PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Football Club

Hij
10th August '08, 03:23 AM
Are a fucking joke at the minute....

Releasing a statement at 10pm on a Saturday night

backing the manager, but saying he cant sign Barry?

What the fuck are you playing at Hicks and Gillette.

Just when I had started to forget about you fucking cunts behind the scenes.

GrimePays
10th August '08, 03:35 AM
get me

NaiJaBoY
10th August '08, 09:11 AM
U guys sold ur soul, just to splash 20+ mil on 1 player, now u got to sell in other to buy.....

If arsenal can build a stadium in LONDON without selling, i dnt get y liverpool sold out

Grimes
10th August '08, 10:44 AM
gillette and hicks are smart

Grimes
10th August '08, 10:44 AM
why do we need barry honestly

Grimes
10th August '08, 11:03 AM
rafa is crazy i swear. how can we buy barry, whats the point?

BG1
10th August '08, 11:23 AM
rafa is crazy i swear. how can we buy barry, whats the point?

why do we need barry honestly

gillette and hicks are smart

^what he said.

Xtra P
10th August '08, 11:47 AM
I'd love to have barry at Arsenal *pause*

Nine Bar
10th August '08, 11:52 AM
Stories saying the yanks are ready to bid 18 mill for David Silva, as Barry is too much and will not have any sell-on value after his 4 year contract, lol they must think every player they bring in will just be sold to gain a profit?

What Liverpool dont need is Rafa having beef with them again cuz you could see it did afftect players last year even though they wasnt gonna win the title or anything you could still see it.

Hij
10th August '08, 02:25 PM
What Liverpool dont need is Rafa having beef with them again cuz you could see it did afftect players last year even though they wasnt gonna win the title or anything you could still see it.
Exactly.

Barry would be an excellent purchase Grimes, if you can't see that well...

The manager is supposed to live and die by his decisions, if we don't let him sign Barry for 18m but we sign some light weight Spaniard for 18m that Rafa doesn't even want, how can you sack him at the end of the season for not improving us if it wasn't him who made the decisions.

What stupid, ridiculous owners we have.

Hij
10th August '08, 02:27 PM
U guys sold ur soul, just to splash 20+ mil on 1 player, now u got to sell in other to buy.....

If arsenal can build a stadium in LONDON without selling, i dnt get y liverpool sold out

LMAO.

None of that is fact whatsoever. Compare the two cities and then compare that David Moores could have built the stadium using similar loans, but we'd have never entered any transfer windows since- at least the Americans have taken bigger loans and we can purchase players.

Also compare that we are now entering a credit crunch and the price of steel is going up all the time, if you don't think about these issues and only read the Daily Star, then ultimately you won't understand whats going on lol.

D*evil*s
10th August '08, 08:57 PM
liverpool.... with all the money rafa has had... he cudda bought better players to the club

quality
10th August '08, 09:01 PM
Why is Barry needed with Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano about, all of who are better players than him? As well as Lucas coming through. Liverpool's owners are petty, but a manager has to justify his purchases. Liverpool need wingers still.

The Messiah
10th August '08, 10:29 PM
liverpool.... with all the money rafa has had... he cudda bought better players to the club

He's bought some good players.

He could have been a lot more economical. Plenty of signings he didn't need to make. But me and Hij have already had war over this. So I'll allow it.

What Liverpool really need atm are wingers not Barry! I seem in a minority with this view.

'nuum general
10th August '08, 10:30 PM
What Liverpool really need atm are wingers not Barry! I seem in a minority with this view.

i've been thinking this

Hij
11th August '08, 12:46 AM

We bought Crouch and went for wingers, Quaresma was going to come in this summer, but he refused point blank to track back and work for the team so Rafa told him to fuck off. Or rather, the Spanish/Portugese equivalent?

Anyway, its evident we're looking to play it along the floor alot more this season, who do you really see knocking the headers in?

