PDA

View Full Version : In ANOTHER debate with my brother, your opinion GF?

DTR
7th January '12, 01:19 PM
In their prime, who is the better player?

Zidane or Ronaldinho?
Poll added.

Mr. Jefferies
7th January '12, 01:23 PM
this one is so obvious it shouldn't need to be asked.

http://www.wldcup.com/pictures/wld2006/0606/pic606.jpg

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/26/article-1280150153324-0A938991000005DC-687638_636x353.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/20/article-1087774-0050931F00000258-60_468x553.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3j7US2pSdI

tippa
7th January '12, 01:25 PM
this one is so obvious it shouldn't need to be asked.

Zidane schooled the whole brazil team in the 2006 world cup

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
7th January '12, 01:27 PM
Ronaldinho.

Mr. Jefferies
7th January '12, 01:27 PM

Zidane schooled the whole brazil team in the 2006 world cup

zidane was that guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZwirDVouI

DTR
7th January '12, 01:28 PM
I said exactly what the above said, Zidane.

My brother's probrably just bewildered that Ronaldinho posessed and then got gassed.

IMO, Zidanes GOAT.

kilik
7th January '12, 01:30 PM
zidane.

look what he did at every team he was at and in all world cups he played in

just wish i was older at the time to fully understand his levels

tippa
7th January '12, 01:32 PM
Poll should've been Ronaldo or Zidane

Tony Starks
7th January '12, 01:37 PM
Zidane easily. Hes made the difference in big tournaments when it mattered. Someone as good as Thierry Henry still has that hanging over him so its very important for worldclass players to represent on the biggest stage.

Zidanes scored in two world cup finals, scored twice in 98, almost single handedly led France to the final in 06, the greatest champions league goal of all time in the final. At his best he was on a different level, even the very last game of his career he was the best player on the pitch and thats the biggest game in world football

Ronaldinho over a 2 year period was the best player in the world though, not as good as Messi for goals and assists but just as talented. Like most brazilians lifestyle ruined him

DTR
7th January '12, 01:38 PM
Poll should've been Ronaldo or Zidane
We wasn't debating that though, but if you feel that go make one yourself?

M.O.G.
7th January '12, 01:39 PM
Ronaldinho was a class act but he is never touching Zidane

Zidane easily for me

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
7th January '12, 01:41 PM
Zidane did it in bigger games, there's no denying that. I just haven't seen a player turn in more magical performances on a consistent basis than Ronaldinho in 2005ish.

Mr. Jefferies
7th January '12, 01:42 PM
Zidane easily. Hes made the difference in big tournaments when it mattered. Someone as good as Thierry Henry still has that hanging over him so its very important for worldclass players to represent on the biggest stage.

Zidanes scored in two world cup finals, scored twice in 08, almost single handedly led France to the final in 06, the greatest champions league goal of all time in the final. At his best he was on a different level, even the very last game of his career he was the best player on the pitch and thats the biggest game in world football

Ronaldinho over a 2 year period was the best player in the world though, not as good as Messi for goals and assists but just as talented. Like most brazilians lifestyle ruined him

typo lol but yeah, summed up nicely.

zidane was just so classy in midfield. and let's not forget this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/3787491.stm). two late goals to rescue a win for his team in an international tournament is impressive.

M.O.G.
7th January '12, 01:46 PM
Zidane did it in bigger games, there's no denying that. I just haven't seen a player turn in more magical performances on a consistent basis than Ronaldinho in 2005ish.

....His last world cup when everyone thought he was past it Zidane stole the show, and even when he didnt perform amazingly in the final he made sure he stole the show by setting Marco a headbutt

Mr. Jefferies
7th January '12, 01:49 PM
....His last world cup when everyone thought he was past it Zidane stole the show, and even when he didnt perform amazingly in the final he made sure he stole the show by setting Marco a headbutt

lol that penalty >>>>>

revz are you on about big games or just games? ronaldinho had a habit of going missing in games even at his peak, if you're just on about all games regardless of opposition or importance, messi is more consistent than ronaldinho and if you're on about the big games, messi is more consistent than ronaldinho.

