PDA

View Full Version : The Official January Transfer Window Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

El Asesino
5th December '11, 02:19 PM
ITT post rumours, inside info, or just players you'd like your club to sign.

Will Liverpool sign another holding midfielder with Lucas out for the rest of the year?

Will Cavani make a big money move from Napoli to the premiership, perhaps to partner his Uruguayan team mate Suarez at Liverpool? He's hot property with 33 in 46 games (wiki) since his move from Palermo in 2010.

Will Anelka and Alex find new clubs inside the top flight?

Will Chelsea look to splash out? Perhaps Torres will move abroad?

Will Man City look to spend excessive amounts for the sake of it?

Discuss.

quality
5th December '11, 03:20 PM
Anelka is off to the MLS isn't he?

My prediction - Harry Redknapp to say Player X is a triffic player, but we're just not making a bid for him. Just not possible. 2 days later Player X signs.

El Asesino
5th December '11, 03:24 PM
Anelka is off to the MLS isn't he?

My prediction - Harry Redknapp to say Player X is a triffic player, but we're just not making a bid for him. Just not possible. 2 days later Player X signs.

I've said it many time but I seen Drogbas land rover in Sandbanks round the corner from Harry Redknapps house. Whether that move is off, or happening in January I'm not sure. But they definatly had talks.

Dunno about Anelka I'd have him at LFC, but he might end up going MLS or Anzi Mzikadhv whatever they're called they got bags of money (where etoo went)

Plak
5th December '11, 03:31 PM
LOL. Liverpool being able to sign cavani :laugh: :laugh:

You joker.

El Asesino
5th December '11, 03:34 PM
LOL. Liverpool being able to sign cavani :laugh: :laugh:

You joker.

Our south american contingent is growing stronger though, surely a factor for a player looking to move abroad

Maxi, Lucas, Coates, Suarez, Aurelio, Doni.

Mr. Jefferies
5th December '11, 03:35 PM
i heard city will be after cavani.

we will sign nobody. maybe an unknown african player on loan or something.

quality
5th December '11, 03:41 PM
Our south american contingent is growing stronger though, surely a factor for a player looking to move abroad

Maxi, Lucas, Coates, Suarez, Aurelio, Doni.

If Cavani goes abroad, he'll be looking at wages and championships. At the moment, there are lots of teams who can offer better opportunities for both.

He won't go mid-season anyway, hardly anyone worth their salt ever does (Suarez excepted last time, but he was on thin ice at Ajax anyway).

El Asesino
5th December '11, 04:00 PM
Napoli's front three are fucked

Lavezzi Cavani Hamsik

would do damage in the prem

If Cavani goes abroad, he'll be looking at wages and championships. At the moment, there are lots of teams who can offer better opportunities for both.

He won't go mid-season anyway, hardly anyone worth their salt ever does (Suarez excepted last time, but he was on thin ice at Ajax anyway).

Liverpool are a club on the rise, Cavani is still young

quality
5th December '11, 04:15 PM
Napoli are a club on the rise. Its a sideways move, it wouldn't make any sense.

El Asesino
5th December '11, 04:17 PM
Is Italian football on the rise though? Last 5-10 years it really dropped off, it looks as if it's making a comeback now tbh but I can't say I watch much at all.

When I was younger the Serie A was easily as big as the EPL or La Liga but then they had the scandals/relegations which really stagnated the progress over there. Surely the EPL is far more attractive for someone like Cavani

quality
5th December '11, 04:39 PM
Yeah the Premier League leaders just stuffed Napoli in the Champions League. Oh...

Jack 1017
5th December '11, 05:04 PM
Yeah the Premier League leaders just stuffed Napoli in the Champions League. Oh...

lululu Shitty cant perform against good teams r/s

Inshallah we let Arshavin, Chamahk, Almunia, Squillaci, Diaby, Denilson all leave and sign a striker and a left winger

chris89
5th December '11, 05:09 PM
I'm pissed Alex is leaving tbh, I think we'll look at signing Cahill

Alex>>>>>>>>>>Cahill though

Samir_NasG
5th December '11, 07:46 PM

Inshallah we let Arshavin, Chamahk, Almunia, Squillaci, Diaby, Denilson all leave and sign a striker and a left winger

nah bruv. Rumours we've enquired about Pato :-D

MoneyMan
5th December '11, 07:54 PM

loooooooooooooooooool

sending sending SENDINGGGG

Mr. Jefferies Big 45 - come back your team lads

The Don
5th December '11, 07:57 PM
I'm pissed Alex is leaving tbh, I think we'll look at signing Cahill

Alex>>>>>>>>>>Cahill though

this

would like to think we'll sign another creative player/winger aswell - apparently kevin de bruyne's move is close but with mceachran bertrand kakuta romeu lukaku and other people who got sniffs in pre-season like chalobah it shows that raw talented youth isn't a problem for us, we need a balance now of young and hungry but fairly developed footballers like sturridge ramires luiz mata imo, the same sort of player that mourinho brought in a lot of

would like cavani, saw a few napoli games when i was out there and he's a beast, but he didn't have the best of times at palermo apparently and so it could just be he's found a club that suits him like torres did

we could be down 3 forwards in january and i'm sure we're going to try to sign someone though, but i'm not a fan of major squad adjustments in january, i know zoffie will come in and say we wanted torres from summer but i still get the feeling he was an impulse buy and it could have cost us the title last year, people will laugh but if we had our luiz-inspired resurgence without all the drama around fernando the games at old trafford in europe and the league could've been different who knows

edit; maybe not in january, but i don't see bosingwa kalou anelka drogba ferreira hilario malouda alex at chelsea next season, so the overhaul we're in need of looks to be happening which is a good look

5th December '11, 08:01 PM
there will no be activity in january for arsenal tbh

but if we wanted alex before n hes leaving now then maybe
n if were gonna get rid of players i dunno tbh so fnvdishkjgfhvchd big up arsene wenger being arsene wenger as usual

gervinho leaving for the african cup of nations n chamakh but not song apparently so maybe chamberlain will get a more regular spot would be nice to see

Brisboy84
5th December '11, 08:05 PM
The worst rumour i've seen for the window so far, is Chelsea offering Lampard in part exchange to Tottenham for Modric lol.

My hope is that Arsenal bring in at least a striker. Anything else would be a bonus.

Switch
5th December '11, 08:10 PM

Inshallah we let Arshavin, Chamahk, Almunia, Squillaci, Diaby, Denilson all leave and sign a striker and a left winger.

Mario Gotze name is being mention quite heavily, also seeing little murmurs of podolski rumours

still think we need a better option for left back, as gibbs is forever injured

wud
5th December '11, 08:31 PM
Newcastle will sign Modibo Maiga finally

Think we should probably find a new defender, depends if Santon is ready to start games after Taylors injury

Grizzly
5th December '11, 08:32 PM
Wolves are apparently leading the race to sign Arsenal’s Emmanuel Frimpong on loan in January.

New Sunderland manager Martin O’Neill could make West Brom’s Peter Odemwingie one of his first targets in the January transfer window.

Plak
5th December '11, 09:21 PM
The worst rumour i've seen for the window so far, is Chelsea offering Lampard in part exchange to Tottenham for Modric lol.

My hope is that Arsenal bring in at least a striker. Anything else would be a bonus.
C/s, the press last few window done nothing but try and unsettle our players. Metro have a story about Jose Mourinho being interested in Kyle Walker after 5 good months in the prem, shit is peak.
I reckon Spurs will sell Bassong, and look to sign maybe a striker (if not we'll leave that to July) sign Ade on a permanent deal (after we play City cah they won't allow it before that) and sign Samba or Cahill (I'd take Samba, not Cahill) also seen us linked with Vertonghen but most likely just gas.

Napoli are a club on the rise. Its a sideways move, it wouldn't make any sense.

N/s to Liverpool fans, but moving from Napoli to Liverpool is a backwards step. Anyway Liverpool won't shell the £40-50M it would take to get him, especially because it will look like them giving up on Carroll and on current showing even if they could find a buyer, he's £12-15M tops.

M.O.G.
6th December '11, 12:04 PM
^^Not sure if srs.

As for signings, new holding midfielder is needed, Spearing isnt up to the grade.
Also would like to see us sign Alex, carras career is winding down and Skrtel and Agger dont strike me as defenders who will shut you out.

The way Kenny has been going on tho we will sign an in-form british player for vast amounts of money so im expecting Andy Johnson to join us for 32 mill

MyLord
6th December '11, 02:13 PM
Sell A.CAROLL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seems Henderson is making some slow improvements so I'll llow him. If he aint playing up to scratch by the end of the season then I say we look else where tbh. No more beating around the bush

COME ON KK... YNWA

^^Not sure if srs.

As for signings, new holding midfielder is needed, Spearing isnt up to the grade.
Also would like to see us sign Alex, carras career is winding down and Skrtel and Agger dont strike me as defenders who will shut you out.

The way Kenny has been going on tho we will sign an in-form british player for vast amounts of money so im expecting Andy Johnson to join us for 32 mill

agree tbh.

:laugh:
wouldn't mind johnson tbh but £32 mill:dead: .

_________Reina

Johnson___Alex__Skrtel__Enrique

_____________Lucas
Johnson____Kuyt_______Maxi
_______Bellemy__Suarezmessi

N/s to Liverpool fans, but moving from Napoli to Liverpool is a backwards step. Anyway Liverpool won't shell the £40-50M it would take to get him, especially because it will look like them giving up on Carroll and on current showing even if they could find a buyer, he's £12-15M tops.

:dead:
Doubt we could get that for him right now

Jack 1017
6th December '11, 02:59 PM

Mario Gotze name is being mention quite heavily, also seeing little murmurs of podolski rumours

still think we need a better option for left back, as gibbs is forever injured

Would be cool with either one of them tbh

I think we're good at LB Santos is improving every game and if worst comes to worst Vermz can play there (no wenger)

Ive lost all faith in Arshavin, hecan fuck off back Russia the little phaggit

Bish
6th December '11, 03:07 PM
we will no sign anyone, wenger said recently i think he is not buying a striker

Hij
6th December '11, 04:57 PM
^^Not sure if srs.

Lmao at the complete lack of respect for your manager. And :laugh: at calling Skrtel and Agger shite when we have one of the best defences in the league with them - joint 1st I believe- although if Alex was signed to put in ahead of Carragher I would agree.

Agree about Spearing - I respect the lad and he tries hard but you can tell he's just not cut out.

we will no sign anyone, wenger said recently i think he is not buying a striker
Whats that Ji Sung Park doing bro

Sell A.CAROLL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seems Henderson is making some slow improvements so I'll llow him. If he aint playing up to scratch by the end of the season then I say we look else where tbh. No more beating around the bush

COME ON KK... YNWA

LMFAO.

You'll never walk alone, well Henderson and Carroll will.

Henderson has been signed for 5 years, not one. And I'll bet everything I have that he doesn't leave next summer.

quality
6th December '11, 05:00 PM
I don't know whether to feel bad for Carroll (he didn't want to leave Newcastle, and everyone knows he's not worth £35m in a normal market) or laugh at him for not taking his career seriously.

I wouldn't mind Spurs signing another centre-back for when the shit hits the fan there, and Bassong looked wank last week. We'll sign someone, even if Harry doesn't end up using them (Pienaar).

Hij
6th December '11, 05:02 PM
I don't know whether to feel bad for Carroll (he didn't want to leave Newcastle, and everyone knows he's not worth £35m in a normal market) or laugh at him for not taking his career seriously.

Sort of agree and kudos for the normal market quote.

He does have time on his side though, we'll see.