Its all too easy to say we need wingers, but its finding the right winger, at the right place who will fit in the system, wants to move to us and has the work ethic Benitez wants.

Hij
11th August '08, 12:48 AM

Depends alot on Moores/Hicks/Gillette and Parry.

Only until this last year have we been in a position where we can spend big money on a single player, plenty of other seasons were spent improving the squad on a year to year basis.

If anyone can honestly look at our squad list this season and not say that its strong, young and threatening, then I question your knowledge of football. IMO its our best squad since we were top in 2001, and probably before that.

The Messiah
11th August '08, 12:50 AM
We bought Crouch and went for wingers, Quaresma was going to come in this summer, but he refused point blank to track back and work for the team so Rafa told him to fuck off. Or rather, the Spanish/Portugese equivalent?

Anyway, its evident we're looking to play it along the floor alot more this season, who do you really see knocking the headers in?

Its all too easy to say we need wingers, but its finding the right winger, at the right place who will fit in the system, wants to move to us and has the work ethic Benitez wants.

Do you need a tall front man when you play with wingers? Man United and Arsenal (pre-Adebayor) didn't. A modern, intelligent winger will do the job. you need a Joe Cole-like player.

Hij
11th August '08, 01:12 AM
Do you need a tall front man when you play with wingers? Man United and Arsenal (pre-Adebayor) didn't. A modern, intelligent winger will do the job. you need a Joe Cole-like player.

We had Garcia and now Benayoun, although Joe Cole is a different class- granted.

Hij
11th August '08, 01:13 AM

Eboue, Clichy, Sagna are more wingers for you than your established ones IMO.

Same with Evra etc.

The Messiah
11th August '08, 01:21 AM
We had Garcia and now Benayoun, although Joe Cole is a different class- granted.

Someone who can dribble and beat players with pace and trickery basically. You need more than one. I think Bentley would have done a good job for Liverpool.

Eboue, Clichy, Sagna are more wingers for you than your established ones IMO.

Same with Evra etc.

I was thinking of Overmars, Pires and Ljungberg when I said pre-Adebayor Arsenal.

Grimes
11th August '08, 01:27 AM
rafa's logic is odd at some points

lfc want to buy silva (a winger) instead while rafa wants barry

Hij
11th August '08, 01:29 AM
S
I was thinking of Overmars, Pires and Ljungberg when I said pre-Adebayor Arsenal.

But who are your established 'Wingers'? Rosicky? I've often seen him score goals from the middle of the park? Hleb has gone? Walcott is being played as a winger but surely will be put upfront soon?

Ronaldo is a 'Winger' but hardly ever plays as an orthodox winger and often cuts in and inter changes with the top 3. Giggs often comes inside now as his pace is lacking but his skill levels aren't. Infact United tend to play a system (depending on whos playing) Giggs, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo inter changing to confuse the opposition and break them down and soon Nani will be involved as he progresses.

I believe its a system we'll play similar with Keane, Gerrard, Torres and Babel and Im not ashamed to say that Rafa probably took the idea from Ferguson himself.

I'm also certain we are buying Barry to be a part of that. Shankslegend off RAWK who has contacts inside Anfield and predicted Torres, Keane and Mascherano now 2 weeks prior, reckons we're aiming for this.
----------Reina-----------------
Degen-Carragher--Agger--Dossena
-----Mascherano--Alonso------
Gerrard-----Keane-------Barry
----------Torres---------------

Which to me, looks pretty scary. With Degen and Dossena down the wings as fullbacks. Babel and Barry switchable (and Barry able to cover all sorts of positions if need be as well).

We'll see though.

Glasgow Mandem
11th August '08, 01:30 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone! Live! Celtic vs. Liverpool :D
Xfgqi-UahE8

Hij
11th August '08, 01:31 AM
You support Celtic Jake?
Big you up :D

Eric Cantona
11th August '08, 01:34 AM
Dossena or Degan any good?

