PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Dalglish uses DVD to show 'truth' about sinned-against Liverpool

quality
9th December '11, 10:25 AM
Two years ago it was Rafa Benítez with his folded sheet of paper containing various "facts" about perceived Liverpool grievances. On Thursday in the same room Kenny Dalglish went one better, with a DVD display illustrating why Liverpool were more sinned against than sinning at Fulham on Monday, a match that earned the club a double dose of disciplinary trouble from the Football Association, with Luis Suárez accused of making an offensive gesture to home supporters and Liverpool charged with failure to control their players following the dismissal of Jay Spearing. "If anyone wants to see the truth it's on the screen," the Liverpool manager said.

"If we have infringed rules we will have to accept it and take the punishment, but I'm not certain what the rules are when it comes to disputing a decision," Dalglish added. "What I do know is that referees are inconsistent with their interpretations. The only intent in Jay's mind was to get the ball, and normally our discipline is good, as our film clip can prove.

"If you look at the way Craig Bellamy was being provoked [by Clint Dempsey] at Fulham you can only say his discipline was unbelievable. He didn't commit a foul, he didn't respond to the player shoving his head into his face, and yet he was the one to get booked. Once that happened we ended up having to take him off so we weren't left with nine players."

Footage from the game does appear to support that point, and Dalglish said it would be presented to the FA if Liverpool were asked to defend themselves, along with clips of Suárez being wrestled to the floor in the penalty area by Brede Hangeland and getting nothing, Andy Carroll being fouled and Bellamy being wrongly penalised for a harmless tussle with John Arne Riise.

"We just want to be dealt with fairly," Dalglish said. "We want the same rules to apply to us as to everyone else. At Fulham I think we got the short end of a lot of 50-50 decisions that on another night might have gone our way. Anyone watching the clips can see that for themselves."

Uppermost in Dalglish's mind is the latest charge to hit Suárez, two months after the Uruguayan was accused of racial abuse by Manchester United's Patrice Evra, a case which the FA has still to bring to a conclusion. Apart from being dismayed by the time that original investigation is taking – "Nine weeks to reach a decision is a joke, if it goes on any longer it will soon be due a testimonial" – Dalglish fears his player is being deliberately wound up by opponents and receiving scant sympathy from referees. "I've seen the picture [of the gesture] now and I'd rather be sitting here talking about football," the Scot said.

"The charge only landed yesterday afternoon and I have yet to speak to him about it, but everyone at this club will stand by him. We know what the truth is. Because he's such a fantastic player, opponents who can't stop him on the pitch find other ways to get at him. People are entitled to tackle him, but tackle him fairly. That's all we are saying.

"People are just jumping on the bandwagon now and accusing him of this, that and everything else. He is happy here, happy in his environment, but we need the outstanding issues to be cleared up before we can start talking about the man as a footballer."

Dalglish claims he can list four other players who have made similar gestures to the one Suárez made and escaped without charge, though he is reluctant to say who they may be. He disagreed that the Suárez gesture to the Fulham crowd was in any way comparable to the Wayne Rooney outburst into a television camera at West Ham that saw the Manchester United player charged and banned for a couple of games last season.

"I don't see any similarities between the two incidents at all," he said. "Saying they are a bit like each other is like saying a man is a bit like a woman. We have picked out at least four other instances that were just the same and the players were not charged. All we are asking for is some clarity on the matter."

Despite being without a league goal since the start of October, a fortnight before the United game and the trouble with Evra, Dalglish is convinced Suárez remains popular with supporters and will continue to be central to the club's plans.

"The contribution he makes is important, it is not necessary for him to score every week as long as he continues to terrorise people," he said.

