PDA

View Full Version : Man City vs Liverpool Betting Thread - Wednesday 7:45pm (Carling Cup First Leg)

Hij
9th January '12, 11:04 PM
Here we go.

MoneyMan
9th January '12, 11:10 PM
LFC are looking fucked for this, Stevie's fit but no Suarez and everyone else is shit.

10-0 City.

Hij
9th January '12, 11:17 PM
LFC are looking fucked for this, Stevie's fit but no Suarez and everyone else is shit.

10-0 City.:angry::sad:

Julio Cesar
9th January '12, 11:19 PM
Hij can you include Man city win and Palace draw please

Hij
9th January '12, 11:28 PM
@Hij (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=1) can you include Man city win and Palace draw please

MyLord
10th January '12, 02:25 PM
Why has KK not brought another striker?

Lineups?

M.O.G.
10th January '12, 03:31 PM
No Kompany, Silva, Balotelli and Milner im hearing for city

Hij
10th January '12, 04:16 PM
Why has KK not brought another striker?

Lineups?

Still 20 days to go of the window?

El Asesino
10th January '12, 04:17 PM
Will go all in on the redmen tommorow. Might back us to score in each half instead @4/1. not sure though...

MyLord
10th January '12, 04:21 PM
Still 20 days to go of the window?

True. What you think of us being linked with Bent?

Hij
10th January '12, 04:34 PM
Kompany out for both legs

True. What you think of us being linked with Bent?

Well, with us being in for Bent, Hoilett and Sinclair I heard that Suarez has slapped in a transfer request

M.O.G.
10th January '12, 04:37 PM
Kompany out for both legs

Well, with us being in for Bent, Hoilett and Sinclair I heard that Suarez has slapped in a transfer request

That coupled with the rumours Mourinho is looking to spend 30 mill on him and the recent goings on doesnt feel me with hope

quality
10th January '12, 04:38 PM

Would take Hoilett tomorrow tbh.

Hij
10th January '12, 04:39 PM
Apparently your after him as well mate

El Asesino
10th January '12, 04:41 PM
Lol, I rate Hoilett from the little I've seen of him. I really want Adam Johnson from City, think he's perfect for what we are trying to build. Hij, I'll be dissapointed if you don't tip the forum off about LFC signings at least a day before it happens. I know you've got affiliates. I seen that we were in for Martinez from Juagures, but I read a thing from someone based in Mexico saying he's a good squad player at best.

I think the best signings will be made from Madrid/Barca/City's fringe (no chris89) players. Seen a while back we were in for Granero, can confirm he's a skengman on FM 2012.

MyLord
10th January '12, 04:45 PM

:stunned:if true then this will be a terrible season for us

That coupled with the rumours Mourinho is looking to spend 30 mill on him and the recent goings on doesnt feel me with hope

:dead:

El Asesino
10th January '12, 04:46 PM
Hij was joking lol, smh at you lot

Hij
10th January '12, 04:47 PM
Of course it's not true. I've taken a lot of time out to mull it over and tbh I just think Evra is a race card playing gobshite. He knew exactly what he was doing, despite never having a problem when Hernandez, Fabio and Rafael use that term- although on the flipside - using the FA rules - Suarez is guilty of the offence, despite it probably being rife on the field for a while now.

We are apparently in for Bent, Hoilett and Sincliar though - wouldn't mind any of them either, all sick players.

quality
10th January '12, 04:49 PM
Apparently your after him as well mate

Harry has been talking about Ba a lot as well, although he doesn't talk about other managers players. He'd be a good signing, but its Spurs luck that his knee would go in the debut.

Hij
10th January '12, 04:50 PM
Is the release clause true?

although he doesn't talk about other managers players
:laugh:

El Asesino
10th January '12, 04:55 PM
Demba Ba would be a terrible signing for anybody, r/s. Especially if the 10 Million release clause turns out not to be true.

quality
10th January '12, 05:08 PM
Is the release clause true?

Maybe - he's a smart boy, he put that release in his West Ham contract.

