PDA

View Full Version : Real Talk On Liverpool ATM

M.O.G.
22nd January '12, 11:54 AM
Im not gonna post up proof of net spend, profit margins or anything like that to prove that the 35 mill we spent on Andy Carroll only really equalled 15 mill, Im just gonna show my utter despair about a club that are on the same level nowadays as say a Sunderland or Aston Villa.

I was gassed last season when Kenny came back and almost took us into Europe after our poor start and was full of optimism before the season started but his subsequent actions since have left me thinking where the fuck are we going? The simple answer is backwards.

When Rafa was in charge and we finished up as runners up to United (where I believe we threw the title away) we had a squad full of commitment and quality, Xabi, Masch, Gerrard, Torres, even Crouch was doing a job..now, now we have mid-table players at best and those players have been signed by Kenny, lets be honest...Henderson, Carroll, Adam and Downing have been poor, yes they've only had half a season but they have simply not delivered and so far do not like they are going to deliver anytime soon.

We are in terms of size, history and fan base a top 4 club, but on the pitch we are far from it, lets not sugarcoat it anymore, our team is a joke, we lack commitment, quality going forward and we lack ideas....the recent game at Stoke proving this, we had no idea how to break them down, which at the same time further proved many peoples point that we rely/relied way too much on Suarez correct.

Our only bright spots so far this season have been Enrique, Suarez (and look what happened to him) Lucas (now out for the season) and Bellamy (who's never gonna be a regular starter).

Also, i'd like to ask...are Adam and Henderson better options that Joe Cole and Aquilani? No, we have not improved, we are moving backwards

In summary we spent over a 100 mill on average players and were paying for it, Kenny pull your finger out in Jan, sign players we need and realize the players you signed arent good enough or miss out on Europe altogether, dont worry about top 4, worry about the Europa.

The clubs a joke atm and a laughing stock, Kennys actions over the Suarez incident in which he was clearly GUILTY, the squad, the way we play...9 times out of 10 we dont even look like scoring.
FFS were Liverpool FC, we shouldnt be signing these kinda players, they cant compete, they are simply not good enough..Henderson, Carroll, Downing, Adam, Spearing, Kuyt (atm)....just a joke.

Im fuming, I have so much more to say but this post is already too long.

DTR
22nd January '12, 12:35 PM
Good first post, valid points and it's well written out, good read.

b66 smedrock
22nd January '12, 12:46 PM
Real spit

StrallyMan
22nd January '12, 01:05 PM
should support Arsenal :P

Jstar
22nd January '12, 01:44 PM
http://h11.abload.de/img/kkkultv1k20.gif

Husso
22nd January '12, 02:01 PM
I feel your pain EazyNah .

Adam since we bought him has been shit and hasnt even been able to put a decent corner in never mind the rest. At best he gets one amazing pass of every game or so and thats it for him.

Henderson just kinda blends in and seems like a squad player to me tho i do rate him and should come good.

Spearing does his job well but he's only a squad player.

Downing don't even get me started on him. He can't cross the ball to a target to save his save. He also dosn't even try 50/50 challenges.

Kuyt is just shocking atm don't really need to say anymore than that.

And Carrol see i rate carrol and i think he's a good striker but he just hasnt got the right team behind him at all. Hopfully with Suarez back they should be able to link up and the goals start flowing.

But we do need a new striker, we need someone to cover Lucas for the rest of the season.

Tbh i said this last year before the summer. That our back 4 are fine and up front should be laughing we just need to sort our midfield out and tbh we still need to after all those signings.

kilik
22nd January '12, 02:11 PM
good points. tbh i really dont understand how you have a player like aquilani but you let him go on loan and play guys like adam and henderson instead :dead: .

the problem with liverpool is like you said, kenny went out and overspent on mid table british players. also without suarez it is obvious you lack goals

wud
22nd January '12, 02:15 PM

kjsdfhweosdcdic,sldka;hisc hahahahaha

Big 45
22nd January '12, 02:18 PM

loool

that Olly guy is a genius>>>>>>

Grimes
22nd January '12, 02:40 PM
caroll cost 55 million if you factor in we bought downing to make him effective

i am amazed we bought a player for 35million when 1. we didn't need another striker immediately 2. he wasn't going to make an instant impact

Cazorla
22nd January '12, 02:58 PM
Yet at the start of the season you was defending the signings of Carroll, Downing, Adam & Henderson whilst trying to convince Arsenal fans that Gervinho was the worst player ever. EazyNah

Gervinho = 4 league goals

Carroll, Downing, Adam & Henderson = 5 league goals

MoneyMan
22nd January '12, 03:28 PM
Should never have sold Xabi or Masch. :sad::angry::dozey::dead: so many bad bad decisions in transfer market recently.

