PDA

View Full Version : The youth players at your club that might break through this year.

Danny Trejo
6th August '08, 09:20 AM
Tell me about them.

As regards to us (Liverpool), I think we're probably going to see a bit of:

Insua, defender who throws himself forward a lot (sometimes a bit reckless but whatever). Probably more a Carling cup season than anything else but with Degan injured already, Riise gone, if Dossena picks up a knock he'll probably get a break.

David Ngog. Striker who was shit at PSG to be honest (1 in 19) but he's already got 2 in pre-season and looked quite impressive. With Crouch gone, Voronin going and Kuyt now an ineffectual right-winger, he'll probably get a few starts.

Midfield, we could be seeing some of Damien Plessis and Jay Spearing alongside Lucas who already has a few starts under his belt. This is obviously our strongest portion of the field though, so I'd say that really depends on injuries.

Been hearing a lot about Jack Rodwell at Everton, who can play in midfield or at centre back. He's only 16 but Everton have no depth and have bought no-one so I reckon he'll probably get a game or four.

Anonymous
6th August '08, 11:12 AM
Frazier Campbell - Done well on loan last season, SAF has said he will be given his chance this season, Current state of strike force and lack of activity in transfer market means more chances for him plus Rooney is out for the first game of the season. He has bags of pace but looks very raw/unfinished product.

Rafael and Fabio Da Silva - Will probably feature mostly in Carling Cup but may see them in the odd premier league game. Brazilian twins from Fluminense, Both just 18. Rafael can play anywhere down the right and Fabio anywhere down the left. Fabio is Brazilian U-19 captain and regarded higher than his brother. Rafael played a blinder against Peterborough, Fabio came on at half time. Both have been training with Man Utd since January and havent played competitive football for a year or something. Both very attack minded and each grab a few goals, Fabio particularly is a good free kick taker.

Jonny Evans and Rodrigo Possebon are the others that spring to mind.

Anonymous
6th August '08, 11:32 AM
*Awaits Gooners running in the thread hailing Jack Wilshire as the best player since Maradonna*

The Messiah
6th August '08, 11:41 AM
Jack Wilshere - Nifty little player. From what I've seen of him, he can play on the wings and "in the hole" behind the front two. Did very well in the reserves last year. His name was being bandied around by a few Arsenal people last season as one to look out for. Wenger has surprised a ton of people by renumbering him from 55 to 19, meaning that he's regarded as a first team player now. Won't see too much of him in the league I imagine, except as one of the 7 substitutes.

Aaron Ramsey - Everyone wanted him. I guess this season we shall see why and where he is in terms of his potential. Has been okay pre-season. Wilshere has been stealing the limelight from him to be fair. I expect he'll be starting in the Carling Cup and will be having a few substitute appearances in league games that have been long won.

Carlos Vela - Finally having his first season as a proper Arsenal player. Did well in Spain during his two seasons on loan. He played mainly as a left winger, but Wenger has said that he sees his final position as a forward (a la Walcott). Vela is probably top of the pecking order of the "New 3" and you'll see him start a few games.

Players you might see in the league:

Henri Lansbury & Mark Randall - Both are midfielders, both are often named as ones to keep an eye on. Randall had an appearence against Sunderland at the end of the season. With the above three now in the squad, its highly unlikely we'll see these players in anything other than the Carling Cup. But due to the nature of some of teh more injury prone senior Arsenal players, you may see them on the subs bench in a few games.

EDIT:

*Awaits Gooners running in the thread hailing Jack Wilshire as the best player since Maradonna*

Allow it. Wenger normally takes ages when it comes to playing young players. The only youth players he has played often from a very young age were Ashley Cole, Fabregas, Clichy and Walcott. If Wilshere joins that group of players, then I don't think it's unreasonable for an Arsenal fan to expect great things from him in 2/3 years time.

Anonymous
6th August '08, 11:42 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Vela in action.

Pristine Condition
6th August '08, 12:25 PM
Frazier Campbell - Done well on loan last season, SAF has said he will be given his chance this season, Current state of strike force and lack of activity in transfer market means more chances for him plus Rooney is out for the first game of the season. He has bags of pace but looks very raw/unfinished product.