Saying that, we need a Defensive Midfielder and a Striker - both 2nd choice. Maybe striker behind Carroll so 3rd choice, but we need a bit extra there I think.

Parring PumPum
6th December '11, 05:27 PM
Won't happen - But we're in desperate need of a back-up 'keeper to Sczesney (sp). Going to need another right-back or a versatile defender who can play there aswell as centre-back. Koscielny is doing really well but I don't like the idea of him playing out of his preferred position for such a long time.

A striker is needed in case of RVP picking up injuries, but our front line seriously needs to be addressed in getting players out as well as in. n/h

Julio Cesar
6th December '11, 06:27 PM
Hopefully we'll get Bassong, we were after him in the summer but it got cancelled cos Spurs didn't sign cahill :angry: I think we'll get another winger (or a left back, depending on where Traore wants to play) and a striker. Apparently we want either Defoe (we've been strongly linked to him in the press, although this is a long shot), Zamora or Johnson as backup option Scrappy123

Scrappy123
6th December '11, 06:30 PM
Hopefully we'll get Bassong, we were after him in the summer but it got cancelled cos Spurs didn't sign cahill :angry: I think we'll get another winger (or a left back, depending on where Traore wants to play) and a striker. Apparently we want either Defoe (we've been strongly linked to him in the press, although this is a long shot), Zamora or Johnson as backup option Scrappy123

Zamora & AJ are too good for you. We know this from our previous match ;)

M.O.G.
6th December '11, 06:51 PM
Lmao at the complete lack of respect for your manager. And :laugh: at calling Skrtel and Agger shite when we have one of the best defences in the league with them - joint 1st I believe- although if Alex was signed to put in ahead of Carragher I would agree.

Agree about Spearing - I respect the lad and he tries hard but you can tell he's just not cut out.

Whats that Ji Sung Park doing bro

LMFAO.

You'll never walk alone, well Henderson and Carroll will.

Henderson has been signed for 5 years, not one. And I'll bet everything I have that he doesn't leave next summer.

Nah, dont get me wrong I rate Kenny, was just a jibe.
I dont rate Agger, ive said this for years...Skrtel is good but both of them have a mistake in them...those kinda defenders.

Alter E-ghost
6th December '11, 07:15 PM
samir tried to say arsenal might get pato :lol:

Samir_NasG
6th December '11, 07:42 PM
samir tried to say arsenal might get pato :lol:

no I didn't you gimp just said there are rumours we enquired about him. kmt.

Hij
6th December '11, 08:06 PM
Nah, dont get me wrong I rate Kenny, was just a jibe.
I dont rate Agger, ive said this for years...Skrtel is good but both of them have a mistake in them...those kinda defenders.
Fair enough.

Switch
6th December '11, 11:51 PM
Would be cool with either one of them tbh

I think we're good at LB Santos is improving every game and if worst comes to worst Vermz can play there (no wenger)

Ive lost all faith in Arshavin, hecan fuck off back Russia the little phaggitfair enough
its as though arshavin has lost 90% of his powers fuck knows whats going off with him

we will no sign anyone, wenger said recently i think he is not buying a strikerwenger says stuff like this all the time, he'll be foolish to think rvp won't get injured and even more foolish to think shitty chamackh or park could even begin to fill that massive void. if someone like podolski is available then we should snatch them up as they'll be more viable options than park & shitty chamakh.

AJNorthEast
7th December '11, 03:30 AM
Dont really care who for, but would love to see david villa in the prem. Pricetag will be to big for a 29/30 year old though

BIGDON
7th December '11, 05:17 PM
Skysports.com can reveal that Habib Habibou is currently training with West Ham United, with a view to sealing a January move.

The Hammers tried unsuccessfully to land the 24-year-old front-man from Zulte Waregem in the summer.

Habibou, who has also previously been linked with Aston Villa and Middlesbrough, emerged as a West Ham target after he hit 12 goals for Waregem.

The striker, who hails from the Central African Republic, has since been in dispute with Waregem over various issues, which has seen him limited to just five appearances this season.

Now the club have given him permission to train with West Ham and he has already made an immediate impression.

Skysports.com understands that Habibou was the unnamed trialist that scored twice in a behind-closed-doors game with Brentford on Monday.

Habibou is desperate to seal a move across the Channel, and he will be hoping that West Ham opt to push through a deal ready for January when the transfer market reopens

:laugh::stunned:

YO2bT5K3mr0

8th December '11, 06:14 PM
are we still going for paul pogba apparently? so he will come in january no?

The Messiah
8th December '11, 06:50 PM
Arsenal interested in Alex at a cut-price...

8th December '11, 07:54 PM
if dortmund want bendtner then we will do a swap deal for gotze ok mistayif u dickhead cunt

daspecimen
9th December '11, 09:01 AM
wasn't keen on the alex rumour in the summer and am still not.

if we find a taker for squilacci then I think we'll bring in a centre half but if not i can't see it happening.

frimpong and coquelin both linked with loan moves to Wolves which would be good for them

El Asesino
9th December '11, 09:57 AM
Luca Toni possibly looking for a new club after not getting a game at Juventus since his free transfer in January 2011. Does anybody rate him? I remember there was a period he was on red hot form and impressed in a world cup/euros a while back admittidly he's 34 now btw.

Anelka deal agreed
French forward agrees terms with Shanghai Shenhua
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7357304,00.html

Chiellini laughs off Liverpool talk
Italy defender rejects English rumours
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7356459,00.html

Wenger - I would buy Neymar
Arsenal boss a fan of Brazilian ace
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7355628,00.html

Chelsea dream for Markovic
Partizan Belgrade starlet hoping for Stamford Bridge switch
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7353921,00.html

Paper talk

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce wants to sign Nicolas Anelka next summer.

Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi is a target for Spartak Moscow and is also being monitored by Arsenal, Chelsea and Aston Villa.

Chelsea and Manchester City are ready to move for Ajax defender Gregory van der Wiel next month.

PSG have stepped up their bid to prise Salomon Kalou away from Chelsea.

Huddersfield want to hijack Sheffield Wednesday's £500,000 bid for Stoke midfielder Ben Marshall.

Manchester City star Mario Balotelli's brother Enoch, 19, is trying to win a contract at Stoke.

Stoke are ready to swoop for Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha in January.

QPR have joined the race for Birmingham defender Liam Ridgewell.

Aston Villa are eyeing Newcastle's Danny Guthrie as a cut-price replacement for Jermaine Jenas.

Blackpool striker Lomana LuaLua wants a long-term contract when his current deal runs out this summer.

Arsenal and Tottenham are set to offer Alex an escape from his Chelsea nightmare.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has called on striker Hugo Rodallega to put his contract talks to the back of his mind.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is preparing a £1.5million bid for Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey.

Swansea are set to make a renewed bid for Middlesbrough captain Matthew Bates
QPR midfielder Alejandro Faurlin is attracting interest from Napoli and two Premier League clubs.

West Brom and Wigan are lining up moves for Nottingham Forest captain Luke Chambers.

Ipswich and Charlton are keen on making a move for Preston's Paul Coutts.

Inter Milan have ruled themselves out of the running to sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.

Liverpool are hopeful of winning the battle to sign Wycombe youngster Jordan Ibe.

Jack 1017
12th December '11, 04:59 PM
Would take Alex tbh We need someone cause I can confirm Santos is out for 3 months bros

Alex or Baines inshallah

BIGDON
12th December '11, 05:08 PM
lol knew we wouldn't sign Anelka

enjoy eating dogs bro

Julio Cesar
15th December '11, 12:25 PM
Apparently we're going to sign Gomes on a 6 month loan as soon as the window opens

DontCare
15th December '11, 12:33 PM
Neymar coming to arsenal :laugh::laugh:

Even if wenger was provided with the funds and neymar wanted to come this would still not happen knowing wenger.
I just hope we sign alex

BIGDON
15th December '11, 12:58 PM
David Villa just broke his leg

there goes all the transfer talk

Julio Cesar
15th December '11, 01:00 PM
David Villa just broke his leg

there goes all the transfer talk
Deep, hope he makes a full recovery and comes back to be as good as before.

BIGDON
15th December '11, 01:04 PM
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted he would love to bring Tevez to White Hart Lane - but concedes that a January move for the Blues outcast is unlikely.

Newcastle have had a £2.5million bid for West Ham defender James Tomkins knocked back by the Championship outfit.

West Ham are interested in a move for Crystal Palace's teenage winger Wilfried Zaha as they bid to strengthen their injury-hit squad in January.

Manchester United youngster Paul Pogba is set to reject a chance to sign a new contract and open talks about a Bosman move to Inter Milan.

Tottenham midfielder Vedran Corluka could be heading to Roma in January, with his agent set to sit down with Spurs and sort out his future in the coming days.

Spartak Moscow are ready to go head to head with Queens Park Rangers for Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

tippa
15th December '11, 01:05 PM
inb4barcasnapuprvp

BIGLEE
15th December '11, 11:24 PM
Reports in Argentina claim Manchester United have tabled a €30m offer for Benfica's Nicolas Gaitan. Nothing from Portugal yet. #mufc

Shakeem
15th December '11, 11:58 PM
Would love to have Cavani, will never happen tho :disappointed:

16th December '11, 12:00 AM
united won't sign anyone good tbh, lol

BIGLEE
16th December '11, 08:36 AM
Everton land Donovan

chris89
16th December '11, 08:42 AM
Got info from a reliable source that Drogba will just go where the money is, Malaga and Shanghai making big offers, don't think he'll be staying

Hutch GrimmyGrimGrim Danielson The Don

Danielson
16th December '11, 02:15 PM
Got info from a reliable source that Drogba will just go where the money is, Malaga and Shanghai making big offers, don't think he'll be staying

damn, will miss the Drog but before we sell him there needs to be a solid replacement unless Torres suddenly steps his game up lol.

BIGLEE
16th December '11, 04:28 PM
West ham United Contact made with Liam Ridgewells agent at the SEM GROUP PLC. Player interested in move back to his boyhood club.

Switch
16th December '11, 04:41 PM
Would take Alex tbh We need someone cause I can confirm Santos is out for 3 months bros

Alex or Baines inshallahbaines would be perfect for us right now

EA
16th December '11, 05:03 PM
Baines would be the easier target. Everton are so poor right now, they'll let him go for a bag of Doritos and some jam donuts.

chris89
16th December '11, 05:57 PM
Baines the young left back who is actually 27 :laugh:

Good player though

Hutch
16th December '11, 06:19 PM

Hope he doesn't go obviously but If he does, then the club needs to actually make it public before he leaves. I hate when we let players leave without a send off from the fans in their last game. Especially someone like Drogba anyway.

chris89
16th December '11, 06:22 PM
Hope he doesn't go obviously but If he does, then the club needs to actually make it public before he leaves. I hate when we let players leave without a send off from the fans in their last game. Especially someone like Drogba anyway.

I'm hoping we offer him what he wants, 2 years of just having Drog around in the dressing room etc. would be worth it and we owe it to him tbh.

16th December '11, 07:16 PM
lol end of a era

i will be glad when big drog leaves chelsea

the way he used to bully us <<<

:sad::sad:

BIGLEE
16th December '11, 08:25 PM
Former France striker David Trezeguet agrees two-and-a-half-year contract with Argentinian club River Plate. #SSN, channel 405.

