PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea's New Home

Zoffie
27th October '11, 10:37 AM
Chelsea will learn today if they will win the freehold back for Stamford Bridge, a move that will see them allowed to move away from the stadium and still keep the rights to the name Chelsea FC.

A lot of rumours saying that we will not build a new stadium, but, have sounded out the RFU about renting Twickenham, they are very happy to do so apparently.

This is an 82,000 stadium, the 2nd largest stadium in the UK, 4th largest in Europe
it's in Richmond & is Chelsea territory.

POW!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNYKXZXejS7heTyAEDH5um3-aa050Ee6zPw1exJfwve9tp96k_

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoJ9NzZfiLykqu09VL5g5jhs32gcCDu gIGm1GoJhiozGwFGu1UTA

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_4i8N0o-HCC7d47kmiljWjG6j-cLcLpmHHmOHNGZYd6pWPpjh2w

Mr. Jefferies
27th October '11, 10:48 AM
can you put some smaller pics in the op please zoffie, bit big them ones mate.

Jack 1017
27th October '11, 10:48 AM
Stamford Bridge is a shit hole tbh, will be pissing on the floor in the toilets on Saturday BMT

Zoffie
27th October '11, 10:53 AM
can you put some smaller pics in the op please zoffie, bit big them ones mate.
Are you being sarcastic 0_o

Stamford Bridge is a shit hole tbh, will be pissing on the floor in the toilets on Saturday BMT

I love Stamford Bridge.. How can you call it a shit hole, it's kriss! I don't like all these new stadia with no soul, I liked Highbury over Emirates, I'm glad at least if we do go there, it won't be one of those new builds they're doing that is moving away from the traditional English style.

Mr. Jefferies
27th October '11, 11:19 AM
Are you being sarcastic 0_o

yh lol.

ghett0
27th October '11, 11:30 AM
If you guys are renting, does that mean you'll be second priority to rugby matches?

Zoffie
27th October '11, 11:39 AM
I don't know how it'd work at this stage it's just a rumour, but, if it's true then they'd have considered all of that already.

People talking about will they be able to fill a 60k stadium, don't know about sports marketing and how attendances are geared nowadays. So many techniques that ensures maximum capacity in the majority of games.

Early champions league games during mid-week is understandably much more harder to achieve high attendances, as they are high prices & a lot of the times against unrecognisable or unflattering teams... but people act like because of this all other revenue should be forsaken which is very stupid.

jninet
27th October '11, 12:05 PM
nothing wrong with the bridge, bar the q for the toilets.

ghett0
27th October '11, 12:11 PM
My mate's saying its not gonna happen until 2020, that's a long way away so anything could happen between now and then.

Parring PumPum
27th October '11, 12:16 PM
Twickenham :laugh: isthisrealife.jpg

BIGDON
27th October '11, 03:18 PM
Chelsea lose bid to buy Stamford Bridge freehold after failing to win enough votres at pitch owners EGM

Julio Cesar
27th October '11, 03:23 PM
Chelsea lose bid to buy Stamford Bridge freehold after failing to win enough votres at pitch owners EGM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Villain_94
27th October '11, 03:28 PM
lol

Hutch
Loool at renting Twickenham that would never happen.

Staying at the bridge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tony Starks

P3ALwKeSEYs

Jstar
27th October '11, 03:32 PM
Jheeeez 82,000 people waving flags and eating sandwiches *MADNESS*

chris89
27th October '11, 03:34 PM
The bridge>>>>>>>

Julio Cesar
27th October '11, 03:35 PM
:laugh:

Do chelsea fans think they would sell out in an 82000 stadium?

Scrappy123
27th October '11, 03:38 PM
Thank god.

I heard we was taking Stamford Bridge if they did.

I would of given up on Football if we took that smelly dump:dead::laugh:

Hutch
27th October '11, 03:42 PM

It's not the Emirates bro.

Considering our highest recorded attendance at the Bridge is almost 83,000.. Yes.

We've probably tripled our fan base since then too that was ages ago.

Tommy
27th October '11, 03:55 PM

Considering our highest recorded attendance at the Bridge is almost 83,000.. Yes.

We've probably tripled our fan base since then too that was ages ago.

Come on now Hutch, you're embarrassing yourself. Sunderland's record attendance is 75,000, but only a fool will believe that even if we qualified for Europe we could fill it. Is The Bridge even packed week in week out?

GrimmyGrimGrim
27th October '11, 04:00 PM
Chelsea have always had a massive following, we could fill that stadium

The Stig
27th October '11, 04:13 PM

easily lol

Hutch
27th October '11, 04:15 PM
Come on now Hutch, you're embarrassing yourself. Sunderland's record attendance is 75,000, but only a fool will believe that even if we qualified for Europe we could fill it. Is The Bridge even packed week in week out?