Rafael and Fabio Da Silva - Will probably feature mostly in Carling Cup but may see them in the odd premier league game. Brazilian twins from Fluminense, Both just 18. Rafael can play anywhere down the right and Fabio anywhere down the left. Fabio is Brazilian U-19 captain and regarded higher than his brother. Rafael played a blinder against Peterborough, Fabio came on at half time. Both have been training with Man Utd since January and havent played competitive football for a year or something. Both very attack minded and each grab a few goals, Fabio particularly is a good free kick taker.

couldn't agree more.

Jammie Dodger
6th August '08, 12:37 PM
Jack Wilshere - Nifty little player. From what I've seen of him, he can play on the wings and "in the hole" behind the front two. Did very well in the reserves last year. His name was being bandied around by a few Arsenal people last season as one to look out for. Wenger has surprised a ton of people by renumbering him from 55 to 19, meaning that he's regarded as a first team player now. Won't see too much of him in the league I imagine, except as one of the 7 substitutes.

Aaron Ramsey - Everyone wanted him. I guess this season we shall see why and where he is in terms of his potential. Has been okay pre-season. Wilshere has been stealing the limelight from him to be fair. I expect he'll be starting in the Carling Cup and will be having a few substitute appearances in league games that have been long won.

Carlos Vela - Finally having his first season as a proper Arsenal player. Did well in Spain during his two seasons on loan. He played mainly as a left winger, but Wenger has said that he sees his final position as a forward (a la Walcott). Vela is probably top of the pecking order of the "New 3" and you'll see him start a few games.

Players you might see in the league:

Henri Lansbury & Mark Randall - Both are midfielders, both are often named as ones to keep an eye on. Randall had an appearence against Sunderland at the end of the season. With the above three now in the squad, its highly unlikely we'll see these players in anything other than the Carling Cup. But due to the nature of some of teh more injury prone senior Arsenal players, you may see them on the subs bench in a few games.

EDIT:

Allow it. Wenger normally takes ages when it comes to playing young players. The only youth players he has played often from a very young age were Ashley Cole, Fabregas, Clichy and Walcott. If Wilshere joins that group of players, then I don't think it's unreasonable for an Arsenal fan to expect great things from him in 2/3 years time.

I think everything has been said here.

Eric Cantona
6th August '08, 01:18 PM

Possebon looks like an Alonso style player, he looks quality when i see him play, i hope he plays against Juve tonight, same for Fabio & Rafael, Fergie rates them alot.

Danny Trejo
6th August '08, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I've read a lot of internet hype about Jack Wilshere. Possibly because he's been signed by Wenger, dunno.

Has he played any pre-season? Might try and get a look at him on Arsenal TV.

Jammie Dodger
6th August '08, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I've read a lot of internet hype about Jack Wilshere. Possibly because he's been signed by Wenger, dunno.

Has he played any pre-season? Might try and get a look at him on Arsenal TV.

His been at Arsenal since he was 9. Scored 13 goals in 18 games at U-19's. Already scored 2-3 goals for the first team. And he is very very good.

Anonymous
6th August '08, 01:32 PM
Possebon looks like an Alonso style player, he looks quality when i see him play, i hope he plays against Juve tonight, same for Fabio & Rafael, Fergie rates them alot.

They will. Meant to be same team that played Peterborough but Scholes, Giggs and Neville are probably going to feature too.

Danny Trejo
6th August '08, 02:03 PM
His been at Arsenal since he was 9. Scored 13 goals in 18 games at U-19's. Already scored 2-3 goals for the first team. And he is very very good.

Did not know that.

Hij
6th August '08, 02:44 PM
What Slackk said, but El Zhar, Nemeth and Pacheo look good prospects for a season or two down the line.

Ryddel
6th August '08, 03:14 PM
Tottenham:
John Bostock: Watching him in pre-season in spain he was taken out their ahead of KPB (Kevin Prince-Boateng), Kaboul etc, Ramos played him in all of the spain friendlies powerful runner, expect him to be a much better upgrade on Jenas box to box.

Troy Archibald-Henville: A youth product from the academy plays all along the defence reminiscent of a young Ledley King, and has been training with first team for quite a while, tall,pacey,composed on the ball & good concentration so if he is to be anything like King i will be very happy.