Glasgow Mandem
11th August '08, 01:35 AM
You support Celtic Jake?
Big you up :D

Aw Aye :D
Post This Aswell Who The Fuck Are Man U???
dARy-PeJffM

Hij
11th August '08, 01:50 AM
Dossena or Degan any good?

Degen good going forward but shit at the back.
Dossena looks good going forward but shit at the back.

Notice a pattern? :D

But they've only been here a month and a bit, so Ill hold out crucyfying(sp?) them just yet. Will be interesting.

'nuum general
11th August '08, 01:21 PM
But who are your established 'Wingers'? Rosicky? I've often seen him score goals from the middle of the park? Hleb has gone? Walcott is being played as a winger but surely will be put upfront soon?

Ronaldo is a 'Winger' but hardly ever plays as an orthodox winger and often cuts in and inter changes with the top 3. Giggs often comes inside now as his pace is lacking but his skill levels aren't. Infact United tend to play a system (depending on whos playing) Giggs, Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo inter changing to confuse the opposition and break them down and soon Nani will be involved as he progresses.

I believe its a system we'll play similar with Keane, Gerrard, Torres and Babel and Im not ashamed to say that Rafa probably took the idea from Ferguson himself.

I'm also certain we are buying Barry to be a part of that. Shankslegend off RAWK who has contacts inside Anfield and predicted Torres, Keane and Mascherano now 2 weeks prior, reckons we're aiming for this.
----------Reina-----------------
Degen-Carragher--Agger--Dossena
-----Mascherano--Alonso------
Gerrard-----Keane-------Barry
----------Torres---------------

Which to me, looks pretty scary. With Degen and Dossena down the wings as fullbacks. Babel and Barry switchable (and Barry able to cover all sorts of positions if need be as well).

We'll see though.

I agree in the modern game the role of the winger has changed, they tend to play inside a bit more. United do play with wingers though, just because players inter-change it does not alter the shape of the team. That liverpool lineup has everything except for pace out wide. I'd much rather have babel in that position than barry as he's going to run at & beat people. Barry is most effective at controlling the game from the centre but you have macherano to do that anyway. I'd also rather have gerrard in the centre but he is fairly effective on the right.

The Messiah
11th August '08, 01:22 PM
That liverpool lineup has everything except for pace out wide. I'd much rather have babel in that position than barry as he's going to run at & beat people. Barry is most effective at controlling the game from the centre but you have macherano to do that anyway. I'd also rather have gerrard in the centre but he is fairly effective on the right.

Grimes
11th August '08, 01:43 PM
i agree with webstarr and TM

Hij
11th August '08, 03:32 PM
But we're talking about Rafa, he'll put Babel, Ngog and Gerrard out on the flanks when we need pace and Kuyt and Barry when we need considered play.

Hij
11th August '08, 03:33 PM
I agree in the modern game the role of the winger has changed, they tend to play inside a bit more. United do play with wingers though, just because players inter-change it does not alter the shape of the team. That liverpool lineup has everything except for pace out wide. I'd much rather have babel in that position than barry as he's going to run at & beat people. Barry is most effective at controlling the game from the centre but you have macherano to do that anyway. I'd also rather have gerrard in the centre but he is fairly effective on the right.

Dossena and Degan have pace and will be overlapping FYI

Nine Bar
11th August '08, 03:38 PM
lol people dont understand how effective Barry is on the wing.

Hij
11th August '08, 03:43 PM
lol people dont understand how effective Barry is on the wing.

I know how effective he is, but I also know hes nowhere near as dynamic as Babel and Gerrard are.

Although I think he'd improve our team immensley.

The Messiah
11th August '08, 03:58 PM
I know how effective he is, but I also know hes nowhere near as dynamic as Babel and Gerrard are.

Although I think he'd improve our team immensley.

So would Silva.

Anonymous
11th August '08, 04:55 PM
So would Silva.

I agree with you about Liverpool needing more width/wingers.