"As long as opponents have to resort to verbals to try and get to him he must be doing something right. The fans recognise that. They will be right behind him on Saturday, because they know what's been going on. At the end of the day he's not been getting a fair crack of the whip."

http://bonerthebrave.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rafa-despair.jpg

I feel I should make clear to Hij that this isn't a personal attack on Daglish, but has anyone who has ever gone a bit mental in the press (Keegan and Benitez at Ferguson, Wenger at Mourinho) ever composed themselves and gone on successfully? I know he's playing to the crowd here, but coming across as paranoid won't help the write ups in the press.

M.O.G.
9th December '11, 10:32 AM
Can someone point out where Dalglish is wrong though?

Edit: Anti Liverpool brigade, your time!

quality
9th December '11, 10:46 AM
Talking about intent with Spearing's tackle - intent or getting the ball doesn't matter, he wasn't in control and could have injured Moussa Dembele with the follow through. Plenty of red cards for similar things (indeed Torres was sent off this season without even touching someone), its not a big Liverpool conspiracy.

And surely the length of time on the Suarez/Evra thing is because its a delicate matter, and a he says she says thing. If it was Ferguson making comments on a case of alleged racism like that, Liverpool fans would be going nuts.

M.O.G.
9th December '11, 11:07 AM
Talking about intent with Spearing's tackle - intent or getting the ball doesn't matter, he wasn't in control and could have injured Moussa Dembele with the follow through. Plenty of red cards for similar things (indeed Torres was sent off this season without even touching someone), its not a big Liverpool conspiracy.

And surely the length of time on the Suarez/Evra thing is because its a delicate matter, and a he says she says thing. If it was Ferguson making comments on a case of alleged racism like that, Liverpool fans would be going nuts.

Every time a player steps foot on the field there's the potential to be injured, if you look closely at the challenge you can patently see Spearing gets the WHOLE ball, yeah there was a follow through but what can we expect when he is travelling as he was? It's impossible to stop yourself, yeah granted there's been challenges like that all season even during a game we were involved in (the rodwell incident) but we were the first to put our hands up and call it what it was....a terrible decision.
If you're going to send players off for challenges like Spearing made then at the same time the ref should have sent off Dempsey for a) a tackle from behind (which he did twice during the game) and b) raising his hands to Bellamy....both were worthy and lets be honest, Balotelli got sent off for less against us last week.

It's not been the season as a whole, I can take the penalties that havent been given and players wrestling Suarez that's football but the Fulham game was an annoying evening, the ref was terrible and yes I believe Suarez is being persecuted.

The obvious comparision I can make is this: When we beat Arsenal earlier in the season, after our second goal didnt Raul Meirelles also flip the finger? What was the outcome of that? NOTHING, but Suarez...gets charged...it's a joke.

9 weeks to sort out the investigation is a joke tbh (lol almost being a testimonial though)

Kenny is right to have his say, he is the manager and feels were being persecuted, I dont think we are as a 'team' I just think Suarez is being pin-pointed

quality
9th December '11, 11:15 AM
Why was he travelling like he was? The way football is now, you can't go in recklessly, you have to be in control of your body. It's a soft red card, but there are definitely previous reds like it.

The art of tackling is dead anyway, actually going in and taking the ball off someone's toe, people just seem to throw themselves in to tackles. Maybe its the speed of the game.

I thought I'd point it out anyway in the interests of fairness - if Ferguson had made a DVD, he'd be cracking up right?

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

From FIFA's laws of the game. No mention of getting the ball. I can see why he was sent off, and I can see why it won't be overturned.

M.O.G.
9th December '11, 11:37 AM
Why was he travelling like he was? The way football is now, you can't go in recklessly, you have to be in control of your body. It's a soft red card, but there are definitely previous reds like it.

The art of tackling is dead anyway, actually going in and taking the ball off someone's toe, people just seem to throw themselves in to tackles. Maybe its the speed of the game.

I thought I'd point it out anyway in the interests of fairness - if Ferguson had made a DVD, he'd be cracking up right?

From FIFA's laws of the game. No mention of getting the ball. I can see why he was sent off, and I can see why it won't be overturned.

