PDA

View Full Version : Wigan vs Manchester City.

Mr. Jefferies
15th January '12, 01:07 PM
monday 16th january, 20:00 kick-off.

Plak
15th January '12, 02:02 PM
Not sure about this one, on any other day I'd say Wigan will get bossed in this game, but tbh City are on a bad run of form, without the Toure bros and Kompany, but then you have to ask will they fail to score/score less than Wigan?

Matt91
15th January '12, 02:15 PM
Bad run of form lol

BIGDON
16th January '12, 03:01 PM
inshallah the City score in both halves bet comes in

Hij
16th January '12, 04:32 PM
Why is Lex banned?

BIGDON
16th January '12, 04:53 PM
Why is Lex banned?

not sure bro and can Stepper be unbanned

Scrappy123
16th January '12, 04:57 PM
Why is Lex banned?

Pred.

Check the :woah: thread in Random.

Hij
16th January '12, 05:06 PM
Yeah will unban Stepper later on today.

baffed as to why Lex is banned though

quality
16th January '12, 05:14 PM

:woah:

Scrappy123
16th January '12, 05:18 PM
Yeah will unban Stepper later on today.

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?106572-The-woah-gif-has-been-rinsed-differently/page3&p=2670355#post2670355

Hij
16th January '12, 05:21 PM
Not a completely bannable offence tbh but was basically asking for it

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 05:31 PM
Shit odds for the draw considering the price of the wigan win. Wigan held chelsea and city are missing key players so I think they can get something from this.

Plak
16th January '12, 05:41 PM
COME ON WIGWAM.
If they stop City gettin three points that'd be one sick Monday night.

BIGDON
16th January '12, 08:17 PM
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Barry, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko

chris89
16th January '12, 08:50 PM
city's defence is laff

MoneyMan
16th January '12, 08:51 PM
Will dance for rep.

Lost it all on can'tbeatshitteamsathome-apool - AGAIN. :(

Wait, if they're shit, and we can't beat them...

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MAKE US?!?!?

Mr. Jefferies
16th January '12, 09:03 PM

english sopcast stream.

BIGDON
16th January '12, 09:22 PM
1-0 City

Dzeko

Mr. Jefferies
16th January '12, 09:23 PM
great header.

Hutch
16th January '12, 09:27 PM
Cool streaming bros

inshallah City score in the 2nd half and lose 3-2

Mr. Jefferies
16th January '12, 09:30 PM
Cool streaming bros

inshallah City score in the 2nd half and lose 3-2

???

scroll up.

Hutch
16th January '12, 09:34 PM
???

scroll up.

Was saying it as a joke cos I'm watching on sky lulul.

Mr. Jefferies
16th January '12, 09:43 PM
oh. :pinkface:

BIGDON
16th January '12, 10:01 PM
inshallah 1 more City goal

NSF
16th January '12, 10:13 PM
Agueros run into the box then >>>>>

Dzeko gettin in his way <<<<

Hutch
16th January '12, 10:13 PM
Loooool Aguero was just about to score a sick goal and Dzeko took it off him with a Mertesackeresque shot :laugh::laugh:

I'd be so mad if I was Aguero

BIGDON
16th January '12, 10:14 PM
fuck sake 2 great chances then

The Stig
16th January '12, 10:15 PM
Lol at dzeko, some shit player

NSF
16th January '12, 10:15 PM
I dont get how Dzeko only fanny tapped it at Al Habsi though instead of belting it into the net :laugh:

Hutch
16th January '12, 10:25 PM
fuck sake 2 great chances then

City will score again

Wigan now playing for a 1-0 loss, great tactics.

NSF
16th January '12, 10:28 PM
Joe Hart >>>>>>

Glad he's English lol

Mr. Jefferies
16th January '12, 10:31 PM
squeakybumtime now lads.