Switch
16th December '11, 08:44 PM
Baines would be the easier target. Everton are so poor right now, they'll let him go for a bag of Doritos and some jam donuts.:laugh::laugh:

he'd probably cost quite a bit tbh

lol end of a era

i will be glad when big drog leaves chelsea

the way he used to bully us <<<

:sad::sad:
:sad: real shit, i'll be glad when he's officially fucked off, i dont trust these chelsea lads, it could be a ruse

EA
16th December '11, 09:53 PM
:laugh::laugh:

he'd probably cost quite a bit tbh

Doubt it. Arteta was their best player and he cost £10mill.

Jack 1017
16th December '11, 10:22 PM
Baines would cost around 5-7m

Sosa
16th December '11, 10:43 PM
you guys havent added the inflation because he is english

BIGDON
16th December '11, 10:58 PM
West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce has targeted 25 players in the January transfer window who could help revitalise his injury-hit squad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16208825.stm

and from the Chairmans sons Twitter account

jsullivanwhu Jack Sullivan
in the jan transfer window we are looking for a fast winger and a striker who can get 20 goals in the second half of the season

:woah:

The Don
17th December '11, 12:44 AM
yeah drogba's agent came out and said that about going where the money is chris

apparently eto'o's telling him to join him in russia

c/s about him needing a send off, in the last 7 years he's solidified himself as a club legend

chris89
17th December '11, 01:20 AM
yeah drogba's agent came out and said that about going where the money is chris

apparently eto'o's telling him to join him in russia

c/s about him needing a send off, in the last 7 years he's solidified himself as a club legend
It's just Malaga and Shanghai interested at the moment mate, not sure how much money Malaga actually have, it's not like they signed world beaters.

RealOnRoad
17th December '11, 01:24 AM
I think SAF might dip into the market, keeping quiet until he does something
I can see 7-10m being spent on an ACM

El Asesino
17th December '11, 01:32 AM
United are a club in crisis, don't think they'll be buying anyone mate.

chris89
17th December '11, 01:34 AM
Please confirm when Drogba is moving to Tottenham mate

El Asesino
17th December '11, 01:37 AM
Please confirm when Drogba is moving to Tottenham mate

Perhaps in Jan. He definatly had talks with Harry Redknapp because I saw his car by Harry's house you pleb. But this was before they got Adebayor on loan, perhaps a similar deal was going to happen with Drogba maybe he was gunna go out on loan, who knows.

All I know is his car, D drogba license plate, blacked out land rover was in sandbanks by harry's house. Okay it didn't happen but it's not as if I'd make it up lol there was definatly contact

BIGLEE
19th December '11, 10:27 AM
Fulham are lining up a loan deal for marseille striker gignac and also lining up moves for robert snodgrass and nicky maynard

Parrr
19th December '11, 06:51 PM
United NEEEEEEEEEEED a midfielder.

EA
21st December '11, 10:52 PM
Wenger confirms we're in the market for a fullback.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16237583.stm

21st December '11, 11:12 PM
just bring bartley back from scotland tbh

EA
21st December '11, 11:38 PM
Isn't Bartley a centreback though?

22nd December '11, 12:58 AM
yh well hes gonna play vermaelen or koscheinly on the wings anyway n probably sign alex

Shower Posse
22nd December '11, 01:04 AM
:lol: he ain't signing shit. This is Wenger we are talking about. One of the most stubborn men in football

22nd December '11, 01:06 AM
inb4 gotze hazard neymar messi

Shakeem
22nd December '11, 01:10 AM
:lol: he ain't signing shit. This is Wenger we are talking about. One of the most stubborn men in football

:sad:

MyLord
22nd December '11, 09:25 AM
Any one think an english club will sign eden hazard?

saw in the paper the other day arsenal, chelsea and liverpool scouts were at one of lilles games watching him

Perhaps in Jan. He definatly had talks with Harry Redknapp because I saw his car by Harry's house you pleb. But this was before they got Adebayor on loan, perhaps a similar deal was going to happen with Drogba maybe he was gunna go out on loan, who knows.

All I know is his car, D drogba license plate, blacked out land rover was in sandbanks by harry's house. Okay it didn't happen but it's not as if I'd make it up lol there was definatly contact

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

you should have took a pic fam. imagine the hype and promotion for grime forum:stunned::-D

United NEEEEEEEEEEED to fuck off

agree

talkingthehardest
22nd December '11, 08:08 PM
Arsenal linked to sign Wayne Bridge on loan to replace the injured Gibbs

Grizzly
22nd December '11, 10:14 PM
Man City to bid £6m for Birmingham's Nathan Redmond in January.

will piss me off if this happens

BIGLEE
23rd December '11, 08:16 AM
Bristol city have had 6 ENQUIRIES re maynard inc 1 from whu. fulham the favs to sign him...clears way for Zamora to leave

M.O.G.
23rd December '11, 10:26 AM
Arsenal linked to sign Wayne Bridge on loan to replace the injured Gibbs

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Switch
23rd December '11, 11:03 AM
Arsenal linked to sign Wayne Bridge on loan to replace the injured Gibbslol that was a statement made by ray parlour if i remember correctly

zenit would like arshavin back, i say go for it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2077893/Tottenham-Chelsea-Arsenal-hoping-Kaka-Christmas-present.html

chris89
23rd December '11, 12:41 PM
Sky Sports News saying we are interested in Milos Krasic and Ivanovic is helping with the deal :evilgrin:

Haven't seen him play much irl cos Serie A is shit but he's great on FM and Fifa lulu, out and out right winger that we've needed for years>>>>>>>

MyLord
23rd December '11, 12:43 PM
Sky Sports News saying we are interested in Milos Krasic and Ivanovic is helping with the deal :evilgrin:

Haven't seen him play much irl cos Serie A is shit but he's great on FM and Fifa lulu, out and out right winger that we've needed for years>>>>>>>

depper

chris89
23rd December '11, 01:05 PM
depper
I don't know what this means lol, normally my knowledge of players is good but I can honestly say I've seen him play like once lol

GrimmyGrimGrim
23rd December '11, 01:15 PM
City wont let Bridge leave on loan

Mancini said they want to sell him

BIGDON
23rd December '11, 01:19 PM
Bridge <<<

he was fucking awful during his loan with us last season

lol at Man City paying him 90 grand a week to just train

GrimmyGrimGrim
23rd December '11, 01:41 PM
Bridge >>

fully living the life

goes and kicks a ball about with his mates a couple times a week and gets paid 90k for his troubles

Shower Posse
23rd December '11, 01:58 PM

Seen :dozey:
That's why we are second in the league and won our last game 5-0
Cool story bro

Jack 1017
23rd December '11, 02:17 PM
Seen :dozey:
That's why we are second in the league and won our last game 5-0
Cool story bro

5ive

MyLord
23rd December '11, 02:19 PM
I don't know what this means lol, normally my knowledge of players is good but I can honestly say I've seen him play like once lol

depper
repped
lulz

BIGLEE
23rd December '11, 02:49 PM
Bridge 90k a week and shagging frankie from the saturdays loving life!

Villain_94
23rd December '11, 02:56 PM

krasic's been very poor this season when he's played, adu was a great player on fm a few years ago lol

chelsea <<<

chris89
23rd December '11, 03:15 PM

krasic's been very poor this season when he's played, adu was a great player on fm a few years ago lol

chelsea <<<

Yeah but he isn't good on FM anymore lol

Krasic can't be worse than Kalou tbh

Villain_94
23rd December '11, 03:21 PM
Yeah but he isn't good on FM anymore lol

Krasic can't be worse than Kalou tbh

kalou will always be a sub, he's a decent squad player tbh

krasic can be a decent player, but his final ball is like gervinho's lol, hit and miss

GrimmyGrimGrim
23rd December '11, 03:44 PM
Kalou actually gets into the game more than Torres does when he comes on

heard he's wanted in Russia on like 120k a week

if he can get that then he might aswell take it and laugh all the way to the bank

BIGLEE
23rd December '11, 04:26 PM
Kalou to PSG

Brisboy84
23rd December '11, 04:30 PM
Wayne Bridge to Arsenal = Silvestre mark 2. Do not want.

MyLord
23rd December '11, 04:35 PM
in b4 we go for bridge and use him on the wing:dead:

I reckon arsenal will go for cissokho from lyon at some point

we need some attacking players. ffs

chris89
23rd December '11, 04:35 PM
UZLZ1h8TISY

MyLord
23rd December '11, 04:39 PM
why did u post that very old vid chris89

GrimmyGrimGrim
23rd December '11, 04:45 PM
i remember going nuts when he scored that

23rd December '11, 04:47 PM
inb4 wayne bridge becomes the best left back ever after signing for arsenal

MyLord
23rd December '11, 05:00 PM
inb4 wayne bridge becomes the best left back ever after signing for arsenal

good one mate

Zoffie
23rd December '11, 09:12 PM
Kalou actually gets into the game more than Torres does when he comes on

heard he's wanted in Russia on like 120k a week

if he can get that then he might aswell take it and laugh all the way to the bank

It doesn't mean much, Torres is an end of move striker, he needs to get into the flow of the game to do damage, he's not an impact player. Players like Kalou that are suppose to run with the ball are more suited to coming off of the bench.

I would keep Torres, for me it's a no brainer to keep him

Hutch
24th December '11, 03:19 AM
chris89 GrimmyGrimGrim Danielson The Don Zoffie apparently we're in talks now with Bolton over Gary Cahill, what do you lot think about signing him?

AJNorthEast
24th December '11, 04:16 AM
Any team who signs Cahill >>>>

seen a lot of people say hes over rated, but you cant expect miracles with the players he's gotta work with

Danielson
24th December '11, 05:53 AM
chris89 GrimmyGrimGrim Danielson The Don Zoffie apparently we're in talks now with Bolton over Gary Cahill, what do you lot think about signing him?

Yeah, I heard about this too but apparently in exchange for Cahill's signature, they want Sturridge back on loan.

Hutch
24th December '11, 06:14 AM
Yeah, I heard about this too but apparently in exchange for Cahill's signature, they want Sturridge back on loan.

Nah we wont do that, he's been our best attacking player this season it would be dumb to loan him. McEachran would be a more likely loan if we were to agree to that maybe?

I know Cahill is a good player but surely if we sign him he's going to be a back-up defender for a year or 2, he will just take Alex's place. I can't see him starting ahead of Luiz when we paid £21m for him last season and is clearly one for the future. Cahill is more likely to be a replacement for Terry when he retires but he's not on Terry's level.

He would be a good signing obviously because we're losing Alex, AvB must have plans if he's trying to sign him. Only time will tell.

GrimmyGrimGrim
24th December '11, 06:17 AM
he probably wont be more than £10m, his contract is over in the summer isnt it?

i think we'll pay about £8m for him... not a bad swap for Alex

he's an England international :thumbsup:

Hutch
24th December '11, 06:32 AM
he probably wont be more than £10m, his contract is over in the summer isnt it?

i think we'll pay about £8m for him... not a bad swap for Alex

he's an England international :thumbsup:

Yeh should be around that price, Bolton were stupid to try and hold out for a big price in the summer :laugh:

inb4wepay£20m

chris89
24th December '11, 09:10 AM
7m and McEachran is probably going to Villa or Swansea on loan too

Rambo
24th December '11, 10:33 AM
hes not better than luiz

Samir_NasG
24th December '11, 10:46 AM
hes not better than luiz

doesn't need to be. Cahill will be Covering JT whilst he's dropping the soap.

BIGLEE
24th December '11, 11:03 AM
Wolves and Sunderland are ready to move for West Ham United player Mark Noble.

