Hij
29th November '11, 11:25 PM
64m cash

I need to retire

29th November '11, 11:27 PM
Needs to be a draw tbh.

Julio Cesar
29th November '11, 11:29 PM
Was thinking draw, but I thinkthat Newcastles forwards could give chelsea's defense a hard time and the geordies are solid defensively so I reckon Newcastle will win.

Switch
29th November '11, 11:31 PM
100k on newcastle

Hutch
29th November '11, 11:40 PM
Loool we're still favourites, this can't be life bros.

I'm never betting on us again. I didn't bet tonight but I bet on Torres and the guy didn't even play.

w8

Julio Cesar
29th November '11, 11:42 PM
Might put a mil on Newcastle, will wait until saturday just in case there is any injuries.

Hij
29th November '11, 11:44 PM
+26m Newcastle
+26m Draw
-13m Chelsea

Chelsea probably win now but wtf.

Switch
29th November '11, 11:45 PM
Loool we're still favourites, this can't be life bros.

I'm never betting on us again. I didn't bet tonight but I bet on Torres and the guy didn't even play.

w8serious, no send but i really dont get why the odds are so short for chelsea, you've been shit for a while now and newcastle have been going strong still and im guess this is at newcastles ground to, oddness.

chris89
29th November '11, 11:52 PM
lol @ the odds

Matt91
29th November '11, 11:55 PM
wtf has horse racing done to vbookie? fuck that

mac
30th November '11, 12:31 AM
serious, no send but i really dont get why the odds are so short for chelsea, you've been shit for a while now and newcastle have been going strong still and im guess this is at newcastles ground to, oddness.

bigdon has started using my method of checking the teams stats on fifa 12 before deciding the odds bro.

Hij
30th November '11, 12:33 AM
lol @ the odds

wtf has horse racing done to vbookie? fuck that
Baffed.

Julio Cesar
30th November '11, 12:34 AM
Put a mil on it incase Newcastle's odds get shorter.

Hij
30th November '11, 12:35 AM
Must win game for Chelsea- its a massive massive match especially if Newcastle show the form they have so far.

Matt91
30th November '11, 12:37 AM
Hij i've just seen everyones rep and i assumed it was from the races

Hij
30th November '11, 12:38 AM
Theres might be, mine is a little but mainly footie.

DTR
30th November '11, 12:38 AM
Was thinking draw, but I thinkthat Newcastles forwards could give chelsea's defense a hard time and the geordies are solid defensively so I reckon Newcastle will win.
You're jus' saying that because you hate Terry and the rest of Chelsea:laugh:

Julio Cesar
30th November '11, 11:09 AM
You're jus' saying that because you hate Terry and the rest of Chelsea:laugh:

Fair point :laugh: I genuinely think Newcastle will get at least a point though.

Xtra P
30th November '11, 11:33 AM
Chelsea's 'crisis' will end here and they'll go on a winning streak. Quote me.

Jack 1017
30th November '11, 11:39 AM

Cant see Chelski winning tbh

Xtra P
30th November '11, 11:59 AM
Hope not but I think they will.

DTR
30th November '11, 12:46 PM
Quoted.

EA
30th November '11, 04:20 PM
This match screams a draw to me with the slight chance of Newcastle winning 1-0. Newcastle's defence can be miserly and Chelsea seem lacking in the final third sometimes.

Zoffie
30th November '11, 04:31 PM
Newcastle have been great in defense this year and they are at home, Chelsea's attack line is not exactly working as they'd love it too, but, we have scored a gang of goals.

I think Chelsea are more likely to win this game, but, like the Leverkusen game where I thought that, you don't score enough and you're vulnerable to that set-piece result (England v Spain)

Strong hint that Drogba would be starting, which is good for us I think, Sturridge is potent as well & Mata is creating goals.
I'm not sure where Boas head is at with Lampard, I think he persists with him, but, I believe we'd be better without him, we'll see.

I'm a Luiz fan there is a big bandwagon to get rid of him after every game we lose and more often than not he is not responsible for the loss and has actually played well. I will be glad that he plays & be glad that we are trying to keep.. Iva, Luiz, Terry, Cole as a stable back 4.