But do you see where Kenny would feel hard done by? 1 it wasnt a lunge it was a full bodied and 2 the law states there 'from behind'..yet Dempsey did that twice and on one occasion (albeit not dangerous) using both feet.

Pristine Condition
9th December '11, 11:41 AM
I agree with everything he said until

"I don't see any similarities between the two incidents at all," he said.

:laugh: Rooney didn't even swear to anyone but got a two match ban. missing a FA Cup Semi Final aswell.

quality
9th December '11, 11:47 AM
But do you see where Kenny would feel hard done by? 1 it wasnt a lunge it was a full bodied and 2 the law states there 'from behind'..yet Dempsey did that twice and on one occasion (albeit not dangerous) using both feet.

I see why he feels hard done by. I see why any manager would feel hard done by after a game where decisions don't go their way. I think its a bit gay to ramp it up to some massive conspiracy theory and make a DVD for the press. He's playing to the gallery, that's fine, but...

Cringe.

NSF
9th December '11, 12:18 PM
What might be written down in rules should be used as a guideline about fouls etc. other factors come into play when playing football, no one can alter physics. The refs should be using their own common sense with the rules. Since Spearing got the ball and Dembele got back up he should've got a warning to watch those kind of tackles. If he'd been throwing in reckless tackles and it looked like he was being careless then fair enough give him a card but from what I remember he'd not made any stupid challenges before that one.

Bellamy shouldn't have got a yellow card because of the Dempsey incident either since it was Dempsey who went running upto him and pushing his face into Craig's while he was laughing it off.

Big 45
9th December '11, 01:19 PM
lol @ this victim mentality liverpool has adopted.

No one is unfairly against them, Dogleash and the fans are whinging like a bunch of fags just to try and worm their way out of getting punished by the FA.

El Asesino
9th December '11, 01:25 PM
If you watched the game then you know, the refereeing was absoloutely awful

It's obvious Dogleash and the fans are whinging like old women just to try and worm their way out of getting their players punished by the FA.

http://www.unlimitedperfumes.com/images/chanel-5.jpg

Also, LOL at Rooney's 3 game ban getting reduced smfh

adidasgrandad
9th December '11, 01:27 PM
when teams start putting themselves across as victims <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

its not even just a liverpool thing.

eventually the decisions are gonna go your way and the old phrase "referee's are inconsistent" is gonna turn into "well its about time we had some luck"...and thats all it is...luck. so sit the fuck down lol

Josh
9th December '11, 01:38 PM

Got to agree, it's becomming rather farcical now. Liverpool fans I know are pretty embarrassed about it all.

quality
9th December '11, 01:48 PM
eventually the decisions are gonna go your way and the old phrase "referee's are inconsistent" is gonna turn into "well its about time we had some luck"...and thats all it is...luck. so sit the fuck down lol

Would have repped.

Steve Bruce had a few stock phrases like "refs were against us today" and, when they weren't "against" them, "we just didn't get the breaks". Its an easy way of deflecting attention from poor results.

Jay
9th December '11, 01:54 PM
Nothing that Dalglish has said is wrong, but this stuff happens to smaller clubs week in week out. Its a realization of no longer being one of the big four.

Jack 1017
9th December '11, 02:36 PM
I agree with the Suarez bit Biblatelli has got it like this right now as well. The rest has already been summed up ITT the decisions didnt go your way, you lost the game move on to the next one and make sure your star studded strikeforce proves their worth.

Lol @ making a DVD some Spurs shit

Villain_94
9th December '11, 02:44 PM

No one is unfairly against them, Dogleash and the fans are whinging like a bunch of fags just to try and worm their way out of getting punished by the FA.

snm

Pirate
9th December '11, 03:58 PM
Fuck off Dalglish, Suarez gets stick because he's a racist and a cheat. Even apart from the diving, watch the World Cup vs Ghana FFS.

