'nuum general
13th August '08, 06:08 PM
ian ashbee

RIP Jakey
13th August '08, 07:39 PM
I want Gerrard

Famous?
13th August '08, 07:44 PM
Terry....no one more of a leader than he is...

Alfie
13th August '08, 07:48 PM
Terry....no one more of a leader than he is...

Fails in big games. Im gonna go for Rio.

Grimes
13th August '08, 08:03 PM
hopefully giving gerrard some captaincy will smack some sense in him ( for england)

Famous?
13th August '08, 08:06 PM
Terry....failing in big games, like when?

The Messiah
13th August '08, 08:54 PM
I want Rio as captain.

'nuum general
13th August '08, 09:02 PM
I'd give it to gerrard as i believe it would bring the best out of him, as it has at liverpool

RIP Jakey
14th August '08, 09:59 AM
If not Gerrard then Rio, imo Terry doesn't cut it anymore

Hij
14th August '08, 12:34 PM
never really cared

Hij
14th August '08, 12:35 PM
Terry....failing in big games, like when?:laugh:

Two steps forward, slip and........ oh there goes the first European Cup Chelsea would ever have won.

'nuum general
14th August '08, 12:45 PM
I would class a centre half slipping & missing a penalty as failing in a big game. He played alright for the rest of it didn't he?

out there
14th August '08, 01:05 PM
either rio or terry!!

Hij
14th August '08, 01:09 PM
I would class a centre half slipping & missing a penalty as failing in a big game. He played alright for the rest of it didn't he?

A midfielder could have taken it, he wanted to take it. He put personal glory ahead of the team winning the trophy. If I was truly arsed about England, I could never have him as captain, someone as selfish as that.

Its got to be Rio TBH, I'd rather Gerrard didn't have the extra pressure.

Famous?
14th August '08, 01:22 PM
Let's not forget Rio played the worst out of all the defenders in that final, Vidic was the best.....and let's not forget that Rio is the same player that missed a drugs test and was banned for months...should we have someone like that as our captain?

Jay
14th August '08, 01:45 PM
Never liked Rio, Gerrard would be my choice.

Entity
14th August '08, 01:51 PM
and let's not forget that Rio is the same player that missed a drugs test and was banned for months...should we have someone like that as our captain? That's well and truly in the past. His peformances and consistency since coming back from that have been exceptional. I've heard Capello might choose Rio based on his peformances for Man Utd last season, and I couldn't argue with that.

Tempz_NBT
14th August '08, 01:54 PM
rio defo

he played a major part in man utd's success with world class defending and leadership of the back four

u dont get much bigger then man utd n he copes fine

england will be no probs for him

ZDOT
14th August '08, 03:23 PM
Ferdinand/woodgate=englands best defenders

Alfie
14th August '08, 03:48 PM
Ferdinand/woodgate=englands best defenders

Lol the new sicknote.

Xtra P
14th August '08, 04:42 PM
Definetly Gerrard.

Grimes
19th August '08, 01:21 PM
Capello has condemned himself

Grimes
19th August '08, 01:22 PM
i've given up on england

The Messiah
19th August '08, 01:47 PM
Capello has condemned himself

i've given up on england

This is bullshit.

Terry appointed England Captain (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7567928.stm)

RIP Jakey
19th August '08, 01:51 PM
Terry is a cunt.

Nine Bar
19th August '08, 01:57 PM
Par Rio should have got it

Xtra P
19th August '08, 02:26 PM
Bad choice of captain IMO

G-dub
19th August '08, 02:59 PM
fucking terry, arrogant chav cunt!

Rio should have this, plus hes won more.

llow picking some1 who slips on a banana skin n hits the post

on a crucial penalty shoot-out.

not happy!

The Messiah
19th August '08, 03:05 PM
That's 3 people including myself who think Rio should have got it.

