PDA

View Full Version : Will Suarez be found guilty?

Pages : [1] 2

Hij
15th December '11, 07:24 PM

In this thread we discuss the case as it comes in tomorrow.

I predict guilty, 10 game ban and the pitch forks to come across the country en masse.

Jack 1017
16th December '11, 01:50 AM
Will be out with my pitch forks BMT

MoneyMan
16th December '11, 02:32 AM
I predict he gets fined and cautioned then calls the head of the FA a "wigrito fuck" and leaves for Valenica on loan on a BMT.

El Asesino
16th December '11, 02:34 AM
think he will be banned because of the way its been blown out of proportion in the press

daspecimen
16th December '11, 02:54 PM
6 game ban and 17k fine. Fuckeries

Editted to correct 170k typo.

NSF
16th December '11, 02:55 PM
Smh, that's just ridiculous.

Hij
16th December '11, 02:59 PM
Nice I won my bet

Do we sell him then?

daspecimen
16th December '11, 03:01 PM
Ps take from Twitter. Not sure the validity because its not on any major sites

Bish
16th December '11, 03:03 PM
who on twitter?

quality
16th December '11, 03:09 PM
http://www.johnnyikon.com/data/articles/2009/03/2863/Picture15.png

Scrappy123
16th December '11, 03:12 PM
Smh, that's just ridiculous.

Well if he was really racist, 6 matches Is very kind.

El Asesino
16th December '11, 03:25 PM
official link anywhere, no. Just twitter rumours

Plak
16th December '11, 03:27 PM
Bet it's not true tbh.
If it is that's fucking ridiculous.

Kartel
16th December '11, 04:03 PM
I don't think he'll get that big a ban

Hij
16th December '11, 07:35 PM
No decision till Tuesday the farce continues

16th December '11, 07:49 PM
i can't even bet on this lol, inshallah he gets a ban

fuck liverpool and Hij

Hutch
16th December '11, 07:53 PM
No decision till Tuesday the farce continues

Fucksake I was expecting to win back my 100 rep points by tonight, FUUUUUUUUU FA

Plak
17th December '11, 12:21 AM
Fuck the FA and fuck UEFA, fuck FIFA too, bunch of corrupt cunts who punish when it suits and are too scared or too corrupt to punish referees for shit performances, too scared to question why the only other candidate for the FIFA presidency was implicated in corruption and left Blatter the only candidate to get elected, who appeal for Rooney's 3 match ban despite the dirty cunt kicking a player in the back of the leg intentionally and won't allow a team to appeal 2 yellows so Kaboul has to sit out a 1 match ban for that stupid fucking sending off.
Fuck all the governing bodies tbh.

Hutch
17th December '11, 12:25 AM
Fuck the FA and fuck UEFA, fuck FIFA too, bunch of corrupt cunts who punish when it suits and are too scared or too corrupt to punish referees for shit performances, too scared to question why the only other candidate for the FIFA presidency was implicated in corruption and left Blatter the only candidate to get elected, who appeal for Rooney's 3 match ban despite the dirty cunt kicking a player in the back of the leg intentionally and won't allow a team to appeal 2 yellows so Kaboul has to sit out a 1 match ban for that stupid fucking sending off.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vrvltu.png

But seriously I agree with your post lol

Hij
20th December '11, 02:40 AM
open again till 11am

Husso
20th December '11, 03:06 AM

Agree with everything but the FA bit. There not corrupt just weak and hypercritical which is just as bad.

King Kenny putting the FA on blast >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mazer Rackham
20th December '11, 03:30 AM
lol the fa are clearly sweeping the john terry saga under the carpet

Hij
20th December '11, 03:34 AM
Reduced the odds seeing as everyones gone for it. Could be a bit of value in a "not guilty" bet now!

Tony Starks
20th December '11, 03:41 AM
So when are we gonna hear the verdict on this?

Hij
20th December '11, 03:41 AM
Tomorrow sometime

Scrappy123
20th December '11, 04:47 AM
Can see not guilty. Or Just a fine

If he is banned so must Terry....that won't happen lol.

quality
20th December '11, 10:12 AM
[WHITE VAN MAN]Hang that racist dago cunt[/WHITE VAN MAN]

lotf
20th December '11, 11:27 AM
found guilty

Hij
20th December '11, 01:28 PM
[WHITE VAN MAN]Hang that racist dago cunt[/WHITE VAN MAN]
:laugh:

MyLord
20th December '11, 06:56 PM
i can't even bet on this lol, inshallah he gets a ban

fuck liverpool and Hij

:P

Shakeem
20th December '11, 07:03 PM
should of put a bill on my mate/negrito Luis to get the guilty verdict.

lotf
20th December '11, 07:15 PM
pay out

Hutch
20th December '11, 08:43 PM
Can see not guilty. Or Just a fine

If he is banned so must Terry....that won't happen lol.

Pretty sure they want to ban Terry, the result of this will prove if they do.

Suarez guilty = same punishment for Terry.

NSF
20th December '11, 09:00 PM
How have they still not come to a decision? Theres more evidence that JT was being racist compared to this situation. FA dragging shit out <<<<

Tony Starks
20th December '11, 09:05 PM
8! painnnnnnnn

20th December '11, 09:06 PM
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/luis-suarez-20-12-11

loooooooooooooool

Hij

http://i54.tinypic.com/29wl5q8.jpg

Julio Cesar
20th December '11, 09:09 PM
8 match ban loooool

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 09:09 PM
Conspiracy.

BIGDON
20th December '11, 09:11 PM
double blow for Liverpool now Carroll has to start

Julio Cesar
20th December '11, 09:12 PM
Hij

Trap*
20th December '11, 09:13 PM
"The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal."

so can still play for now?

NSF
20th December '11, 09:13 PM
8 games, jesus christ thats ridiculous. Watch the CPS drop the charge against JT.

Mazer Rackham
20th December '11, 09:15 PM
8 games, jesus christ thats ridiculous. Watch the CPS drop the charge against JT.

8 games lol, its a lot. will have to sub him out of my team

& lol how the Terry case has been swept under the carpet

Xtra P
20th December '11, 09:16 PM
tfslY_AvhLw

Hutch
20th December '11, 09:17 PM
Loooooooooool 8 matches! otjrihgt3;4rhipg9ufr3og2fh134

*Realises Terry will get the same punishment or worse*
*Realises Suarez is in my fantasy football team*

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7cjsg2N01qcx0d3.jpg

But still :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Julio Cesar
20th December '11, 09:17 PM
Terry has to get at least 8 games if found guilty. Inb4hegetsafine.

Xtra P
20th December '11, 09:19 PM
I doubt it will stay at 8 games, he'll appeal and get it reduced.

Jay
20th December '11, 09:19 PM
The length of the ban is ridiculous, will be interesting to see what he's been found guilty off.

Pepe got 10 games for his kick, stamp and abuse of referee. Are they really saying that anything verbal can be just 2 games less than that. When did football become a womens game.

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 09:20 PM
Nothing will happen to Terry.

Julio Cesar
The length of the ban is ridiculous, will be interesting to see what he's been found guilty off.

Read the fa report that 187 posted.

NSF
with bans that long it should be split between seasons, cos 8 games is a fucking lot in a season.

Hutch
Terry has to get at least 8 games if found guilty. Inb4hegetsafine.

He will, the FA definitely had the Terry case in mind when making the decision for this.

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 09:21 PM
I doubt it will stay at 8 games, he'll appeal and get it reduced.

Wha gwarn fam , what's the gas

NSF
20th December '11, 09:23 PM
How does this work? Does it mean he's not eligble for the next 8 game and thats it? Cos JT has just injured himself according to the paper this morning, so say he broke his leg, does the ban not take effect until he's back to full health?

Xtra P
20th December '11, 09:27 PM
Wha gwarn fam , what's the gas

check pm's

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 09:27 PM
He can play for the next 14 days I think

Jack 1017
20th December '11, 09:29 PM
How does this work? Does it mean he's not eligble for the next 8 game and thats it? Cos JT has just injured himself according to the paper this morning, so say he broke his leg, does the ban not take effect until he's back to full health?

JT hasnt been charged but it wouldnt make a difference if hes injured or not

lululul @ lululerpool

Caroll>>>>>>>>>>

Hij
20th December '11, 09:31 PM
Why is the evidence not out tonight if it's taken so long?

Also as he was charged with abusive language, with it doubled for being racially aggravated, we're giving out 4 game bans for insults now? Baffed.

Not sure how much truth in this but Swanson said the main ruling was on "Evra's interpration of what he said" if thats true I don't like the language there.

Julio Cesar
20th December '11, 09:32 PM
Why is the evidence not out tonight if it's taken so long?

Also as he was charged with abusive language, with it doubled for being racially aggravated, we're giving out 4 game bans for insults now? Baffed.

Not sure how much truth in this but Swanson said the main ruling was on "Evra's interpration of what he said" if thats true I don't like the language there.
Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/luis-suarez-20-12-11

Xtra P
He won't be banned for 8 games, it will be reduced after appeal its bait.

I wanna know exactly what he said, don't believe that he'd say such a dickhead thing to warrant an 8 match ban

fuck the FA

Hutch
20th December '11, 09:33 PM
Cos JT has just injured himself according to the paper this morning

Was only a slight injury in training, he's fit for tomorrow nights game according to the club.

NSF
20th December '11, 09:33 PM
Not sure how much truth in this but Swanson said the main ruling was on "Evra's interpration of what he said" if thats true I don't like the language there.That sounds dodgy tbh.

Jack 1017
20th December '11, 09:34 PM
Pls bump that fred you made Hij and pls read my post carefully and pls by all means neg me again and pls give me back my donators account

THIS.IS.ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);

fuck about is that actually a rule, as if players never insult each other loool what the hell

Hij

In this thread we discuss the case as it comes in tomorrow.

I predict guilty, 10 game ban and the pitch forks to come across the country en masse.
I was close.

I still feel parred they couldn't release the evidence on the same night after it taking so long, so I could put it to bed and accept it myself.

Julio Cesar
20th December '11, 09:35 PM
fuck about is that actually a rule, as if players never insult each other loool what the hell
Why ignore the 2nd bit? Where it says the insulting words referred to Evra's colour.