Just judging from Chelsea's side, I think we could win again, the only slight on that opinion is basing it on that Newcastle don't have a top side.
It feels like we have lost to EVERY big side, so if Newcastle are where they are because they have found that big side formula then in a head to head then maybe we come off worse again.

DTR
30th November '11, 04:34 PM
Tempted to stick something on the draw.

chris89
30th November '11, 04:42 PM
Newcastle have been great in defense this year and they are at home, Chelsea's attack line is not exactly working as they'd love it too, but, we have scored a gang of goals.

I think Chelsea are more likely to win this game, but, like the Leverkusen game where I thought that, you don't score enough and you're vulnerable to that set-piece result (England v Spain)

Strong hint that Drogba would be starting, which is good for us I think, Sturridge is potent as well & Mata is creating goals.
I'm not sure where Boas head is at with Lampard, I think he persists with him, but, I believe we'd be better without him, we'll see.

I'm a Luiz fan there is a big bandwagon to get rid of him after every game we lose and more often than not he is not responsible for the loss and has actually played well. I will be glad that he plays & be glad that we are trying to keep.. Iva, Luiz, Terry, Cole as a stable back 4.

Just judging from Chelsea's side, I think we could win again, the only slight on that opinion is basing it on that Newcastle don't have a top side.
It feels like we have lost to EVERY big side, so if Newcastle are where they are because they have found that big side formula then in a head to head then maybe we come off worse again.

I don't know what matches you watch to be honest, he's been pretty bad in every game apart from against Leverkusen, he got subbed the we conceded 2.

Pirate
30th November '11, 10:25 PM
40k on Newcastle

Mercury
30th November '11, 11:42 PM
lulul 10 on chelsea

UP 3.0
30th November '11, 11:52 PM
I said before the season started that Chelsea would win the league, I still stand by that.

EDIT: Slapped all 10 points on the chelsea win, COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

Scrappy123
30th November '11, 11:54 PM
I said before the season started that Chelsea would win the league, I still stand by that.

EDIT: Slapped all 10 points on the chelsea win, COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bro.

Had to do it:-D

Fulham>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

UP 3.0
30th November '11, 11:57 PM
lol u have a statue of michael jackson outside ur ground, i would rather support woking that have a michael jackson statue outside my ground

real spit

and to top it all off it doesn't even look like him lol, u got a michael jackson statue right out of the reject bin and u put it outside ur fucking ground u prick lol

when that egyptian cunt dies ur fucked lululul

Scrappy123
1st December '11, 12:03 AM
lol u have a statue of michael jackson outside ur ground, i would rather support woking that have a michael jackson statue outside my ground

real spit

and to top it all off it doesn't even look like him lol, u got a michael jackson statue right out of the reject bin and u put it outside ur fucking ground u prick lol

when that egyptian cunt dies ur fucked lululul

Al Fayed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your mum's existence

"real spit"

wud
1st December '11, 12:24 AM
60k on Newcastle

Tiote could be back from injury which is a huge boost, Obertan looked lethal against Man U, cant even put into words how good Ben Arfa is

Shower Posse
1st December '11, 01:51 AM
only 20 put on Chelsea

:lol:

Mercury
1st December '11, 09:19 AM
This match screams a draw to me with the slight chance of Newcastle winning 1-0. Newcastle's defence can be miserly and Chelsea seem lacking in the final third sometimes.

i put 13 on a draw so its all good

EDIT: do people still get rep when they're banned? UP 3.0 :lol:

chris89
1st December '11, 11:22 AM
70k on Chelsea, fuck it, happy with 500 rep

Pirate
2nd December '11, 03:47 PM
Howay The Lads!

i could use the rep aboot noo tbh

Zoffie
3rd December '11, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if 2 years from now everybody is on Luiz's schloong talking about how he is the best & he had a shaky start in England, but then he managed to narrow his temperament and just had to take time to adjust.

Maybe I'm wrong & he'd be considered rubbish for the rest of his career, I don't see it, even if the Premiership does not appreciate him, you'd find him at Barca/AC etc & everyone at least there would appreciate him.

I just would always start Luiz.