We'll come back though, the really nnoying thing about us is that we can and will beat any big team on our day, but have consistently (in my lifetime) been so shit against little teams :angry:

I still have faith

Matt91
22nd January '12, 03:32 PM

hahahaha

GORDON
22nd January '12, 03:36 PM

looooooool 6*

Mazer Rackham
22nd January '12, 03:36 PM

brilliant

M.O.G.
22nd January '12, 03:37 PM
Yet at the start of the season you was defending the signings of Carroll, Downing, Adam & Henderson whilst trying to convince Arsenal fans that Gervinho was the worst player ever. EazyNah

Gervinho = 4 league goals

Carroll, Downing, Adam & Henderson = 5 league goals

As I said I was optimistic but the players have not delivered, dont make this an Arsenal thread.
I still dont rate Gervinho but this isnt about him or Arsenal

quality
22nd January '12, 05:18 PM
Should never have sold Xabi or Masch. :sad::angry::dozey::dead: so many bad bad decisions in transfer market recently.

We'll come back though, the really nnoying thing about us is that we can and will beat any big team on our day, but have consistently (in my lifetime) been so shit against little teams :angry:

I still have faith

Liverpool didn't have a say in selling them. They were going to the two best teams in Europe. The issue is how you replaced them.

Hij
22nd January '12, 07:15 PM
Sacking Benitez was the first problem.

quality
22nd January '12, 09:35 PM

Serious question - what would have to happen for the fans to call for Daglish to go? I know you all love him because of the 80s and how he reacted to Hillsbrough etc, so I'm genuinely just curious.

If he bought a load more over-priced players and two years went by without Champions League football, would there be pressure? Or at least would you not complain too much if the owners got rid?

Husso
22nd January '12, 09:38 PM

Letting two cowboy yanks take over the club was the first problem.

You can trace everything that's gone wrong back to them easily.

Hij
22nd January '12, 10:06 PM

Fair comment.

TBH At the start of the season I was saying how we were making loads of chances but not scoring, now we're not even making chances. Next two matches are massive for our season

El Asesino
22nd January '12, 10:43 PM
Agree with a lot ITT.

Adam will never be good enough

Henderson should be a player with potential, devloping on the bench

Kuyt is a Liverpool legend, but passed it. Sell now, or have him on the bench regular.

Caroll has potential and it's a lot to do with the players around him there is no creativity. I'm happy to wait with Caroll.

Eazynah I was saying this to my Dad, we've gone backwards from what we were under Rafa. When Rafa was in charge Bellamy was an option coming off the bench, now he's our most lethal striker. Granted Suarez is our best attacker but when he's not there, there is nothing. I'm upset with Kenny he keeps sayin the squad is strong when it's clearly not, I really hope his stubborness and ignorance doesn't lead to his downfall.

Sign a striker, sign an attacking creative midfielder. Gerrard is clearly going to be playing deeper for the remainder of his career, we need another option.

Losing Lucas was massive though.

Hij
22nd January '12, 11:10 PM
Serious question - what would have to happen for the fans to call for Daglish to go? I know you all love him because of the 80s and how he reacted to Hillsbrough etc, so I'm genuinely just curious.

If he bought a load more over-priced players and two years went by without Champions League football, would there be pressure? Or at least would you not complain too much if the owners got rid?

To be honest the football from when I came out of pen till about November was pretty decent we just couldn't score now though we can't even create chances and that's worse.