20th December '11, 09:36 PM
I can't help thinking the media is slightly to blame for this

MoneyMan
20th December '11, 09:37 PM
8 Games fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That's a next 'ype, even Zidane didn't get that much for butting Trollarattei down.......

chris89
20th December '11, 09:37 PM
Inb4hijwritestoanMP

Hij
20th December '11, 09:38 PM
Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

20th December '11, 09:38 PM
Why ignore the 2nd bit? Where it says the insulting words referred to Evra's colour.

obviously the racism rule makes sense, but players aren't allowed to insult each other? lol

Hutch
20th December '11, 09:39 PM
Hij MAC put 1000 rep on this after the outcome was announced. Also how has he got 1000 rep points to use when he was in the red by over -200 yesterday?

#snitch umad MAC?

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 09:39 PM
Your time
http://www.freebetting.co.uk/images/Bellamy.jpg

MoneyMan
20th December '11, 09:40 PM

He didn't use insulting words lol he called a black man "black" as unless Evra on some uncle tom shit, he shouldn't have been offended by that.

It's the context which is all important, of course, in this matter. And that is what I think has totally been misunderstood by everyone here, including Suarez. He doesn't/didn't know whites and blacks are uncomfortable about race in this country and don't directly call each other out in that way, and every one else from the oh-so-politically correct guys in the FA to Evra himself misunderstood what Suarez's intentions were and what the culture is like in Uruguay/elsewere round the world.

Hij
20th December '11, 09:42 PM
Considering our lawyers would have been present throughout the hearing, if it clearly is based upon what Evra has heard and no other evidence then its an absolute fucking farce.

20th December '11, 09:43 PM
what are the exact words he apparently said?

NSF
20th December '11, 09:43 PM
Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.:woah:

LFC going in

Hij
20th December '11, 09:47 PM
Looks like the club are going to fight it as our lawyers will have heard everything so very interesting what they have said with that statement, and have even slyly suggested they will take it beyond the FA and to court if they have too. Waiting on the evidence then.

Infact the more I read that statement it's fucking dynamite - I'm gonna wait to see what we do next then.

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 09:48 PM
This is gonna get messy.

NSF
20th December '11, 09:48 PM
If Suarez got charged for insulting someone, shouldn't Evra be aswell because he admitted to doing it first in his evidence.

MoneyMan
20th December '11, 09:49 PM
Looks like the club are going to fight it as our lawyers will have heard everything so very interesting what they have said with that statement, and have even slyly suggested they will take it beyond the FA and to court if they have too. Waiting on the evidence then.

Infact the more I read that statement it's fucking dynamite - I'm gonna wait to see what we do next then.

If that happens, what with that and Sion's case with UEFA, football fi dead in 2012.

The big teams are gonna just breakaway and have their own super league where man cay say nigrito all they want BMT!!!!

Hij
20th December '11, 09:50 PM
This is gonna get messy.
Agreed.

NSF
20th December '11, 09:50 PM
I like how they've put "we would like to know when the FA intend to charge Evra..." lol. More clubs need to act like this instead of just accepting the shit that comes from the FA sometimes.

Jack 1017
20th December '11, 09:52 PM
Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black.

:woah:

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 09:54 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40632000/jpg/_40632037_aragonesap203.jpg

Hij
20th December '11, 09:54 PM
Nah that comment was stupid Stepper it's essentially saying "I have black friends" and irrelevant.

But the rest of the statement is absolutely dynamite and I'll reserve judgement till we see what happens. Just reading it through again and there are bits I miss.

I'll wait to see what happens now but I'd be very surprised if we don't appeal after that.

Josh
20th December '11, 09:56 PM
i cant be racist ive got black friends

edit; beaten by hij lol

Hij
20th December '11, 09:56 PM
If Suarez got charged for insulting someone, shouldn't Evra be aswell because he admitted to doing it first in his evidence.

Evra admitted saying something prior to Suarez saying "Porque Negrito?" - which is apparently "You South American" - but I don't know. If so, you'd imagine the same charge should be levelled at Evra. If the club had accepted the charge, I'd have accepted it myself, but the fact they are fighting it suggests that they heard fuck all in the testimony.

It would be foolhardy to call out the evidence if it was going to have more in it than the FA statement.

Hutch
20th December '11, 10:03 PM
The ban doesn't take effect for 14 days so Suarez will be playing in Liverpool's next few games

Sir Kippington
20th December '11, 10:03 PM
http://www.skinstation.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sir_alex-ferguson.jpg

20th December '11, 10:05 PM
porque means why

call him something back and it's settled, allow crying to the referee about it that's childish man

according to gus poyet negrito isn't an offensive term, it's more affectionate, which makes perfect sense
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/gus-poyet-negrito-isnt-an-offensive-term-16082510.html

Hij
20th December '11, 10:11 PM
We'll see.

I wanna see the evidence.

The club would be foolhardy to come out with all of that, a lot of it pretty aggressive - if it wasn't near, or near enough what they believe to be the truth. If based on all the stuff around racism recently, the FA have decided to hand out that punishment based on Evra's interpration of the phrase porque negrito?

No-one knows what reasoning they have and no one can argue with me that after taking so long to heard all the evidence, to hand out that statement without any evidence is fool hardy - especially with Liverpool still with the chance to reply. It's informative, rather than explaining the facts.

Pirate
20th December '11, 10:22 PM
don't understand basing the defence on "that wouldnt be racist in uruguay" like say if youre from russia and you start saying n1gger and going on about how that's mild for a russian
stamp it out

and the interpretation thing would be the same as if a white rapper was saying the n word, some black people would be offended, some wouldnt - he can hardly be charged if evra hadnt been arsed about the whole thing

NSF
20th December '11, 10:23 PM
don't understand basing the defence on "that wouldnt be racist in uruguay" like say if youre from russia and you start saying n1gger and going on about how that's mild for a russian
stamp it out
If the word was Negrito then it's a cultural thing, it isn't as black and white than N****r

In Spain, Mexico and almost all of Latin-America, negro (note that ethnonyms, names of nationalities, etc. are generally not capitalized in Romance languages) means "black person" in colloquial situations, but it can be considered to be derogatory in other situations (as in English, "black" is often used to mean irregular or undesirable, as in "black market/mercado negro"). However, in Spanish-speaking countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay where there are few people of African origin and appearance, negro (negra for females) is commonly used to refer to partners, close friends[13] or people in general independent of skin color. In Venezuela the word negro is similarly used, despite its large African descent population.

It is similar to the use of the word "nigga" in urban communities in the United States. For example, one might say to a friend, "Negro ¿Como andas? (literally "Hey, black one, how are you doing?"). In this case, the diminutive negrito is used, as a term of endearment meaning "pal", "buddy" or "friend". Negrito has come to be used to refer to a person of any ethnicity or color, and also can have a sentimental or romantic connotation similar to "sweetheart," or "dear" in English (in the Philippines, negrito was used for a local dark-skinned short person, living in the Negros islands among other places).

Hutch
20th December '11, 10:23 PM
But the fact is there's no evidence lol, it's Evra's word against Suarez.

Evra has a history of lying about this type of thing, a ban is a joke tbh.

Hij
20th December '11, 10:29 PM
The FA statement also doesn't clear up whether it was said more than once, or it was ten times - it doesn't clear up whether it was an offensive word used offensively, or if it was a cultural difference but they've banned him anyway. It doesn't clear up how they know he said it, how they decided on the ban?

Which based on the sensitivities of the case is a bit awkward - it should have been attached to the statement or as a separate statement instantly so there could be no further doubt.

Sadly without the evidence attached there is still doubt as to exactly what they know? And exactly what happened.

But the fact is there's no evidence lol, it's Evra's word against Suarez.

Evra has a history of lying about this type of thing, a ban is a joke tbh.

But to be fair, we are only assuming that based on what the Liverpool statement says - but I would say I am inclined to believe it - as it would make no sense to release that only for the FA to release unequviocal evidence say tomorrow...

Also, if it is true that Evra said to Suarez you "South American" - what's the difference?

That's not the same mate. The word Negrito, is a word used affectionately in Uruguay - Gus Poyet confirming it - some of their great players of the times and on that continent are referred to as the Negrito. It mean's friend of darker skin. That's in by no means certain. Hernandez has used the word before to describe a player in a Spanish interview.

While its stupid for him to say it (if he has) and he should be told in no uncertain terms to cut it out if he has - if he never intended to be racist, Evra has said he is not a racist, the FA have admitted that they don't think he is a racist (but not included it in their statement) the whole thing still seems rather farcical.

MoneyMan
20th December '11, 10:30 PM
Nah thinking about it this decision is just dumb. Imma go in watch out another essay coming lads

Ok, well first the FA done fucked up by setting this extreme precedent here.
Terry's gonna have to get a 10 or 12 game ban now, because whereas it is at the very least uncertain and ambigious what Suarez said and how he intended it, Terry was videod saying his own racist phrase in a very aggressive manner, and being English he cannot use the "cultural ignorance" defence.

And a 10 or 12 game ban is a third of the fucking season, if someone deserves a ban that long then they deserve a full season ban imo, either 2-3 games at the max or fully go hard and suspend a man like Kolo Toure. Fuck this 8 games bullshit that's too short to justify the extreme approach the FA are taking, saying they want to stamp out racism etc, but way too long for a verbal offence on the pitch.

Secondly, I still can't believe it took them that long to come to a relatively simple conclusion. They just gave a ban and fine, we can debate the fairness of those for hours on end, but they are pretty simple punishments. He hasn't been suspended or anything that could call into question his rights or bring in any higher authorities, it is a domestic misdemeanour and a subsequent punishment by the domestic footballing body - so it couldn't have been that they were spending 4 weeks or however long just trying to come up with an acceptable punishment?

Which must mean the only sticking point was the (lack of) evidence available and that is what took up most of their time, hearing from all parties and attempting to isolate the context of the incident, because that is the crucial aspect of this affair not any individual specific word or phrase - it's how he said it.

And so, since the context is what's more important, and the context was in a small section of a game weeks ago, surely they should have moved as quickly as possible to get it cleared up, because with each passing hour and day, more and more irrelevant people got involved and all parties forgot slightly more about the actual incident.
Luis and Patrick both would have been, I am adamant, told exactly what and what not to say by their clubs, and legal representatives of those clubs. So, because as far as I am aware they were not both called in immediately after the game when the allegations surfaced, both of their testimonies can - in my opinion at least - surely be seen as flawed?

If not flawed, then of course they are biased, because this whole case is about personal interpretation.