& shout-out to Jeffrey Bruma who again is another ball playing CB who is starting to make a name for himself at Hamburg a future duo with the two of them should be interesting

Greeze
3rd December '11, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if 2 years from now everybody is on Luiz's schloong talking about how he is the best & he had a shaky start in England, but then he managed to narrow his temperament and just had to take time to adjust.

Maybe I'm wrong & he'd be considered rubbish for the rest of his career, I don't see it, even if the Premiership does not appreciate him, you'd find him at Barca/AC etc & everyone at least there would appreciate him.

I just would always start Luiz.

& shout-out to Jeffrey Bruma who again is another ball playing CB who is starting to make a name for himself at Hamburg a future duo with the two of them should be interesting

your on Luiz's schlong now though bro. just accept hes been poor this season and move on

Zoffie
3rd December '11, 01:44 PM
There's a difference, dick-riders are band-wagoners. I've never said David Luiz as he is now is perfect.

What's his main criticism, he picks up bookings, he can cause penalties, well? How many times has he been sent off?
How many penalties has he caused?

- This is what I see, I watch Luiz and he's really adept at winning the ball cleanly on his feet, with his feet.
- When the ball comes into the box on the ground, invariably when he plays he's the one in the position to kick it out & when he - kicks it out usually it's to a safe enough place.
- When it comes to interceptions in general he averages a great amount a match, it'd be good for OptaJoe to see how many
- When a player is in behind & has yards on Luiz, he does very well to make up the space.
- For such a ball playing defender who isn't the tallest, he wins more than his fair share of 50-50's & headers
- He has the ability to tidy up a scrappy situation and bring the ball out cleanly
- Other defenders up against players like Rooney stand off of him, whenever I've seen Luiz taking on the better players
He's more positive & takes it off of them.
- He puts his body on the line.
- He plays with heart & passion.

As I said, they said the same about Essien's tackling when he dropped here & he picked up a gang of red cards.

The reason why so many people don't rate him is the same with the Balotelli situation, they are creating a rep for him, Balotelli didn't deserve to go off & yet people were laying into him after Liverpool players did to the ref what people usually complain about. When Chelsea lose & it's not down to Luiz they even try to pin point other isolated odd mistakes as if to say the best defenders never make mistakes.

One highlight doesn't erase all of the good stuff he has does.
The most we have conceded this season was against Arsenal 5 goals, if we had a clean sheet in that game we'd be joint in conceding the least amount of goals this season.
Luiz did not play that game, I still believe we'd have been so much more better off had he played.

I hope he doesn't do any of his negative stuff today, so ppl can highlight the positive more

3rd December '11, 01:47 PM
Now rep is gone niggas ain't fucking with the sports room??

:laugh::dead:

COME ON NEWCASTLE!!

Except Zoffie... lool... will read that post now tbh...

Julio Cesar
3rd December '11, 01:48 PM
Inshallah the Chelsea fans are sent home miserable

Hij
3rd December '11, 01:49 PM
I'm here 187 lol

kilik
3rd December '11, 01:49 PM
hoping for a draw

Hij
3rd December '11, 01:51 PM
Chelsea will win but will be jokes if they don't

Hij
3rd December '11, 01:52 PM
That's a fucking res

kilik
that should of been a red.

luiz is a liability

Hij
Fucking red all day long

3rd December '11, 01:54 PM
Luiz >>>

Zoffie

Chelsea will win but will be jokes if they don't
I don't think they will win tbh... Inshallah it will be a score draw...

Julio Cesar
3rd December '11, 01:57 PM
Looool Luiz is such a liability. Should have had a red and tried to dribble around their.striker when he was under pressure.

Hij
3rd December '11, 01:58 PM
I hate refs who pretend this rule doesn't exist into first few minutes like when we played Sunderland first day of the season.

Julio Cesar
3rd December '11, 02:01 PM
Newcastle paying tribute to gary speed during their match, great to see.

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:01 PM
Knew Chelsea would win

Julio Cesar
3rd December '11, 02:02 PM
Fuck sake penalty to chelsea.