Danny Rose: Signed from Leeds for 1m a year ago with Liverpool also interested pacey left winger, capped by Eng U19s and featured in the U19 World Cup along with David Button from Spurs, skillful player with lots of ability.

Adam Smith: Looked good young RB from academy came on for last 15mins in game against Borussia Dortmund and set up Jamie O'Hara for 3rd goal, looks like a good prospect haven't seen much of him.

'nuum general
6th August '08, 11:27 PM
we don't have any good youth players, though nicky featherstone's gonna play a bit more if we don't sign some strikers

6th August '08, 11:42 PM
What Slackk said, but El Zhar, Nemeth and Pacheo look good prospects for a season or two down the line.

Nemeth was literally brilliant in the reserves last year. He hasn't really been anything special so far in pre season though, although he hasn't really played much. El Zhar and Pacheco are both quality as well, but I don't think any of the reserve players from last season will be playing in the first team (apart from the Carling Cup) tbh. I can still see Benitez taking someone from the reserves and playing them quite a bit like he did with Leiva though, but I doubt that will happen until at least a few months into the season.

Hij
7th August '08, 12:18 AM
TBH Leiva cost 5m, he shouldn't be in the reserves.

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 11:38 AM
Along with Boro and Man city we have one of the best english youth set-ups.

The latest one to make the step up is Nathan Delfonsauo, hes now a first team sqaud member and is supposed to be better then Gabby Agbonlahor, who literally burst on the scene from nowhere.

Yet another future Enland international on villas books

We could have 11 english men on the field and 5 on the bench and still give a very good account of ourselves. Can the big four do that?

The Messiah
7th August '08, 03:27 PM
We could have 11 english men on the field and 5 on the bench and still give a very good account of ourselves. Can the big four do that?

No, but that is exactly why they are playing Champions League football and Villa aren't. They give an excellent account of themselves with non-English payers in their team.

Hij
7th August '08, 04:11 PM

The question here is surely, who cares?

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 04:15 PM
Rafael >>>>>>>

Guy looked sick yesterday against Juventus, i can see him making 1st team in the future.

Pristine Condition
7th August '08, 04:19 PM

Nope,

So Villa can stay in the UEFA Cup

Rambo
7th August '08, 05:54 PM
Mark davies

Lol

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 06:15 PM
The question here is surely, who cares?

A proud Englishman is who cares, surprised you havent taken up speaking spanish pal, what happens in 5 years when gerrard and carragher arent goin strong. What english backbone you gonna have? None.

just some guy with a headband with greasy hair who hasnt heard of "3 lions".

Look at your reserves...alot of good players yeah, but how many are English?

Were probably gonna get to the quarter finals (at the most) of the UEFA cup with more english players then the cups ever seen.

Ur gwarnin like u dont care about English players being in your team, if thats your attitude then your an idiot in my opinion.

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 06:41 PM
Cortz shut up, in 5 years Young & Agbonlahor will be at Liverpool or somewhere better.

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 06:45 PM
Cortz shut up, in 5 years Young & Agbonlahor will be at Liverpool or somewhere better.

Lol alex your anybody, In 5 years there wont be a "top 4" because it will change so often. So why would they want to leave when weve broke that barrier?

Your a FAN im a SUPPORTER theres a big difference mate.

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 06:53 PM
Cortz please shut the fuck up like you know anything about me.

There will always be a top 4 until Fifa or Uefa change how many spots in Champions League England can have. I don't see Villa breaking that anytime soon signing players like Young & Shorey aka England B team.

I'm a fan and your a supporter? beg you explain this

Jay
7th August '08, 07:27 PM
Cortz comes with the subtle racial undertones.

The Messiah
7th August '08, 07:30 PM
A proud Englishman is who cares, surprised you havent taken up speaking spanish pal, what happens in 5 years when gerrard and carragher arent goin strong. What english backbone you gonna have? None.

just some guy with a headband with greasy hair who hasnt heard of "3 lions".

Were probably gonna get to the quarter finals (at the most) of the UEFA cup with more english players then the cups ever seen.

Ur gwarnin like u dont care about English players being in your team, if thats your attitude then your an idiot in my opinion.