Demba Ba would be a terrible signing for anybody, r/s. Especially if the 10 Million release clause turns out not to be true.

Yeah imagine signing a striker from Newcastle who can actually score goals. Nightmare.

Villain_94
10th January '12, 05:13 PM

:laugh::dozey:

ba would be a good signing for any top 6 club in europe tbh

MoneyMan
10th January '12, 06:58 PM
Hij this bet ends tonight mate, change it to tomorrow if you can?

Hij
10th January '12, 07:14 PM
Accumulator odds need to be fixed/edited

El Asesino
10th January '12, 07:29 PM
If there isn't a release clause Ba will be way, way, over-priced and still injury prone as ever. Players go through red hot form, his wont last for long. Remeber Amr Zaki at the start of 08 season? Everybody was screaming his name saying he'd be a great signing for anybody Europe. Where is he now?

Football's a funny game, in two years Ba could be playing for a second division french side that's just how it is.

Hij
10th January '12, 08:47 PM
Zaki is a good shout.

Plak
10th January '12, 10:02 PM
If there isn't a release clause Ba will be way, way, over-priced and still injury prone as ever. Players go through red hot form, his wont last for long. Remeber Amr Zaki at the start of 08 season? Everybody was screaming his name saying he'd be a great signing for anybody Europe. Where is he now?

Football's a funny game, in two years Ba could be playing for a second division french side that's just how it is.
Air.
Ba has been good for seasons now. Zaki and Carroll were one season wonders, Ba is way better than both.

Jack 1017
11th January '12, 12:43 PM
Of course it's not true. I've taken a lot of time out to mull it over and tbh I just think Evra is a race card playing gobshite. He knew exactly what he was doing, despite never having a problem when Hernandez, Fabio and Rafael use that term- although on the flipside - using the FA rules - Suarez is guilty of the offence, despite it probably being rife on the field for a while now.

We are apparently in for Bent, Hoilett and Sincliar though - wouldn't mind any of them either, all sick players.

lol

El Asesino
11th January '12, 01:05 PM
Air.
Ba has been good for seasons now. Zaki and Carroll were one season wonders, Ba is way better than both.

Time will tell mate.

Also Hij, please can betting be re-opened till tonight?

BIGLEE
11th January '12, 01:25 PM
Odds are poor lol

El Asesino
11th January '12, 01:38 PM
Liverpool are gunna win, I'm in gassed mode for this already betting needs to be re-opened asap

"ohhhh it's andy caroll with a superb strike to round off his hat trick!!!!"

wud
11th January '12, 02:00 PM
Air.

Carroll is not a one-season wonder, he got forced out of a club he loves because of a stupid amount of money. At Newcastle we played to his game and he scored for fun, he gets absolutely none of that service at Liverpool and will never ever be as prolific. Plus he hates Liverpool, look at his movement and facial expressions; I hated him after he left but I'd take him back anyday now.

M.O.G.
11th January '12, 02:02 PM
Carroll is not a one-season wonder, he got forced out of a club he loves because of a stupid amount of money. At Newcastle we played to his game and he scored for fun, he gets absolutely none of that service at Liverpool and will never ever be as prolific. Plus he hates Liverpool, look at his movement and facial expressions; I hated him after he left but I'd take him back anyday now.

Would you take him back for Ba to us in return?

chris89
11th January '12, 02:05 PM
Newcastle should buy carroll and keep Ba tbh

El Asesino
11th January '12, 02:09 PM
I have faith in caroll he's looking better with every game

chris89
11th January '12, 02:12 PM
Time will tell mate.

Also Hij, please can betting be re-opened till tonight?

El Asesino
11th January '12, 03:07 PM
:angry:

wud
11th January '12, 03:17 PM
Would you take him back for Ba to us in return?

Tough one, Ba's a ticking timebomb for a knee injury, but its a question of whether or not Carroll could pick up form quickly.

