reads - I pray he doesn't go to Arsenal.

Plak
29th January '12, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Mourihno wouldn't be scared of taking the job, if anything looking forward to it. And I doubt he would be sacked in 6 months, that's bs.

Fair enough on the first reason, it's understandable but not a reason why somebody would want to go to a club. The second reason is shit though. You could go to literally any club and set a goal. You said he wouldn't want to come here, because we had already won it all. Why would he go to Madrid then? They're the definition of won it all, saying "he wants to put them back on top" is a shit reason. I could say he wants to go to United and make them the best club in the world.

You've had a relatively good 2 and a half years and you and your fans have gotten gassed.

So the squad of a club isn't a reason to go to the club?
In which case I change my mind, he'll probably go to West Ham or something.

Xtra P
29th January '12, 04:43 PM
fuck differences if roman pushes the wallet out, it's a deal.

Yeah but I think the problem was Abram wanted to choose what players were signed ie: Shevchenko

Unless Abram agree's to Let Jose sign who he wants and not get involved, it aint gonna happen.

FoundTheGif
29th January '12, 04:47 PM
So the squad of a club isn't a reason to go to the club?
In which case I change my mind, he'll probably go to West Ham or something.
Taking in all the teams he realistically would,and could go to, the squad wouldn't be a big reason for him to go somewhere.

Danielson
29th January '12, 04:52 PM
Yeah but I think the problem was Abram wanted to choose what players were signed ie: Shevchenko

Unless Abram agree's to Let Jose sign who he wants and not get involved, it aint gonna happen.

they also disagreed about Robben, Mourinho didn't rate him but Abramovich did.

Mourinho was wrong about Robben but right about Shevchenko.

Plak
Taking in all the teams he realistically would,and could go to, the squad wouldn't be a big reason for him to go somewhere.

Whatever I'm done chatting about it, if he leaves in Summer he will not go to United.
Quote me.

quality
He's going to Blackburn. First signing Ronaldinho.

FoundTheGif
29th January '12, 04:55 PM
Whatever I'm done chatting about it, if he leaves in Summer he will not go to United.
Quote me.

Won't go Spurs either bro lululul

Zoffie
29th January '12, 04:59 PM
Someone broke down the cost of the team that Mourinho won the Uefa cup & then the Champions League with at Porto lol...
..If you think that Mourinho is useless without money you are sadly mistaken. When Josť came on the scene, Ferguson said that he had to pull his finger out & start to spend, it had got to easy & there was no real competition before.

He was actually sad that Josť left because it made him much more competitive again & he showed that by splashing the cash.

Hey, Mourinho doesn't have to put himself in a shitty situation, he's made it already, that's like someone becoming a Billionaire & then asking them to start again for no reason.

Like I said on here before, Freddy Shepard missed a trick, REJECTING Jose whilst Bobby Robson was there. I am a sucker for a competitive EPL
It would be so crazy if some Filthy rich Oil guy pulled up, took over Newcastle & brought him to the club.

Just imagining having what Newcastle, City, Chelsea, United all basically expecting to win the title, not challenging but genuinely expecting to do so loool

Xtra P
29th January '12, 05:02 PM
they also disagreed about Robben, Mourinho didn't rate him but Abramovich did.

Mourinho was wrong about Robben but right about Shevchenko.

Exactly, so unless one of them agree's to fall back, I don't see how they can work together again, they both have ego's.

Personally I think he's City bound, they have the perfect environment for him, the owners don't seem get involved with the transfer policy, they just chuck money at the manager and tell him to win lol Jose would thrive.

Plak
29th January '12, 05:05 PM
Won't go Spurs either bro lululul
Didn't say he would, just said I think it's more likely than United.
Anyway, I'm quite happy with Harry provided he don't go down/take the England job.

Zoffie
29th January '12, 05:21 PM
City should want Mourinho, but be happy with Mancini, so it'll depend on Mancini not all of a sudden being completely shit.

