PDA

View Full Version : After watching the Arsenal match today...

Xtra P
2nd August '08, 07:52 PM
Jack wilshire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>___________________*

That is all.

NaiJaBoY
2nd August '08, 08:58 PM
U late

I am being saying this since i saw him play against westham in the reserves

I was told to watch the match bcos of him, and he sure didnt dissapoint

He has only played 2 reserve games since he got promoted from the U-18's academy

Now he is on the verge of the first team

He has being at arsenal since he was 6

JACK
2nd August '08, 09:05 PM
he made 2 good appearances and - youre claiming hes badboy

JACK
2nd August '08, 09:06 PM
good prospect obv but allow the first team talk.

walcott is nearly there/not even there and the hype has been around since fuck knows how long.

Xtra P
2nd August '08, 09:09 PM
U late

I am being saying this since i saw him play against westham in the reserves

I was told to watch the match bcos of him, and he sure didnt dissapoint

He has only played 2 reserve games since he got promoted from the U-18's academy

He has being at arsenal since he was 6

Not late, I knew he was good but I never had the opportunity to see him play before today, I havn't subscribed to Arsenal TV as I assume you have nephew so fall back!

Grimes
2nd August '08, 09:15 PM
swag, decent player at best. even if he is good expect to see him play for tottenham in 5 years

Xtra P
2nd August '08, 09:18 PM
swag, decent player at best. even if he is good expect to see him play for tottenham in 5 years

Nah he's sick still, one for the future!

NaiJaBoY
2nd August '08, 09:34 PM
Not late, I knew he was good but I never had the opportunity to see him play before today, I havn't subscribed to Arsenal TV as I assume you have nephew so fall back!

calm down bro

NaiJaBoY
2nd August '08, 09:36 PM

lool yup Spurs is arsenal's dumpin ground

U guys can replace Berb with Jeffers or Owusu

Xtra P
2nd August '08, 09:37 PM
calm down bro

Cool as a cucumber pimpin

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 12:31 AM
lool yup Spurs is arsenal's dumpin ground

U guys can replace Berb with Jeffers or Owusu

LOL@that oh no you dumped o'hara smh he aint shit but not great he's decent back up

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 01:36 AM
After watching the Arsenal match today, i'm pretty sure, Arsenal will not win any trophies again, this season.

They have no firepower, if Ade has a bad game, they are fucked!!!!

Van persie = good, but unreliable with all the injuries and that

Edurado = We will not see the best of him until next season!!

Walcott = still has ALOT to learn

Hij
3rd August '08, 05:16 AM
After watching the Arsenal match today, i'm pretty sure, Arsenal will not win any trophies again, this season.

Anyone else get bored of Jeff Stelling and the others wanking off about an average age of 20.5 but yet Arsenal lost again after weaving their brilliaint triangles :laugh:

I think Arsenal could be a force in 5-6 years, but Wenger could be dead/retired by then, so whats the point?

Hij
3rd August '08, 05:17 AM
In all fairness, he was one of the better players on the park.

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't read to much into this game although I do agree that we need a bit more fire power up front & Wallcott just gets better everytime I see him play!

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 12:50 PM
Anyone else get bored of Jeff Stelling and the others wanking off about an average age of 20.5 but yet Arsenal lost again after weaving their brilliaint triangles :laugh:

I think Arsenal could be a force in 5-6 years, but Wenger could be dead/retired by then, so whats the point?

If they go 4 seasons without winning something like they have, players will leave, like they did this season.

Hij
3rd August '08, 02:36 PM
he made 2 good appearances and - youre claiming hes badboy
How did I miss this first time round :D

If they go 4 seasons without winning something like they have, players will leave, like they did this season.

I meant in 5-6 years, they will probably have paid their stadium off (or be well on the way to doing that) and some of their prospects like Ramsey will be 23, Fabregas will be something like 28? And they will be in a good position to continue to be in the top 4.