Does it matter if any of the top 4 have an English backbone in 20 years time? If you tell them that they'll still be top 4 in the country and playing Champions League no fan or board director will care.

Having English players in your team doesn't give you any sort of moral high-ground to stand on. Just so you know.

Fair point. If young and Agbonlahor are at Aston villa in their prime

Lol alex your anybody, In 5 years there wont be a "top 4" because it will change so often. So why would they want to leave when weve broke that barrier?

Oh dear, I hope you wake up from your dream sometime soon. Even if a team does break into the top 4 for a season, it'll will take a hell of an effort and a massive cash injection to be able to stay there and displace the team they ousted permanently. The money the top 4 are getting from Champions League is a lot. On top of that it gets them new fans from Asia, Africa, Scandinavia etc. which then breeds more money though merchandise.

Additionally, people forget 3rd and 4th doesn't guarantee you CL group stages, as Everton found out a few season ago. Arsenal and Liverpool will nearly always qualify because they are seeded and even in a bad season, they are last 16 CL teams. The same cannot be said for any other "up and coming English team". Aston Villa getting 4th and then not qualifying is pretty much the same as Aston Villa finishing 5-7th. To rub salt into the wounds, the "fallen" team could probably still attract players that Aston Villa (who I'm using as an example) couldn't.

'nuum general
7th August '08, 07:32 PM
I'm a fan and your a supporter? beg you explain this

possibly something to do with loyalty???

*shrugs shoulders & walks out of thread*

7th August '08, 08:54 PM

Jay Spearing, Stephen Darby, Jack Hobbs, Paul Anderson, Craig Lindfield, David Martin...

I'm not just naming names either, these are people who I can actually see playing in the first team in the future.

7th August '08, 09:05 PM
I actually agree with Cortz about clubs needing more English players... it pisses me off as well that most of the good teams these days need foreigners to stay as good as they are. I don't really mind a player being Scottish or Irish, but all these Europeans and Africans are getting a bit annoying tbh.

I accept that they're making the teams better, but they just piss me off because you can tell it doesn't really mean that much to them.

Local lads >>>>> Foreigners

RIP Jakey
7th August '08, 09:06 PM
Cortz is coming unstuck in this thread

RIP Jakey
7th August '08, 09:10 PM
I actually agree with Cortz about clubs needing more English players... it pisses me off as well that most of the good teams these days need foreigners to stay as good as they are. I don't really mind a player being Scottish or Irish, but all these Europeans and Africans are getting a bit annoying tbh.

I accept that they're making the teams better, but they just piss me off because you can tell it doesn't really mean that much to them.

Does it really matter, if English players went abroad who would be bitching? no-one, bigger clubs abroad would buy them if they were good enough. atm they're not, until we produce better players there will be a lot of foreigners.

Grimes
7th August '08, 09:20 PM
spoken like a true arsenal fan

7th August '08, 09:26 PM

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:00 PM
i aint unstuck jake i jus cba 2 carry on i no what im saying, and Messiah when a team breaks in the top 4 u dont think there gonna have the money from champs league to try and stay in the top 4?

Arsenal have 2 sell every year, HAVE TO your manager said that so its just a matter of time before the weak link gets snapped.

Arkan
7th August '08, 10:02 PM
Brighton:

Wes Fogden.

We have no other good reserve players tbh.

For other clubs.
That barazite guy for arsenal looks good.
nemeth for liverpool.
daniel sturridge(i know hes playe a few games already for man city, but this player WILL be amazing)
jack cork for chelsea
freddy sears for westham

oh and kinda biased by jamie mackie for plymouth(isnt young.....22, nor in the reserves, but is a mate of mine, and its good to see a mediocre player at school play in the championship)

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 10:03 PM
Oi dickhead read my post and reply to what i asked you.

Xtra P
7th August '08, 10:07 PM

You sound like this fam...

Q2fGl9587X8

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:12 PM
Yeh Daniel Sturridge will deffo be alot.

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 10:19 PM
Your a FAN im a SUPPORTER theres a big difference mate.

Pussy

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:23 PM
Oh your talking to me, skeen the "oi dickhead" bit went right over my head...

yes i love pussy, dont you?

Xtra P
7th August '08, 10:25 PM
Alex wants you to explain what you ment by that whole fan versus supporter thing! :evilgrin:

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 10:25 PM
Explain your comment i quoted you noob.

