Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Isachar1001 is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post
    I would still say the 140 BPM tempo is a very common characteristic of grime, since the large majority of grime tracks are that speed.
    @RVB I agree with that
    Last edited by Isachar1001; 15th March '17 at 11:58 AM.

vCash

Some of the Americans don't even realise where they got the sound from lol

vCash

Bit of a reach imo. None of them sounded grimey. GrimeArchive made a playlist full of these: 'Accidental' Grime music: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...xbY5o1zOVGJLig a lot more accurate

vCash

timbaland double time beats came before all grime so it's illogical to call any of them accidental grime...

Dizzee admitted he modelled I Luv U on that riddim and it was further used in a thousand early grime instrumentals.

Timbaland and Rodney Jerkins et al beats were also an influence on the UK Garage sound.
    Before Hip Hop, During Hip Hop, Since Hip Hop...

LJriddims is offline I'm Levels Above It's Blatant
    Now Check My Punctuation
    Reppin
    Six Roads
    vCash

swear thats - oh no thaaats the word

Reppin
    NW 6
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nothing like anything View Post
    timbaland double time beats came before all grime so it's illogical to call any of them accidental grime...

Dizzee admitted he modelled I Luv U on that riddim and it was further used in a thousand early grime instrumentals.

Timbaland and Rodney Jerkins et al beats were also an influence on the UK Garage sound.
    the question is accidentally made grime, so it's not illogical to say he's accidentally produced something there, whether it was before or after, he has still accidentally made a grime beat, without even knowing it
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] your a legend mate

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MrRiskoe View Post
    the question is accidentally made grime, so it's not illogical to say he's accidentally produced something there, whether it was before or after, he has still accidentally made a grime beat, without even knowing it
    Timbaland made a rap beat that grime adopted as it's staple beat pattern (for a while) so in that sense it's not really a grime beat and considering the controversy (amongst grime man at least) over the influence of rap on grime, the op's assertion is ripe for contention!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reppin
    NW 6
    vCash

There is no right or wrong answer here, if someone makes a beat whether rap or not an it goes at 70//140 an sounds grime and you could spit grime bars to it, then they have accidentally made a grime beat it's as simple as that

Same way 702 accidentally made this 2step garage beat when they thought they were making rnb like all their other tracks
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] your a legend mate

vCash

There is no right or wrong answer here, if someone makes a beat whether rap or not an it goes at 70//140 an sounds grime and you could spit grime bars to it, then they have accidentally made a grime beat it's as simple as that

Same way 702 accidentally made this 2step garage beat when they thought they were making rnb like all their other tracks
    Yes I hear your words but I'm disagreeing and saying they haven't 'accidentally made grime' but rather they've 'deliberately made rap' (in the case of Timbo at least).

devilboy is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LJriddims View Post
    swear thats - oh no thaaats the word
    "oh no" is basically this sped up, hear it?

you could also say Masterstepz - Melody because that the intro to Busta Rhymes - Dangerous sped up

LJriddims is offline I'm Levels Above It's Blatant
    Now Check My Punctuation
    Reppin
    Six Roads
    vCash

i think wiley mightve gotten the idea for the little bubble sound (on ice rink) from this tune here
    its used in a similar way

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LJriddims View Post
    i think wiley mightve gotten the idea for the little bubble sound (on ice rink) from this tune here
    its used in a similar way
    Whole song is a ukg blueprint tbf...

Reppin
    South West
    vCash

I always thought the outkast ghetto musick instrumental was pretty grimey on the bass ndat

yeah this is sick innit. im working on this at the moment and a few others to make a badboy grime beat