'nuum general
11th August '08, 06:39 PM
I doubt liverpool have the cash for silva, he's surely heading towards the 25m mark. I think downing would be a good signing for them *waits for hij to laugh*, he's got strong delivery with both feet, good set pieces with his left foot & he's very direct. He's more within your price range as well

Grimes
11th August '08, 07:06 PM
valencia are poor

silva will cost barry's valuation

bonald
11th August '08, 10:05 PM
yh the l'pool board are dodge

but liverpool's team is fucking hard on paper
dunno if they can do tht in a match but we'll see.

arsenal > liverpool SCHTILL.

Hij
12th August '08, 02:05 PM
So would Silva.

I'd rather someone experienced in the Premiership. I don't want him fucking up because everyones out muscyling him (see Reyes) in November, but saying 'Its ok its his first season in England and hes adapting'

I want to sign players who will slot in, straight away, Barry would do that.

'nuum general
12th August '08, 06:07 PM
I think silva is a different class altogether to reyes when he joined arsenal.

Grimes
12th August '08, 06:09 PM
i don't think silva is that good IMO but atleast he plays on the wing like prez t

Grimes
12th August '08, 06:38 PM
it doesn't look like silva will come prem anyway

Quality Control
12th August '08, 06:45 PM
i swear Man Utd bidded for Silva

Grimes
12th August '08, 07:05 PM
got rejected

Ransom
12th August '08, 09:03 PM
silva doesn't want to go england, he agent said the only club he wants to go to is baraca or Madrid

Hij
12th August '08, 09:04 PM
Good. I don't want Silva.

Grimes
12th August '08, 09:13 PM
who do u want

Ransom
12th August '08, 09:19 PM
who do u want

T.I

Hij
12th August '08, 10:29 PM
who do u want

Someone strong, with Premiership experience, knows the deal and who will settle in immediately. No excuses for playing in a different league.

Its Benitez' 5th year, I don't want any more signings who will be good in a couple seasons, I want someone to come in and settle now.

If we're talking left sided, I want Barry. If it turns out we cannot afford him, I'd settle for Downing, but Downing doesn't have the versatility of Barry. Nor do I rate him that much.

Why is Barry good? Hes established, experienced and captain of his current (or previous club). He can deliver a good corner or a free kick (crossing wise) and allow Gerrard to be situated in the box where he should be for a corner. He's excellent at penalties and can fit in at left back, centre midfield, left wing and left forward. He also has excellent positional sense and like Keane will surely improve our level of possession this season, playing simple balls when needed. He doesn't dawdle with the ball like Alonso does and get caught out for being too slow.

This is why I rate Barry and Im certain its why Benitez does too- and I think if he signs, this'll be proved to be correct.

Blackdown
12th August '08, 10:58 PM
I'm sure Barry will sign at the last minute...

The Messiah
12th August '08, 11:01 PM
I think silva is a different class altogether to reyes when he joined arsenal.

Like everyone has said he doesn't want to come anyway.

Why is Barry good? Hes established, experienced [...]
This is why I rate Barry and Im certain its why Benitez does too- and I think if he signs, this'll be proved to be correct.

No one said Barry isn't good. No one will disagree with what you've said, however Gerrard can do most of those things, but someone with pace and trickery to beat a player and provide a killer pass/cross is something which I think Liverpool lack. Yeah, you've got forwards and Gerrard who can do it , but you need another midfielder who can do the same. Barry is good, but he's no Robben/Silva.

quality
12th August '08, 11:06 PM
Well there's rumours about Joe Cole. Personally I'm a huge fan, he's wasted playing wide left for England, a front three of him, Torres and Keane could be lethal. I just dislike Liverpool, wouldn't like to see him there.

'nuum general
12th August '08, 11:06 PM
liverpool need penetration not steady eddies imo. Barry would not offer them as much as a downing in this sense. Yes he's versatile but with the size of squad liverpool have their not desperate for cover. I guess only time will tell.