Therefore in my opinion, because of the conflicting interests and numerous persons involved in this case, added to the quite ridiculous amount of time it took to conclude, this case is fairly corrupt and Liverpool are right to challenge and appeal its outcome, it has definitely not been carried out in the most appropriate manner by the authorities - and both LFC and Man U are well within their (moral and legal) rights to question it.

Also, there is no doubt in my mind the severity of the ban is directly related to Herr Blatter's recent comments, and the FA's recent stance, on racism in football. Let's forget that we only had a black player in the English national team in the late 70s, and that racist chanting by the majority of fans in the terraces, was common if not ubiquitous until the 90s - and of course still goes on today.

The FA are of course right, as anyone else who does is, to condemn racism and try and stamp it out. I am just uncomfortable with the fact that the people behind the new anti-discrimination campaigns are the same or relatives of the same old Etonians who have ran the country - and condoned and participated in racism - since the governing bodys incarnation a century ago.

The people who run things high up in this country - be that football or governmental - are the type to publicly condemn racism and hand out sentences to those who partake in it, then get driven home in their Merc by their Caribbean Chauffeur to eat a nice meal cooked up by their African house-maid, in a perfect kitchen cleaned by a 2 pound an hour Philipino bish.

Fuck the FA come at me non-bros.

20th December '11, 10:36 PM
english people use the word cunt affectionately sometimes, it's all context

really doesn't make sense that he would be racist to him, saying "why negrito?" in a taking the piss kind of way seems much more likely

Hij
20th December '11, 10:38 PM
Great post Moneyman.

Josh
20th December '11, 10:38 PM
well he wont do it again :-D

BIGLEE
20th December '11, 10:39 PM
Peeeaakk

Hij
20th December '11, 10:41 PM
Suarez says he didn't intend it to be racist.

Evra's opening statement said "I don't think Suarez is racist".

The FA accept "Luis Suarez is not racist".

Ergo it can only be a cultural difference at play. There is no way that if Suarez had said something vicious, intentional or unequivocally racist that Evra or the FA would agree to that in their opening statements. And if so, why is this not referred to in the fucking FA statement?

I agree with MoneyMan, it feels that they have convicted and strung him up by his balls based on the furore in the press and in England in regards racism at the moment, regardless of whether it was an intended racist comment or not or whether it is an acceptable phrase that Suarez and Chicarito of Manchester United use frequently or not. Not only that, to that end they haven't made anything other than the 8 game ban particularly clear in the statement.

So, that leaves us with it being a cultural misunderstanding, it doesn't appear it can be anything else. After all the evidence has been heard I presume the conversation went like this.

"So he said Negorito?"

"Yeah"

"Well that's pretty close to racial slurs in this country isn't it?"

"Yeah"

"But their legal team called several people from South America to say that it clearly wasn't offensive or intended and is used frequently"

"Doesn't matter the media and public are baying for blood, lets just chuck him an 8 ban".

Scrappy123
20th December '11, 10:55 PM
8 match??

Well that cunt Terry needs even longer. :)

20th December '11, 10:58 PM
the FA need to chill their beans

I'm seeing so many backwards, old man-esque shit these days, feet off the floor = red card is another one

Hij
20th December '11, 11:05 PM
I'm going mental here. Why wasn't the EVIDENCE released with the statement, especially if Liverpool have right to appeal.

Scrappy123
20th December '11, 11:05 PM
Smh at anyone saying 8 games is too much.

Josh
20th December '11, 11:07 PM
I'm going mental here. Why wasn't the EVIDENCE released with the statement, especially if Liverpool have right to appeal.

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/gif/8278.2n850dh.gif

Brisboy84
20th December '11, 11:11 PM
If it's true that Evra insulted Suarez in Spanish "in the most objectionable of terms" as Liverpool say, then he has to have the same punishment as Suarez. And also John Terry has to have the same punishment too, as they're similar incidents. I don't think an 8 game ban for racism is too harsh tbh. Things like this in football have to be dealt with very seriously. There's been no hard evidence in any of the incidents of racism, so for me you can't really judge either way. Will be intresting to see the Liverpool fans reaction to him though.

Hij
20th December '11, 11:13 PM
Smh at anyone saying 8 games is too much.

It's not. But it appears the only person still to have fucking heard this is Evra.

If it's true that Evra insulted Suarez in Spanish "in the most objectionable of terms" as Liverpool say, then he has to have the same punishment as Suarez. And also John Terry has to have the same punishment too, as they're similar incidents. I don't think an 8 game ban for racism is too harsh tbh. Things like this in football have to be dealt with very seriously. There's been no hard evidence in any of the incidents of racism, so for me you can't really judge either way. Will be intresting to see the Liverpool fans reaction to him though.

If the FA hand Evra an 8 game ban for "You South American" - at the very least there would be some consistency.

20th December '11, 11:14 PM
why can't they settle it man to man this is some bureaucratic bullshit

Scrappy123
20th December '11, 11:15 PM
It's not. But it appears the only person still to have fucking heard this is Evra.

If the FA hand Evra an 8 game ban for "You South American" - at the very least there would be some consistency.

Fair enough. 8 games for Suarez should mean Terry is hit with at least 10 games.

There is no doubt "you black cunt" is used aggressively and is racist. Will be livid if he gets the same.

20th December '11, 11:16 PM
if I was a footballer and someone pissed me off I wouldn't complain to the referee, talk to the guy on a level, fuck getting bare different people involved, this is all evra's fault really

Mazer Rackham
20th December '11, 11:16 PM
Loooooooooool 8 matches! otjrihgt3;4rhipg9ufr3og2fh134

*Realises Terry will get the same punishment or worse*
*Realises Suarez is in my fantasy football team*

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7cjsg2N01qcx0d3.jpg

But still :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Terry wot get punished at all.

20th December '11, 11:17 PM
too many harsh sentences for minor mistakes, always been the problem with the actual law as well

Hutch
20th December '11, 11:19 PM
if I was a footballer and someone pissed me off I wouldn't complain to the referee, talk to the guy on a level, fuck getting bare different people involved, this is all evra's fault really

Evra is a 5* bitchboy

Terry wot get punished at all.

Hopefully :evilgrin:

Matt91
http://ifihadmyownway.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/obama1.jpg

Hij
Kenneth Dalglish Very disappointed with today's verdict. This is the time when @luis16suarez (http://twitter.com/#!/luis16suarez) needs our full support. Let's not let him walk alone.

The king has spoken, I need hear no more, lets take this all the way to the court of arbitration for sport.

Mazer Rackham
20th December '11, 11:20 PM
The king has spoken, I need hear no more, lets take this all the way to the court of arbitration for sport.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

white manager defends white player over racist row shocker

Brisboy84
20th December '11, 11:22 PM

Is that what he said? If that's the case it's a no-brainer. I don't like how Suarez has been singled out though. It's like the John Terry thing has been forgotton about. The best course of action for me, woulda been to take no action due to lack of concrete evidence and warn Suarez and Evra on future conduct. Because for all we know, Evra could be lying. We don't know.

Pristine Condition
20th December '11, 11:22 PM

Yeah, it's Evra's fault for being black and just accepting racism. :dozey:

Hij
20th December '11, 11:24 PM
white manager defends white player over racist row shocker

Ask Sir Kippington about King Kenny

Seeing as no-one else has heard it and I don't doubt our statement for a solitary second- how can Suarez be labelled and be subject to more abuse in this country, based on something he's supposedly said.

Mazer Rackham
20th December '11, 11:26 PM
Ask Sir Kippington about King Kenny

Seeing as no-one else has heard it and I don't doubt our statement for a solitary second- how can Suarez be labelled and be subject to more abuse in this country, based on something he's supposedly said.

does thatguy even post any more

im not saying that dalglish agress with suarez being racist or w/e, but, i reckon he doesnt care and hed much rather have suarez available to play

Hij
20th December '11, 11:27 PM
does thatguy even post any more

im not saying that dalglish agress with suarez being racist or w/e, but, i reckon he doesnt care and hed much rather have suarez available to play
This is about more than football IMO.

As far as I can ascertain, he has been officially branded a racist by the FA based on Evra's evidence alone.

That would be thrown out of any court.

Pristine Condition
20th December '11, 11:29 PM

I've been racially abused before, when I was younger. So because no-one else was around, my words mean nothing?

I HIGHLY doubt, Evra is stupid enough to call the 'race card' for so long and take it this far unless, he WAS abused.

20th December '11, 11:29 PM

don't twist my words

Mazer Rackham
20th December '11, 11:31 PM
This is about more than football IMO.

As far as I can ascertain, he has been officially branded a racist by the FA based on Evra's evidence alone.

That would be thrown out of any court.

the fact it hasnt been thrown out makes me think suarez admitted to saying negro, hopefully more info comes out about this

Pristine Condition
20th December '11, 11:31 PM
don't twist my words

You said it's his fault?

How so then?

Hij
20th December '11, 11:34 PM
the fact it hasnt been thrown out makes me think suarez admitted to saying negro, hopefully more info comes out about this
Cheers for an honest comment. I also want to see the evidence mate.

I've been racially abused before, when I was younger. So because no-one else was around, my words mean nothing?
Would you like to be convicted of robbery because you were on the street but they can't prove you did anything?

I HIGHLY doubt, Evra is stupid enough to call the 'race card' for so long and take it this far unless, he WAS abused.
So just before the case he was gonna come out and say "nah he didn't say it". Surely if he has lied or embellished he's inspired to carry on because the it's more embarrassing than just letting it carry on. We know for certain via the Liverpool Statement that Evra's opening statement said "I don't think Luis Suarez is racist" - so is he admitting that what Suarez said was unintentional?

And please don't say it doesn't say that- Liverpool FC would be sued if they lied about that.

grimeboxhd
20th December '11, 11:37 PM
as a professional he shouldnt act like this, in fact nobody should its a disgrace not only to the english game but to england itself, he should not be able to play in this country again!

also check my page an upcoming grime channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimeBoxHD

Hutch
20th December '11, 11:38 PM
as a professional he shouldnt act like this, in fact nobody should its a disgrace not only to the english game but to england itself, he should not be able to play in this country again!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eric Cantona
20th December '11, 11:39 PM
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif

Hij

Why? Because he's not from this country? Because he insulted someone from another country?

Or because he may have racially abused someone, in a country, where loads of white people, want people to "go back to their own country" ?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif
Fuck off wanker :-D

MoneyMan
why can't they settle it man to man this is some bureaucratic bullshit

Get me, Evra should have just shook his hand.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01842/blatter_1842847c.jpg

Hij
20th December '11, 11:41 PM
Yeah bro, if we want to deport racists, I'll flick through my facebook and give you 15 white young guys now

Josh
20th December '11, 11:43 PM

loooool >>>>>>>>>>.

