PDA

View Full Version : adel taraabt skill vs norwich **madness**

Mazer Rackham
5th January '12, 11:25 PM
tZ3Me8jmcPI

Julio Cesar
5th January '12, 11:26 PM
Got so gassed when he did that, Taarabt's too good for you!!!!!!!

Matt91
5th January '12, 11:27 PM
can't hack it

Julio Cesar
5th January '12, 11:31 PM
can't hack it

Best player in our last 3 games

Xtra P
5th January '12, 11:37 PM
Would have been even better if he crossed it in and a goal was scored.

Nigel
5th January '12, 11:38 PM
was a really useful bit of skill, seeing as they did get a clearance out of it.

Mr. Jefferies
5th January '12, 11:39 PM
Would have been even better if he crossed it in and a goal was scored.

i'm actually glad you said that lol because i was going to post 'if that had been ronaldo people would be saying there was no end product'.

BIGDON
5th January '12, 11:39 PM
not that special tbh did look like the Norwich players were just standing there

DTR
5th January '12, 11:50 PM
Sick.

GrimmyGrimGrim
5th January '12, 11:54 PM
sick!

he made it past half time!!

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 12:04 AM
was a really useful bit of skill, seeing as they did get a clearance out of it.

Hows the championship? Wooden seats comfortable?

sick!

Was thinking that myself tbh :laugh:

Tony Starks
6th January '12, 12:06 AM
There was no end product cos it was a good tackle not exactly Taarabts fault...end of the day theres not many players in the prem that would leave that situation with the ball when boxed in by two men.

We give Taarabt stick when he deserves it, now give credit where its due

MichaelTBH
6th January '12, 12:07 AM
lol @ Taarabt, bare man were gassing him up.

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 12:08 AM
lol @ Taarabt, bare man were gassing him up.

Lol @ you commenting from motd. He's been our best player last 3 games since he's come back into the side.

Rambo
6th January '12, 12:08 AM
no end product

victor moses>>>taarabt

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 12:10 AM
no end product

victor moses>>>taarabt

No end product in general or just that clip? Tony Starks summed it up perfectly. Taarabt is better than Moses swell IMO.

Nigel
6th January '12, 12:15 AM
no end product

victor moses>>>taarabt

C/S

JamieQpr, not bad, heard it takes a while to readjust coming back to then when you've spent a year on holiday in the Prem. Let me know in September please. :evilgrin:

Rambo
6th January '12, 12:16 AM
No end product in general or just that clip? Tony Starks summed it up perfectly. Taarabt is better than Moses swell IMO.

the clip, his end product was top notch last year, but ebanks blake constantly scored for us in the championship and hasn't cut it in the prem

Tony Starks
6th January '12, 12:17 AM
Moses>>>>

Still quite young and hes starting to show some consistency now

Taarabt has had a chance to prove himself as a premiership player with Spurs and QPR and hes fucked it up both times

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 12:21 AM
Your only c/s'ing it cos he came from palace. We'll beat you at your place like we have done the last two years. Have fun in mid table again this year.

Taarabt has had a chance to prove himself as a premiership player with Spurs and QPR and hes fucked it up both times
how has he fucked up his qpr chance? He had a poor start (motm vs Newcastle and good vs Chelsea though) but since he's come back he's really showing his potential and has become a team player. He's proving founders wrong with recent performances, our owner said he's not leaving either.

chris89
6th January '12, 12:21 AM
:woah:

Sick still tbh

I remember when he played for Spurs and he did some drag back nutmeg on someone :laugh:

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 12:23 AM
:woah:

Sick still tbh

I remember when he played for Spurs and he did some drag back nutmeg on someone :laugh:
Did it vs palace when he was on loan to us, he nutmegged Shaun Derry went past him, dragged it back and nutmegged him again. Ultimate pisstake.

chris89
6th January '12, 12:25 AM
Did it vs palace when he was on loan to us, he nutmegged Shaun Derry went past him, dragged it back and nutmegged him again. Ultimate pisstake.

Nah the one I'm talking about was definitely for Spurs

Matt91
6th January '12, 12:44 AM
HpAB9HALtR0

pretty much why he never made @ Spurs it in the first few mins

also i think the drag back nutmeg is @ 4:10

chris89
JamieQpr

lol at some of the names mentioned, Lee Young-Pyo, Ant Gardener & D. Bent lol

chris89
6th January '12, 12:47 AM
That was the one Lex

wud
6th January '12, 01:03 AM
that skill :stunned: >>>>>>>>

always rated taarabt, him and Boussoufa in the national team working together is quality to watch

OG1
6th January '12, 01:17 AM
taraabat>>>>>>>> should join aresnal tbh

El Asesino
6th January '12, 01:43 AM
woah

The Don
6th January '12, 03:23 AM
There was no end product cos it was a good tackle not exactly Taarabts fault...end of the day theres not many players in the prem that would leave that situation with the ball when boxed in by two men.