They won't have no debt, or certainly a lot less than Chelsea, Liverpool and United will have. They are in a good place long term, I just hate the 'Kids' talk when they fail to win fuck all.

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 02:46 PM
^^^True but the kids talk is mainly from pundits, we have no control over the stuff they spew!

Eric Cantona
3rd August '08, 02:47 PM
What pundits you talking about?

It's Arsenal fans who talk it.

Look at the thread were in.

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 02:49 PM

Yeah, im sayin the kid is alot which is true but im not sayin that he will lead us to the prem, champs league etc, he has a long way to go!

To quote myself..

Nah he's sick still, one for the future!

Eric Cantona
3rd August '08, 02:50 PM

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 02:54 PM

Your point being???

I think Wenger will give him a few run outs next season if he feels he's ready!

Nine Bar
3rd August '08, 03:36 PM
Id say Ramsey played much better

'nuum general
3rd August '08, 03:39 PM
lol at concluding anything of note from friendlies. We lost to non-league winterton last season

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 04:09 PM
How did I miss this first time round :D

I meant in 5-6 years, they will probably have paid their stadium off (or be well on the way to doing that) and some of their prospects like Ramsey will be 23, Fabregas will be something like 28? And they will be in a good position to continue to be in the top 4.

They won't have no debt, or certainly a lot less than Chelsea, Liverpool and United will have. They are in a good place long term, I just hate the 'Kids' talk when they fail to win fuck all.

i hear what your saying, but Fabregas will be gone in two years, if they don't win anything. imo.

^^^True but the kids talk is mainly from pundits, we have no control over the stuff they spew! .........

Win something then .....!!!!

Hij
3rd August '08, 04:26 PM
lol at concluding anything of note from friendlies. We lost to non-league winterton last season

Im not concluding nothing, Im basing it also on Gilberto, Hleb and Flamini heading for the exits and Toure out at the beginning of the season.

In all fairness, its nearly a full strength team today and you look very very good so far, allebit 4 minutes in.

Hij
3rd August '08, 04:28 PM

Jeff Stelling, Alan Smith and the other fella who does loads of Championship Games

Nine Bar
3rd August '08, 04:38 PM
yeh Jeff stelling says it alot.

Arsenal playing well first 15 mins against Madrid though, Nasri looks good.

Hij
3rd August '08, 04:41 PM
Nasri looks good.
Agree

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 04:47 PM
Good game so far...

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 04:54 PM
Adebeyor still proving that he neads 22434335,564333,675454, chances before he scores.

Hij
3rd August '08, 04:59 PM
Adebeyor still proving that he neads 22434335,564333,675454, chances before he scores.]

LMAO

you should have taken the 35 million

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 05:54 PM
Jack Wilshire on..

:alot:

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 05:55 PM
Jack Wiltshire on..

:alot:

waiting for his GCSE results. :stunned:

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 05:57 PM
waiting for his GCSE results. :stunned:

Are you watchin??

He's only been on the pitch for a few minutes & he's going on sho!!

Grimes
3rd August '08, 06:03 PM
swag

Hij
3rd August '08, 06:05 PM
For anyone whos not watching, Wilshire hasn't set up or scored a goal.

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 06:10 PM
He's alot!!

Dun kno! :D

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 06:11 PM

True but he played well when he came on!

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 06:14 PM

lool

One likkle run and he is the best.

*smh*

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 06:18 PM
lool

One likkle run and he is the best.

*smh*

Who said he was the best??

*smh*

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 06:25 PM
Who said he was the best??

*smh*

ok, my bad

One likkle run and "he's going on sho!!"

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 06:26 PM
Ummm, "going on sho" doesnt translate into he is the best player!

S.I.K. Productions
3rd August '08, 06:44 PM

hes 16 and hes playin against real madrid nd u say hes swag. unless ur alex ferguson or some big name in football u really cant say tht.