Bearing in mind he's only had a year I would allow him another year and a half and then we will see where we are. Few goals here and there we would have been better

Can't really defend the Carroll transfer anymore but I hope in time the team gels. Would be nice to have Suarez and Gerrard playing games together

Hij
22nd January '12, 11:12 PM
Also I whole heatedly regret us getting rid of Rafa. The 7th season was a par but while I defend Kenny he would probably have spent the money better

Hij
22nd January '12, 11:14 PM
Final words. Our season depends majorly on our next 2 games. We are also clearly missing Suarez although he doesn't have long to go I don't think

Hij
22nd January '12, 11:15 PM
We are crying out for pacey tricky wingers to replace Kuyt and Maxi and we need a striker, the squad as a whole besides that isn't too bad

Three6nine1
23rd January '12, 12:47 AM
fuck suarez though, even when he was playing he wernt doin shit, granted we looked like we would score rather than looking like we could score but either way we still wernt

Disillusioned with liverpool at the moment, last season was a write off and i didnt expect us to challenge for the title or anything but i wouldve thought given the money weve spent that we'd give european football a try. Theres plenty of games left but i doubt well even get into europe this season. Our best chance imo is via cups and if we dont beat city thats one EL place gone...

Weve gotta make the most out of January, two years without european football in this day n age will be terrible

Jimmy Conway
23rd January '12, 12:53 AM

Can't blame us for buying your shitty club who's been surviving on its "history" for the past fucking decade.

MyLord
23rd January '12, 01:00 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

c/s

EazyNah
I share your pain bro.

Husso
23rd January '12, 01:25 AM
Agree with a lot ITT.

Adam will never be good enough

Henderson should be a player with potential, devloping on the bench

Kuyt is a Liverpool legend, but passed it. Sell now, or have him on the bench regular.

Caroll has potential and it's a lot to do with the players around him there is no creativity. I'm happy to wait with Caroll.

Eazynah I was saying this to my Dad, we've gone backwards from what we were under Rafa. When Rafa was in charge Bellamy was an option coming off the bench, now he's our most lethal striker. Granted Suarez is our best attacker but when he's not there, there is nothing. I'm upset with Kenny he keeps sayin the squad is strong when it's clearly not, I really hope his stubborness and ignorance doesn't lead to his downfall.

Sign a striker, sign an attacking creative midfielder. Gerrard is clearly going to be playing deeper for the remainder of his career, we need another option.

Losing Lucas was massive though.

C/S Everything in bold.

El Asesino
23rd January '12, 01:31 AM
yeah we're crying out for some creative spark and a poacher, we have gone backwards massively imo

23rd January '12, 01:41 AM
I'm still baffed as to why we sold mereiles

Hutch
23rd January '12, 01:48 AM
I'm still baffed as to why we sold mereiles

I actually wish you kept him tbh, we panic bought him from you I don't rate him that highly.

Hij
23rd January '12, 04:10 AM
yeah we're crying out for some creative spark and a poacher, we have gone backwards massively imo

We honestly havent. The team last year was even worse

Actually midfield I'll agree with you. If we had a finisher I would have us on 7/8 more points and while it's not a title challenge it's on course for 4th

Send the team on target practice for a few weeks lol

Hij
23rd January '12, 04:15 AM
Kuyt needs to be replaced. Maxi is good but only in every other game like Bellamy.

Over the next year Kuyt and Maxi need to be sold and we need more cover up front. Carroll just isn't pacy and bellers can only play a game a week.

Downing started off aite but fell off. But can remain part of the squad for now. Adam looks better alongside Lucas who is a massive loss. quality your defending of Bale reminds me of me defending Lucas lol

Begging for a pacy right winger and a striker tbh. Definitely can improve those positions .

This seasons been a write off but there have occasionally been decent signs and there are still a few changes to be made and youngsters to get older

I'm afraid sacking Dalglish won't achieve anything more than sacking Benitez did. I trust in Kenny at least for now and he needs more than 12 months

Hij
23rd January '12, 04:16 AM
And I have no problems with Hendersons signing at all

M.O.G.
23rd January '12, 10:01 AM
If we could replace Rafa with Dalglish i'd be all for it tbh.
I regret losing Rafa more than any player, or anything that has happened to our club in the last 5 years.

quality
23rd January '12, 10:40 AM
Send the team on target practice for a few weeks lol

This is what I don't understand (and its exactly the same for Spurs, more so last season) - can't they fucking work on putting the ball in the net? Maybe they need an attacking coach to complement Clarke.

Remember Redknapp saying that when he took over, the training Ramos left was mental - no one was working with Lennon on crossing, or Bale on defending.

NE63
23rd January '12, 12:43 PM
And I have no problems with Hendersons signing at all

Liverpool should put Henderson there. All Sunderland supporters know his real position is right wing. He only played centre midfield because of an injury crisis and frankly, he was shit.