Ftfdhfgihsrea

Tim krul you fuckin legend

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:02 PM
I was gonna put Krul in my team the joker

Julio Cesar
3rd December '11, 02:12 PM
How many chances does sturridge want?

Great effort from ba

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:13 PM
Ba,s shot was amazic

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:13 PM
Chelsea look more resilient but they should be on ten men

The Don
3rd December '11, 02:15 PM
romeu hasn't had a bad game yet

inb4barcabuyhimbackinthesummer

Julio Cesar
3rd December '11, 02:16 PM
Perch on for Coloccini

The Don
glad coloccini's off, sturridge should have a slightly easier job fabio had him sussed

Hij
Lol here we go Newcastle deffo gonna lose lol

3rd December '11, 02:17 PM
Perch on for Coloccini

Lol here we go Newcastle deffo gonna lose lol

FFS

inb4perchplayslikeagforthefirsttimelol

The Don
3rd December '11, 02:17 PM
mata >>>>>

Julio Cesar
3rd December '11, 02:19 PM
Lol at chelsea fans singing its so quiet. Thick cunts. Fuck this im going qpr hopefully ill catch the second half of this somewhere.

The Don
3rd December '11, 02:20 PM
really need to put a chance away before half-time or watch the players get tense

if we even get another one ffs, newcastle having the better of the game now

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:24 PM
glad coloccini's off, sturridge should have a slightly easier job fabio had him sussed

He went in on goal 4 times lol

The Don
3rd December '11, 02:26 PM
Fucking gassed i dont care if it was our throw we need to win gwarn didier

edit; it was, again, mata >>>

L.E.V
3rd December '11, 02:26 PM
Mata is just fucking sick

The Don
3rd December '11, 02:28 PM
He went in on goal 4 times lol

caught the stream late just saw him not allowed to come inside twice and not able to do shit

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:28 PM
SMH ref is a joke needs to be taken into the Newcastle dressing room at half time and stomped on

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:29 PM
Lol at any further Sturridge and Van Persie comparisons

The Don
3rd December '11, 02:37 PM
gotta go work which is peak cos this could turn into a very good game

romeu and ramires today (despite occasional flashes of his mental retardation) >>>

wud
3rd December '11, 02:38 PM
ref needs a good fucking kicking in

Hij
3rd December '11, 02:43 PM
It should have been a purple card. An absolute undeniable red card

Scrappy123
3rd December '11, 02:49 PM
Chelsea wont be bitching about this ref after the game:dozey:

wud
3rd December '11, 02:51 PM
if luiz came off, alex would've went on for sturridge to complete the back 4 ffs

if we don't even get a point <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Shower Posse
3rd December '11, 02:59 PM
whats the score?

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:04 PM
0-1

Scrappy123
3rd December '11, 03:07 PM
Ameobi is so frustrating

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:08 PM
Ameobi is so frustrating

Lol co sign

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:10 PM
Line is a lot further back today and chelsea look a lot more solid

Shower Posse
3rd December '11, 03:11 PM
I see nuff losers in this thread

Glad I missed out on this

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:21 PM
Off the line

There are two ameobis on now

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:28 PM
Ameobi hits the bar

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:29 PM
Shola hits the bar sorry

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:30 PM
Sturridge misses what must be his tenth one on one lol

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:31 PM
Newcastle doing their best to get as close to scoring without scoring

wud
3rd December '11, 03:33 PM
cant watch this anymore

danny guthrie is the most negative, laziest player ive ever seen. why the fuck is obertan having to backtrack instead of you

we miss tiote so much

Newcastle doing their best to get as close to scoring without scoring

Newcastle the new liverpool??

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:34 PM
Hahaha now you know how it feels :laugh:

wud
3rd December '11, 03:36 PM
KALOU?!

what the fuck

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:36 PM
Lmao at least it wasn't the rent boy

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:39 PM
Lol at anyone other than Tim Krul being man of the match

Wumbologist
3rd December '11, 03:42 PM
boo fuck chelsea dickboyz

iKlozzle
3rd December '11, 03:44 PM
Lol at anyone other than Tim Krul being man of the match

Tim Krul > Reina

Come at me bro

wud
3rd December '11, 03:47 PM
robbed by that luiz decision. Chelsea would've lost all their momentum.