I think Mourinho hasn't lined up a club yet, but, knows that he's the type that can declare himself available & cause pandemonium

I'm sorry, but La Liga Barca is nothing compared to the Premier League for me.
Mourinho leaving that League is a MONUMENTAL loss for the league, huuuge! Barca are just gonna run a muck.

Jimmy Conway
29th January '12, 05:29 PM
Won't go to City, especially with Mancini finally getting the team together, plus Balotelli is there and I'm pretty sure at this point Balotelli and Mancini are starting to become like Rooney and Fergie. If Mancini leaves, Mario leaves.

Burden Durden
29th January '12, 07:26 PM
Please ban this yank from commenting in threads relating to epl.

GrimmyGrimGrim
29th January '12, 07:31 PM
h5oalqedKdE

you can see the #pain in his eyes

bring him back as AVBs number 2 :pinkface:

chris89
29th January '12, 08:59 PM
h5oalqedKdE

you can see the #pain in his eyes

bring him back as AVBs number 2 :pinkface:
:laugh:

if Mourinho wants to come home then AVB needs to get his opposition scout outfit on again unfortunately.

Nigel
29th January '12, 09:22 PM
Moriniho aint the best manager ever, he only signs players at their peak, or just about to reach it.

Chelsea, Inter and Real are all clubs hes done that at, look at Chelseas team now, none of the guys that have come through were brought in by Jose. Yeah hes a good manager of talented players, but I dont feel he can bring youth through well enough. Plus he let guys like Robben and Gudjohnsen, plus couldn't get Shevchenko, Crespo and Kezman, all world class strikerrs, firing in the Prem.

Not saying he is a shit manager by any means, one of my favourite managers ever, he just isn't the full package like other greats. A Chelsea legend none the less.

Danielson
29th January '12, 10:00 PM
Mourinho is a Chelsea legend. I literally do miss him and feel honoured to have been at matches where he was our manager and seen him during our games. I wish I could meet him though and thank him for giving a 16 year old his dream of seeing Chelsea win their first Premiership title.

#emotional (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=emotional)

BIGLEE
29th January '12, 10:23 PM
United or cityy

Zoffie
29th January '12, 10:46 PM
Moriniho aint the best manager ever, he only signs players at their peak, or just about to reach it.

Chelsea, Inter and Real are all clubs hes done that at, look at Chelseas team now, none of the guys that have come through were brought in by Jose. Yeah hes a good manager of talented players, but I dont feel he can bring youth through well enough. Plus he let guys like Robben and Gudjohnsen, plus couldn't get Shevchenko, Crespo and Kezman, all world class strikerrs, firing in the Prem.

Not saying he is a shit manager by any means, one of my favourite managers ever, he just isn't the full package like other greats. A Chelsea legend none the less.

I'd like to see you name a manager that's better/been better & tell me how they have the full package. Cause that would be fun.

Nigel
29th January '12, 10:51 PM
I'd like to see you name a manager that's better/been better & tell me how they have the full package. Cause that would be fun.

Fergie.
Has brought players through - Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Neville.
Has brought in players before they peak - Keane, Ronaldo, Nani.
Has brought in players at their peak - Van Nistelrooy, Ince, Hughes (when he rebrought him).
Has brought in older players who still preformed - Van Der Saar, Blanc

Hes won record amounts of titles, been at the club for donkeys, pissed people off, made huge fans, brought throygh coaches - Bruce, Quezeros to name but two, and chews tonnes of gum.

AJNorthEast
29th January '12, 11:11 PM
Hate to say it but city is perfect for him and most likely where he'll end up. I like him and i'd enjoy it if he went somewhere people couldn't say he can only go to places with money bla bla bla.

He will end up at United, maybe not this year or a even a few. But he will end up there.

Jay
30th January '12, 12:48 PM
Fergie.
Has brought in players at their peak - Van Nistelrooy, Ince, Hughes (when he rebrought him).