Pirate
20th December '11, 11:50 PM
In fairness, he could have used a racial slur in the heat of the moment, but not actually be a committed racist - which is what I believe the FA and Evra are alluding to. I think that rather than accusing him of being a racist, they are saying that he said something which was racist. It's hard to describe the distinction like.

MoneyMan
20th December '11, 11:52 PM

You're from Northampton as well looooooooooooool, we could have a whip round on here to buy you lot enough shovels to dig yourself out of England and fuck off yourselves.

EDIT: i cba to make that sentence grammatically correct so imma just sayin "yourselves" again.

AWOH

El Asesino
21st December '11, 12:05 AM
pisstake

MoneyMan
21st December '11, 12:13 AM
Great post Moneyman.

Cool repping me for a good post, bro.

Also, I've just read the full LFC statement.
"It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations."

Went in, might as well have just said "this nigga lyin'!!!" on that bolded bit :laugh:

Pristine Condition
21st December '11, 12:16 AM
Would you like to be convicted of robbery because you were on the street but they can't prove you did anything?

So just before the case he was gonna come out and say "nah he didn't say it". Surely if he has lied or embellished he's inspired to carry on because the it's more embarrassing than just letting it carry on. We know for certain via the Liverpool Statement that Evra's opening statement said "I don't think Luis Suarez is racist" - so is he admitting that what Suarez said was unintentional?

And please don't say it doesn't say that- Liverpool FC would be sued if they lied about that.

1) You didn't answer my question? 2) No I would not, I wouldn't be near a robbery unless I was involved :laugh:

3) I don't think he's racist myself. A racist comment is a racist comment. You can't hide away from that tbh. But let's wait for the report, bound to be some interesting comments in that.

chris89
21st December '11, 12:19 AM
Will wait for evidence

Says they have no evidence

Tony Starks
21st December '11, 12:24 AM
Regardless of how the FA have handled it, if Evra or any other player felt they were racially abused they're within their rights to report them.

Hij
21st December '11, 12:26 AM
Before I saw LFC statement bro

Regardless of how the FA have handled it, if Evra or any other player felt they were racially abused they're within their rights to report them.Cannae argue with that.

But this has changed nothing, our clubs stance hasn't changed. And no evidence has come out.

Tony Starks
21st December '11, 12:35 AM
And everyone saying John Terry will get away with it or its been swept under the carpet couldn't be any more wrong. He's absolutely shitting it right now, the fact his name comes up even in this case shows it hasn't been forgotten by anyone and that situation is far from dead. He's looking 8-10 games at least.

MoneyMan
21st December '11, 12:39 AM
And everyone saying John Terry will get away with it or its been swept under the carpet couldn't be any more wrong. He's absolutely shitting it right now, the fact his name comes up even in this case shows it hasn't been forgotten by anyone and that situation is far from dead. He's looking 8-10 games at least.

As I said before, the FA have fucked it now they HAVE TO give him AT LEAST 8 games, and tbh it should be twice as much becuase what he said was easily twice as harsh/racist/aggressive as what Suarez said.

If they let him off or give him even 7 games, all hell will break loose(r) and they will get (correct) accusations of corruption and cuntishness from all quarters.

Hutch
21st December '11, 12:44 AM

Said earlier that I guarantee the FA were thinking about Terry with this Suarez punishment. They know they can't give out 2 different punishments for the same sort of offence so had to give Suarez a lengthy ban. It's just not worked out great for the FA that Suarez was charged first.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong and Terry gets away with it but after this I can't see it happening at all.

Hij
21st December '11, 12:45 AM
By Tim Vickery of the BBC who lives in South America

When Luis Suarez joined Liverpool at the start of the year I wrote that he had the ability to shine in the Premier League (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2011/01/striker_suarez_fits_the_bill_f.html) but also that his fiery temperament would be put to the test.

He has given us more than I bargained for. An instant Anfield sensation, his exploits for Uruguay make Suarez beyond doubt the outstanding player in the world this year in terms of national team football.

In England, as expected, he has become the Liverpool player least likely to be popular with opposing fans but he has exceeded his own reputation for controversy with the flare-up with Patrice Evra and the charge of racism (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15764900.stm) which has now brought him an eight-game ban and a £40,000 fine.

It is news which has not gone down well in Uruguay. When the verdict was announced and published on the website of El Pais, the country's leading newspaper, the comments section was full of remarks attacking the "hypocrisy" and "pseudo-moralism" of the English.
When Suarez pulls on the sky blue shirt of his country he is part of a national team which has an unrivalled record of giving opportunities to afro-descendants. In the face of protests from their opponents, Uruguay picked black players in the first Copa America in 1916.
Probably the most revered figure in the history of Uruguayan football is Obdulio Varela, captain of the side that won the World Cup in 1950. His nickname was "El Negro Jefe" - the black boss.

Among Suarez's team-mates these days is Maxi Pereira, who is known as "El Mono" - the monkey. It is a nickname which, apparently, is given and accepted with no offence meant or taken. It appears to be used in the same spirit that Alvaro Fernandez is called "El Flaco", which means skinny.

But how to know when this word ceases to be descriptive and becomes pejorative? And for the FA disciplinary committee, how to avoid kicking the case around like a political football?

Suarez provided them with a problem - but also with an opportunity.

Context is crucial, not just in what Suarez may have done, but also in how it is judged. When Sepp Blatter apologised for appearing to suggest racist remarks could be overcome with a handshake (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15782265.stm), it gave English football another chance to indulge in Fifa-bashing.

There must have been a temptation to throw the book at Suarez and send a strong anti-racist message to the world. The severity of the verdict would seem to indicate that this was a temptation the disciplinary board were not able to resist.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48242000/jpg/_48242818_suarez_redcard_640.jpg

Suarez sent off for handling on the line

When moral panic is whipped up, coherence tends to fly out of the window. Some of those calling for Blatter's head on the racism issue are the very people who believed that everything was fine with Fifa while Sir Stanley Rous of England was in charge from 1961 to 1974.
Rous seriously damaged the development of African football with his defence of Apartheid in South Africa - a stance which looked awful at the time and was disastrous in hindsight.

In his campaign to unseat Rous in 1974, Brazilian Joao Havelange made a point of showing physical intimacy with the African delegates. An Englishman, he reasoned, would not do the same.

Thankfully England is much-changed since then.

English football can be proud of its anti-racism work but it should be remembered that what has happened in our country is a domestic dynamic. Mass immigration starting in the 1950s brought in hundreds of thousands of newcomers with full political rights - and so the discrimination they suffered could only be put down to racism.

LUIS SUAREZ AT LIVERPOOL

Continue reading the main story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16262537.stm#skip_feature_02)

Place of birth: Salto, Uruguay
Fee: £22.8m from Ajax
Debut: 2 Feb 2011 v Stoke
Apps: 32
Goals: 12

Football made this sickeningly obvious. The Caribbean descendants who started to make an impact on the pitch from the late 1960s had to put up with all kinds of abuse. Over time a consensus formed around the belief that racist behaviour was unacceptable.
This dynamic does not necessarily apply elsewhere. In South America the legacy of centuries of slavery can make attitudes towards race more entrenched (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1624_story_of_africa/page56.shtml)- but also more subtle. Elsewhere, to the east of Europe, for example, there has been very little exposure to the kind of multi-cultural existence that has become the norm in Britain.
This in no way invalidates the anti-racist position of English football. But it does mean that if the debate is to be won - and that surely must be the objective - then there are dangers in the moralistic holier-than-thou approach that the English can be prone to take.
This issue provides a real opportunity for English football to do some good - and also for the Football Association to improve its global profile. Much depends on how it is handled.
There is little to be gained in hectoring other nations and individuals with a moral high ground position of, "We're not racist, you are". Instead, there might be room for a position of leadership with a huge dose of humility.
"This is the problem of racism that we faced in our game," could be the line to football authorities around the world. "This is what we decided to do about it and, although we are nowhere near perfect, we feel we have made a lot of progress. Some of this may be useful to you".
My hope is that any punishment administered to Luis Suarez has been guided by this spirit. My fear is that this has not been the case.
A few weeks ago the penultimate set of games in the Brazilian championship was named the "Round against Racism". All over the country teams had their photo taken behind a banner saying "Say no to racism. Racism is a crime".
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48186000/jpg/_48186041_80_uru_goal.jpg

Suarez stunner ends South Korean hopes

The measure, though, was not accompanied by any attempt to stimulate a debate on the subject - on why there are so few black coaches, for example, or on taking legal action when members of the crowd make monkey noises, as occasionally happens in Brazilian stadiums.

The impression was that the Brazilian FA were playing politics. Its president Ricardo Teixeira had fallen out with Fifa boss Blatter. When Blatter put his foot in his mouth on the racism issue, Teixeira saw his opportunity.

"The Round against Racism" was nothing of the sort. In reality, cynically and opportunistically, it was the "Round against Blatter".
The English FA have now left themselves open to the same accusation of cynicism. What Suarez is alleged to have done is wrong. To draw attention to the colour of someone's skin in a manner that could be construed as pejorative is not acceptable in our reality.

There is a clear case for punishment as part of a process of education. But the eight-game ban would seem to go much further. It smacks of the FA seizing on a chance to score a political point. Were they really judging a case, or are they more interested in landing a glove on Sepp Blatter?

Scrappy123
21st December '11, 12:58 AM
How can man be called "The Monkey":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::dead::dead:

Shakeem
21st December '11, 01:02 AM
because a black Uruguayan player is called a monkey it shouldn't be a problem for him to call black players here monkeys because its acceptable in hes country?

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:10 AM
Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle thinks the decision is "100% correct".

Selected football bansContinue reading the main story
•1964: David Layne, Peter Swan and Tony Kay (life bans for betting on their team to lose, later reduced to 7 years)
•1988: Paul Davis (9 matches for punching opponent)
•1995: Eric Cantona (9 months for attacking supporter)
•1998: Paolo di Canio (11 matches for pushing referee)
•2003: Mark Bosnich (9 months for failed drugs test)
•2003: Rio Ferdinand (8 months for failing to take drugs test)
•2005: David Prutton (10 matches for pushing referee)
He told 5 live: "There are definitely cultural differences for a lot of players coming from South America and from the continent into England.