Straight swap for Tiote though, he'd make a great replacement for Lucas tbh. Think all geordies have resigned to the fact we're going to lose him, looking at some of his performances i think he knows he's going

Plak
11th January '12, 04:18 PM
Tough one, Ba's a ticking timebomb for a knee injury, but its a question of whether or not Carroll could pick up form quickly.

Straight swap for Tiote though, he'd make a great replacement for Lucas tbh. Think all geordies have resigned to the fact we're going to lose him, looking at some of his performances i think he knows he's going
Had heard quite a few pundits and experts say for this reason Ba was a gamble even for free, was wondering what the situation is? Is it cartilage? Obviously bein a Spurs fan and us bein linked to Ba, I'd love him to come Spurs as I think he'd fit in perfectly, but if he's got a Ledley style injury he'll end up retiring by 29.

quality
11th January '12, 04:28 PM
Had heard quite a few pundits and experts say for this reason Ba was a gamble even for free, was wondering what the situation is? Is it cartilage? Obviously bein a Spurs fan and us bein linked to Ba, I'd love him to come Spurs as I think he'd fit in perfectly, but if he's got a Ledley style injury he'll end up retiring by 29.

Something like he was getting a knee op, the guy who was doing it fucked up, and now he has a degenerative knee problem.

He trains though, so he's not quite Ledley King. But knowing Spurs, he would join for about 16m and it would go almost straight away.

Hij
11th January '12, 04:29 PM
Betting opened lads.

Something like he was getting a knee op, the guy who was doing it fucked up, and now he has a degenerative knee problem.

He trains though, so he's not quite Ledley King. But knowing Spurs, he would join for about 16m and it would go almost straight away.

All part of @The Messiah (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=587) master plan :laugh: He's planned an attack on Spurs from early.

wud
11th January '12, 04:41 PM
He broke his leg pretty badly, the surgeon fucked up the removal of a metal nail (that supported his tibia) and caught a pocket of nerves in his knee. He had surgery after that to tidy up the mess the other surgeon left, and when he plays he does get moments of pain but plays through it.

If he gets a bad challenge / high one into his knee I could see his career being ended where other fitter players would recover.

quality
11th January '12, 04:42 PM
:laugh: He's planned an attack on Spurs from early.

Whoever is looking after Diaby's rehab must be a Spurs fan then :laugh:

Hij
11th January '12, 04:47 PM
5000 on the City win returns 10,000 total
1681 on Carroll goal returns 8,405 total
1000 on Henderson goal returns 16,000 total

Don't really expect Henderson or Carroll to score but even though they haven't done well still think the odds are a little high and they might get a lucky bounce :laugh:

Whoever is looking after Diaby's rehab must be a Spurs fan then :laugh:
North London espionage is peak :laugh:

Big 45
11th January '12, 06:34 PM
:popcorn:

Hij
11th January '12, 06:36 PM
Finding it hard to work thinking about this match as well :laugh:

Pirate
11th January '12, 06:36 PM
Demba Ba = Jonathan Woodgate MkII tbh, second we sell him, year long injury

I don't really want Carroll back but really why would Ba join Liverpool when he could join a Champions League team? And also KKKenny won't sign a black man lul

MyLord
11th January '12, 07:29 PM
Demba Ba = Jonathan Woodgate MkII tbh, second we sell him, year long injury

I don't really want Carroll back but really why would Ba join Liverpool when he could join a Champions League team? And also KKKenny won't sign a black man lul

:dead: Call me crazy but I do not want BA at LFC tbh. Would sell Carroll tho:-D

:laugh:He's not that good. Kenny has brought couple black players while at LFC but they're all youngers:dead:

11th January '12, 07:32 PM
dropped a bag on a city win

inshallah gerrard gets injured / nasri will play shit again lol

Pirate
11th January '12, 07:33 PM
:dead: Call me crazy but I do not want BA at LFC tbh. Would sell Carroll tho:-D

:laugh:He's not that good. Kenny has brought couple black players while at LFC but they're all youngers:dead:

15 goals in 15 games says he could at least get into a 4th place team or a top foreign team lol

Hij
11th January '12, 07:41 PM
And also KKKenny won't sign a black man lul

Despite the fact that we are trying to sign Sinclair, Bent and Hoilett two of which are black and one of which is mixed race.