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:17 PM
If we could replace Rafa with Dalglish i'd be all for it tbh.
I regret losing Rafa more than any player, or anything that has happened to our club in the last 5 years.

We were what? About 4-5 months away from him (the guy who exposed the cunts in the first place) having new owners to back him - instead we brought in the media darling Hodgson. I think that's why I hate Hodgson so much, I resent that our chairman at the time actually picks up rags like the Daily Star/Mirror etc and then goes "Yeah they don't like Benitez, but they love Hodgson, I'll bring them sack one and bring the other in". We also pissed fucking 12m up the wall with getting rid of Rafa, bringing in Hodgson then getting rid of Hodgson :laugh:

I'd like to see Dalglish for another year and a half (was his contract 3 and a half years?) and if it's on top for him, for him to bring Rafa back in like Rafa brought him back- or if it goes well, for Kenny to stay on.

While we aren't performing to our best, I guess I'll always give us a couple of seasons leeway, because at least we are bitching about the on field shit this season hey? That's gotta be a bonus compared to 2007 onwards!

It's just the fallacy that Rafa is awful that still grinds me down. I've read several autobiographies now and most of the players refer to him as a "genius" - someone that would never stop trying to get them to improve. If Rafa had money to spend at the end of the 2008/2009 - and could have given Alonso a bumper contract for a final year with us - we'd probably have won the league.

Water under the bridge now though.

Liverpool should put Henderson there. All Sunderland supporters know his real position is right wing. He only played centre midfield because of an injury crisis and frankly, he was shit.

Really? I'm not doubting you mate, but and and a lot of others think he looks lost out there on the right (we played him on the right at first) and that he seems a lot more comfortable in the middle. But like I say, I could be wrong.

Like I said, no doubt he was expensive, but I see a lot of potential in him, and he's been unlucky not to score a couple more screamers.

NE63
23rd January '12, 02:19 PM
We were what? About 4-5 months away from him (the guy who exposed the cunts in the first place) having new owners to back him - instead we brought in the media darling Hodgson. I think that's why I hate Hodgson so much, I resent that our chairman at the time actually picks up rags like the Daily Star/Mirror etc and then goes "Yeah they don't like Benitez, but they love Hodgson, I'll bring them sack one and bring the other in". We also pissed fucking 12m up the wall with getting rid of Rafa, bringing in Hodgson then getting rid of Hodgson :laugh:

I'd like to see Dalglish for another year and a half (was his contract 3 and a half years?) and if it's on top for him, for him to bring Rafa back in like Rafa brought him back- or if it goes well, for Kenny to stay on.

While we aren't performing to our best, I guess I'll always give us a couple of seasons leeway, because at least we are bitching about the on field shit this season hey? That's gotta be a bonus compared to 2007 onwards!

It's just the fallacy that Rafa is awful that still grinds me down. I've read several autobiographies now and most of the players refer to him as a "genius" - someone that would never stop trying to get them to improve. If Rafa had money to spend at the end of the 2008/2009 - and could have given Alonso a bumper contract for a final year with us - we'd probably have won the league.

Water under the bridge now though.

Really? I'm not doubting you mate, but and and a lot of others think he looks lost out there on the right (we played him on the right at first) and that he seems a lot more comfortable in the middle. But like I say, I could be wrong.

Like I said, no doubt he was expensive, but I see a lot of potential in him, and he's been unlucky not to score a couple more screamers.

He played on the right wing all through his youth team days and most of his games for us were on the right. Injuries forced him into the middle where he looked nowhere near as good a player. Capello playing him as a defensive midfielder against France knocked his confidence for a while.

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:20 PM
This is what I don't understand (and its exactly the same for Spurs, more so last season) - can't they fucking work on putting the ball in the net? Maybe they need an attacking coach to complement Clarke.

Remember Redknapp saying that when he took over, the training Ramos left was mental - no one was working with Lennon on crossing, or Bale on defending.

Could be. Our defence (bar the Bolton match) is something like 3rd or 4th best in the league, I think it was 2nd or 3rd but the Bolton game almost certainly put paid to that. But irrespective of us at the back, teams like Blackburn and Bolton out score us :laugh:

But then that's the thing I'm saying Quality about why I'd give them more time. We're not in the relegation zone, we're defending well as a unit, and I guess that's a good base to build upon. Obviously rival supporters will always say 100m, he has to be performing immediately - and maybe there is some merit in that, but I don't think you gain from a merry-go-round of managers.