"But even though those differences do exist, we still expect people who come and work here to adhere to the standards and the laws of this land.

"It's wholly acceptable in parts of the Middle East to chop off the hands of thieves but we wouldn't tolerate it here and it's just the same when it comes to racism."

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor added: "I was surprised at the severity of the punishment - bearing in mind the length of time the case took. That suggested there was some doubt about the claims.

"But it shows the FA must have some compelling evidence."

Taylor also believes clubs tend to adopt a "them and us" stance against the FA when their players are investigated by Soho Square bosses.

He said: "They almost automatically support their players. But some things are bigger than clubs, players and even the game itself. Racism is one of them."

after reading about "the monkey" nah sorry son its racist, aint no cultural difference shit at all really, just that uruguay is more racist

Hij
21st December '11, 01:17 AM
because a black Uruguayan player is called a monkey it shouldn't be a problem for him to call black players here monkeys because its acceptable in hes country?
No one is saying that and he hasn't called Evra a monkey.

They use descriptive nicknames in Uruguay that's the difference.

Shakeem show me evidence of Suarez calling a player a monkey and you won't hold a quick one week ban.

Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle thinks the decision is "100% correct".

Where is the evidence Clarke Carlisle?

Someone show me EVIDENCE of his racist remark.

Fuck the FA on a real one yeah they couldn't even release the cunting evidence at the same time.

It's funny that your all falling for this bullshit when it's all about the World Cup not going to England.

"But even though those differences do exist, we still expect people who come and work here to adhere to the standards and the laws of this land.
The england captain can't keep his dick in his pants when it comes to his team mates, and his Dad sells drugs and he's a clear racist himself.

I'll await the PFA statement on John Terry the absolute cunt.

Here's your beloved Carlise's best comment

"It's wholly acceptable in parts of the Middle East to chop off the hands of thieves but we wouldn't tolerate it here and it's just the same when it comes to racism."

Seriously??

That seems to be the FA's line from this then.

He's used a word "possibly" found offensive by people in England.
Blatter say's there is no racism in football.
No middle ground, no cultural understanding
BAN HIM.

I thought the FA might do as much but I thought at the very fucking least they'd explain why - and say that "It shouldn't have been used and he was stupid to do so but he's not a racist" in the statement.

No wonder Vickery says the whole country of Uruguay are now offended he has been found guilty for what he is supposed to have said.

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:22 AM
It's funny that your all falling for this bullshit when it's all about the World Cup not going to England.

C'mon son. The FA are pissed they haven't got the World Cup so they victimise LFC and Suarez, yeah?

thing is, i actually agree with most of the other stuff youre saying hij - i think we need to see the evidence and that, but liverpool victims conspiracy theories aint the way forward

NSF
21st December '11, 01:23 AM
At the end of the day it boils down to cultural differences, yeah it's ignorant of him to say stuff like that and realise it might not go down well with our culture, but that's because he's not English or whatever. If I grew up thinking the colour blue was actually red to others I wouldn't be none the wiser because that's what I've been brought up to believe is right. But like has already been said and explained a few pages back Negrito is used in a way to mean pal in Uruguay and them area's. Just like when Denzel says "mah nigga" to others, it's used to mean a friend which is how uruguayans use the word.

Pristine Condition
21st December '11, 01:26 AM
How can man be called "The Monkey":laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::dead::dead:

Init. I didn't even want to read the rest :dead:

I don't think what he's saying is right though. It's not a political thing imo

Hij
21st December '11, 01:27 AM
C'mon son. The FA are pissed they haven't got the World Cup so they victimise LFC and Suarez, yeah?

thing is, i actually agree with most of the other stuff youre saying hij - i think we need to see the evidence and that, but liverpool victims conspiracy theories aint the way forward

I reckon I'm spot on.

I reckon it was a cultural difference, but rather than meet midway and give him a 1 game ban and small fine and say "Look he said something he shouldn't have but he didn't understand we'll have to educate players more often as we go forward" - based on "Woman on tram" and "England's brave John Terry" and the media storm around racism at the moment and Sepp Blatter saying "there is no racism in football" they've just strung him up by his balls to prove a point - which they always seem to do a random club - it's just that we are victim of it this time.

And before the evidence is even out, the PFA are wanking themselves off about it, and so are the Kick Racism Out Of Football campaign - it all seems very nicely organised for my liking.

With the evidence still not been released.

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:27 AM
assuming there is evidence and we do get to see it and he clearly says a word (believed to be negro) which is commonly accepted to be a racial slur in the english speaking world - what reasons would there be to not ban him?

Hij
21st December '11, 01:29 AM
Init. I didn't even want to read the rest :dead:

I don't think what he's saying is right though. It's not a political thing imo

Both of you are 100% proving the difference in cultures.

YOU find it offensive.

THEY don't.

Suarez hasn't even called anyone a monkey anyway.

assuming there is evidence and we do get to see it and he clearly says a word (believed to be negro) which is commonly accepted to be a racial slur in the english speaking world - what reasons would there be to not ban him?

If it exists? It takes a matter of seconds to copy it into a webpage G - they've had 3 months.

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:29 AM
I reckon I'm spot on.

I reckon it was a cultural difference, but rather than meet midway and give him a 1 game ban and small fine and say "Look he said something he shouldn't have but he didn't understand we'll have to educate players more often as we go forward" - based on "Woman on tram" and "England's brave John Terry" and the media storm around racism at the moment and Sepp Blatter saying "there is no racism in football" they've just strung him up by his balls to prove a point - which they always seem to do a random club - it's just that we are victim of it this time.

And before the evidence is even out, the PFA are wanking themselves off about it, and so are the Kick Racism Out Of Football campaign - it all seems very nicely organised for my liking.

i swear the precedent that was set in 2005 or something was an 8 match ban, consistent with proven charges it would seem

Hij
21st December '11, 01:31 AM
i swear the precedent that was set in 2005 or something was an 8 match ban, consistent with proven charges it would seem

Show me then, or reply to the rest of my post, or is there nothing in there that you can dissect?

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:32 AM
Both of you are 100% proving the difference in cultures.

YOU find it offensive.

THEY don't.

Suarez hasn't even called anyone a monkey anyway.

If it exists? It takes a matter of seconds to copy it into a webpage G - they've had 3 months.

i think there must be evidence but they done fucked up by not releasing it

however, cultural differences or not - i say faggot not to mean a necessarily homophobic slur - if i said it to a gay person they would by law be able to get me prosecuted for homophobic hate crime or whatever - it doesnt matter whether suarez finds it offensive - its whether the victim does

NSF
21st December '11, 01:34 AM
i think there must be evidence but they done fucked up by not releasing it

however, cultural differences or not - i say faggot not to mean a necessarily homophobic slur - if i said it to a gay person they would by law be able to get me prosecuted for homophobic hate crime or whatever - it doesnt matter whether suarez finds it offensive - its whether the victim doesBut what if you're non the wiser?

Shakeem
21st December '11, 01:35 AM
No one is saying that and he hasn't called Evra a monkey.

They use descriptive nicknames in Uruguay that's the difference.

Shakeem show me evidence of Suarez calling a player a monkey and you won't hold a quick one week ban.

I have no evidence. Do what you gotta do fam. :dozey:

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:36 AM
I reckon I'm spot on.

obviously its been put in the spotlight because of other racism related news stories - but i still think just as much of a storm would have kicked up regardless. however, (assuming he did say it) he only has himself to blame

Hij
21st December '11, 01:36 AM
I have no evidence. Do what you gotta do fam. :dozey:
Well then shut the fuck up.

I assume therefore that calling Bellamy a Sheep Shagger and Benitez a "Fat Spanish Waiter" - are all of course racist terms and fans should be ejected for saying them?

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:37 AM
But what complicates the FA's decision is Suarez's alleged use of the diminutive, adding "ito" to the term "negro". It can indicate affection, especially when said between people who know each other intimately. But it can also be used to belittle.

Much of the case against Suarez must therefore depend on his intent, something that will have to be judged by the context and tone of the remark. The fact that he uttered the term "negrito" during the heat of battle between two such fierce rivals, Liverpool and Manchester United, to Fabrice Evra, a player he has no history of friendship with, arguably undermines any claim that the Uruguay striker was being amicable.

And what else did Suarez say? Accompanying "negrito" with an epithet, for example, could be considered damning.

Hij
21st December '11, 01:38 AM
obviously its been put in the spotlight because of other racism related news stories - but i still think just as much of a storm would have kicked up regardless. however, (assuming he did say it) he only has himself to blame

Yeah but I've freely admitted that if he has said it, rather than just say "well the word sounds like negro" lets ban him, they could have met half way and stopped half of this shit from happening.

I'll repeat for those who are slow at the back.

Suarez has denied being a racist.
Evra has said that he does not believe Suarez to be a racist
The FA have admitted that Suarez is not a racist.

All of this WITHIN the enquiry.

The FA have made no public comment about Suarez not being a racist
Evra has made no public comment about Suarez not being a racist.
The Daily Mirror's backpage headline tomorrow? ​RACIST.

Shakeem
21st December '11, 01:41 AM
Well then shut the fuck up.

I assume therefore that calling Bellamy a Sheep Shagger and Benitez a "Fat Spanish Waiter" - are all of course racist terms and fans should be ejected for saying them?

I apologize for my ignorance on this subject, sir.

Hij
21st December '11, 01:42 AM
Much of the case against Suarez must therefore depend on his intent, something that will have to be judged by the context and tone of the remark. The fact that he uttered the term "negrito" during the heat of battle between two such fierce rivals, Liverpool and Manchester United, to Fabrice Evra, a player he has no history of friendship with, arguably undermines any claim that the Uruguay striker was being amicable.

Despite the fact he apologises to him by putting his hand on his head straight after? Translated it means "What Black friend?". He could have used the more favourable and English "Negro" or "******" if he really felt like going all out.

For such a guilty party, if it is indeed true that Suarez admitted saying Negrito but made reference to how he intended it, more fool him for being honest. He should have taken the criminal stance and no commented throughout.

But it looks like that's not even happened. I hope the club go to fucking war over this if they believe him and if Kenny believes him, then until I'm proved otherwise (and I still haven't been) then I'll ride into battle for him

For a fact, I've never heard anyone in England use the word Negrito until now.

Can anyone explain to me why Hernandez (Chicarito) was not charged for using it to describe another player?

If Evra said "You South American" can you explain to me why he was not charged?

If John Terry said "You black bastard" - can you explain to me why he was not charged?