Hes won record amounts of titles, been at the club for donkeys, pissed people off, made huge fans, brought throygh coaches - Bruce, Quezeros to name but two, and chews tonnes of gum.

Thats only one manager though bro.

Also add to the old players Larrson, everyone seems to forget his stint. 6 months that greatly helped Man U.

chris89
30th January '12, 01:36 PM
be good to see the ratio of 'years in management: titles won' between mourinho and fergie

Zoffie
30th January '12, 02:13 PM
Fergie.

So this is the criteria for a manager for you who he has bought? lol. You're thinking about Sporting Directors.

Has brought players through - Santon, Mikel, Granero, Postiga
Has brought in players before they peak - Essien, Drogba, Ozil, Di Maria
Has brought in players at their peak - Ballack, Ashley Cole, R.Carvahlo
Has brought in older players who still preformed - Eto'o

Has won championships in England, Italy, Portugal (could be Spain as well this season), been in management a small time as compared to Fergie, yet both have won 2 Champions Leagues. Brendan Rogers, Steve Clarke, Andre-Villas-Boas.. Can someone say.. brought through coaches.
Pissed people off? boy has he pissed people off. Won fans..??

Haha..

I'm sorry but, even by this questionable purchasing criteria, Mourinho doesn't fall down, he is a MANAGER, recruitment consultants is a different ball games, Managers bring the best out of squads & achieving their goals. For the amount of years Ferguson has been in management compared to Mourinho and the rate that he is going pffft.

Do you want to see Mourinho go to a team like Fulham, haha some times I hear that BS, because I want to see what Ferguson does at Fulham.
Ferguson has racked up a great amount of League titles etc for United, but, it's always going to detract from him that he's acclaimed for his time at United. Sure we mention Aberdeen, but, that's not why he's acclaimed.

Guardiola cannot be determined as a great manager for me if he stays at Barcelona babysitting a team that is better than everybody else in the league, especially if they don't compete well in the Champions League.

Guardiola isn't going to stay At Barcelona, it's too easy for him there he understands that as a manager it's harder to go around & prove yourself in different teams. I think in Britain Ferguson's reputation will be higher like it usually is.

So Ferguson will be like a George Best, where as Mourinho will be universally adored like a Maradona & rightly so. Guardiola says that it's obvious that Mourinho is the best manager in the world. The football he reproduces is a criticism.

quality
30th January '12, 02:30 PM
Don't lie Zoffie for all his achievements, Mourinho will never be universally adored. He's not even universally adored at his current club.

His football philosophy is based on results, not entertainment and for that reason he is universally respected, not loved. Plus the eye gouging.

Had he kept the humour he had in his first couple of years at Chelsea, people might like him more. He seems to have lost that irony now.

Zoffie
30th January '12, 02:49 PM
When I say universally I don't mean the same as unequivocally, Maradona for instance isn't loved by everyone, I mean around the world when you ask them about the greatest manager Mourinho would be more prevalent.

quality
30th January '12, 03:00 PM
I think Mourinho needs to leave a legacy somewhere to really be considered great.

You look at Cryuff (yes building on the work of Rinus Michels) who has left an entire legacy of how to do thinks at Barcelona, and that's continually successful.

Mourinho's only legacy atm is he's the yardstick that gets Chelsea managers the sack.

DTR
30th January '12, 03:08 PM
I think Mourinho needs to leave a legacy somewhere to really be considered great.
First manager ever to win the CL with 3 different teams?
Inshallah Real win.

Grimes
30th January '12, 03:17 PM
Arsene wenger has continuously brought through competitive teams, maximises his inputs despite the quality of them.

he's the true football manager

quality
30th January '12, 03:22 PM
First manager ever to win the CL with 3 different teams?
Inshallah Real win.

No, a legacy at one club and sustaining success. Rather than up sticks after 3 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2387039/Mourinho-left-to-moan-as-Spurs-blockade-the-Bridge.html

This was my first memory of Mourinho in England.

