PDA

View Full Version : The Four Year Plan

Julio Cesar
15th December '11, 02:57 PM
In 2007, the destitute London soccer team Queens Park Rangers (QPR) was bought up by billionaires, who in turn became the richest owners of such a team in the world. For four years, Mat Hodgson followed the team and its bosses in their quest for the most lucrative promotion in competitive soccer: from the Championship competition to the Premier League. Hodgson is on the heels of everything that happens, but without playing a role in his film. He observes and listens in - eavesdrops, even. The camera records meetings, telephone conversations, matches and private chats that are skillfully edited and reveal the turbulent and dramatic developments in four seasons of QPR. Occasionally the team shows signs of improvement, but not often enough. Managers come and go, and the fans, who were at first very grateful to the new owners for saving their team, lose faith and stop attending matches. "We want our Rangers back!" shout the fans who do show up. Players lose their fighting spirit, and whereas the team once spent millions on just about everything, now they even have to economize on flowers. But when Neil Warnock becomes manager of the team in 2010, the fifth one that season, it looks like the tide might be turning.

blRCCHD6uXs

I'm going to buy this sunday, hope it shows the cunts for what the really are.

Julio Cesar
4th March '12, 11:41 AM
On tonight BBC 2, 11.15pm, after MOTD 2.

Hutch
4th March '12, 02:12 PM
http://bazookatooth.com/img/tumbleweed.gif

Julio Cesar
4th March '12, 02:13 PM
http://bazookatooth.com/img/tumbleweed.gif

One man thread tbh

Makepeace ShepherdsBush

Tony Starks
4th March '12, 02:16 PM
Should be really good. Heard some mind blowing stuff went on its a must watch for all football fans. Doubt we're gonna see a more open insight into the runnings of a big football club as this

Scrappy123
4th March '12, 02:19 PM
2nd Year - Relegation

Cool plan bros

Julio Cesar
4th March '12, 02:21 PM
2nd Year - Relegation

Cool plan bros
Would be funny if we weren't in the 5th year of the plan :laugh:

chris89
4th March '12, 02:22 PM
ShepherdsBush

lol, snm

Danielson
4th March '12, 02:24 PM
:laugh: will not lock.

Julio Cesar
4th March '12, 02:24 PM
lol, snm
Both got January 2011 join dates, you think I created two accouts at the same time? :laugh:

Scrappy123
4th March '12, 02:27 PM
Would be funny if we weren't in the 5th year of the plan :laugh:

Cool following on from successful plan bro.

chris89
4th March '12, 02:32 PM
Both got January 2011 join dates, you think I created two accouts at the same time? :laugh:

Nah I don't actually think he's your alias lol I was more referring to this post, can't quote properly cos the thread is locked.

Not even. I'll take the votes of intelligent posters who know what a penalty is over yours tbh.

Also ShepherdsBush isn't my alias. I dont even know who he supports.

Julio Cesar
4th March '12, 02:34 PM
Nah I don't actually think he's your alias lol I was more referring to this post, can't quote properly cos the thread is locked.

Only @'d him because I assumed that Shepherds Bush = QPR, which is the way it should be. Trying to see if I can find out who he supports.

chris89
4th March '12, 02:38 PM
Only @'d him because I assumed that Shepherds Bush = QPR, which is the way it should be. Trying to see if I can find out who he supports.

Thanks for confirming

Matt91
4th March '12, 02:52 PM
You couldn't sound more visibly upset if you tried tbh

Makepeace
5th March '12, 12:15 AM
aint had a computer for time until last week but im still supporting the cause, will have to watch this on iplayer or summen aswell

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/terry-ferdinand.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2012/2/4/1328374120914/Djibril-Cisse-grabs-Roger-007.jpg
http://www.soccerway.com/photo_dynamic/orig/250/relative/12427314720.jpg

BIGDON
5th March '12, 12:18 AM
Year 1: Stay up
Year 2: Mid Table
Year 3: Europa League
Year 4: Champions League

reminds me of us lul big name players not performing a twat of a captain and players that are not good enough

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 12:31 AM

Briatore is one of the biggest cunts alive

Complaining about the cost of Powerade ohe9rf78wgfy6uewb

Tony Starks
5th March '12, 12:32 AM
This is actually hard to watch and its scary for the game that people like Briatore will be taking over many more clubs in future simply because of money.

