Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,642
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Brand New Skepta - Hypocrisy ..Is He Biting Big H?

    hNew Skepta, sounding like he's catting H's flow bad for the first half of the track.

    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] your a legend mate

  2. #2
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Such a basic flow, sounds like H alright.

  3. #3
    adamba17 is offline Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    Join Date
    December 2012
    Posts
    3,832
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmanfonz View Post
    Such a basic flow, sounds like H alright.
    Upload a clip of your flow please "big man"

  4. #4
    devilboy's Avatar
    devilboy is offline I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    51

    Default

    Big H cover

  5. #5
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Posts
    7,732
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    126

    Default

    expect h to reply

  6. #6
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamba17 View Post
    Upload a clip of your flow please "big man"
    Not saying I'm better, just have higher standards for him. This is honestly shit.

  7. #7
    The Capital Kid is offline I'm A King When I Scroll Through GrimeForum
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Reppin
    Londinium
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Didn't like it.

  8. #8
    Isachar1001's Avatar
    Isachar1001 is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,010
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Link to a track where Big H uses this flow?
    The Grime Forum's Golden Rule: Do not respond to Yardie / The Grime Spirit / Spiritual / [insert another alias here].

  9. #9
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Posts
    186
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    dead

  10. #10
    Join Date
    July 2017
    Age
    22
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    definitely some major similarities there, would be good to see H go at Skep but can't see it happening

  11. #11
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,642
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isachar1001 View Post
    Link to a track where Big H uses this flow?
    lol you joking mate, the whole first half an hook stinks of H, Mark of the beast springs to mind off the top of my head
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] your a legend mate

  12. #12
    Isachar1001's Avatar
    Isachar1001 is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,010
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRiskoe View Post
    lol you joking mate, the whole first half an hook stinks of H, Mark of the beast springs to mind off the top of my head
    No, I'm not joking.

    It's not the same flow as used in Mark of the Beast. It's similar in that they both spend a lot of lines rhyming 'eee' and 'ing' but other than that, not so much.
    The Grime Forum's Golden Rule: Do not respond to Yardie / The Grime Spirit / Spiritual / [insert another alias here].

  13. #13
    shinigami's Avatar
    shinigami is offline I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve
    Join Date
    August 2008
    Posts
    1,275
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    yeah tbh its a bit of a reach,all them meridian lot sound like each other
    bit of a pointless attempt to generate controversy on dead forum
    oh its the internet lol

  14. #14
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,642
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isachar1001 View Post
    No, I'm not joking.

    It's not the same flow as used in Mark of the Beast. It's similar in that they both spend a lot of lines rhyming 'eee' and 'ing' but other than that, not so much.
    I'm glad you're sticking up for an artist you're clearly a big fan of, but for anyone to say Skepta isn't clearly catting H's style the way he slowly speaks and the flow of how he does it on this hook, either doesn't know about H or is just delusional imo, no offence. But it's nothing new anyway Skepta has been using H's flow's since his very first 8 bar
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] your a legend mate

  15. #15
    Isachar1001's Avatar
    Isachar1001 is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,010
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRiskoe View Post
    I'm glad you're sticking up for an artist you're clearly a big fan of, but for anyone to say Skepta isn't clearly catting H's style the way he slowly speaks and the flow of how he does it on this hook, either doesn't know about H or is just delusional imo, no offence. But it's nothing new anyway Skepta has been using H's flow's since his very first 8 bar
    It's actually less about defending an artist I'm a fan of and more about getting people who make claims, especially disparaging ones, to at least give one example to back up what they're saying.

    It's true, I'm a fan of Skepta and so that likely plays a role in my scepticism here (no pun intended) but I'd like to think I'd respond the same regardless. Still, being honest, it's definitely a flow I could imagine Big H using; as you said, it's very much his style. I just want an example to put the nail in the coffin. A good example such as the one you pointed to: his first bars. You can literally alternate between lines and it still flows the same:

    Gimme space, gimme room.
    Same wasteman wanna spit on my tune.
    It's real out here, not a silly cartoon.
    Lick a man in the jaw-side with a stool.
    The Grime Forum's Golden Rule: Do not respond to Yardie / The Grime Spirit / Spiritual / [insert another alias here].

  16. #16
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Skepta also uses "truss" at the end of a bar at least once around 25 seconds in - this is something that H likes to do, right?

    The "I had to realize slowly that nobody actually knows me" and "I'm so cool and deadly" could certainly be argued to be aimed at Big H.

    Plus, there are a couple bars in there about getting criticized online (video of Big H's "German Whip" - the Peugeot?) and the line "they see the shot I'm flexing" could be about the pictures of H with the AK.

    Maybe, maybe not. But it wouldn't be too hard to imagine Skepta taking shots at H.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrussMeListen View Post
    Skepta also uses "truss" at the end of a bar at least once around 25 seconds in - this is something that H likes to do, right?

    The "I had to realize slowly that nobody actually knows me" and "I'm so cool and deadly" could certainly be argued to be aimed at Big H.

    Plus, there are a couple bars in there about getting criticized online (video of Big H's "German Whip" - the Peugeot?) and the line "they see the shot I'm flexing" could be about the pictures of H with the AK.


    Maybe, maybe not. But it wouldn't be too hard to imagine Skepta taking shots at H.
    Talk about reaching

  18. #18
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey, not saying they are aimed at him, but they could be, which is the purpose of the thread, right?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Reppin
    NW 6
    Posts
    1,642
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isachar1001 View Post
    It's actually less about defending an artist I'm a fan of and more about getting people who make claims, especially disparaging ones, to at least give one example to back up what they're saying.

    It's true, I'm a fan of Skepta and so that likely plays a role in my scepticism here (no pun intended) but I'd like to think I'd respond the same regardless. Still, being honest, it's definitely a flow I could imagine Big H using; as you said, it's very much his style. I just want an example to put the nail in the coffin. A good example such as the one you pointed to: his first bars. You can literally alternate between lines and it still flows the same:

    Gimme space, gimme room.
    Same wasteman wanna spit on my tune.
    It's real out here, not a silly cartoon.
    Lick a man in the jaw-side with a stool.
    My initial reaction almost straight after he starts spitting was this sounds like the way H spits his hooks, it's 100 percent his style and the way he says "they tried to disrespect me" is exactly same tempo etc the way h starts mark of the beast, even the same as he starts always say. For the record I'm a fan To

  20. #20
    BapBap's Avatar
    BapBap is offline I Was Like You Rudeboy
    I Had No Rep To Giiiiivve
    Join Date
    August 2012
    Posts
    1,343
    vCash
    1
    Rep Power
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrussMeListen View Post
    Skepta also uses "truss" at the end of a bar at least once around 25 seconds in - this is something that H likes to do, right?

    The "I had to realize slowly that nobody actually knows me" and "I'm so cool and deadly" could certainly be argued to be aimed at Big H.

    Plus, there are a couple bars in there about getting criticized online (video of Big H's "German Whip" - the Peugeot?) and the line "they see the shot I'm flexing" could be about the pictures of H with the AK.

    Maybe, maybe not. But it wouldn't be too hard to imagine Skepta taking shots at H.
    Fuck off

    They see the shirt (shot) i'm flexing?

    Entertain me, tell me how "I had to realize slowly that nobody actually knows me" and "I'm so cool and deadly" could ever be a shot at H?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •