Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reppin
    Romford, + birmingham
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hypeguy View Post
    i agree they need to mix up the names and just let some dj sets like logan or maximum be a free for all for the mc's
    When I went Building Six Eskimo, the MC bit was a lot more free for all, (I have that on video, should upload it really)���� but the other two felt very PA like, I feel the wembley one may continue that as it's an arena, (I hope not). At that building six show they had Logan do one of his history of grime sets, it was one of the highlights of the night, and the same with Mistajam at Croydon. But there's only so many times I can see Chipmunk, Jammer run out of bars/repeat the same ones, as much as I like them and Elf kid(personally i don't rate him and YGG.

I hope Flirta D does Wembley

adamba17 is online now Cool... Seen
    This Thread Won't Be Big In The Scene!
    22 Negs On Your Post... Seen
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jay.m1990 View Post
    I've been to two (three if you include culture clash) Eskimo Dances in the last year two plus Skepta and Wiley shows - Building Six and Croydon. It seems to feel like the same or a very similar lineup each time seeing pretty much the same thing. I still enjoy it saying that. I think It needs a bit more variation in names and maybe to be more chaotic on stage, sometimes it felt like a PA fest at times. I'm still excited to be going to this one tho.

Each time I go I feel so old like i'm only 26/27this week, and I seem too be one of the oldest there, with lots of younger people. Yet when I saw Trim last week at XOYO, there were more older people than young people.
    This is why I only ever watch them on youtube tbf. If you've been to one, you've been to them all.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reppin
    Romford, + birmingham
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adamba17 View Post
    This is why I only ever watch them on youtube tbf. If you've been to one, you've been to them all.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I've only been to the two plus culture clash, each time I did get to see someone new and I'd like to see a clash. It seems to be the same clique, or locals to that area.

One thing I found was MCs forcing their own reload. It's like let it happen organically by crowd reaction or from the DJ, not by making the DJ pull it up.

vCash

I've only been to the two plus culture clash, each time I did get to see someone new and I'd like to see a clash. It seems to be the same clique, or locals to that area.

One thing I found was MCs forcing their own reload. It's like let it happen organically by crowd reaction or from the DJ, not by making the DJ pull it up.
    Yes bro, this is the number 1 thing that ruins raves these days

Reppin
    Romford, + birmingham
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adamba17 View Post
    Yes bro, this is the number 1 thing that ruins raves these days
    Last week, when I saw Trim, all the reloads were don't by the DJ and were done at the right time, I think Trim only asked for it once as he wanted the beat again. A good MC is able to get reloads and doesn't need to force it.
    Yet i've seen good ones force it.
    When it's done on a radio set it annoys me.
    The only thing is, the croydon Eskimo show, I the venue manager wanted the crowd to calm down, so they could of been doing it deliberately to keep the crowd less lively.

vCash

Last week, when I saw Trim, all the reloads were don't by the DJ and were done at the right time, I think Trim only asked for it once as he wanted the beat again. A good MC is able to get reloads and doesn't need to force it.
    Yet i've seen good ones force it.
    When it's done on a radio set it annoys me.
    The only thing is, the croydon Eskimo show, I the venue manager wanted the crowd to calm down, so they could of been doing it deliberately to keep the crowd less lively.
    Totally agree man, a good mc will never beg a reload. Dunno if that's why they do the reloads thing but good point, maybe it could be tactical. Either way, it ruins enjoyment for fans, especially when it's a bar you were waiting to hear lol

Isachar1001 is offline Type To Me Properly
    Type To Me Like I'm One Of Dem Guys
    vCash

I'm slightly foreboding this since noticing it's a 16+ event: that's surely going to attract some fresh off the boat 'grime fans'. Even the line-up's looking a bit dodgy with the likes of Kojo Funds and Abra Cadabra on it before essential grime artists. It's obvious who else they're trying to appeal to and it's unnecessary.
    Last edited by Isachar1001; 14th March '17 at 12:12 AM.

