GrimmyGrimGrim
30th November '11, 07:49 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2n6t5wy.gif

Hutch
30th November '11, 07:50 PM

Hij
30th November '11, 07:52 PM
The Chelsea fans laugh at them after he helped us to beating them twice. :laugh:

DTR
That GIF:laugh:

Pissed for Liverpool though.

Samir_NasG

lulz

Shakeem
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/jay8wonder/8f5nq10.gif

Hij
30th November '11, 07:55 PM
If I made this thread 3 years ago no-one would be laughing, they'd be like "oh shit, liverpool will be better without him".

Shows the difference

THE Seasiders were dealt an unfortunate blow ahead of the busy December programme with the news that Liverpool have recalled in-form midfielder Jonjo Shelvey from his loan spell with the club.

Samir_NasG
30th November '11, 07:57 PM

hahahah

GrimmyGrimGrim
30th November '11, 07:58 PM
The Chelsea fans laugh at them after he helped us to beating them twice. :laugh:

not exactly a feat atm

we're in a #crisis bro

Hutch
30th November '11, 07:59 PM
I'm just laughing because it was a tackle he made and we won a free kick from it too :laugh:

Jack 1017
30th November '11, 08:01 PM
Meh, not a big game player anyway. Atleast your 25m signing can get some more game time bros

Samir_NasG
30th November '11, 08:05 PM
No worries the new 'Roy Keane' Jay Spearing can get a chance now.

Hij
30th November '11, 08:06 PM
Meh, not a big game player anyway. Atleast your 25m signing can get some more game time bros

Same way you can put on Arshavin who cost 43.5m

Meh, not a big game player anyway.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

*Disgards Stepper from now on*

30th November '11, 08:10 PM
Hij

umad.jpeg

I've rated Lucas for time, he was unfairly blamed for Liverpool's misfortunes.

:lol:

DTR
30th November '11, 08:10 PM
DLV-65aenrM
nQTxmAJvWdM
NU4EnS2ziEc

GrimmyGrimGrim
30th November '11, 08:12 PM
why does Arshavin looked shocked every time he scores

I LOVE GRIME
30th November '11, 08:12 PM
its henderson time Hij

30th November '11, 08:16 PM

notsureifretarded

Hij
30th November '11, 08:24 PM
Not sure if Henderson is that guy for DM, its the only position we are short in, hence Lucas importance. Maybe Spearing? Henderson is more like Adam

I wasn't sending for Arshavin, but with Stepper pulling figures like 25m out of his arse - I thought I had carte blanche to make up some of my own.

As far as I am aware the fees for Downing and Henderson (and I assume he is referring to Henderson) are between 16m and 20m for Downing and between 12m and 18m for Henderson- obviously going right up to the maximum total should they stay with us for a certain amount of time etc etc.

No one, not even the Newspapers or Sky Sports actually know, unless some people can show me the contracts and the bids that were submitted?

And again, a very clear look at transfer fees over all finances, and not considering or comprehending that getting rid of 19 squad players from previous regimes, saved enough money in contracts/wages over the next few years to buy these two without breaking into other funds. It could be that the owners have done this because they don't want to invest their own cash yet, or too much of it, or so that we can spend further next summer.

If we spend again say 40m net again next summer, it'll be "Liverpool have spent 140m in two seasons" - but it won't take into account the players sold, money recouped on wages and long term contracts that we forced off the bill.

For instance if Lille end up signing Joe Cole, we'll save 22.88m that we would have been giving him on wages (but he was a "free" transfer)

Hij
30th November '11, 08:36 PM
da fuck u on about???

See my previous posts. I can make up transfer fees as well.

Also, in addition to my previous post.

Andy Carroll will cost Liverpool (inc wages and initial transfer fee) a total of 46.4m over his 5 and a half year contract. A total of 162,377 a week (slightly more than some players wages before including any transfer fee) - admittedly still quite a lot, but I'm using our most expensive signing for the example. That figure reduces more if he is successful and signs a new contract as he is only 22 (no need to sign him twice) - but ofc you may have to up his wages (but I doubt he'd get 162,377 a week).

Sergio Aguero will cost Man City 92.2m over the course of his 5 year contract. Working out at a total of 354,615 a week over the course of his contract.

