PDA

View Full Version : Apparently one of the greatest English talents of the golden generation...

Samir_NasG
18th December '11, 11:58 AM
http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2011/12/11/taxman-tried-to-force-ex-aston-villa-star-lee-hendrie-into-bankruptcy-97319-29934364/

Member seeing Gerrard say they all looked up to him. Sad story.

BIGLEE
18th December '11, 12:17 PM
Who cares?

Samir_NasG
18th December '11, 12:29 PM
Who cares?

obviously you as you posted.

The Don
18th December '11, 12:50 PM
he scored some bangers still, sad

a come down like that must be mad difficult to adjust to

Samir_NasG
18th December '11, 01:09 PM
he scored some bangers still, sad

a come down like that must be mad difficult to adjust to

Serious. Seems like a lot of young English talents fall into the trap of the flashy lifestyle.

M.O.G.
18th December '11, 01:15 PM
I remember seeing him on that programme that was hosted by Harvey where they went to footballers houses and he had a nice place, he's pissed....living in a caravan like El Asesino and having to sell his england cap to pay the site rental

Swear, I cant remember which one but also a young Tottenham striker with a bright future basically gave up football to become a fully fledged member of the barmy army...iirc it was Rory Allen but im not 100%

Edit: Yeah it was Rory

Rory retired from the game in 2002 aged 25, He left to go and see The Ashes in Australia

BIGLEE
18th December '11, 01:28 PM
I don't feel sorry for guys like him tbh.

Nigel
18th December '11, 01:28 PM
Happens to too many players who are brought up thinking that football will set them up for life and not worry about learning other stuff.

Hendrie was a good player too, should have been in the England side when we had problems on the left side instead of Trevor Sinclair.