The Messiah
12th August '08, 11:09 PM
Well there's rumours about Joe Cole. Personally I'm a huge fan, he's wasted playing wide left for England, a front three of him, Torres and Keane could be lethal. I just dislike Liverpool, wouldn't like to see him there.

Joe Cole would be very good for Liverpool.

Can't imagine him wanting to leave London though.

Grimes
12th August '08, 11:20 PM
rafa is very enigmatic and normally he has come throught for liverpool but i'm getting tired of it personally, constantly questioning if rafa is doing what is best for the club.

Hij
13th August '08, 12:53 AM

Like everyone has said he doesn't want to come anyway.

No one said Barry isn't good. No one will disagree with what you've said, however Gerrard can do most of those things, but someone with pace and trickery to beat a player and provide a killer pass/cross is something which I think Liverpool lack. Yeah, you've got forwards and Gerrard who can do it , but you need another midfielder who can do the same. Barry is good, but he's no Robben/Silva.

We'll agree to disagree. I think the assists that Barry could bring would be well worth it. We were shit poor at corners last season, Im certain we'll gain 6-7 goals just from him crossing them into Gerrard/Agger.

Hij
13th August '08, 12:54 AM
rafa is very enigmatic and normally he has come throught for liverpool but i'm getting tired of it personally, constantly questioning if rafa is doing what is best for the club.

Why?

The Premier League is arguably the hardest competition to win. We keep getting closer, thats fine by me.

Eric Cantona
13th August '08, 12:56 AM
There is growing speculation in the English media that Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole could move to Liverpool.

http://www.goal.com/en/BreakingNews.aspx?IdSezione=533

Would be great player for Liverpool if this did ever happen

Hij
13th August '08, 12:58 AM
Its been all over RAWK.co.uk

Joe Cole is a londoner, supports Chelsea don't he and I can't see why he'd want to move to us?

Would take him in an instant and instead of Barry, but cannot see Chelsea selling him? Surely?

The Messiah
13th August '08, 01:08 AM
There is growing speculation in the English media that Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole could move to Liverpool.

http://www.goal.com/en/BreakingNews.aspx?IdSezione=533

Would be great player for Liverpool if this did ever happen

Its been all over RAWK.co.uk

Joe Cole is a londoner, supports Chelsea don't he and I can't see why he'd want to move to us

I agree Hij, he's a proper Londoner. That said, if he did sign for Liverpool, I'd immediately go and find a bookies with decent odds and place a bet for Liverpool to win the title.

Hij
13th August '08, 01:15 AM
I agree Hij, he's a proper Londoner. That said, if he did sign for Liverpool, I'd immediately go and find a bookies with decent odds and place a bet for Liverpool to win the title.

You're kidding?

Besides, we're only at 7/1 this season. Usually we are at 11's or 12's.

The Messiah
13th August '08, 01:57 AM
You're kidding?

Besides, we're only at 7/1 this season. Usually we are at 11's or 12's.

Nope. 7/1 is still good enough to make a 10 bet worthwhile unlike placing a bet on Chelsea or United:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/08/10/the_odds_dont_lie_when_the_big.html

Hij
13th August '08, 02:28 AM
Ya read all these articles. And Im confident our team is capable of beating at least the 16 teams not involved in the 'Top Four'. Its never as straight forward as this (and bear this in mind when replying to this post), but ultimately beating the other teams is key to the title over the 6 pointers (regardless of how important they are at the business end of the season).

Chelsea - Win at Home, Lose Away
Arsenal - Draw at Home, Lose Away
Man U - Lose at Home, Lose Away

= 4 points.

Draws Home and Away against
Tottenham
Manchester City
Portsmouth
Everton

= 4 points multiplied by 2 = 8

Wins Home and Away Against
Hull City
Stoke
WBA
Wigan
Bolton
Blackburn
Aston Villa
Fulham
Middlesbrough
Newcastle
Sunderland
West Ham United

= 36 points multiplied by 2 = 72

= 84 points

Has us 3 points off United. Infact, when you put it that way, Im completely wrong, it is the 6 pointers that are absolutely crucial.