Josh
9th December '11, 04:29 PM
Suarez bites people, dives etc. and Daglish crys when the fans chant 'cheat' at him lool

Brisboy84
9th December '11, 06:27 PM
There is no agenda against Liverpool. I do think Suarez is a target though. He doesn't help himself going to ground too easily.

MoneyMan
9th December '11, 06:57 PM
The reffing in that Fulham game was shit and 80% or more of the shit decisions went against LFC so Kenny has a right to be aggrieved but I think all he's doing is trying to create a victim, a siege mentality, which is what Mourinho did at Chelsea (also what he's trying to do at Real) and Fergie at United. If it works he will win the league.

Could backfire heavily though, as you need every single member of the squad and backroom staff and boardroom - everybody - singing from exactly the same hymnsheet, make everyone feel hard done by and tell them the only way to exact vengeance is by battering all other teams 4-0.

I Don't think Liverpool currently have enough passionate players for that to work though, Gerrard & Carragher definitely past their best, Suarez is a new cult hero and give his all, Kuyt and Reina also, but who else? Liverpool need their youth players and native Englishmen to step up, as they obviously feel the pride more fiercely, the type of players they bought though in Downing, Henderson, Carroll etc aren't the type to react well to criticism and pressure, and I don't think they will work well in that system.

There is no agenda against Liverpool. I do think Suarez is a target though. He doesn't help himself going to ground too easily.

He's the boy who cried wolf as, due to him now having this reputation, everytime he is illegitimately challenged refs will be more reluctant than normal to give the foul.

Scrappy123
10th December '11, 12:04 AM
Fuck off Kenny.

http://u.goal.com/157100/157117hp2.jpg

Come at me bro.

Xtra P
10th December '11, 12:46 AM
I'm surprisedHij aint come through this thread like the Tasmanian devil yet

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110814214802/uncyclopedia/images/1/1a/Taz_spinning.jpg

Scrappy123
10th December '11, 01:10 AM
I'm surprisedHij aint come through this thread like the Tasmanian devil yet

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110814214802/uncyclopedia/images/1/1a/Taz_spinning.jpg

I tried lure him in but didn't work:laugh::evilgrin:

Hij
10th December '11, 01:17 AM
Nothing that Dalglish has said is wrong, but this stuff happens to smaller clubs week in week out. Its a realization of no longer being one of the big four.

Fair

But then you should be pleased he is asking for consistency then!

I knew most responses from people before I even read this thread.

Good on him overall and glad to see at least 4 other premier league managers coming out in support of various things he said.

The Independant's piece on it was the best - said he wasn't over the top like some people say he was here but that in one or two areas he was biased - which is to be expected.

I know of three journalists who didn't even want to link it to Rafa but were forced by their sports editors. One felt so strongly over the article he was forced to write his name has been removed from the article

95% of people's opinions will come from "Kenny", "DVD" and a perceived victim mentality.

I accept that so I won't waste my time countering any inane comments here.

Hij
10th December '11, 01:30 AM
:laugh: Rooney didn't even swear to anyone but got a two match ban. missing a FA Cup Semi Final aswell.

I agree- and I think Dalglish went too far there though. But what about the other instances of players showing their fingers? Why aren't they charged for it? Where is the consistency? Can we adopt some fucking rules and stick to them. We barely ever get in the refs face, but I see it week in, week out all the time over the Premier League, Chelsea were famous for it once upon a time and the one time we do it (and I'm happy we did as we seem to be absolute pussies at that, contrary to any cries of a "victim mentality") we are charged with failing to control our players?

Would have repped.

Steve Bruce had a few stock phrases like "refs were against us today" and, when they weren't "against" them, "we just didn't get the breaks". Its an easy way of deflecting attention from poor results.