All the Arsenal fans crying their eyes out for Usmanov need to take a good look at this

BIGDON
5th March '12, 12:44 AM
:stunned: fucked tbh owner on the phone to u at half time telling u how to play

Tony Starks
5th March '12, 12:47 AM
This guy with the glasses (Briatores sideman) moves like a mafia boss he's hilarious :laugh:

Pristine Condition
5th March '12, 12:48 AM
This is scary.

Same thing probably happens at Chelsea

Tony Starks
5th March '12, 12:48 AM
This is scary.

Same thing probably happens at Chelsea

No doubt

BIGDON
5th March '12, 12:49 AM
woah sacking bare managers tbh

JamieQpr how close isit to happening again if u go down this season with that wage bill

Tony Starks
5th March '12, 12:52 AM
"I want the names of who is booing me or I sell the club" :laugh::laugh:

Flavio>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Dunno how these filmakers got so much good footage

Jack 1017
5th March '12, 12:53 AM
This is fucking sick

BIGDON
5th March '12, 12:58 AM
shows how hard it is to get out of the Championship while saving money

proud of us this season

Scrappy123
5th March '12, 01:09 AM
shows how hard it is to get out of the Championship while saving money

proud of us this season

I am so proud of the Journey we have been on, it's not a joke.

Forever in Fayed's debt.

Grizzly
5th March '12, 01:33 AM
what channel was this on? will catch up tomorrow

Tony Starks
5th March '12, 01:41 AM
Paladini's passion came through a lot more when Briatore fucked off. He's not so bad after all lol

NSF
5th March '12, 01:44 AM
Briatore saying Warnocks shit just cos he drew or lost one game even though they stayed at the top of the table, the guys a fucking clown lol

Tony Starks
5th March '12, 01:45 AM
Can easily say without Warnock, QPR would still be in the championship

NSF
5th March '12, 01:47 AM
It was hard watching that at times, I swear Flavio had no clue as to what he was doing and just thought he'd throw his money at it for an easy way to invest. Ecclestone complaining that energy drinks are costing too much and to get rid of them <<<<<<<<

Jack 1017
5th March '12, 02:33 AM
what channel was this on? will catch up tomorrow

Was on BBC2 bro, should be on iPlayer tomorrow

Grizzly
5th March '12, 02:34 AM
Was on BBC2 bro, should be on iPlayer tomorrow

nice one.

nortside
5th March '12, 03:13 AM
Gives a good insight. Them italians really do live up to them hot tempered stereotypes :laugh:

Hij
5th March '12, 03:35 AM
This worth downloading ?

Tony Starks
5th March '12, 03:46 AM
This worth downloading ?
Definitely

Hij
5th March '12, 04:00 AM
Definitely

Cheers nice one will report back in a couple days

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 08:14 AM
Paladini's passion came through a lot more when Briatore fucked off. He's not so bad after all lol
No hes a cunt. Dodgy deals, found to be a liar in court, signing shit players through dodgy agents.
It was hard watching that at times, I swear Flavio had no clue as to what he was doing and just thought he'd throw his money at it for an easy way to invest. Ecclestone complaining that energy drinks are costing too much and to get rid of them <<<<<<<<
Exactly. That shows why he.is hated by everyone, and everyone abused him anywhere near the club.

Passionate yes, 'not so bad' no.

woah sacking bare managers tbh

JamieQpr how close isit to happening again if u go down this season with that wage bill
I think we'll be ok. We have the financial backing to survive, we didnt have that before.

BIGDON
5th March '12, 11:01 AM
if u missed it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01d7kd7/QPR_The_Four_Year_Plan/

Jay
5th March '12, 11:22 AM
Never realised thing's were such a mess. Wasn't that a bit of Chinese whispers with Paulo Sousa? Swear he said I sent the players on holiday for 2 days and when they came back the chairman decided Blackstock could go? Not that he went on holiday and came back to find him gone?

Rambo
5th March '12, 11:31 AM
downloading now

Grizzly
5th March '12, 01:36 PM
Watching now bros

Grizzly
5th March '12, 03:09 PM
Sick watch for any football fan.

Didn't realise the state they were in before watching this.

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 03:11 PM
Flav and bernie are gone now. Now got amit (with mittals) and fernandes >>>>>>>>

kilik
5th March '12, 03:42 PM
going to watch this later on iplayer

flavio sounds like a cunt.

you guys know he told one of his drivers in f1 to crash so the teammate alonso could win the race? hes banned for life now

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 04:07 PM
Also lads, believe me, a lot more shit happened. Some of the things that werent on the film were worse...

