Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    V.I.PERSTAR is offline Officially A Fully Pledged
    Grime Forum Member
    vCash

Default Formula 1 Thread

The 2011 Formula 1 Season begins on Friday 11 March 2011 but before that the cars need to be launched and testing needs to take place. SEBASTIAN VETTEL is the defending World Champion going into this season.

Launches

Ferrari F150 - Jan 28
    Lotus TL11 - Jan 31
    Renault R31 - Jan 31
    Sauber C30 - Jan 31
    Mercedes WO2 - Feb 1
    Red Bull Racing RB7 - Feb 1
    Scuderia Toro Rosso STR6 - Feb 1
    Williams FW33 - Feb 1
    McLaren MP4/26 - Feb 4
    Virgin MVR-02 - Feb 7
    Force India VJM04 - Feb 10
    Hispania F111 - Mar 3

The Ferrari Launch can be viewed here tomorrow @ 10AM http://www.ferrarif150.com/

Race Calendar
    http://www.formula1.com/races/

The car launches will be fascinating to see the innovation that the teams have come up with for their 2011 cars. Rule changes this year include the ban on the Double Decker Diffuser, Exhaust Blown Diffuser & the F-Duct. However this year we have a new tyre supplier in Pirelli, the return of KERS(82HP extra for 6.6 seconds per lap) & the biggest change of all the The Adjustable Rear Wing. This device can be stalled which stops it producing downforce and reduces drag meaning a gain of up to 20Km/h. It might be dangerous, so teams will approache it with caution.

Everything's set and in less than 6 Weeks it'll be lights out once again

Reppin
    Wherever I May Be
    vCash

looking forward to this.

I've been a Ferrari fan since I was little - my dad is German and so you can guess why.
    UK & US Hip-Hop // UK Rap // Grime:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by DDDN3 View Post
    Didn't you know that Danielson was Kevin Prince Boateng?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    is that the danielson skeppy talks about?

Reppin
    The Ends
    vCash

This season will be a great one. Looking forward to it as well.

KERS coming back will make things interesting. McLaren had by far and away the best developed system when it was first used - wonder if they'll still have that lead this time round.

I'm intrigued to see how the new Renault/Lotus team fares. I hope the naming rights issue is sorted soon. It's be ridiculous to have two teams with the Lotus name in F1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKENGMAN MODE View Post
    your not real life... just something of the internet

Reppin
    Wherever I May Be
    vCash

anyone see the ferrari car launch? awesome much?
    UK & US Hip-Hop // UK Rap // Grime:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by DDDN3 View Post
    Didn't you know that Danielson was Kevin Prince Boateng?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    is that the danielson skeppy talks about?

Grime Forum Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Danielson View Post
    anyone see the ferrari car launch? awesome much?
    Yeah I was expecting more but as Ferrari stated the car will change a lot from now till Bahrain so it'll look very different to the launch spec. Tomorrow I can't wait to see the Renautl R31, Renault seem to have all the right ingredients to be right up there this season

Reppin
    Your Mum's House
    vCash

cant wait for the season start, shame about bahrain tbh

my moneys on red bull again, and ferrari will be better than last year i reckon. will also be interesting to see how renault do without kubica

toro rosso are tipped to be underdogs after pre-season testing

the lotus dispute is going to court this month (the court date was set after bahrain, so there would've been 2 lotus teams if it had gone ahead lol). i reckon last years lotus will have to change their name, cos lotus-renault is lotus cars (theyve bought the renault team and renamed it) and team lotus basically bought the rights to use the name team lotus (the teams name is 1malaysia), so they cant tell lotus cars to change they're name really.

i was hyped by the mclaren launch, definately the bravest design this year but testing hasnt gone to well

hopefully schumacher will crash and die. my earliest f1 memory is him ploughing into damon hill on purpose to stop him winning the championship (95 i think) and ive hated him ever since, and last year with barrichello made me smh

the best f1 news site on the net:

www.f1fanatic.co.uk

Grime Forum Member
    vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
    cant wait for the season start, shame about bahrain tbh

my moneys on red bull again, and ferrari will be better than last year i reckon. will also be interesting to see how renault do without kubica

toro rosso are tipped to be underdogs after pre-season testing

the lotus dispute is going to court this month (the court date was set after bahrain, so there would've been 2 lotus teams if it had gone ahead lol). i reckon last years lotus will have to change their name, cos lotus-renault is lotus cars (theyve bought the renault team and renamed it) and team lotus basically bought the rights to use the name team lotus (the teams name is 1malaysia), so they cant tell lotus cars to change they're name really.

i was hyped by the mclaren launch, definately the bravest design this year but testing hasnt gone to well

hopefully schumacher will crash and die. my earliest f1 memory is him ploughing into damon hill on purpose to stop him winning the championship (95 i think) and ive hated him ever since, and last year with barrichello made me smh

the best f1 news site on the net:

www.f1fanatic.co.uk

I want Toro Rosso to do well it's been too long since I actually cried over sport with pure emotion which happened when Toro Rosso won at Monza in 2008. The pecking order seems to be as follows
    Red Bull/Ferrari
    Renault
    Toro Rosso
    Williams
    Sauber
    McLaren
    Mercedes
    Force India
    & the rest.

The Pirelli tyres are also going to be a major factor in what happens during the races this year. 2 stops are being ruled as seemingly impossible so there's going to be many stops as cars lose heaps of time as the tyres go off, which is BRILLIANT. I'm overly excited for this season all the ingredients are there.