Hutch
3rd December '11, 03:52 PM
Pleased with us today apart from the amount of chances we missed, Sturridge had so many 1 on 1's but glad he scored in the end. Looks like AvB has finally realised the high line doesn't work for us.

Krul was good today but our finishing was shocking tbf, Mata deserved the MOTM.

Only me and chris89 backed the Chelsea win lulul. I finally won from betting on us :-D

*checks invisible rep* :disappointed:

Hij
3rd December '11, 03:58 PM
Tim Krul > Reina

Come at me bro

Both > The GAY

3rd December '11, 03:59 PM
Tim Krul > Reina

Come at me bro

Both > The GAY
Chez >>> Them 3

Hutch
3rd December '11, 04:02 PM
bigdon can this be paid out please?

iKlozzle
3rd December '11, 04:07 PM
CiVqWdhr98s

Hij

Hij
3rd December '11, 04:10 PM
CiVqWdhr98s

Hij

Not watching lol

chris89
3rd December '11, 04:47 PM
Inshallah the Chelsea fans are sent home miserable

Should see the smile on my face mate

Wut lol, he was run ragged until he went off

chris89
3rd December '11, 05:42 PM
I need to see this 'red card' cos no fuss was made in the ground.

Xtra P
3rd December '11, 07:34 PM

Hutch
3rd December '11, 09:18 PM
I need to see this 'red card' cos no fuss was made in the ground.

tbh if it happened against us I'd be mad he wasn't sent off, Ba was probably gonna reach the ball before Cech. But we've had everything against us recently so I couldn't care less.

We've got City next week :sad:

If we win it could turn the season around tho, City might have a bad run.

chris89
3rd December '11, 11:08 PM
I think I know what incident the red card should have been given in, but we were high up in the Gods so couldn't see anything tbh, will watch on MOTD, but like I said no fuss was made by the Newcastle fans at the time I don't think, then again then didn't make any noise all game.

Hutch

chris89
3rd December '11, 11:38 PM
Just saw it, different incident to what I was thinkin, definite red but still doesn't balance out the midweek reffing travesty

Xtra P
4th December '11, 12:25 AM
Chelsea will beat City, quote me.

Julio Cesar
4th December '11, 12:28 AM
Chelsea will beat City, quote me.

Can you stop this please you're making chelsea win :laugh:

Xtra P
4th December '11, 12:31 AM
Can you stop this please you're making chelsea win :laugh:

lol

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7565/negrodamus.jpg

NSF
4th December '11, 01:02 AM
Watching MOTD now, ive thought it before but Sturridge is way too greedy. I dont know if he's always trying to make a point but i bet its fucking annoying being a striker and having to play alongside him.

Hutch
4th December '11, 01:53 AM
Watching MOTD now, ive thought it before but Sturridge is way too greedy. I dont know if he's always trying to make a point but i bet its fucking annoying being a striker and having to play alongside him.

But he's also our top goalscorer for the season, he passes or crosses when other players are in a better position (most of the time) but I'm glad he's got that greedy side. Torres has been doing the complete opposite and trying to pass when he could shoot and look where it's got him :laugh:

He was a bit more greedy today tbh but it looked a lot worse because of the amount of chances he missed imo. He done Ryan Taylor on so many different occasions tho, on another day he could have easily bagged a hat trick.

Zoffie
4th December '11, 08:57 AM

He is a striker, I love that about Sturridge, he's had tonnes of complaints about this from when he was young.
In the Premier League Sturridge has scored 7 goals in 10 games, most of the games he didn't score in he was taken off.

When Torres passes the ball rather than shoots, people say

"A confident striker would have gone it alone"

A part from that, you then look at Sturridge's assists, he sets up a great amount of goals for a greedy player.
I particularly hate, when players pass, pass, pass. Chelsea have been so tame at times, passing until the perfect opportunity comes to shoot. Sturridge will just do a snapshot out of no where & it has got us GOALS.

The reason why Sturridge scores so many is because he tries, tries & tries again.

I had some Chelsea fans in some games calling for Sturridge to come off, because he had a few chances & didn't bury.
Their logic.. Take off Sturridge who is getting in front of the keeper & keep on strikers who aren't in the action at all.