Hutch
16th January '12, 10:32 PM
The way this commentator calls De Jong 'De Young' really grinds my gears

NSF
16th January '12, 10:33 PM
Can confirm that city will concede

Hutch
16th January '12, 10:38 PM
How was that even a foul he got the ball smh, refs <<<<<<<<<

NSF
16th January '12, 10:38 PM
Nice tackle from de jong tbh, fuck these new laws or whatever

Hutch
16th January '12, 10:46 PM
Looool that handball was jokes

Xtra P
16th January '12, 10:47 PM
:laugh:

NSF
16th January '12, 10:47 PM
That fucking handball wtf

Hutch
16th January '12, 10:53 PM
#FuckCity (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=FuckCity)

Cazorla
16th January '12, 10:54 PM
Figueroa>>>>>> :laugh:

Hij
16th January '12, 10:54 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AjT8chHCEAECqAn.jpg

BIGDON
16th January '12, 10:56 PM
FU no 2nd half goal

NSF
16th January '12, 10:56 PM
Blatant handballs like that should be a red imo whether it's a goal scoring opportunity or not.

The two games this Sunday >>>>

Cazorla
16th January '12, 10:57 PM
I swear he was the last man.

MoneyMan
16th January '12, 10:58 PM
Well i'm bankrupt again lads.

@Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1) do you think you could lend me a sand bag please?

Blatant handballs like that should be a red imo whether it's a goal scoring opportunity or not.

c/s

Should have been a red because Aguero in on goal with only the keeper to beat and no Dzeko to fuck it up = a goal scoring opportunity, if not certain goal.

NSF
16th January '12, 10:58 PM
I swear he was the last man.He was, that's what I mean if he didn't handle it and it bounced over his head Aguero would've been on his way

Hutch
16th January '12, 11:00 PM
I think the funny thing about it was that he could probably have headed it if he tried, there was hardly any pace on the ball.

chris89
16th January '12, 11:03 PM
oh well

Hij
16th January '12, 11:32 PM
I think the funny thing about it was that he could probably have headed it if he tried, there was hardly any pace on the ball.
Shit positioning

Hutch
16th January '12, 11:33 PM
Shit positioning

Yeh it was terrible lol.

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 11:35 PM
Figueroa's should defo have been a red. Gary Caldwell is definitley partnering Gabbidon at the back in my worst premier league 11.

Xtra P
16th January '12, 11:40 PM
Not a direct goal scoring oppurtunity, they'd have to change the rules for that to be a red.

Big 45
16th January '12, 11:41 PM
City were poor to only get 1 past them tonight, Wigan were absolutely shit tbh.

Hij
17th January '12, 12:32 AM
Not a direct goal scoring oppurtunity, they'd have to change the rules for that to be a red.
Perhaps. Figueroeu is moving forwards though and Aguero is anticipating the ball. Without his hand intervening, Aguero is one on one there

Julio Cesar
17th January '12, 12:37 AM
City were poor to only get 1 past them tonight, Wigan were absolutely shit tbh.

Very unfair on Wigan, they played well second half. City got 3 points, doesn't matter if it's 1-0 or 10-0.

UPotato
17th January '12, 12:41 AM

How is it not a goal scoring opportunity?

If Figueroa doesn't handball it then he's not going to catch Aguero who is clear through on goal!

Xtra P
17th January '12, 12:48 AM
Perhaps. Figueroeu is moving forwards though and Aguero is anticipating the ball. Without his hand intervening, Aguero is one on one there

Its the fact that it happened on the half way line, can't be considered a direct goal scoring oppurtunity that far from the goal.

How is it not a goal scoring opportunity?

If Figueroa doesn't handball it then he's not going to catch Aguero who is clear through on goal!

RE: My post to Hijimi

Hij
17th January '12, 01:25 AM
I agree Xtra P but I think the law is shit. Let's face it, that drops over his head and Aguero is one on one with the goalkeeper almost certainly. And that's besides the fact that it is a cynical foul.

Admittedly the Suarez one for instance is definitely a goal scoring opportunity :laugh: but this one is just as much I think. I can't see any of the defence catching Aguero and he knew that, that's why he handled it ;)

Xtra P
17th January '12, 01:30 AM
Not saying I agree with the law but under the current law, it's not a red cause at the end of the day, there was enough pitch for Figueroeu to possibly catch up with him, Aguero still would of had a lot to do.

Hij
17th January '12, 01:38 AM
Agree. But I hate that shit as much as I do rugby tackles.