I can't wait. I'd love us to win the first 7 in a row, put some pressure on all the other teams (that would involve beating the Mancs).

Hij
13th August '08, 02:30 AM
We need a season of upsets and stuff if we are going to win the league, realistically.

Grimes
13th August '08, 10:33 AM
i dn't think liverpool will ever win the league unless they atleast draw or beat man utd at home

The Messiah
13th August '08, 11:26 AM
i dn't think liverpool will ever win the league unless they atleast draw or beat man utd at home

Assuming United get similar results to Liverpool elsewhere, losing to them twice is a 6 point disadvantage.

Need to take points off them.

Hij
13th August '08, 01:54 PM
Assuming United get similar results to Liverpool elsewhere, losing to them twice is a 6 point disadvantage.

Need to take points off them.
True that.

Gonna be interesting. Really need to win the first 3 before we play United.

Grimes
13th August '08, 02:47 PM
if u lose this time it will have to be a real eye opener.

'nuum general
13th August '08, 06:10 PM
I think hij is doing villa a disservice putting them in with the shit teams

Hij
13th August '08, 07:17 PM
I think hij is doing villa a disservice putting them in with the shit teams

Switch them with someone else then. Theres always 4 really really tough teams.

'nuum general
13th August '08, 07:30 PM
I also don't reckon you'll win that many away games. bare in mind you may be resting players for champions league you may well be held by/lose to a couple of other teams

Grimes
13th August '08, 07:33 PM
we beat aston villa and drew with them (outplayed them second time when we drew). liverpool are superior.

Birmingham,Man utd, chelsea, Arsenal = never beat all season

west ham , reading and manchester united = beat us this season

Grimes
13th August '08, 07:35 PM
liverpool was pretty good away from home last season could be better , 4th best in the league improvement from last season.

Ransom
13th August '08, 07:53 PM
4th best in the league this season , would actually be an achievement for Liverpool

Blacksterz
13th August '08, 10:38 PM
4th best in the league this season , would actually be an achievement for Liverpool

shatap!

I hate Joe Cole, but he would be good for us.
Barry is expensive, but Hij's argument has almost persuaded me why Rafa could be right. Although, we'll lose a few players if we get him

Hij
14th August '08, 12:16 AM
I also don't reckon you'll win that many away games. bare in mind you may be resting players for champions league you may well be held by/lose to a couple of other teams
Read the post again.

I said obviously it won't work out like that.

For every team you draw/lose against below you need to make the point up above. But please, read the first part of the post.

Hij
14th August '08, 12:17 AM
shatap!

I hate Joe Cole, but he would be good for us.
Barry is expensive, but Hij's argument has almost persuaded me why Rafa could be right. Although, we'll lose a few players if we get himWith Alonso defiantely staying, I wonder if we will see Barry in January for a reduced price.

DTI
25th August '08, 05:02 PM
We need a season of upsets and stuff if we are going to win the league, realistically.

Real Talk, Liverpool are on the same level as portsmouth in terms of a title push

Hij
25th August '08, 05:07 PM
Real Talk, Liverpool are on the same level as portsmouth in terms of a title pushlol
hype talk

Grimes
26th August '08, 11:01 AM
LOL, there a fat difference between LIVERPOOL and the top 4 wannabes. We crushed every team.

The reason why we came 4th was solely on our draws thanks to our inability to nick games which we are learning to do now!!!

Hij
26th August '08, 01:35 PM
LOL, there a fat difference between LIVERPOOL and the top 4 wannabes. We crushed every team.

The reason why we came 4th was solely on our draws thanks to our inability to nick games which we are learning to do now!!!Also failing to get the second goal.

See Wigan match where Bramble scored for instance.

