PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager Stories

Hij
1st August '08, 07:34 PM
Just quick stories about like which team you managed (without cheating) and how it went.

I've done Man City on the network game on here, and then when it flopped started my own game up for them and they are ridiculously easy. Corluka, Elano, Caicedo are either excellent or go onto be excellent and you start with a stupid amount of money.

Sometime over the weekend I'll have completed my 3rd season with Tottenham and unless I get lucky in the cups, Im doubtful to have done much this season either.

What about you people.

Famous?
1st August '08, 07:47 PM
Winning the league with Leeds 2 seasons in a row, with the 15 point deduction as well...Pablo Piatti was a badman both seasons!

RIP Jakey
1st August '08, 08:02 PM
Just quick stories about like which team you managed (without cheating) and how it went.

I've done Man City on the network game on here, and then when it flopped started my own game up for them and they are ridiculously easy. Corluka, Elano, Caicedo are either excellent or go onto be excellent and you start with a stupid amount of money.

Sometime over the weekend I'll have completed my 3rd season with Tottenham and unless I get lucky in the cups, Im doubtful to have done much this season either.

What about you people.

I'm them right now, they've got good players wanting to come as soon as you start. Makoun, Guillherme & Lucho Gonzalez first signings.

On one of the old 1s I made Everton the best team in Europe, Alan Shearer>>>>>>>>>>

'nuum general
1st August '08, 08:12 PM
greatest ever was winning the chapions league two years in a row wit hull city (FM2006 i think)

Nine Bar
1st August '08, 08:26 PM
Jermaine Dofoe on that game is mental

Pristine Condition
1st August '08, 08:31 PM
Best Experience

I was West Ham on 03/04 version, came 1st in the Championship, Won the league cup

2nd season, came 7th in the P/L. Semi Final of the FA & League Cup (buying Dean Ashton when he was 19 >>> __, he was 2 good)

3rd season, came 2nd (lost out by 2points, losing on the last day of the season, was a killa) :angry: Group Stages of the Uefa Cup. PAR!!!! Won the FA Cup, Quarter Finals of the League Cup

4th season came 1st, Semi - final of CL, Runners up FA cup, got knocked out the league cup by Sheffield Wed in the 4th Round. :angry:

Then got bored. lol

Famous?
1st August '08, 09:15 PM
My newcastle career..first season 2nd, next season won everything, next season won everything...next season did the treble, with an UNBEATEN SEASON but i lost in the Carling cup final to Man Utd after 5-5 in normal & extra time on penalties...

Alfie
1st August '08, 09:42 PM
Mine: Game wouldn't install. Gave up.

Nine Bar
1st August '08, 09:52 PM
lmao, same with mine but i brought it on 360 a lil time after, its not the same tho

Grimes
1st August '08, 10:06 PM
I won the champions league consecutively for 3 seasons in a row

The Messiah
2nd August '08, 06:30 PM
Doing a hench game atm. Took control of Arsenal.

1. Did the double in the first season. Lost in CL final.
2. Did the Premiership and CL double next season. Lost League and FA Cup finals.
3. Quadruple. Was hired as Argentina Manager.
4. Won every single competition (Charity Shield, Super Cup & World Club Championship) and went unbeaten in all competitions with Arsenal. Won Copa America with Argentina. Retired as Arsenal Manager.
5. Won Olympics with Argentina Under 23s
6. No competitions to speak of. Rejected job offers from Liverpool and Man City.
7. Won World Cup with Argentina. Retired as Argentina manager was offered Chelsea, France and Italy jobs. Accepted Chelsea and France.

Currently in pre-season building the Cheslea's team. Only got 30m to spend. I've built a dynasty at Arsenal. I was tight with money and wages and was still able to sign World Class players. e.g. Akinfeev 6m. Quaresma 15m. Joe Cole 10m. Michael Johnson 13m. Aguero 22m. Kaka 20m. Vela, Walcott, Toure, Adebayor, Fabregas, Garay, Van Persie, Eduardo are still there fucking up the scene. The team manages itself, and one of the backroom staff took over when I left and has been winning the league quite easily in my absence. I'm never going to get re-offered the job whilst they are still winning that's why I accepted the Chelsea job. France are ranked second in the world, with an average squad age of 24. Argentina were an ageing team and I want to win the the European Championship as well as the World Cup again.