The jokes dead already.

Kenny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MyLord
11th January '12, 07:47 PM
15 goals in 15 games says he could at least get into a 4th place team or a top foreign team lol

Yh true but I don't think he will have that same magic at a top club.

Despite the fact that we are trying to sign Sinclair, Bent and Hoilett two of which are black and one of which is mixed race.

The jokes dead already.

*crosses fingers*

Julio Cesar
11th January '12, 07:53 PM

*crosses fingers*
Really?

11th January '12, 08:04 PM

The jokes dead already.

lol

sinclair isn't going anywhere, bent will cost 30 mil (lulu) and if hoilett moves it won't be to your team

lol umad.jpeg

Hij
Well based on reports from lads who normally have inside information then yes as far as I am aware although I cannot be 100% certain.

lol

sinclair isn't going anywhere, bent will cost 30 mil (lulu) and if hoilett moves it won't be to your team

lol umad.jpeg

fuckyou.jpeg

Julio Cesar
Well based on reports from lads who normally have inside information then yes as far as I am aware although I cannot be 100% certain.
No that was at MyLord, n/s but you have enough average players. Why add more?

El Asesino
11th January '12, 08:11 PM
only person to bet on liverpool win

:woah:

MoneyMan
11th January '12, 08:21 PM
I'm going for a lively draw. My TV has gone all red Hij maybe it's a sign bro.

11th January '12, 08:21 PM

fuckyou.jpeg
http://t.qkme.me/35owdj.jpg

MyLord
11th January '12, 08:22 PM
Really?

Decent winger. Or am I wrong?

NSF
11th January '12, 08:28 PM
Silva's not playing, injured apparently. But Balotelli's back according to the BBC site. This game could go either way tbh, im steering clear of this shit.

Pirate
11th January '12, 08:33 PM
KKKenny hasn't been ODT since he left Blackburn fo' real

teninj
11th January '12, 08:33 PM
fcghfdhtdb hht:laugh::laugh::laugh:

paying 4 mans petrol u kno

Xtra P
11th January '12, 08:36 PM
Got a feeling Liverpool will take it.

teninj
11th January '12, 08:39 PM
mankini is becoming a smug bastard i wana punch in the face

NSF
11th January '12, 08:52 PM
Why do the commentators sound like they are in a toilet? Can hardly hear a fucking word they are saying.

Hij
11th January '12, 08:54 PM
Damn Carroll just cost me 4,000 online fake monies :(

Did well to outmuscle the defender though there Carroll could do with more of that just needs a bit more conviction on his shots, thunder it in don't place it

Pirate
11th January '12, 08:55 PM
cant remember what i bet on... whats the link to check lol?

Hij
11th January '12, 08:57 PM
Great shot, great save

Fucking hell

kilik
11th January '12, 08:58 PM
hart is too much. best english keeper since seaman

Hij
11th January '12, 08:58 PM
APFASDGASPEBNATALTY

just put it in you cunts

thought it was a dive but thats a nailed on penalty

NSF
11th January '12, 08:59 PM
Lol at Aggers somersault, no need tbh :laugh:

Hij
11th January '12, 08:59 PM
s\sdogjksdpiogjsdi]0gjsdgio[hsdio[hsdgui9[vsdvplsdcv[
a

NSF
11th January '12, 09:00 PM
This sound is fucking jarring, do they not realise its fucked?

