PDA

View Full Version : Hij's Spreadsheets

Hij
15th December '11, 08:03 PM
Gonna post them all in here

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/601/resultscomparison.png

chris89
15th December '11, 08:11 PM
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/public/rGb1t9wP60_A7fN1IpKp9EZlGluhkrGsjn4W1WMS0jLYw8JDwi WGS2E5FJcbB-xF4wwuri4g2tYfIwM2mHHewzLKjS-ecjyqp4ypC81d6EJaHH0PkkZ8KGNxT2UOh8xC8STidVbqLg-hSSKSRdHF7xyuOTgr0Worsw-TfPkV7v60ynwVYxAGiFk

I was gonna get this mug lool

got this one instead

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/public/3jHL8nTucUcRdAW1JancdahRruvgS2V2z14IaW1lcO0nHOBRat phmCb-MpsEdDRDAdGtKfcqrD1T-AnRsuuiCFMlJWwnO_Tq_qBoN3AFvyzABYCm5Ks-ezmDA284LlOD981u6_EvCNEbZZD9us0vi1cUQabsHzrN_3Z8zF wmpyKbIBhPwccyM28

Hij
15th December '11, 08:19 PM
I could do my spreadsheets while drinking out that mug :laugh:

chris89
15th December '11, 08:21 PM
I have my computer one next to me right now while writing a dissertation about computers, on a computer.

Hij
19th December '11, 04:46 PM
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4030/anotherhijspreadsheet.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/anotherhijspreadsheet.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Jay
19th December '11, 05:18 PM
isthisreallife.jpg

Hij
19th December '11, 05:33 PM
Yeah it is bro.jpg

Xtra P
19th December '11, 05:59 PM
lol.jpg

Burden Durden
19th December '11, 06:10 PM
Wtf is this shit looool.

Hij
19th December '11, 06:12 PM
No one laughed at the first one :laugh:

Burden Durden
19th December '11, 06:12 PM
Spend a year in pen...come out and make spreadsheets.

chris89
19th December '11, 06:14 PM

:laugh:

Don't even know what's funny about this but it made me laugh, inb4ban

Hij
19th December '11, 06:15 PM
:laugh:

Jay
19th December '11, 06:24 PM
Im unsure of what most f this spreadsheet means or is supposed to mean?

Whats the findings of this hij? Would it be any use to anyone other than teams in the "top 6".

Danielson
19th December '11, 06:25 PM
Gonna post them all in here

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/601/resultscomparison.png

http://vibeus.wippiespace.com/pictures/gifs/applaud.gif

Hij
19th December '11, 06:29 PM
Of no use to anyone outside the top 6. I post this up on RAWK so obviously people are interested in Liverpools level

There are loads of other spreadsheets like this for all sorts of shit (the opposite being performance against the lower teams) - I find this sort of stuff interesting so rather than create a few threads - I'll just throw anything I find interesting in here and if you don't like spreadsheets you'll know not to click!

Just one observation is that the likes of United/Chelsea/Liverpool have a lot more "easy" games coming up than difficult ones than say Man City

akshay
19th December '11, 09:51 PM
bravo

but this cant be real life

Hij
20th December '11, 03:35 AM
It's not that bad, your talking to the same guy that spent ages building the Grimepedia

El Asesino
20th December '11, 03:46 AM
Lol you're a strange guy Hij. But, and I know I'm asking the right person, do you have access to an up-to-date mock up of what the league would look like if every shot that hit the woodwork had gone in?

I know we'd be flying :laugh:

Hij
20th December '11, 04:08 AM
I saw one 2 weeks back we'd be 4th.

quality
20th December '11, 10:11 AM
Its a good thing those shots were off target then really.

Hij
20th December '11, 01:30 PM
Its a good thing those shots were off target then really.Fair point we are talking in inches rather than blasted wide of the post though. It's only an indication of how much better we have played, and had chances created than it will have appeared to people who don't take an interest in us and only see league position.Suarez has hit the wood work 6 times :laugh:Like when we talk about Henderson's that curls around and then rolls on the line, thats literally an inch out :(The table was based on everyone's strikes of the woodwork as well.

El Asesino
20th December '11, 01:42 PM
I saw one 2 weeks back we'd be 4th.

:(

quality
20th December '11, 01:43 PM
Fair point we are talking in inches rather than blasted wide of the post though. It's only an indication of how much better we have played, and had chances created than it will have appeared to people who don't take an interest in us and only see league position.Suarez has hit the wood work 6 times :laugh:Like when we talk about Henderson's that curls around and then rolls on the line, thats literally an inch out :(The table was based on everyone's strikes of the woodwork as well.

Its so arbitrary though, it would be like having a what if the keeper hadn't made a really good save table.

Hij
20th December '11, 01:45 PM
Its so arbitrary though, it would be like having a what if the keeper hadn't made a really good save table.

