PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 NARUTO: The Broken Bond (Rise of a Ninja Sequel)

Channel_E-D
31st July '08, 07:07 PM
Forget Ultimate Ninja Storm, never liked the Ultimate Ninja series anyway lol.

This game is A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best Naruto game I have ever seen. From what I've seen so far, it looks much better than Ultimate Ninja Storm. I'm not saying it is, its just I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Ninja series. That is my opinion. Rise of a Ninja was nuts, so I'm expecting a lot from this.

"Broken Bond will pick up where Rise of a Ninja left off and will contain the Return of Itachi and Sasuke Retrieval story arcs. There will be 25 playable characters, a new team system, voice acting and music from the original Naruto anime."

Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36803.html

"Gameplay will be similar to the first game with some minor tweaks. During the story/RPG mode players will take up to three ninja at a time to follow them around and perform certain tasks. Specific characters now have powers that contribute to these tasks, such as Neji's Byakugan to find enemy traps or Naruto's Shadow Clones to get across a small valley. In addition, during a battle in story mode, in the middle of a battle, your character can be switched out with someone else from the team. They have also included real time jutsus. Also, the landscape in story mode will allow players to experience a more authentic gameplay experience by making the levels more interactive. Online play has also been confirmed."

Gameplay Video One:
SD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37632.html
HD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37634.html

Gameplay Video Two:
SD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37633.html
HD - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37635.html

Straight cop. You see the gameplay?! Real time jutsus!

THOR!
31st July '08, 09:16 PM
looks shit, looks like 2d characters in a 3d world. Fighting mechanics look terrible too.. storm all the way.

Channel_E-D
1st August '08, 01:59 AM
Fanboy

Channel_E-D
1st August '08, 03:15 AM
The fighting from the 360 series is way more advanced then that of the Ultimate Ninja series. It only has ONE attack button! Bait.

I was really looking forward to Ultimate Ninja Storm, but when I played the demo I felt let down. It is exactly the same, in every way, to the PSP version apart from the fact that it is 3D. Nothing else has changed, gameplay wise.

THOR!
2nd August '08, 10:47 PM
Fanboy? because i prefer the look and flow of one game over another?

Omen
2nd August '08, 11:31 PM
that game lookd bare shit, ninja storm is sick, may only have one attack button but if u press it in different directions it does different combos, is much better than that game

THOR!
2nd August '08, 11:59 PM
Like I don't care what console its on, a good game is a good game at the end of the day but that game just doesn't look appealing at all, jack of all trades and master of none. Ninja Storm is good, it is a simple concept but hard to execute, the complication is not in the attacks, it is the fluidity of the fight, if you played it for long enough you would have realised this. When you have two good people playing, and your tele-porting all over the gaff delivering hits to the back, good game.

Channel_E-D
3rd August '08, 03:05 AM
Like I don't care what console its on, a good game is a good game at the end of the day but that game just doesn't look appealing at all, jack of all trades and master of none. Ninja Storm is good, it is a simple concept but hard to execute, the complication is not in the attacks, it is the fluidity of the fight, if you played it for long enough you would have realised this. When you have two good people playing, and your tele-porting all over the gaff delivering hits to the back, good game.

Have you played Rise of a Ninja though?

The person playing in this video was absolutely terrible. When me and my bredrin play Rise of a Ninja, its lightning fast and it also has combos with more than one button. The jutsu have mini games to pull them off. You can't just tap one button to do a powerful jutsu, you have to knock your opponent down or far enough for you concentrate enough chakra to pull it off. In the PS3 one, you can do a Rasengan as if it were a hadouken.

This new one now, it has so much potential including the RPG mode which was a hit IMO in the first game.

that game lookd bare shit, ninja storm is sick, may only have one attack button but if u press it in different directions it does different combos, is much better than that game

If you have never played the first one, I understand why you are saying it looked wack. The person playing was doodoo so didn't really appeal to those unfamiliar with the series. But I played that game, and I can see the improvements in the fighting and RPG mode etc. Good game.

And yeah this game also has more than one attack button and each direction does a different attack etc.

Bottom line, I played the PSP Ultimate Ninja one and then played the PS3 one and I can't really feel a difference. I can see a difference, just can't feel one.

THOR!
3rd August '08, 11:59 AM
I have played Rise of the Ninja, I am an owner of it (hence why I don't have playstation 3 or x box 360 under my name for I am an owner of both). I always felt they threw a cel shaded 2d guy in a 3d environment. Look at when he is crossing the water, the water looks near photo realistic, look at the water in storm and it is still cartoony. As a fan of Naruto I want to recapture the cartoons speed and fluidity when playing, so i want to be flipping all over the place, replacing into logs only to find he has replaced and somehow i need to counter that move... I don't get that experience from Rise of Ninja and judging by the videos I don't think I will get it from The Broken Bond.

However, I can accept your point about the multiple Rasengan's and only one attack button but different buttons do trigger different moves for your attack button to do, if you throw a random button in the middle of a combo it will finish it differently. Doing multiple Rasengans is down to the player in my opinion, it's much like players doing hadoken after hadoken, that player has no technique or talent and no one wants to play with him. When I played Ninja Storm We only would do Rasengans if they were fully powered which was a lot harder to slip in. I prefer the overall experience in storm, if that brands me a fanboy then so be it.

Channel_E-D
3rd August '08, 11:03 PM
I have played Rise of the Ninja, I am an owner of it (hence why I don't have playstation 3 or x box 360 under my name for I am an owner of both). I always felt they threw a cel shaded 2d guy in a 3d environment. Look at when he is crossing the water, the water looks near photo realistic, look at the water in storm and it is still cartoony. As a fan of Naruto I want to recapture the cartoons speed and fluidity when playing, so i want to be flipping all over the place, replacing into logs only to find he has replaced and somehow i need to counter that move... I don't get that experience from Rise of Ninja and judging by the videos I don't think I will get it from The Broken Bond.
However, I can accept your point about the multiple Rasengan's and only one attack button but different buttons do trigger different moves for your attack button to do, if you throw a random button in the middle of a combo it will finish it differently. Doing multiple Rasengans is down to the player in my opinion, it's much like players doing hadoken after hadoken, that player has no technique or talent and no one wants to play with him. When I played Ninja Storm We only would do Rasengans if they were fully powered which was a lot harder to slip in. I prefer the overall experience in storm, if that brands me a fanboy then so be it.

No send, but may be you wern't that good. Because I get that experience everytime I play it. May be not on single player, but when two skillful players go at it on that game it feels that way. With Broken Bond, it will be even sicker. Like I said don't judge by them videos because the player was insanely wack or new to the game.

Come on now, really. Don't be childish. That isn't why I called you a fanboy, I didn't type out what you just typed and said you are a fanboy because of it. Your original post sounded like something some fanboy would type.

Channel_E-D
3rd August '08, 11:06 PM
Anyway I don't understand, why is it that as of late you enter threads I have posted in and argue against my point. What is the reason behind this? I'm sure there are many other people on the forum you disagree with but its as if I'm a target.

I'm not bothered about it, I am just curious as to why this is.

THOR!
4th August '08, 12:31 AM
Ah don't take it to heart, there is no personal vendetta, I just don't like the Rise of a Ninja series. To be honest i rarely look at the OP, i just agree or disagree with the point, sorry to make you feel singled out... and, I was good at the game, but when comparing the fluidity to storm it just feels clunky.

Channel_E-D
4th August '08, 04:06 PM
Ah don't take it to heart, there is no personal vendetta, I just don't like the Rise of a Ninja series. To be honest i rarely look at the OP, i just agree or disagree with the point, sorry to make you feel singled out... and, I was good at the game, but when comparing the fluidity to storm it just feels clunky.

When I play the game its good, fast, etc.

When I play any Ultimate Ninja game, I have always felt that it is just wack but the only thing keeping me on the game is that its different. I have the PSP version and completed that only because it was a lil addictive - didn't think it was that great of a game. Then when I played the PS3 one, it was exactly the samer apart from the 3D graphics. Obviously the cutscenes are different etc but the actual gameplay is identical. Then I stared doing Rasengans so easily, I was thinking there is no skill to performing a successful jutsu - you just do it.

So I dunno, may be if I played a little longer it would have gotten a bit addictive. But I still think the gameplay is terrible. May be the RPG mode will save it for me. But IMO, the demo gets 5/10.

NaiJaBoY
4th August '08, 05:06 PM
This game gets bad mouth everywhere

but if u havent played it, u can be 100% that its shit or good

unless its an mgs game

Channel_E-D
4th August '08, 07:54 PM
I think the only reason the PS3 one got all these good ratings was soley because of the blu ray capabilities. Graphic wise.

THOR!
4th August '08, 09:15 PM
Blu ray does not effect graphics, just means you can fit more on a disc. x box 360 is perfectly capable of breathtaking graphics, believe me.

Channel_E-D
4th August '08, 10:49 PM
Blu ray does not effect graphics, just means you can fit more on a disc. x box 360 is perfectly capable of breathtaking graphics, believe me.

The graphics on this game, along with the so called gameplay added together is because of the storage space on blu ray.

THOR!
5th August '08, 02:39 AM
explain how games like gears of war are possible? with such high resolution textures and etc? believe me, modern day compression can allow them graphics to be made possible on an x box.

Channel_E-D
5th August '08, 04:04 AM
explain how games like gears of war are possible? with such high resolution textures and etc? believe me, modern day compression can allow them graphics to be made possible on an x box.

Yeah of course Xbox can have good graphics. But I don't believe that Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm could be ported to the Xbox 360 without major compression.

NaiJaBoY
5th August '08, 02:40 PM

with a blu ray disc no compression is needed, the bioshock developers said they up res'd images for the PS3 version and he added they couldnt do that on the 360 bcos of the space limitation.

so blu ray plays a part in quality of graphics, with the 360 developer have to look at how much content they can include gameplay wise and the quality of graphics bcos better graphic means bigger files

NaiJaBoY
5th August '08, 02:48 PM

gear of wear graphics are good but nothing amazing, GOW2 looks really good but how much gameplay time would u get?

look are the GOW environment, there isnt much that needs detailing, compare it to resistance 2 detailed environments with 300ft monsters moving around and lots of gameplay time

THOR!
5th August '08, 03:15 PM
My point was that the X box is capable of reproducing the Naruto graphics.

NaiJaBoY
5th August '08, 04:55 PM
no doubt but other aspects of the game might suffer

Channel_E-D
5th August '08, 09:54 PM

It may be capable to produce the graphics, but they won't be able to port the whole game as it is on the PS3. Why? Because of BluRay.

Edit:

no doubt but other aspects of the game might suffer

This argument is so pointless.

Riska
7th August '08, 12:27 AM
da one on ps3 lookz better

seiko
21st August '08, 02:23 AM
dammmnnnnnn :|

THOR!
21st August '08, 11:26 PM
Some exra fuel for the fire...

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/36

PS3 one with some shots of the adventure mode... I dunno, I just think this looks so fun.

Channel_E-D
22nd August '08, 11:15 AM
Some exra fuel for the fire...

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/36

PS3 one with some shots of the adventure mode... I dunno, I just think this looks so fun.

The adventure mode looks good, probably better than Broken Bond. The graphics are sick as well along with the gameplay. BluRay can do a lot.

In the end, the PS3 one is probably the better game, but the fighting is way too "anyone can pick it up and play it" for me. Thats why I can't wait for *on topic* Broken Bond. If you've mastered it, you can't lose. Unlike UNS where, if you've mastered it and your friend comes along he could possibly beat you no homo.

Channel_E-D
25th August '08, 03:15 PM
Each home console has its own Naruto gaming series.

After playing the Wii version, I've realized why I like the 360 version more than the others. It just feels more stable. Like when you play the Wii one or PS3 one, you're just all over the place - it feels too "loose" no homo.

But when I play the 360 one, it feels like the combos are "locked", I can't really explain it. Its like stable.

But yeah. If you don't understand I can't explain it.

Kardo
7th September '08, 06:15 PM
This should top Rise of Ninja without a doubt.

Channel_E-D
18th November '08, 10:42 PM
After having played through both Ultimate Ninja Storm and Broken Bond, I have come to my conclusion.

Ultimate Ninja Storm has the upper hand when it comes to graphics and swiftness. It really does feel like the animé. The fighting is fun, but it doesn't take a gamer to play. It feels like any random guy can play this for 10 minutes then keep up with a skilled fighter. Its a bit like Fifa.

Broken Bond, on the other hand, is definitely my prefered game. It may not be the same opinion as yours, but its mine. Why? I'll start with the Fight Mode. The combos and gameplay require a certain amount of skill to master if you really want to be the best. Your Jutsu meter is tied to your Rage meter, meaing if you use your rage when close to no health then die afterwards, your partner will be left with no jutsu to use (yes thats right partner). The game has an optional 2v2 tag team mode which adds a lot more variety to the gameplay.

Before I played through both games, I had a different conclusion; I would prefer the fighting mode on the 360 but prefer the RPG mode on PS3. How wrong was I. The PS3 RPG mode just seems boring and lacks control like the 360 version. Broken Bond offers a variety of different gameplay, even being able to switch character if you have a squad with you. Changing character will enable you to take advantage of their jutsu, for example using Neji's Byakugan to sense traps or Shikamaru's Shadow Possesion Jutsu to stop you from falling off the edge etc. The Broken Bond RPG mode can range from simple travelling through the village or puzzles to solve.

Like I said above, UNS wins when it comes to graphics. But that doesn't mean the BB graphics are not good. They seem completely polished with the perfect use of celshading. To be honest although Rise of a Ninja was good, I think they just made any Naruto game not expecting it to be such a good game. When they realized what game they could have made if they put the effort in, Broken Bond was in the works. It seems like they put 20x more effort into making this game.

THOR!
18th November '08, 11:13 PM
I have both.
Broken Bond when you are alone.
Ninja Storm when with friends.
Simple.

Fights are quicker and more furious on Ninja Storm. They are slower and paced on Broken Bond.

I hate the mix of 3d graphics and cel shading in broken bond but I am getting used to it.

GeneralT
19th November '08, 01:03 AM
Forget what all other man be chattin'.

I'm buying this sequel. Come friday IMMEDIATLY.

Who cares what PS3 boys be sayin' about they prefer the other game, it's unwritten law to not compare fighting dedicated games to adventure ones.

It's like comparing Mario to Gran turismo. It just doesn't work. Even if it's the same brand.

You don't compare Mario kart to super mario world because they're different in their own way.

THOR!
19th November '08, 01:26 AM
Try your best not to be retarded and research the games before you make misinformed comments.

Kay Mizan UKM
12th February '09, 02:59 PM
If anyone has this game......... Scream at me........... I need some new opponents!!!!!!!

Channel_E-D
14th February '09, 04:50 AM
If anyone has this game......... Scream at me........... I need some new opponents!!!!!!!

I would murder you

Kay Mizan UKM
14th February '09, 11:59 AM
Gamer Tag: Kay Mizan UKM. (Send me a message on xbox so i know its you just incase someone adds me before you do so i can delete them)

Channel_E-D
14th February '09, 11:40 PM
Gamer Tag: Kay Mizan UKM. (Send me a message on xbox so i know its you just incase someone adds me before you do so i can delete them)

I have to renew my Xbox Live first, haven't played it since Sep or Oct lol

Rival
14th February '09, 11:57 PM
No way, are you bonkers? PS3 Version is way better.

Omen
15th February '09, 03:46 PM
the adventure mode looks good, probably better than broken bond. The graphics are sick as well along with the gameplay. Bluray can do a lot.

In the end, the ps3 one is probably the better game, but the fighting is way too "anyone can pick it up and play it" for me. Thats why i can't wait for *on topic* broken bond. If you've mastered it, you can't lose. unlike uns where, if you've mastered it and your friend comes along he could possibly beat you no homo.

this is actually not true, this game requires serious strategy
i recently went to a tournament and i beat every guy in the room without losing at least 5 times each in a row, and i was the only one who didnt have it but cos i played it so much at my boys yard beforehand i already knew who my main characters were, in uns deception is the key

Channel_E-D
16th February '09, 05:58 AM
this is actually not true, this game requires serious strategy
i recently went to a tournament and i beat every guy in the room without losing at least 5 times each in a row, and i was the only one who didnt have it but cos i played it so much at my boys yard beforehand i already knew who my main characters were, in uns deception is the key

Its a different matter though, obviously if you face some any guys at games they will lose. But for example you got some serious gamer who has never played that game though, give him two games and boom he should be able to play it properly and beat you may be.

I mean, thats how it was for me anyway when I played it after about two games I just murked because combos are as follows:

ooooooo ^ ooo
ooooooo > ooo
ooooooo < ooo

Kaos
16th February '09, 12:52 PM
This game loooks toooo nang!

Omen
16th February '09, 04:24 PM
Yeah combos are easy n that but it's actually getting the combos which is the hard part, im not sure who you played but if you managed to get a full combo on him then he's shit imo
anyone good at the game will make it damn near impossible to get a full combo unleashed on his frame. One thing i will admit though, is that when i first played the game i thought that it would be even better if you use the right analog to form hand seals so your opponent has no idea what jutsu you are going to use, they done this the 360 one but it doesn't look how i visioned it lol

THOR!
16th February '09, 09:16 PM
Gonna buy this just for the seals. General fighting is pretty blocky and not as epic as ninja storm but I like the different dimension this gives.

Anonymous
16th February '09, 10:56 PM

Channel_E-D
17th February '09, 09:33 PM
Dunno man, I just feel the fighting in this game feels more "solid" and "locked in", where as the UNS feels too "loose".

Can't explain it.

Rasengan is as follows:

^ O

On BB, there is no way you can do a Rasengan unless you murk the opponant and make sure he can't get up while your clone is charging the sphere.

Channel_E-D
17th February '09, 09:36 PM
I think I'm wording it wrong, I don't think UNS is wack I just prefer BB or even Rise of a Ninja lol. In Broken Bond, if you know the combo that the opponent is using you can dodge the last power hit with ease, so thats kinda bait.