Hij
Liverpool Score First (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/vbookie.php?do=viewitem&item_id=324)
8/5
(1.60)

:stunned:

Xtra P
Got a feeling Liverpool will take it.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mh8qvm.jpg

Hij
11th January '12, 09:04 PM
anyones mnc vs liv bit look a bit like whats the word faded?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mh8qvm.jpg

Oi hold it down Mr Damus

we're 15 minutes into at least 180

Our fans have been fantastic

Pirate
11th January '12, 09:08 PM
cannot confirm but i think i bet on gerrard to score lul

edit can confirm i bet on bellamy and aguero not that toffee cunt gerrard, fuck

Hij
11th January '12, 09:15 PM
Gerrard scores

Money Man bet 50 and won 200

Outcome information

Current odds
4/1 (4.00)

Number of bets placed

Total amount staked

If I lose my 5 grand we go to Anfield with a draw or a win, so its a win win now

fuck off it was an excellent tackle

lol at how fucking shit Adeybayor is

Pirate
11th January '12, 09:16 PM
adam just called balo a n***** :stunned:

Hij
11th January '12, 09:16 PM
"i thought that was more affectionate than anything else"

suck your mother

Pirate
11th January '12, 09:17 PM
got reps on tottenham everton being goalless too :laugh::laugh:

Hij
11th January '12, 09:18 PM
adam just called balo a n***** :stunned:

new case
no evidence
balotelli is black so we'll believe him etc etc etc

got reps on tottenham everton being goalless too :laugh::laugh:

5 yards out, outside of his boot, goes 5 yards wide?????? quality man what is this shit I need Adeybayor to score a few more so I can outscore this cunt with Bale as captain in the fantasy premier league fa cup

Pirate
then adam will admit saying it but it'll still be balotelli's word against his etc etc

Hij
we're losing it now Xtra P i told you mate :(

NSF
11th January '12, 09:19 PM
Adam milking it again lol

Hij
11th January '12, 09:20 PM
then adam will admit saying it but it'll still be balotelli's word against his etc etc
slightly different but I'll let you veer off that way

there goes your 0-0 draw anyway bro

Pirate
11th January '12, 09:22 PM
ah fucks sake
i only bet on it cos it was like 13/1 tbf
inshallah bellamy and aguero both score to make up for it

Hij
11th January '12, 09:27 PM
we'll be coming
we'll be coming
we'll be coming down the road
when you hear the noise of the bill shankly boys we'll be coming down the road

had to take him off due to the racial abuse from the liverpool fans

Four.

The number of times we have crossed the ball and Clichy has cleared.

NSF
11th January '12, 09:28 PM
Savic is fucking shocking

Xtra P
11th January '12, 09:28 PM
Inshallah Kun gets injured

Hij
11th January '12, 09:36 PM
Why is your picture of wife abuse is it an advertisement for stella artois?

here comes the equaliser and my bitch if i had one would look like Xtra P avatar

Get in!

"this is the worst ive seen city at home all this season so far"

how about "this is the best ive seen liverpool"

you fucking muppet

Hij
11th January '12, 09:59 PM
4 minutes gone we look pretty awful

all round the fields of anfield road
where once we watched the king kenny play and could he play
we had heighway on the wing
we had dreams and songs to sing
of the glory round the fields of anfield road

Pirate
11th January '12, 10:01 PM
hendersons shite

NSF
11th January '12, 10:02 PM
Henderson looks like a right mong when he's running full speed :laugh:

Pirate
11th January '12, 10:03 PM
fucking hell sergio

Hij
11th January '12, 10:03 PM
Kelly you absolute joekr

chris89
11th January '12, 10:04 PM
Henderson looks like a right mong when he's running full speed :laugh:
. :laugh:

Pirate
11th January '12, 10:05 PM
city without yaya <<<<

NSF
11th January '12, 10:09 PM
Wooiii Kompanys girl >>>>

Hij
11th January '12, 10:12 PM
*climbs all over carroll*

*not a free kick because carroll is a "big lad"*

Mason you fat twat

we are getting merked

can't even get out of our half

Pirate
11th January '12, 10:12 PM
fuck off aguero you cunt, just fucking score

NSF
11th January '12, 10:17 PM
Nasri's actually having a decent game lol

chris89
11th January '12, 10:19 PM
Andy carroll might actually be one of the worst players of all time