Tottenham might as well have put the team bus in front of their goal," Mourinho said. "Sometimes when you are a big club, a very small club comes to your stadium. Tottenham got a point they shouldn't.
"We wanted to play. They didn't. We wanted to score. They didn't. Every time they just kicked the ball away. It is frustrating for me, my players, for every Chelsea supporter and for every football supporter. Because people don't pay to see one team play and the other team falling down, demanding to see the medical department.
"There were five minutes of added time at the end. For me, there should have been 15. If you had stopped the watch every time they fell down, there would have been 15 minutes. [Thimothee] Atouba was down injured for five minutes and then took five minutes to walk off the pitch. The referee has to protect against this.

Cool tactics against Barcelona bro.

Zoffie
30th January '12, 04:05 PM

You look at Cryuff (yes building on the work of Rinus Michels) who has left an entire legacy of how to do thinks at Barcelona, and that's continually successful.

Mourinho's only legacy atm is he's the yardstick that gets Chelsea managers the sack.

Cruyff learned off Michels, but, Michels had nothing to do with Barcelona that was Cruyff, now, Cruyff wasn't successful throughout his time at Barca and his legacy has been great, but, where I completely disagree with that is Managers are not brought in to redefine a club, for instance, it's like saying that after Wenger leaving a legacy at Arsenal for good football, not other manager can be made great at Arsenal if they follow in that way.

Installing a set of principles that make a club successful in the future is great, and anyone that does that, kudos. howeveeer, managers are there to manage i.e in the present terms.

Sporting directors more often today decide the future direction of a club, Mourinho set a high standard of winning at Chelsea, something that we have to live up to, if because he is so great it's hard to imitate, that just reinforces his greatness. At his period in his career, Mourinho's looking like really stomping on his compeition, it's not like he doesn't have the time to settle at a club & dominate with them, for some reason that's what everyone wants him to do now.

Seeing as he see's his home in England... Watch this space ;)

quality
30th January '12, 04:09 PM
Cruyff learned off Michels, but, Michels had nothing to do with Barcelona that was Cruyff, now, Cruyff wasn't successful throughout his time at Barca and his legacy has been great, but, where I completely disagree with that is Managers are not brought in to redefine a club, for instance, it's like saying that after Wenger leaving a legacy at Arsenal for good football, not other manager can be made great at Arsenal if they follow in that way.

Installing a set of principles that make a club successful in the future is great, and anyone that does that, kudos. howeveeer, managers are there to manage i.e in the present terms.

Sporting directors more often today decide the future direction of a club, Mourinho set a high standard of winning at Chelsea, something that we have to live up to, if because he is so great it's hard to imitate, that just reinforces his greatness.

I agree with you, managers manage. Great managers do something beyond that. Mourinho will always place himself above the club, so I assume he'll just go on from club to club in a mercenary manner.

Obviously his record speaks for itself, but I don't think neutrals will ever look back on him fondly (although he was quite funny for a year or two). Respect yes, adoration anywhere outside of Stamford Bridge? Not a chance.

Xtra P
30th January '12, 04:16 PM
C/s quality

Zoffie
30th January '12, 04:20 PM
I disagree, managers manage, Great managers manage better than every other, which Mourinho has done, in my opinion. Time will tell.

Shower Posse
1st February '12, 03:12 AM
Imagine Mourhino goes to Arsenal and spends 100 million in his first season

nortside
1st February '12, 12:31 PM
mourinho is slick Ill give him that. Always at the club with the most money.

Porto was good but certain years are weaker then others, just like some are quick to say lpool in 05 were lucky and weren't the best team ppl gotta look and see in 04 porto got lucky against man u dodgy linesman decision, and they defeated deportivo then monaco in the final. It was a poor year and sometimes you get that, but ever since that mourinho has dined at the clubs with the biggest pockets.

Zoffie
1st February '12, 01:11 PM
It really was luck that Josť managed to win the UEFA Cup & then the Champions League with that Porto squad, managed to knock United out with that squad. Even when Barca were clearly better than Inter, he knocked them out with an inferior squad.