It seems Gerrard was never really in the running, if Rio is vice-captain.

phikz
19th August '08, 03:16 PM
I fucking hate terry

Eric Cantona
19th August '08, 03:20 PM
Terry is a twat, he should be banned from Football.

phikz
19th August '08, 03:23 PM
I actually hate him, smarmy fucker

Cooks
19th August '08, 03:58 PM
Vice captain parrrr

Pristine Condition
19th August '08, 04:10 PM
Allow it!!!!!!!!

Famous?
19th August '08, 05:59 PM
Bad decision..... and we're still a shit team

Anonymous
19th August '08, 06:16 PM
I know Rio has fucked up in the past but I honestly thought he should of been captain.

'nuum general
19th August '08, 07:36 PM
Terry has been an excellent captain for Chelsea, don't see why people are so aggreived. (I would have gone for gerrard btw)

The Messiah
19th August '08, 07:54 PM
Terry has been an excellent captain for Chelsea, don't see why people are so aggreived. (I would have gone for gerrard btw)

Because unless you are a Chelsea fan, most people don't like John Terry as a person, and as a persona on the football pitch.

Anyone other than JT would have been met with warm reception by me. I thought the whole process of this was for Capello to make his own mark on the team. Sticking with the same captain, who he himself criticised for not showing enough respect to referees looks like a retrograde step in my eyes.

'nuum general
19th August '08, 08:12 PM
Because unless you are a Chelsea fan, most people don't like John Terry as a person, and as a persona on the football pitch.

Anyone other than JT would have been met with warm reception by me. I thought the whole process of this was for Capello to make his own mark on the team. Sticking with the same captain, who he himself criticised for not showing enough respect to referees looks like a retrograde step in my eyes.

In terms of leadership & commitment there is no one who's more authoritative in the team than Terry imo. I agree he can come accross as a cunt and possibly is one but for the above two reasons he was probably the best candinate. I would of gone for gerard in the hope that the added responsbility would raise his performances. At the end of the day its not a massively important role in football

The Messiah
19th August '08, 08:35 PM
In terms of leadership & commitment there is no one who's more authoritative in the team than Terry imo. I agree he can come accross as a cunt and possibly is one but for the above two reasons he was probably the best candinate. I would of gone for gerard in the hope that the added responsbility would raise his performances. At the end of the day its not a massively important role in football

I would have gone for Rio Ferdinand in the hope it would make him concentrate for the entirety of the game and thus making him the complete defender he should be.

It isn't a massively important role but as you acknoledge that Terry probably is a cunt, then you'll agree when I say it'll probably make his ego that much bigger in life and within the England camp. Not a good thing.

'nuum general
19th August '08, 08:45 PM
Thing is say were in a world cup semi, its half time at extra time & we're 2-1 down you want someone who can really rally the troops. Terry is without doubt the man for that.

I think Ferdinands performances for England are generally good anyway. The responsibility Ferdinands had at united & his now established partnership with terry for england should mean that concentration is no longer an issue for him.

Gerrard on the other hand has had to contend with constantly changing roles & players in the midfield and has never really lived up to his club form for his country.

Grimes
19th August '08, 10:08 PM
this is a big mistake.

GrimmyGrimGrim
20th August '08, 12:02 AM
Par Rio should have got it

Rio is dumb as fuck, that's why he didn't get it.

Bad choice of captain IMO

wrong

Rio should have this, plus hes won more.

lol that doesn't really matter

That's 3 people including myself who think Rio should have got it.

It's not really up to you 4 tbh.

Terry has been an excellent captain for Chelsea, don't see why people are so aggreived

I would have gone for Rio Ferdinand in the hope it would make him concentrate for the entirety of the game and thus making him the complete defender he should be.

This concentrating thing is stupid. If you can't concentrate for 90 minutes what the fuck is wrong with you and why are you playing professional football.
How can he be captain when he cant even fucking concentrate

It isn't a massively important role but as you acknoledge that Terry probably is a cunt, then you'll agree when I say it'll probably make his ego that much bigger in life and within the England camp. Not a good thing.