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:36 PM
Explain your comment i quoted you noob.

wtfs a noob?

Ur a fan who sit on his arse when Man Utd are on the plane to a champions league match, chat bare shit about all teams, only supported Man Utd because you saw the top of the table whn you was a yoot.
Thats what you are a fan, whereas me i have Villa in the heart and running through my veins and still get butterflies in my belly on a saturday at 3pm when im pissed and clapping as i see my team coming down the tunnel ready 2 do battle. You, you clap at the screen and sing your made up songs.

Thats the way you come across ne way.

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:39 PM
Anticipates more bullshit from a guy with a number in his name...

The Messiah
7th August '08, 10:41 PM
Does it really matter, if English players went abroad who would be bitching? no-one, bigger clubs abroad would buy them if they were good enough. atm they're not, until we produce better players there will be a lot of foreigners.

I disagree. Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc are good enough to play abroad. The English have had a long standing dislike of going abroad to ply their trade. I personally believe this is a major factor as to why the national team struggles to fulfil its potential. I could use Brazil, Argentina and France as examples of national sides with players all over the place. I could also use Germany and Portugal. Only Italy and Spain have a strong base of players at home, that said, at least more than one of their respective Euro 08 squads played outside the league of said country.

Victoria Concordia Crescit. Victory through harmony. We are a multicultural club representing a multicultural city.

Winning the league doesnt' mean much to foreigners? Ask any footballing teenage African kid what his dream is and they'll tell you, winning the English league with Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool. But like you said winning the league clearly didn't mean much to Vieira for example. Just ask all those who were on the receiving end of his tackles...

i aint unstuck jake i jus cba 2 carry on i no what im saying, and Messiah when a team breaks in the top 4 u dont think there gonna have the money from champs league to try and stay in the top 4?

Arsenal have 2 sell every year, HAVE TO your manager said that so its just a matter of time before the weak link gets snapped.

The highlighted red shows that you completely missed my point. Finishing 3rd/4th doesn't guarantee you Champions League. The ousted team in 5th surely would be good enough to get to the later stages of the UEFA Cup and could potentially make up the majority of the money lost from CL TV rights. One seasons worth of CL money isn't going to keep you in the top 4:

Rangers count cost of Euro defeat (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7544536.stm)

12 million? Wouldn't even get you Dean Ashton...

Bit in green: Spoken like a true Spurs fan. Find me the link to where that Wenger quote is about having to sell. Pray that you can find it, and pray that it's credible. Otherwise hush your gums. Your e-noise is irritating my e-ears.

Grimes
7th August '08, 10:41 PM
some serious beef

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:43 PM
Messiah im a Villa fan not a spurs so stop hyping and ill find the quote.

7th August '08, 10:44 PM
You sound like this fam...

Q2fGl9587X8

LOL

But Arsenal fans can't really comment on it tbh because their team is already almost completely foreign, so they're naturally going to be biased because they're used to it.

I'm not on about teams being completely English btw, I don't mind a few foreigners... all I'm saying is that they should be a minority.

The Messiah
7th August '08, 10:45 PM
Messiah im a Villa fan not a spurs so stop hyping and ill find the quote.

I know you are a Villa fan. My Spurs comment is perhaps an indicator of the level of which I'm beginning to regard your posts.

But Arsenal fans can't really comment on it tbh because their team is already almost completely foreign, so they're naturally going to be biased because they're used to it.

I'm not on about teams being completely English btw, I don't mind a few foreigners... all I'm saying is that they should be a minority.

Who was the first team to play an all foreign side? Not Arsenal...
Which is the only top 4 side actually owned by Englishmen?
However which team gets the brunt of anti-foreigner or quota campaign due to the West Ham and Spurs loyalties of a lot of major newspapers and a personal crusade by Trevor Brooking?

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:46 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/2304938/Arsene-Wenger's-hands-'financially-tied'-as-Arsenal-manager-slams-greedy-players.html

theres you go

"The strategy of the club is to sell every year and to buy less expensive players," he said.