Jay
5th March '12, 06:09 PM
Also lads, believe me, a lot more shit happened. Some of the things that werent on the film were worse...

Do tell more...

Hickory Dickory
5th March '12, 06:15 PM
Do tell more...

tbh.

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 06:40 PM
Jay Hickory Dickory

Doesn't show Flavio with a tactics board in the dressing room before the Man Utd game (with a player apparently making him look like a mug in the process :laugh:). Doesn't show the sale of Lee Camp, who apparently got sold for shagging a directors daughter :laugh: Doesn't show the heated convo between Gareth Ainsworth and Briatore after he picked Vine vs Wolves, doesn't show Briatore telling Ainsworth he's not allowed to pick the team anymore. Doesn't show brown envelopes being involved with deals (ttkk). I wish they had footage of Magilton headbutting Buzsaky and squaring up to Ageymang after the Watford game aswell. It also doesn't show Paladini + Flavio signing Parejo without the manager knowing.

Theres definitley more that happened which I need to find out about aswell, apparently more happened with Ainsworth and Briatore.

The fact that this documentary had Flavio's FULL backing shows me that there are other incidents that haven't been shown. Fair enough it gives a good idea and its a brilliant watch, but this isn't everything they got up to.

Josh
5th March '12, 07:08 PM
great watch. the end scenes of the promotion celebrations reminded me of our promotion last season and i felt sad :sad:

BIGDON
5th March '12, 07:18 PM
yeah the promotion scenes were sick really want us to get 1st place this season

want to experience that last home game party feeling lifting a trophy

Jay
5th March '12, 10:53 PM
@Jay (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=2) @Hickory Dickory (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=8620)

Doesn't show Flavio with a tactics board in the dressing room before the Man Utd game (with a player apparently making him look like a mug in the process :laugh:). Doesn't show the sale of Lee Camp, who apparently got sold for shagging a directors daughter :laugh: Doesn't show the heated convo between Gareth Ainsworth and Briatore after he picked Vine vs Wolves, doesn't show Briatore telling Ainsworth he's not allowed to pick the team anymore. Doesn't show brown envelopes being involved with deals (ttkk). I wish they had footage of Magilton headbutting Buzsaky and squaring up to Ageymang after the Watford game aswell. It also doesn't show Paladini + Flavio signing Parejo without the manager knowing.

Theres definitley more that happened which I need to find out about aswell, apparently more happened with Ainsworth and Briatore.

The fact that this documentary had Flavio's FULL backing shows me that there are other incidents that haven't been shown. Fair enough it gives a good idea and its a brilliant watch, but this isn't everything they got up to.

I had no idea any of this had happened.

lolDonations
5th March '12, 11:04 PM
Briatore is a don though still.

You cant argue with the calibre of birds he has impregnated

quality
5th March '12, 11:09 PM
LOL at those grown men outside the ground when he was talking about selling "Flavio, we love you, you saved us".

Almost as embarrassing as that Sky Sports interviewer with Redknapp/wheeler dealer "Awww Harry I didn't...".

MoneyMan
5th March '12, 11:10 PM
Just iplayer'd this. Was a very good watch, as Jamie said obvioulsy it's not the 100% truth/full story but I love seeing a bit of what goes on behind the scenes of football clubs. That Amit guy is well clever, semms to be the one really running things but he makes other people feel as if they're in charge lol, sick guy.

JamieQpr I know you probably answered this at the time but how did you feel when Warnock got sacked? I thought it was a bit harsh tbh I felt he would have kept you up, still think you'll stay up tbh. Your strikers now are midtable quality not bottom of the league and that was the one thing you were badly missing.

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 11:14 PM
LOL at those grown men outside the ground when he was talking about selling "Flavio, we love you, you saved us".

Almost as embarrassing as that Sky Sports interviewer with Redknapp/wheeler dealer "Awww Harry I didn't...".

Cringeworthy as fuck.

Just iplayer'd this. Was a very good watch, as Jamie said obvioulsy it's not the 100% truth/full story but I love seeing a bit of what goes on behind the scenes of football clubs. That Amit guy is well clever, semms to be the one really running things but he makes other people feel as if they're in charge lol, sick guy.

JamieQpr I know you probably answered this at the time but how did you feel when Warnock got sacked? I thought it was a bit harsh tbh I felt he would have kept you up, still think you'll stay up tbh. Your strikers now are midtable quality not bottom of the league and that was the one thing you were badly missing.
Yeah Amit is a top man, glad he's still with us.

I love Neil Warnock for what he did, the man is a complete legend (even though it is an overused term, it is justified). How he got us up is a miracle. We started off well, but he became stubborn, got shown up for his poor tactics, lost the dressing room, treated players badly and his first team coach + assistant manager were pissheads and it was an amateur setup. It was the right time to go. I'll always love the man and be grateful for what he did, but it was the right time to go. I'm praying for another miracle in the next few weeks, cos our run in is ridiculously hard.

quality
5th March '12, 11:21 PM
You rate Hughes? Even with that investment, you still don't look proper imo. Maybe time to gel.

Never thought I'd feel sorry for Colin, but this documentary has changed my mind.

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 11:23 PM
You rate Hughes? Even with that investment, you still don't look proper imo. Maybe time to gel.

Never thought I'd feel sorry for Colin, but this documentary has changed my mind.
Definitley more organised, something missing though. He's a prem manager, Warnock isn't. If we stay up, we'll definitley be better next year. If we go down, I'm not sure he'll stick around. I feel sorry for Warnock, but it was time for him to go. Sooner Barton fucks off the better though.

quality
5th March '12, 11:30 PM
Definitley more organised, something missing though. He's a prem manager, Warnock isn't. If we stay up, we'll definitley be better next year. If we go down, I'm not sure he'll stick around. I feel sorry for Warnock, but it was time for him to go. Sooner Barton fucks off the better though.

How's Wright Phillips doing? My mate who supports QPR is doing his nut about him.

Also the indian guy seemed bang on, is this the case or were they all nightmares?

Julio Cesar
5th March '12, 11:50 PM
How's Wright Phillips doing? My mate who supports QPR is doing his nut about him.

Also the indian guy seemed bang on, is this the case or were they all nightmares?

SWP has been fucking awful. Forgot how to be a footballer, cant dribble, shoot, cross, beat a man, pass. Nothing.

The indian guy is bang on, always looks out for the fans. The fact that his father in law has 18bn in the bank and he owns shares also helps :laugh: Tony Fernandes is our new guy, hes also a top man and seems the real deal. Whatever happens this season I'm confident that Fernandes + Amit will do their best by the club.

GrimmyGrimGrim
5th March '12, 11:57 PM
watched most of this, indian geezer had his head screwed on

those italians were pricks

clocked my mate from up the road in this during the press conference bits, think he must be a reporter for QPR

NSF
6th March '12, 12:03 AM
Just remembered Fernandes was sat in with the crowd at QPR's last game, seems like he wants to make an effort with the club. More than Briatore did anyway, still can't get over some of the shit he came out with lol.

lolDonations
6th March '12, 12:10 AM
I reckon its a bit naive to rave about Amit.

He is just a bit more 'aware'. I bet behind closed doors he was doing his nut. Just on camera he wanted to look sensible. Flavio just doesn't give a shit (and why should he really. What does our opinion matter to him)

Julio Cesar
6th March '12, 12:18 AM
I reckon its a bit naive to rave about Amit.

He is just a bit more 'aware'. I bet behind closed doors he was doing his nut. Just on camera he wanted to look sensible. Flavio just doesn't give a shit (and why should he really. What does our opinion matter to him)
Every fan thats met him has raved sbout him, warnock raved about him and he speaks a lot of sense. I knew what he was like before I saw this lol. I genuinely trust him to do well.

lolDonations
6th March '12, 12:24 AM
Im sure you know a lot more than me.

Its just, remember that bit where he is talking to Warnock. Agreeing with him.

Then he walks over to the CEO man, the other asian guy, and he basically says he was just lying to Warnock so he would be happy when he went home that day

Hij
6th March '12, 12:52 AM
Lmfao at some of the shit that goes on im only 20 minutes in

i dread to think what our owners were like

datnigganev
6th March '12, 07:41 PM
Good watch lol! at the half time team changers from the board!

kilik
6th March '12, 07:57 PM
great watch.

flavio came in like a cunt expecting miracles. i like the indian guy. hes a bawse wifed a girl whos father is top 5 richest in the world. thats don work

i respect warnock more now aswell, in 1 year he got them promoted after all the bullshit that happened.

seems like as soon as flavio left as chairman their was less tension in the club aswell, he brought the wrong vibe