EA
24th December '11, 12:03 PM
Arsenal have been told that Casemiro will cost £10m according to Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078284/Arsenal-told-Sao-Paulos-Casemiro-cost-10m.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

BIGLEE
24th December '11, 12:07 PM
Arsene Wenger is contemplating a loan move for Manchester City's out-of-favour 31-year-old defender Wayne Bridge, despite denying having made an approach for the left-back in his pre-match news conference on Friday.
Daily Mail

The Gunners are also ready to step up their interest in Brazil's 19-year-old midfielder Casemiro as his club Sao Paulo are reportedly ready to cash in with a £10m deal.
talkSPORT

Tottenham are interested in Bolton defender Gary Cahill, but Chelsea will beat them to the signing.
Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, Spurs are believed to have held talks with midfielder Giovani dos Santos and his representatives with a view to selling the Mexican in January.
: Daily Mail

Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain could be set for a summer switch to Juventus, according to reports in Italy, as the Italian giants plan on opening the bidding at £24m for the Real Madrid striker.
talkSPORT

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor will not open talks about staying at loan club Tottenham until the end of the season.
the Sun

Birmingham have put a £12m price tag on 17-year-old winger Nathan Redmond who is being targeted by Manchester City.
Daily Mirror

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill is weighing up an offer for Hamburg SV's versatile left-sided player Marcell Jansen, 26, whose contract is due to end in 18 months.
FootyBunker

Manchester United have emerged as the latest suitors for Real Sociedad's 20-year-old centre-back Inigo Martinez, according to reports in Spain.
Insidefutbol.com

Blackburn will offer Fulham striker Andy Johnson, 30, a £2m pay deal to help them secure their Premier League status.
Daily Mirror

QPR are believed to be considering a move for Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones.
Daily Mail

Liverpool forward Luis Suarez has been named as Sky Sports' Player of the Year for 2011, despite a voting row in which Anfield supporters accused the broadcaster of sabotaging their own poll.
Liverpool Echo

Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has spoken out in support of John Terry - after the defender was taunted at White Hart Lane - and believes the Chelsea captain's court case will not affect his performances.
Evening Standard

Winger Ryan Giggs is planning to discuss his Manchester United future with Sir Alex Ferguson and is keeping an open mind about playing on for another season.
Sky Sports

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill believes striker Nicklas Bendtner can finally show why he rates himself so highly at the Stadium of Light.
Daily Star

Wayne Bridge has hit back after his Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini suggested the defender is motivated by money and played golf on matchdays. Mancini has said he is keen for Bridge to find a new club, while the 31-year-old, who has made just one appearance for City this season, said he does not know why he is being isolated.
Daily Mail

Pensioner Colin Lee, 72, who plays in goal for an amateur team in Wolverhampton, has been revealed as Britain's oldest footballer.
Metro

Wenger to spend Christmas mulling over Henry return

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea set to beat Spurs to Cahill signing

Arsenal monitoring Man City wonderkid

Wolves target £2.5m City contract rebel

Birmingham put £12m price tag on Man City target

Sunderland prepare raid for Villa defender

Wenger keeping Bridge loan options

Millwall boss wants to make Lowry loan permanent

Rovers willing to pay Johnson £2m to secure safety

Millwall boss wants to make Lowry loan permanent

Bristol City demand £4m for striker Nicky Maynard

Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are all monitoring the situation of Real Madrid star Kaka ahead of the January transfer window (Daily Mail)

Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia 's agent claims Manchester United are interested in him (Daily Mail)

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor will not open talks about staying at loan club Tottenham until the end of the season (The Sun)

Spurs are preparing to offload Giovani dos Santos in January (Daily Mail)

Aston Villa are winning the race for Barnsley 's £2m midfielder Jacob Butterfield (The Sun)

QPR could make a move for Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones (Daily Mail)

Blackburn want Nedum Onouha and Danny Guthrie to shore up survival bid (The Sun)

West Ham will make an audacious attempt to re-sign Bobby Zamora in January (Daily Mail)

Arsenal will step up interest in £10m-rated, 19-year-old Sao Paulo midfielder Casemiro (TalkSPORT)

Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain could be set for a summer switch to Juventus (TalkSPORT)

Sunderland want Hamburg SV 's versatile left-sided player Marcell Jansen (Footy Bunker)

Manchester United have joined the race for Real Sociedad 's 20-year-old centre-back Inigo Martinez (Inside Futbol)

Zoffie
24th December '11, 12:09 PM
He'll be a back up for us behind Terry & Luiz, so I'm not fussed

iKlozzle
24th December '11, 12:36 PM
Gary Cahill would be a good signing for Chelsea...

I just pray that Lord Fergie invests in the midfield, he won't, but there is still hope

BIGLEE
24th December '11, 12:39 PM
Cahill should go spurs

Tony Starks
24th December '11, 01:11 PM
Alex>>>>Cahill

Cahill's been exposed as overated this season so fdar

Samir_NasG
24th December '11, 01:12 PM
Higuain - Wenger any chance in the summer???? anyway fuck the cheap options we should only bring in players to improve our squad instantly otherwise we might as well throw the likes of Ox and Miquel in.

Pristine Condition
24th December '11, 03:40 PM

You can't loan from the same club twice in a season afaik.

MyLord
24th December '11, 03:52 PM
Alex>>>>Cahill

Switch
24th December '11, 04:00 PM
Higuain - Wenger any chance in the summer???? anyway fuck the cheap options we should only bring in players to improve our squad instantly otherwise we might as well throw the likes of Ox and Miquel in..

smh at this wayne bridge talk, ray parlour made a comment on him and now news papers are running with it like they have an inside scoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078083/Bacary-Sagna-steps-recovery-broken-leg.html
some positive news for us

Xtra P
24th December '11, 04:06 PM
lol @ asking a team to send their top and only player who is in scoring form out on loan.

Coyle must be smoking sherm

Samir_NasG
24th December '11, 04:13 PM

smh at this wayne bridge talk, ray parlour made a comment on him and now news papers are running with it like they have an inside scoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2078083/Bacary-Sagna-steps-recovery-broken-leg.html
some positive news for us

bap. Hopefully he's back for the CL.

GrimmyGrimGrim
24th December '11, 04:51 PM
the scoff i just did when i read they want Danny on loan >>>

are they actually serious

Zoffie
24th December '11, 05:17 PM
Alex>>>>Cahill

No doubt, I don't think anyone argues that, it's just whilst Alex has been here and fit, he's largely been a starter, he's too good, not to start for a team to serve as a back up defender, but, I prefer Luiz to Alex.

So I completely back the move to sell Alex, as for Cahill as I said, I'm not too bothered, I like Villa's Ciaran Clark when I have seen him at youth level, he's younger would be cheaper, more used to sitting on the bench than Cahill is as well. Competition for places is all good, but, it's better keeping a stable back line. So having 4 top CB's?? just not conducive.

Juventus have wanted Alex for years and it seems like he's going there, great guy & defender so I wish him the best

The Don
25th December '11, 05:33 PM
yeah c/s zoffie obvs alex is better than cahill but alex is one of the best (an most underrated so i dont expect anyone to agree) cb's in the league tbh so he ain't gonna benchwarm

i've never really seen any outstanding cahill performance, decent player, but it seems like one of those times where the media have rated him higher than he is and it's become common consensus, but saying that i haven't watched too much of him tbh

we really need couple wingers

the sturridge thing is obviously not true, it's retarded, it's like someone asking for wilshere on loan, he's first name on the team sheet bruv only real outfield consistency in our team besides terry ivanovic mata and cole

Julio Cesar
27th December '11, 02:29 AM
Hutch chris89 GrimmyGrimGrim Rascal The Don

Apparently we're getting Bertrand on loan, is he any good?

GrimmyGrimGrim
27th December '11, 02:33 AM
yea he's pretty good from what i've seen

unfortunately got Ashley Cole in front of him so he doens't get a look in

quick & good crosser

chris89
27th December '11, 11:42 AM
I hope he sabotages your club JamieQpr

BIGDON
27th December '11, 12:06 PM
I hope he sabotages your club JamieQpr

Real Madrid have told Chelsea they can sign their out-of-favour Brazilian midfielder Kaka for a cut-price £22m.
Metro

BIGLEE
27th December '11, 12:06 PM
Real Madrid have told Chelsea they can sign their out-of-favour Brazilian midfielder Kaka for a cut-price £22m.
Metro

However, Milos Krasic is thought to be the major transfer target for the Blues, and the 27-year-old has been told he is not part of coach Antonio Conte's plans at Juventus.
Daily Star

Tottenham are determined to tie Luka Modric down to a new contract, which would exceed their usual wage structure and be worth around £100,000 per week, in a bid to finally end interest from Chelsea and Manchester United.
Metro

Spurs are also thought to be keen to sell fringe midfielders Steven Pienaar and Niko Kranjcar to raise funds for new acquisitions at White Hart Lane.
Daily Mirror

Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham manager, wants to shake up the Premier League title race with one massive signing next month.
the Sun

Inter Milan are thought to be ready to sell Wesley Sneijder, a long-term target for Manchester United, to raise funds for rebuilding their squad.
Daily Mail

Barcelona are allegedly planning a bid for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, according to reports.
Caughtoffside.com

Under-pressure Bolton boss Owen Coyle is keen to recruit at least three players in the January transfer window, with US international defender Tim Ream, from MLS side New York Red Bulls, thought to be on his list.
Bolton News

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who said recently that he wants to end his career at the Nou Camp, has revealed he would like to return to Arsenal.
Metro

Reports from Germany suggest Bayer Leverkusen are considering a move for their former striker, Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov.
Caughtoffside.com

Aston Villa are pondering a move for former Rangers and Newcastle defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, currently with Panathinaikos, reports have suggested.
insidefutbol.com

Fulham are lining up Nottingham Forest and Wales full-back Chris Gunter, the former Spurs player, who is also wanted by Blackburn and Norwich.
Daily Mirror

Blackburn owners Venky's have given assurances that they will continue to fund the club next season, regardless of which division Rovers find themselves in.
Lancashire Telegraph

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has begun talks over a new contract, worth a reported £5m a year, which would make him the Premier League's highest paid boss.
Daily Mail

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas admits it will be "very difficult" for his team to win the Premier League after the 1-1 draw with Fulham kept them in fourth place.
talkSPORT

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish says he will not be tempted to sell Darren Bent in the January transfer window in a bid to raise funds for other signings.
Express & Star

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed 2012 will be Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's breakthrough year.
Daily Mirror

Sunderland striker Connor Wickham hopes to return from a knee injury for the New Year's Day match with Manchester City at the Stadium of Light.
Newcastle Chronicle

Stoke manager Tony Pulis admits he will never be popular with all the club's supporters.
Stoke Sentinel

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini deflected talk of a move for Roma midfielder Daniele de Rossi by saying he would also like to sign Lionel Messi.
Metro

Chelsea manager Roman Abramovich has booked American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers to play his New Year's Eve bash on St Barts.
Daily Mirror

Huntelaar plays down rumours of Man United switch

Arsenal and Man United target Gotze would rather play in Spain than England (plus goals and skills video)

Tottenham ready to cash in on back-up pair

Jol leading the race to sign seven-figure defender

Inter Milan are ready to sell Wesley Sneijder , alerting Manchester United (Mail)

Bayer Leverkusen want to re-sign Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov (CaughtOffside)

Real Madrid are offering Kaka to Chelsea for £22m - and the Blues could finance the deal by selling Florent Malouda to Anzhi for £6m (Star)

Milos Krasnic is also set for a move to Stamford Bridge after being told he is not in Juventus ' plans (Star)

Tottenham will give Luka Modric a new £100,000-a-week deal to keep him away from a possible Manchester United bid (Metro)

Harry Redknapp is targeting one major signing who "will make a difference" in January (Sun)

Manchester City have Daniele De Rossi, Robin Van Persie and Edinson Cavani in their sights as Roberto Mancini targets a midfielder and a striker to pep up their flagging title bid (Star)

Sporting Lisbon and Roma are eyeing City defender Stefan Savic , who is frustrated at his lack of playing time for the leaders (Mail)

Barcelona want Arsenal's Robin van Persie (CaughtOffside)

QPR could be stuck with Adel Taarabt after PSG baulked at their £15m asking price (Mail)

Bolton will sign New York Red Bulls defender Tim Ream , plus at least two more players, in January (Bolton News)

Aston Villa fancy Panathinaikos ' former Newcastle defender Jean-Alain Boumsong (InsideFutbol)

Manchester United transfer target Raúl Albiol (far right in the checked shirt) enjoys some food, fine wine and the company of fellow Real Madrid stars at the club's official Christmas party. He could expect something similar in Manchester, only with fewer men in suits and more strippers, we'd have thought. Photograph: Agencia EFE/Rex Features

Hard-up emperor of Chelsea Roman Abramovich has booked Red Hot Chili Peppers to play at his New Year's Eve party for 250 close friends on the Caribbean island of St Barts. This largesse has clearly encouraged André Villas-Boas to think big when it comes to January signings and first on his shopping list is the Porto full-back Alvaro Pereira, for whom they came so close to swooping in the summer only for the Portuguese club to scare them away with a £25m asking price.