Then we'd be 2nd mate :laugh:

Seriously, we've battered goals and come away with fuck all at least 4 times. Someone's even done a Youtube compilation.

quality
20th December '11, 01:51 PM
Then we'd be 2nd mate :laugh:

Seriously, we've battered goals and come away with fuck all at least 4 times. Someone's even done a Youtube compilation.

Then there's an issue with your finishing. Its not luck or otherwise imo. If you were conceding loads of goals, it would be your defense's fault. If you're missing lots of chances its your...

Hij
20th December '11, 01:58 PM
It's not as cut and dry as that and you've taken up a lofty position of devil's advocate, same of which I would take up if you were arguing for this as well - so its a non argument.

Missing the fucking goal completely is an issue with finishing. Making no chances at all is worse (see the Hodgson reign)- battering the goal all game sometimes and it not going in despite coming off the bar, or turned onto the post by the keeper sometimes is just fucking unlucky.

The same way that Man United winning 8-2 wasn't all down to their finishing but virtually every shot going in. Suarez two shots on Sunday are without a doubt unlucky, rather than an issue with his finishing. He takes the keeper out of the game with the chip and it's an inch out.

Also scoring isn't always about finishing either as weird as that sounds, because the alternative is you have a goalkeeper in goal having the game of his life who manages to just about get a hand to everything.

Essentially we've been hitting the post and your saying its a problem with finishing

Or we've been hitting the target and your saying its a problem with finishing

It could be somewhere in the middle. Henderson's shot that comes back off the post and along the line is technically poor finishing as it goes in, but as it leaves his foot I think it's in.

quality
20th December '11, 02:01 PM
I think there's a skill element to it. We were the same last year (and still this year tbh) and that was from day one vs City when we should have won about 8-0 (those were the days!). Someone like Defoe just generally shoots at the keeper, and Adebayor does as well really.

Maxi aside, I'm not sure how good Liverpool's finishing is. Suarez is a great all round player, who generally scares the shit out of teams, but I don't think he's a goal scorer like Fowler.

Hij
20th December '11, 02:15 PM
No but I'm not on about hitting it into the keepers midrift and he catches it or straight at him (when I talk about keepers pulling off world class saves). I'm talking it either about it whistling past the keeper and coming off the post. I know those are technically off target but for most people in the ground it's heading in as it leaves his boot and I've seen keepers at Anfield take three steps back, jump diagonally and turn something just over the bar and it's just so frustrating. You'd need to see a compilation to understand.

Anyway your right overall, it does count for nothing - the inference I take is that we have played a lot better and had one or two goals gone in here or there against Swansea or Norwich we'd be a bit higher up the table. I hope that it will start to come as the players gain confidence. We've finally won two on the bounce.

El Asesino
20th December '11, 02:35 PM
This festive period will be good for us Hij, we'll climb can see us taking 9 from 9. Suarez or no Suarez, Man City on the 3rd will be a problem tho :/

also, Gerrard close to a return :P will be like signing the best central midfielder in the world for free he's been away that long

quality
20th December '11, 02:45 PM
best central midfielder in the world

:woah:

Hij
20th December '11, 02:46 PM
:-D

quality
20th December '11, 02:47 PM
You'd need to see a compilation to understand.

I understand what you're getting at. But the fact is, Liverpool aren't taking their chances. The beach ball was luck, hitting the post isn't nor are keepers making saves (they're doing their job). Obviously you're onto something if you're creating that many chances, get a goalscorer and a pacy winger and who knows.

There's some lad Owen at United, could sign him. If you listen to the MOTD crew he's still world class.

Hij
20th December '11, 03:52 PM
I understand what you're getting at. But the fact is, Liverpool aren't taking their chances. The beach ball was luck, hitting the post isn't nor are keepers making saves (they're doing their job). Obviously you're onto something if you're creating that many chances, get a goalscorer and a pacy winger and who knows.

Accepted, but there are chances, and there are CHANCES! But your right, it doesn't matter if they don't go in. But I'm just saying that finishing can be argued, there is one where Nani I think mishits the ball against Schenzny and Schenzy rather than save it, falls over - that's more luck than a good finish.

But overall your right mate I'm not arguing.

There's some lad Owen at United, could sign him. If you listen to the MOTD crew he's still world class.:laugh: I'd sooner drink my own piss

MoneyMan
20th December '11, 06:52 PM
I have my computer one next to me right now while writing a dissertation about computers, on a computer.

NerdCeption.

chris89
20th December '11, 07:12 PM
I can confirm Microsoft Excel isn't a database application NBT

20th December '11, 08:00 PM
This festive period will be good for us Hij, we'll climb can see us taking 9 from 9. Suarez or no Suarez, Man City on the 3rd will be a problem tho :/

also, Gerrard close to a return :P will be like signing the best central midfielder in the world for free he's been away that long

:woah:

+

:dead: