PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace wenger?

zurich
15th January '12, 08:08 PM
I think his time could possibly be up at the end of the season.

Or even if he doesn't go, who would you like to take over?

BIGDON
15th January '12, 08:16 PM
Sam Allardyce

Hutch
15th January '12, 08:20 PM
Steve McClaren hopefully.

Danielson
15th January '12, 08:20 PM
Henry.

StrallyMan
15th January '12, 08:34 PM
Henry.

:woah:

Julio Cesar
15th January '12, 08:54 PM
Arshavin player manager

chris89
15th January '12, 08:57 PM
Arshavin player manager
:laugh:

inb4 wenger goes on the board and nothing changes

M.O.G.
15th January '12, 08:57 PM
Arshavin player manager

Anything like his performances Arsenal will be relegated

15th January '12, 08:59 PM
any nigga that isn't scared to try new things out

i'm suck of wenger and his pathetic tactics

yeah the board is fucking with our money but that has nuttin' to do with they way we are set up, subs, and the use of our players

still can't believe the ox ain't getting regular starts

#WENGEROUT

M.O.G.
15th January '12, 09:01 PM
Can I just ask why Song isnt at the ANC?
Not selected or did he get special permission to play?

Josh
15th January '12, 09:09 PM
Can I just ask why Song isnt at the ANC?
Not selected or did he get special permission to play?

cameroon didn't qualify

M.O.G.
15th January '12, 09:10 PM
cameroon didn't qualify

Ahhhh. I always seem to take them for guarantees to qualify.
Need to keep up to date with that

Jimmy Conway
15th January '12, 09:12 PM
still can't believe the ox ain't getting regular starts

#WENGEROUT
prolly doesn't want him to end up like Walcott ffs!

M.O.G.
15th January '12, 09:15 PM
If Arsenal want to keep a manager like the one they currently have, i.e shit at tactics and selections...I will gladly take up the role...Im shit on FM2012

daspecimen
15th January '12, 09:23 PM
it will probably be that serb at grampus eight

Romelu Lukaku
15th January '12, 09:28 PM
Pep Guardiola was rumoured to next in line as he is on a season by season contract and may fancy a new challenge...Seems a bit outrageous to me though!

As for the Oxlade-Chamberlain argument, I couldn't agree more, that kid is special and should be getting at least a bit of game time!!

StrallyMan
15th January '12, 09:29 PM
lol @ people goin on like Wengers a shit manager, 1 bad year and we still might finish top 4

Pristine Condition
15th January '12, 09:30 PM
Overreaction once agin imo.

When you had a nice little run going, no one was saying this shit

M.O.G.
15th January '12, 09:47 PM
lol @ people goin on like Wengers a shit manager, 1 bad year and we still might finish top 4

Rafa Benitez syndrome

The Messiah
15th January '12, 09:51 PM
If Arsenal want to keep a manager like the one they currently have, i.e shit at tactics and selections...I will gladly take up the role...Im shit on FM2012

FM 2012 is an easy game.

M.O.G.
15th January '12, 09:52 PM
FM 2012 is an easy game.

Honestly, I struggle...just managed to avoid relegation with Leyton Orient

Danielson
15th January '12, 09:55 PM

the usual Gooner gas impairing your vision?

Sosa
15th January '12, 10:06 PM
we dont have the same expectations as other teams that have spent alot more money then us.

it does piss me off though that the club seems to be run more like a business year after year, but we are one of the only teams making profit...

obviously i would trade that for success, but long term we are in the better position

chris89
15th January '12, 10:49 PM
it's yet to be seen if you can carry on making a profit without CL football though

talkingthehardest
15th January '12, 10:52 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-V-oHsCJA-iE/TmkWz8LCD1I/AAAAAAAABOw/WVK28VVtgpM/s1600/guardiola+barca+barcelona+fcbarcelona+barcablog+ba rca+blog+guardiola+barca+barcelona+fcbarcelona+bar cablog+barca+blog+33.jpg

Pep Guardiola to replace Wenger.

Also, abit drastic here, but I don't think a season without CL football will be as bad as people may seem. It'll allow us to perform better in the Prem, plus we'll have a great chance of winning a major trophy in the Europa cup.

