PDA

View Full Version : Tottenham name price tag for Bale.....enough to pay off the Redknapp Jury

DTR
22nd January '12, 01:38 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/EXCLUSIVE-Tottenham-slap-world-record-150m-price-on-Bale-article856068.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2090127/Gareth-Bale-Tottenham-place-150m-price-tag.html

Lex Shanger Will Magnus
Clive Eboue Switch Xtra P The Messiah
@Chris89 Hutch
Mr. Jefferies Pristine Condition Alter E-ghost

Zoffie

EA
22nd January '12, 01:41 PM
In the post-billionaire owner transfer market we live in, I can't even laugh at this price tag as much as I would have a few years back.

Bish
lol

Plak
Can confirm this time two years ago we nearly sold him to Southampton.
Bale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
City<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
stay losing.

Nigel
22nd January '12, 02:03 PM
Inb4 barcelona match that price tag and exchange half their squad.

Tbh, 50m plus Pedro would be a good deal for spurs

Plak
22nd January '12, 02:05 PM

Would take that and then spend the 50m on getting a skengman striker, then we'd basically have a left winger a bit worse than Bale but still ODT, a world class striker and a sick rest of the team, would push for the title tbh.

Matt91
22nd January '12, 02:10 PM
inb4 city match the asking price.

nothing wrong with doing that i'm sure many others would do the same for their best players

The Stig
22nd January '12, 02:12 PM
:laugh:

quality
22nd January '12, 02:13 PM
If Downing is worth 20 and is yet to contribute a goal or an assist...

Pristine Condition
22nd January '12, 02:21 PM
Sounds about right tbh

Switch
22nd January '12, 02:24 PM
If Downing is worth 20 and is yet to contribute a goal or an assist...:laugh:

why not put that ridiculous price tag on him

Xtra P
22nd January '12, 02:30 PM
inb4 city match the asking price.

nothing wrong with doing that i'm sure many others would do the same for their best players

c/s

Pissed we lost Cesc but at least we got a good amou

oh..... oh yeah

http://i52.tinypic.com/nwc1zc.gif

Matt91
22nd January '12, 02:42 PM
Lol I was gonna mention Wenger

Jack 1017
22nd January '12, 02:42 PM

You trolling bro?

pedro>>>>>>>>>>>>bale

Nigel
22nd January '12, 02:47 PM
You trolling bro?

pedro>>>>>>>>>>>>bale

This is the same Barca that sold Dos Santos to Spurs.

Cazorla
22nd January '12, 02:51 PM
Would take that and then spend the 50m on getting a skengman striker, then we'd basically have a left winger a bit worse than Bale but still ODT, a world class striker and a sick rest of the team, would push for the title tbh.

No

Plak
22nd January '12, 03:19 PM
No

Care to elaborate?

V.I.PERSTAR
22nd January '12, 09:33 PM
Watch City sink their grubby paws into Bale and get him for 160mil lululululul

FoundTheGif
22nd January '12, 09:35 PM
lol

Plak
22nd January '12, 09:48 PM
TBH if we got 150m for one player we'd be able to turn our squad into title contenders. I mean, what did City's front line cost? Aguero 35m Dzeko 24M Silva 26M? so less than a collective 100m and their midfield isn't their strong suit, having said that their defence is ODT, but you look at their prices, Kompany was 6M, Lescott 23M (lululu) Richards free and Clichy 15m. So thats something like 130m for their defence and attack. Our midfield is better, even without Bale, so we could actually become a better team than City by getting that amount.
Of course he won't go for that, even though nowadays he is probably 3 times the player of Torres and about 100 times the player of Carroll.

GORDON
22nd January '12, 09:58 PM
lol spurs would bite city's hand off for 40 mil lol

Plak
22nd January '12, 09:58 PM

Not true.

V.I.PERSTAR
22nd January '12, 10:09 PM
Not true.

They rate him way more than that.

Shanger
23rd January '12, 12:36 AM

r u dumb

like we did with chelsea n modric yeh

anyway city will probs chase bale durin summer.

i wouldnt let him go unless it literally was a ridiculous price like 150. even then personally id rather keep. once we get a new stadium can compete on wages with other big teams, attract better names. futures bright.