Pristine Condition
3rd August '08, 07:02 PM
Ummm, "going on sho" doesnt translate into he is the best player!

which is why i said "my bad" :dead:

Xtra P
3rd August '08, 07:05 PM
which is why i said "my bad" :dead:

I thought you was tryin to imply that it ment the same thing..

my bad :dead:

The Messiah
3rd August '08, 08:12 PM
They have no firepower, if Ade has a bad game, they are fucked!!!!

Van persie = good, but unreliable with all the injuries and that

Edurado = We will not see the best of him until next season!!

Just got back from Emirates. This comment actually made me laugh out loud.

Everyone knows Adebayor needs a ton of chances before he scores. [Didn't take him long to win over the crowd today, were a few boos for him when he started, none when he went off.] That said, I expect Van Persie to be our top scorer this season as most Arsenal fans expected at the beginning of last season. We were beginning to see the best of Eduardo before his leg snapped in half. Good to see him today though. Walcott looked very good today in my opinion. If Arsenal are going to win anything this season he needs to step up. He's showing signs that he can.

They won't have no debt, or certainly a lot less than Chelsea, Liverpool and United will have. They are in a good place long term.
Nail

I just hate the 'Kids' talk when they fail to win fuck all.
Why? Because Liverpool don't have that excuse? :P

Our team isn't as young as the media make it out to be. But compared to United and Chelsea's average squad ages of 28, it is.

Hij
3rd August '08, 08:15 PM
Why? Because Liverpool don't have that excuse? :P

Our team isn't as young as the media make it out to be. But compared to United and Chelsea's average squad ages of 28, it is.

Perhaps. In some ways, if Im honest, its jealousy. Although I am happy with what Benitez is building in terms of talent at the youth level- it takes time though. Pacheo looks like he'll be immense in a couple of years and a few others are shining through, but it takes time to build up the youth.

If Arsenal can get Eduardo, Adeybayor and Van Persie fit at the same time and either promote a youngster or purchase a player in the 'Flamini/Roy Keane/Mascherano/Ray Parlour' mould, they'll be a force this season.

Im saying nothing about Liverpool winning the league, I wanna just support each game and see where we are after Christmas.

The Roy Keane and Barry signings do suggest Rafa is 'going for it' this season. While previously he has signed Srktel, Agger, Reina, Mascherano, Torres, Babel and Lucas are all players who have 7-8 years left in them, Keane and Barry are 28 and obviously its time to sign established players and push on.

13 days!!

The Messiah
3rd August '08, 08:26 PM
Perhaps. In some ways, if Im honest, its jealousy. Although I am happy with what Benitez is building in terms of talent at the youth level- it takes time though. Pacheo looks like he'll be immense in a couple of years and a few others are shining through, but it takes time to build up the youth.

If Arsenal can get Eduardo, Adeybayor and Van Persie fit at the same time and either promote a youngster or purchase a player in the 'Flamini/Roy Keane/Mascherano/Ray Parlour' mould, they'll be a force this season.

Im saying nothing about Liverpool winning the league, I wanna just support each game and see where we are after Christmas.

The Roy Keane and Barry signings do suggest Rafa is 'going for it' this season. While previously he has signed Srktel, Agger, Reina, Mascherano, Torres, Babel and Lucas are all players who have 7-8 years left in them, Keane and Barry are 28 and obviously its time to sign established players and push on.

13 days!!

Liverpool will finish above Arsenal this season unless Rafa and/or the players fuck up somehow. Like you said, Rafa has signed established players to make that push. Whether it'll get you close enough to United/Chelsea, I dunno. Definitely more than enough to get by Arsenal, assuming that Rosicky, Van Persie and Eduardo are all out for a third of the season each and Denilson doesn't step up.

I've always thought Diaby is a lazy player and nothing I saw today made me change my mind. Not a fan of him starting this season.

Hij
3rd August '08, 08:28 PM
I've always thought Diaby is a lazy player and nothing I saw today made me change my mind. Not a fan of him starting this season.Neither is my mate. Ive personally not seen enough of him to comment.

