PDA

View Full Version : Senna's Arsenal, Juventus and Fenerbache Snub

Eric Cantona
8th August '08, 05:40 PM
Euro 2008 star Marcos Senna has explained that he has snubbed offers from European giants: Juventus; Arsenal; and Fenerbache; but has decided to continue his work with La Liga runners up, Villarreal...

Sao Paulo born Senna, 32, only came to prominence in recent seasons, the year before Owen Hargreaves transferred to Manchester United from Bayern Munich, Sir Alex Ferguson was said to be so keen he was planning a raid on Villarreal.

After impressive performances in the 'Yellow Submarines'' march to second place in La Liga, and a good showing in the European Championships, and Arsenal boss Wenger looked at the adopted Spanish international to fill the void left by Diarra, Flamini, and Gilberto.

Marcos Senna though, in a sensational snub, has revealed that he turned down the gunners to stay true to the Spanish side.

The player is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying: "It is true I had offers from Arsenal, Juventus and Fenerbahce following the Euros, but I just want to stay at Villarreal where I am happiest. I hope this season we can fight for the Spanish title and I believe I can contribute to a team that is getting better and better."

He concluded: "Last season with Villarreal was incredible and then to win the European Championships was just the icing on the cake."

www.goal.com

Hij
8th August '08, 05:41 PM
Quality player. Didnt realise he was 32 though.

Pristine Condition
8th August '08, 06:08 PM
^^ true

I swear I read he was 27 somewhere.

RIP Jakey
8th August '08, 08:21 PM
I knew he was old, still woulda been a good signing. Woulda had a couple seasons in the 1st team before Denilson stepped up.

NaiJaBoY
8th August '08, 11:03 PM
ye right Arsene wanted to buy a 32 yr old player

loooool

Eric Cantona
9th August '08, 01:12 AM
What happened to the thread title lol.