Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    vCash

Some outboard synth/drum machine recommendations:

- Korg Volca series:
    These are all brilliant and totally affordable (100 each), I have used all three extensively and they offer endless possibilities.

- Alesis HR16:
    Really great entry level drum machine that can be picked up super cheap on eBay these days (30-40). You can also now buy third party custom EPROMs (micro chips) for this preloaded with 808, 909 or whatever samples you like

vCash

Iv got proteus 2000 standalone...

Hahahaaaaaaaaaa

Reppin
    Essex
    vCash

I have a Behringer CMD Studio 4a controller, if I wanna start using CDJs what would you recommend? Just looking for something I can learn on that won't cost too much

vCash

The JU-06 Boutique from Roland. It's based on a classic and perfect for making square wave Grime bass lines.

It also produces other great sounds. It was introduced to me by Mumdance on his FACT Magazine Studio Tour. I was going to buy the original but then these boutiques came out. Of course the original is amazing but it is huge and suffers with many problems due to its age. It was made in '82 I think.

Has anyone checked out Mumdance's FACT Magazine shows? His Against the Clock si sick too.

vCash

Before committing to a purchase and for those of you who don't get GAS check this out and have a fiddle around with them. I got the first one from TAL a while back and it's very good for a VST!

vCash

Is the Akai MPK Mini MK II any good for a first midi controller?