Who cares if he's a cunt of the field?
Ferdinand isn't captain material. Terry is the guy who's gonna tell people when they're slacking

Ps. Gerrard is overrated

The Messiah
20th August '08, 12:22 AM
This concentrating thing is stupid. If you can't concentrate for 90 minutes what the fuck is wrong with you and why are you playing professional football. How can he be captain when he cant even fucking concentrate?

I could take a pot shot at Terry's lack of concentration at the penalty spot...

Rio has come on leaps and bounds particularly in the last two seasons. Obviously he can concentrate, but back in the day he used to switch off a lot. Not so much now, and as Webstarr said, Rio hasn't hasn't had a bad performance for England in recent memory. That said, I think the Captain's armband would complete him as a player. He he has the maturity now and it gives him a reason to stay focussed and concentrate. Gerrard would have been a decent choice for similar reasons. It would bring out the best in him. He's more than capable or barking out orders, and he would give just as much commitment and drive as John Terry would.

Who cares if he's a cunt of the field? Ferdinand isn't captain material. Terry is the guy who's gonna tell people when they're slacking.

Rio is captain material. Terry may be your preferred choice but that statement is stupid. At the end of the day, I disagree with the choice. The fact that you are in a minority of people who agree doesn't count for much, but it says something.

Tbh, the fact that John Terry didn't expect it and thought that Rio had got it, tells me all I need to know.

Anonymous
20th August '08, 12:44 AM
Agree with Messiah completely tbh.

Pristine Condition
20th August '08, 12:50 AM
Grim is backing his "boy"!!!

ALM
20th August '08, 12:59 AM
correct decision if terry played for anyone else apart from chelsea he would be loved.

Jammie Dodger
20th August '08, 01:09 AM
Terry deserves it, Saw that little presentation on SSN. I completely forgot he got arrested in 2002.

The Messiah
20th August '08, 01:50 AM
correct decision if terry played for anyone else apart from chelsea he would be loved.

No. He would still give the impression of being a cunt and would therefore be disliked anyway. Players like Cech, Essien and Joe Cole although at Chelsea, are universally liked. So it's not just a matter of JT being at Chelsea.

Terry deserves it, Saw that little presentation on SSN. I completely forgot he got arrested in 2002.

You and the rest of the world. Funny how Ferdinand missing a drugs test seems to be more etched in peoples minds...

Anonymous
20th August '08, 02:12 AM
Terry is a "big man". No homo.

Anonymous
20th August '08, 02:13 AM

I'm guessing he would still be an arrogant, apparently racist, self-loving, ignorant cunt.
Not a bad footballer though.
Its his general persona.

Nine Bar
20th August '08, 10:29 AM
Rio missing the test has nothing 2 do with anything, I read in his book that he had a test after, it was either almost 6 weeks or 6 months after, he grew his afro so they can take summet from his hair to determine in the last 6weeks/months if ne substance had been taken, and it wasnt. But notice how that didnt hit every frontpage though.

I dont wanna say Cappelo was influenced, because i like to think we have a strong minded and big decision making manager anyway, but i think he was.

Grimes
20th August '08, 11:50 AM
capello will have to learn some new lessons about the hardest job in continental football

The Messiah
20th August '08, 02:28 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2008/08/capello_springs_surprise_with.html

Good article. Huge amount of responses.

ALM
20th August '08, 02:53 PM
No. He would still give the impression of being a cunt and would therefore be disliked anyway. Players like Cech, Essien and Joe Cole although at Chelsea, are universally liked. So it's not just a matter of JT being at Chelsea.

Terry will always be linked heavily with Mourinho that is why he is disliked, if he played for someone like West Ham everyone would be rating him. TBH peoples feelings towards cech are mutal, essien is disliked by a large amount of people remember his horror tackle? So it is a matter of jt being at chelsea.

I'm guessing he would still be an arrogant, apparently racist, self-loving, ignorant cunt.
Not a bad footballer though.
Its his general persona.

'General persona' lol, everyone who plays in same team as Terry rates him. Capello has seen him around the training and camp and identified him as the man to lead England, a huge compliment considering that many thought he'd want to cut ties with the mclaren regime.