Pristine Condition
21st December '11, 01:42 AM
Much of the case against Suarez must therefore depend on his intent, something that will have to be judged by the context and tone of the remark. The fact that he uttered the term "negrito" during the heat of battle between two such fierce rivals, Liverpool and Manchester United, to Fabrice Evra, a player he has no history of friendship with, arguably undermines any claim that the Uruguay striker was being amicable

Ah, basically had that written out in my own words.

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:43 AM
ps i cant find the thing about the precedent, heard it on the radio, may have heard wrong or something not sure anyway

Hij
21st December '11, 01:47 AM
Why are the same newspapers calling him everything under the sun, not vilified for using the term "Fat Spanish Waiter" to describe Benitez?

Or being close to crossing ground, is it only offensive if it offends people of black origin?

Ah, basically had that written out in my own words.Can you show me any prove other than Evra's allegation that he said it?

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:49 AM
Despite the fact he apologises to him by putting his hand on his head straight after? Translated it means "What Black friend?". He could have used the more favourable and English "Negro" or "******" if he really felt like going all out.

For such a guilty party, if it is indeed true that Suarez admitted saying Negrito but made reference to how he intended it, more fool him for being honest. He should have taken the criminal stance and no commented throughout.

But it looks like that's not even happened. I hope the club go to fucking war over this if they believe him and if Kenny believes him, then until I'm proved otherwise (and I still haven't been) then I'll ride into battle for him.

As the guy in the Independent described 'negrito' it can either mean 'my n1gga' - friendly - or 'little n1gger' - clearly unfriendly and demeaning
if theres even the hint of aggression in the voice - as youve got to sort of assume considering the nature of that game - then suspicion would fall on the second translation

Why are the same newspapers calling him everything under the sun, not vilified for using the term "Fat Spanish Waiter" to describe Benitez?

Or being close to crossing ground, is it only offensive if it offends people of black origin?

Can you show me any prove other than Evra's allegation that he said it?

fat spanish waiter is not on a level with an n-word related term though, cant be racist to fellow whites

Hij
21st December '11, 01:50 AM
The only precedent been set Geordie is that Glen Johnson can say Wayne Rooney called him something racist and we can get Wayne Rooney banned for 8 games.

fat spanish waiter is not on a level with an n-word related term though, cant be racist to fellow whites

Racism is racism surely? Discrimination is discrimination.

Or are we treating black people specially now?

Pirate
21st December '11, 01:55 AM
The only precedent been set Geordie is that Glen Johnson can say Wayne Rooney called him something racist and we can get Wayne Rooney banned for 8 games.

Racism is racism surely? Discrimination is discrimination.

I am almost 100% positive that there was more evidence than just Evra's word, we just haven't seen it yet so as not to compromise the investigation and to allow a fair appeal process to take place. And I can't be arsed getting into why certain racial slurs - n word, p word, y word etc - are worse than nationality slurs, I guess it's just the way it is. If Rafa had taken offence then we might have found out.

Mazer Rackham
21st December '11, 01:57 AM

we've been treated " specially" for four hundred years. (lol?)

and spanish is a nationality so it aint racism, its discrimination, but then again punching someone in the face for no reason is discrimination agaisnt that one person, the line has to be drawn somewhere

I am almost 100% positive that there was more evidence than just Evra's word, we just haven't seen it yet so as not to compromise the investigation and to allow a fair appeal process to take place.

There has to be. otherwise banning suarez for 8 games is wrong imo.

Hij
21st December '11, 02:01 AM
danKennett: RT @FootballLaw: RT @arielreck: Suarez: CAS precedent on racial abuse, different language & lack of evidence 2008/A/1688 Atl.MadridvUEFA

we've been treated " specially" for four hundred years. (lol?)

I didn't mean it like that mate. Just that you should be treated equally right? That's what you want? As we move to blacks having equal rights which is something I applaud, you should be equal, thus offending any person regardless of who they are should all be relative.

The flipside to all of this is the amount of people I know who are racist, who are banging on about Suarez being racist which makes it all the more pathetic from them.

By the way, Suarez 4 match ban is for abusive language it was extended to 8 because it was "racially aggravated".

There was no precedent. I look forward to Wayne Rooney's 4 match ban tomorrow for telling the ref to fuck off.

Mazer Rackham
21st December '11, 02:01 AM
danKennett: RT @FootballLaw: RT @arielreck: Suarez: CAS precedent on racial abuse, different language & lack of evidence 2008/A/1688 Atl.MadridvUEFA

I didn't mean it like that mate. Just that you should be treated equally right? That's what you want? As we move to blacks having equal rights which is something I applaud, you should be equal, thus offending any person regardless of who they are should all be relative.

The flipside to all of this is the amount of people I know who are racist, who are banging on about Suarez being racist which makes it all the more pathetic from them.

yh i know, i was joking

and you should call these people out on their hypocrisy, make em squirm a bit

Hij
21st December '11, 02:04 AM
1.Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
2.the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);
3.Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;

None of that clears anything up - in fact we all already knew or thought we knew most of that.

It doesn't say if anyone else heard it.
The amount of times it was said.
What Suarez said he said.
What Evra said he heard
What the referee said
Or anything else.

I bet you he's just said something that most people in Uruguay would find fine, a word most people in England didn't even know existed - and they've just gone for the jugular based on that. @Sir Kippington (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=195)

I'm convinced that LFC left the hearing, convinced they had convinced the FA that there was no ill intent- but based on the words he used, the FA had decided long before hand just to throw the book at him. The fact it took so long to charge him and then to convict him suggests they spent more time planning exactly how to pin it on him than deciding the severity of it.

Anyway I'm off for a beer.

EA
21st December '11, 04:00 AM
:smh:

Hij
21st December '11, 05:07 AM
"Chicharito" Hernández, destaca el gol anotado ayer por otro joven como Omar Esparza, en la victoria ante Tigres: " Me gustó mucho el gol del Negrito (Omar Esparza), creo que es una muestra de que los jóvenes de Chivas, estamos listos para responder en juegos importantes como los de Liguilla. Por mi parte seguiré trabajando con humildad para ganarme una oportunidad.

Mazer Rackham
21st December '11, 05:42 AM
liverpools statement is a joke, says that suarez has black friends :lol:

Sosa
21st December '11, 05:47 AM
pissed luckily bellamy playing well

MyLord
21st December '11, 09:28 AM
"Chicharito" Hernández, destaca el gol anotado ayer por otro joven como Omar Esparza, en la victoria ante Tigres: " Me gustó mucho el gol del Negrito (Omar Esparza), creo que es una muestra de que los jóvenes de Chivas, estamos listos para responder en juegos importantes como los de Liguilla. Por mi parte seguiré trabajando con humildad para ganarme una oportunidad.

What's this?

liverpools statement is a joke, says that suarez has black friends :lol:

:laugh::dead:

Does this mean we will buy another striker in January?

quality
21st December '11, 10:14 AM
Oh dear, will get reduced on appeal. They have to throw the book at Terry tbh, no leg to stand on.

At least Liverpool have a £35m striker on the bench.

NSF
21st December '11, 10:19 AM
Lol at the media saying he used the word negro, making it look the same as how an English person would use it. I've hardly seen them use the word Negrito which was what allegedly got said. It must be a common term somewhere because when I typed it into my phone just now it capitalised the N, it doesn't do that with any other racial terms I try typing, just gives me suggestions instead.

Sean
21st December '11, 10:27 AM

Bonjour?

mac
21st December '11, 11:31 AM
Hij MAC put 1000 rep on this after the outcome was announced. Also how has he got 1000 rep points to use when he was in the red by over -200 yesterday?

#snitch umad MAC?

Check my usercp .... my fans put me back in the green.... drop a few tunes Hutch and real might recognize real.... until then stay mad bro :clown:

21st December '11, 12:10 PM
You said it's his fault?

How so then?

Regardless of how the FA have handled it, if Evra or any other player felt they were racially abused they're within their rights to report them.

yeah what I'm saying is it doesn't seem like he was racially abused at all, just took a few words the wrong way

I'll admit I'm wrong if new shit surfaces but I can't see where it's gonna come from

quality
21st December '11, 12:43 PM
yeah what I'm saying is it doesn't seem like he was racially abused at all, just took a few words the wrong way

He didn't take them the wrong way, he took them as any other black guy outside of hispanic countries would take it. Suarez said them in the wrong context. If mates call each other cunts, and you say it to someone outside your friend group they might be offended (simplistic and not the same impact, but still).

As Tony Starks said, he was in his rights to report it. Its another thing how the FA handles it and whether you agree with that.

MyLord
21st December '11, 12:47 PM
Oh dear, will get reduced on appeal. They have to throw the book at Terry tbh, no leg to stand on.

At least Liverpool have a £35m striker on the bench.

:laugh:fuck off quality

Lol at the media saying he used the word negro, making it look the same as how an English person would use it. I've hardly seen them use the word Negrito which was what allegedly got said. It must be a common term somewhere because when I typed it into my phone just now it capitalised the N, it doesn't do that with any other racial terms I try typing, just gives me suggestions instead.

lol so how would you define 'racial abuse' then?

21st December '11, 12:50 PM
He didn't take them the wrong way, he took them as any other black guy outside of hispanic countries would take it. Suarez said them in the wrong context. If mates call each other cunts, and you say it to someone outside your friend group they might be offended (simplistic and not the same impact, but still).

As Tony Starks said, he was in his rights to report it. Its another thing how the FA handles it and whether you agree with that.

but they weren't racist words, if he confronted suarez, I'm sure he would have explained that to him and said sorry

quality
21st December '11, 12:53 PM
I'm sure he would have explained that to him and said sorry

Yeah. That's what happens on football pitches up and down the country.

Tony Starks
http://therepublikofmancunia.com/how-patrice-evra-has-never-played-the-race-card-and-why-assumptions-are-dangerous/

A couple months old and a biased source and that but still a good read. The idea Evra 'plays the race card' is a myth perpetuated by Liverpool in this scenario and that was particularly unfair

have you lot never had a misunderstanding when you've been out or something when you think some dickhead is trying it, then when you talk to him he calms down, maybe says sorry and explains himself, I've been on both sides of that conversation, everything's always cool in the end

MyLord
21st December '11, 12:56 PM
but they weren't racist words, if he confronted suarez, I'm sure he would have explained that to him and said sorry

Calum =

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Ajax1foto/Wikipedia/Ajax1nl-Sepp_Blatter.jpg

have you lot never had a misunderstanding when you've been out or something when you think some dickhead is trying it, then when you talk to him he calms down, maybe says sorry and explains himself, I've been on both sides of that conversation, everything's always cool in the end

Not the same thing when it's racism bro. If man called me a ******, negrito or anything to do with neg, I'd take his legs then smack him up after the game.