Xtra P
7th August '08, 10:46 PM
some serious beef

The cows are dang

RIP Jakey
7th August '08, 10:48 PM

I aint saying I wouldn't like more English players cos I would but I don't want 11 English players on the pitch if it means we can't attract the best talent in the world.

Hopefully with the talent being bought and coming through in a few years Arsenal will have 3/4 English players in our first team and hopefully it'll only grow from there.

Liverpool can hardly boast a team full of Englishmen.

Xtra P
LOL

Name your first team & tell me if its an english majority!

Nine Bar
I know you are a Villa fan. My Spurs comment is perhaps an indicator of the level of which I'm beginning to regard your posts.

And what i dont give a fuck, i no about football mate, I love villa but the truth is reality and hopes are fantasies until we see otherwise.

Arsenal changed for the worse when Viera and co left

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 10:49 PM
wtfs a noob?

Ur a fan who sit on his arse when Man Utd are on the plane to a champions league match, chat bare shit about all teams, only supported Man Utd because you saw the top of the table whn you was a yoot.
Thats what you are a fan, whereas me i have Villa in the heart and running through my veins and still get butterflies in my belly on a saturday at 3pm when im pissed and clapping as i see my team coming down the tunnel ready 2 do battle. You, you clap at the screen and sing your made up songs.

Thats the way you come across ne way.

Cortz i live 5 minutes away walk from Old Trafford stadium you doughnut?

I used to have a season for 2 season on the trot?

Your a prick, not every club gives away tickets for like 5 quid a game you moron, you think i have 2 grand to go to Moscow you cunt, you think i can afford not to work Saturday's and go to every game ?

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:51 PM
Al3x i understand what your saying and nobody sells tickets for 5 quid a game (i think) but you just come across like your on a high horse, ill take it back minor, but beacsue u live 5 mins away from the ground doesnt mean your a supporter mate.

But lets move on eh

RIP Jakey
7th August '08, 10:53 PM
I disagree. Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc are good enough to play abroad. The English have had a long standing dislike of going abroad to ply their trade. I personally believe this is a major factor as to why the national team struggles to fulfil its potential. I could use Brazil, Argentina and France as examples of national sides with players all over the place. I could also use Germany and Portugal. Only Italy and Spain have a strong base of players at home, that said, at least more than one of their respective Euro 08 squads played outside the league of said country.

I know they are thats obvious and yeah I think players not wanting to go abraod is one of the problems as well.

The Messiah
7th August '08, 10:54 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/2304938/Arsene-Wenger's-hands-'financially-tied'-as-Arsenal-manager-slams-greedy-players.html

theres you go

"The strategy of the club is to sell every year and to buy less expensive players," he said.

Haha! Note how this is different from:

Arsenal have 2 sell every year, HAVE TO

Arsenal do not have to sell every year. That story is quoting what Wenger said according to the News of World! I have other qualms with that article but those aren't as important.

Does a club have to necessarily stick to it's strategy? Did Chelsea get the two Champions League trophies it wanted in it's 5 year strategy?

Funny.

And what i dont give a fuck, i no about football mate, I love villa but the truth is reality and hopes are fantasies until we see otherwise.

Whatever. Come find me if it ever happens.

Arsenal changed for the worse when Vieira and co left

Most Arsenal fans will agree with things getting worse when Vieira left. However they will also use Vieira as an example as to why you don't necessarily need English players to have a backbone. It's is no co-incidence that the clubs worst disciplinary records occurred when Vieira was at the club and in the seasons when we won the league.

RIP Jakey
I don't think Al3x is the 1 on his high horse here.

Nine Bar
We have the best League in the world why leave? Foreign players take it for granted, top english players will probably only leave to go abroad when their on the downfall at like 31/32 onwards

Grimes
7th August '08, 10:55 PM
all them leagues (Germany,France,Portugual etc) have a entirely different ratio of home grown to foreign players compared to england

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 10:56 PM
Al3x i understand what your saying and nobody sells tickets for 5 quid a game (i think) but you just come across like your on a high horse, ill take it back minor, but beacsue u live 5 mins away from the ground doesnt mean your a supporter mate.

But lets move on eh

No dickhead, you no better of a supporter then me because your team is shit and you sing about it.

7th August '08, 10:56 PM
Name your first team & tell me if its an english majority!

