PDA

View Full Version : Football Myths

Hij
14th January '12, 01:31 PM
A two-footed challenge = definite red card.

Just read the rules, that's not part of it, :laugh:

Matt91
14th January '12, 01:35 PM
Hope u don't moan when Shawcross 2 foots Gerrard and doesn't get sent off

M.O.G.
14th January '12, 01:37 PM
Ahhh, im guessing the forum have been saying 'Glenn Johnson' should have been sent off?

chris89
14th January '12, 01:38 PM
calling a black person negro = not racist if you are from uruguay and are your teams best player

M.O.G.
14th January '12, 01:39 PM
calling a black person negro = not racist if you are from uruguay and are your teams best player

People + Glass Houses =

Jack 1017
14th January '12, 01:49 PM

:woah:

Pirate
14th January '12, 01:57 PM
EazyNah if Kompanys was a red then so should Johnsons, point is neither should have been reds or even fouls imo

M.O.G.
14th January '12, 02:01 PM
EazyNah if Kompanys was a red then so should Johnsons, point is neither should have been reds or even fouls imo

I didnt think Kompanys was a red though tbh, I care not though....the fact he didnt play us against us >>>>>>

Tbh, others getting reds and your player not even getting a yellow >>>>

StrallyMan
14th January '12, 02:09 PM
its what most refs will do though and also what the players are all told will happen

Pirate
14th January '12, 02:10 PM
Cabaye vs Spearing or Shelvey or whoever it was >>>>

M.O.G.
14th January '12, 02:11 PM
Cabaye vs Spearing or Shelvey or whoever it was >>>>

Nah, that was disgusting tho man....props on getting away with it though lol

EA
14th January '12, 02:16 PM

:lol::lol:

14th January '12, 02:38 PM
i remember my bredrin telling me that rvp doesn't have a right foot :laugh::dozey:

:laugh::laugh:

People + Glass Houses =
who cares?!

http://t.qkme.me/35owdj.jpg

M.O.G.
14th January '12, 02:39 PM
Not even gonna argue it....

Jack 1017
14th January '12, 03:07 PM
There is nothing to argue about

Hij
14th January '12, 03:17 PM
Some of your are proper cunts. Can I not start a thread about anything without you cunts bringing Suarez into it? Next time I'll be handing out some 8 match bans myself, seeing as at least this is my Kangaroo Court and I can make up the rules as I go along here. Not only that, but the joke is about 5 months old.

Lex Not only did I read about it recently, but it was on Football Focus this morning. It's a myth perpetuated by the media and by Sky Sports irrespective of Shawcross making a challenge today or not. We could have all added other myths - but obviously that's well above peoples form of communication.

StrallyMan - What you said is utter bollocks. It's not what the referees are told to do. Going in two footed increases the chances of a sanction - but does not automatically mean you will be red carded.

Jack 1017
14th January '12, 03:17 PM
Hij grow a pair lad it justa bita banta ffs

Hij
14th January '12, 03:19 PM
Nah it's not, and if you weren't all sucking each other off, you'd agree that the joke has been and gone since at least November.

14th January '12, 03:20 PM
Hij who you calling a cunt?!

chris89
14th January '12, 03:23 PM
but this was a thread designed to indirectly defend a Liverpool player, it just happened to remind me of another famous incident of you defending a different Liverpool player.

Hij

Hij
14th January '12, 03:25 PM
Give yourself a pat on the back mate

You could have posted up something else tbh. Whatever though.

DTR
14th January '12, 03:26 PM
i remember my bredrin telling me that rvp doesn't have a right foot :laugh::dozey:

Show him this post.

uuoJE_VAMI0
zZwbMleSqUk
lfnXLxJRrhc
kJtmoNX7AnI
LfI4RkZtxF0
-24vNeamaTk

Matt91
14th January '12, 03:31 PM
Show him this post.

uuoJE_VAMI0
zZwbMleSqUk
lfnXLxJRrhc
kJtmoNX7AnI
LfI4RkZtxF0
-24vNeamaTk

or this one

xmy-grHyIG8

:woah:

DTR
14th January '12, 03:33 PM
EDIT*

chris89
14th January '12, 03:37 PM
The videos DTR posted>>>>>>>

StrallyMan
14th January '12, 04:50 PM
:lfchij: << is that u? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hij
14th January '12, 04:51 PM
Well did you read the jumper?