Did you watch the match? It wasn't 1 or 2 decisions, it was about 15 or 20 over the course of the match. One of them matches and we had one before against Swansea, where the referee seems to enjoy not giving us anything. The only thing fucking farcical was the amount of times I wanted to throw my laptop out the window as Kevin Friend gave us the sum total of fuck all. And you can fuck off as well @Scrappy123 (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=6042) - Dalglish doesn't even mention Friend by name, nor does he show any lack of respect towards Fulham as a club he just points out the problems and glaring inconsistencies with some of the decisions. Why isn't there communication, why don't referees explain decisions?

While Suarez doesn't help himself by making the most of contact (he doesn't actually "dive" that much) - it shouldn't fucking matter- and why does everyone always bang on about him as if no other cunt in the league dives anyway?

If it's not a foul, don't give it, if it is, give it. I never remember such furore over Cristiano cunting Ronaldo - just perpetual wanking over him. Each decision should be based on its own merits. When we get these fucking cunt referees like Lee fucking Mason that set out to make sure Suarez gets absolutely nothing even when he is kicked, booted, shoved and taken out on the half way line- I'm glad we come out and cry foul. Throughout the whole game - only giving the really obvious decisions- why shouldn't Kenny make the press aware of it? Is it not unbelievable that I came out with all this shit before Kenny did ? Except he does it in a much more calm and composed manner.

Fuck off Dalglish, Suarez gets stick because he's a racist and a cheat. Even apart from the diving, watch the World Cup vs Ghana FFS.

Alright. Fuck it I changed my mind. You can get to absolute fuck of all fucks for starters. How about you post up the fucking Phil Neville handball? How is it that his hand ball is "taking one for the team, sacrificing himself for the cause" and yet when Suarez does it - we all think he's a cunt? Like anybody here would be annoyed if it happened for their team.

Listen to Andy Gray here - there are no cries of "cheat" - there are no cries of how shameful it is. Infact the Everton fans have consigned this to history - it never happened - Suarez is the first person ever to use his hands to cheat, not Maradona, Thierry Henry or lowly Henchoz (for completion).

lAuIeioKtHk

And I want conclusive proof that he's a racist posted up here within the next 24 hours or you can hold a ban.

I'm fed up with decisions "evening" themselves out- we've played well this season and suffered due to a lack of finishing - we was never going to win the match, we simply weren't going to be allowed to- I'm sure everyone's had one of them games- don't we all want to make sure that they don't happen?

Dowd did it as well against Swansea. Suarez was fouled 12 times. I counted 3 questionable decisions (where you could make a case of him diving or the foul not being worthwhile giving). Of the 9 decent calls, A SINGLE free kick was given in the ENTIRE 90 minutes. And guess what, it was the week after Mr Ferguson came out bitching about Suarez being a diver. Dowd, like Friend did the other night, seemed to revel in making sure he gave Suarez nothing, apart from the one foul he gave when he got booted off his arse and to not give it would just highlight to everyone watching his total incompetence- like say, not giving a goal that was a yard over the fucking line at Old Trafford. And do you know what we did with a club as victim mentality then? We sat on our hands and said absolutely nothing.

And don't fucking talk to me about his bite when the likes of Eric fucking Cantona can drop kick a fan in the front of the crowd and still get held in the esteem they are. The absolute hypocrisy over all of this makes me sick to the back teeth. And don't tell me that I'm defending the indefensible either - I'm pointing out other instances where we seem to apply different rules as to the public perception of the player.

It used to fuck off me off with Torres as well, because no-one ever looks at it from our point of view. Suarez only 'dives' because its the only way he can draw attention to the man handling he takes on the pitch. The only way players can stop him is by kicking him off the park- and they virtually admit as much in their pregame interviews. Look at John Arne Riise's for starters.