Plak
15th January '12, 11:08 PM
Would Arsenal fans be happy with Guardiola given he has only managed Barcelona, who don't take much managing anyway?

grimeforumhater
15th January '12, 11:12 PM
would love to see Pep Guardiola. i heard him say he likes the way we play.

didier deschamps would be good.

chris89
15th January '12, 11:25 PM
arsenal don't even play nice football anymore lol

Plak
15th January '12, 11:35 PM
arsenal don't even play nice football anymore lol

C/s, Swansea outplayed them today.

Danielson
15th January '12, 11:45 PM
lol @ thinking Guardiola is a good manager an suitable replacement. Paedo Wenger > Pep.

He could not survive in the Premiership especially with a team like Arsenal that, unrealistically for these days, expect results and trophies.

chris89
15th January '12, 11:49 PM
walcott is shit and does nothing that excites, rvp is actually quite boring but effective, only player who interests me for arsenal is gervinho with his dribbling style

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 12:00 AM
lol @ thinking Guardiola is a good manager

Why do you think he's not a good manager?

EA
16th January '12, 12:02 AM
I don't think Wenger will be replaced by anyone established when he decides to retire (yes he will only leave when he wants to go). It will be another relatively unknown manager who will have similar footballing principles to Wenger.

I would be happy if Pep Guardiola took over one day but it would be interesting to see if he could replicate Barcelona's playing style at another team without the crop of players he currently has.

Xtra P
16th January '12, 12:04 AM

Gooners have been calling for Wengers head for years mate, crawl back in your hole.

Switch
16th January '12, 12:06 AM

Perspective though as before that we were having a torrid time and were complaining about how things were and the nice little 5-7 game run we had was something that simply steadied the ship until another shit storm ala these latest results happened, all we want is wenger to address the glaringly obvious issuse with the shitty squad he's assembled, if he doesn't then why should he keep his job? especially since he earns so fucking much.

Xtra P
16th January '12, 12:06 AM
we are one of the only teams making profit...

>>>>>>>>>

Can definitely see us winning the profit cup again this year :dozey:

chris89
16th January '12, 12:10 AM
some arsenal fans act like the money goes into their own pocket lol

Xtra P
16th January '12, 12:12 AM
some arsenal fans act like the money goes into their own pocket lol

Along with Wenger.

He must have the pin number for the Arsenal bank account.

EA
16th January '12, 12:24 AM
Perspective though as before that we were having a torrid time and were complaining about how things were and the nice little 5-7 game run we had was something that simply steadied the ship until another shit storm ala these latest results happened, all we want is wenger to address the glaringly obvious issuse with the shitty squad he's assembled, if he doesn't then why should he keep his job? especially since he earns so fucking much.

The signings he's made over the last 3 years are some of the shittest I've seen & his transfer policy makes no sense.

Wenger fuck-ups from recent memory:
- Signing Squillaci
- Signing Chamakh
- Selling Eduardo
- Selling Diarra
- Letting Flamini leave & not replacing him
- Letting Djourou breathe
- Not dropping Arshavin when he's playing crap
- Not bringing in another striker when Adebayor left
- Not replacing Fabregas or Nasri

I could go back further but it's pointless. Any other manager except Fergie wouldn't last this long.

Xtra P
16th January '12, 12:27 AM
Lets not forget our Down syndrome friend

http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/silvestre.jpg

Bish
16th January '12, 12:30 AM
he should have gone last season but he is making the right ppl the right money so wont, he is a cash cow the the owners and board.

talkingthehardest
16th January '12, 12:42 AM
Apparently, Carlo Ancelotti wanted the job but he's at PSG now. Arsene Wenger wants Dragan Stojković to replace him. Personally, I wouldn't mind Jurgen Klopp.

Switch
16th January '12, 12:46 AM
The signings he's made over the last 3 years are some of the shittest I've seen & his transfer policy makes no sense.

- Signing Squillaci
- Signing Chamakh
- Selling Eduardo
- Selling Diarra

I could go back further but it's pointless. Any other manager except Fergie wouldn't last this long.exactly and there are plenty more we could name

he's like an addict looking for an old rush, times have changed, him plucking out little gems from the french leagues are long gone and thanks to this addiction we now have a squad full of average players that perform in a sub standard way, he also hasn't clocked that we lose our best players simply because we aren't challenging and they get bored of playing with shitty players every weekend.

he'll continue to try and give excuses but none of them will work as this is has continued on for over half a decade and will continue to until someones says "hey arsene, just an idea but errm let's win some trophies, if not for you then for the fans"

chris89
16th January '12, 12:47 AM
i love these threads :laugh:

what's the mata bros?