What you have to love about Sturridge, is most of the chances he gets, he creates them himself.
Just looking At Drogba, Anelka & Torres, who have barely scored over 5 goals each in this whole calendar year, they need to be served more, whereas Sturridge creates chances.

You always here people say about some strikers "I wish he was a bit more greedy" Sturridge is the reason why.
He's a very confident player, who not only scores a gang of goals, but, gets a good amount of assists as well.

I wouldn't change it, about him at all.

NSF
4th December '11, 10:53 AM
I know he's a striker, what I mean is sometimes when passing is the better option he tries to get around the keeper and fails. Like I said he plays like he's got something to prove instead of just doing what's best at the given time. I'm not saying he's shit he is a good player but like I said watching the Newcastle game there was a few times when he could've passed to Drogba or someone else to tap in he tried to dummy the keeper or defender and ended up losing possession.

Pirate
4th December '11, 11:52 PM
absolute fucking joke

YesStillMad

The Don
5th December '11, 12:46 AM
yh i'd say sturridge's main frustrating attribute is his selfishness tbh, but still, noone can chat to him right now, player of pre-season, player of the season - and it's not like he never passes; he delivers some impressive final balls from the right

and i'm happs for him after the two years he's had to watch kalou play instead of him

Big 45
5th December '11, 02:43 AM
Mike Dean is a terrible ref.

Hij
5th December '11, 02:48 AM
Glad to see the Sturridge wanking after putting him into my team

Matt91
5th December '11, 02:54 AM
Glad to see the Sturridge wanking after putting him into my team

pause

Hutch
5th December '11, 04:10 AM
Mike Dean is a terrible ref.

He seems like a cunt as well, always has that stuck up arrogant look on his face when he gives yellows or red cards or speaks to the players.

quality
5th December '11, 11:28 AM
David Luiz must have missed that bit when you're 8 years old and the coach tells you what goal side is.

Seems to have all the technique and physical attributes needed, but (to use a cliche) absolutely no "football brain" whatsoever.

Hij
5th December '11, 11:37 AM
pause

Don't worry I can't see any actual wanking, but glad to know its taking place - reinforces my decision to put him in. I think he's an absolute steal for roughly the same price as someone like John Terry - and allowed me to upgrade my midfield.

All my players are now from the top 7 clubs.

David Luiz must have missed that bit when you're 8 years old and the coach tells you what goal side is.

Seems to have all the technique and physical attributes needed, but (to use a cliche) absolutely no "football brain" whatsoever.

Should play him just behind Torres in training and see what happens.

And I'm being serious. Isn't that what they wanted Modric for? Take it past a couple players and play it into Torres?

Julio Cesar
5th December '11, 11:40 AM
Im still not convinced by sturridge. I think he'll end up as a mid table player, Welbeck aswell possibly.

quality
5th December '11, 11:46 AM
And I'm being serious. Isn't that what they wanted Modric for? Take it past a couple players and play it into Torres?

Don't know why they loaned out Benayoun given how them two linked at Liverpool. He must be broken if you're just giving him to a rival team.

Hij
5th December '11, 12:29 PM
Hardly done much for arsenal so far rather than the odd cameo. Benayoun didn't always play with Torres more often it was Gerrard.

Selling him to Chelsea looks a good bit of business. How much do Benayoun, Torres and Meriles come to? 66m ? Lol

chris89
5th December '11, 01:35 PM
Hardly done much for arsenal so far rather than the odd cameo. Benayoun didn't always play with Torres more often it was Gerrard.

Selling him to Chelsea looks a good bit of business. How much do Benayoun, Torres and Meriles come to? 66m ? Lol

Newcastle could say the same to you about Carroll and Enrique while they are sitting above you in the league

Hij
5th December '11, 01:42 PM
Newcastle could say the same to you about Carroll and Enrique while they are sitting above you in the league

No, Newcastle could say the same to you.

Newcastle - get 35m cash for Carroll (and 6m for Enrique) - and then despite Mike Ashley's promises, hardly spend it.