Reppin
    NW 6
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Isachar1001 View Post
    I'm slightly foreboding this since noticing it's a 16+ event: that's surely going to attract some fresh off the boat 'grime fans'. Even the line-up's looking a bit dodgy with the likes of Kojo Funds and Abra Cadabra on it before essential grime artists. It's obvious who else they're trying to appeal to and it's unnecessary.
    I agree, neither kojo or abra should be at this, it's Eskimo dance, traditionally the rave should be a free for all set with clashes, but Eskimo dance in general has evolved. 02 arena is huge capacity, they need commercial names like this to sell more tickets, which I'm sure is why they have it at 16 plus on the age restriction to

vCash

the 2nd announcement was absolutely shocking. fair enough bring chip on but stefflon don, fekky, kojo funds what the fuck is that about this is supposed to be a grime rave not a rap concert. next charlie sloth will be fucking hosting this thing. then when i look at 16+ and its also from 6 til 11 just confirmed it for me i wont be going to this thing

Reppin
    Brighton
    vCash

line up is hard in my opinion , very keen on seeing pres T and dev is one of the only MCs I aint see yet so wanna go for that. I massively doubt it will be a proper grime rave, will be set times all MCs broken up - only good thing is that skepta aint on it. As much as I like him he attracts bare fan boys

vCash

Fuck grime artists. I'm glad this is mixed up lol.

Can't wait to see UK rappers outshine grime man at their own Mecca lol 🇬🇧

Just go back and watch every Eskimo from 2012 onwards lol. Every MC was there and it got so repetitive and predictable with the line ups and performances lol. #Grime lol

Broaden your horizons lol

Reppin
    Brighton
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Grime Spirit View Post

Grime scene better get behind this tbh
    You are a walking contradiction pal

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post
    Forum's golden rule: never respond to The Grime Spirit / Yardie / [insert another alias here]

Reppin
    NW 6
    vCash

😂 Names grime spirit, hates grime...Go figure

Reppin
    Brighton
    vCash

Forum's golden rule: never respond to The Grime Spirit / Yardie / [insert another alias here]
    yeah i like this, couldnt help myself tho

Reppin
    Romford, + birmingham
    vCash

I'm kinda worried this event will turn into PA after Pa after PA. I hope i'm wrong.

vCash

I'm kinda worried this event will turn into PA after Pa after PA. I hope i'm wrong.

I want to see MCs do sets, preferably in crews. Nothing else. I wish the line-up simply included something like this:
    • Boy Better Know and Roll Deep
    • OGz
    • Ghetts and Kano
    • Newham Generals
    • Tizzy Gang
    • YGG and MTP
    • The Square
    • Slew Dem
    • Bloodline

Instead, it's currently looking like this:

Last edited by Isachar1001; 15th March '17 at 11:30 AM.

vCash

Ignore grime spirit. But your in his thread, as usual lol

Stop crying over Eskimo dance. I'm happy UK rap is taking over. Grime scene and its fans are old news and moaners lol 🇬🇧

vCash

No. The grime scene should get behind this and push it and make it an event. But as usual mans just wanna moan and groan.

And with new information comes new outcomes. 🇬🇧

Anyway I'm just going to hear old skool grime beats playing at Wembley lol 😂😂😂🇬🇧

Reppin
    NW 6
    vCash

I want to see crews do sets. Nothing else. I wish the line-up simply included something like this:
    • Boy Better Know and Roll Deep
    • OGz
    • Ghetts and Kano
    • Tizzy Gang
    • YGG and MTP
    • The Square
    • Slew Dem
    • Bloodline

Instead, it's currently looking like this:

Trust is it could be a big dance like this, I could see YGG//Square//Vision shelling on that stage, they have that proper old school energy in their set's, that would be a much better line up, eskimo dance is a rave a grime rave...not a concert, how is Fekky there, he was a shambles at culture clash no idea how he even still booked by them,
    [/QUOTE] Originally Posted by Yardie Nah never that. And I'm always learning and willing to be skooled but this has not occurred itt. Soz [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra P View Post
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] schooled you cuddy, you had no valid comebacks for him now go listen to T pains greatest hits and cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by diglett17 View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] your a legend mate