Give them 18 months to work on the attack and we'll see how it looks later.

M.O.G.
23rd January '12, 02:20 PM
Rafa definately deserved longer, after all he did to only give him the amount of time he was given was a travesty, im not against King Kenny and im not calling for him to be sacked either, just pointing out he has made a few howlers but replacing him now would be scandalous, i'd just like to see us compete and compete well, something we havent done for the last few weeks, I can take a loss if we perform.

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:24 PM
He played on the right wing all through his youth team days and most of his games for us were on the right. Injuries forced him into the middle where he looked nowhere near as good a player. Capello playing him as a defensive midfielder against France knocked his confidence for a while.
Cheers for the comments anyway mate interesting to hear from a Sunderland fan. He seems like a nice enough lad though, fairly humble etc.

I'm almost certain the idea was for Downing left, Henderson right and Carroll through the middle, with Suarez just behind - the two of them delivering crosses but it just hasn't seemed to work out. Carroll looks half the player he looked at Newcastle and as much as I can defend the circumstances of his transfer, it does look more and more like an utter balls up- he's completely lost his confidence.

Suarez is still out for a while and the atmosphere should be jumping in our next two games (Carling Cup Semi against Man C, FA Cup 4th Round against Man U). The players will probably experience Anfield at it's loudest this season - so hopefully it helps motivate them.

Rafa definately deserved longer, after all he did to only give him the amount of time he was given was a travesty, im not against King Kenny and im not calling for him to be sacked either, just pointing out he has made a few howlers but replacing him now would be scandalous, i'd just like to see us compete and compete well, something we havent done for the last few weeks, I can take a loss if we perform.

The 7th season was a ball ache, but we were a Forlan goal away from another European Final (albeit Europa perhaps)- and at least we qualified for it again the season after. I had full confidence he would turn it around eventually - even the very next season. Infact I was more gutted for Rafa when the owners left, than I was happy for them leaving- because it was him who did all the fucking leg work and put his head on the block for us to get them out and it wasn't him who had the opportunity to spend consistent money on players he wanted- bar Keane and the Aquilani travesty (who actually does look a good player) - he generally got it spot on when he had to spend big.

NE63
23rd January '12, 02:30 PM
Henderson is a down to earth lad and doesnt seem the type to be the pissed up prima donna footballer. All Sunderland supporters were delighted to get such a big fee for him and we all wanted him to go for that price, but everyone hopes he does well.

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:34 PM
Henderson is a down to earth lad and doesnt seem the type to be the pissed up prima donna footballer. All Sunderland supporters were delighted to get such a big fee for him and we all wanted him to go for that price, but everyone hopes he does well.

Fair play mate, I hope he does too. He was the one criticised most on here after we signed all the players - but I think Carroll and Downing have been decidedly worse. Lucas and Gerrard being injured for a while definitely meant he got thrown in at the deep end for a bit, but I guess it's probably helped him.

M.O.G.
23rd January '12, 02:37 PM
Fair play mate, I hope he does too. He was the one criticised most on here after we signed all the players - but I think Carroll and Downing have been decidedly worse. Lucas and Gerrard being injured for a while definitely meant he got thrown in at the deep end for a bit, but I guess it's probably helped him.

Probably signed to compliment each other, ie Downing crossing for Carroll to get his head on but Downing has had no final ball....I kinda feel for Carroll in the sense that he hasnt had deliveries in the box to show his heading prowess but at the same time his all round play has been a myth, he has no technique.

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:41 PM
Good shout. I remember one game when Gerrard came on with the last 10 minutes, whipped it in and Carroll hit the bar :laugh:

But it was definitely a much better delivery.

Also, here's a point I'll raise, Gerrard either isn't fit, or he's lost a yard of pace, but no-one points it out when he plays? Against Man City, away from home, second half, remind me what he did? I pointed out to my brother while we were watching on the phone that he had virtually gone anonymous. You could see him there in the centre of the pitch, but not really tackling, nor picking the ball up?

Did it again against Bolton.

Also Benitez once said Gerrard could potentially finish his career as a striker - why haven't we considered that?