We give Taarabt stick when he deserves it, now give credit where its due

but

sick!

:lol::lol:

Scrappy123
6th January '12, 04:38 AM
Cool end product bro.

JamieQpr

Zoffie
6th January '12, 05:31 AM
Your only c/s'ing it cos he came from palace. We'll beat you at your place like we have done the last two years. Have fun in mid table again this year.

how has he fucked up his qpr chance? He had a poor start (motm vs Newcastle and good vs Chelsea though) but since he's come back he's really showing his potential and has become a team player. He's proving founders wrong with recent performances, our owner said he's not leaving either.

It's ridiculous that people are saying he should have just crossed it in.. lol The same people that complain with what the National Team serves up.

Taarabt's talent for me isn't in question, it makes me laugh when people think that he is not good enough in terms of talent for the EPL, especially compared to the most attacking players playing here. When someone's a bad boy.. it's one thing, but, when they are babies.. it's like.. grow up

Jackson
6th January '12, 09:47 AM
Swear there was talk he was going to like Madrid in the summer? :laugh::laugh:

Faurlin>Helguson>Smith>Taarabt

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 10:15 AM
Swear there was talk he was going to like Madrid in the summer? :laugh::laugh:

Faurlin>Helguson>Smith>Taarabt

Lol @ this shit, taarabt is more talented than faurlin. Smith doesn't even start he's a championship player, taarabt has more ability in his big toe than smith and helguson have put together.

MichaelTBH
6th January '12, 02:15 PM
Lol @ you commenting from motd. He's been our best player last 3 games since he's come back into the side.

3 games lol. Bare QPR fans were saying hes gonna rip the premier league. He aint done shit so far

quality
6th January '12, 02:19 PM
HpAB9HALtR0

Lol, that whole video is pretty much him crossing to the first man on the other team - who the fuck bothered making that? Next Zidane.

Zoffie
6th January '12, 04:26 PM
that skill :stunned: >>>>>>>>

always rated taarabt, him and Boussoufa in the national team working together is quality to watch

I was pissed that Boussoufa never made it at Chelsea, they sold him because of lack of height FFS

Zoffie
6th January '12, 04:39 PM
HpAB9HALtR0

also i think the drag back nutmeg is @ 4:10

chris89
JamieQpr

lol at some of the names mentioned, Lee Young-Pyo, Ant Gardener & D. Bent lol

Well how comes Bale found it difficult at Spurs?

When a player isn't given regular games they try to do too much in the small time they are given, that was a solid performance from Taarabt. Perhaps United should have sold Cristiano Ronaldo when he was being too over elaborate???

When Brazilian & expressive players want to stay away from England, a lot of the sentiments in this thread, reinforces their wisdom.

quality
6th January '12, 04:45 PM
Well how comes Bale found it difficult at Spurs?

Bale was good in his first season, that's often forgotten.

He found it difficult as he couldn't really defend and was an absolute pussy. He's been moved up the pitch and isn't as weak anymore (though still stays down too long for my liking). Simples.

When Brazilian & expressive players want to stay away from England, a lot of the sentiments in this thread, reinforces their wisdom.

Bollocks. People like expressive players, Taarabt and Barton are perfect team mates for each other - both think they're world beaters despite the fact they've never done anything at a high enough level to suggest that. He came to Spurs with an ego and a reputation he didn't deserve, murking in the Championship doesn't make him the next Zidane.

wud
6th January '12, 04:49 PM
I was pissed that Boussoufa never made it at Chelsea, they sold him because of lack of height FFS

Only knew him from Anderlecht & Anzhi tbh, when was he on Chelsea's books?

Looking at him and all the other players Anzhi have bought they're going to be a force in Europe if Krasnozhan (think thats his name) can get the most out of the squad.

Josh
6th January '12, 05:23 PM
Only knew him from Anderlecht & Anzhi tbh, when was he on Chelsea's books?

youth team days

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 05:24 PM
3 games lol. Bare QPR fans were saying hes gonna rip the premier league. He aint done shit so far

Considering he's been out for a while and the last 3 games hes played he's done well, how can you say he hasn't done shit when he was probably our best player in 5 out of 13 games, put that together with poor man management (hauled off at half time several times) I would say he's done well. You can lol at him being out best player in the last 3 games I dont really care, if thats the attitude you take then fair enough. It's easy to comment from motd I understand, but you dont see what he does during a match whilst I do. Fair enough he hasn't 'ripped up the league' but he's not been treated right and now he's back in the side he's showing that he can be a team player. Everybody knows the talent he possesses, just that his head is not always in the right place.