Pirate
11th January '12, 10:26 PM
City are missing a few things tonight. One's a title, two's Kompany and three's a crowd.

reina you gora cunt

NSF
11th January '12, 10:27 PM
Liverpool parking the bus with 10 mins to go :dead:

Pirate
11th January '12, 10:27 PM
fuck this shit, bellamy gannin off wioot a goal
aguero best score the cunt
6 defenders, cool football bros

NSF
11th January '12, 10:40 PM
Brilliant consistency with johnsons tackle, that was worse than Kompanys lol

Xtra P
11th January '12, 10:42 PM
Oi hold it down Mr Damus

we're 15 minutes into at least 180

I was talking about this particular game not the tie although I think 'pool will progress.

http://i42.tinypic.com/25am8b9.gif

Hij
11th January '12, 10:49 PM
We've won it ten times
we've won it ten times
on the balance of probabilities
we've won it ten times]

sd
p[gsdj]pgiosdjgsd]gjsdgsdgsd

@Xtra P (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=621) your a star son

:lfchij:

Walk on
walk on
with hooooooooope in your heaaaaart
and you'll neeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrrr walllllllkkkkkkkkkk aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you'll neeee-verrrrrrrr walkkkkkkkkkk aloneeeeeeeeeeee

11th January '12, 10:55 PM
calm down Hij lol

dropped a bag on a city win

inshallah gerrard gets injured / nasri will play shit again lol

#Fail

+

da yids won

:dead:

:sad:

NSF
11th January '12, 10:55 PM
Calm down Hij, youve gotta park the bus for another 90 minutes yet lol.

Hij
11th January '12, 10:58 PM
We ain't been infront in a 2 leg semi final for ages

SUCK MY BOLLOCKS

Man City have only lost against United at home for fucking ages and we just went and did it without Suarez

I'M BUZZING

any trophy can go in the cabinet ask 187 about that

:lfchij::lfchij:

teninj
11th January '12, 10:59 PM
We ain't been infront in a 2 leg semi final for ages

SUCK MY BOLLOCKS

Man City have only lost against United at home for fucking ages and we just went and did it without Suarez

I'M BUZZING

any trophy can go in the cabinet ask 187 about that

:lfchij::lfchij:

Hij
11th January '12, 11:00 PM
Inshallah Xtra P blesses us before the next match

http://i42.tinypic.com/25am8b9.gifhttp://i42.tinypic.com/25am8b9.gif

Pirate
11th January '12, 11:03 PM
fucks sake

Big 45
11th January '12, 11:07 PM
Shit game tbh, nearly fell asleep lol

Plak
So I take it the odds in the vbookie are over the two legs as it ain't been paid out?
Hope so as I reckon City will do Liverpool away.

Hij
Calm down Hij, youve gotta park the bus for another 90 minutes yet lol.
No sireee

You have to hope for a goal for 90 minutes mate :-D

WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD, WHEN YOU HEAR THE NOISE OF THE BILL SHANKLY BOYS WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD

Shit game tbh, nearly fell asleep lol

:laugh:

M.O.G.
11th January '12, 11:08 PM
Some defensive second half performance.

Hij
11th January '12, 11:10 PM
Some defensive second half performance.

This ain't no fucking Mickey Mouse trophy to me.

Let's hope for a great performance at Anfield, they'll put it on us, but if we can get Bellamy through the middle, we could be in with a shout.

MoneyMan
11th January '12, 11:12 PM
Gerrard scores

Outcome information

Current odds
4/1 (4.00)

Number of bets placed

Total amount staked

If I lose my 5 grand we go to Anfield with a draw or a win, so its a win win now

:hyper:

Shame I wasted more than I won by betting on loads of stupid improbabilities lol. Did I spell improbabilities right?
Shit game tbh, another trophy in the bag for Stevie though, that's nice.

Liverpool's 8-2-0 formation in the second half was quite something to behold.