23rd January '12, 02:42 PM
carrol is just a myth of a player tbh, bet we could find more effective strikers in the reserves or the academy

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:49 PM
--------Gerrard----------
Downing Henderson Bellamy
------Adam--Spearing-----
Enrique-Skrtel-Agger-Johnson
-------Reina-------------

Does that not excite anybody else? No homes!

At this moment of time while we can't score I'd rather have Gerrard in the box for corners, up front etc. If the balls going to fall to anyone in the box at the moment, if it was him, you'd be confident of it hitting the net.

Probably a pipe dream, but he did used to play second striker with Torres. Could play him second striker with Bellamy and do 4-4-2, or up on his own like Torres used to do with 3 behind him.

Gotta try something different anyhow - we only scored against City last time with a pen.

M.O.G.
23rd January '12, 02:51 PM
Good shout. I remember one game when Gerrard came on with the last 10 minutes, whipped it in and Carroll hit the bar :laugh:

Also, here's a point I'll raise, Gerrard either isn't fit, or he's lost a yard of pace, but no-one points it out when he plays? Against Man City, away from home, second half, remind me what he did? I pointed out to my brother while we were watching on the phone that he had virtually gone anonymous. You could see him there in the centre of the pitch, but not really tackling, nor picking the ball up?

Also Benitez once said Gerrard could potentially finish his career as a striker - why haven't we considered that?

Ive never really thought of Gerrard as a striker but now you mention it it could be worth a shout, lets be honest he cant be any worse then we already have.

wud
23rd January '12, 02:54 PM
Our team was molded for Carroll, everything went to him. What Pardew's done now is no short of amazing, but everytime I see Carroll looking lost in a Liverpool shirt I want him back at Newcastle :sad: Kenny's tried to do something similar as people have mentioned, with Downing out wide to whip crosses into him but it just isn't working.

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:56 PM
Our team was molded for Carroll, everything went to him. What Pardew's done now is no short of amazing, but everytime I see Carroll looking lost in a Liverpool shirt I want him back at Newcastle :sad: Kenny's tried to do something similar as people have mentioned, with Downing out wide to whip crosses into him but it just isn't working.

I think that's fair. Carroll looked like an absolute battering ram for you guys.

Also by the by, Pardew is clearly massively under-rated.

M.O.G.
23rd January '12, 02:56 PM

Downing has no final ball, yeah he can use a burst of speed to get away from most defenders but it's pointless if there's nothing at the end of it, this is where I feel sorry for Carroll

Hij
23rd January '12, 02:58 PM
Lol when you look up and a player is sprinting towards goal, on the edge of the area and you scream "SHOOT!" and then you realise its Downing and pop off to the toilet for a piss :laugh:

In fairness though, he's put it on a gold plattered plate a few times, but lads hit the post or blast it wide.

M.O.G.
23rd January '12, 02:59 PM
Lol when you look up and a player is sprinting towards goal, on the edge of the area and you scream "SHOOT!" and then you realise its Downing and pop off to the toilet for a piss :laugh:

In fairness though, he's put it on a gold plattered plate a few times, but lads hit the post or blast it wide.

Lol it's true, usually when a player is making those runs im on the edge of my seat, with Downing even my dad says 'it's going in the stands or straight to the keeper'

wud
23rd January '12, 03:01 PM
I think that's fair. Carroll looked like an absolute battering ram for you guys.

Also by the by, Pardew is clearly massively under-rated.

Real talk: I think I would sacrifice Ba for Carroll. I would potentially swap a Europa league place for mid-table finishes just to have a true Geordie number 9.

I was pissed when Hughton got sacked, but Pardew's worked miracles, our scouting network is clearly working if the top 4 didn't manage to pick up Cabaye before us tbh

Downing has no final ball, yeah he can use a burst of speed to get away from most defenders but it's pointless if there's nothing at the end of it, this is where I feel sorry for Carroll

Walcott pt.2 :laugh:

quality
23rd January '12, 03:04 PM
Real talk: I think I would sacrifice Ba for Carroll. I would potentially swap a Europa league place for mid-table finishes just to have a true Geordie number 9.

I mean this affectionately, I went to uni in Newcastle and love Geordies, but that's everything that's wrong with Newcastle fans.