That's what I'm saying! We need more English players! I'm not just hating on Arsenal lol.

Grimes
7th August '08, 10:58 PM
I am a separate entity from liverpool

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 10:59 PM
LMAO llow it man because were not gonna get ne where, we'll see who Arsene sells next year

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 11:00 PM
No dickhead, you no better of a supporter then me because your team is shit and you sing about it.

You no your a fan because your catching feelings, the truth hurts.

Now stop hyping if you no your right then well done. keep it to urself.

The Messiah
7th August '08, 11:00 PM
That's what I'm saying! We need more English players! I'm not just hating on Arsenal lol.

Quite a few Liverpool fans have been saying this. Arsenal fans like English players too y'know. Why do think Walcott is such a huge fans favourite and everyone is hyping about Wilshere?

But no way will I accept a culture of buying English players just for the sake of it if they don't improve the team. Jol did this with Tottenham a few season ago, got them nowhere. West Ham did the same as well. The quality English players are overpriced, and unlike the two teams above us, we are actually committed to getting rid of our debt asap.

The Messiah
7th August '08, 11:01 PM
LMAO llow it man because were not gonna get ne where, we'll see who Arsene sells next year

And we'll see where Villa finish in the league as well.

Nine Bar
7th August '08, 11:04 PM
But do you really not care when not one english player is in your starting 11.

Grimes
7th August '08, 11:06 PM
its pretty obvious why liverpool fans rant on about this

Xtra P

You don't complain when torres puts the ball in the back of the net.. do you?

you can't have it both ways!

If a players good enough, he will play wheather he's english or from afganistan.

Why da fuck does it matter!

Grimes
But do you really not care when not one english player is in your starting 11.

this is why they don't care

GrimmyGrimGrim
7th August '08, 11:07 PM
watch out for Drogba, Deco, Ballack, Lampard and Shevchencho this season. Fresh blood

'nuum general
7th August '08, 11:08 PM
We have an english (British) majority

Myhill

Ricketts Turner Garder Mendy

Garcia Boateng Marney Halmosi

Windass Geovanni

The Messiah
7th August '08, 11:10 PM
But do you really not care when not one English player is in your starting 11.

If the starting 11 are the best players in the squad then no.

The job of a club is to be as successful as it can in it's own right. It has no obligation to aid the improvement of the quality of homegrown players nationally - especially if it is to their own detriment in terms of success and league position. That is the job of the FA.

At the end of the day, it's not as if we have no young English talent being produced, we have plenty. If they are good enough they'll play. If not they'll go off and be sucessful elsewhere like Bentley, Upson etc.

Eric Cantona
7th August '08, 11:11 PM
You no your a fan because your catching feelings, the truth hurts.

Now stop hyping if you no your right then well done. keep it to urself.

Now you need to jump off your high horse and stop acting like your the biggest fan on Grimeforum.

Grimes
7th August '08, 11:13 PM
It has no obligation to aid the improvement of the quality of homegrown players nationally - especially if it is to their own detriment in terms of success and league position. That is the job of the FA.

Maybe the FA should learn from the MLS

GrimmyGrimGrim
7th August '08, 11:16 PM
i dont wanna get involved much in this debate but i'll take this oppourtunity to say Chelsea have a healthy number of (good) English players

The Messiah
7th August '08, 11:19 PM
Maybe the FA should learn from the MLS

Or maybe they should learn from, (and I mean properly learn instead of just copy) what the French FA did with Clarefontaine, and how the Australians generally approach sport. Instead of Trevor Brooking using certain clubs as a scapegoat for the English FAs failings.

Grimes
7th August '08, 11:19 PM
cortz you make it hard for any one to relate to your arguement the way you come across

'nuum general
7th August '08, 11:20 PM
I've never really understood the english argument.
Having local heros is the thing, hence Windass>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grimes
7th August '08, 11:21 PM
Or maybe they should learn from, (and I mean properly learn instead of just copy) what the French FA did with Clarefontaine, and how the Australians generally approach sport. Instead of Trevor Brooking using certain clubs as a scapegoat for the English FAs failings.

Definitely

ZDOT
7th August '08, 11:53 PM
Taarabt is gonna do alot

Grimes
8th August '08, 10:33 AM
u know what this argument should be handled properly