PDA

View Full Version : Rewind Back 20 Years.

Hij
3rd August '08, 11:37 PM
Rewind Back 20 Years. If Manchester United were 1 league title away from getting level with Liverpool on league titles won, I know that players on a lot less money, playing for pride, would bust their balls next season to try and at least challenge to keep them 2 away.

But will the current players on 40-100k a week even give a shit? Its what worries me...

I know for a fact that the normally dull atmosphere at Anfield on match days for league games (compared to cup games) will definately be better this season as we urge the players to work for every single point.

But I honestly, even with the signings can't see it happening. I'd normally start something like this on RAWK, but I wanted to see everyone elses opinion on it?

As usual, against Sunderland on the first day, it will have a cup final atmosphere, as a draw would probably have us 2 points behind from the off.

But the difference this year, is we have United very early on. 13th September is the date. I think this (with Ronaldo possibly out of the game) has the makings of an absolute classic.

13 Days, I fucking can't wait for Saturday's (and Sunday's) to have proper football back!

Opinions?

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 11:52 PM
You will still lose to us with or without Ronaldo :D

but i get what your saying ...

Olympics + Football = a great August!!!!!!

Eric Cantona
3rd August '08, 11:54 PM
Man Utd fans got the Super Cup to look forward to also.

Hij
4th August '08, 12:00 AM
You will still lose to us with or without Ronaldo :D

but i get what your saying ...

Olympics + Football = a great August!!!!!!

Babel, Mascherano and Lucas at the Olympics is a par. But Im not gonna complain Arsenal and Portsmouth had problems with the African Nations.

And we need to score against you first ;) Im just saying, there will be a European kinda atmosphere around the ground that day (well perhaps if it was a normal kick off and not 12:45pm again! lol). A win could really give us the confidence, but a loss would be so demoralising.

Man Utd fans got the Super Cup to look forward to also.

Fair enough, but Im talking about the league. Perhaps you could drop out of the FA Cup again for the World Club Championship.

Ryddel
4th August '08, 12:15 AM
i expect the premiership to be alot more tighter than usual, although spurs v chelsea could becme a pretty good game it's only in the 3rd week

Football season>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>____________>>>>>>>>>>

I expect the banter to be high both about teams and fantasy prem league.

Eric Cantona
4th August '08, 12:19 AM
Sports section going to be sick when season starts

EDIT: Oh yeh i'm so glad they revamped that World Club thing, when we dropped out of FA Cup for that it was well shit

Pristine Condition
4th August '08, 01:02 AM
Babel, Mascherano and Lucas at the Olympics is a par. But Im not gonna complain Arsenal and Portsmouth had problems with the African Nations.

And we need to score against you first ;) Im just saying, there will be a European kinda atmosphere around the ground that day (well perhaps if it was a normal kick off and not 12:45pm again! lol). A win could really give us the confidence, but a loss would be so demoralising.

It is a 12.45pm kick off!!! :laugh:

http://www.skysports.com/calendar/football/0,,11065_25_1_2008-09-13_2008-09-13_day,00.html

Easy three points. :D

We will be missing Anderson with the Olympics also.

Hij
4th August '08, 01:13 AM
Its always a 12:45pm kick off ;)