Reppin
    Your Mum's House
    vCash

yeh its gonna be a good one. the drivers arent happy about the tyres but sod 'em lol

i was lookin forward to seeing kubica up there this season, big shame really

rep upon recharge for starting the thread

also dont know if this interests you: http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84596

Reppin
    The Real Mccoy
    vCash

Really looking forward to the new season, the last one was the best for a while.

When does it start again, may?

Reppin
    Barksdale Organisation
    vCash

cant wait for the start of the season, my team Mclaren look liek it will struggle this season. My money is on Red Bull
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Dan View Post

he was soo bless to me, used 2 kiss me on da head

Reppin
    Your Mum's House
    vCash

was meant to start in bahrain on 13th march but was cancelled due to the riots

so now starts in australia on 27th march, qualifying on the 26th

vCash

Can't wait for this, gonna be big.

Reppin
    The Real Mccoy
    vCash

was meant to start in bahrain on 13th march but was cancelled due to the riots

so now starts in australia on 27th march, qualifying on the 26th
    safe, lol check me, May you know.

Naruto Guest

m.schumacher >>>>>

never really been too interested in f1 but i used to watch it quite a bit on telly and schumacher is that guy.

dunno why he went so shit doe but

vCash

tbh i just watch the first corner and see the crashes its a bit boring after that

Naruto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    tbh i just watch the first corner and see the crashes its a bit boring after that
    nah i thought this too but some of the intense takeovers >>>>>

vCash

Nah don't get me wrong I can watch a whole race after the first corner but not much really happens, like a few unimportant middle place swap of positions etc.

Football>>f1

Grime Forum Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Really looking forward to the new season, the last one was the best for a while.

When does it start again, may?
    yeh its gonna be a good one. the drivers arent happy about the tyres but sod 'em lol

i was lookin forward to seeing kubica up there this season, big shame really

rep upon recharge for starting the thread

also dont know if this interests you: http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84596
    Quote Originally Posted by kilik View Post
    cant wait for the start of the season, my team Mclaren look liek it will struggle this season. My money is on Red Bull
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackney's Hustler View Post
    m.schumacher >>>>>

never really been too interested in f1 but i used to watch it quite a bit on telly and schumacher is that guy.

dunno why he went so shit doe but
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackney's Hustler View Post
    nah i thought this too but some of the intense takeovers >>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Nah don't get me wrong I can watch a whole race after the first corner but not much really happens, like a few unimportant middle place swap of positions etc.

Football>>f1
    Yeah disappointed that Kubica wont be able to wring the neck of that Renault this year was his chance to be right up there.

McLaren seem to have gone too aggressive in terms of their design but we wont know until Qualifying in Melbourne if their MP4/26 is a rocket or a dog.

Schumacher's been shit because he came back from retirement just last year but before that he was a master, he can get back to that level it will take a bit of time that's all.

F1 races can be a bit boring but there's always that thought in your head about what's gonna happen next which keeps you watching no matter what, & Kebab you know about those overtakes>>>>>>

Alonso on Schumacher into 130R (185Mph)

Click here to watch the video on YouTube.

FIA 2010 Season Review

I used to think that as well Football>>>>F1 but I don't anymore since I appreciate F1 drivers more. In terms of fitness they are fitter than football players because of the amount of G forces they endure over a race distance.
    To put it into perspective during a high intensity football game a player is likely to run about 11km or so and sweat quite a lot but during lets say the Malaysian Grand Prix an F1 driver has to sit in a cockpit which is around 50-60 degree's celsius, drive at 200mph, take corners at 5G whilst keeping their neck up, put up with a continuous heart rate of 185-90bpm & have the mental strength to race as well as communicate with their engineers/pitwall.

Now don't get me wrong, football players skill is amazing & awe-inspiring but F1 drivers when it comes to the overall package I think they have the edge. Also there's the danger factor involved.

Red Bull Gives You Wings

Reppin
    Your Mum's House
    vCash

alot of people get bored by it cos they dont really know about the ins and outs of racing, to them its just some fast cars wizzing round in a circle. i'm not a huge football fan so i get bored watching a game, cos to me its just some blokes kicking a ball around and i cant look into it much deeper than that. also knowing the track layout makes it loads more interesting because you know what they're doing and what they're about to do

Quote Originally Posted by V.I.PERSTAR View Post
    McLaren seem to have gone too aggressive in terms of their design but we wont know until Qualifying in Melbourne if their MP4/26 is a rocket or a dog.

plus the last days of testing next week might see a small shake up

Quote Originally Posted by V.I.PERSTAR View Post
    I used to think that as well Football>>>>F1 but I don't anymore since I appreciate F1 drivers more. In terms of fitness they are fitter than football players because of the amount of G forces they endure over a race distance.
    To put it into perspective during a high intensity football game a player is likely to run about 11km or so and sweat quite a lot but during lets say the Malaysian Grand Prix an F1 driver has to sit in a cockpit which is around 50-60 degree's celsius, drive at 200mph, take corners at 5G whilst keeping their neck up, put up with a continuous heart rate of 185-90bpm & have the mental strength to race as well as communicate with their engineers/pitwall.
    exactly, the amount of arguments ive had with non-f1 followers about this is ridiculous, f1 drivers are fitter or at least as fit as any other sportsman

Grime Forum Member
    vCash

Thumbs up

This video gives an idea of just how fast and amazing F1 cars are.