Chelsea are ready to wrestle with Juventus for Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuaín, and may attempt to trump their Italian rivals – who have stuffed £26m in a comedy outsize envelope and are already seeking a courier brave enough to deliver it – by throwing a player – and we're talking Didier Drogba here – into the deal. Also on the fringes of José Mourinho's squad at the Bernabéu but perhaps not for much longer is the centre-back Raúl Albiol, who we're told could be the human Anadin Extra for Manchester United's defensive headache.

Let's go back to Chelsea – even though the subject of this story wishes he didn't have to – and Florent Malouda insists rumours that he is to join Anzhi Makhachkala "don't have any base in reality", and that he "couldn't even pronounce the name of this team". But he does want to leave. "My playing time cannot satisfy me. It is too small compared with my ambitions and so, if necessary, I will go," he sniffed.

Back to Manchester United, and Rio Ferdinand has revealed that he prepares for matches by playing "hard stuff – UK grime like Kano, Wiley and Chipmunk, or old-school house, garage and jungle and heavy hip-hop". In other almost totally irrelevant news tangentially related to the reigning English champions, former Ryan Giggs love interest Imogen Thomas overcooks her tuna steaks in a forthcoming episode of Celebrity Come Dine With Me. Although this doesn't really chime with our own definition of "news", it is considered a big enough scoop to occupy a full page of a popular British newspaper, so we feel compelled, dear readers, to let you make up your own minds.

Harry Redknapp is looking forward to the opening of the transfer window, and he's going to open his one extremely wide. "I'd love to see us, if we're going to make a signing, perhaps making one big signing," he trilled. "That would really send out a message." Instead, though, Tottenham are to make Nico Kranjcar and Steven Pienaar available for transfer in January in the hope of raising £8m to waste on a couple of squad players who'll never play.

Manchester City's Stefan Savic, who has started one league game since signing from Partizan Belgrade in the summer for £6m, will join Sporting Lisbon next week, probably on loan. Also heading for the Etihad Stadium exit door (again) is Roque Santa Cruz, who is wanted by Brazilian giants Cruzeiro. "A delegate has made contact about a transfer," confirmed a samba source. Apparently the 17-year-old striker Leo Bonatoni could travel in the other direction.

Fulham have shot to the front of the short queue forming for the Nottingham Forest right-back Chris Gunter, though Blackburn and Norwich are ready to step in should Martin Jol's mooted £1m bid for the in-demand Welshman fall through. In other full-back news, Swansea have admitted that they are close to completing a deal for 19-year-old Lens starlet Darnel Situ.

Mario Balotelli update: the characterful Italian spent Christmas Eve at St John's church in Chorlton, Manchester, where he and his girlfriend went to midnight mass. "He was very polite and charming," a "source" told the Sun. He had earlier gone to the Tudor pub in Peel Hall, where he put £1,000 behind the bar and then sipped mineral water. On Christmas Day, meanwhile, he "spent a couple of hours buying people drinks in local pubs before taking a stroll around a council estate".

And finally, a poll to find which celebrity male British women would most want to be given for Christmas – if, presumably, the practice of giving people other people was considered socially acceptable – placed David Cameron at the bottom and Jamie Redknapp at the top. And if it were possible to give away either of them, the Mill would be first in line with the wrapping paper.

chris89
27th December '11, 12:43 PM
I watch Real quite a lot and don't see much from Kaka when he comes on, signing a 29 year old doesn't exactly help bring our average age down.

M.O.G.
27th December '11, 12:58 PM
Kakas time is up now tbh.
No talk of any Liverpool signings or anything, Kenny needs to realize that squad isnt good enough.

Samir_NasG
27th December '11, 02:20 PM
U guys must be watching with your eyes shut? the quality in Kaka's touch and incisive passing is still leagues above. If it wasn't for VDV showing you don't need to be pacey or physical I might have questioned Kaka in the prem. He would destroy at Man U or Chelsea.

------------Carrick----Cleverley/Anderson-------
--Nani------------Kaka-----------------Young--
----------------Rooney------------------------

---------------------Mikel/Romeu---------------
---------------Ramires/Essien---------------------------
--Sturridge----------Kaka/Lamps----------Mata----
-----------------------Torres--------------------

BIGLEE
27th December '11, 02:21 PM
Liverpool need a proper CF

Samir_NasG
27th December '11, 02:28 PM
Liverpool need a proper CF

Both Gerrard and Suarez can play there fairly naturally unless you mean a natural playmaker i.e.
Van Der Vaart or Cassano.

chris89
27th December '11, 02:29 PM
Obviously I'm not gonna say no to Kaka, £22m seems reasonable too

M.O.G.
27th December '11, 03:14 PM
Nah NasG, he means a proper centre forward i.e goal poacher, neither Gerrard or Suarez fit that bill, neither do Carroll or Bellamy so for that BigLee is correct, id love us a Darren Bent type, but a much better version

Samir_NasG
27th December '11, 03:18 PM
Nah NasG, he means a proper centre forward i.e goal poacher, neither Gerrard or Suarez fit that bill, neither do Carroll or Bellamy so for that BigLee is correct, id love us a Darren Bent type, but a much better version

ah seen in that case I agree. You used to have one in Kuyt but you could do with an upgrade.

EA
27th December '11, 03:19 PM
There aren't many poachers around anymore. I dunno who Liverpool could get on such short notice without paying Carrol money.

M.O.G.
27th December '11, 03:21 PM
Bobby Zamora is available lol

The thing with Carroll everyone keeps saying 'he will turn into a great striker' rah rah, but deep down they know 35 mill is a waste

Rambo
27th December '11, 03:22 PM
darren bent tbh

BIGLEE
27th December '11, 04:01 PM
Yeah darren bent would be a good shout but people say he doesn't suit liverpools style of play?

Shower Posse
27th December '11, 04:06 PM
If barca bid for RVP that would be mockage of the highest degree

GrimmyGrimGrim
27th December '11, 05:59 PM
you know he'd leave as well

loool

BIGLEE
27th December '11, 06:02 PM
Would he start though?

Samir_NasG
27th December '11, 06:03 PM
If Wenger doesn't bring in Quality this Jan I hope he gets a bout of aids.

Zoffie
27th December '11, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't buy Kaka, his knee is in question, £22m is still a sizeable investment, his wages will not come down in line to the amount Ramires & Luiz are getting for instance, it makes little sense financially as we'd have to give him a 3 yr contract at least & having a 33 year old on the wages he'd want is something we are trying to move away from.. (see Drogba).

He doesn't have time on his hands, so playing devil's advocate if it didn't pan out immediately, there would be less time to help him recover form, his resale value is always going down, beyond that the position that he shined in for Milan is not available here.

With Essien (knee) Torres (form) We have enough of his predicament on our plates.

The reality of the situation is their isn't enough of an upside, we're not in the position we were when Zola, Desailly etc came at 30.
Kaka type players we would have to shell out for in terms of funds & wages, we are also competing at higher levels, we have less time for patience.

Big money should rather be reserved for the creme de la creme of emerging talents

talkingthehardest
27th December '11, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't buy Kaka, his knee is in question, £22m is still a suitable investment, his wages will not come down in line to the amount Ramires & Luiz are getting for instance, it makes little sense financially as we'd have to give him a 3 yr contract at least & having a 33 year old on the wages he'd want is something we are trying to move away from.. (see Drogba).

He doesn't have time on his hands, so playing devil's advocate if it didn't pan out immediately, there would be less time to help him recover form, his resale value is always going down, beyond that the position that he shined in for Milan is not available here.

With Essien (knee) Torres (form) We have enough of his predicament on our plates.

The reality of the situation is their isn't enough of an upside, we're not in the position we were when Zola, Desailly etc came at 30.
Kaka type players we would have to shell out for in terms of funds & wages, we are also competing at higher levels, we have less time for patience.

Big money should rather be reserved for the creme de la creme of emerging talents

And as far as emerging young talents go, it's gotta be Hazard or Gotze. I doubt we'll get either of them to be honest.

Zoffie
27th December '11, 06:40 PM
I haven't seen Gotze, like I've probably watched 4 games of his at most, the hulabaloo around him makes me believe that I'm missing something & because I've hardly seen him, I accept that, but, from what I have seen, he's not as great as they make out. They make him to be the best talent in Europe right?

I tend to believe German commentators, they don't just hype anyone, but, I still need to understand him as a plyer for myself, because he doesn't seem a guy that can consistently beat a player.

Hazard can & Hazard fits the bill & Hazard can be great, but, the idea that it's either of the 2 0_o??
It's only the entire WORLD there HAS to be other options out there. We know this

BIGLEE
27th December '11, 06:46 PM
United will probably sign kaka not chelsea tbh his wages is a problem though he will want what 150k?

Nigel
27th December '11, 06:54 PM
Chelsea should sign Lucas Moura and Willian tbh, two of the best Brazilian talents, got the flair, pace and vision. Lucas in the Lampard kinda role, Willian on the right with Mata on the left, the Sturridge upfront.

quality
28th December '11, 01:14 AM
Please chelsea sign cahill and throw him in as soon as possible. Also arsenal, please sign some relegation fodder. Everything is going to plan.

I'll sacrifice a fucking goat for RVP to break his leg. Swear down

RealOnRoad
28th December '11, 01:53 AM
Utd will not sign kaka but for 15m i'd take him for sure, he has 6 years in him and if anybody can get it out fergie can

Zoffie
28th December '11, 09:07 AM
Chelsea should sign Lucas Moura and Willian tbh, two of the best Brazilian talents, got the flair, pace and vision. Lucas in the Lampard kinda role, Willian on the right with Mata on the left, the Sturridge upfront.

Lucas Moura's agent Has said Chelsea came to him with a 30 million euro package but Lucas said he won't move in January.
Chelsea will monitor Moura for sure.

I'm glad you said in the Lampard position as well. The way Bale bursts through teams down the flanls, Lucas does it in the middle, so does Ramires. Mata likes to come into the mid, so a duo of Lucas & Mata interchanging on the left looks promising.

Mata---------------Sturridge
-----Lucas---Ramires-------
---------Romeu-------------

Playing Sturridge down the middle isn't the way, Sturridge would have to hold up the ball & do all that boring stuff that will take away from his game.