There's no way I'm going to win the league this season from Arsenal, but I think Chelsea have the tools to de-throne them. I'm hoping to build another dynasty with Chelsea.

Eric Cantona
2nd August '08, 06:32 PM
What year you in Messiah?

The Messiah
2nd August '08, 06:33 PM
What year you in Messiah?

Pre season of 2014/2015

Eric Cantona
2nd August '08, 06:36 PM
I only got as far as 2012 before and i got really bored, didn't play FM for another 2 weeks or so after it as well.

Nice bit of business getting Kaka for 20 quid by the way :D

The Messiah
2nd August '08, 06:41 PM
I only got as far as 2012 before and i got really bored, didn't play FM for another 2 weeks or so after it as well.

That was the season after I retired as Arsenal manager. It was getting waaaay too easy. I had to change formation from 4-4-2 to 3-4-2-1 that season to accommodate all the Attacking Midfielders and central defenders I had. Won 33 games drew the rest and conceded 7 goals all season. Broke records left right and centre.

Change to a different team. Re-build there. It think that's a good way of finding out how good you really are.

Hij
2nd August '08, 06:52 PM
Ok this is sick!!!!!!

First season as Tottenham (playing fairly, no cheats)

1st Season - 5th Place 69 points in the league. No trophies. Out in 1st Knock Out of Uefa
2nd Season - 6th Place 64 points in the league. No trophies. Out in 2nd Knock Out of Uefa
3rd Season- 7th Place 61 points in the league. No trophies. Out in 2nd Knock Out Round of Uefa.

Now.... My 4th season. 3 points behind Liverpool, travelling to New Anfield. A win would put me on the same points as Liverpool with a vastly superior goal difference. Lassana Diarra pops up in the 24th minute with a 20 yard screamer. Clean sheet.

I've won the League Cup which went down well. Semi Finals of the FA Cup and now I have 2 games to play. A win in the last game of the season will see us finish 4th and finally break the top 4. A win in the other game would be a Uefa Cup victory.

Ill report back in 10 minutes. As long as I win one of the next 2, Ill be happy, and finally have done something.

Grimes
2nd August '08, 06:56 PM
football manager is too easy

Hij
2nd August '08, 06:59 PM
Brilliant.

Three teams end up on 71 points, but Tottenham get Champions League with 4th place finish!

Hij
2nd August '08, 07:00 PM
football manager is too easy

Took me 4 seasons to get 4th place and even then there was 3 teams on the same points.

I find it challenging, but doable.... which is what a game should be like.

'nuum general
2nd August '08, 07:00 PM
for me arsenal are an easy tema to manage. I've failed to go a season without a trophy despite selling diaby (25m), Walcott (15m), Vela (35m), Denilson (25m). Still gunning for the elusive champions league in my 4th season

Hij
2nd August '08, 07:02 PM
for me arsenal are an easy tema to manage. I've failed to go a season without a trophy despite selling diaby (25m), Walcott (15m), Vela (35m), Denilson (25m). Still gunning for the elusive champions league in my 4th season

If you manage
Portsmouth, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man United or Liverpool its boring IMO.

Eric Cantona
2nd August '08, 07:03 PM
Arsenal are the best on Football Manager for me also, FM is all about young players and they have the best bunch.

Quality Control
2nd August '08, 07:05 PM
the urge to cheat is always too much

Hij
2nd August '08, 07:06 PM
Lost to Chelsea the cunts.

Oh well, should have some funds and more players to sign finally this year.

Pristine Condition
2nd August '08, 07:08 PM
If you manage
Portsmouth, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man United or Liverpool its boring IMO.

Portsmouth, hmmm, i have never managed them

*loads up FM*

The Messiah
2nd August '08, 07:13 PM

Why would you sell Vela?!

He's one of the most serious players on the game. Loan him around for 3 years then play him and watch him become nang.

Hij
2nd August '08, 07:18 PM
Portsmouth, hmmm, i have never managed them

*loads up FM*

For some reason, whenever I play, they become insanely rich.

Grimes
2nd August '08, 07:24 PM
i got ebbfleets into league 2

The Messiah
2nd August '08, 08:08 PM

Reading are that team on my game. They begin to get Champions League after a while.