Xtra P
23rd January '12, 12:40 AM
lol @ replying to Gordon in the sports room

Shanger
23rd January '12, 12:43 AM
lol @ replying to Gordon in the sports room

he gave his account to tht fatty UP

GORDON
23rd January '12, 01:22 AM
Modric is better than Bale lol, and swear they never bid that much either, was trolling about biting their hand off for it but no way would they have to pay close to 150 mil lol

ps i'm not fat, i just have a different life choice

Shanger
23rd January '12, 02:03 AM
yeh modric is better, but bearin bale's age and rate of improvement into mind he is gonna be more expensive.

Matt91
23rd January '12, 02:11 AM
would only sell him to madrid or barca

think we've learnt from our mistake with berbatov & carrick

DTR
23rd January '12, 02:36 AM
yeh modric is better, but bearin bale's age and rate of improvement into mind he is gonna be more expensive.
Modric is your best player, and IMO top 3 in EPL, behind Silva and RVP.

nortside
23rd January '12, 02:53 AM
Bale is vastly overrated. His goal will hide how shit he was against richards. I've always said bale is an ol skool kick and run winger, so if he faces a ful back with pace and strength his lack of dribbling skills get exposed.

Who really would pay more then 25 for him:dead:

El Asesino
23rd January '12, 03:00 AM
if offered half of that harry would have a heart attack and accept on his death bed

real spit

Shanger
23rd January '12, 03:01 AM
Bale is vastly overrated. His goal will hide how shit he was against richards. I've always said bale is an ol skool kick and run winger, so if he faces a ful back with pace and strength his lack of dribbling skills get exposed.

Who really would pay more then 25 for him:dead:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article725269.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Gareth-Bale-PFA-Player-of-the-year+cropped

nortside
23rd January '12, 03:05 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article725269.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Gareth-Bale-PFA-Player-of-the-year+cropped

yeah and so?????
modric was clearly the better for spurs. shows how dumb and fickle fans are

Shanger
23rd January '12, 03:17 AM
yeah and so?????
modric was clearly the better for spurs. shows how dumb and fickle fans are

l0l we didnt choose the PFA player

how does ur blind hatred of bale make us dumb and fickle

nortside
23rd January '12, 03:49 AM
l0l we didnt choose the PFA player

how does ur blind hatred of bale make us dumb and fickle

Listen I don't have a blind hatred of bale, I do however have a blind hatred of people saying how awesome a player like bale is yet when he's up against a full back with pace like richards he was so average against him and yet he would be touted as one of the worlds best players just below messi etc.

Im making the point that modric was spurs best player to show that ppl are dumb naming bale the prems best player when he wasn't even tottenhams best player, becaus ethey will see one or two highlight and get gassed

Shanger
23rd January '12, 03:56 AM
Listen I don't have a blind hatred of bale, I do however have a blind hatred of people saying how awesome a player like bale is yet when he's up against a full back with pace like richards he was so average against him and yet he would be touted as one of the worlds best players just below messi etc.

Im making the point that modric was spurs best player to show that ppl are dumb naming bale the prems best player when he wasn't even tottenhams best player, becaus ethey will see one or two highlight and get gassed

no 1s sayin bale is anywhere near as good as messi/ronaldo

but the guys quality n can win u games. he could also walk into any team apart from barca/madrid

he almost done it today when he squared it for defoe, after tht sick finish

nortside
23rd January '12, 04:10 AM
no 1s sayin bale is anywhere near as good as messi/ronaldo

but the guys quality n can win u games. he could also walk into any team apart from barca/madrid

he almost done it today when he squared it for defoe, after tht sick finish

yeah as long as people know he's good and realise his limitations. Listen I would take him at arsenal so im not some biased hater, im just saying that the way he is hyped you would expect him to be a better dribbler as when he came up against a full back with pace he was lacking. It's not something that will really get talked about in the media.