Chelsea are linked with Higuain.

Lucas will not be coming acc to his agent in January & to be honest probably won't leave Brazil in the summer either.

BIGLEE
28th December '11, 10:30 AM
Manchester United face a fight to keep two of their brightest young stars from the hands of cross-town rivals City. Teenagers Ravel Morrison and Paul Pogba, key figures in United's FA Youth Cup-winning team last season, are both out of contract at the end of the current season.
Daily Express

Bayer Leverkusen are desperate to take Dimitar Berbatov back to the Bundesliga and have been in contact with the Manchester United striker.
Daily Mail

Andrey Arshavin appears to be closer than ever to leaving Arsenal after dropping behind Yossi Benayoun and Tomas Rosicky in the pecking order, with Chelsea among the clubs who could be keen on him.
Metro

Arsene Wenger has refused to confirm or deny rumours that Arsenal legend Thierry Henry could make a return to the club on a short-term loan deal.
Talksport

Manager Arsene Wenger is set to consider offers for Arsenal trio Marouane Chamakh, Andrey Arshavin and Sebastien Squillaci as he looks to make way for possible additions to his squad next month.
Caught Offside

Arsenal will only make loan signings this January but are preparing a £30m summer spending spree on Lukas Podolski, Juan Vargas and Yoann Gourcuff.
Footy Bunker

AC Milan say they will wait until the end of the January window to sign Carlos Tevez from Manchester City. They want the striker on loan but are resisting City's demands for a clause vowing to buy Tevez at the end of the loan period.
The Mirror

Tottenham will consider a move for Blackburn defender Chris Samba when the transfer window opens next week.
Daily Mail

Blackburn set to make Fulham striker Andy Johnson the first signing of the winter transfer window in a £2m deal.
The Mirror

Blackburn boss Steve Kean's hopes of making January signings look forlorn after the club posted an annual pre-tax loss of £18.6m.
The Sun

Blackburn are lining up a bid for £5m-rated Watford striker Marvin Sordell.
Daily Star

Alex McLeish fears an Aston Villa striker shortage with Darren Bent and Emile Heskey both doubts for the New Year's Eve trip to Chelsea, meaning Gabriel Agbonlahor could be the only experienced senior forward available.
Birmingham Mail

Florent Malouda will leave Chelsea in January after telling Andre Villas-Boas he is not getting enough game time.
Metro

FC Porto striker Hulk would welcome the chance to work under Andre Villas-Boas once again, the Brazilian's agent has revealed.
Inside Futbol

Inverness boss Terry Butcher wants to extend the loan deals of David Davis, Roman Golobart and Aidan Chippendale until the end of the season.
Daily Record

Bolton boss Owen Coyle will swoop for New York Red Bulls and USA defender Tim Ream as a replacement for Chelsea-bound Tim Cahill.
Daily Star

Stefan Savic's agent has claimed the Montenegro defender will be leaving Manchester City on loan next month.
(The Times)

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp thinks Gareth Bale has "got the lot" after the winger scored a brace to beat Norwich 2-0 at Carrow Road.
Talksport

Bolton will give manager Owen Coyle the January transfer window to turn their fortunes around before deciding on their manager's future.
Daily Mail

Didier Drogba could soon be lining up against former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka in the Chinese Super League.
Talksport

Manchester City star Mario Balotelli enjoyed another late night before a big game - but this time it was at a Christmas midnight mass, where he left a £200 donation after enjoying a booze-free trip to a local pub and treating everyone to a round of drinks.
Full story: Metro

Rio Ferdinand loves a bit of grime and garage music before games to get himself in the mood to play.
The Sun

DAILY STAR:

Juan Mata fears that Chelsea face a struggle to finish in the top four this season.

Alex McLeish will ask owner Randy Lerner to loosen the Aston Villa purse strings in January in response to a growing injury crisis.

Blackburn are lining up a bid for £5million-rated Watford striker Marvin Sordell.

THE TIMES:

Andre Villas-Boas has instructed intermediaries to sound out representatives of Gonzalo Higuain to establish if the Real Madrid striker would consider moving to Stamford Bridge.

DAILY EXPRESS:

Manchester United are facing a fight to keep two of their brightest young stars - Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison - out of the hands of rivals Manchester City.

Chelsea's January exodus is likely to swell further with Florent Malouda set to join Nicolas Anelka and Alex by leaving the club.

Tony Pulis is set to reward winger Ben Marshall with a new deal at Stoke - and then loan him back to Sheffield Wednesday.

Landon Donovan is due to arrive on Merseyside today to begin his second loan at Everton.

THE SUN:

Mick McCarthy accused referee Stuart Attwell of crumbling under the pressure of the Emirates.

Florent Malouda is ready for a reunion with his former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti at PSG.

Roma want Tottenham right-back Vedran Corluka, who has been squeezed out by Kyle Walker.

Bolton boss Owen Coyle hopes to land £2million USA defender Tim Ream, 24, as a replacement for Gary Cahill.

DAILY MAIL:

Bolton will give Owen Coyle the January transfer window to turn their fortunes around before deciding on the manager's future.

Aston Villa, QPR and Bolton have been offered ex-Newcastle defender Jean-Alain Boumsong.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will consider a move for Blackburn defender Chris Samba.

Bayer Leverkusen have made contact with Manchester United over their former striker Dimitar Berbatov.

Eden Hazard's agent has confirmed that Manchester City are considering a £25million bid for the Lille winger.

West Ham are facing a battle with Real Betis for Valencia defender Ricardo Costa.

THE INDEPENDENT:

Florent Malouda yesterday became the latest Chelsea player to signal that he is dissatisfied with life under Andre Villas-Boas when he announced that he favoured a move this January to Paris St-Germain, having been given little playing time this season.

DAILY MIRROR:

Milan have warned they are prepared to drag out negotiations for Carlos Tevez for a month.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean expects to be given the green light to bid for Fulham striker Andy Johnson today.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis wants to sign Senegal midfielder Moustapha Bayal Sall in June - after he first goes to Doncaster on loan.

Former Manchester United star Andrei Kanchelskis has accused Andrey Arshavin of being a mercenary.

EXCLUSIVE: Andy Johnson set to make winter's first move

Malouda: I will quit Chelsea to save my Euro 2012 place

Second Chinese club in bid for Drogba

Chelsea want Pereira to challenge Cole

Malouda: I don't want to go to Russia

Kaka given all-clear for £22m Chelsea move - report

Milan prepared to let Tevez transfer saga drag on

City set to sign top defender as flop heads out on loan

Arsenal prepare for January loan-out session

Sneijder's United move back on - report

Harry wants special January signing

Kean wants four defenders in window

Senegal star set for move to Stoke - via Doncaster

Stories from other papers and websites

Manchester City are on the trail of United youngsters Ravel Morrison and Paul Pogba , both of whom are out of contract in summer (Express)

City have contacted Lille over a move for winger Eden Hazard , according to his agent (Mail)

Corinthians are back in for Carlos Tevez and Manchester City also hope Juventus will come in with a cash offer for the forward. The Blues are worried that AC Milan , who want the Argentinean on loan, do not have the cash to complete a permanent move (Mail)

Tottenham are pondering a January move for Blackburn's Chris Samba (Mail)

Roma will end Vedran Corluka's Spurs misery (Star)

Chelsea are contacting Gonzalo Higuain's agent to see if the Real Madrid striker fancies a January move to Stamford Bridge (Times)

Porto striker Hulk fancies a reunion with former manager Andre Villas-Boas at Chelsea (InsideFutbol)

Chelsea could be interested in Arsenal flop Andrey Arshavin , who seems certain to leave the Emirates in January (Metro)

Marouane Chamakh and Sebastien Squillaci can also leave the Gunners (CaughtOffside)

But Arsenal will make only loan signings in January before spending big this summer on Lukas Podolski, Juan Vargas and Yoann Gourcuff (FootyBunker)

Blackburn , who we have revealed are close to buying Fulham's Andy Johnson , will also bid £5m for Watford's Marvin Sordell (Star)

Alex McLeish will ask Randy Lerner for emergency cash to solve Aston Villa's injury crisis (Star)
West HamReal BetisValenciaRicardo Costa

Julio Cesar
28th December '11, 10:40 AM
Apparently we want samba as our big signing of the window, defoe aswell but samba is more likely. Bertrand sounds like a good player hope we can sign him on loan.

daspecimen
28th December '11, 11:42 AM
betrand the chelsea full back? yeah i saw him for the u21s and he looks quality

chris89
28th December '11, 12:03 PM
Inb4 Jamie has to start liking us

Julio Cesar
28th December '11, 12:12 PM
Not sure if the terry/ferdinand will hinder the deal, you lot loaned us sinclair, mancienne, jimmy smith, etc in recent years so I think you would loan him to us.

The Don
28th December '11, 02:18 PM
oh yeah jimmy smith :lol:

i remember thinking he could come back and do suttin after he banged in couple screamers

i'm not sure how much truth there is though, cole gets injured with bertrand out on loan and we don't have a left back

BIGLEE
28th December '11, 02:32 PM
Recall him then

Samir_NasG
28th December '11, 02:38 PM
Been having dreams with my eyes open that Kaka signed for Arsenal akin to the Arshavin signing 3 years ago. If only...

Samir_NasG
28th December '11, 03:42 PM
----------------------Chesney---------------------
--Sagna-----Mertesacker---Koscielny---Vermaelen--
-------------------Song-------Arteta--------------
--Gervinho--------------------------------Oxlade--
------------------------Kaka----------------------
------------------------RVP-----------------------

Bench: Fagianski, Miquel, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, Theo, Arshavin/Henry

DECENT. DENCH. or we could just cop Podolski and play Arshavin in the kaka role.

Sosa
28th December '11, 04:21 PM
can confirm we will not be making any major transfers in january.

do not want kaka either, would want to much in wages , plus jacks back in the next few months.

Samir_NasG
28th December '11, 05:46 PM
can confirm we will not be making any major transfers in january.

do not want kaka either, would want to much in wages , plus jacks back in the next few months.

As much as I love Jack (nh) he ain't no former world player of the year and he ain't Kaka as an attacking mid. If we don't make signings in Jan 5th place beckons.

The Don
28th December '11, 05:59 PM
Recall him then

it's not fm

he'd potentially have been training with different team-mates in a different system for months, plus what if he had played only a few days earlier

letting him go jus doesn't make sense imo, he's as much a part of the first team squad as sturridge except he competes with cole for a place and studge has kalou

Hutch
28th December '11, 06:24 PM
Arshavin and Kaka looooooool if these signed for us <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

GrimmyGrimGrim
28th December '11, 06:40 PM
swear papers love trolling us atm

as if we'd sign fucking Arshavin

hes so wank

& why do we need another 'superstar' on ridiculous wages

beg Kaka stays as far from Stamford bridge as possible

Hutch
28th December '11, 06:50 PM
swear papers love trolling us atm

as if we'd sign fucking Arshavin

hes so wank

& why do we need another 'superstar' on ridiculous wages

beg Kaka stays as far from Stamford bridge as possible

The Arshavin one is clearly bullshit, he can't even get a start ahead of Benayoun who we loaned out for not being able to start for us lol.. But I know we've been looking at Kaka for a few years, I just hope we don't get him it would be such a waste of money.

The only thing is that some of the signings we make are so dumb that these don't seem that unlikely lol.

Matt91
29th December '11, 01:37 AM
Headlines of tommorow's SN (biggest Croatian sports papers)

Luka Modrić: I don't intend to leave Spurs now. I'm certain we'll be playing CL next year.

Niko Kranjčar: I'm not leaving Spurs.