So even with Andy Carroll costing an abhorrent amount- Sergio Aguero still cost more than twice as much.

NB: Suarez costs 111,328 a week over the course of his contract including wages and transfer fee because like all of our signings since January, he was willing to accept 40,000 a week. His entire cost to Liverpool works out cheaper per week than Barry (120,000) K.Toure (120,000) Gerrard (140,000 at Liverpool) Adeybayor (140,000 at Man City) Tevez (140,000 at Man City) Lampard (150,000 at Chelsea), Terry (151,000 at Chelsea)- wages alone.

Torres was on 110,000 at Liverpool. So on top of the 50m fee, we saved 70,000 a week swapping him for Suarez. Over 4 seasons that accounts for 14,560,000 and pays for a rather large chunk of Carroll

Plak
30th November '11, 08:43 PM
See my previous posts. I can make up transfer fees as well.

Also, in addition to my previous post.

Andy Carroll will cost Liverpool (inc wages and initial transfer fee) a total of 46.4m over his 5 and a half year contract. A total of 162,377 a week (less than some players wages before including a transfer fee) - admittedly still quite a lot. That figure reduces more if he is successful and signs a new contract (no need to sign him twice) - but ofc you may have to up his wages (but I doubt he'd get 162,377 a week).

Sergio Aguero will cost Man City 92.2m over the course of his 5 year contract. Working out at a total of 354,615 a week over the course of his contract.

So even with Andy Carroll costing an abhorrent amount- Sergio Aguero still cost more than twice as much.

If I've done that calculation right, you're suggesting Andy Carroll is on just under 40k p/w?

Hij
30th November '11, 08:53 PM
If I've done that calculation right, you're suggesting Andy Carroll is on just under 40k p/w?

He's on 40k so if its a bit under I fucked up somewhere.

Henderson, Adam, Suarez, Coates, Carroll, Downing are all on 40k because they bought into a long term project. All of them were stepping up from the club they were at (Suarez is debateable, but forum members talk a lot about how "shit" the Dutch league is).

Although in fairness if we do well, and they perform, or we get into Champions League them salaries would have to increase.

I don't know what Bellamy is on as he was on a lot at City and I don't know if we had to match that, or whether he was willing to take a cut to join a Premier League team (After his loan spell at Cardiff, presumably paid for by City).

Hij
30th November '11, 08:53 PM
so he should, he's far better than that caveman.

Shit troll. Even at that price we over paid, the point isn't his quality, its just so many of you look at the transfer fee and not the other major factor, the wages.

Not every big transfer requires you to pay 120,000-220,000 a week on top as well.

Brisboy84
30th November '11, 08:54 PM
why does Arshavin looked shocked every time he scores

Not every time lol. He certainly was shocked when he scored his 4th goal in that game against Liverpool at Anfield.

Big blow for Liverpool. He's become an important player for them.

Hij
30th November '11, 08:54 PM
just another Hij statistic. Next he'll be saying Liverpool are top of the prem based on the number of shots they had vs Norwich.

Then your retarded. You do realise clubs have to pay the wages to players after you sign them and then budget for them?

Hij
30th November '11, 08:56 PM
And in fairness to Samir Nas G, I would imagine this summer that Suarez will negotiate a pay increase based on how well he has played for us and in view of him being one of our top performers.

NSF
30th November '11, 08:57 PM
Not meaning to derail the thread but how the fuck do football transfers work? When they say "Carroll was bought for 35m" does that mean Liverpool gave 35m to newcastle and on top of that they pay his wages a week, or is his wage included in the 35m they bought him for and Newcastle only get a percentage of that for the sale?

Hij
30th November '11, 08:58 PM
so your admitting you overpaid for a shit 40k a week player?

zeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!

I didn't pay anything mate.

quality
30th November '11, 08:59 PM
*prays Suarez and Van Persie are next, and King stays fit for a year*

Pipe dreams mayne

Hij
30th November '11, 09:00 PM
sorry bro didn't realise you were part of Andy Carrolls contract negotiaton team. I forgot you have accurate information into how much he receives per week. Apologies.