Real haters. You make your own luck

quality
1st February '12, 01:34 PM
It really was luck that Josť managed to win the UEFA Cup & then the Champions League with that Porto squad, managed to knock United out with that squad. Even when Barca were clearly better than Inter, he knocked them out with an inferior squad.

Real haters. You make your own luck

I agree with you, but the bit I've bolded was luck. Or poor refereeing, you decide.

nortside
1st February '12, 02:20 PM
Listen porto did well but everyone can look back and see it was a poor cl that year.

People go on like porto was some mug team.

Steua bucharest won the euro cup against barca in the mid 80's it's a cup competition, favourites don't always win

What im saying is after that he's always managed teams wiht the biggest budgets and this real team with all the millions spent on it still can't beat barca under him and the only reason they pulling away in the league is barca have become complacent after winning so long, not because real are the better side

Zoffie
1st February '12, 03:58 PM
If it was a one off you'd have had a case, the point is, he didn't just win the Uefa cup with that squad.

He didn't just win the UEFA Champions League with that squad & Ranieri had money to spend at Chelsea, did he win in his 1st season?
How much money has Moratti handed out to managers over the years, they were the Italian Chelsea, before Roman rocked up at Chelsea.

So why hasn't any of the other managers won the Champions League for them, why didn't Mancini win the Champions League for them?

How long have Madrid been SPLURGING money and yet still they hardly passed the league stage or last 16 in the Champions League for a sustained time.

It's really the money behind Josť's success... Laugh out loud! The nerve of you haters. The nerve

aaaand.. There is nothing kushty about spending big money, look at Torres at Chelsea now, when you spend money you have to be able to justify it by winning.

quality
1st February '12, 04:02 PM
I don't disagree with you Zoffie

He has a winning mentality, undoubtedly. Shame he tallies that with a complete lack of class and sportsmanship. And that's been apparent since I watched the Celtic/Porto game.

His players clearly love him (apart from the Spanish ones at Real), and he's great at creating a siege mentality (even at Real, where they have practically every advantage). But I would buy into the "scorched earth" criticism of Mourinho - he's not really a long-term planner.

Zoffie
1st February '12, 04:10 PM
I disagree. When Mourinho left Chelsea, he said that he wanted to have stints in Germany, Italy & Spain return to the Premiership & stay because the Premier League is the best League in the world & then when he gets particularly older where he wanted to manage Portugal.

In his initial plan he said he had it down to leave Chelsea after his 2nd season but fell in love with the club & let his emotions get the best of him.

Now he intended to stay at Chelsea it was his relation with Roman that scuppered that relationship & he said that he wanted to return to Chelsea before any other club just after he resigned as Inter Manager.

What it's clear to see is that he is so great it's very hard for people to live up to his success, but, that's just part of his greatness.
When Henry leaves Arsenal, they're going to miss him. It's hard to replace a good thing.

You saw that when sir Alex Ferguson tried to replace Schemeichel & perhaps he is going to have to cycle though keepers once again until once again he finds another good one. I don't then blame Schemichel & vDS for setting far too high a standard for others. No that'll be wrong.

I think his planning has mainly worked out.

quality
1st February '12, 04:22 PM
In his initial plan he said he had it down to leave Chelsea after his 2nd season but fell in love with the club & let his emotions get the best of him.

Don't believe this shit, be a bit more objective. Every time he comes back to England, he plants a piece about how much he loves the football here etc. It's gas, he knows the press here worship him and he can make money here. That's all.

Zoffie
1st February '12, 04:29 PM
Whether true or not, it's his words & all we have to go by, maybe he is spinning lies, I don't know, but, it was consistent with the rumours in the papers that there was a divide between Roman & Josť at the time.

Josť is like a bull in a china shop & one negative thing is, he is prone to fall out with people, he fell out with Roman, the Italian press, Andre Villas-Boas, the Madrid players, Makelele, Geln Johnson. etc.