Scrappy123
6th January '12, 06:21 PM
Dembele>>>>>>Taarabt

Come at me bro JamieQpr:-D

GrimmyGrimGrim
6th January '12, 07:26 PM
"hauled off at half time"

lol nah, when it's not going his way he just walks off and gets the bus home

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 07:38 PM
"hauled off at half time"

lol nah, when it's not going his way he just walks off and gets the bus home
He walked off? He was subbed vs Fulham and then went home (smh but all is forgiven). Why let facts stand in the way though, he didn't get took off at Chelsea or Tottenham at half time either did he :dozey:

MoneyMan
6th January '12, 07:41 PM
c/s Jamie he has looked alright of late (although Jamie would say that :laugh:) but just didn't step up the way he was predicted to at all.

Best tekkers I have ever seen irl on a football pitch was/is this guy though:

2e5V11O1YUo

Sorry to derail bros but >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GrimmyGrimGrim
6th January '12, 07:42 PM
was he playing against Chelsea??

dont recall crosses hitting Cole and going out for a throw

^^ on a different note, McGeady does that trick every game lol

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 07:43 PM

Drogba two footed him and he also played the through ball that bosingwa ended up getting sent off for. Was your live stream a bit jumpy? Maybe thats why you didn't see him.

MoneyMan
6th January '12, 07:51 PM

^^ on a different note, McGeady does that trick every game lol

Taking the man for some Walcott out here!

and I've not seen McGeady for ages tbh, he had bare tricks at Celtic. I think he's got better as an allround player in Russia though.

wud
6th January '12, 07:54 PM
Taking the man for some Walcott out here!

and I've not seen McGeady for ages tbh, he had bare tricks at Celtic. I think he's got better as an allround player in Russia though.

russian league >>>>>

There's a ton of players there that are always doing skills lol. mcgeady is the only good thing to have came from scottish football

Julio Cesar
6th January '12, 07:56 PM
russian league >>>>>

There's a ton of players there that are always doing skills lol. mcgeady is the only good thing to have came from scottish football
http://www.myfootballfacts.com/5429.jpg

MoneyMan
6th January '12, 07:56 PM
russian league >>>>>

r/s - watch my boy James Forrest though, gonna be ODT in a few years and would be now in a better league tbh.

Anyway yeah Taraabt is decent lol.

Zoffie
9th January '12, 08:19 AM
Bale was good in his first season, that's often forgotten.

He found it difficult as he couldn't really defend and was an absolute pussy. He's been moved up the pitch and isn't as weak anymore (though still stays down too long for my liking). Simples.

Bollocks. People like expressive players, Taarabt and Barton are perfect team mates for each other - both think they're world beaters despite the fact they've never done anything at a high enough level to suggest that. He came to Spurs with an ego and a reputation he didn't deserve, murking in the Championship doesn't make him the next Zidane.

It's not forgotten, he started with a blaze, scoring free-kicks & all, but, that's really irrelevant isn't it, he was frozen out. Simples.
Also, when you remember, that when he came back into prominence, he did so, at left back, your argument falls down. Assou Ekotto was the regular starter, he got injured, Bale got the platform, came in, showed what he could do, when Assou came back, they moved Bale up.

That whole move from LB to LW wasn't the answer, after all it was you who pointed out that he had a good season (it was more a good 6 months) when he 1st moved to Spurs & what position did he do that in?? Yes. Left back.

Hmm

Taarabt isn't a Zidane type, both skillful North African descendant, Meghni is another in that mould, he is closer to Zidane in style as he is more slow paced. I've never heard anyone compare Adel to Zidane & the comparison is useless. Interestingly though, I heard a story that when scouts tried to present a case to sign Zidane for Spurs, Gerry Francis said he doesn't like him.

Championship or no, championship, he has more talent than a lot of players most people deem as EPL level players, it's just application because of his precocious nature that takes away from him.

quality
9th January '12, 10:11 AM
Let's say that Bale's excellent performances, as opposed to his good ones, have come on the wing - he plays better knocking it past his man than running into space. You noted it - the difference was application, Bale knuckled down and stopped being a pussy, Taarabt is wasting his talent (good footwork, good technically, but he's never going to be world class).

Francis said no to Zidane - but so did Ferguson, so swings and roundabouts and all that.