Hutch
16th January '12, 12:56 AM

what's the mata bros?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw43xk0xGU1qfc7xi.gif

EA
16th January '12, 12:58 AM
exactly and there are plenty more we could name

he's like an addict looking for an old rush, times have changed, him plucking out little gems from the french leagues are long gone and thanks to this addiction we now have a squad full of average players that perform in a sub standard way, he also hasn't clocked that we lose our best players simply because we aren't challenging and they get bored of playing with shitty players every weekend.

he'll continue to try and give excuses but none of them will work as this is has continued on for over half a decade and will continue to until someones says "hey arsene, just an idea but errm let's win some trophies, if not for you then for the fans"

The thing is, no one's gonna say it to him because the board's only objective is to remain profitable and compete enough to keep the gate receipts coming in. We've been on a downward spiral ever since we sold Viera (he's another player who should have retired at Arsenal ffs :angry:). From then onwards, Wenger has made shitty decision after shitty decision but since the move to the Emirates, the board's objectives have changed so he's been safe.

what's the mata bros?

The one that we passed up on and let you sign lol.

chris89
16th January '12, 01:03 AM
if you stop getting into the CL then that profit is gonna rapidly disappear tbh

El Asesino
16th January '12, 01:04 AM
Wenger>>>

chris89
16th January '12, 01:07 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw43xk0xGU1qfc7xi.gif

:laugh:

Xtra P
16th January '12, 01:08 AM
1. Sign Africa/French players that no one has heard of
2. Lose a lot of games and slide down the league
3. Get completely outplayed by newly promoted team
4. ???????
5. Profit !!

Wenger is a fucking underpants gnome

EA
16th January '12, 01:15 AM
The only way I could see Arsenal bringing in any quality players is if we don't qualify for the CL and the club's accountant goes "Oh shit we're gonna lose out on x million this year, let's make sure we get back in the CL next season to get that money back."

Pristine Condition
16th January '12, 01:26 AM
Gooners have been calling for Wengers head for years mate, crawl back in your hole.

Maybe so but it's always at the highest when you lose. You beat Chelsea, I didn't hear of any problems from your fans.

From a neutral it just seems like Arsenal fans overreact at certain times.

Also, what hole would that be?

Xtra P
16th January '12, 01:34 AM
Maybe so but it's always at the highest when you lose. You beat Chelsea, I didn't hear of any problems from your fans.

Also, what hole would that be?

Why would we call for his head after a win?

People who want him out are happy when we win but their stance on him leaving won't changed until they see a fundamental change in the way the team is run, you chat so much nonsense I swear.

Fuck knows what hole but crawl back into it nevertheless.

Switch
16th January '12, 01:35 AM

Also, what hole would that be?i think you'll find that most people football or otherwise do this its not solely gooners but its hardly an overreaction, wengers made promises and none of them promises apart from moving to a new stadium has come to fruition and when challenged he makes an excuse or 5, this is all of his own doing he had success and has now swapped it for this whatever this is because it sure isn't a team/squad that looks like it'll be winning anything anytime soon

DTR
16th January '12, 01:41 AM
Why do you think he's not a good manager?
I could manage Barca and win the CL, it's not hard if you're managing Barca. Just play the exact line ups that have been played for the past 3 years.

MoneyMan
16th January '12, 01:49 AM
I'm as baffed as Arsene tbh.......

wtf is an underpants gnome?

I could manage Barca and win the CL, it's not hard if you're managing Barca. Just play the exact line ups that have been played for the past 3 years.

And nah i'm sorry that's another one that needs posting in the footy myths thread, "anyone could win with Barca" NO. NO. NO.

In some ways it's actually harder managing the best club, as someone told me in a completely non-football related matter ages ago, "it's easier to win a trophy than to hold onto it".
Pep has the players to do the talking for him, yes I agree he is an enviable position. But he still needs to turn up and keep the players motivated.

Some people seem to think Avram Grant or John Barnes could get Messi and co playing like they can, nah never that they would lose all motivation, commitment and enjoyment with the game.