Mr. Jefferies
14th January '12, 04:52 PM
the world cup is the best football competition in the world.

Hij
14th January '12, 04:57 PM
the world cup is the best football competition in the world.:laugh:

Sosa
14th January '12, 05:02 PM
Hij why you so mad itt bro? just a bit of banter

DTR
14th January '12, 05:02 PM
W.U.M?

Julio Cesar
14th January '12, 05:09 PM
Left footed players are one footed (a lot of pundits/commentators say this), surely what foot you are doesnt have any difference on how good you are with your weaker foot?

W.U.M?

Nah I agree, I prefer the CL to the World Cup.

Sosa
14th January '12, 05:19 PM
Left footed players are one footed (a lot of pundits/commentators say this), surely what foot you are doesnt have any difference on how good you are with your weaker foot?

Nah I agree, I prefer the CL to the World Cup.

all the left footers i have known personally and played with have had a tremendous left and an atrocious right

The Messiah
14th January '12, 05:48 PM
Tackle from behind = red card

xxiolosUyAg

Jimmy Conway
14th January '12, 05:53 PM

Which isn't saying much anyway.

The Messiah
14th January '12, 05:56 PM

Co-sign.

Pirate
15th January '12, 11:14 AM
any black striker with a bit of physical presence is the next drogba

Brisboy84
15th January '12, 04:29 PM
Not being from the same city as your team means you aren't a real fan. i.e. Man Utd fans from London not being real fans.

Cazorla
15th January '12, 04:33 PM
A cold Monday night in Stoke is the hardest fixture possible and a footballer is not world class until he's produced the goods in said fixture.

chris89
15th January '12, 04:37 PM
Not being from the same city as your team means you aren't a real fan. i.e. Man Utd fans from London not being real fans.

this isn't a myth

Brisboy84
15th January '12, 04:39 PM
this isn't a myth

:dozey:

Cazorla
15th January '12, 04:46 PM
You shouldn't support a club if you're not from that City tbh, unless it's a family thing (your dad supports them). Don't understand why people would want to support a team when they can barely if ever reach a game.

Mr. Jefferies
15th January '12, 04:53 PM
You shouldn't support a club if you're not from that City tbh, unless it's a family thing (your dad supports them). Don't understand why people would want to support a team when they can barely if ever reach a game.

this has been discussed before, some people agree and some don't, but of those that agree, some are arsenal fans from london and nobody ever has a good reply to the point that london is a big city, fucking massive actually, something like 8 times the size of birmingham (next biggest city) with a shitload of professional football teams so why do so many people not from north london support arsenal?

Pirate
15th January '12, 05:34 PM
should either support the family club or your local club tbh

so if you're from south-east london, you should be a millwall/charlton fan not an arsenal one really lulul

Danielson
15th January '12, 05:46 PM

so if you're from south-east london, you should be a millwall/charlton fan not an arsenal one really lulul

co-sign.

inb4ArsenalWasOnceInWoolwich

Switch
15th January '12, 07:27 PM
arsene wenger knows what he's doing

MoneyMan
15th January '12, 07:34 PM
A cold Monday night in Stoke is the hardest fixture possible and a footballer is not world class until he's produced the goods in said fixture.

Bullshit.

It's a wednesday!

UPotato
15th January '12, 09:41 PM
I remember when people used to say Messi/Barcelona would struggle with stoke on a tuesday night in December, and that's why they wouldn't win the Premiership, lol that always made me laugh.

loool the "my dad supports x team who play 500 miles from where he lives so im not a glory supporteer and that's why i support them" argument is so annoying as well lol

16th January '12, 11:18 AM
I don't think you can tell people they shouldn't be supporting their team, not being from there isn't some rule written in stone

just cause a team is local doesn't mean you have to care how they do

quality
16th January '12, 11:35 AM
A team can be too good to go down.

