PDA

View Full Version : Scholes rejoins Manchester United

Xtra P
8th January '12, 01:13 PM
Paul Scholes comes out of retirement to rejoin Manchester United

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16460340.stm

Re-signing legends seems to be all the craze right now.

He's on the bench today

tippa
8th January '12, 01:15 PM
he's on the bench against man city madness

reficuL
8th January '12, 01:15 PM
:stunned:
Scholes>>>>>>

Julio Cesar
8th January '12, 01:16 PM
#CrisisAtOldTrafford

BIGDON
8th January '12, 01:17 PM
lol cool midfield bros

tippa
8th January '12, 01:20 PM
inb4hecomesofthebenchtoscorethewinner

Tommy
8th January '12, 01:21 PM
inb4wesignphillips

Sosa
8th January '12, 01:24 PM
inb4hescoresapiledriver

Julio Cesar
8th January '12, 01:25 PM
inb4hegetssentoffbecausehecanttackle

daspecimen
8th January '12, 01:28 PM
kept this one quiet. they would have had to have sorted the deal out by noon on friday to register him for the game today.

scholes is exactly what they need in the middle of the park (no ji sung) tbh

Nigel
8th January '12, 01:32 PM
Fergies in talks with Roy Keane and Beckham to recreate the greatest midfield in premiership history.

Inb4chelsearesignDesiallyandLebouf

NSF
8th January '12, 01:36 PM
Just seems like desperation on Fergie's part tbh.

Shower Posse
8th January '12, 01:38 PM
Smh

We cant keep dodging this midfield issue

kilik
8th January '12, 01:40 PM
shouldnt of retired imo.

my nigga scholes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tony Starks
8th January '12, 01:41 PM
Smacks of desperation lol

Brisboy84
8th January '12, 01:42 PM
I look forward to the Man Utd fans and media that talked about Henry coming back to Arsenal could tarnish his legacy, also saying the same about Scholes.

teninj
scholes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> henry

tippa
I look forward to the Man Utd fans and media that talked about Henry coming back to Arsenal could tarnish his legacy, also saying the same about Scholes.

b66 smedrock
8th January '12, 01:45 PM
Just what we need tbh

Sosa
8th January '12, 01:46 PM
lol henry left in his prime, scholes been playing shit for a few seasons now.

#crisis

NSF
8th January '12, 01:48 PM
Thing aswell is Henry didnt have to be called out of retirement to go back to Arsenal, he's always been playing. Fergie's lost his mind.

Shower Posse
8th January '12, 01:49 PM

#crisis

lol no he hasnt the only season where kinda fell off was just before he left

Henry<<<<<<<<<<<Scholes

NSF
8th January '12, 01:51 PM

Henry<<<<<<<<<<<Scholes

Im not even an Arsenal fan but you cant really compare the two since they both played different roles.

Sosa
8th January '12, 01:51 PM
no way mate.

henry is much better then scholes.

always has an always will be. he is a great player tho

but titi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

tippa
8th January '12, 01:52 PM
straws are being clutched very tightly already

Brisboy84
8th January '12, 01:52 PM

Henry<<<<<<<<<<<Scholes

Comparison is void because they play different positions.

kilik
8th January '12, 01:56 PM
its not as if hes been sitting at home on the couch all year not training, hes been training and coaching with the reserves since he retired and apparently wished he didnt retire. we need a playmaker and if hes still got his pinpoint precision passing then its all good

EA
8th January '12, 01:57 PM

Parrr
8th January '12, 03:01 PM
GAAAASSSSSED!!

He won't tarnish his legacy doubt he has changed much from last season tbh can probably still put a shift in when required.

We still need to sign some one though..

Cazorla
8th January '12, 03:13 PM
Scholes>>>>>>>>>>

Alter E-ghost
8th January '12, 03:22 PM
lol at people saying Fergie's made a mistake.

C.
8th January '12, 03:23 PM
Paul Scholes back from retirement is much better than Henry returning to Arsenal

Alter E-ghost
8th January '12, 03:24 PM
People are talking like he's been out for years.

Xtra P
8th January '12, 03:25 PM
Mistake from Scholes leads to a city goal lol

Welcome back

Mr. Jefferies
8th January '12, 03:28 PM
kept this one quiet. they would have had to have sorted the deal out by noon on friday to register him for the game today.

scholes is exactly what they need in the middle of the park (no ji sung) tbh

it's been going on for a while and was being talked about weeks ago, obviously the club knew about the fletcher thing for some time, fergie challenging him that he can still do a job... i honestly just thought it was a forum wind up, you see and hear loads of these kinds of stories but take them with a pinch of salt. this is just embarrassing, scholes looked slow towards the back end of last season so how is he supposed to play any better after 8 months. this is a direct result of the glazers, i don't care what fergie says. a top club with money to attract top players does not or should not need to persuade ex-players to come out of retirement. where does it stop? do we bring keane back?

Smh

'nobody out there can improve us' - but scholes coming out of retirement can? doing this means he admits there is a midfield problem.

shouldnt of retired imo.

my nigga scholes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

he retired at the right time in my opinion.

Smacks of desperation lol

his legs went 2 or 3 years ago, doing this is like putting a big 'we're skint!' banner above ot.

#crisis

not shit, but as i said his legs went a while ago now and he was looking a lot slower.

Tony Starks
8th January '12, 03:37 PM
Paul Scholes back from retirement is much better than Henry returning to Arsenal
Henry didn't give up the game cos he felt he was passed it

teninj
8th January '12, 03:58 PM
scholes still makin the same mistakes

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
8th January '12, 04:00 PM
I don't think there's too much to read into that performance. He hasn't played football in 6 months.

Baffling from Fergie to bring him on.

daspecimen
9th January '12, 08:59 AM
it's been going on for a while and was being talked about weeks ago, obviously the club knew about the fletcher thing for some time, fergie challenging him that he can still do a job... i honestly just thought it was a forum wind up, you see and hear loads of these kinds of stories but take them with a pinch of salt. this is just embarrassing, scholes looked slow towards the back end of last season so how is he supposed to play any better after 8 months. this is a direct result of the glazers, i don't care what fergie says. a top club with money to attract top players does not or should not need to persuade ex-players to come out of retirement. where does it stop? do we bring keane back?

took my words too literally. what I meant was, they kept it quiet that he had re-signed. it had been mentioned a bit recently that maybe sir alex would look to get him back in but no concrete information about him re-signing seemed to re-surface until early sunday.

as i said, and the same applies to henry, the contract and paperwork would have had to be with the FA by noon friday and compare that to henry where there were media reports, official website launch etc right after the signing they had managed to keep that relatively quiet.

Mr Nasri
9th January '12, 10:53 AM
them midfielders r full of confidence in man u right now

Villain_94
9th January '12, 11:22 AM
Smh