Nigel
7th January '12, 01:57 PM
Ronaldinho never possessed the same quality Zidane did when moving with the ball. Dead ball Ronaldinho had sick accuracy and the tricks but I never felt when he was running at players he matched Zidanes quality

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
7th January '12, 01:58 PM

As I said, he was more of a big game player (although that's not to say that Ronaldinho wasn't - he got clapped off at the Bernabeu in El Clasico for example). Ronaldinho's prime was incredibly short, 2003-06ish, and people tend to forget just how good he was. I don't think I've seen any player be as devastating over three years. To be fair to Ronaldinho, I remember Brazil played some dodgy formation in the 2006 World Cup and were shit all round, so cut him some slack there.

It wasn't just about the goals and the skills (Dinho is the most skilful player I've seen), it was about his passing and vision as well. Have a look at this video of his passes, he was up there with the best of them:

50KVx_GlltQ

lol that penalty >>>>>

revz are you on about big games or just games? ronaldinho had a habit of going missing in games even at his peak, if you're just on about all games regardless of opposition or importance, messi is more consistent than ronaldinho and if you're on about the big games, messi is more consistent than ronaldinho.

Messi is the best player I've ever seen.

Mr. Jefferies
7th January '12, 02:02 PM
Messi is the best player I've ever seen.

yeah but i was replying to this particular point you made:

not even messi?

he's not had a bad game this season from memory, for the past three seasons you can not knock his club form at all. people like to throw the 'he doesn't do it for argentina' argument about but that's been discussed here before and he plays a different role so he's not gonna score the same amount of goals.

but my point is, messi is more consistent now than ronaldinho was in 2005. also, ronaldinho never got a hat trick vs real madrid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpzkF57gwk&feature=related

Tony Starks
7th January '12, 02:04 PM
Ronaldinho never possessed the same quality Zidane did when moving with the ball. Dead ball Ronaldinho had sick accuracy and the tricks but I never felt when he was running at players he matched Zidanes quality
Disagree with all of this

BIGLEE
7th January '12, 02:08 PM
Ron

I-LOVE-LIVERPOOL
7th January '12, 02:16 PM
yeah but i was replying to this particular point you made:

not even messi?

he's not had a bad game this season from memory, for the past three seasons you can not knock his club form at all. people like to throw the 'he doesn't do it for argentina' argument about but that's been discussed here before and he plays a different role so he's not gonna score the same amount of goals.

but my point is, messi is more consistent now than ronaldinho was in 2005. also, ronaldinho never got a hat trick vs real madrid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpzkF57gwk&feature=related
I genuinely forgot about Messi since my mind had flashed back to 2005 and I was trying to think of past players to compare him to. I don't think Ronaldo at Madrid was better than him. Ronaldo at Barca/Inter was probably better than him but I'm too young to remember. I rate Zidane right up there by the way - he's done it in far more bigger games than Ronaldinho due to the fact he was an unbelievable player for almost 10 years compared to Ronaldinho's 2-3 years.

Ronaldinho didn't get a hattrick, but he did get clapped by the home fans at the Bernabeu after scoring his second.

kwxXSUQ7zgE

The look on Cassilas's face sums it all up.

Xtra P
7th January '12, 02:38 PM
Ronny

Mr. Jefferies
7th January '12, 02:39 PM
Ronny

why?

DTR
7th January '12, 03:11 PM
two late goals to rescue a win for his team in an international tournament is impressive.
Impressive is an understatement.

adidasgrandad
7th January '12, 08:19 PM
zidane. ronaldinho was probably more famous because of the whole joga bonito promotion phase but zidane was an absolute class act throughout his career. ronaldinho had his time then faded for a while.

El Asesino
7th January '12, 09:02 PM
zidane was a genius he had a unique way of taking players on.

Kartel
7th January '12, 09:26 PM
Zidane is the best player of all time.

Hutch
7th January '12, 11:06 PM
Zidane was not the best player of all time smh, he was world class not GOAT.

maaaaaaaaaa

Julio Cesar
7th January '12, 11:07 PM
Zidane was not the best player of all time smh, he was world class not GOAT.

maaaaaaaaaa

IMO he was. Why wasn't he?

Grimes
7th January '12, 11:15 PM
zidane defo

Hutch
7th January '12, 11:16 PM
IMO he was. Why wasn't he?

Pele, Cruyff and Maradona (cunt) were better than him imo, so for me Zidane can't be GOAT. maaaaaaaaaaaa

I can see why people say Zidane, he's the best player of our generation, but that doesn't make him the best player ever.
You could argue that Messi is the best player of our generation too even at his age.

Mazer Rackham
8th January '12, 07:02 PM
zidane

tippa
8th January '12, 07:05 PM
z8-y1mOTIic