Mr Nasri
9th January '12, 10:39 AM
what i saw was a lack of end product

Zoffie
9th January '12, 11:03 AM
Let's say that Bale's excellent performances, as opposed to his good ones, have come on the wing - he plays better knocking it past his man than running into space. You noted it - the difference was application, Bale knuckled down and stopped being a pussy, Taarabt is wasting his talent (good footwork, good technically, but he's never going to be world class).

Francis said no to Zidane - but so did Ferguson, so swings and roundabouts and all that.

I won't say Bale's excellent performances have come at LW, because, I remember him having great performances before he made the switch.
As you mention, he plays well knocking it past his man & running into space...

Well the deeper you start out, the more space you have out in front of you right? I'm not saying Bale should be a LB, because there is potential for him to become a goalscorer.

...and If it were application in terms of Bale turning his fortunes around, then he wouldn't have got his place back due to circumstance like he did, I can't agree with that. It happens it's not just Spurs, you look at Daniel Sturridge at Chelsea, we couldn't hit a barn door, Sturridge was knocking 5 past Spurs in the reserves, scoring any time he started in the FA Cup. Ancelotti still didn't give him game time.

Taarabt, I wouldn't want at Chelsea because his emotions seem like a minefield. I am not singling out Tottenham, if Ferguson didn't want to pursue Zidane as well, it just re-emphasizes the point I made earlier about the lack of appreciation for more skilled players in the Premier League.

There is also a lack of trust from most managers in younger players regardless of talents, a lot of the managers won't risk losing by playing a somewhat "unproven" player, because their job is under threat, so they pick more experienced players & don't experiment as much with integrating youth.

Wenger & Ferguson, do it more, as job security hasn't really been an issue for them... perhaps

quality
9th January '12, 11:24 AM
I think Bale coming from deeper is wasted - yes more space, but less dangerous space. And ultimately he has less responsibility which is good for him - against Norwich, he was popping up across the pitch. Generally him and Lennon switch flanks as well, he wouldn't get the freedom at full back.

In terms of appreciation of skilled players, certainly that was the case even 10 years ago - when Gerrard and Essien were seen as the template for centre midfielders (powerful, dynamic etc). Nowadays with Modric, Mata, Wilshire, Silva etc I'd say that's shifted.

What Barcelona have shown is that you can't afford a passenger at the top level (that's not an English team putting pressure/going in hard/getting stuck in etc, its the best team in the world) - Taarabt is a passenger. And following on from Mr Nasri the only time Taarabt has consistently shown end product was in the Championship.

There is also a lack of trust from most managers in younger players regardless of talents, a lot of the managers won't risk losing by playing a somewhat "unproven" player, because their job is under threat, so they pick more experienced players & don't experiment as much with integrating youth.

I disagree. Bar the odd manager like Ancelotti, Pullis and Redknapp (since he left West Ham anyway), who seem to hate blooding players, a lot of managers use youth effectively. Moyes at Everton has brought players through (maybe he had no choice?), Southgate/McClaren at Middlesbrough, Pardew (selling all the big earners, buying cheaper younger replacements), Houllier at Villa (taking Bannan from the wilderness) etc.

Julio Cesar
9th January '12, 11:42 AM
quality Lol @ being a passenger, if you see this season he's constantly looking for the ball and passing it + trying to make things happen. He's been running the team recently, if you watched our matches you'd understand. He does have end product and is clearly more talented then a lot of players in the league and has done well for us, I hope our new manager can get the best out of him. Don't judge him by 1/2 matches/motd highlights and say he is a passenger.

quality
9th January '12, 11:49 AM
I saw him get subbed at half time when you played us.

He's talented with the ball at his feet, I'm not sure if that necessarily makes him a good player. To me, he doesn't seem to be making the most of his skill set. You go to the games though, I'll bow to your knowledge. I'm basically still pissed about how he was at Spurs. To quote Eamonn Dunphy - show pony.

Jay
9th January '12, 11:50 AM
@quality (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=745) Lol @ being a passenger, if you see this season he's constantly looking for the ball and passing it + trying to make things happen. He's been running the team recently, if you watched our matches you'd understand. He does have end product and is clearly more talented then a lot of players in the league and has done well for us, I hope our new manager can get the best out of him. Don't judge him by 1/2 matches/motd highlights and say he is a passenger.

This is bang on, i doubt many people have watched more than 2/3 full QPR matches this season, so can't really comment on the guy overall.

Zoffie
9th January '12, 12:02 PM
I think Bale coming from deeper is wasted - yes more space, but less dangerous space. And ultimately he has less responsibility which is good for him - against Norwich, he was popping up across the pitch. Generally him and Lennon switch flanks as well, he wouldn't get the freedom at full back.

In terms of appreciation of skilled players, certainly that was the case even 10 years ago - when Gerrard and Essien were seen as the template for centre midfielders (powerful, dynamic etc). Nowadays with Modric, Mata, Wilshire, Silva etc I'd say that's shifted.

What Barcelona have shown is that you can't afford a passenger at the top level (that's not an English team putting pressure/going in hard/getting stuck in etc, its the best team in the world) - Taarabt is a passenger. And following on from Mr Nasri the only time Taarabt has consistently shown end product was in the Championship.

I disagree. Bar the odd manager like Ancelotti, Pullis and Redknapp (since he left West Ham anyway), who seem to hate blooding players, a lot of managers use youth effectively. Moyes at Everton has brought players through (maybe he had no choice?), Southgate/McClaren at Middlesbrough, Pardew (selling all the big earners, buying cheaper younger replacements), Houllier at Villa (taking Bannan from the wilderness) etc.

Moyes is the 3rd longest serving manager in the EPL no?? Southgate wouldn't play Adam Johnson until Downing was injured, AJ eclipsed Downings performances then went back to the bench when Downing was fit again.

The reason why Southgate was hired in the first instance, was cost cutting, Middlesborough had bought in a lot of foreign imports, but, slowly they stopped buying as there wasn't the money and that's when you started to see the younger players.

Redknapp didn't buy the likes of Bale, Taarabt, KPB for Spurs they hadn't been used by Juande either, Kyle Walker really had to get exposure before he got given the chance.

Just generally in management you won't see, what Ferguson did by dropping Berbatov for Hernandez last season, without much pressure or a loan out to another club to prove himself, especially at the highest level. token appearances are meaningless, you can see with Welbeck that Ferguson isn't scared to do it at all.

As for your midfield analysis you are pointing to more creative players than skilled players, I am talking players that try skills & dribbles often.
Passenger? Adel was a passenger for them last season right?

Adel is not a passenger & check out Messi's game for Barcelona, everybody now loves to talk about Barcelona's pressing game & they automatically assume Messi is a hard worker. Even before his move centrally, he didn't track back or pressure like the rest, he was left to focus on attacking

Julio Cesar
9th January '12, 12:07 PM
I saw him get subbed at half time when you played us.

He's talented with the ball at his feet, I'm not sure if that necessarily makes him a good player. To me, he doesn't seem to be making the most of his skill set. You go to the games though, I'll bow to your knowledge. I'm basically still pissed about how he was at Spurs. To quote Eamonn Dunphy - show pony.
The match vs spurs was probably the worst I've ever seen him play, he was awful. At spurs he was a show pony and he was with us in his loan spell, however when warnock signed him he taught him to be a team player and he is slowly adjusting to the prem. If we get a striker who can finish the chances he creates then he'll get more recognition.

Mr Nasri
9th January '12, 03:23 PM
Moyes is the 3rd longest serving manager in the EPL no?? Southgate wouldn't play Adam Johnson until Downing was injured, AJ eclipsed Downings performances then went back to the bench when Downing was fit again.

The reason why Southgate was hired in the first instance, was cost cutting, Middlesborough had bought in a lot of foreign imports, but, slowly they stopped buying as there wasn't the money and that's when you started to see the younger players.

Redknapp didn't buy the likes of Bale, Taarabt, KPB for Spurs they hadn't been used by Juande either, Kyle Walker really had to get exposure before he got given the chance.

Just generally in management you won't see, what Ferguson did by dropping Berbatov for Hernandez last season, without much pressure or a loan out to another club to prove himself, especially at the highest level. token appearances are meaningless, you can see with Welbeck that Ferguson isn't scared to do it at all.

As for your midfield analysis you are pointing to more creative players than skilled players, I am talking players that try skills & dribbles often.
Passenger? Adel was a passenger for them last season right?

Adel is not a passenger & check out Messi's game for Barcelona, everybody now loves to talk about Barcelona's pressing game & they automatically assume Messi is a hard worker. Even before his move centrally, he didn't track back or pressure like the rest, he was left to focus on attacking

lies

quality
9th January '12, 03:34 PM
Zoffie I remember the Henry's last season, him, Messi and Eto had the highest fouls in La Liga - which suggests they were pressing...

Zoffie
9th January '12, 07:32 PM
Or maybe that as you would expect attackers are the worst at tackling in a team. You don't have to take my word for it, Guardiola said one of the reasons he switched Messi central is because he didn't want him away from the goal as much, they would prefer Villa does more tracking & pressuring that drags him out of the correct positions than Messi.