Yours sincerely,

Samir

Kenny Dalglish told Rory Smith who published it in the Telegraph. You can come back in 24 hours.

quality
30th November '11, 09:01 PM
Kenny Dalglish told Rory Smith who published it in the Telegraph. You can come back in 24 hours.

I'd be pissed if my manager baited me up as earning less than John O'Shea. No wonder he's lazy...

Hij
30th November '11, 09:02 PM
Not meaning to derail the thread but how the fuck do football transfers work? When they say "Carroll was bought for 35m" does that mean Liverpool gave 35m to newcastle and on top of that they pay his wages a week, or is his wage included in the 35m they bought him for and Newcastle only get a percentage of that for the sale?

Newcastle get the 35m. Infact they get that from Chelsea probably lol

THEN Carroll gets paid.

There will also be a fee paid to Carroll's agent, but I am not party to that figure so haven't included it.

I'd be pissed if my manager baited me up as earning less than John O'Shea. No wonder he's lazy...

Surprised he hasn't said anything negative then.

We're a team out of the Champions League and now out of the Europa. Did you think Henderson and Downing would be on 130k a week lol

quality
30th November '11, 09:03 PM
At least let people think he's balling. Allow Joey Barton trying all that "I earn more money than you" and being right.

Hij
30th November '11, 09:05 PM
At least let people think he's balling. Allow Joey Barton trying all that "I earn more money than you" and being right.

It's not a major deal. It's still 40,000 a week mate.

quality
30th November '11, 09:08 PM
What's Suarez supposed to be on btw? Harry didn't want him as he thought he couldn't play up top by himself (lol), so I assume its under our limit of 70k?

Pirate
30th November '11, 09:11 PM
getting 35 million for the white heskey, then getting ba for free, then being in the top 4 after 13 games ahead of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea lululululul #ComeAtMeBros

Matt91
30th November '11, 09:12 PM
http://static.givemefootball.com/gmf/files/e3/e3559d15-b773-4773-a5f2-390a67215906.634534934548300490.jpg

Hij
30th November '11, 09:14 PM
He's on 40k as well. But I would imagine based on his performance he'll be on to pick up a contract more on par with Gerrard and Carragher either before the end of the season, or in the summer. Which would skew my numbers definitely.

I also think there is a trend in the current climate amongst football teams to try and reverse the trend for wages. I believe that's one of the reasons we went for players like Henderson, Adam and Downing over quality, proven foreign players - Liverpool is a step up for all of them three and they may never play for a team at our level again, but the premium on the transfer fee is there because they are English.

getting 35 million for the white heskey, then getting ba for free, then being in the top 4 after 13 games ahead of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea lululululul #ComeAtMeBros

I cannae argue with that

Is that right? :laugh:

Hutch
30th November '11, 09:21 PM
I saw somewhere that Liverpool pay 7m a year on Suarez and Carroll's wages combined. If that's true and as Hij says they're both on equal amounts, then they're both on around 67k a week.

Obviously I'm just going on what I've heard I have no inside info on wages lol, but I find it hard to believe Carroll is on 40k a week.

Pirate
30th November '11, 09:23 PM
He's on 40k as well. But I would imagine based on his performance he'll be on to pick up a contract more on par with Gerrard and Carragher either before the end of the season, or in the summer. Which would skew my numbers definitely.

I also think there is a trend in the current climate amongst football teams to try and reverse the trend for wages. I believe that's one of the reasons we went for players like Henderson, Adam and Downing over quality, proven foreign players - Liverpool is a step up for all of them three and they may never play for a team at our level again, but the premium on the transfer fee is there because they are English.

I cannae argue with that

Is that right? :laugh:

Nah, too Scottish that, ah'd gan fah ah cannit argue wi that canny lad

chris89
30th November '11, 09:28 PM
I'm just laughing because it was a tackle he made and we won a free kick from it too :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: can't believe he won a free kick tbh I swear he clattered Ramires I think it was?

Carroll on 40k a week? Would be a good deal if you hadn't paid 25m over the odds for him

30th November '11, 09:29 PM
*prays Suarez and Van Persie are next, and King stays fit for a year*

Pipe dreams mayne

LOOOOOOOOL

My nigga RvP been fit for over a year now... :stunned:

King will never stay fit tbh, shame as he's a top player, but he's a yid cunt like you and Lex so...

Meh... Inshallah he retires... :laugh::evilgrin:

Hutch
30th November '11, 09:30 PM
:laugh: :laugh: can't believe he won a free kick tbh I swear he clattered Ramires I think it was?

Yeh it was either Ramires or Bertrand, it was in the left back sort of area but Ramires runs for fun so probably was him lol. I swear we won the free kick? I remember Luiz looking at the ref as if we had to give Liverpool the ball back but he just played on as if it was a normal free kick for us (which it was).

chris89
30th November '11, 09:36 PM
misread your post my bad Hutch

I can't remember it took ages for them to get the cunt off on the stretcher I think I lost interest tbh

30th November '11, 09:50 PM
that takes the piss

rest of the season without our best player

chris89
30th November '11, 09:56 PM
Slowly the scarves of Anfield are drooping

Xtra P
30th November '11, 10:20 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsisgfOyE81qhwi0t.gif

DTR
30th November '11, 10:33 PM
Then your retarded. You do realise clubs have to pay the wages to players after you sign them and then budget for them?
Bit ironic, you're*
:-D

Billy Sharp
1st December '11, 12:44 AM
according to FM12 carrolls on 70k and suarez is on 60k.

i know fm isnt 100% accurate but ther not normally that far wrong

Burden Durden
1st December '11, 01:02 AM
Yeh it was either Ramires or Bertrand, it was in the left back sort of area but Ramires runs for fun so probably was him lol. I swear we won the free kick? I remember Luiz looking at the ref as if we had to give Liverpool the ball back but he just played on as if it was a normal free kick for us (which it was).

It was mata

1st December '11, 01:26 AM
Slowly the scarves of Anfield are drooping

not like those plastic chelsea flags then

Hutch
1st December '11, 02:21 AM
It was mata

We're all wrong, it was on Lampard lulul.

El Asesino
1st December '11, 02:40 AM
is this definate yeah? fucking massive blow. fucking massive

:@

Hij
1st December '11, 07:23 AM
not like those plastic chelsea flags then

according to FM12 carrolls on 70k and suarez is on 60k.

i know fm isnt 100% accurate but ther not normally that far wrong

They are wrong.

:laugh:
Carroll on 40k a week? Would be a good deal if you hadn't paid 25m over the odds for him

I haven't disagreed that we over spent on him in particular, but our other players have been quite astute, while "English and shit"

I saw somewhere that Liverpool pay 7m a year on Suarez and Carroll's wages combined. If that's true and as Hij says they're both on equal amounts, then they're both on around 67k a week.

Obviously I'm just going on what I've heard I have no inside info on wages lol, but I find it hard to believe Carroll is on 40k a week.

Rory Smith knows. I'll link you the podcast where he talks about it.

But feel free to work it out at 67,000 for Suarez if you would like - it still works out much cheaper than any other player in his category, including players that never "signed" for their club

But they are both on 40k (for now, Suarez anyway)

Burden Durden
1st December '11, 07:40 AM
We're all wrong, it was on Lampard lulul.

Nah im right lululu

With 20 minutes remaining of Tuesday night's game at Stamford Bridge, Lucas collided with Chelsea's Spanish midfielder Juan Mata. He went down clutching his left knee and was carried off. "I will have the scan to see how bad is [sic] my injury," he wrote on Twitter immediately afterwards. "Just send positives [sic] energy and I hope won't be too bad."

Hij
1st December '11, 07:49 AM
Nah im right lululu

With 20 minutes remaining of Tuesday night's game at Stamford Bridge, Lucas collided with Chelsea's Spanish midfielder Juan Mata. He went down clutching his left knee and was carried off. "I will have the scan to see how bad is [sic] my injury," he wrote on Twitter immediately afterwards. "Just send positives [sic] energy and I hope won't be too bad."

You are correct, it was more due to fatigue than anything.

And to think Kenny was having a go at us having to play 2 games in 48 hours. Oh well - he played him he got injured we get on with it.

Diss04
1st December '11, 09:29 AM
You are correct, it was more due to fatigue than anything.

And to think Kenny was having a go at us having to play 2 games in 48 hours. Oh well - he played him he got injured we get on with it.