And it's funny you mention victim mentalities, because it seems there used to be a big fucking victim mentality down the M62 as well then @Big 45 (http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/member.php?u=12072)

Sir Alex Ferguson last night accused teams of a deliberate and systematic campaign designed to kick Cristiano Ronaldo out of the game.
Ronaldo was left with stud marks on his knee after a series of brutal challenges from Villarreal players which enraged United boss Fergie."I don't think enough is done about it," said Fergie. "By that I mean the systematic fouling of Ronaldo. It's a tactic for teams now. One player fouls him, then another player fouls him, then someone else does.

I can't defend Suarez as a person, I think he is over passionate sometimes on the pitch with his absolute will to win -which endears himself to me, and I myself am too passionate sometimes as well. What I don't like is that the pitchforks are out for him and it seems like he is to be hounded until he leaves the country.

Hij
10th December '11, 01:53 AM
But do you know what, fuck it. I hope Dalglish can deflect everyone's bitterness onto him and the players will fight for him as he's taking all the shit.

He's the boy who cried wolf as, due to him now having this reputation, everytime he is illegitimately challenged refs will be more reluctant than normal to give the foul.

Is he the only boy who cried wolf? Why does it seem like diving in the Premier League is only ever undertaken by Suarez these days? And it's bollocks that they should be more reluctant.

THE OPINIONS OF THE PRESS, OR OTHER FOOTBALL MANAGERS, OR THE OPINION/BIAS OR FEELING THAT THE REF HAS TOWARDS A PLAYER - SHOULD HAVE NO BEARING ON A REFEREE'S DECISIONS.

They need to look at what happens on the pitch right there and make a judgement call, dependant on what they SEE TAKE PLACE, not WHO is involved.

Husso
10th December '11, 01:54 AM
Hij

To everything just said.

Scrappy123
10th December '11, 01:57 AM
lol Hij. I wasn't being serious, I just wanted to see how quick and bad a reaction I would get. I will reply properly now still..

tbh as much as I find him irritating, I agree with what he thinks over the officiating, but this has been happening for a long while now. Fuck that Atwell cunt who single handedly allowed Bolton to beat us in the FA Cup last year.

I didn't really see Dalglish or anyone from Liverpool complaining when they were getting ridiculously soft penalties from Gerard in the past seasons and Suarez this season though. Not denying the fact that officiating still needs to be looked at.

Truthfully Hij, If Fergie done this, what would your reaction be?:laugh:

Hij
10th December '11, 02:12 AM
I didn't really see Dalglish or anyone from Liverpool complaining when they were getting ridiculously soft penalties from Gerard in the past seasons and Suarez this season though. Not denying the fact that officiating still needs to be looked at.

Truthfully Hij, If Fergie done this, what would your reaction be?:laugh:

Alright cool, sorry nah reading each individual post got me bare angry over time as I remembered the absolute farce of last week.

The way in which Dalglish worded what he said needs to be looked at as well. He didn't bring the screen down and then cry about it as has been suggested he simply asked the journalists to look at the decision the ref made - and then make up their own mind. Some articles have said that maybe Dalglish was right that 3 out of 5 were wrong, some have gone up or down from that number.

I know of several journalists who said that Dalglish normally doesn't give them much at all to play with - and that they appreciated that he did this and perhaps it is better for managers to do so 2-3 days after a match when they are more composed, rather than in the 5 minute period directly after a match when emotions are running high.

Fergie has done things like this for years - just in different ways. Like I said, Dalglish made sure he didn't reference Friend and said that he doesn't blame referees but clearly the system isn't working. On the other note about the FA and Rooney, even Quality agreed with that. And if there are different appeal processes you have to ask yourself why

And there will be fucking hell to pay if the FA ban Suarez for sticking his middle finger up I swear to god.

Xtra P
10th December '11, 03:42 AM
I remember when Eduardo got crucified on here and in the media for diving against Celitic lol man hadn't even dived before in an Arsenal shirt and he got hung drawn and quartered.

remember this thread lol

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?35180-Arsenal-v-Celtic&highlight=Eduardo

Hij
10th December '11, 03:45 AM
I remember when Eduardo got crucified on here and in the media for diving against Celitic lol man hadn't even dived before in an Arsenal shirt and he got hung drawn and quartered.

remember this thread lol

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?35180-Arsenal-v-Celtic&highlight=Eduardo

I went in on that as well to be honest. And your right.