23rd January '12, 03:05 PM

I'd like to see this, gerrard hasn't been getting forward enough although I still think he's been way past it for a good few years now

spearing is probably our best defensive midfielder (while we're without lucas) so definitely wanna see him playing more

Husso
23rd January '12, 03:07 PM

I remember turning round to my mate at the time and said that. He did two better crosses to Carrol in those 10 mins than Downing had done all season.

Tbh Carrol is great at holding the ball up and has shear power behind his shots to, (but if you watch he falls over at least 3 times per game lol) just nobody crosses to him so we don't use him for what he's good for HEADING THE FUCKING BALL!. Where so wasteful during corners to. There always right to the keeper and never near the penalty spot etc.

Need to sort out our set play and deffo sort out our crossing possibles. i mean between enrique, downing, bellamy, johnson and even Gerrard, Carrol should be scoring A LOT more goals really. Or should be getting more chances at least

quality
23rd January '12, 03:09 PM
Tbh, I'm biased against Adam because of his 'tackle' on Bale last season (was at the game, disappointing birthday tbh). But to me, he's average. He always looks out of puff, and his tackling is absolutely awful. Liverpool, and the attention that comes with it, is a step too far for him surely?

Husso
23rd January '12, 03:10 PM

Can conform im excited by this line up. n/h

Hij
23rd January '12, 03:10 PM
Tbh, I'm biased against Adam because of his 'tackle' on Bale last season (was at the game, disappointing birthday tbh). But to me, he's average. He always looks out of puff, and his tackling is absolutely awful. Liverpool, and the attention that comes with it, is a step too far for him surely?
Possibly.

But compared to all the other players, he was a 6m signing and with Lucas and Gerrard back is surely more of a squad player?

Different positions, but an improvement on Poulsen.

23rd January '12, 03:12 PM
adam is basically lucas 2 years ago

quality
23rd January '12, 03:17 PM
adam is basically lucas 2 years ago

Surely they're different players? Adam is supposed to be your link man, Lucas your tackler.

And Adam has played in England before, and in British football before that. Rangers shipped him out because of fitness issues, and that league is a joke.

But compared to all the other players, he was a 6m signing and with Lucas and Gerrard back is surely more of a squad player?

Agreed, but he had a year on his contract, his team got relegated and was (I assume) told in January he could leave in the summer.

An improvement on Poulsen definitely, but there had to have been better players knocking about Europe.

Hij something I'm interested in - is there any indication of who is dictating transfer policy? Did Comolli sign all these boys or was it Daglish?

Hij
Lucas is a million times better than Adam.

Adam looks better when we play 3 in the middle and Lucas does the clearing up for him - I think that says more about the signing than anything else

wud
I mean this affectionately, I went to uni in Newcastle and love Geordies, but that's everything that's wrong with Newcastle fans.

True, but its that passion that means we constantly finish at the top of stadium attendences and away support lists.

And Adam has played in England before, and in British football before. Rangers shipped him out because of fitness issues.

i've heard alot of stories from his time at Rangers, he used to eat packets of crisps at training and all sorts :laugh:

Hij
23rd January '12, 03:18 PM
Agreed, but he had a year on his contract, his team got relegated and was (I assume) told in January he could leave in the summer.

An improvement on Poulsen definitely, but there had to have been better players knocking about Europe.

@Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1) something I'm interested in - is there any indication of who is dictating transfer policy? Did Comolli sign all these boys or was it Daglish?

As far as I'm aware they work together and there are no problems between them - e.g Dalglish might say I want so and so, and Comolli works to get them, or Comolli suggests someone and Dalglish has the final say.

That's what they've said publicly. I dunno if they are chatting shit and it's different behind closed doors.

23rd January '12, 03:29 PM
adam makes lots of mistakes and gives away fouls = lucas when he joined us

Im not saying they're the same type of player

Hij
23rd January '12, 03:48 PM
Oh fair enough. Adam is under rated going forwards though.

23rd January '12, 03:51 PM
yeah he definitely looks better as an attacking player, got a good shot on him as well

I'd say we need more solid midfielders, lucas being the only one and maybe spearing isn't enough really

Hij
23rd January '12, 03:56 PM
We have so many "do everything" midfielders - none that are specialists bar Gerrard

I wanna see more of Shelvey as well

Husso
23rd January '12, 04:01 PM
We have so many "do everything" midfielders - none that are specialists bar Gerrard

I wanna see more of Shelvey as well

C/S on the bold but i would say Gerrard is the only "do everything" midfielder we have. He can play in any position and look conformable
while others would struggle in certain spots unless i have misunderstood what you meant there mate.