Grimes
3rd August '08, 08:28 PM
If Arsenal start their season like last time and have learnt lessons from last season. They can win the league

Nine Bar
3rd August '08, 08:31 PM
Diaby played shit 2day, everytime he was on the ball he gave it away, where does he actually play? He was alright on the left last season, scored that shower goal when he cut in from the wing, played shit 2day though.

Hij
3rd August '08, 08:31 PM
If Arsenal start their season like last time and have learnt lessons from last season. They can win the league
Agree.
I refuse to rule them out, Ive had egg on my face too many times.

The Messiah
3rd August '08, 08:33 PM
Neither is my mate. Ive personally not seen enough of him to comment.

I was so nervous with him playing against Milan on the left last season. He had a fantastic game - easily his best of the season and scored against you guys in the CL as well. He seems to do okay in the CL when he gets a bit more time. But in November when it's raining in Hull, he won't get that time. Song >>> Diaby

Diaby played shit 2day, everytime he was on the ball he gave it away, where does he actually play? He was alright on the left last season, scored that shower goal when he cut in from the wing, played shit 2day though.

He's a central midfielder. We played him on the left last season to strengthen his left foot, as he was and still kinda is, very right footed.

Xtra P
4th August '08, 04:20 PM
Anyway back to what this thread was originally about....

Xtra P
4th August '08, 04:22 PM

It seems NaiJaBoY wassn't as far of the mark as you suggested Al

Wilshere joins first team squad

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/wilshere-joins-first-team-squad-his-arsenal-career-so-far/

RIP Jakey
4th August '08, 04:27 PM
I've always thought Diaby is a lazy player and nothing I saw today made me change my mind. Not a fan of him starting this season.

I don't like him either, he always wants to much time on the ball which results in problems.

Xtra P
4th August '08, 04:34 PM
^^Which is why he's best suited for european games.

RIP Jakey
4th August '08, 04:40 PM
^^Which is why he's best suited for european games.

yeah, I can see him going to spain to italy if he doesn't improve on that element of his game.

RIP Jakey
4th August '08, 04:44 PM
It seems NaiJaBoY wassn't as far of the mark as you suggested Al

Wilshere joins first team squad

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/wilshere-joins-first-team-squad-his-arsenal-career-so-far/

Him being given the number 19 tells me he'll be invoved with the 1st team this year, Wenger isn't one for giving out the lower nubers if they aren't gonna be used.

NaiJaBoY
4th August '08, 05:18 PM
Talk about coming UP

watch arsene's face in this reserve game after the curler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITVSdAzBjXY

RIP Jakey
4th August '08, 05:22 PM
looked good there

'nuum general
4th August '08, 05:23 PM
I swear you gunners fans hype up your youngsters ridiculously

Xtra P
4th August '08, 05:27 PM

Only if there good bruh!

RIP Jakey
4th August '08, 05:33 PM

What about all that hype for that Richard Webster guy?:stunned: Even Hij was on it :D

NaiJaBoY
4th August '08, 05:38 PM
we got jay simpson, gibbs, traore, Conquelin(lol), Merida

this will make the club good money someday, ala bentley, stokes(loooooooooooooooool)

Grimes
4th August '08, 05:53 PM
all future westham players

The Messiah
4th August '08, 06:05 PM
all future westham players

Nottingham Forest is that team.

I haven't seen enough of Wilshere to make a comment about him. All that I know is that he doesn't mind a tackle. The way he clattered some Real Madrid player yesterday was funny.

Anyway, Arsenal youngsters are hyped because they normally turn out "okay" at the very least. Cuntley Cole, Upson, Bentley, Aliadiere et al. are all doing alright atm.

Hij
4th August '08, 06:11 PM
What about all that hype for that Richard Webster guy?:stunned: Even Hij was on it :D
Hahaha that brought entertainment to an otherwise boring day.

Might have to fish it out again.