There's no one better than Michael Owen to bring on when you need a goal (safe BBC pundits).

M.O.G.
16th January '12, 11:36 AM
I don't think you can tell people they shouldn't be supporting their team, not being from there isn't some rule written in stone

just cause a team is local doesn't mean you have to care how they do

I honestly find that such a ridiculous argument, although not quite the same really it's like saying 'we cant buy Lil Wayne cds, as he's not from our country, so we cant support him'.

Anyway, ftr my dads a scouser, my uncles are scousers, I was taken to games regularly as a young kid hence my affiliation to the reds.
I also follow Leyton Orient as well although wouldnt call myself a supporter, just have that soft spot for them.

Villain_94
16th January '12, 12:43 PM
i'm not from manchester but support united because i'm a proud glory hunter

Xtra P
16th January '12, 12:55 PM
C. Ronaldo is an excellent dribbler.

UPotato
16th January '12, 05:25 PM

I honestly find that such a ridiculous argument, although not quite the same really it's like saying 'we cant buy Lil Wayne cds, as he's not from our country, so we cant support him'.

this isn't a cliche really but still this is funny/fucking stupid lol

16th January '12, 05:31 PM
there aint much logic behind supporting a team at all tbh

Hij
16th January '12, 05:44 PM
As much as I've love to just suddenly change and support Arsenal and get to go to the games with all my mates, I can't because I support Liverpool, I just couldn't do it. Once you have your team, you have them, even if we go down and shit.

Mr. Jefferies
16th January '12, 05:49 PM
I remember when people used to say Messi/Barcelona would struggle with stoke on a tuesday night in December, and that's why they wouldn't win the Premiership, lol that always made me laugh.

i knew a stoke fan once who was telling me that messi would do fuck all at the brit because ronaldo did. it was fucking awkward to listen to, hearing him say how shawcross would bully him because he did the same to ronaldo lol. messi would score for fun in the premier league just like he does in spain.

quality
16th January '12, 05:51 PM
Fuck Stoke and their fucking terrible fans, players and manager. Would gladly see them replaced with any other team, even West Ham or Millwall.

BIGDON
16th January '12, 05:53 PM
As much as I've love to just suddenly change and support Arsenal and get to go to the games with all my mates, I can't because I support Liverpool, I just couldn't do it. Once you have your team, you have them, even if we go down and shit.

. its easy on here for most fans though with clubs that will never go down lol

UPotato
16th January '12, 06:04 PM
lol i switched from arsenal to oxford when i was 15/16, got a lot of stick from some of my mates for it, but it just seems weird now that i didn't always support oxford, but as soon as i started going regularly i just stopped giving a shit about arsenal, now normally i deny ever supporting arsenal to anoyone who asks, i'm like a reveerse glory hunter lol

lol off topic but meh lol

winding people who support big clubs up>>>>>>.

Josh
16th January '12, 06:15 PM

it's not the same though (imo) i spent whole days out in other towns/cities following my club whereas someone would just sit back and put a lil wayne cd on and that's about it. i think the emotional investment is the difference between that comparison.

it used to annoy me when people didn't support their local/family-inherited team but i'm not bothered now. i don't like glory fans though.

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 06:21 PM
it's not the same though (imo) i spent whole days out in other towns/cities following my club whereas someone would just sit back and put a lil wayne cd on and that's about it. i think the emotional investment is the difference between that comparison.

it used to annoy me when people didn't support their local/family-inherited team but i'm not bothered now. i don't like glory fans though.

UPotato
16th January '12, 06:22 PM
Off topic again but Josh, why the fuck didn't your fucking manager offer deane smalley more wages ffs? he's been shocking for us, would rather have 10 men

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 06:25 PM
UPotato how has constable been playing this season? I remember him always tearing it up on football manager when I was in the conference with hayes and yeading :sad: Is he any good irl?