And oii, excuse my ignorance but will Suarez be free for the final? Imagine him against Cardiff or Palace sajkgvdskjbgvkdsjbkjhdsbfvkhjsdbkvhjbadsbvsadv 6-0 victory tbh. Even Andy would score :laugh:

Hij
11th January '12, 11:20 PM
He will only be free for the final should we manage to beat City overall at Anfield.

I'm not counting chickens, but I am counting the shooting of one if that makes sense.

Plak
11th January '12, 11:24 PM
Gerrard scores

Outcome information

Current odds
4/1 (4.00)

Number of bets placed

Total amount staked

9 goals and 6 assists to Suarez' 5 goals and 1 assist, and he hasn't even played as many games.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/square/000/004/406/u_jelly.jpg

Hij
11th January '12, 11:33 PM
Fair comment and there is no argument that we are anywhere near Tottenham ATM but Adeybayor fucked up tonight despite you winning I watched it

Plak
11th January '12, 11:47 PM
Fact is even if he doesn't score, he is the TYPE of player who is actually vital to the way we play now, holds the ball up and lays it off, with real strength, he's got a shit first touch no doubt but other than that he is *madness*>>>>>>>
He didn't fuck up tonight tbh, Everton made themselves hard to break down but credit to them, they didn't actually park the bus.
BAE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baines
Can't believe he lost that poll a few month ago

chris89
11th January '12, 11:52 PM
can confirm i voted for BAE in the poll

Xtra P
12th January '12, 12:45 AM
smh BAE is playing in a better team(a team that are flying) its easier to play well in that situation.

Baines>>>>>>BAE in general imo

El Asesino
12th January '12, 01:55 AM
only person to bet on liverpool win

YNWA

Xtra P
12th January '12, 02:14 AM

YNWA

Selection Selection Details Result
Football Matches
Carling Cup Matches
Man City v Liverpool
11th of Jan 2012 7:45 pm
Win-Draw-Win
Liverpool @ 13/5
Win

real monies >>>>>>>> rep

El Asesino
12th January '12, 02:15 AM
Selection Selection Details Result
Football Matches
Carling Cup Matches
Man City v Liverpool
11th of Jan 2012 7:45 pm
Win-Draw-Win
Liverpool @ 13/5
Win

real monies >>>>>>>> rep

How much did you bet though?

Rambo
12th January '12, 02:24 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/21jy78j.jpg

El Asesino
12th January '12, 02:36 AM
with the standard the FA have set they have to go back and give Johnson a 3 game ban now, surely?

Ari Gold
12th January '12, 05:33 AM
all im saying is congrats to liverpool tbh. any team that takes a win over city deserves to get hyped about it. i hate city with such a passion.

Hutch
12th January '12, 05:57 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/21jy78j.jpg

Needs a ban, it's a lot worse than Kompany's tackle. If Lescott's foot is a tiny bit further forward that's a leg breaker.

chris89
12th January '12, 08:47 AM
How much did you bet though?

knowing xtra p it was about 2

Xtra P
12th January '12, 09:11 AM
Christopher is correct.

Big 45
12th January '12, 09:21 AM
#ballin

quality
12th January '12, 09:58 AM
all im saying is congrats to liverpool tbh. any team that takes a win over city deserves to get hyped about it. i hate city with such a passion.

I agree.

But hold tight Liverpool's 6-3-1 formation, the days of pass and move are back.

NSF
12th January '12, 10:10 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/21jy78j.jpgThat's worse than most this season tbh, his legs are together and straight and he's dived into it. Any contact and that's a nasty injury.

Xtra P
12th January '12, 12:42 PM
#ballin

I can confirm that while not #ballin I am doing ok in life.

I bet for fun not to become rich.

Hij
13th January '12, 02:43 PM
That's worse than most this season tbh, his legs are together and straight and he's dived into it. Any contact and that's a nasty injury.

While I agree, if he does that to the ball with no-body around him is it a red?

He's jumped in, so yeah it's probably a red, but unlike Kompany who went through the player, this one is the side of the player.