:yes: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sosa
29th December '11, 01:53 AM
the arshavin to chelsea rumour could happen, roman an him are both russian.

EA
29th December '11, 01:54 AM
Henry is poised to sign a two-month loan deal & Podolski seems to be a genuine target for January.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8981516/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-poised-to-offer-Thierry-Henry-two-month-loan-deal.html

The Don
29th December '11, 02:16 AM
so is theo giving up the 14 shirt voluntarily of will thierry need to have a word?

would be too weird not seeing henry in 14 lol

kaka and arshavin fucking hell this could be a bad january (as unlikely as i think they both are)

see somewhere that sam hutchinson is gonna be registered in the 25 man squad after january, that'd be nice to see still had to retire a year or two ago and now he's back

we won't get cavani with napoli in the CL

wingers - top priority imo

really hoping mceachran goes swansea over villa too

I LOVE GRIME
29th December '11, 02:20 AM
I do not see how chelsea fans here are slating the great kaka shit is confusing he still has the x factor he can still fuck guys up do not write him off

The Don
29th December '11, 02:23 AM
he's not shit but i wouldn't want him at the club, any time i've seen him post-milan he's looked a luxury player, yeah he hasn't lost his ability but we need to quicken our play and he'd only take mata's eventual place anyway

plus there's the money issue, he's surely on 150,000 ish a week, and won't just sign a 2 year deal, so while it's only 22mil that's alot of money we'll still be paying for a (eventually) 32 year old

Zoffie
29th December '11, 02:29 AM
We're linked with Hulk, this would be amazing for us to have Hulk & Sturridge.. but both play RCF, both are left footed.
Unless Mata is moved to midfield.. it basically means.. They've given up on Torres.

If they are trying to sign Hulk any way.

The Don
29th December '11, 02:35 AM
tbh i think they have given up on torres

we as a club will never live torres down lol

Zoffie
29th December '11, 02:41 AM
I believe in Torres, interesting stat surfaced today.

Torres has scored or assisted on 19% of Chelsea's goals this season (4th in the team) which is more than Drogba (14%) or Ramires (12%).

Torres has been under immense pressure for goals, but, he did spoon feed a few goals for others & the criticism there was, a more confident Torres would have put that away himself.

The fact that Torres is contributing & with Sturridge scoring, added to the sheer amount of money invested, remembering that Torres hasn't been give a long enough whack as a starter.

I don't see why he's just not played & played & played again.

Ferguson bless him, always played Rooney even when he wasn't scoring, lucky for United Hernandez was doing the business for them during Rooney's poor scoring form last season. The same way whilst Sturridge is scoring Torres should have been given time to find his feet.

I have to admit, I have come to rate SAF, but, I guess it is lengthy experience at the highest level.

The Don
29th December '11, 02:47 AM
I believe in Torres

I don't see why he's just not played & played & played again.

agree with these two points

watching torres at liverpool, the main thing missing is tenacity, he just aint on it atm, he created chances for himself through sheer will back in the day

Zoffie
29th December '11, 02:49 AM
He is doing too much to impress and is low on confidence, but that's usually a symptom of not being give enough time.
I hope he is starting when he is available from now to the end.

The Don
29th December '11, 02:50 AM
well avb would be retarded to start lukaku in january games so hopefully he'll get at least 4 then

Young Sen
29th December '11, 04:39 AM
so is theo giving up the 14 shirt voluntarily of will thierry need to have a word?

would be too weird not seeing henry in 14 lol

kaka and arshavin fucking hell this could be a bad january (as unlikely as i think they both are)

see somewhere that sam hutchinson is gonna be registered in the 25 man squad after january, that'd be nice to see still had to retire a year or two ago and now he's back

we won't get cavani with napoli in the CL

wingers - top priority imo

really hoping mceachran goes swansea over villa too

Henry's supposedly getting the no.12 top smh :dead:

Xtra P
29th December '11, 11:24 AM
It would be stupid to take the 14 shirt of Walcott, it would devalue him as a player and probably write off his confidence & form for good, he'd probably want to leave. Henry will only be here for a short period, its not about bending over backwards for him, we've honoured him already.

Peoples sentimentality towards Henry are clouding their common sense.

chris89
29th December '11, 11:31 AM
If you were that bothered about Henry's shirt number it should have been retired when he left.

out there
29th December '11, 11:36 AM
Ancelotti set for PSG hotseat

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7399949/Ancelotti-set-for-PSG-hotseat

BIGLEE
29th December '11, 12:10 PM
Rovers are also set to battle it out with Premier League rivals QPR for the signature of Italian striker Alessandro Del Piero, when he leaves Juventus next summer.
talkSport

Newcastle have been deemed "too small" to sign Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, while Arsenal have been quoted £42m for the French 25-year-old.
Metro

BIGLEE
29th December '11, 12:22 PM
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is being linked with a move for young Swansea midfielder Joe Allen.
Caught Offside

Qpr are interested in loaning Spurs Andy Townsend

Villain_94
29th December '11, 01:06 PM
It would be stupid to take the 14 shirt of Walcott, it would devalue him as a player and probably write off his confidence & form for good, he'd probably want to leave. Henry will only be here for a short period, its not about bending over backwards for him, we've honoured him already.

Peoples sentimentality towards Henry are clouding their common sense.

If you were that bothered about Henry's shirt number it should have been retired when he left.

Xtra P
29th December '11, 01:33 PM
No need to retire the shirt, just let Walcott keep it, no big deal but stripping him of it would be stupid.

BIGDON
29th December '11, 10:24 PM
Sky Sources: Thierry Henry set to agree two-month loan deal with Arsenal in the next 48 hours.

Jack 1017
29th December '11, 11:32 PM
Sky Sources: Thierry Henry set to agree two-month loan deal with Arsenal in the next 48 hours.

Julio Cesar
30th December '11, 12:31 AM
QPR make first move in Jelavic chase with £7m bid for Rangers striker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080031/Queens-Park-Rangers-bid-7m-Nikica-Jelavic-Rangers.html?ITO=1490

Rambo
30th December '11, 12:48 AM
7 million lol :stunned:

Nigel
30th December '11, 01:28 AM
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is being linked with a move for young Swansea midfielder Joe Allen.
Caught Offside

Qpr are interested in loaning Spurs Andy Townsend

Andy Townsend? Loool u fucking mug, should read before u copy and paste

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/15/article-0-00C9782400000190-170_306x415.jpg

BIGDON
30th December '11, 01:31 AM
WEST HAM want Cardiff striker Peter Whittingham for £3.25million.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4027066/West-Ham-want-Cardiffs-Whittingham-and-Huddersfields-Rhodes.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

WEST HAM boss Sam Allardyce has said it will take a "mega bucks" offer from Newcastle to prise England Under-21 star James Tomkins away from Upton Park.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4026972/Sam-Tomkins-will-cost-mega-bucks.html

chickenkormapilauandnaan
30th December '11, 02:25 AM
WEST HAM want Cardiff striker Peter Whittingham for £3.25million.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4027066/West-Ham-want-Cardiffs-Whittingham-and-Huddersfields-Rhodes.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

WEST HAM boss Sam Allardyce has said it will take a "mega bucks" offer from Newcastle to prise England Under-21 star James Tomkins away from Upton Park.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4026972/Sam-Tomkins-will-cost-mega-bucks.html
Whittingham isn't a striker lol@ suns sports writers

Bish
30th December '11, 02:26 AM
No need to retire the shirt, just let Walcott keep it, no big deal but stripping him of it would be stupid.

wot a new low we have hit that our manager and our big club can not get a top class striker when everyone with eyes knows we need one, that we have to bring back a legend to try and cover up the gaps which could ruin his legacy

RealOnRoad
30th December '11, 02:40 AM
wot a new low we have hit that our manager and our big club can not get a top class striker when everyone with eyes knows we need one, that we have to bring back a legend to try and cover up the gaps which could ruin his legacy

Don't think Wenger gives a fuck about his legacy, all he wants is a cheap little boost and 8 weeks of Henry will do that. Why would he risk buying someone in the notoriously dodgy January transfer window that could possibly be a flop? Even if Henry doesn't score a goal he hasn't spent the 10m he would in bringing in a striker and disrupting his squad.
Also the presence of Henry in the dressing room >>>>>>>>>>>
Remember what Larsson did for Utd, was a big boost!

GrimmyGrimGrim
30th December '11, 03:05 AM
wonder how much Newcastle would want for Ba

probably £25m ish

chris89
30th December '11, 04:20 AM
Andy Townsend? Loool u fucking mug, should read before u copy and paste

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/15/article-0-00C9782400000190-170_306x415.jpg
alright mate calm it down, maybe they call him Andy for short

Zoffie
30th December '11, 07:25 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1001938/fc-porto-striker-hulk-interested-in-chelsea-switch,-says-agent?cc=5739

Hulk says he is open to move to Chelsea.. but, Porto hate us!! They hate us, hate us, hate us. Apparently any time we come in for a player we have to pay the buy-out clause or clear off.

Hulk similar to Sturridge, left footed full of skill, goalscorer, he used to play on the left, so it's not a real problem, he is better at cutting in & finding the net than Sturridge though.

I don't know if we can negotiate this, but, how big would it be to have Hulk.

RdbNJ9AQhi8

Torres
Hulk--------Sturridge
Mata Ramires
Romeu
A.Cole----------Ivanovic
Terry David Luiz
Cech

Looks like a much stronger team. Can't see it happening. I hope we test their resolve, we're too focused down Sturridge's side, forget about Robben & Duff with these two. I have no problem with Torres, I watched him for Liverpool & knew he wasn't a prolific goal scorer, just needs games to score & get his assits.. Those 3 have enough between them.

I'd do to Mata what Guardiola did with Iniesta & move him into that LCM position. 3 Spanish, 3 Brazilians 3 English 2 Eastern Europeans
Let's hope CFC are on my wavelength

BIGLEE
30th December '11, 09:31 AM
Why you so excited getting heated up CatchACat muppet.

vibezin
30th December '11, 10:11 AM
wonder how much Newcastle would want for Ba

probably £25m ish

Didnt they get him on the free?

EA
30th December '11, 10:59 AM

Arsenal are also trying to sign Podolski. His contract runs out next season and he's not re-signing so we can get him cheaper than he should be. It's been reported that he's gonna cost around £20million.

Switch
30th December '11, 11:24 AM
wot a new low we have hit that our manager and our big club can not get a top class striker when everyone with eyes knows we need one, that we have to bring back a legend to try and cover up the gaps which could ruin his legacyI don't think it'll ruin his legacy tbh he's too much of a legend for that to happen but it just proves that the likes of chambles and paark aren't anywhere near good enough to even fathom starting in the 1st team. I'd rather see our youth strikers than chambles tbh can't say much about park as he never gets a look in but the fact that he's behind chambles just goes to show how good he isn't.

Cazorla
30th December '11, 11:41 AM
Park was only signed to increase Arsenal's Asian fanbase.

Villain_94
30th December '11, 11:45 AM
lol at arsenal, so if rvp gets injured you're gonna play a 34 year old upfront on his own?

lululululu

Xtra P
30th December '11, 11:53 AM
lol at arsenal, so if rvp gets injured you're gonna play a 34 year old upfront on his own?

lululululu

Chelsea do.