Josh
16th January '12, 06:25 PM
Off topic again but Josh, why the fuck didn't your fucking manager offer deane smalley more wages ffs? he's been shocking for us, would rather have 10 men

haha it's funny cos there's a couple of people on our forum who swear he would be doing well for us but if he can't cut it in L2 then I doubt he would do.

anyway i'll probably see you lot again next season assuming you don't get promoted

UPotato
16th January '12, 06:30 PM
UPotato how has constable been playing this season? I remember him always tearing it up on football manager when I was in the conference with hayes and yeading :sad: Is he any good irl?
He's struggled this season, he scored both goals vs the scum, but other than that he's really struggled, got 9 goals, but being the main man in a front 3 that's not enough imo, talent wise he's poor, always has been, no first touch, offside far to much, but he never stops running, defends from the front and he's a natural goalscorer, I wouldn't mind selling him as long as it was a decent fee (200k+)

haha it's funny cos there's a couple of people on our forum who swear he would be doing well for us but if he can't cut it in L2 then I doubt he would do.

anyway i'll probably see you lot again next season assuming you don't get promoted

The way we're going at the moment I don't there's much chance of us going up, concede to many late goals and struggle with anyone who parks the bus.

Do you think you've got a chance of staying up?

Josh
16th January '12, 06:32 PM
The way we're going at the moment I don't there's much chance of us going up, concede to many late goals and struggle with anyone who parks the bus.

Do you think you've got a chance of staying up?

No chance mate, we're down as far as I'm concerned. We've had so many games against poor teams and lost/drew e.g. walsall 1-1 at home, yeovil 2-2 at home, exeter 0-2 at home, i could go on :( ah well i missed standing on accrington's terrace on a winters day freezing my nads off

BIGDON
16th January '12, 06:56 PM
lol i switched from arsenal to oxford when i was 15/16, got a lot of stick from some of my mates for it, but it just seems weird now that i didn't always support oxford, but as soon as i started going regularly i just stopped giving a shit about arsenal, now normally i deny ever supporting arsenal to anoyone who asks, i'm like a reveerse glory hunter lol

i get u in my year at School there must of been about 10 West Ham fans only no lie and u can feel left out of football discussions talking about bigger clubs when u get replys like what do u know u support a shit team anyway

even on here the Championship and lower league threads hardly get any attention

big up Josh JamieQpr the best fans on here tbh

M.O.G.
16th January '12, 07:26 PM

You cant really comment then tbh, that's fucking hypocritical whichever way you wanna dress it up.

I to have spent numerous days in other cities, namely Liverpool, and I hear what you're saying but there is no firm rule that states you MUST support so and so club because you are from there.

Sosa
16th January '12, 07:33 PM
Is this sort of glory hunting prevalent in other countries or just limited to the UK?

Will anybody here actually know?

M.O.G.
16th January '12, 07:35 PM
Is this sort of glory hunting prevalent in other countries or just limited to the UK?

Will anybody here actually know?

Ask Man U fans, most of them are Korean

Danielson
16th January '12, 07:40 PM
Fuck Stoke and their fucking terrible fans, players and manager. Would gladly see them replaced with any other team, even West Ham or Millwall.

oh lard, never ever.

EA
16th January '12, 07:43 PM
English clubs on a whole have good academy systems.

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 07:44 PM

At least West Ham and Millwall is a close away day, Stoke is a fucking effort and its full of inbreds (even though the majority of millwall fans are aswell)

M.O.G.
16th January '12, 07:47 PM
Stoke arent a football team as far as im concerned, I hate when clubs turn up and just park the proverbial bus.

BIGDON
16th January '12, 07:50 PM
Millwall soon to be in League 1 >>>

can confirm talks are already taking place on West Ham forums about flying a banner over there stadium for the last game like they did for us

quality
16th January '12, 07:52 PM
Stoke arent a football team as far as im concerned, I hate when clubs turn up and just park the proverbial bus.

They don't even play interesting direct football, like Villa used to do occasionally under O'Neill. Every last drop of creativity is squeezed out of those players, the only player I don't mind is Etherington.