Gutted for the Kop, he's been very impressive.

At least you got Shelvey back...

M.O.G.
1st December '11, 10:02 AM
Gutted absolutely gutted, Lucas has been a stand-out for the past 18 months.
Looks like Spearing will get a few games now, if only we still had Poulsen

chris89
1st December '11, 11:17 AM
Plastic flags will forever be flying high

Josh
1st December '11, 11:23 AM
He's been excellent for the past two seasons now so it's a massive blow. Still, I'm kinda glad because I go on a couple of other football forums and all the liverpool fans do is wank themselves into a frothy stupour over Lucas whenever he plays, takes piss.

M.O.G.
1st December '11, 12:00 PM
He's been excellent for the past two seasons now so it's a massive blow. Still, I'm kinda glad because I go on a couple of other football forums and all the liverpool fans do is wank themselves into a frothy stupour over Lucas whenever he plays, takes piss.

With me i'd go as far as saying I honestly think we have a better chance of winning with Lucas in the team

Samir_NasG
1st December '11, 08:24 PM

No well in hell Carrolls on 40k that's less than Bendtner!! and he was probably getting more at Newcastle.

Plak
1st December '11, 08:36 PM
Unless he got a deep 10-13m signing on fee in which case that's hidden costs, and isn't usually shown in fees/wages.

Hij
2nd December '11, 12:20 AM
No well in hell Carrolls on 40k that's less than Bendtner!! and he was probably getting more at Newcastle.

As a youth player breaking into the team? :laugh: You think Newcastle are rolling in cash?

Anyway I trust the journo with links to the club over you anyway.

Gutted for the Kop, he's been very impressive.

At least you got Shelvey back...

Shelvey has apparently impressed at Blackpool and does look a good prospect.

Genuinely not sure if you are taking the piss or not.

Also, I broke the news about Lucas here before the club officially announced it *dances*

Diss04
2nd December '11, 10:36 AM
Shelvey has apparently impressed at Blackpool and does look a good prospect.

Genuinely not sure if you are taking the piss or not.

Also, I broke the news about Lucas here before the club officially announced it *dances*

I've rated Shelvey for a while and I played against him a few times in school matches. I genuinely can't remember if I was taking the piss or not lol

M.O.G.
2nd December '11, 03:24 PM
Now looks like Gerrard is out until Xmas

quality
2nd December '11, 03:24 PM
He keeps picking up these mysterious infections, maybe he has AIDs.

2nd December '11, 03:26 PM
we're not missing gerrard as much as we're gonna miss lucas

Hij
2nd December '11, 03:29 PM
we're not missing gerrard as much as we're gonna miss lucas

Agree.

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher believes the injury that has ruled midfielder Lucas Leiva out for the remainder of the season has robbed the Reds of their “best player”.Lucas suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in his side’s 2-0 win over Chelsea in the Carling Cup quarter final on Tuesday, with scans confirming the Brazilian internationals worst fears yesterday.Carragher believes that while forward Luis Suarez has attracted the most headlines since making the switch to Anfield in January, the form of Lucas over the past two seasons makes him Liverpool’s best player.

“For the last 18 months, in my opinion, he has been our best player," the former England international said."Luis has come in and done great things for the club, but Lucas has been his equal in many ways."He has been as good as anyone in the team this season."After an underwhelming start at Anfield Lucas has slowly emerged as an integral part of Kenny Dalglish’s side as they go in search of returning to the Champions League, and was named the Reds’ player of the season last term.The former Gremio player, who arrived under Rafael Benitez in 2007, was the subject of much derision having failed to impress straight away, and Carragher believes it is a testament to Lucas’ strength that he has been able to win over the Liverpool faithful."I have been there in terms of receiving criticism," Carragher commented."High standards are expected when you play for one of the big clubs and there are plenty of examples of players who have gone missing after realising the demands on them."But you can tell he is a top player as he never let that bother him - he just got on with it and plays in nearly every game."If he has a little knock, he will always try and carry on, doing his best for us. There are lots of different characters but you can't fault Lucas

quality
2nd December '11, 03:30 PM
I remember thinking he was definitely your best player under Hodgson, but there wasn't a whole lot of competition at that point. Much improved.