Villain_94
30th December '11, 12:02 PM
Chelsea do.
drogba is still strong enough to play that role :dozey:

wait will henry take a place on the bench ahead of park? :laugh:

you might as well play walcott upfront tbh

Xtra P
30th December '11, 12:04 PM
drogba is still strong enough to play that role :dozey:

If it has nothing to do with age, why mention it? :dozey:

Villain_94
30th December '11, 12:09 PM
If it has nothing to do with age, why mention it? :dozey:

bastard! :laugh::angry:

you never answered my question though

Xtra P
30th December '11, 12:13 PM
bastard! :laugh::angry:

you never answered my question though

I'm not Wenger, I have no idea how he will employ Henry, I suspect/hope he will take Chambles place on the bench.

daspecimen
30th December '11, 12:21 PM
Wenger has said he is still 2 weeks from Match Fitness, so i can imagine he is being brought in solely to provide cover for Gervinho/Chamakh over the ANC period and as cover for both when they return.

I think it would be a decent signing really and he's available right up to the first leg of the Champions League with Milan and the NLD with Sp*rs.

M.O.G.
30th December '11, 12:23 PM
Let's be honest, a lot of Arsenal fans are wearing their rose tinted glasses...Henry is a legend and top 3 player the prem has ever saw (Number 1 imo) but he is past it now, it will not ruin his legacy but it will tarnish slightly what was a great Arsenal career.

Xtra P
30th December '11, 12:27 PM
Let's be honest, a lot of Arsenal fans are wearing their rose tinted glasses...Henry is a legend and top 3 player the prem has ever saw (Number 1 imo) but he is past it now, it will not ruin his legacy but it will tarnish slightly what was a great Arsenal career.

I seriously doubt he'll be any worse than Chambles/park and I can promise you, it won't affect his legacy at all, he's already achieved what he's achieved, no one can take that away from him.

He's only signed for 2 months, people seem to be forgetting.

BIGDON
30th December '11, 12:29 PM
Chelsea agree Cahill fee with Bolton

M.O.G.
30th December '11, 12:29 PM
I seriously doubt he'll be any worse than Chambles/park and I can promise you, it won't affect his legacy at all, he's already achieved what he's achieved, no one can take that away from him.

He's only signed for 2 months, people seem to be forgetting.

Nah, I agree it wont ruin his legacy....he is a great simple as, I just feel he's past it now, at 34 he wont be as agile and fast as he was..still like you said, he is probably better than what else Arsenal have.

NSF
30th December '11, 12:36 PM
Ah shit if the Henry deal goes through he could make his start against us on January 9th :(

M.O.G.
30th December '11, 12:37 PM
Is Cahill any better than Chelsea already have?

Villain_94
30th December '11, 12:43 PM
Is Cahill any better than Chelsea already have?

he's better than alex and luiz

ivanovic cahill terry cole

strong defence imo

Xtra P
30th December '11, 12:47 PM
Nah, I agree it wont ruin his legacy....he is a great simple as, I just feel he's past it now, at 34 he wont be as agile and fast as he was..still like you said, he is probably better than what else Arsenal have.

Personally, I didn't want Wenger to re-sign him but he's here now so we'll have to make do.

Side note: Wenger has really pissed me off these last few years with his stubbornness and blindness to the obvious. Starting with the Denilson saga and how it took him so long to see what I and others could see for ages, that he's useless. Also the way he handled the transfers of Nasri/Cesc, telling the fans that they definitely won't be going when we all knew they were and and would have preferred the deals to have been done and dusted early in the summer so that we could bring in replacements and settle them in early in pre-season but instead he sells both players lastminute.com which results in us panic buying(the players we brought in are decent but still) which mean't that the new players didn't have time to settle in which negatively affected the first set of games of the season which is why we're struggling for a top 4 spot right now.

Wenger has handled the whole situation very badly and it is down to his stubbornness. He better charge Chamakh to the game early and cut his losses cause the fans won't accept another Denilson situation.

Cazorla
30th December '11, 01:06 PM
Villain what you on about?

Cahill is not better than Alex and Luiz.

talkingthehardest
30th December '11, 01:25 PM
Personally, I think people are exaggerating the situation with Henry's age. Just because he's 34 does not necessarily mean it will be a shit signing for us. Everyone footballer's physical attributes decline differently. Look at Giggs for example, he's 38 and is still doing well for Man Utd. Obviously he won't be as quick as he used to be but I believe, for a striker, you may lose your strength or speed but will never lose your goal-scoring ability. Raul is a great example, he's 34 and is doing very well at Schalke. The point is we haven't signed him to be a part of the starting 11, we've signed him as an option on the bench whilst Gervinho & Chamakh are away and he's a better option than anyone else we have. Let's be optimistic.

Personally, I didn't want Wenger to re-sign him but he's here now so we'll have to make do.

Side note: Wenger has really pissed me off these last few years with his stubbornness and blindness to the obvious. Starting with the Denilson saga and how it took him so long to see what I and others could see for ages, that he's useless. Also the way he handled the transfers of Nasri/Cesc, telling the fans that they definitely won't be going when we all knew they were and and would have preferred the deals to have been done and dusted early in the summer so that we could bring in replacements and settle them in early in pre-season but instead he sells both players lastminute.com which results in us panic buying(the players we brought in are decent but still) which mean't that the new players didn't have time to settle in which negatively affected the first set of games of the season which is why we're struggling for a top 4 spot right now.

Wenger has handled the whole situation very badly and it is down to his stubbornness. He better charge Chamakh to the game early and cut his losses cause the fans won't accept another Denilson situation.

Nasri and Fabregas leaving had nothing to do with Wenger's stubbornness. The fact that they left was because they wanted to leave, it's as simple as that. The timing of it was more to do with the players themselves and the board not allowing Fabregas to leave. Also, Barcelona failing to put up a formal bid. The Denilson situation I agree with but personally, he's no worse than Diaby imo. However, I think there's times this season where we could have played him, e.g. as opposed to Frimpong or Coquelin - as much as I like these players, they're not ready for the Premier league yet. We need to loan them out to Bolton or Villa to get first team football. And once again, I think people are making too much out of our bad start to the season being down to the fact we signed so many new players at the end of the transfer window. I think the main reason for our bad start to the season is because we had some very hard fixtures and had to play a crucial Champions league qualifier against Udinese, it took too much out of our young side.

Xtra P
30th December '11, 01:49 PM
Nasri and Fabregas leaving had nothing to do with Wenger's stubbornness. The fact that they left was because they wanted to leave, it's as simple as that. The timing of it was more to do with the players themselves and the board not allowing Fabregas to leave. Also, Barcelona failing to put up a formal bid. The Denilson situation I agree with but personally, he's no worse than Diaby imo. However, I think there's times this season where we could have played him, e.g. as opposed to Frimpong or Coquelin - as much as I like these players, they're not ready for the Premier league yet. We need to loan them out to Bolton or Villa to get first team football. And once again, I think people are making too much out of our bad start to the season being down to the fact we signed so many new players at the end of the transfer window. I think the main reason for our bad start to the season is because we had some very hard fixtures and had to play a crucial Champions league qualifier against Udinese, it took too much out of our young side.

I'm not talking about them leaving, I'm talking about the timing of them leaving and even if Barca were being funny with the fee or whatever we all knew Cesc was going, it was a matter of time so why not just get the replacements in early so they can bed in?, as for Nasri, he could have left a lot sooner to United or City, Wenger longed it out and even told the fans that Nasri won't be going anywhere as if we're fucking stupid, why blatantly lie to us?

The reason why the Denilson situation isn't as bad as the Diaby situation is 'cause Diaby isn't playing(Diaby is better than Denilson and would be doing a decent job if he was playing anyway) whereas Denilson was playing and causing us to lose with his sidewards passing that would slow down our attack and allow the opposition to reform and also his fucking feeble attempts of tracking players back, he would allow opposition players to run past him and it often resulted in us conceding a goal, the guy was an absolute liability.

Our bad start was DEFINITELY down to signing players late and not having a cohesive team. The Cesc/Nasri transfer saga unsettled the whole team and everyone predicted that it would affect us badly 'cause it was obvious it would and it did.

All you have to do is look at our form once we were half way in to the season, we picked up cause the players got to know each others game and their roles within the team, its blindingly obvious.

Zoffie
30th December '11, 01:57 PM
Luiz & Terry will be the starting defensive pair, for me they are 2 of the best in the Premier League, I wouldn't swap them. I suppose Cahill will come in for Terry with his ban.

Park was only signed to increase Arsenal's Asian fanbase.

No way, he's good

Hij
30th December '11, 03:17 PM
Heard a rumour our budget is £22m before transfers.

No way, he's good
Sources at Arsenal say he's not impressing? Why else are they signing Henry :laugh:

Julio Cesar
30th December '11, 03:20 PM
If park wasnt asian they wouldnt have signed him.

Villain_94
30th December '11, 03:29 PM
Luiz & Terry will be the starting defensive pair, for me they are 2 of the best in the Premier League, I wouldn't swap them. I suppose Cahill will come in for Terry with his ban.

No way, he's good

:lol:

this guy

BIGDON
30th December '11, 03:29 PM
Sky Sports sources understand Doncaster Rovers striker Billy Sharp has a £1.85million release clause in his contract which becomes effective on 1st January.

would like him tbh

Zoffie
30th December '11, 03:51 PM
:lol:

this guy

Sky Sports have Luiz down in the running for the flop of the year, I still believe like always people will come out saying...

He's come so far, he's adapted, he's now probably the best in the Premiership

Hij
30th December '11, 03:54 PM
I'm not Wenger, I have no idea how he will employ Henry, I suspect/hope he will take Chambles place on the bench.

Lmao at chambles

chris89
30th December '11, 03:57 PM
Lmao at chambles

Xtra P
30th December '11, 03:58 PM
lol

Brisboy84
30th December '11, 04:27 PM
Personally, I think people are exaggerating the situation with Henry's age. Just because he's 34 does not necessarily mean it will be a shit signing for us. Everyone footballer's physical attributes decline differently. Look at Giggs for example, he's 38 and is still doing well for Man Utd. Obviously he won't be as quick as he used to be but I believe, for a striker, you may lose your strength or speed but will never lose your goal-scoring ability. Raul is a great example, he's 34 and is doing very well at Schalke. The point is we haven't signed him to be a part of the starting 11, we've signed him as an option on the bench whilst Gervinho & Chamakh are away and he's a better option than anyone else we have. Let's be optimistic.

Spot on.

And all this tarnishing his legacy talk is rubbish. He's only coming for 2 months, not 5 years or whatever. Do you really think if he's poor for 2 months people will let that overshadow what he done in his previous 8 years at the club? I don't think so. They'll be like he was past his best so it's no surprise he was poor. If he does well, then that will only enhance his legacy. The least he'll give us is a hunger, passion and ability that Chamakh and Park currently don't possess. He loves the club and is happy to come in and help short-term. Would you rather have Chamakh and Park as backup for Van Persie or Henry? Obviously Henry.

Liverpool re-signed Robbie Fowler (also a legend for his club) for a year and didn't have that much of an impact. Did it tarnish his legacy with Liverpool? No.

Hij
30th December '11, 04:35 PM
Spot on.

And all this tarnishing his legacy talk is rubbish. He's only coming for 2 months, not 5 years or whatever. Do you really think if he's poor for 2 months people will let that overshadow what he done in his previous 8 years at the club? I don't think so. They'll be like he was past his best so it's no surprise he was poor. If he does well, then that will only enhance his legacy. The least he'll give us is a hunger, passion and ability that Chamakh and Park currently don't possess. He loves the club and is happy to come in and help short-term. Would you rather have Chamakh and Park as backup for Van Persie or Henry? Obviously Henry.

Liverpool re-signed Robbie Fowler (also a legend for his club) for a year and didn't have that much of an impact. Did it tarnish his legacy with Liverpool? No.