But then perhaps you can see where we are coming from. Especially when full on fouls aren't even given now.

Xtra P
10th December '11, 03:58 AM
I went in on that as well to be honest. And your right.

But then perhaps you can see where we are coming from. Especially when full on fouls aren't even given now.

lol yh I can fully see where you're coming from, that why I havn't gone in on Suarez.

Hij
10th December '11, 04:15 AM
What annoys me is you always have to come with the caveat of "sometimes he exaggerates contact". I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't tumble easily sometimes, but no more or less than any other average player in my eyes. He seriously doesn't dive in the literal sense that much at all.

inb4 he dives for a penalty tomorrow and its all over the papers :laugh:

Maybe its a bit different with Van Persie in that he's a strong mother fucker with a lot of upper body strength and his game isn't based on bursts of pace or a quick change of direction like Suarez - where it is clearly easier to foul someone by just kicking them off balance as he's already trying to duck and dive to get past a defender.

E.G I'm trying to work out why teams don't apply the same tactics to Van Persie (kick the crap out of him), but he does seem quite skilled and quite strong at standing his ground more- and perhaps one of the reasons he's the better striker at the minute.

Scrappy123
10th December '11, 04:31 AM
The Suarez type player will always get the rough treatment.

Ronaldo was getting stamped on just for bookings when he was in the league lool. Hij you can slightly see how I felt when Spearing went In on Dembele though and why I was pissed after it. It could of been a complete fuckery.

Hij
10th December '11, 04:38 AM
No I definitely understand how the contact looks and how the injury could have transpired and we are lucky his leg was in a jumping motion just before the contact or it could have been a break.

But in my eyes it's never a tackle it's a 50-50. He's not gone in on the player he has won the ball that is loose and caught the player coming the other way.

There needs to be a difference between honest challenges or just throwing yourself in at a player to hurt them.

I think after consideration I'm willing to admit that decision was correct. I'm not gonna go completely Birmingham and say he's The Messiah a really nice player but he clearly just wanted to win the ball for our team.

Difference is Spearing just clatters it up the pitch whereas Lucas would win that with a deft touch and spread it to a player in red without needing to commit to a slide.

The standing tackle is imperative as Lucas excels at it. Spearing perhaps going for the crowd inspirer to win points and impress Kenny and the fans.

I think that's a fair summary.

Josh
10th December '11, 01:01 PM
If it's not a foul, don't give it, if it is, give it. I never remember such furore over Cristiano cunting Ronaldo - just perpetual wanking over him. Each decision should be based on its own merits. When we get these fucking cunt referees like Lee fucking Mason that set out to make sure Suarez gets absolutely nothing even when he is kicked, booted, shoved and taken out on the half way line- I'm glad we come out and cry foul. Throughout the whole game - only giving the really obvious decisions- why shouldn't Kenny make the press aware of it? Is it not unbelievable that I came out with all this shit before Kenny did ? Except he does it in a much more calm and composed manner.

Lee Mason is an absolute cunt of a referee, an absolute disgrace, how he is reffing in the Prem is beyond me.

Post was a good read tbh :-D

Pirate
10th December '11, 04:44 PM
Hij

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/edlwsspyrt/suarez2.jpg

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/edlwsspyrt/suarez.jpg

Also, everyone's been calling him a racist and it's only me threatened with a ban? smh

And Neville's a cheat too. When Taylor did it, he was cheating - and I was especially pissed off cos we were losing the game anyway and then lost him to a three match suspension :angry:

PS That's a censored pic from a source at the FA, sorry for quality issues

quality
12th December '11, 12:12 AM
Guess I got my karma with those decisions today loooool