PDA

View Full Version : Platini considering having Qatar 2022 during the Winter

Hij
2nd December '11, 10:10 PM
He can fuck right off

Michel Platini happy with winter World Cup in Qatar

Uefa president Michel Platini has revealed he is willing to move European club competitions to enable the 2022 Qatar World Cup to be held in winter.

Temperatures reach 50C in Qatar during June when World Cups traditionally start - but Platini says the tournament could be played earlier in the year.

He said: "If we play in winter, [it is] not a problem to organise it."

The Qatar bid beat the United States, Australia, Japan and South Korea to win the right to host the 2022 World Cup.

Qatari officials have plans that include air-conditioned stadiums and are researching the potential creation of artificial clouds which would alleviate some of the heat in the Middle East country.

However, the possibility of moving the World Cup to winter was also suggested and Platini has offered to alter the schedules of European competitions.

He told Al Jazeera: "If the people can't come to enjoy it [because it is too hot], it's not good. Instead of stopping the [European] season in May, you play until June, then stop in December. Where is the problem?"

The Uefa president also reiterated his belief that the decision to hand the World Cup to Qatar - whose international side is ranked 95th in the current Fifa rankings - was correct as he believes it is the right time to play the competition in an Arab nation.

He added: "I think it's nice to go to another part of the world, with people who have never hosted the World Cup.

"I think it was a good decision but now we have to adapt to when and where the best moment is to play this World Cup in Qatar."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16004787.stm

Rambo
2nd December '11, 10:11 PM
what do you mean you done it for the p?

Mr. Jefferies
2nd December '11, 10:13 PM
i think this was mentioned last year some time just after they announced the winning bids, but this is a piss take anyway.

i'm mad.

Nigel
2nd December '11, 10:42 PM
Giving Qatart the football world cups like giving Russia the cricket WC.

Stupid decision that will do no benefit to a country that's got about 25% of its population being Qatari.

Grizzly
2nd December '11, 11:21 PM
i'm mad.

fucking joke. if it's too hot they shouldn't even been considered to host the world cup, it's a summer thing and will disrupt football season. fuck internationals in winter.

how will they work it around the football season? they won't. cunts.

Hutch
3rd December '11, 03:08 AM
These guys are fucking clowns that run football I swear.

If we had a break in December it would completely fuck up everything. There would end up being no summer break because all the remaining fixtures would need to be played in June and July then the league would restart again in August. That would also have an impact on the transfer window.
Plus the football over christmas and new year is like the best time of the year in the prem :-D

Wonder how much Qatar paid to win the vote anyway.

RealOnRoad
3rd December '11, 03:09 AM
10 years away couldn't give a fuck

EA
3rd December '11, 10:54 AM
Doubt this will happen tbh.

Switch
3rd December '11, 11:40 AM
smh at this bullshit

they surely knew about just how hot it'll be in that country so why even bother giving them the tournament only to fuck everything else up just to suit them, this can't happen surely, wouldn't the clubs have to agree to something as daft as this?