Pristine Condition
2nd August '08, 09:12 PM

how long, do you have to wait. :D

Famous?
3rd August '08, 12:15 AM
Lol selling Vela n Denilson, 2 wonderkids lol...oh and in my newcastle career i won the world cup with Czech Republic...

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 12:22 AM
wining the treble in my third season with spurs no cheats.

dont play ti no more unless worse comes to worse and i get bare bored.

T'was me (spurs) Vs. arsenal for the title they were constantly my main challengers went narrow won the league cup against arsenal 2-1 i think done them in the league 2nd to last game and beat them in fa cup 4-3 they did win champs league that year but next season i won it :D beating Inter milan 6-0 on the way Asamoah Gyan getting 6 also snapped Adriano up on a free tbh i duppied had the best youth as well and i might install it again it's good when your not playiong competitive cos you don't have the pressure of having to win against man utd, chelsea, arsenal & liverpool every season with out fail :(

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 12:25 AM

Big error my friend, with portsmouth on the new patch they get 1m everytime Jermain Defoe plays or what ever instead of 1m for 40 apps or 100k for each app check the official forums it was a major bug though lol.

just thought i'd dampen your "achievement" :D

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 12:28 AM
Vela, Matias Fernandez, Marko Marin, Sergio something plays for sao paulo 17@start of game is immensley good later on as is Gareth Bale my 35m LB not many can brag about that also i lol'd@the fact that Man utd don't play Ronaldo even with 7 subs he aint on bench this in 2011/12 possibly it's some dutch bloke one who managed Valencia but got sacked IRL i think

Hij
3rd August '08, 05:18 AM
Big error my friend, with portsmouth on the new patch they get 1m everytime Jermain Defoe plays or what ever instead of 1m for 40 apps or 100k for each app check the official forums it was a major bug though lol.

just thought i'd dampen your "achievement" :D

I have never played as Portsmouth, Im just saying that they become insanely rich.

I've played as Blackburn, Tottenham and Man City.

Hij
3rd August '08, 05:19 AM
wining the treble in my third season with spurs no cheats.
How?

How did you stretch your transfer budget so well

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 03:35 PM
Sold keane and berbatov right at the start as i find them shit on the game, brought in Matias Fernandez for 14m and Rafael van de Vaart for near enough the same, plus spurs start off with some fairly decent players that can be sold for a lot.

when i start with them as i always do :D i basically sign a whole new team get rid of all the deadwood loan out players like huddlestone raise his value and bring in ever banega i could post up screenshots of some shit if you wanted it's nothing long really and it was either 3rd or 4th season i won treble, just buy young players and sell them for bare you can get lots in first season for spurs players i keep darren bent as i like fast pacey strikers, keep lennon and bale sell zokora,jenas,dawson,tainio,chimbonda it's just about going through forums and seeing what players are good and cheap plus i play with brazilian and argentinia leagues as well.

Eric Cantona
3rd August '08, 03:40 PM
I'm starting a new online game soon, The top 4 (Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea)

'nuum general
3rd August '08, 03:41 PM
Why would you sell Vela?!

He's one of the most serious players on the game. Loan him around for 3 years then play him and watch him become nang.

I've got Van Persie, Adebayor, Bedtner & was getting adriano on a free. He was 5th choice plus was at near his full potential. I sold denilson as i was getting camacho on a free & had the likes of fabregas, merida, rosicky, bodmer, flamini & poulson so he wasn't really needed

Hij
3rd August '08, 04:29 PM
it's just about going through forums and seeing what players are good and cheap plus i play with brazilian and argentinia leagues as well.

LOL.

So you don't scout the players yourself? That's cheating IMO.

Grimes
3rd August '08, 04:32 PM
has anyone tried to MLS yet?

Hij
3rd August '08, 04:42 PM
has anyone tried to MLS yet?
Nah. Im gonna do 4-5 more seasons with Tottenham or another team if I get any offers (Israel offered me? LOL fuck off).

Thats gonna be my next challenge I think.

Famous?
3rd August '08, 04:56 PM
^^I did, won first 10 games as LA Galaxy and thought it was getting boring lol...bare regulations in their league tho...

Hij
3rd August '08, 04:58 PM
^^I did, won first 10 games as LA Galaxy and thought it was getting boring lol...bare regulations in their league tho...
Yeah I was thinking I'd rather go to a team that I could play in Champions League with, maybe a Russian team or a second division Spanish one.

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 07:49 PM
LOL.

So you don't scout the players yourself? That's cheating IMO.

i obviously send scouts out but if theres a player that gets a lot of talk about them ill scout them more and if i can be bothered go and watch some of their games to see if their good

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 07:50 PM
i always get the shitty intl jobs offered, Egypt & Switzerland got rejected by France but got the Spain job :D im gonna load it back up now this is gettin me in the mood

Hij
3rd August '08, 08:06 PM
i obviously send scouts out but if theres a player that gets a lot of talk about them ill scout them more and if i can be bothered go and watch some of their games to see if their goodI know what you mean and I used to do this alot. But its more satisfying if you send your scouts all over the world and find a gem for 560k that is worth 20m in 5 years time, is all.

The Messiah
3rd August '08, 08:15 PM
I know what you mean and I used to do this alot. But its more satisfying if you send your scouts all over the world and find a gem for 560k that is worth 20m in 5 years time, is all.

Is it just me or do scouts take a fucking age to cover Africa and Asia. I can send a scout off to West Africa and I won't hear from them for a year, whilst South America only takes a couple of months.

Hij
3rd August '08, 08:18 PM
Is it just me or do scouts take a fucking age to cover Africa and Asia. I can send a scout off to West Africa and I won't hear from them for a year, whilst South America only takes a couple of months.
Lmao yeah.

I just set them to go everywhere over the season and wait for the reports.

Finally worked out how to set up the coaching now so my youngsters are improving much faster. E.G If a guy is shit at Defence coaching, make sure hes not doing that, so hes more effective at what he is good at.

Grimes
3rd August '08, 08:21 PM
LOL. i make sure all my coachs have a couple 20's

Hij
3rd August '08, 08:29 PM
LOL. i make sure all my coachs have a couple 20's

Sign 9 coaches, each with a 20 rating on the required attribute

7 star coach set u p

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 10:22 PM
7* on all training for me

yeah it takes looong time for african and asian searches don't even bother doing caribbean it's long takes a season and you lose most of the scout info from the first countries a tip i found out from FM07 i do like getting them good youngsters though i don't really buy big name players just buy bare youths and maybe one big signing in summer t'fer window

Hij
3rd August '08, 10:32 PM
7* on all training for me

yeah it takes looong time for african and asian searches don't even bother doing caribbean it's long takes a season and you lose most of the scout info from the first countries a tip i found out from FM07 i do like getting them good youngsters though i don't really buy big name players just buy bare youths and maybe one big signing in summer t'fer window
Ive finally got a good team that is 25-26 average age, so I can afford to bring in one big name a season.

So im gonna try signing 20-30 prospects and see what they are saying in 2-3 seasons.

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 11:03 PM
even if they are shit you will still get decent money i manage to shift some swag player to oldham for 1m even though i lost 2m profit on him he was swagtastic but still they were in league 1 or just send them out to feeder clubs best is probably the work permit clubs as im sure everyone gets a game there, anyone seen Cassio i signed him from psv for 12m he didnt even get a work permit his stats are too much though was kinda gutted.

Anyone use attribute masking? it's a good idea but i really cba with it, t'is realistic though just their so you have to use scouts tbh.

Hij
3rd August '08, 11:12 PM
even if they are shit you will still get decent money i manage to shift some swag player to oldham for 1m even though i lost 2m profit on him he was swagtastic but still they were in league 1 or just send them out to feeder clubs best is probably the work permit clubs as im sure everyone gets a game there, anyone seen Cassio i signed him from psv for 12m he didnt even get a work permit his stats are too much though was kinda gutted.

Anyone use attribute masking? it's a good idea but i really cba with it, t'is realistic though just their so you have to use scouts tbh.
I use it.

BTW how do you sign someone who needs a work permit?

I try to get one, then appeal

how do you send them to a feeder club to get the permit?

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 11:36 PM
well u gotta apply for one of the work permit feeder clubs normally in belgium, poland & spain once you got one of them make sure it is a professional team cos when i had semi-pro on 07 no players wanted to go there and you go onto main menu where you see their attributes and you will see an option for send to feeder club they can only be sent them between both transfer windows in summer & winter

Hij
3rd August '08, 11:39 PM
Ahhhh so if they fail the work permit
I theres the option to send to a feeder club?

Eric Cantona
3rd August '08, 11:44 PM
Yeh, right click and send on loan to...

Who ever you feeder club is.

Hij
3rd August '08, 11:46 PM
Coool Im gonna ask for a new feeder now.

Ryddel
3rd August '08, 11:49 PM
new feeders are alot seem to be my highlight during the season if im doing well bar derby games and cups i just like trying to increase scouting knowledge

RIP Jakey
4th August '08, 01:07 PM
I always have trouble with the training, can any1 give me some good advice?

Hij
5th August '08, 03:09 AM
FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS

trailing chelsea by 4 points in the last 3 games.

they lose to united, trailing by 1 point

they are drawing with liverpool on the last day so i just need to win

reading have 1 shot and score

i hit the bar 3 times and the post, off the line and all sorts

and finish 1 point behind
FUCK OFF

Hij
5th August '08, 03:11 AM
bearing in mind i was 9 points clear at one point
im so fucked off right nwo

Hij
5th August '08, 03:13 AM
5 seasons
2 league cup victories
2 champions league qualified
1 2nd place

its ok, but i was so close to the title!!

Eric Cantona
5th August '08, 03:23 AM
I started a game unemployed yesterday

Got Nigeria Job, took them to African Cup final, got beat by Ivory Coast 5-3 (AET) in final

I then resigned to take over luton who were 22nd in League 1, after 3 games were already 19th.

I might try get them to the Premier League unless Man Utd job comes on offer.

Hij
5th August '08, 03:24 AM
I started a game unemployed yesterday

Got Nigeria Job, took them to African Cup final, got beat by Ivory Coast 5-3 (AET) in final

I then resigned to take over luton who were 22nd in League 1.

I might try get them to the Premier League unless Man Utd job comes on offer.
Im gonna start unemployed next time.

Im gonna do 7 more seasons as Tottenham. Got bare youth that I scouted that I wanna see how they turn out.

Although Liverpool are on the wane and haven't won the league yet, if the job became available, I'd leave Tottenham ina second.

Eric Cantona
5th August '08, 03:47 AM
Yeh when your own team becomes available you just can't turn it down lol.

Anonymous
16th August '08, 05:57 AM
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1459/picture1ku6.png

Come on, now thats got to be some sort of record for a CB? 20 goals, 5 assists and its only February?
Tevez has only scored something like 7 lol.

Edit:

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/8821/picture2ul7.png

It gets better. Just played Liverpool. He netted a brace (about his 4th of the season).

Grimes
16th August '08, 11:02 AM
football manager makes me puke

'nuum general
16th August '08, 11:26 AM
anonymous, you should know that my sensational christopher samba at blackburn was o course to beat that.

I love it when your youngsters come through. In my arsenal team i have merida, lansbury, barazite & mahmadou sakho who are all 20/21 & are class first team players

Ryddel
16th August '08, 01:56 PM
anonymous, you should know that my sensational christopher samba at blackburn was o course to beat that.

I love it when your youngsters come through. In my arsenal team i have merida, lansbury, barazite & mahmadou sakho who are all 20/21 & are class first team players

Sakho is immense i sold him to Pompey for 5m in 2nd season but i get money from t'fer Merida is also the only decent one out of that list, dun know Macauley Crisanthus & Ransford Osei

But Genero Zeefuik>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anonymous
16th August '08, 03:58 PM

Yeah I thought about that when I was posting lol.

Pristine Condition
16th August '08, 04:31 PM
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1459/picture1ku6.png

Come on, now thats got to be some sort of record for a CB? 20 goals, 5 assists and its only February?
Tevez has only scored something like 7 lol.

Edit:

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/8821/picture2ul7.png

It gets better. Just played Liverpool. He netted a brace (about his 4th of the season).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Qwerty
16th August '08, 10:28 PM
I win everything

Ryddel
17th August '08, 09:12 PM
Adriano for me @ 29/30>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pandev @ 27/28

Adriano 42 goals in 37(6) apps (subs) he's epic