Liverpool - Have 22 year old Carroll bought for us by Roman Abramovich with a sweetener of 15m thrown in on top to put towards Suarez. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif

Chelsea - 50m out of pocket for a striker that has scored more goals for Liverpool in 2011 than Chelsea and one that your already looking to move on. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif

It's not comparable at all mate. Infact the more I look at it the more I can't stop laughing, cheers Chels! We basically lost Torres who has gone on to nothing and ended that January with a 7m net spend on Carroll and Suarez, costing 3.5m each.http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif

quality
5th December '11, 01:47 PM
I agree with the sentiment Hij, but I don't like the idea that Carroll cost effectively nothing. It's like saying because we sold Berbatov, Pav was free. He wasn't he's a fucking waste of money/time.

Liverpool could have spent that money a number of ways, or just sat on it because Carroll hasn't really been fit since, they chose not to.

Hij
5th December '11, 02:02 PM
I agree with the sentiment Hij, but I don't like the idea that Carroll cost effectively nothing. It's like saying because we sold Berbatov, Pav was free. He wasn't he's a fucking waste of money/time. Liverpool could have spent that money a number of ways, or just sat on it because Carroll hasn't really been fit since, they chose not to.

While you are correct in what you say and its true we could have spent it differently or not at all, the fact we got 50m for an utter crock, totally saves the Carroll deal- as even accounting for it as a fuck up, we're 15m better off. As far as our finances were concerned over Jannuary 2011 - and this cannot be disputed - we lost Torres, and gained Suarez and Carroll for 7m. And to go full circle, I'd argue that Suarez was under priced.

Carroll is only 22. Anyway, that 35m is just under half the money that Chelsea gave us. My point still stands - Roman Abramovich has helped pay for the majority of our players this year - that's 31m more we had to play with, before dipping into our own funds :laugh:

And tbh, we told Chelsea we wanted 15m above whatever Carroll was worth to Newcastle. We were only going to spend 7m net on both Carroll and Suarez whatever happened. It could have been that Carroll was 15m and Torres was 30m. It was a special deadline day deal - and if it had turned out that way - our finances would still be exactly the same - but it would look better for us, and Chelsea would only have lost 30m. Llambis or whatever his name is comes out with all that "we mugged Liverpool off" stuff - and perhaps they did, but we didn't pay it, Chelsea did.

The fact of the matter is, we "splashed" 7m net money - regardless of how good Carroll turns out to be. That's the amount we ended up down. Chelsea splashed 50m net. In FFP terms, we're winning.

chris89
5th December '11, 02:21 PM
Acting like you got Torres for free and didn't pay his wages for a few seasons, you like the wage argument don't you?

Hij
5th December '11, 02:33 PM
Acting like you got Torres for free and didn't pay his wages for a few seasons, you like the wage argument don't you?

You can make that argument for any player, signed for any club ever?

How long a contract did he sign with you lads? Five and a half year deal? That's another 37,180,000 he'll be costing you unless you get rid. 87.1m :laugh:. Although to be fair, looking at other sites, they say 35m, but I'm not far out with my guesswork.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent from my original unquestionable point. We lost Torres, Merileles and Benayoun (ave. age 28.6) to Chelsea over the last couple for 66m- have they been worth anywhere near that amount?

chris89
5th December '11, 02:35 PM
No of course not, but you knew the answer to that before you asked the question.

Hij
5th December '11, 02:48 PM
We copped Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Enrique, Adam, Coates and Suarez (ave age 23.6) for a total of 44.7m after the investment from Roman Abramovich. Costing for FFP purposes a total of 6.4m each per player. Had Roman not chucked us a few mill to play with, similar deals would have cost (and you can still argue that) they cost 15m each per player - but clearly I doubt we would have signed them, or been willing to go as high without such a nice cash injection.

I'd argue further that with the age of the players we have signed, that they haven't even reached their peak yet - and we still likely have money to spend in the summer or January, seeing as most of the 44.6m was raised and spent (and were down by according to the books in summer) by saving money on players wages when we got rid of 19 players this calendar year and only signed 8- all on or around 40k.