MoneyMan
1st February '12, 04:31 PM
The same thing that makes Mourinho a hero to some and "the best" in the eyes of some like Zoffie, is the one thing that means he can't be described as such by others, imo.

That being that he is too nomadic, he isn't capable of or happy with staying in one place for any great period of time. A majority of people say Fergie is the GOAT, and I am quite sure a large part of that is because he has stayed at one club and turned them, on his own, into a great force.

On the one hand, the fact that Jose has been able to go to different clubs, in different countries, with very different budgets, squads, and circumstances, shows that he is top top quality.

On the other hand though, I feel his inability (so far) to fully stamp his mark and leave a legacy with a specific club is what's costing him his place at the GOAT round table.

You can't even say he's not the best because he's a cunt either, Fergie's a cunt but everyone begrudingly respects him.

Zoffie
1st February '12, 04:47 PM
No, that's wide of the mark.
This is what Roberto Carlos has had to say

Real Madrid legend Roberto Carlos regards Jose Mourinho as the best coach in the world.

Roberto Carlos rates Mourinho ahead of Barcelona's Pep Guardiola.

"Mourinho is still number one - for his character, his style of play, because every team that he has directed has won," he told Marca.

"We'll see if Guardiola can win if he goes to Chelsea or Inter, then we can say who is best."

I said, your idea that it's the same, is wide of the mark because, for instance, Guardiola wants to leave Barcelona in the near future as well.
That he is not going to stay at Barcelona for yonkers means that even if he continues to be successful he can never be great?

How many places other than England have managers of top clubs remained at a club for ages like Ferguson & Wenger has?
In England they support the idea much more of having managers at a club for an age. On the continent that, just doesn't happen.
So managers can only be great if they manage in England?

I'd love to see how many people outside of England think Ferguson is the greatest of all time, remember, England are notorious for over-rating there footballing figures, whch is why I say that Ferguson will always be more of a hero here & that more globally Mourinho's acclaim will stand up.

It's not the same reason that makes him the best that makes him not the best to others & he was really young starting out from Porto & at Chelsea, for him to have settled down at one club then until the end would have been ill-advised.

I think Ferguson's monumental haul to catch up with Liverpool's title & overtake, has made a big impact on English football for sure.
If you were to ask most people is Mourinho capable of that.. I'm guessing most people wouldn't put it past him.
Whereas I can't see Ferguson being able to do what Mourinho has done at all. Which is why for me he is greater.

quality
1st February '12, 04:49 PM
Mourinho is respected, but I don't think he will ever be universally adored as you suggested, that's all. Ferguson isn't universally adored, but he's respected in the same way. Someone like Pep probably has a bit more adoration. Probably Wenger as well, even though he's a bit of a lembit.

Zoffie
3rd February '12, 07:42 AM
I disagree. When Mourinho left Chelsea, he said that he wanted to have stints in Germany, Italy & Spain return to the Premiership & stay because the Premier League is the best League in the world & then when he gets particularly older where he wanted to manage Portugal.

Now he intended to stay at Chelsea it was his relation with Roman that scuppered that relationship & he said that he wanted to return to Chelsea before any other club just after he resigned as Inter Manager.

What it's clear to see is that he is so great it's very hard for people to live up to his success, but, that's just part of his greatness.
When Henry leaves Arsenal, they're going to miss him. It's hard to replace a good thing.

You saw that when sir Alex Ferguson tried to replace Schemeichel & perhaps he is going to have to cycle though keepers once again until once again he finds another good one. I don't then blame Schemichel & vDS for setting far too high a standard for others. No that'll be wrong.

I think his planning has mainly worked out.

All the backpage news, is it really news? of course not. I know the press have been trying to prepare Josť as the next United manager, but, I've only ever heard him say he wants to come back to Chelsea. Never have I seen him say anything about Manchester, all I have heard him say is Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea.

Dunno if it'll materialise, but, I sure do hope so.