How am I embarrasing myself?

Home games are sold out all the time for us, we ARE in Europe and it's pretty obvious our support in recent seasons has massively grown (all be it with glory hunters but that's still ticket sales)

Every chelsea parade after we win the league there are well over 100,000 people there. An 82,000 seater stadium = about 75,000 Chelsea fans. You don't have to be a genius to work out we would fill it.

The funny thing is I don't even want to move away from Stamford bridge.

Hij
Not at the prices you charge now fuck off

MoneyMan
The only London team which regularly sells out is Man U come on now. Chelsea would get good attendances if they moved but they wouldn't be getting 82k people to watch Blackburn on a Monday night at 8 o'clock, just like no other team does.

Don't think they should move tbh obviously commercial reasons come first and foremost these days but I would like to see everyone stay at their home and keep their fecking name, I hate having to say "the Emirates" and the "Etihad" :dead: some shit names.

At least go American and call your stadium "the Chelsea PowerDomw!" or something exciting.

Hutch
27th October '11, 04:25 PM
Not sure where Zoffie got that info from anyway, we're not trying to move to a 82,000 seater stadium, it's 60,000.

82,000 is Twickenham. That will never happen.

The only London team which regularly sells out is Man U come on now.

:laugh::laugh:

At least go American and call your stadium "the Chelsea PowerDomw!" or something exciting.

Should do what happened to me on FM2011 and move to 'Zola stadium' lulul.

Tony Starks
27th October '11, 04:30 PM

Just like united, our success over the years has attracted a lot of plastic fans...but we have a big enough stadium to accomodate them anyway. U mad?

PCeKYS92Hec

Our away support.>>>>>

Zoffie
27th October '11, 04:31 PM
I know about Sports Marketing & it's come so very far, they are very smart, I know someone who arranges International matches for a living and the art of filling a stadium is truly an art.

There are many gears that you can use and I think that I'd trust that at the top level the people who are responsible know a lot of these gears and remember, filling the ground isn't the be all & end all in this situation, maximising the crowd is.

Hutch
27th October '11, 04:43 PM
Just like united, our success over the years has attracted a lot of plastic fans...but we have a big enough stadium to accomodate them anyway. U mad?

PCeKYS92Hec

Our away support.>>>>>

:laugh: 1 whole flare? how cool.

and yeh you have a 60,000 seater stadium, yet you were right at the bottom of the loudest grounds in the prem :laugh: that's embarrasing.

Our away support >>>> your away support, umad?

CaCQ9Bf5BjU

Julio Cesar
27th October '11, 04:45 PM
:laugh: 1 whole flare? how cool.

and yeh you have a 60,000 seater stadium, yet you were right at the bottom of the loudest grounds in the prem :laugh: that's embarrasing.

Our away support >>>> your away support, umad?

CaCQ9Bf5BjU
Didn't hear any chelsea fans on sunday mate, were there any chelsea fans there? I didn't realise.

Tony Starks
27th October '11, 04:51 PM

Right at the bottom? Sorry bro we were 11th in that list and 9th in the one published the year before. The way they conduct the chart is flawed anyway tbh so i wouldnt use it for any sort of bragging rights

also LOL @ posting up a vid of your supporters celebrating a win

Our away support after an 8-2 defeat>>>>

KExVFcaGt_8

Hutch
27th October '11, 04:59 PM
Right at the bottom? Sorry bro we were 11th in that list and 9th in the one published the year before. The way they conduct the chart is flawed anyway tbh so i wouldnt use it for any sort of bragging rights

Loool so you bring up a debate about your 'great' support, then go back on it like that? ok.

We finished above you with 18,000 less people :laugh: oh dear.

GrimmyGrimGrim
27th October '11, 05:01 PM
Tony C'mon son, Chelseas away support has been notoriously good since the 70s

Scrappy123
27th October '11, 05:04 PM
"How shit must you be? We're winning away!"

Tony Starks
27th October '11, 05:07 PM
Loool so you bring up a debate about your 'great' support, then go back on it like that? ok.

We finished above you with 18,000 less people :laugh: oh dear.
Firstly, I never said all our support is great and I singled out or away support for praise. Its no secret at home we have a lot of plastic season ticket holders

Secondly, i'll repeat, the system of recording it was flawed. They didnt do it for every game so its not truly representational. The Emirates against Barcelona was the loudest game in the country last season in decibels. What if that night was recorded and used as evidence?