Pristine Condition
16th January '12, 02:04 AM
i think you'll find that most people football or otherwise do this its not solely gooners but its hardly an overreaction, wengers made promises and none of them promises apart from moving to a new stadium has come to fruition and when challenged he makes an excuse or 5, this is all of his own doing he had success and has now swapped it for this whatever this is because it sure isn't a team/squad that looks like it'll be winning anything anytime soon

Fair enough. Today was the first time I've actually sat down and watch Arsenal play a full game without my team playing. So I saw things slightly different. Obviously, I'm oblivious to how the team holds out every week.

I'm not saying don't be vexed with Wenger if he's made promises etc but it seems like it's a big overreaction whenever the team loses in contrast to other fans of other clubs.

Hutch
16th January '12, 02:21 AM
I'm as baffed as Arsene tbh.......

wtf is an underpants gnome?

http://www.thetandashow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gnomes.jpg

nortside
16th January '12, 02:34 AM
People who think guardiola has it easy @ barca don't know football. when he took over they finished 3rd 18 points behind real, so it's not the cakewalk people make out. Anyway as for wengers replacement any half decent man manager. People over hype and complicate things, let me make it simple.

Wenger with quality players won trophies.

Wenger with average players wins fuck all.

So is wenger good or bad? or was he lucky to inherit a solid defence and at a time when people didn't have scouts all over the world he had a start on scooping young unknown talent, now everybody does the same thing as him what strength does he show as a manager?

tactically poor
motivation poor
talent spotting ???
man management ???

quality
16th January '12, 11:38 AM
I'm sure Tony Adams would be interested.

The Don
16th January '12, 12:09 PM
as much as it'll vex me, i really want guardiola to take over a rebuild at united or something, cos the thought of him retiring with this reputation of "lucky to have messi and xavi" isn't fair on him imo

was my first choice for the chelsea job

on topic it'll be v interesting to see what arsenal do post-wenger, as it will united, in fact i fully expect united to approach pep, but arsenal is a lot more difficult - do they carry on this wenger ethos or embrace the change and get someone who will shake shit up

it's probably time for the latter

boring boring arsenal - invincibles - winless "pretty football" squad - whatever the new guy implements

time for that 3rd phase to end tbh

Xtra P
16th January '12, 12:29 PM
Martin Keown ftw

daspecimen
16th January '12, 12:56 PM
Oddly Keown has been linked with the vacant Stevenage job

Zoffie
16th January '12, 01:09 PM
Rijkaard?? He is a terrific manager, just look at how good Barcelona were when he was in charge, he would make you play like that Barcelona team did? Just like he made Galatasaray amazing & the best... wait...

Can't judge how good Guardiola would be for Arsenal, yes he made good decisions for Barcelona, but he knew Barcelona inside out.
Barcelona has a good academy. Guardiola would probably have to raid Barca B & hopes that works if he was to takeover.

Sure the Rondo work would help & he can bring more to the story of Arsenal's emerging philosophy, but, I doubt he could help you to win, with just his presence alone. Investment would still be key, Barca B perhaps being the good bargain basement to provide a platform.

grimeforumhater
16th January '12, 02:41 PM
something tellls me Guardiola would do well in italy/spain but flop in england.

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 06:01 PM

It may not be the most challenging of job, it doesn't mean he's not a good manager though. If he wasn't a good manager he wouldn't be employed by the best team on the planet.

masterpig
16th January '12, 07:51 PM
Brendan rodgers

Hij
16th January '12, 08:26 PM
Rafa Benitez syndrome

As much as I love Kenny he'd have spent the money better! I can't believe we forced him out off the back of the owners and Purslow fucking everything up!! :(

>>>>>>>>>

Can definitely see us winning the profit cup again this year :dozey:

Exactly. Someone has bullshitted the Arsenal fans.

Fucking ages ago the mantra of "Few seasons without expenditure, and then mass transfer kitty".

Either Wenger won't spend it, or the board won't give it.

The only way I could see Arsenal bringing in any quality players is if we don't qualify for the CL and the club's accountant goes "Oh shit we're gonna lose out on x million this year, let's make sure we get back in the CL next season to get that money back."
Seeing as its between four clubs for the final Champions League place, that means Arsenal will be signing some top quality this transfer window?

Also it says in Pepe Reina's book that you put a bid in of 20m for him, so maybe its true Wenger won't spend unles its the correct player for him? Obviously your interest waned because Schenzhyryryeyeryeryeryery looked like he might come good and he has.

Why would Guardiola risk his legacy at Arsenal when he has a very good thing going

EA
16th January '12, 08:36 PM
Seeing as its between four clubs for the final Champions League place, that means Arsenal will be signing some top quality this transfer window?