They need to insert a law that for highly cynical fouls (e.g there is a clear intent and understanding that your committing a foul but you fragrantly don't care) then it should be a red.

If you can make a cynical challenge by clipping his heels - yellow. If you can extend your shoulder and deflect it - yellow.

But if you put your hand up above your head and slap the ball away - red. If he's knocked it past you and you know you can't commit a decent enough challenge and you rugby tackle him - red. The ones above are perhaps a more accepted part of the game, that you "take a yellow" at certain stages - but I believe Terry's antics and this one tonight, go a step further and into the realms of making the game a mockery. At least with the incident tonight, there can be no doubt that he intended to handle that.

I'm also pissed because Aguero is in my fantasy team :laugh:

Xtra P
17th January '12, 01:40 AM
lol introducing more laws will only cause more confusion, the refs have a hard enough time as it is lol.

Hij
17th January '12, 01:45 AM
There really isn't much confusion when someone punches someone in the face, handles a slower moving ball above their head in a deliberate attempt to stop an attack, or when a player rugby tackles a player who is about to go in on goal.

There is no confusion about these incidents. The ref who sent off Terry had the right idea.

What a mockery the game is, if when it gets to 80 minutes, if none of the other defenders have a yellow card yet they can all take turns rugby tackling the opposition, knowing they can "take the yellow" but then just hold back so they don't get a red.

It's a part of our game that is fucking shit.

And I'm not including Cahill's challenge in that, where there is GENUINE doubt it wasn't a [b]deliberate and cynical foul[b] - that's a yellow.

Rambo
17th January '12, 01:46 AM
its called common sense though

MoneyMan
17th January '12, 01:47 AM
lol introducing more laws will only cause more confusion, the refs have a hard enough time as it is lol.

Current laws need to be clarified and thoroughly understood by all parties, not "improved" upon or altered.

Ftr if I was a defender in that circumstance, which I shall now call "the Suarez dilemma" I would do a Luis in a second - take a red for the team? Yeah defo.

Not saying people should cheat their way to success, but imo you have to admire someone willing to break the rules and risk their own personal enjoyment and involvement, maybe even career, by furthering their team's cause. It is a team sport after all.

Hij
17th January '12, 01:51 AM
There is no doubt here at all that the player is deliberately and crassly breaking the rules of the game. If he wants to sacrifice himself and a three match ban, let him do that - but as long as it's just a yellow, he'll always have that option, which is stupid - he needs 5 fucking yellows to get a ban. Yellows are normally just for show.
https://p.twimg.com/AjT8chHCEAECqAn.jpg

Ftr if I was a defender in that circumstance, which I shall now call "the Suarez dilemma" I would do a Luis in a second - take a red for the team? Yeah defo.

I'm not saying that the player shouldn't have the option of breaking the rules, just in my opinion, handballs like the one tonight when they are so blatant should be a red and a three match ban for unsporting behaviour. If he wants to sacrifice himself, fine, but the punishment should be more than a yellow for something as blatant as that.

Infact TBH with him jumping like that @Xtra P (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=621) - and the other defenders 5 yards forwards, I fail to see how it isn't a goal scoring opportunity. Fig would still have to land, turn and accelerate, all Aguero needs to do is accelerate.

Hutch
17th January '12, 01:52 AM
The fact that you can't even win the ball with a strong tackle now without giving away a free kick proves that the rules/refs are beyond a joke.

I blame those damn foreigners.

MoneyMan
17th January '12, 01:57 AM
I'm not saying that the player shouldn't have the option of breaking the rules, just in my opinion, handballs like the one tonight when they are so blatant should be a red and a three match ban for unsporting behaviour. If he wants to sacrifice himself, fine, but the punishment should be more than a yellow for something as blatant as that.

Infact TBH with him jumping like that @Xtra P (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=621) - and the other defenders 5 yards forwards, I fail to see how it isn't a goal scoring opportunity. Fig would still have to land, turn and accelerate, all Aguero needs to do is accelerate.

Yeah I agree, I said earlier it should have been a red, was defo an "opportunity" if not a surefire goal because i'm pretty certain Aguero would have buried it.

c/s Hutch as well - bloody muslims fucked up the premiership time ago :angry:

Xtra P
17th January '12, 02:01 AM

It's not a direct goal scoring opportunity, he's still half a football pitch away from the goal, who knows how fig would have recovered, he might have been able to still catch him plus its easier to cover more ground running without the ball than with it.