Thirdly
Txe1VWKlPis

Give it a rest the Chelsea Headhunters dont exist in the same form as they did then. Almost all of the 70s firms dont, just a bunch of pretenders

Hutch
27th October '11, 05:07 PM

The way Arsenal fans only have 3 songs as well <<<<<

'1-0, to the Arsenal etc'

'Arrrrrsenal Arrrrrrsenal Arrrrrsenal etc etc'

'And it's Arrrrrrsenalll, Arrrrrsenal fc, we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen'

Cool songs bro.

Nigel
27th October '11, 05:14 PM
82k people all getting 50 tickets would be madness.

Yer the tickets cost bare

chris89
27th October '11, 05:37 PM
Not at the prices you charge now fuck off

Read this in a scouse accent by accident sorry bro

We could sell 75k+ for the top games, but for the smaller games we wouldn't, no one is expecting us to and that would be budgeted for, if we couldn't sell 75k+ for Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City & top European games then you could all laugh tbh.

I was at the game vs Rosenborg before Mourinho got sacked and we only got like 31k :laugh:

Zoffie
27th October '11, 05:41 PM
I was at the game vs Rosenborg before Mourinho got sacked and we only got like 31k :laugh:

Stamford Bridge has a capacity of 41,800 & is reduced for Champions league nights.. to I think about 35k.. So 31k at Rosenberg isn't bad

....I think the plan was Twickenham all the way up to 2020 & then into a ready built new stadium afterwards.
Which is why the proposal to the CPO was to allow for Chelsea to move to a new site within 3 miles before 2020 & then after 2020 the limits would be off.

They wouldn't build 2 stadiums, one before 2020 within 3 miles and then one after 2020 that is outside 3 miles..

Filling a Twickenham regularly won't happen, but, with FFP coming into play, if you imagine on a UCL night our capacity is further reduced because a number of seats have to be taken out of the allocation, revenue streams in the near future will be limited & we wouldn't in principal be able to supplement it with Roman's cash.

Moving to Twickenham in the near future up until 2020 would help us in the interim period to maximise capacity before a stadium move & maximise match-day revenue which is one of the 3 biggest revenue streams for a club.

chris89
27th October '11, 05:47 PM
Chelsea 5-0 Genk

Attendance: 38,518

Cool story Zoff, didn't read the rest of your post after that tbh

Julio Cesar
27th October '11, 05:49 PM
easily lol
You would not fill out 82000, you dont even fill out 42k for some games yet you think you'll sell out 82k?

chris89
27th October '11, 05:49 PM
edit: does look like it's limited though judging by attendances like 37k for Barca at home, but 31k is pitiful

Zoffie
27th October '11, 05:51 PM
Chelsea 5-0 Genk

Attendance: 38,518

Cool story Zoff, didn't read the rest of your post after that tbh

I said I think about 35k, what I was saying wasn't from the internet it was me recalling an interview in my head it was 30 something thousand.
but, you know whatever floats your boat

chris89
27th October '11, 05:53 PM
I don't really get your point though, why is it different selling 31k when it's limited to 35k to selling 31k when there's no limit? Still only 31k buying tickets/turning up

Zoffie
27th October '11, 06:03 PM
What I am saying is that it's not that bad, when people always bring up early stage Champions League games as a reason as to not expanding capacity it makes no sense, take for instance Manchester City on their 1st home game in the Champions League they couldn't sell all of their tickets, and they were playing Napoli who are once again respected in Europe, not a relatively unknown club.

Where as in their home premier league matches they seem to be always filled to the brim.

Seats are taken out of capacity, I can't remember if it's for advertising purposes.. or something else..

GrimmyGrimGrim
27th October '11, 06:09 PM
for some reason the back rows are taken out

i was at Bayern Leverkusen and there was no one behind me in MHL

Zoffie
27th October '11, 06:18 PM
I don't really get your point though, why is it different selling 31k when it's limited to 35k to selling 31k when there's no limit? Still only 31k buying tickets/turning up

It's just going to happen like that, when a team is used to filling out a 60k stadium on a Champions league group game against Schmizmeized Red Bulls
Then you wouldn't be surprised if they'd get 51k

Whereas if the club are used to filling out a 40k stadium & then they get 31k on the same occasions in similar circumstances, you wouldn't be surprised. The larger capacity we have the better we'd be at enticing a greater number of repeat customers.

chris89
27th October '11, 07:26 PM
I suppose if there's more seats available we can charge less etc. but really it shouldn't matter

Shower Posse
27th October '11, 09:07 PM

BIGDON
24th November '11, 04:32 PM
Chelsea are exploring the feasibility of building a new stadium at Battersea Power Station, a club spokesman confirms