PDA

View Full Version : Money Spent to Success Ratio 2011

Clive Eboue
2nd January '12, 08:42 PM
Arsenal -43mil
Chelsea - 150mil
Spurs - 12mil
Liverpool - 116mil

outside the top two obviously. Inflated transfer fee's are taking the piss now but Liverpool have been bumped disgustingly for every mediocre player they have invested in lol 116mil to be scraping 6th, Chelsea as well tbh.

Saying that I would rather Arsenal spent money and won trophies for the short term, we've got players like Park and Mertesacker who I would not have bothered signing if we weren't in crisis mode at the time.

Who do you want to see join your teams in January, if anyone?

chris89
2nd January '12, 08:45 PM
I'm afraid it's not coming out of my pocket so I couldn't give a shit

Could you please include finances of your failed 6 year experiment including youth development costs and early learning centre scouting costs?

Clive Eboue
2nd January '12, 08:46 PM
Swear you got a season ticket? In that case it is.

Tony Starks
2nd January '12, 08:46 PM
I'm afraid it's not coming out of my pocket so I couldn't give a shit

Classic programmed City and Chelsea fan response

Julio Cesar
2nd January '12, 08:48 PM
I can confirm I am contributing to paying Danny Gabbidon's wages Hutch please tell me its not that bad

chris89
2nd January '12, 08:48 PM
I don't have a season ticket, but I do go to games occasionally, if I wasn't happy with the performances I wouldn't go, I used to go before Roman anyway so I'm quite used to being there in the awful 4th place position.

Could you please include finances of your failed 6 year experiment including youth development costs and early learning centre scouting costs?

Clive Eboue
2nd January '12, 08:50 PM
"if I wasn't happy with the performances then I wouldn't go."

said like a true Chelsea "fan" :laugh: surprised to see you don't have Aguero in your avi these days bro.

chris89
2nd January '12, 08:52 PM
"if I wasn't happy with the performances then I wouldn't go."

said like a true Chelsea "fan" :laugh: surprised to see you don't have Aguero in your avi these days bro.

Why would I contribute to a team that I believed didn't put the effort in? I am fine with the performances, sometimes it goes for you sometimes it doesn't, get on with it.

http://i.qkme.me/35mj8h.jpg

Hutch
2nd January '12, 08:53 PM
I can confirm I am contributing to paying Danny Gabbidon's wages Hutch please tell me its not that bad

You should ask for a 50% refund at least.

chris89
2nd January '12, 08:56 PM
Would be interesting to see money invested in wages on youth players and scouting over the same period though.

2nd January '12, 09:09 PM
Mertesacker is a classy defender, Clive.

A full back, playmaker, winger and striker is needed for us tbh.

Get rid of all the shit squaddies and play man like AOC more.

Clive Eboue
2nd January '12, 09:11 PM
Technically a good player, way too slow for the Premier League in my opinion. Also his positional play has been atrocious, he may as well be sitting in the crowd with the fans and a fucking pie mate smh.

Hutch
2nd January '12, 09:13 PM
Mertesacker is a classy defender

http://i54.tinypic.com/2dm15k.gif

chris89
2nd January '12, 09:14 PM
Thanks for answering my questions guys

Can you please confirm the rumour that your youth players are driving around in Bentley's by the age of 17 and lose passion for the game before they've even set foot on the pitch?

Clive Eboue
2nd January '12, 09:16 PM
Thanks for answering my questions guys

No, I won't let your mum out of my basement until she cleans all her excrement off the walls. Better?

chris89
2nd January '12, 09:18 PM
No, I won't let your mum out of my basement until she cleans all her excrement off the walls. Better?

:woah:

5* thread bro would read again, great debate ITT

Switch
2nd January '12, 10:24 PM

Get rid of all the shit squaddies and play man like AOC more..
but as we know the main players arsene will be getting in are the ones that are currently injured

bacary, jack, diaby, santos, jenkinson :laugh:, gibbs (i can only play 65 mins) will be our new additions plus henry

in order for arsene to show us he truly wants to win things again he needs to get in a higher class of player/s, these squillaccis, denilsons, chamables, almunia, diabys, etc aren't good enough and are consistently proving they aren't good enough

Mazer Rackham
2nd January '12, 10:31 PM

hes 6 ft 6 and clint dempsey outjumped him today lol

fail

Nigel
2nd January '12, 11:31 PM
Mertesackers got concrete shoes. Cant jump.

Chelsea need to revert to signing players just before they peak, rather than players at their peak. It might have worked well for when ambramovic took over, but now everyones getting older it don't work. Should bring back Zola, Vialli and Gullit to the coaching staff to get Sturridge and Lukaku to be the best strikers in the world, ever. Plus buy some more youngsters and actually play them :dozey: well thats more for all premiership sides

Switch
3rd January '12, 10:35 AM
hes 6 ft 6 and clint dempsey outjumped him today lol

failcahill (the little short arse from everton) constantly out jumped players taller than him, also eduardo used get good connections with headers and he's far from being the tallest, if a players has a good leap on him then height can become irrelevant in certain situations

Zoffie
3rd January '12, 11:16 AM
Mertesackers got concrete shoes. Cant jump.

Chelsea need to revert to signing players just before they peak, rather than players at their peak. It might have worked well for when ambramovic took over, but now everyones getting older it don't work. Should bring back Zola, Vialli and Gullit to the coaching staff to get Sturridge and Lukaku to be the best strikers in the world, ever. Plus buy some more youngsters and actually play them :dozey: well thats more for all premiership sides

1st coupla seasons Abramovich took over we bought the likes of Mutu, G.Johnson, Robben, Cech, Essien, Drogba etc All 25ish & under.. I agree that this is the way forward

vibezin
3rd January '12, 01:15 PM

Get rid of all the shit squaddies and play man like AOC more.

RT about the fullbacks

chris89
3rd January '12, 01:17 PM
1st coupla seasons Abramovich took over we bought the likes of Mutu, G.Johnson, Robben, Cech, Essien, Drogba etc All 25ish & under.. I agree that this is the way forward

We never really bought players at their peak, City are buying better players than we did, Drogba had only had a couple of seasons in the Europa when we bought him and Robben was still a young player.