NSF
13th January '12, 02:49 PM
While I agree, if he does that to the ball with no-body around him is it a red?

He's jumped in, so yeah it's probably a red, but unlike Kompany who went through the player, this one is the side of the player.Nah ive always thought unless theres contact then it should be played on, but like Mancini was saying you need consistency. One ref cant give a red and another not for what IMO is a worse type of tackle. Kompany didnt go through the player as such, his legs were apart and went around Nani and scooped the ball out. Johnsons legs are together and straight which wouldve caused more damage if he caught someone. Like whats been said over the past few days the English league is losing the physical side slowly, not saying people should play fouling football for 90 minutes but unless theres contact then it should be played on and not stopped and ruined. Kinda one of the reasons why i like the Championship tbh, ref's can still be dumb but it seems more physical than the PL.

Hij
13th January '12, 02:51 PM
Kompany definitely went through the player in order to win the ball- whether he made contact with him or not. That's the difference between the two challenges in my eyes - although I am not saying it's not a red, but I can see why there might be reason for the ref to wave play on, because while he has jumped in two footed, he gets the ball and goes along the side of the player. You could do that challenge 10 times and he'd never make contact with him, the Man City player actually makes contact with Johnson.

Mancini can suck his mum though, waving red cards about and shit then complaining about Rooney.

quality
13th January '12, 03:22 PM
Torres didn't make contact with that Swansea player for what that's worth.

Brisboy84
13th January '12, 03:34 PM
The rules are a tackle that endangers the safety of a player is a sending off. So going by that, both Kompany's and Johnson's are red cards. People all the time say "he got the ball though". Dosen't matter if he got the ball or not. Diving in 2 feet with studs up is reckless and has the potential for a leg break. There's no reason why they both couldn't do slide tackles instead.

Hij
13th January '12, 04:21 PM
The rules are a tackle that endangers the safety of a player is a sending off. So going by that, both Kompany's and Johnson's are red cards. People all the time say "he got the ball though". Dosen't matter if he got the ball or not. Diving in 2 feet with studs up is reckless and has the potential for a leg break. There's no reason why they both couldn't do slide tackles instead.

But if your jump 2 footed away from the player how is it reckless or dangerous? We're in danger of turning football into basketball I agree with Kompany. I don't think neither of them should be a red card.

Torres didn't make contact with that Swansea player for what that's worth.
Similar argument there then.

If the balls going off for a corner and someone jumps in 2 footed to prevent a goal kick and he's 5 yards away from any player, is that also a red?

The Johnson one does look horrendous and he definitely jumps in but as he touches the ball he's not even made contact with the player. The challenge is such that he's actually completed it before any contact is made and that's around his upper thigh area.

Although I really wouldn't be complaining if he had seen red btw.

Rambo
13th January '12, 04:22 PM
But if your jump 2 footed away from the player how is it reckless or dangerous? We're in danger of turning football into basketball I agree with Kompany. I don't think neither of them should be a red card.

Similar argument there then.

If the balls going off for a corner and someone jumps in 2 footed to prevent a goal kick and he's 5 yards away from any player, is that also a red?

The Johnson one does look horrendous and he definitely jumps in but as he touches the ball he's not even made contact with the player. The challenge is such that he's actually completed it before any contact is made and that's around his upper thigh area.

Although I really wouldn't be complaining if he had seen red btw.

lol don't gas, the johnson one is a red all day, he jumps in and its two footed

Hij
13th January '12, 04:25 PM
Well it's not a red, because the referee never produced one and I've been trying to think why. For starters it's not even a tackle, the ball has over run by a poor touch and he gets the ball before the player and it's the City player that makes contact with Johnson not the other way around.

Not like its such a big deal anyway. Kelly is more than adequate back up for Johnson. By what is apparently the law, then it is a red, but it's clear as day how the challenge went, so there must be a reason why the ref didn't send him off.

quality
13th January '12, 04:29 PM
I'm happy Kompany is suspended from our game on the 22nd tbh.