Hopefully they continue this trend of making us more effective as a club. You might call me out for skewing figures or whatever - but its what the FFP will look at- and Chelsea can simply not continue to pump out money like 66m - and what did you spend on Luiz? Without bringing in significant return.

Infact Quality is right, had we not bought Carroll, we'd have made all those changes and wage savings and been in profit in summer despite bringing in more than double the players we sold, and them all being younger models.

quality
5th December '11, 03:00 PM
Still waiting for Daglish to out-do his best ever bit of business - selling us Ginola and replacing him with a 49 year old John Barnes.

Hij
5th December '11, 03:04 PM
Still waiting for Daglish to out-do his best ever bit of business - selling us Ginola and replacing him with a 49 year old John Barnes.

Lol what

quality
5th December '11, 03:05 PM
Lol what

Daglish didn't rate him, so he sold him on the cheap and replaced him with a rapidly expanding John Barnes.

Hij
5th December '11, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah yeah Barnes wasn't 49 though :laugh:

quality
5th December '11, 03:30 PM
Near enough.

Hij
5th December '11, 03:34 PM
Near enough.

S'alright la, we got the best from Barnsey' at ours, sound.

MoneyMan
5th December '11, 08:12 PM
No, Newcastle could say the same to you.

Newcastle - get 35m cash for Carroll (and 6m for Enrique) - and then despite Mike Ashley's promises, hardly spend it.

Liverpool - Have 22 year old Carroll bought for us by Roman Abramovich with a sweetener of 15m thrown in on top to put towards Suarez. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif

Chelsea - 50m out of pocket for a striker that has scored more goals for Liverpool in 2011 than Chelsea and one that your already looking to move on. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif

It's not comparable at all mate. Infact the more I look at it the more I can't stop laughing, cheers Chels! We basically lost Torres who has gone on to nothing and ended that January with a 7m net spend on Carroll and Suarez, costing 3.5m each.http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Smileys/default/lmao.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

5* post would rep again

Zoffie
5th December '11, 09:09 PM
I don't see why Liverpool fans are so smug about getting Andy Carroll for 15m less than Fernando Torres.

You did not have to spend that money on Andy Carroll and even if you were going to buy him you didn't have to spend 35m.
I've liked Andy Carroll as a talent for quite a long time, looking at him now compared to before, I just don't understand why he won't take this opportunity more serious. He's not useless like some people try and make him out to be he has a good cannon of a left foot & good header on him. He reminds me of Ricky Hatton with his undisciplined nature when it comes to drinking etc..
Such a shame.

Chelsea spending 50m on Torres seems to provide some sort of level of comfort for Liverpool fans, who tend to go on about net spend as well etc. Torres could very well be doomed at Chelsea under Villas Boas, as a high defensive line pushes the team forward & gives Torres less space to run into & that's not even taking into account the slow build up or Lampard/Mikel passing sideways effect.. Which slows up attacks, which is not good for Nando.

However watching the Newcastle game, what we did see, with a danger like Sturridge on the right being our most effective weapon, we're increasingly looking to get the ball forward quicker to find him & you remember the counterattacks in the game involving our fast players Ramires & Sturridge. It was great & these conditions are good for Torres & when Torres did come on, he burned their central defender & ran in behind the space, only to mess up the one on one.

Like with Torres at Liverpool when he came and was scoring for them so the team adapted to suit him, I think Sturridge's pace on the right & his goal-scoring form can inadvertently help Torres.

Confidence is key, Tiger Woods has just won his 1st tournie since 09 right? crazy.

Having Romeu & Ramires in our midfield against Newcastle I think helped, Drogba will be off to the ANC, Anelka is leaving Torres will be the main man unless we buy another striker, so if we do transition quicker & sit a bit deeper like we did at Newcastle perhaps it's the perfect scenario for a resurrection. We really need Nando to pick up for our results.

Pirate
5th December '11, 09:17 PM
Not going to lie though, if that cunt Luiz had been sent off, we probably would have won that game and would not be looking at a season without Taylor.

4 mins in, down to 10 men, AVB would certainly have made a defensive change, reducing Chelsea's attacking threat.

Also we were massively unlucky with Shola, Ba and Sammy ALL hitting the post/bar.