PDA

View Full Version : Belgium have potentially one of the best squads in Europe.

Nigel
18th December '11, 03:27 PM
Seriously, look at their squad and the potential in which it holds.

Thibault Coutois in goal, at 19 years old hes holding it down in La Liga, definatly Cechs replacement.

Their defence, Kompany, Vermaelen, with Alderweireld and Vertonghen two top young full backs.

The midfields sick, Dembele, Hazard, Witsel, Defour, Fellaini.

Then Jelle Voosen and Lukaku up front.

Not many other countries have a team with such potential in it, plus with the players playing all over Europe they will be picking up a variety of skills and styles of play that could, imo, give Belgium a future footballing legacy similar to that of other smaller footballing nations such as Holland, Portugal ect. (smaller as in population wise)

18th December '11, 03:29 PM
yeah thats what im sayin i dunno why they didnt qualify for the euros tbh

Samir_NasG
18th December '11, 03:30 PM
A lot of talent but it's just about whether they click or not tbh. They'll always get hard qualifying groups because of their FIFA ranking.

p.s. Vermaelen plays LB for Belguim.

Alter E-ghost
theyre good but theyre not outstanding imo. they have experience in daniel vab buyten as well, in years to come they might be a very tricky side to face though. even now they are no walk in the park,

Sosa
i like playing with them on fifa tbh

EA
18th December '11, 03:43 PM
If Hazard and Lukaku develop how we all expect them to, Belgium will be dangerous in the final third.

BIGLEE
18th December '11, 04:49 PM
They didn't qualify for euros? Lol

MoneyMan
18th December '11, 07:56 PM
c/s, they definitely have the potential - whether they will realise it or not is a different matter.

Hazard didn't step up like people said he would in the CL for Lille and Lukkaku hasn't done much in the admittedly little time he's had on the pitch at Chelsea.

The good thing they've got going for them is they should get left alone by the press, in total oppositition to the way anyone with an inch of talent from England is immediately pounced upon and proclaimed "The next Beckham/Rooney/Gerrard/Lampard" :dozey:

Romelu Lukaku
18th December '11, 07:57 PM
Fucking love Lukaku...N/H.

The Don
18th December '11, 08:30 PM
If Hazard and Lukaku develop how we all expect them to, Belgium will be dangerous in the final third.

i love how much he seems to be obsessed with chelsea, and i hope i'm wrong

but i'll be surprised if lukaku develops to the standard that football manager his agent and chelsea seem to expect

he's strong, that's it

EA
18th December '11, 08:35 PM
i love how much he seems to be obsessed with chelsea, and i hope i'm wrong

but i'll be surprised if lukaku develops to the standard that football manager his agent and chelsea seem to expect

he's strong, that's it

His goal scoring record at Anderlecht shouldn't be forgotten though. He's only 18 so he's got enough time to get used to English football and find his scoring touch.

Samir_NasG
18th December '11, 08:45 PM
Vermaelen, Kompany, Fellaini, Lukaku. What a spine!!

Hutch
18th December '11, 08:47 PM
Lukaku has 4 goals in 4 games for the reserves (obviously I know it's a lower standard) but he's only started 3 times for the first team in the carling cup. Can't really base anything on that, he's one for the future anyway.

18th December '11, 09:25 PM
Vermaelen, Kompany, Fellaini, Lukaku. What a spine!!

Witsel shits on Fellaini tbh.

Nigel
18th December '11, 09:40 PM
People forget Lukakus age aswell. He's doing similar to what Rooney was at 18, I reckon Rooney may not have even got that many goals for anderlecht.

Romelu Lukaku
18th December '11, 09:43 PM
Lukaku ain't just strong!! His speed is sick and his finishing is unreal!

He smashed the Belgian league, at a very young age...has over 10 caps at international level.

He should move up the pecking order when Anelka goes in January but I don't see why he can't be coming on as a sub for time being...It's the same with MacEchran, it seems like AVB just aint got faith in these kids.

18th December '11, 09:46 PM
lol

Lukaku = Jason Scotland II

chris89
18th December '11, 09:49 PM
Lukaku has looked like a waste of space any time he's played for us tbh

Romelu Lukaku
18th December '11, 10:11 PM
Lukaku has looked like a waste of space any time he's played for us tbh

He's had one bad game, all the other times his hold up play has been sick and he's got into good positions.

He's been no worse than Torres tbh!

The Don
18th December '11, 11:42 PM
lol na, i missed most of his time on the ball in his last game v 'pool but he's been shit

just basic technical things aren't there - touch shooting crossing

hope i'm wrong though and in jan he should get a proper chance

JamesC
18th December '11, 11:46 PM
Witsel shits on Fellaini tbh.

No he dont.. He's good, but Fellaini beenplaying better and in a better league

Is Witsel even Belgium?

18th December '11, 11:50 PM
No he dont.. He's good, but Fellaini beenplaying better and in a better league

Is Witsel even Belgium?
:stunned::laugh:

#Fail

Witsel has been playing sick for Benfica (last time i checked) and has more to his game than Fellaini does. Plus he can get stuck in when he needs to Paul Scholes stylee... :laugh::evilgrin:

_NuERX-5kc0

Look at mans leg in the still... lulu...

GrimmyGrimGrim
19th December '11, 12:37 AM
Lukaku doesn't look all that tbh lol

at least he's got the right attitude

probably wont have the technical ability of Drogba

Zoffie
19th December '11, 03:18 AM
I did say before he came not to be overly excited about Lukaku, Lukaku is used to scoring & it won't surprise me if when he gets his chance to play in an extended run for Chelsea he gets some goals, but, Darren Bent has that same goal getting quality Lukaku has, it's not enough.

Lukaku needs to learn how to be a menacing bully & leverage his physique more.
We should never sell Lukaku, I agree with all of your critiques, I think what happened is, he began playing & doing well at 16 & did represent a very good prospect for like 2m/3m. What we eventually paid was way too much, but can be justified in the length of his service here.

Kalou has represented a great squad player over all of these years, Lukaku is more determined than Kalou is & his mentality is his best asset, players like G.Neville, Lampard, they put in overtime to make sure they were good enough for the top level.

Samir_NasG
19th December '11, 10:43 PM
Different players but Fellaini has a much bigger presence.