23rd January '12, 04:02 PM
oh yeah forgot about shelvey, apparently he played sick when he was on loan, he could be a decent goalscorer

Husso
23rd January '12, 04:12 PM
nhZIAhopqEE

He played in a CAM role while at Blackpool and scored 6 goals in 10 games.

And hes only 19 so still a kid really. One to watch in years to come.

23rd January '12, 04:14 PM
it feels weird when you get to the age where players for your team are younger than you lol

Husso
23rd January '12, 04:18 PM
Mate its weird im the same age as him and hes starting in the first team for Liverpool and im just doing shit Uni work lol.

He's also just training with the legends Gerrard, Carra and Kenny.

Is a MADNESS!

Pirate
23rd January '12, 06:29 PM

Mate I think you're actually insane. I'd much rather have an African number 9 (in Cisse or fuck it even Obafemi) than have Carroll back. True Geordie number 9s are only worthwhile when they're as good as Shearer tbh.

I'll be honest right - I hate Henderson for being a Mackem, Downing for being a Smog Monster, Carroll for being from Gateshead and still thinking he's the next Shearer when he was outscored by Nolan in the Championship, Adam for being a Hun and Suarez for being a cheat (see Ghana World Cup). But all that said, I would rather have any of those players over Guthrie. He's wank.

23rd January '12, 06:44 PM
^ smh

Hij
23rd January '12, 06:52 PM
it feels weird when you get to the age where players for your team are younger than you lol
I was thinking that myself :laugh:

Pirate
23rd January '12, 09:05 PM
^ smh

what you smhing at? if its the regional hate then not arsed
if its the Geordie shite vs African god, then... :dead:

GrimmyGrimGrim
23rd January '12, 11:53 PM
WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC’s interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more.

The Reds’ principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

“There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it’s brilliant,” Werner recalled.

“John and I said: ‘Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we’ve got to figure out a way to make a deal with him’.”

The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing’s arrival remained

:lol:

chris89
23rd January '12, 11:56 PM
This is one of the most boring threads that has ever been in the sports room

Husso
24th January '12, 01:06 AM

What a thrilling input you have added to the thread.

GORDON
24th January '12, 01:35 AM
chris89 has contributed more in 1 post than your whole family have contributed to anything you cunt

Husso
24th January '12, 01:40 AM
chris89 has contributed more in 1 post than your whole family have contributed to anything you cunt

What another thrilling input added to the thread.

But coming in to "defend" chris89 :dead:

GORDON
24th January '12, 01:41 AM
lol you fag

MoneyMan
24th January '12, 01:54 AM
Right mid, Left Mid, Centre Mid, Striker - NOW PLEASE!

24th January '12, 02:24 AM

lol because all the dickheads haven't come through chatting pure shit and calling it "banter"

M.O.G.
24th January '12, 09:32 AM
How can you sign a player just because you saw a video of him on youtube kicking balls into a bin lool, them Americans really are clueless when it comes to football

M.O.G.
24th January '12, 10:28 AM
Apparently were in talks atm to sign Granero from Real initially on a loan deal with a permanent deal likely in the summer.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-s-new-transfer-target?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hij
24th January '12, 04:12 PM
I may clear this thread up so only known Liverpool fans can post

LUCAS LEIVA is backing Liverpool FC to bounce back from their miserable defeat to Bolton and book their passage to Wembley in front of principal owner John Henry.

The Brazilian midfielder has returned to Melwood to continue his rehabilitation after six weeks in his homeland following surgery on his anterior cruciate ligament.

Lucas will be at Anfield for the Carling Cup semi-final second leg against Manchester City tomorrow night.

Henry and chairman Tom Werner, who have flown in from America, will also be among a capacity crowd and Lucas is confident the Reds will finish the job off after their 1-0 first leg victory.

“For sure I will be at Anfield,” Lucas said. “I’ll support the team and I’ll be in the dressing room.

“It won’t be easy for me because it will be my first game at Anfield since I got injured, but it is a really important game.

“We have a chance of getting to the final and hopefully in February I will be at Wembley getting a medal.

“I am confident we can get a good result. We have shown against the big teams we are capable of winning. The fans will be very excited and will support us throughout the 90 minutes.”