If you're going to make that a red, then all blatant handballs should be a red no ?

I can't even begin to count the amount of unsporting behaviour that goes on during the course of a game, will be a lot of reds happening lol

Rambo
17th January '12, 02:02 AM
deliberate handball is a red card offence,

as is a professional foul....

take your pick

Xtra P
17th January '12, 02:03 AM
deliberate handball is a red card offence,

as is a professional foul....

take your pick

Its hardly ever implemented though is it ?

Rambo
17th January '12, 02:04 AM
Its hardly ever implemented though is it ?

of course not, but in case's like this it should be, it was a red card offence

Hutch
17th January '12, 02:04 AM
Yeah I agree, I said earlier it should have been a red, was defo an "opportunity" if not a surefire goal because i'm pretty certain Aguero would have buried it.

c/s Hutch as well - bloody muslims fucked up the premiership time ago :angry:

I know I was joking about the foreigners, but it's actually true that they brought a lot of the diving culture with them to the prem and turned it into a bit of a fairy league like the rest of Europe with their play acting after being tackled.

also I think a yellow was fair, you run slower with the ball at your feet and Figueroa is pretty fast, there was no guarantee that Aguero would have been clear on goal by the time he reached the box.

Xtra P
17th January '12, 02:05 AM
of course not, but in case's like this it should be, it was a red card offence

It should be in all cases then, you can't pick and choose

also I think a yellow was fair, you run slower with the ball at your feet and Figueroa is pretty fast, there was no guarantee that Aguero would have been clear on goal by the time he reached the box.

MoneyMan
17th January '12, 02:06 AM
Certain foreigners defo brought it over yes, Iberians mainly. A lot of African players paradoxically are very strong and physical, yet also dive outragously, in equal measure.

#baffling (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=baffling)

What should a red card be for anyway, strictly dangerous or simply any unsporting behaviour?

Rambo
17th January '12, 02:07 AM
It should be in all cases, why pick and choose ?

nah your right, but blocking somebody off when countering is given a yellow atm, which is fair as i cannot be proven as deliberate, but handballs should definitely be given reds

that wasn't the point i was making anyway, it was that it is in the rules, to there is no requirement to change them

Xtra P
17th January '12, 02:09 AM
nah your right, but blocking somebody off when countering is given a yellow atm, which is fair as i cannot be proven as deliberate, but handballs should definitely be given reds

that wasn't the point i was making anyway, it was that it is in the rules, to there is no requirement to change them

So according to the rules, a deliberate handball is a straight red ?

Not sure why the ref didn't send him of in that case as it was clearly deliberate.

Hutch
17th January '12, 02:14 AM
I thought it was only a red card if it was a deliberate handball and denying a goal scoring opportunity?

A deliberate handball is a free kick/penalty and yellow card (depending on the ref's interpretation of the incident)

Unintentional handball is nothing.

Xtra P
17th January '12, 02:18 AM
Just read the rules.

Deliberate handball is unsporting behaviour

unsporting behaviour = yellow card offence.

Sending-off Offences
A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any
of the following seven offences:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring
opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply
to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent
moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a
free kick or a penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
• receiving a second caution in the same match
A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must
leave the vicinity of the fi eld of play and the technical area.

Rambo
17th January '12, 02:25 AM
double checked, you was right, i guess it is a yellow then, although refs should have powers in instances such as this

I'm out..

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/042011/ride-a-horse.gif

Xtra P
17th January '12, 02:29 AM
lol @ it being the same as the Suarez handball loool

Hij >>>>

Hij
17th January '12, 03:14 AM
lol @ it being the same as the Suarez handball loool

@Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1) >>>>

LOL obviously I was trolling

But in terms of the intent, it is.

Yellow was the correct decision mate. Sorry if I confused anyone, I was just hypothesising about rules change's I'd make based on my time watching football. There's handballs and then there's handballs. And that was a handball :laugh:

quality
18th January '12, 01:18 PM
Just seen the Aguero/Dzeko moment.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: