PDA

View Full Version : Does any1 have any young cousins or brothers ect at a profesional football club?

zurich
27th December '11, 12:34 AM
What do they say it's like

What's the youngest a club will sign you now? And what are the terms

Do they pay the parents?

General discussion.

Julio Cesar
27th December '11, 12:41 AM
What do they say it's like

What's the youngest a club will sign you now? And what are the terms

Do they pay the parents?

General discussion.

3 of my cousins are at qpr, youngest being 8 and oldest being 13, don't think they pay the parents and not sure of the terms. I think they take you on a 6 week trial sort of thing before they allow you to train permanently, think they evaluate their progress on a term by term basis and have the option to let you go at the end of the term.

DTR
27th December '11, 12:41 AM
Grandad COULD have played for Sheffield United, he was training with them, and one time he broke his leg and was never the same player he used to be, so they let him go.

True story.

Mr. Jefferies
27th December '11, 12:54 AM
Grandad COULD have played for Sheffield United, he was training with them, and one time he broke his leg and was never the same player he used to be, so they let him go.

True story.

lol i think he means today mate, not 50 years ago. n/s.

Matt91
27th December '11, 01:08 AM
I would happily play for arsenal if it meant I could be a pro baller

:gag:

Oh I know no-one cos they all turnt to drink & drugs like I guess so many good young footballers do, especially at 16+

I know a guy who plays in the Rymans Prem League tho

chris89
27th December '11, 01:28 AM

True story.
Similar thing happened with my grandad but Middlesbrough lol

The Don
27th December '11, 01:38 AM
foster brother was at brentford till recently (u12/13 now)

no pay or anything at that level at least

arsenal take you at 7 afaik

out there
27th December '11, 01:43 AM
no family

but i work with micheal thomas's brother

Samir_NasG
27th December '11, 11:29 AM
Cousins signed a contract with Forest till he's 18. Currently in year 10. They will give him 25 a week and help him through college when he leaves school. Think it means another team can't buy him if he gets that far without paying a fee,

M.O.G.
27th December '11, 01:10 PM
My mate Scott was on West Hams books, they let him go though...he's now playing in the Isthman League (think thats how you spell it)

BIGLEE
27th December '11, 01:11 PM
Lil cousin is at arsenal u13s.

Rambo
27th December '11, 01:41 PM
i played for west brom under 13's

had trials for villa, wolves and derby too.

L.E.V
27th December '11, 02:53 PM
My cousin is at chelsea

Samir_NasG
27th December '11, 03:07 PM
ITT everybody knows somebody... lol!

my mate sister got a train ran on her by Hungary u17s. Apparently the next Puskas was the 3rd stop on the train.

EA
27th December '11, 03:09 PM
My friend got dropped by Spurs in the summer. He shots now lul

Nigel
27th December '11, 03:53 PM
My brothers mate plays for brighton u15s or 16s. said he dont get any pay apart from travel expenses, gets meals before matches though, free kit, training gears, boots ect.

Did say though they try make the kids go into specific colleges and shit and do specific courses, wanted this boy to do sports and stuff, but he and a few others wanna do more academic stuff incase they dont make good p doing footie.

Shower Posse
27th December '11, 03:56 PM
My lil nephew is in the chelsea academy
I have no idea how much he is getting tbh