21st December '11, 12:58 PM
you lot don't seem to get the point that he wasn't actually being racist

all I'm saying is all this could have been avoided

it was a stupid thing to say though to be fair, I know I seem to be defending him like he said nothing at all, just doesn't seem like a fair outcome

nortside
21st December '11, 12:59 PM
all this talk of in uruguay it's endearing etc, nonsense. He clearly wasn't saying it in an endearing way, he used evras ace to wind him up, so that argument is weak

quality
21st December '11, 12:59 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2011/10/16/1318722837128/su-rez-and-evra-007.jpg

"Please forgive me Patrice. The term is an affectionate one in my homeland, not the racist term you think it is. I hope we can remain friends. Now back to the game."

21st December '11, 01:01 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2011/10/16/1318722837128/su-rez-and-evra-007.jpg

"Please forgive me Patrice. The term is an affectionate one in my homeland, not the racist term you think it is. I hope we can remain friends. Now back to the game."

you can take the piss but what I said is true

MyLord
21st December '11, 01:07 PM
you lot don't seem to get the point that he wasn't actually being racist

all I'm saying is all this could have been avoided

it was a stupid thing to say though to be fair, I know I seem to be defending him like he said nothing at all, just doesn't seem like a fair outcome

Truss I know what you mean. Suarez used a racial slur but the media are making him out to be a racist person. Two complete different things. The fact that he did say a racial slur does make him guilty and he should be punished but in this case is the evidence they have gone by. I think if Suarez kept his mouth shut it would have turned out different.

lmfao

quality
21st December '11, 01:15 PM
you can take the piss but what I said is true

Do you honestly believe hand on heart that two people with English as a second language could have a mature conversation about the cultural usages of the phrase negro in the middle of Liverpool/United at Anfield?

MyLord
21st December '11, 01:18 PM
Do you honestly believe hand on heart that two people with English as a second language could have a mature conversation about the cultural usages of the phrase negro in the middle of Liverpool/United at Anfield?

21st December '11, 01:24 PM

we're having that pointless debate right now, I'm not saying they have to

evra genuinely thought suarez was being racist, doesn't take a lot for suarez to tell him he wasn't, and then if evra still has a problem and thinks it warrants reporting him to the referee then fair enough

I know what it's like on a football pitch and can see why it didn't happen, just seems unfair on suarez

GrimmyGrimGrim
21st December '11, 01:28 PM
lol @ people saying "he used a racist slur but that doesn't make him racist"

like you weren't frothing at the mouth about what JT said to Anton

NSF
21st December '11, 01:31 PM
all this talk of in uruguay it's endearing etc, nonsense. He clearly wasn't saying it in an endearing way, he used evras ace to wind him up, so that argument is weakAre you dumb? Negrito is their equivalent of saying man or pal or whatever we use. When someone's getting annoyed and you say "come on man, calm down." that's probably how he's meant it, and Evra's heard it not understanding what the word means and thinking he's being racist with it. Everyone's missing the point of the word anyway.

quality
21st December '11, 01:38 PM
Are you dumb? Negrito is their equivalent of saying man or pal or whatever we use.

That's not strictly true though is it?

A relatively even-handed Liverpool blog (http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/11/suarez-and-evra-shades-of-grey/) recognises that its "one riddled with a variance in meaning depending upon its application".

Evra was well within his rights to report it, people's issue should be with how it was dealt with by the FA (for the record, I think both he and Terry should hold bans. Terry's preferably longer, and 8 games is a bit much).

evra genuinely thought suarez was being racist, doesn't take a lot for suarez to tell him he wasn't, and then if evra still has a problem and thinks it warrants reporting him to the referee then fair enough

Jesus christ.

NSF
21st December '11, 01:43 PM

A relatively even-handed Liverpool blog (http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/11/suarez-and-evra-shades-of-grey/) recognises that its "one riddled with a variance in meaning depending upon its application".

Evra was well within his rights to report it, people's issue should be with how it was dealt with by the FA (for the record, I think both he and Terry should hold bans. Terry's preferably longer, and 8 games is a bit much).

Jesus christ.I know it depends on the application but if you were watching the game you'd notice Suarez looked confused as to why Evra was spitting his dummy out and why he got arsey when Suarez tried to pat him on the head or back whatever it was, not exactly the kind of attitude from someone being racist to another is it? Like the article you linked says, if that's how they use it in their culture who are we to tell them not to? Instead of bans and fines they should give them culture lessons regarding stuff like this. They pride themselves on being multi-cultural or whatever and then show no understanding when a problem occurs because of it.

quality
21st December '11, 01:49 PM
I know it depends on the application but if you were watching the game you'd notice Suarez looked confused as to why Evra was spitting his dummy out and why he got arsey when Suarez tried to pat him on the head or back whatever it was, not exactly the kind of attitude from someone being racist to another is it? Like the article you linked says, if that's how they use it in their culture who are we to tell them not to? Instead of bans and fines they should give them culture lessons regarding stuff like this. They pride themselves on being multi-cultural or whatever and then show no understanding when a problem occurs because of it.

You do realise that patting someone on the head can also be patronising? Lol at "spitting the dummy out" wtf is this?! I can't believe anyone is taking exception to Evra being offended, tho I can understand taking exception to the FA.

Culture lessons? He's been playing in Holland, and now England, for years. Culture lessons were never going to be an appropriate response from a body that has pledged to kick racism out of football. What they have to do now is treat the Terry case as seriously. They are clearly going to reduce the ban on appeal, probably to about 4.

21st December '11, 01:57 PM

lol did you even read the whole thing?

this sentence seems a bit more conclusive
"“It’s not a slur whatsoever,” said Espuelas, whose show often addresses racism in the Latino community. “It’s a term of endearment. You definitely would not use that if you were angry. It would sound ridiculous.”"

suarez has numerous people backing him about the word itself, that isn't for no reason

NSF
21st December '11, 02:04 PM
You do realise that patting someone on the head can also be patronising? Lol at "spitting the dummy out" wtf is this?! I can't believe anyone is taking exception to Evra being offended, tho I can understand taking exception to the FA.

Culture lessons? He's been playing in Holland, and now England, for years. Culture lessons were never going to be an appropriate response from a body that has pledged to kick racism out of football. What they have to do now is treat the Terry case as seriously. They are clearly going to reduce the ban on appeal, probably to about 4.But that's their culture, what might be patronising to us might be something else to them. I don't understand why no-ones grasping this way of thinking? He played in Holland for a couple years, things are different whichever country you go to. How do we know he hasn't said it to anyone while playing for Ajax and people haven't been offended by it? Obviously Evra's got a right to complain but he also tried using Suarez's nationality as a way of putting him down before Suarez even apparently said the offending word. Why isn't he being pursued by the FA aswell for what he said? The whole thing smells of bullshit and if the FA don't release any evidence they're gonna look even more corrupt. I swear i read earlier that one of the 3 members on the panel is a director at United too.

Jesus christ.

read what I said below I get what you're saying about why it didn't happen

quality
suarez has numerous people backing him about the word itself, that isn't for no reason

I know. And anyone who challenges the LFC version of events is part of a massive anti-Liverpool conspiracy theory and needs to sit down and watch their dvds.

I'm not saying Suarez is a racist, I don't know him at all, but I'm saying Evra was well with in his rights to be offended and report the incident. I don't see how that is controversial. The idea the two of them could have had a nice chat about it in the middle of a derby game at Anfield is fucking ridiculous.

21st December '11, 02:10 PM
I know. And anyone who challenges the LFC version of events is part of a massive anti-Liverpool conspiracy theory and needs to sit down and watch their dvds.

?

I'm not saying Suarez is a racist, I don't know him at all, but I'm saying Evra was well with in his rights to be offended and report the incident.

I'm not arguing that at all, I said fair play to evra for reporting someone he thinks was being racist

The idea the two of them could have had a nice chat about it in the middle of a derby game at Anfield is fucking ridiculous.

I never said that was how they settle it, after the game maybe, phone calls between the two clubs, but I guess by then it had already been made official and was up to the FA so there you go

quality
21st December '11, 02:12 PM
But that's their culture, what might be patronising to us might be something else to them. I don't understand why no-ones grasping this way of thinking? He played in Holland for a couple years, things are different whichever country you go to. How do we know he hasn't said it to anyone while playing for Ajax and people haven't been offended by it? Obviously Evra's got a right to complain but he also tried using Suarez's nationality as a way of putting him down before Suarez even apparently said the offending word. Why isn't he being pursued by the FA aswell for what he said? The whole thing smells of bullshit and if the FA don't release any evidence they're gonna look even more corrupt. I swear i read earlier that one of the 3 members on the panel is a director at United too.

Patting someone on the head is culture. Brilliant.

He plays in England, not Uruguay, in a league that is wholly behind the kick racism out of football campaign. That's the English FA's culture.

At the very least, he is being punished for his ignorance. My thinking is that they gave him such a high ban so that behaviour would be seen as undesirable and the ban will then be decreased.

The only problem will come if the FA don't deal with Terry appropriately, as they've set a precedent.

I never said that was how they settle it, after the game maybe, phone calls between the two clubs, but I guess by then it had already been made official and was up to the FA so there you go

Exactly, it was included in the official match report and then its the FA's job to decide what happens with it.

NSF
21st December '11, 02:22 PM
Patting someone on the head is culture. Brilliant.

He plays in England, not Uruguay, in a league that is wholly behind the kick racism out of football campaign. That's the English FA's culture.

At the very least, he is being punished for his ignorance. My thinking is that they gave him such a high ban so that behaviour would be seen as undesirable and the ban will then be decreased.

The only problem will come if the FA don't deal with Terry appropriately, as they've set a precedent.

Exactly, it was included in the official match report and then its the FA's job to decide what happens with it.Do you seriously think that patting someone on the head is seen as patronising everywhere in the world? Different cultures and countries have different ways of doing things, why is that hard to understand? I've seen plenty of footballers get up and pat each other on the head after challenges etc. especially in the spanish league, none of them flip out like Evra did.