Shanger
23rd January '12, 04:17 AM
yeah as long as people know he's good and realise his limitations. Listen I would take him at arsenal so im not some biased hater, im just saying that the way he is hyped you would expect him to be a better dribbler as when he came up against a full back with pace he was lacking. It's not something that will really get talked about in the media.

richards is a very good RB, its no shame to have a shit time against him it happens.

bale is effective at gettin past players, i dont know what more u want?

his dribbling is good, an average game doesnt warrant for the media to scream bale exposed l0l

nortside
23rd January '12, 04:25 AM
richards is a very good RB, its no shame to have a shit time against him it happens.

bale is effective at gettin past players, i dont know what more u want?

his dribbling is good, an average game doesnt warrant for the media to scream bale exposed l0l

this is where i disagree, even my cuz who is a spurs fan was saying the same thing, bale will burn most fbs, if giving time and space but in tight spaces he ain't really got the dribbling skills to do a quality pacey fb

BIGLEE
23rd January '12, 09:10 AM
Bale is good at running fast and then delivering lol.

chris89
23rd January '12, 11:21 AM
top kick and run winger

quality
23rd January '12, 11:47 AM
top kick and run winger

It works tbh. He's effective, as opposed to players who do a load of step overs without moving a yard up the pitch. He knows how to use his pace effectively, and that's not something you can say for every pacey player.

That said, he's technically better than GF guys will give him credit for, he's clearly worked on his game over the last year - he's far more consistent and complete. He has a trick or two, but his athleticism will always be the talking point of his game.

Sean
23rd January '12, 11:50 AM
top kick and run winger

Agreed to an extent but he makes the space by doing it if you watch him he will pull 2 defenders out there position like you say kick and run but his then got so much space to allow him to cut in and cross it/go for goal etc.

Mr Nasri
23rd January '12, 12:40 PM
Bale gets it cracking but he is not world class.

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:36 PM
Agree with Quality tbh.

If he's good at delivering, then that's another facet of his game which is important.

23rd January '12, 04:01 PM
dunno why players leave their clubs for money, I'd be fucking happy if I was getting 10 grand a week to play football

chris89
23rd January '12, 04:09 PM
dunno why players leave their clubs for money, I'd be fucking happy if I was getting 10 grand a week to play football

An example being the rumour that the reason Rooney held Man Utd to ransom over more money/leaving was because Milner was bragging about how much money he was going to be getting at City during the WC lol.

It's a different life when you are up there with all that money, the pressure to always have the best stuff etc. it's a nice problem to have but these type of guys will never know how it's like to be an average member of society so to them they feel hard done by.

Imagine training at Arsenal knowing Denilson is on 40k more than you lol

23rd January '12, 04:12 PM
tbh if I was a footballer I'd let the babies have their bottles and be happy with my own life

The Messiah
23rd January '12, 11:33 PM
Hmm... double the price of Ronaldo?

chris89
24th January '12, 12:25 AM
tbh if I was a footballer I'd let the babies have their bottles and be happy with my own life

you say that in your current situation

24th January '12, 02:22 AM
whatever I'm not chatting shit

Mr Nasri
24th January '12, 10:34 AM
when teams are quoting 40m for hazard and gotze. and 150m for bale. if you want to sign messi you might aswell just hand over your club. the prices being shown these days are beyond stupid. 28m for willian. ripping up some dead league, fair hes ripped up the champs 2 but low it 10m take the money init.

Stellios
24th January '12, 11:57 AM
when teams are quoting 40m for hazard and gotze. and 150m for bale. if you want to sign messi you might aswell just hand over your club. the prices being shown these days are beyond stupid. 28m for willian. ripping up some dead league, fair hes ripped up the champs 2 but low it 10m take the money init.

Trust. Its crazy how quick things change in the world of football these days. I thought Torres' move was for stupid money, but in caparison to this Bale tag now, its just change. It basically means Messi would be worth around 500m and could only go to Chelsea, Man City or Dubai. Actually..at the rate the arabs are buying football clubs, he could be at Blackpool in 2 years time :smh:

Matt91
24th January '12, 12:49 PM
I think you're missing the point, this is basically saying he's not for sale, every player has a price but I guess the only 100m player is Messi especially if Ronnie went for 80m

Jack 1017
24th January '12, 01:07 PM
I think you're missing the point, this is basically saying he's not for sale, every player has a price but I guess the only 100m player is Messi especially if Ronnie went for 80m