I strongly doubt that Arsenal will sign anyone let alone a quality player. Every good player we've been linked with is saying "not now" so I think us fans just have to accept that we will finish the season with the squad we currently have.

daspecimen
18th January '12, 08:01 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2012-01-18/10-replacements-arsene-wenger

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
18th January '12, 08:03 PM
Wenger isn't going anywhere as long as Arsenal qualify for the Champions League on a regular basis.

Big 45
18th January '12, 08:30 PM
Martin Keown ftw

http://i.minus.com/ibzzND9m4OmBxy.gif

Xtra P
18th January '12, 09:02 PM
Wenger isn't going anywhere as long as Arsenal qualify for the Champions League on a regular basis.

So he's going in the summer ?

http://i.minus.com/ibzzND9m4OmBxy.gif

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_04/NistelrooyDM0111_468x949.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01109/martin-keown_1109346c.jpg

18th January '12, 09:06 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2012-01-18/10-replacements-arsene-wenger

oi is bergkamp ready now yeah?

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
18th January '12, 09:10 PM
On a regular basis.

Wenger is a godsend for your owners. I'm sure if he had money to spend, he'd be spending it.

Xtra P
18th January '12, 09:16 PM
There are too many teams better than us for us to qualify for Champions league on a regular basis tbh

Only way is if Wenger spends on genuine ready made quality and not just potential quality, and we all know that is not going to happen so......

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
18th January '12, 09:37 PM
Good point. I suppose it must be annoying to spend 12-15m on a 18 year old Oxlade-Chamberlain (as good as he potentially may be) when that could be better spent on proven quality. Still, your wage bill is significantly lower than the clubs around you. It's obviously not something that's going to make the fans happy (especially those with 1500 season tickets), but the only people Wenger has to answer to is the owners and the owners aren't likely to give a fuck unless you're losing matchday revenues from people not attending games.

If this is a policy by your owners and not a mad Wenger philosophy, a new manager coming in and working with what Wenger's had to could prove to be a big mistake. I do agree that Wenger needs to spend big this summer either way.

18th January '12, 09:48 PM
this is fucked man, n chamberlain n miyaichi could actually play now tbh, but why aint no one coming out n saying nothing if it is the owners ffs, i was glad ages ago when everyone else was getting taken over n we werent n it flopped at liverpule n what happen at man u as well but they sorted it, i'd rather usmanov take over tbh americans should just leave our football alone

Bish
18th January '12, 10:45 PM
this is fucked man, n chamberlain n miyaichi could actually play now tbh, but why aint no one coming out n saying nothing if it is the owners ffs, i was glad ages ago when everyone else was getting taken over n we werent n it flopped at liverpule n what happen at man u as well but they sorted it, i'd rather usmanov take over tbh americans should just leave our football alone

the board in recent times, since we have moved to the grove at least, have come out and said nothing so i bet they were happy that out of the 2 potential buyers the one known as "Silent Stan" bought all those shares. Imo i reckon they are worried that Usmanov might get the the 30% coz i think at that point he can look at the books of the club

zurich
19th January '12, 10:16 AM
Wenger is a cunt, if we had guys like vieria, henry, bergkamp,keown and adams working behind the scenes we would be doing better things.
Do the players even respect Pat Rice :s

AJNorthEast
19th January '12, 11:12 AM
I dont even support Arsenal and this annoys me, on one hand if the board are being dicks and Wenger hasnt got the money to spend fair play to him on the job he's doing with the resources. On the other if he's just keeping the transfer money to gather interest in the bank then splash out on a young lad who looks good other than a proven player, he needs to pull his finger out. I like the way Arsenal play but im sure he and the backroom staff have the ability to find some bargains on players over 23.

Big 45
19th January '12, 06:36 PM
lol Wenger is highest paid manager in the Premier League - 6mill a year

says it all really

Grimes
19th January '12, 06:51 PM
the irritating thing about arsenal is that all there problems are quite easily resolved

you sold your no1 left back what did you expect would happen

Bish
19th January '12, 11:27 PM
the irritating thing about arsenal is that all there problems are quite easily resolved

that's what is so frustrating and makes me think something out of hand was/is going on at the club but coz nothing of value ever gets released from the club the fans(or customers to our club) just dont know and are left paying the highest ticket prices in the league with no investment and selling our best players to generate money which vanishes.

not sure i agree on the left back as tbh i dont think he is anything better than what we have, apart from the 07-08 he was nothing great and even then he wasnt any good towards the end of that season

The Messiah
19th January '12, 11:36 PM

- Signing Squillaci
- Signing Chamakh
- Selling Eduardo
- Selling Diarra

I could go back further but it's pointless. Any other manager except Fergie wouldn't last this long.

In fairness:

- Signing Squillaci - Agree
- Signing Chamakh - Agree
- Selling Eduardo - Eduardo was a different player after his leg injury all the fans and Wenger could see it.
- Selling Diarra - Diarra was a disruptive influence on the squad because of the Euros coming up. We all wanted him to stay, but Flamini was having an awesome season.
- Letting Flamini leave & not replacing him - Agree
- Letting Djourou breathe - Agree
- Not dropping Arshavin when he's playing crap - Agree
- Not bringing in another striker when Adebayor left - Agree
- Not replacing Fabregas or Nasri - Agree

Bish
19th January '12, 11:50 PM
In fairness:

- Selling Eduardo - Eduardo was a different player after his leg injury all the fans and Wenger could see it.
- Selling Diarra - Diarra was a disruptive influence on the squad because of the Euros coming up. We all wanted him to stay, but Flamini was having an awesome season.

this

EA
20th January '12, 12:05 AM
In fairness:

With the Diarra issue, yes he wanted more playing time because of the Euros that year but that could have been handled better with man management and squad rotation. If it was done properly, we would probably still have him now.

Eduardo wasn't the same player after coming back from the leg break but since he's left, he's somewhat found his scoring touch again at Shaktar, meaning he very well could have found it if he stayed at Arsenal.

Tony Starks
20th January '12, 12:06 AM

We bought a replacement for Clichy though, and Santos has looked pretty good in fairness. He's injured and so is the 2nd choice left back

Xtra P
20th January '12, 12:09 AM
Its whatever now tbh, love my team and i've been all around the country to watch them but i'm apathetic now cause its clear that the board are only interested in pocketing the money and only make slight moves to appease the fans when we make a little too much noise, nothing is going to change unless there is a change of policy or ownership imo

don't care anymore.

Arsenal FC >>>>>

The board <<<<<<

Fuck silent Stan yankee scum

GrimmyGrimGrim
20th January '12, 02:29 AM
don't you have a clause that means 70% (not sure what the figure is exactly but it's quite high IIRC) of any transfer fees paid to you can only be used to bring in new players?

you must have at least 70m sitting somewhere that can only be used to buy players

Grimes
20th January '12, 09:59 AM
the lb thing was an example. santos was a panic purchase

Xtra P
20th January '12, 11:23 AM
We have panic purchased players for the last 3 years lol

The Messiah
20th January '12, 11:56 PM
With the Diarra issue, yes he wanted more playing time because of the Euros that year but that could have been handled better with man management and squad rotation. If it was done properly, we would probably still have him now.

You didn't read what I said. Flamini was having an awesome season. He was undroppable/unrotateable. Diarra essentially wanted to start, and Wenger isn't one to play two defensive midfielders. He struggles to play one.

Eduardo wasn't the same player after coming back from the leg break but since he's left, he's somewhat found his scoring touch again at Shaktar, meaning he very well could have found it if he stayed at Arsenal.

Ergo propter hoc.

chris89
20th January '12, 11:58 PM
who did you have at rb during diarra days? he always played well there for us tbh

EA
21st January '12, 12:07 AM
You didn't read what I said. Flamini was having an awesome season. He was undroppable/unrotateable. Diarra essentially wanted to start, and Wenger isn't one to play two defensive midfielders. He struggles to play one.

As good as Flamini was playing that season, the fact that he was playing in the last year of his contract means he could have easily been rotated here & there. It was quite obvious that he wasn't going to re-sign.

Ergo propter hoc.

I'd argue otherwise since he never really got a chance.

who did you have at rb during diarra days? he always played well there for us tbh

Sagna/Eboue

The Messiah
21st January '12, 12:45 AM
As good as Flamini was playing that season, the fact that he was playing in the last year of his contract means he could have easily been rotated here & there. It was quite obvious that he wasn't going to re-sign.

Wenger was hoping he would stay, therefore he played him. Rotating Flamini would have meant there was absolutely no chance whatsoever of him staying. It's easy to say with hindsight that he would never stay anyway.

Like I said, if you are the type of person to rotate in form players for the sake of squad rotation, fair enough. At least I know Ranieri is your managerial idol.

I'd argue otherwise since he never really got a chance.

He did.

Bish
21st January '12, 01:18 AM
Wenger was hoping he would stay, therefore he played him. Rotating Flamini would have meant there was absolutely no chance whatsoever of him staying. It's easy to say with hindsight that he would never stay anyway.

Like I said, if you are the type of person to rotate in form players for the sake of squad rotation, fair enough. At least I know Ranieri is your managerial idol.

He did.

yer ur right he had that game which he scored that amazing volley in the fa cup but was anonymous in the run of games he has after that is memory serves

Hij
21st January '12, 04:04 AM

If you get fourth it won't matter. We have over spent, but while I say that, I do see improvements in our footie, which makes a change from Hodgson and dare I say it Benitez (although he got us proper results). Everyone laughs at us over our players, and I guess in fairness some have gone a bit pear shaped. But Adam, Henderson, Enrique and Bellamy have been excellent. Carroll while massively over priced, I think will do a job and Downing needs to step up.

Your above us without spending the same amount of money (despite us lowering our wage bill) so it's not all bad. I think Chelsea will take that last Champions League place though, so it will be Arsenal/Liverpool in the Europa next season IMO

So as shit as it sounds I can see at least one of us in the Europa next season, if not both of us. The difference is, I believe both clubs are ready to win a trophy, so its not so much a step down as it is for Man C or Man U, because its a winnable trophy and all trophies happily fill up the cabinet, right? I don't know about Wenger, but I feel with Dalglish, he's willing to win anything that can go in the cabinet, and having seen us win the League Cup a few times I hope we can do it this year as well whether its a "mickey mouse" trophy or not. Tottenham won it recently and now they are winning games with ease.

Man City could still batter us at Anfield in fairness, and so could United - but I would hope we win one of them- football is about trophies as far as I'm concerned and I hope that's how Kenny feels as well. As much as I love the Champions League, I'd rather finish 5th and win one or both of the domestic trophies, than finish 4th and not qualify for the European Cup

Josh
21st January '12, 05:17 AM
If you get fourth it won't matter. We have over spent, but while I say that, I do see improvements in our footie, which makes a change from Hodgson and dare I say it Benitez (although he got us proper results). Everyone laughs at us over our players, and I guess in fairness some have gone a bit pear shaped. But Adam, Henderson, Enrique and Bellamy have been excellent. Carroll while massively over priced, I think will do a job and Downing needs to step up.

Adam has been excellent? You been on the ale tonight Hij? :-D

Hij
21st January '12, 05:22 AM
Adam has been excellent? You been on the ale tonight Hij? :-D

Yes but

He's been good. For 6m he's done aite

In fairness

He can't determine what happens in front of him.

Josh
21st January '12, 05:23 AM
But he can stop those ridiculously speculative passes he tries every two minutes.

Hij
21st January '12, 05:32 AM
But he can stop those ridiculously speculative passes he tries every two minutes.
What happens when he pulls it off and the player can't control it though?

Or what about when he feeds Carroll and Carroll misses the target? What about when Downing puts the ball on a plate and Suarez or Carroll hit the bar? We've hit the bar/post more than any other team (correction I think we are 2nd now, but we were top of that chart for a while), while that means we aren't scoring - it does mean we are getting the ball in the right place, but Adam, like Downing relies on the strikers finishing the chances off.

As far as Adam is concerned, he does his job, he's chipped in with a few goals - admittedly a few Lampard goals (deflections) and he's not world class but he's aite, He does what he was bought to do. Gerrard and Suarez have played together 2 or 3 times for about 30 minutes. When they play together, we'll see something different I'm sure. It's like Van Persie being out and I dunno, who is the player they would miss alongside Van Persie? Considering Wilshire and a few others are already out? But Van Persie is that guy, who feeds him more often? Imagine them both out, that's what we are dealing with right now, our two best players for a year have hardly played together (albeit in training)

Anyway why are we debating Liverpool? Who is replacing Wenger?

zurich
22nd January '12, 08:17 PM
Fuck wenger

chris89
22nd January '12, 08:20 PM
steve kean

Bish
22nd January '12, 08:42 PM
Knowing our board it will be an investment banker or someone who can maximise profits for the business