Grimes
27th August '08, 09:58 PM
liverpool are playing cack.

we are dangerously close to uefa cup competition

Xtra P
27th August '08, 10:13 PM
Torres or Garrard will come up with a last minute goal in true Liverpool fasion.

Edit: Or even Kuyt :D

Arkan
27th August '08, 10:17 PM
liverpool dont deserve to go through.
if you cant beat a belgian club, well your just not man enough for group stages.

But as fucking usual if they go through they'll win the bloody thing.
And benitez will be calle the greatest manager ever...yawn yawn!

Hij
27th August '08, 10:38 PM
liverpool dont deserve to go through.
if you cant beat a belgian club, well your just not man enough for group stages.

But as fucking usual if they go through they'll win the bloody thing.
And benitez will be calle the greatest manager ever...yawn yawn!

Why do you buy a goalkeeper? To stop goals.
Why do you buy a defender? To stop goals.
Why do you buy a midfielder like Babel? To put a cross in.
Why do you buy a striker like Dirk Kuyt? To score.

End of story.

Standard Liege put up an amazing fight, comparable to an FA Cup tie and deserve MASSIVE credit. The fact your disappointed we didn't go out, doesn't deter the fact that Champions find a goal when they need one (when Arsenal went to the final a few years ago, Ashley Cole had to seal it with a header in the group stages).

FYI, we lost to Graz in a 3rd Qualfying Round in the Champions League and Michael Owen never played a minute, he left for 'World Class Trophies' and he won fuck all and we won a European Cup.

Fuck Standard Liege, fuck the commentators, we needed to win and we did? Lucky? Fuck off we didn't concede in 210 minutes.

Hij
27th August '08, 10:48 PM

4 European Cup Wins

Winners 2005
Finalists 2007
Semi Finals 2008

GrimePays
27th August '08, 10:50 PM
liverpool are fucking lucky cunts

typical lucky cunts

The Messiah
27th August '08, 10:54 PM
At the end of the day:

Fuck Standard Liege, fuck the commentators, we needed to win and we did? Lucky? Fuck off we didn't concede in 210 minutes.

European football is all about not conceding. If you keep it tight at the back you will go far. Rangers showed it last season. Arsenal two seasons previous to that.

Hij
27th August '08, 10:54 PM
liverpool are fucking lucky cunts

typical lucky cuntsYou can't be consistently lucky.

Its akin to me watching Manchester United agaisnt Fulham or Blackburn or whoever last season and watch a fluke goal by Tevez/Rooney.

Thats what winners do. If Standard Liege were that good, they would have scored.

I raise my glass at the forum, down my beer and exit.

Hij
27th August '08, 10:55 PM
At the end of the day:

European football is all about not conceding. If you keep it tight at the back you will go far. Rangers showed it last season. Arsenal two seasons previous to that.

Thanks for that coz its true.

Shit performance from us admittedly, but regardless, we got the job done, and Ill look forward to the draw tomorrow. Scary, we were crap, they played out of their skin, but we're into the next round.

Grimes
27th August '08, 10:59 PM
not conceding at home still

27th August '08, 11:15 PM
At the end of the day, you can play really well for the majority of a match, but if you don't score as many goals as the other team you don't deserve to win.

bhagi
28th August '08, 12:06 AM
YNWA i can see another fairytale champs lge season with lpool man.

DTI
28th August '08, 09:15 AM
it must hurt liverpool fans that their manager regards the premier league as a secondary competition. I bet , given the choice, 99% of scousers would take the title over the champ league.

Hij
28th August '08, 04:56 PM
it must hurt liverpool fans that their manager regards the premier league as a secondary competition. I bet , given the choice, 99% of scousers would take the title over the champ league.

He regards all the competitions as top priority.

Come December/January, he will see where we are in all of them and then make one a priority over the other. If we are out of the title race in December, but still in the Champions League, I'd have no problem him making Champs League the priority.

Hardly helped last year where he had to qualify for the second round, or he would get sacked so the league took a back burner.