Bale is worth around 20-30mill depending on how longs left on his contract and all that. I cant see him being as effective as he is for Spurs for a next team tbh Inshallah he goes Shitty/Chelski/Real

vibezin
24th January '12, 04:36 PM
150 Mil...... LMAO he is not worth 50 Either hes a decent winger leave it at that.

your pushing it at 40 tbh

BIGLEE
24th January '12, 05:07 PM
35mill I think

Matt91
24th January '12, 05:28 PM
Downing went for 20m so as a comparison I'd probs put him up in the 35m range with Eden Hazard whether we'd sell at that price is a completely diff story

GORDON
24th January '12, 05:32 PM
tbf if downing went for 20 then bale probably is worth 150m

DTR
24th January '12, 05:33 PM
tbf if downing went for 20 then bale probably is worth 150m
5* extorting from Villa.

GORDON
24th January '12, 05:36 PM
5* extorting from Villa.
don't ever quote me again you little hobbit

Xtra P
24th January '12, 07:32 PM
Downing went for 20m so as a comparison I'd probs put him up in the 35m range with Eden Hazard whether we'd sell at that price is a completely diff story

Thing is, Downing should NEVER have gone for that much he was worth 12 mil at best and even less now, it was a case of, he was worth what someone was willing to pay, same goes for Carrol.

I'd say Bale is worth around 35 mil at this point in time.

chris89
24th January '12, 07:36 PM
If anyone ever paid even 50m for Bale they'd be very disappointed with what they got tbh

Plak
24th January '12, 07:39 PM
If anyone ever paid even 50m for Bale they'd be very disappointed with what they got tbh

Poor man's left sided Ronaldo without the stepovers and free kicks.
Considering he's only 22 that is not a bad thing to be at this stage in his career.

chris89
24th January '12, 07:41 PM
Poor man's left sided Ronaldo without the stepovers and free kicks.
Considering he's only 22 that is not a bad thing to be at this stage in his career.

Yeah it's not bad

Plak
24th January '12, 07:48 PM
Yeah it's not bad

Not to mention he could grow to be as good as Ronaldo, so 50m for a player who has scored twice as many goals this season as Torres has in 12 months doesn't even seem unreasonable to me.
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://media.newschoolers.com/uploads/images/17/00/34/03/05/340305.png&size=600x564

chris89
24th January '12, 07:51 PM
Yes but comparing any transfer to Torres gives it value tbh

apart from Andy Carroll

Hij
24th January '12, 07:55 PM
Yes but comparing any transfer to Torres gives it value tbh

apart from Andy Carroll

Let's not lie- as fucked up as Andy Carroll was, the swap for Torres gave us Suarez for 7m :laugh:

chris89
24th January '12, 07:57 PM
Let's not lie- as fucked up as Andy Carroll was, the swap for Torres gave us Suarez for 7m :laugh:

He's doing well isn't he, propelling you up the table for sure

Nearly a million for every game he's banned for.

Matt91
24th January '12, 08:40 PM
Suarez goal scoring record isn't exactly prolific since he's been here, good link up play but he needs a poacher to play along with him

Xtra P if Liverpool pay 20m for Downing then it inflates the market much like when any team go mad on players that aren't rly that good such as Milner etc everyone's gonna know Villa have got money and will bump up the price plus they get used as a base mark for other players

quality
24th January '12, 08:49 PM
He's doing well isn't he, propelling you up the table for sure

Nearly a million for every game he's banned for.

:laugh:

Deep.

DTR
25th January '12, 01:11 AM
don't ever quote me again you little hobbit
Be quiet, you overweight racist tramp.

Clive Eboue
15th February '12, 02:38 PM
Bale just tends to pop up in certain games and go mad though, there's no way near enough consistency YET. Also apart from the Inter game I can't really remember him performing exceptionally in a big game?

MyLord
15th February '12, 02:49 PM
lol 150mill my arse. Gas mark 9

60mill +

Tottenham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arsenal

Jack 1017
15th February '12, 03:15 PM
MyLord pls see sig, it was one of Hijs last post RIP

MyLord
16th February '12, 08:15 AM
MyLord pls see sig, it was one of Hijs last post RIP

Such words have never been uttered by a fellow scouser