PDA

View Full Version : United look very strong to win the league again IMO despite City's start

Hij
30th October '11, 09:25 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7540/hardgamestogo.png

Ignore the Newcastle 100% left to go, I've fixed that now, I forgot that they obviously play all the teams (Whereas say Arsenal can't play themselves)

Scrappy123
30th October '11, 09:30 PM
Man United still have to face pretty much all of them away though.

Mr. Jefferies
30th October '11, 09:30 PM
our run in until after christmas looks, with respect, relatively easy too. fulham and villa away potential banana skins.

but, all this means is, we've played all the big boys at home (apart from lpool away) whereas in the 2nd half of the season, we've got them all away and city will be at home for the run-in.

Hij
30th October '11, 09:32 PM
Man United still have to face pretty much all of them away though.

Good thinking, adding that as well now.

our run in until after christmas looks, with respect, relatively easy too. fulham and villa away potential banana skins.

but, all this means is, we've played all the big boys at home (apart from lpool away) whereas in the 2nd half of the season, we've got them all away and city will be at home for the run-in.

I make things like this and read them, just because I'm a football junkie and it gives me things to ponder while I wait for the next match. Interesting City have 10 hard games to go, especially 8.

Parrr
30th October '11, 09:37 PM
if we make it to xmas winning most of our games and avoiding defeats we will come alive again in 2012 and take it. starting to believe city will do it this year though as much as i hate them and the way they are buying the game.. But a part of me thinks they will fall off after christmas

Hij
30th October '11, 09:40 PM
I'll be back in a mo with away games and away games as a percentage of the tough games played thus far.

Mr. Jefferies
30th October '11, 09:43 PM
if we make it to xmas winning most of our games and avoiding defeats we will come alive again in 2012 and take it. starting to believe city will do it this year though as much as i hate them and the way they are buying the game.. But a part of me thinks they will fall off after christmas

there will be a couple of slip ups in the next 9 games.

Sunderland H
Swansea A
Newcastle H
Villa A
Wolves H
QPR A
Fulham A
Wigan H
Blackburn H

should be looking to get 24 points from those if we're to catch city up.

I'll be back in a mo with away games and away games as a percentage of the tough games played thus far.

lol

analysis >>>>>

nesta17
30th October '11, 09:48 PM
plus champions league matches slowing the flow down

FoundTheGif
30th October '11, 10:00 PM
there will be a couple of slip ups in the next 9 games.

Sunderland H
Swansea A
Newcastle H
Villa A
Wolves H
QPR A
Fulham A
Wigan H
Blackburn H

Only slip up I see is Villa (A) and possibly Swansea (A) and Fulham.

We should use Wigan at home to get a better GD.

Hij
30th October '11, 10:05 PM
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7540/hardgamestogo.png

Now looks more and more like Chelsea could be drawn into a battle for 3rd/4th. Our start is ridiculous, by the half way stage of the season, we'll have been to every top ground away bar Old Trafford lol

daspecimen
30th October '11, 10:07 PM
can't see past City myself. still think Utd are weak in Central midfield and slightly frail at Centre back

Mr. Jefferies
30th October '11, 10:30 PM
can't see past City myself. still think Utd are weak in Central midfield and slightly frail at Centre back

agree with this post apart from the centre-back thing.

vidic
ferdinand
smalling
jones
evans

is the strongest in the league in my opinion.

the midfield as we've seen once cleverley got injured isn't good enough. with city winning the league, i dunno, i mean i really think they could to be honest but it's city ffs. they definitely look good enough though, usually when you spunk a load of money on players you have to then get them to gel. i expected city to win the league within three years or so, but not to gel as quickly as they have done and credit where it's due they've played some good stuff.

in the 'hardgamestogo' table, city have a hard game every 2.8 games for the rest of the season, we have one every 4.7 games, experience will also work in our favour. my only doubt with those is that they'll bottle it because they're not used to a title race, they've got the quality and are playing as a team but fergie knows what it takes to win a title, this is new ground for city.

also hij on the 2nd table you should have put hard away games left to play.

city have 5, united have 3.

daspecimen
30th October '11, 10:35 PM
agree with this post apart from the centre-back thing.

vidic
ferdinand
smalling
jones
evans

is the strongest in the league in my opinion.

I disagree, largely because of the fact that Vidic and Ferdinand are now suffering with persistant injuries and their recent performances have not been up to scratch. Evans is like Brown/O'Shea in that he can come in and do a job but isn't to be relied on.

Jones and Smalling are quality though. Sick business picking them both up....... If Fergie decides to play them together at Centre Half then its a problem and i might change my opinion but until then....................

Mr. Jefferies
30th October '11, 10:37 PM
I disagree, largely because of the fact that Vidic and Ferdinand are now suffering with persistant injuries and their recent performances have not been up to scratch. Evans is like Brown/O'Shea in that he can come in and do a job but isn't to be relied on.

Jones and Smalling are quality though. Sick business picking them both up....... If Fergie decides to play them together at Centre Half then its a problem and i might change my opinion but until then....................

vidic is the best centre-back in the world though. i think he'll be ok but you're right on ferdinand. vidic + rio is our best partnership though. also i said after the city game evans has done well this season but i do get nervous when i see him in the starting line up. :pinkface:

Hij
30th October '11, 10:39 PM
also hij on the 2nd table you should have put hard away games left to play.

city have 5, united have 3.

:stunned:

Yeah but if there are 12 games, 6 will be away. :laugh:

I've edited the field "Tough Away Matches Played" to "Tough Away Matches Played (Out of 6/8)" - Newcastle fuck it up massively, hopefully they either carry on their form and I add them to it, or they fuck off and I delete them from it.

I'll add this chart up here every week.

Mr. Jefferies
30th October '11, 10:42 PM
:stunned:

Yeah but if there are 12 games, 6 will be away. :laugh:

I've edited the field "Tough Away Matches Played" to "Tough Away Matches Played (Out of 6/8)" - Newcastle fuck it up massively, hopefully they either carry on their form and I add them to it, or they fuck off and I delete them from it.

I'll add this chart up here every week.

na i know lol but what i'm saying is out of the hard games left to play it doesn't say how many of those will be away and the percentage, i mean i could easily add it up and work it out but i'm lazy but it would have been nice to have that in there. :-D

Hij
30th October '11, 10:43 PM
The table doesn't take into account that City could just go on an amazing run of form and batter all the top teams home and away and get over 100 points

na i know lol but what i'm saying is out of the hard games left to play it doesn't say how many of those will be away and the percentage, i mean i could easily add it up and work it out but i'm lazy but it would have been nice to have that in there. :-D

True say. I'll addit.

Pirate
30th October '11, 10:52 PM
Sunderland H
Swansea A
Newcastle H
Villa A
Wolves H
QPR A
Fulham A
Wigan H
Blackburn H

Aside from Newcastle obviously, that should be all wins tbh

Plak
31st October '11, 01:35 AM
Spurs are listed as having played 4 hardest fixtures, but weve played the mannys (both), Liverpool, newky and Arsenal, and only have Chelscum left in the first 19.

Hij
31st October '11, 01:41 AM
Spurs are listed as having played 4 hardest fixtures, but weve played the mannys (both), Liverpool, newky and Arsenal, and only have Chelscum left in the first 19.

Yeah, you've played Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United = 4.

Newcastle haven't visited any of the top 6 yet, and only played 2 of them - so its laughable to include them at this stage just because they have had a bout of good games against shit opposition. I only included them first to check, then to demonstrate, how easy their first few games have been and that they are perhaps appearing above their level.

If they are still there or thereabouts at game round 15/16, I'll edit the spreadsheet to include them as one of the "hardest" games and adjust accordingly, but with all due respect until then, I don't think they are of that calibre yet.

Scrappy123
31st October '11, 01:41 AM
Hij's passion tbh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I used to try handwrite similar things for Fulham future fixtures and where it could leave us in the table but I give up after a while, when we begin losing for kicks:dead::laugh:

Plak
31st October '11, 01:44 AM
Get it now.
Why are Everton a tough game? Been shit this season.

Hij
31st October '11, 01:54 AM
They are one of the hardest for the top four to go to, and also because I post it on a Liverpool forum, so the derby is harder than other games because that's their cup final. There is a table that shows Everton are one of the hardest to go to though.

Ari Gold
31st October '11, 01:59 AM
if its gona be a two horse race between city and united (looking likely) i fucking hope united win it again. fuck united but tbh city are the biggest cunts going.

the day city win (buy) the league title is gona be a sad sad day for football as a whole.

Hij
31st October '11, 02:04 AM
if its gona be a two horse race between city and united (looking likely) i fucking hope united win it again. fuck united but tbh city are the biggest cunts going.

the day city win (buy) the league title is gona be a sad sad day for football as a whole.

Like Blackburn, and Chelsea before them?

Xtra P
31st October '11, 08:35 AM
Citeh will walk the league.

Jack 1017
31st October '11, 10:45 AM
Citeh will walk the league.

Dont think so tbh, the 6-1 was Shitty at their very best against 10 men. What happened at Bayern? When Man U beat us everyone was saying they will walk away with the Prem. I think Shitty will fold around feb/march, Silva/Kun will get injured and Mancini will get fired. Shitty wont win the Prem till they get Jose imo

Parrr
31st October '11, 08:48 PM
did united beat chelsea at OT or stamford bridge?