So what if he plays under the FA's rules they should still accommodate for multiculturalism since we have a lot of foreign players in our league. Getting clubs to teach the players what is and isn't acceptable in this country etc.

quality
21st December '11, 02:23 PM
Do you seriously think that patting someone on the head is seen as patronising everywhere in the world? Different cultures and countries have different ways of doing things, why is that hard to understand? I've seen plenty of footballers get up and pat each other on the head after challenges etc. especially in the spanish league, none of them flip out like Evra did.

Evra flipped out?

I understand the culture argument, I just think its flawed. To use an extreme example, female genital mutilation could be seen as part of 'culture' but its not desirable. In the league Suarez plays in, using the phrase negro or negrito is not acceptable. He now knows that. Challenging something that we don't think is acceptable isn't xenophobic, particularly given the kick it out campaign.

I went to Millwall a couple years back, and some of the stuff I heard was fucking sickening. If rulings like this reinforce the notion that racism is wrong, then brilliant. What I worry is that you have people trying to lay the blame at Evra's door.

NSF
21st December '11, 02:26 PM
Evra flipped out?
Why are you acting dumb? Did you watch the game?

quality
21st December '11, 02:29 PM
Why are you acting dumb? Did you watch the game?

Yeah, your definition of flipping out and mine are obviously very different.

Pristine Condition
21st December '11, 02:52 PM
If a man touched my head after what I 'thought' was a racist comment moments before, do you honestly believe I'd just leave it? Being a footballer, Evra did the right thing in reporting. If he 'flipped out' and went for Suarez then people would be saying, he should've went to the ref.

Some joke ting.

chris89
21st December '11, 03:03 PM
Itt we find ways to justify racism cos he's our clubs best player

M.O.G.
21st December '11, 03:11 PM
Suarez isnt dumb, he's played in Europe for years and no doubt followed English football so he should have known using a word containing 'negro' albeit not used in a racial term could be deemed as racist, it was stupidity on his part.

8 game ban, harsh? Maybe but rules are rules and I cant condone what he said because he's our best player.

I just hope the FA keep consistent and hand Terry at the very least the same ban

nortside
21st December '11, 03:45 PM
Are you dumb? Negrito is their equivalent of saying man or pal or whatever we use. When someone's getting annoyed and you say "come on man, calm down." that's probably how he's meant it, and Evra's heard it not understanding what the word means and thinking he's being racist with it. Everyone's missing the point of the word anyway.

oh so he's been handed an 8 game ban over a word that doesn't refer to evras race? kmt i doubt the fa would be that dumb to serve him that kind of suspension without making their case watertight, so cool your hype

NSF
21st December '11, 03:59 PM
oh so he's been handed an 8 game ban over a word that doesn't refer to evras race? kmt i doubt the fa would be that dumb to serve him that kind of suspension without making their case watertight, so cool your hypeLol at thinking the FA aren't a bunch of dodgy cunts anyway, the only evidence they have is Evra's word against Suarez, that shit wouldn't even stand up in the court of law. Negro is Spanish for black, what word are they supposed to use to say the word black?

Burden Durden
21st December '11, 04:16 PM
Calum goes a long way to making himself look like a dumb prick ITT.

MyLord
21st December '11, 04:25 PM

How do I add text to this image?

lol @ people saying "he used a racist slur but that doesn't make him racist"

like you weren't frothing at the mouth about what JT said to Anton

lol It' s two different things broski. I've never called JT a racist either

Are you dumb? Negrito is their equivalent of saying man or pal or whatever we use. When someone's getting annoyed and you say "come on man, calm down." that's probably how he's meant it, and Evra's heard it not understanding what the word means and thinking he's being racist with it. Everyone's missing the point of the word anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negrito

But that's their culture, what might be patronising to us might be something else to them. I don't understand why no-ones grasping this way of thinking? He played in Holland for a couple years, things are different whichever country you go to. How do we know he hasn't said it to anyone while playing for Ajax and people haven't been offended by it? Obviously Evra's got a right to complain but he also tried using Suarez's nationality as a way of putting him down before Suarez even apparently said the offending word. Why isn't he being pursued by the FA aswell for what he said? The whole thing smells of bullshit and if the FA don't release any evidence they're gonna look even more corrupt. I swear i read earlier that one of the 3 members on the panel is a director at United too.

this

NSF
21st December '11, 04:33 PM
What program or film is it where someone's on about white people asking to touch a black mans hair? That picture reminds me of it.

MyLord
21st December '11, 04:35 PM
What program or film is it where someone's on about white people asking to touch a black mans hair? That picture reminds me of it.

Can someone put the caption ''OMG! Velcro?'' on that image plz. It actually looks like Suarez is feeling his hair lol

Sir Kippington
21st December '11, 04:57 PM
None of that clears anything up - in fact we all already knew or thought we knew most of that.

It doesn't say if anyone else heard it.
The amount of times it was said.
What Suarez said he said.
What Evra said he heard
What the referee said
Or anything else.

I bet you he's just said something that most people in Uruguay would find fine, a word most people in England didn't even know existed - and they've just gone for the jugular based on that. @Sir Kippington (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=195)

I'm convinced that LFC left the hearing, convinced they had convinced the FA that there was no ill intent- but based on the words he used, the FA had decided long before hand just to throw the book at him. The fact it took so long to charge him and then to convict him suggests they spent more time planning exactly how to pin it on him than deciding the severity of it.

Anyway I'm off for a beer.

Your not far off, I grew up in the carribean and our attitude to race is much more relaxed, your would for eg call a Chinese man "chiney and he wouldn't find it offensive. Back home a dark skinned person from my country would call me coolie because I have Indian mixed in my heritage and I would find it normal. it's similar in Latin America due to it being very racially diverse.

I don't think luis was being racist in the sense of white van man tings. End of.
But you can see how the tabloid are covering it and he will be getting all sorts of abuse up and down the land from people who ironically probably really racist themselves.
I do believe it was a cultural misunderstanding, I don't believe it was said 10 times of whatever.

I just hope it don't drive him out of the country tbh.
He is still a young man and I have no idea what his mental strength is like in regards to what he is going to go through.
Fascinating case though, shame the inquiry was such a bunk up.

Jack 1017
21st December '11, 06:12 PM
If a Spanish guy called me a Negro I would still knock him out tbh

21st December '11, 06:16 PM
If a Spanish guy called me a Negro I would still knock him out tbh

lol why does everyone seem to think negro and negrito are the same word

Xtra P
21st December '11, 06:27 PM
Strictly for my negritos

He won't get an 8 game ban anyway, it will be reduced

Negritodamus.gif

Hij
21st December '11, 06:31 PM
For the record on reflection regardless how he meant it they have done him because it refers to evras colour and if thems the rules I can't argue with them.

Just saddened that they didn't raise in their statement they didn't feel it was intended racially and that Evra didn't think Evra was a racist. The press have run with it exactly how we thought they would.

And if "nationality" is a part of that, I would like to see Evra charged if he admitted saying "you south American" as that would be referring to his nationality and against the same rule they have charged him for.

Consistency from the FA as ever is awful .

Hij
21st December '11, 06:31 PM
Strictly for my negritos

He won't get an 8 game ban anyway, it will be reduced

Negritodamus.gif

Hahahs

Jack 1017
21st December '11, 06:35 PM
lol why does everyone seem to think negro and negrito are the same word

Spanish people dont say Negrito they say Negro

If a South American called me a Negrito I would knock him out tbh

nortside
21st December '11, 06:41 PM
People still making excuses, i mean even if it's a term you can use back in south america, it's like us using words from our home countries coming to england and saying it to a rival player:dozey: what was the reason for saying it other then to wind him up?

we not from the same country so chances are he's gonna get offended

21st December '11, 06:53 PM
he was winding him up, in a way that he didn't think was as offensive as it was

nortside
21st December '11, 06:56 PM

yeah bringing up his colour ain't gonna be offensive:dozey:

Brisboy84
21st December '11, 07:00 PM

Log-off!! lol.

NSF
21st December '11, 07:14 PM
Spanish people dont say Negrito they say Negro

If a South American called me a Negrito I would knock him out tbh

Negro is spanish for black, when using it in the context that Suarez apparently said you say Negrito, otherwise it wont make sense. Thats what i can make out anyway lol. Kinda like how the french have two ways of saying something, when put into context with some words.

21st December '11, 07:21 PM
yeah bringing up his colour ain't gonna be offensive:dozey:

can't be bothered to argue any more in this thread lol, you're right safe have a nice day

Josh
21st December '11, 11:03 PM
the suarez shirts :dead::dead::dead:

he's not dead smh

Brisboy84
21st December '11, 11:18 PM
the suarez shirts :dead::dead::dead:

he's not dead smh

It's embarassing lol

http://p.twimg.com/AhNlhedCMAEQH7y.jpg:large
https://p.twimg.com/AhNwEhRCAAAiOeR.jpg:large

Pirate
21st December '11, 11:19 PM
I understand supporting your player and that, but these shirts and stuff are hardly putting LFC in a good light. He's admitted saying a word which can have racial connotations and has been banned. Whether you think it's harsh is another matter, but surely there's not a great deal to complain about, other than the silly assumption that Terry will get away with it and the fact that Evra hasn't been charged for calling him a sudaca, although Suarez claims to not have heard it so how they could charge Evra I'm not sure.

Keyser Söze
22nd December '11, 12:09 AM
bandwagon !

Plak
22nd December '11, 12:29 AM
I was hoping he'd get a reduced ban because of how much of a farce this situation is, but seeing them shirts I hope he gets the full 8 games tbh.

Keyser Söze
22nd December '11, 12:54 AM
I was hoping he'd get a reduced ban because of how much of a farce this situation is, but seeing them shirts I hope he gets the full 8 games tbh.

You're missing the N from your user name mate.

PM the mods, they'll change it for you.

Plak
22nd December '11, 12:57 AM

Lol.

Mr Nasri
22nd December '11, 10:06 AM
Liverpool are a racist club. Just another reason to hate them. And that coconut glen johnson fool.

Standing by a proven racist. Clubs a joke. Still living off dat 100 year history and living in them times. Should be fined for them tshirts

MyLord
22nd December '11, 11:34 AM

Liverpool are a racist club. Just another reason to hate them. And that coconut glen johnson fool.

Standing by a proven racist. Clubs a joke. Still living off dat 100 year history and living in them times. Should be fined for them tshirts

Stop trolling your no good at it fuck bwoy and lol at your name being nasri:laugh::laugh::laugh:

overly rated player