Because Rio doesn't appear arrogant or ignorant, or for that matter self-loving. LMFAO

Jay
20th August '08, 03:07 PM
I think the reason people don't like Terry doesn't have anything to do with Mourinho, he just comes across as a complete twat to me. The whole taking the penalty for Chelsea in the Champions League final pretty much summed him up for me.

Who gives a fuck about England really though tbh, stopped watching England from the time Russel Hoult never got picked for the squad despite being the best keeper in England at the time. Even polls from other premier league fans said that Hoult should have been number one. The whole England team is a farce, too scared to drop people who are shit and are doing nothing.

Pristine Condition
20th August '08, 03:54 PM
Terry will always be linked heavily with Mourinho that is why he is disliked, if he played for someone like West Ham everyone would be rating him.

Correction!!! I did not dislike him, I just think he is OVERRATED!!!!. If the captain was suppose to lead my example, why did Terry piss all over Mike Riley @ the Tottenham game, last season.

How about the spitting incident @ the CL final with Tevez!!!!

Pure Filth.

Rio is a better man and better player than Terry and should of been picked as captain.

The Messiah
20th August '08, 04:34 PM
Terry will always be linked heavily with Mourinho that is why he is disliked, if he played for someone like West Ham everyone would be rating him.

You are simply wrong. A simple poll in the sports forum would prove you wrong with the above. It is not a Chelsea issue. It's a JT appearing to be a twat issue.

The dislike for Terry has absolutely nothing to do with Mourinho (who most people grudgingly admire):

I think the reason people don't like Terry doesn't have anything to do with Mourinho, he just comes across as a complete twat to me.

I just think he is OVERRATED!!!!. If the captain was suppose to lead my example, why did Terry piss all over Mike Riley @ the Tottenham game, last season.

Pure Filth.

Those two points sum up the feelings of pretty much everyone who dislikes Terry, or one reason or the other, or both.

TBH peoples feelings towards cech are mutal, essien is disliked by a large amount of people remember his horror tackle? So it is a matter of jt being at chelsea.

I'm going to say what I feel straight up: Essien was vilified for that tackle because he was a non-UK player. Steven Taylor got no where near the reaction (other than by Arsenal fans) for his tackle and if an international had made that tackle he would have been crucified. On the flip side if someone like Kevin Nolan had made a tackle similar to that of Essien's it would have been washed away by the media and the Sky Sports crew as "part of the game".

You can deny it if you wish, I don't care. You won't change my mind and I think many of you deep down will know there is some truth in what I have said.

As for the hate of Chelsea players: Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool fans would happily welcome the signings of Joe Cole, Cech, Essien etc. However Terry and Lampard both appear to be cunts and neither would be welcomed with open arms at the other 3 clubs. With that in mind it simply can't be a hate of Chelsea otherwise no players would be accepted.

Because Rio doesn't appear arrogant or ignorant, or for that matter self-loving. LMFAO

Not relevant but I'd much rather want to meet Rio in the street than JT. You just get that feeling that Rio would actually respond to an apporach from a fan in a much friendly way. No more on this point because it's a very minor side issue.

GrimmyGrimGrim
20th August '08, 05:04 PM

Smh.

Think we cleared that up in the thread we had about it, even Alex admitted that Terry didn't spit at him. The pictures clearly show it.

Thread:

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6405&page=15&highlight=Champions+League

As for the hate of Chelsea players: Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool fans would happily welcome the signings of Joe Cole, Cech, Essien etc. However Terry and Lampard both appear to be cunts and neither would be welcomed with open arms at the other 3 clubs. With that in mind it simply can't be a hate of Chelsea otherwise no players would be accepted.

You're telling me you would turn down Terry, England captian?

lol

Not relevant but I'd much rather want to meet Rio in the street than JT. You just get that feeling that Rio would actually respond to an apporach from a fan in a much friendly way. No more on this point because it's a very minor side issue.

He would probably try and play a swag practical joke on you and then say "You got merked"

Capello obviously has reasons for his decision, you guys are bitter cos your team rep didn't get picked

Pristine Condition
20th August '08, 05:30 PM
You are simply wrong. A simple poll in the sports forum would prove you wrong with the above. It is not a Chelsea issue. It's a JT appearing to be a twat issue.

NAIL!!!!!!

The dislike for Terry has absolutely nothing to do with Mourinho (who most people grudgingly admire)

NAIL. I like Mourinho, good manager, no-one can deny that.

I'm going to say what I feel straight up: Essien was vilified for that tackle because he was a non-UK player. Steven Taylor got no where near the reaction (other than by Arsenal fans) for his tackle and if an international had made that tackle he would have been crucified. On the flip side if someone like Kevin Nolan had made a tackle similar to that of Essien's it would have been washed away by the media and the Sky Sports crew as "part of the game".

You can deny it if you wish, I don't care. You won't change my mind and I think many of you deep down will know there is some truth in what I have said.

NAILLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Smh.

Think we cleared that up in the thread we had about it, even Alex admitted that Terry didn't spit at him. The pictures clearly show it.

Thread:

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6405&page=15&highlight=Champions+League

Capello obviously has reasons for his decision, you guys are bitter cos your team rep didn't get picked

Just because me and Alex are Utd fans, it doesn't mean, we have to agree on everything we both have to say. Every man has an opinion.

Someone in that same thread, said "if he didn't spit, he "might" of covered his mouth to say something racist." That is really captain material, isn't it. :dozey: Whatever he done was out of order.

How are we "bitter" when most people had different choices to who should be captain.

Eric Cantona
20th August '08, 05:35 PM
Even if he didn't spit he's still a cunt becasue he was properly being racist covering his mouth, he was saying something he didn't want the Cameras to see anyway

The Messiah
20th August '08, 06:50 PM
You're telling me you would turn down Terry, England captian?

Did I say anything about his ability being sub-par? I said the two major reasons for most peoples dislike of Terry are:
a) Him being a cunt/twat
b) Him being overrated by people/media.

Obviously I agree with a) but with b) just because he's overrated, doesn't mean he's not a good player still.

And for the record, I'd rather Carvalho if I had the choice...

This is where you failed, because I'm an Arsenal fan. By your logic, I should have been rooting for Gerrard as Arsenal fans generally like Liverpool and would happily pick them over the other two in just about any contest.

Rio was the better choice. I'm not changing my opinion, on this. Whether it was Capello or Big Bird from Sesame Street that made the decision, I would still say the same.

DTI
25th August '08, 04:38 PM
WOW the chelsea jealousy among other fans is strong. Also evident when Lampard gets booed off the pitch against the Czechs even though the whole team was poor.

GrimmyGrimGrim
25th August '08, 10:31 PM
Did I say anything about his ability being sub-par? I said the two major reasons for most peoples dislike of Terry are:
a) Him being a cunt/twat
b) Him being overrated by people/media.

Obviously I agree with a) but with b) just because he's overrated, doesn't mean he's not a good player still.

And for the record, I'd rather Carvalho if I had the choice...

Still didn't answer the question, would you turn down John Terry, England Captain?
(no homo)

This is where you failed, because I'm an Arsenal fan. By your logic, I should have been rooting for Gerrard as Arsenal fans generally like Liverpool and would happily pick them over the other two in just about any contest.

I wasn't singling you out I was talking more about the others

The Messiah
25th August '08, 11:11 PM
Still didn't answer the question, would you turn down John Terry, England Captain?
(no homo)

As an Arsenal signing? No. Simply because we need a no-nonsense defender. If I was a Manchester United fan, my answer would be an emphatic yes.
As an Arsenal captain? Probably yeah. I'd rather Toure or Van Persie as captains tbh

Xtra P
25th August '08, 11:35 PM
Messiah has just about covered everything, theirs not much more to add on this subject but what I will say is, the decision has been made, its done & dusted, we will see if it turns out to be a good choice in the long run.