Mr. Jefferies
16th January '12, 08:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o34Rcfe7oEg#t=28s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLQr1FCgzA

:pinkface:

16th January '12, 08:05 PM
lulu

stoke's manager is a don, he's got his team competing even if their style is rugby like lol.

shut up fatty!!

quality
16th January '12, 08:06 PM
He's spent loads of money, of course they're competing. Look at Norwich and Swansea for good management.

Pirate
16th January '12, 09:01 PM
If you support a lower league or non-top 4 Premier League team, you cannot criticise any top 4 teams or their players "because they would walk into your team."

Me a few seasons ago: Lucas/Anderson/whoever is shit.
Armchair United/Pool fan: They'd walk into your team doe, youz iz in tChampionship LOL!!1!
Me: Am I being trolled?

Julio Cesar
16th January '12, 09:04 PM
If you support a lower league or non-top 4 Premier League team, you cannot criticise any top 4 teams or their players "because they would walk into your team."

Armchair United/Pool fan: They'd walk into your team doe, youz iz in tChampionship LOL!!1!

I get this a lot. I said to my mate last season that Bendtner is shit, his only possible comeback was 'he'd get in your team though!!!!' :dozey:

UPotato
16th January '12, 09:06 PM
You cant really comment then tbh, that's fucking hypocritical whichever way you wanna dress it up.

i dont comment lol, other than banter with my mates and occasionaly obvious trolling on here i don't really care if someone supports a non local team, i do fucking hate the stupid excuses though

Pirate
16th January '12, 09:09 PM
I get this a lot. I said to my mate last season that Bendtner is shit, his only possible comeback was 'he'd get in your team though!!!!' :dozey:

exactly. hate fans like this lol, as if supporting someone lower makes a player any less shit

Parrr
16th January '12, 10:45 PM
A two-footed challenge = definite red card.

Just read the rules, that's not part of it, :laugh:

swear to god if your bodies off the floor studs are showing and its both feet thats been a red card offence from day..

Scrappy123
16th January '12, 11:19 PM
You can not par a top 4 club because "Fulham are shit though".

quality
27th January '12, 01:59 PM
Harry Redknapp bankrupts clubs, and will therefore bankrupt Spurs.

Bournmouth bankrupt years after he left.
West Ham bankrupted by Icelandic banking crisis (and paying Lucas Neill ridiculous money)
As far as everyone (press, even the FA) were concerned, Portsmouth were bought by the next Ambramovich. So of course Redknapp wants to buy players, Peter Storrie negotiated their contracts though.
Daniel Levy controls the purse strings at Spurs.

I by no means think he's a top, top manager [hold tight Jamie Redknapp]. But its interesting as someone who watches Spurs the criticism that he gets is often ill-informed - club finances (he doesn't control them...), tactics (the way he switched us to three at the back vs. Stoke in the second half, we should have got a point) - and the praise he gets is often a bit wrong - man management (Darren Bent, Pav etc etc) and getting teams fired up (we often start lined-up completely incorrectly, he then switches it).

I feel a bit like Hij posting that (no send mate), but I caught a bit of the Tuesday Club where they were talking about this. The argument is basically incorrect.

Xtra P
27th January '12, 02:11 PM
quality mentally preparing for Harry's inevitable departure lol

I think spurs will go downhill once harry leaves unless you get a skengman manager.

M.O.G.
27th January '12, 02:18 PM
You can not par a top 4 club because "Fulham are shit though".

This isnt a myth, just fact (inb4webeatyou)

Tony Starks
27th January '12, 02:18 PM
Spurs have a good side, probably the second best squad in the league, they're financially stable and the squad isn't too old. They'll be fine when/if Harry leaves

Xtra P
27th January '12, 02:19 PM
Spurs have a good side, probably the second best squad in the league, they're financially stable and the squad isn't too old. They'll be fine when/if Harry leaves

Quoted.

M.O.G.
27th January '12, 02:23 PM

Has your opinion on Lucas now changed?

quality
27th January '12, 02:45 PM
quality mentally preparing for Harry's inevitable departure lol

I think spurs will go downhill once harry leaves unless you get a skengman manager.

I've said in another thread the next manager choice is crucial. I would hope Levy learnt from Ramos - can't just go for a flavour of the month. Need someone (of whatever nationality) who can speak English, no fucking around there. I assume he's already preparing for Harry's exit one way or another, Levy isn't a mug.

It's weird, because there's Spurs fans who really hate Harry because he doesn't play Pav and Krancjar (lol). He's sort of like Lampard about 5 years ago in a way, so over-rated by some people that he then becomes under-rated by others if that makes sense.

He's done a bang up job no doubt, the only thing that's ever annoyed me is his reaction to shit home/draws defeats against Wigan etc - "do the fans think we should be winning the league or something? We had two points when I got here" etc etc.

Hij
27th January '12, 03:17 PM

This is the same in terms of criticising a transfer policy or match decision of a club like Manchester United, and then the retort is "well we're above Liverpool/our transfer policy is better than Liverpools" - like say I made the choice myself and that makes whatever I was commenting on unjustified, because my club did similar/worse

I'm gonna pop my head from under the parapit and say that Spurs squad is better than Man U's, but Fergie just gets that 20-30% extra out of players somehow the drunken scottish cunt

I feel a bit like @Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1) posting that (no send mate), but I caught a bit of the Tuesday Club where they were talking about this. The argument is basically incorrect.

If posting like me, is a back handed way of saying you go beyond statements of fact and look into them yourself and find the real and true answers, I'll take it as a compliment. I am quite biased, but away from that I also hate the mantra's that come out from certain people - because it's like talking to the Daily Mirror or the Daily Star.

swear to god if your bodies off the floor studs are showing and its both feet thats been a red card offence from day..

No, it's a commentary thing. There are other things like that, where it is mentioned so much on commentary and subsequently in newspapers, it becomes 'fact' in it's own right. You are perfectly entitled to slide in with two feet in certain circumstances - so as long as it is not interpreted as dangerous. There is a case for saying that most 2 footed tackles would fall under the dangerous category in fairness- but the words "two footed" appear no where in the rules- yet, as soon as any challenge becomes '2 footed' - the lads on commentary start banging on about "immediate" red.

As a media student it is quite interesting to me anyway.

Mazer Rackham
27th January '12, 03:33 PM
This isnt a myth, just fact (inb4webeatyou)

....we beat you

M.O.G.
27th January '12, 03:38 PM
....we beat you

Lol

Scrappy123
27th January '12, 11:42 PM
Has your opinion on Lucas now changed?

I dunno who this is, but chances are you support a top 6 club.

chances are no you haven't & wont ;)

Bish
28th January '12, 03:13 AM
I've said in another thread the next manager choice is crucial. I would hope Levy learnt from Ramos - can't just go for a flavour of the month. Need someone (of whatever nationality) who can speak English, no fucking around there. I assume he's already preparing for Harry's exit one way or another, Levy isn't a mug.

It's weird, because there's Spurs fans who really hate Harry because he doesn't play Pav and Krancjar (lol). He's sort of like Lampard about 5 years ago in a way, so over-rated by some people that he then becomes under-rated by others if that makes sense.

He's done a bang up job no doubt, the only thing that's ever annoyed me is his reaction to shit home/draws defeats against Wigan etc - "do the fans think we should be winning the league or something? We had two points when I got here" etc etc.

can i hope ur not part of the 5-1 "it was worth the wait" group? if u r my whole belief system it out the window

Hij
28th January '12, 05:59 AM
can i hope ur not part of the 5-1 "it was worth the wait" group? if u r my whole belief system it out the window

belielf system?

I dunno who this is, but chances are you support a top 6 club.
chances are no you haven't & wont ;)

suck your mum we are going to wembley

:laugh:

honestly

lucas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any cunt fulham player

suck yourself

good night

liverpool

lucas >>>>

benitez >>>>>

someone shoot hodgson in the face.

fulham <<<<<<<<<<<<< any other team

Scrappy123
28th January '12, 01:37 PM
Hij's hate for Fulham>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:laugh::laugh:

Stay mad bro ;)