Hij
2nd December '11, 03:31 PM
He keeps picking up these mysterious infections, maybe he has AIDs.

The grapevine are certain his career is over bar the odd match if we risk him.

2nd December '11, 03:39 PM
this season every time I've watched him he barely puts a foot wrong, and his tackling back and passing are 50 times better than what they were, doesn't constantly give away fouls or just pass it square anymore

daspecimen
3rd December '11, 08:10 AM
With all the talkand criticism of weakened teams this week, and Liverpool fans at all annoyed that this happened in the Carling Cup?

Hij
3rd December '11, 01:47 PM
With all the talkand criticism of weakened teams this week, and Liverpool fans at all annoyed that this happened in the Carling Cup?

Not really no. I like that we are looking to win a trophy . I think perhaps Lucas should have been rested. Either the doctors said rest him and Kenny didnt or they said nothing and he played him.

Alternatively it could just have been unlucky . We did change 7 players from the City game though

El Asesino
3rd December '11, 02:02 PM
fao liverpool fans, do you think we will sign anybody in January? If the speculation about Gerrard being finished is to be believed we need another holding midfielder, surely?

also, with Anelka being left out against Newcastle and out of contract in the summer do you think we'll maybe pick him up? i know he loves the club.

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:08 PM
We are definitely signing a midfielder. We were already looking at one as cover for Lucas now that is even more a priority .

No idea who though mate

3rd December '11, 07:50 PM
first transfer window in a while where we can look to strengthen our squad, rather than complete it

Plak
3rd December '11, 08:20 PM
Liverpool will really struggle without Lucas, Henderson is shit and Adam isn't anythin special.

Hij
3rd December '11, 10:30 PM
Liverpool will really struggle without Lucas, Henderson is shit and Adam isn't anythin special.

If you qualified that with "as defensive midfielders" I'd agree with you.

Plak
4th December '11, 10:04 PM
If you qualified that with "as defensive midfielders" I'd agree with you.
Essentially what I meant, Adam I can see why you bought, but Henderson is easily the biggest waste of money Liverpool have spent under Kenny, including Carroll.

Hij
4th December '11, 10:29 PM
but Henderson is easily the biggest waste of money Liverpool have spent under Kenny

At the age of 21 after less than 6 months?

Grimes
4th December '11, 10:30 PM
henderson has showned his potential, just needs to bury his opportunities.

Hij
4th December '11, 10:31 PM
henderson has showned his potential, just needs to bury his opportunities.

This. If he'd scored a couple more then his goals per minute would look nice. Shame really.

Plak
4th December '11, 10:36 PM
Obviously I don't watch much of Liverpool, maybe it was just for the England U21s but he was completely useless all 3 games, and didn't show anythin to suggest otherwise at WHL vs you.

Pirate
4th December '11, 11:24 PM
just in case we was in any doubt, karma does exist... i laughed about lucas being out and now taylors out for the season :dead:

Hij
4th December '11, 11:26 PM
Obviously I don't watch much of Liverpool, maybe it was just for the England U21s but he was completely useless all 3 games, and didn't show anythin to suggest otherwise at WHL vs you.

So your judging him essentially on 3 games with a load of players who aren't really that good.

And a game against Spurs where all our players were shit?

He's not amazing or anything to be fair, but he's showing signs of potential and he's young

Matt91
4th December '11, 11:49 PM
just in case we was in any doubt, karma does exist... i laughed about lucas being out and now taylors out for the season :dead:

http://www.sirlin.net/storage/articles/slippery.png

Pirate
4th December '11, 11:50 PM
we've played all the good teams once though so shouldn't be that bad

Matt91
5th December '11, 01:28 AM
you'll probs finish 7th maybe 8th imo

quality
5th December '11, 11:29 AM
Depends if Ashley decides to sell anyone in January (Tiote, Coloccini etc). Swear he's trolling the fans.

Hij
5th December '11, 11:31 AM
Depends if Ashley decides to sell anyone in January (Tiote, Coloccini etc). Swear he's trolling the fans.Pardew deflected attention nicely.

Even I'd forgotten they just renamed St. James Park to Sports Direct Arena coz they were doing so well and they were at home on Saturday :laugh: